Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

294 Sunset Park Drive, Herndon, VA (703) 964-0500

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Ashlee E

BRIDES STAY AWAY!!! THEY RUINED MY WEDDING DONT LET THEM DO IT TO YOU.!!! If it would let me post without a star I would. I ordered my wedding cake from here and had nothing but problems from the 1st meeting I had with them. You name it and it happened to me. All the hell they... Read More put me through leading up to my wedding was one thing. I figured that was the end of it and I would be able to enjoy my wedding and my cake would show up and be perfect.... HA yeah right. They brought me the wrong wedding cake!!!!! I ordered one 4 tier cake and 3 small round cakes. They brought the wrong round cakes and my tiered cake was the correct flavors but the wrong color and wrong design. The 3 small cakes I ordered were supposed to be tres leche and they brought me apple spice cake instead. That's nowhere near similar. I ordered the brightest white of white. I was told that it would look like snow. However I got an ugly offwhite-orange color cake. When I went in 2 days before my wedding to take in the accessories for my cake I asked to speak to the woman I had been emailing with for months so we'd all be on the same page since we had been having so many problems. I did that so I could make sure the color and design that I paid for would be on the cake. Honestly it wasn't even a complicated cake, all I wanted was heart scrolls on it, nothing extra, no complicated flowers or anything! The woman showed me the contract and I checked the pictures and colors and everything looked fine so silly me for assuming they'd be professional enough to get it correct 2 days later on my wedding day!!!! Also it turns out that the woman that I talked to that day was pretending to be the woman I had been emailing with. I didn't find out until almost a month later that it was a different person!!! They should have been honest and just said she wasn't there instead of lying to me. The day after my wedding my mom emailed corporate and they said that since the 3 small cakes were wrong she could have $200 back. We tried explaining that more than just the 3 small cakes were wrong that the color and design were too and they didn't care. We paid over $1600 for my cake, half of it was wrong and all your going to give us back is $200 just to make us go away? About a month after my wedding, when I got back from my honeymoon, I went to amphoras to speak to the manager Brandon. I hate writing bad reviews so I just wanted to talk to him and settle everything without me having to complain about it and leave a bad review. He apologized and claimed he wasn't told the whole story. I thought he was being sincere, he promised me multiple times that he would contact headquarters and call or email me back within a week. It's been a month and I've called amphoras multiple times and heard nothing back so I have decided to take things into my own hands considering they don't care about their customers.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Stefanie R

Our carrot cake wedding cake was delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Marissa Y

Our wedding cake with Amphora was delicious and it was beautiful. My issue with amphora was their poor communication. Over the 9 months I worked with them for my wedding, I had 3 different contacts and it was always difficult to get in contact with someone when had a question.... Read More My biggest frustration was two weeks before our wedding. I had contacted Amphora to drop off my topper and the embellishments for the cake. The new wedding cake coordinator was supposed to be there for me to give them to her. It was about $300 in decor and I drew out a diagram per their request. When I arrived at the designated time, she was not there. She did email me to let me know she received everything, but I was not thrilled. I hope that this is just a transitional time for them, because the cake truly was delicious and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Jessica O

Our tasting experience was amazing. Response to emails and calls were always quick. The cake was absolutely beautiful and everyone loved it! It tasted better than I remembered! We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Kimberly V

Amphora's did an excellent job on my husband’s groom’s cake for our wedding. Thanks to the wonders of Pinterest we had a lot of fun ideas for his cake, which when speaking to bakers in our search were unattainable or would be extremely expensive to make. We were getting... Read More disheartened and were ready to simply not have a groom’s cake-when we met with Amphora's. They were wonderful to work with. We showed them a picture of what we wanted and they were able to create an exact replica at a price we could afford. They even made the slight modifications we requested to make it our own. My husband got to have his grooms cake thanks to Amphora's! His cake was made to resemble a baseball base with a baseball glove on it and a ball in the glove. It turned out perfect. I would recommend them for any creative cake design needs!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kristen H

Our cake was delicious! The bakery was easy to work with and provided a free tasting. We chose a vanilla lemon buttercream cake, 2 tiers, with a simple mint green fondant ribbon. It was delivered on time and it was beautiful!! The bakery also provided items for the "All American... Read More Dessert Bar" (we used Amphora Catering for our dinner as well). Everything from cookies and brownies to chocolate dipped rice and personal pies. SO GOOD!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

Amphora was great to work with. The cakes were very delicious (though the selection was very standard: red velvet, amaretto, chocolate, Irish creme, vanilla, some fruit fillings, etc). They made the cake to our exact specifications, and it came out beautifully. They were... Read More relatively easy to work with, though they kept getting new managers, so when we would call with questions, often we would be speaking with someone who had never met us/has no idea about our wedding. In the end though, everything came together and was perfect.

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Bella G

My Fiance and I knew almost immediately that we wanted to get our cake from Amphora. Kay Snyder who is the wedding cake lady for the Bakery was beyond fantastic, she was so responsive and sweet from the very first contact on. We have a complete custom cake, and had a ton of... Read More follow up questions and she answered my emails well past normal working hours so I went into this contract with the most secure feeling. I've had their cakes prior to our testing there so knew the cake would be delicious! and the price for our custom cake was beyond reasonable. I can't recommend them enough and can't wait until our next celebration to order our cake from them!

Beautiful and delicious

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 A H

We got married on Saturday, August 30, 2014 at Oxon Hill Manor. I ordered my cake through Erika. She was a pleasure to work with and they delivered without a hitch. Erika showed me many photos and displays of wedding cakes and I chose details from the different cakes that I... Read More liked to create my own. The cake looked exactly like I hoped it would and it was delicious. My guests loved the cake.

Great cake

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Elissa D

Amphora did an excellent job on our wedding cake. From the tasting experience to many changes over the phone and e-mail we were very pleased with their responsiveness and willingness to make changes after placing our original order. There staff had many changes over the course... Read More of the few months we had booked them until our wedding, but each person we worked with was great. The cake was moist and delicious! We received many compliments.

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 natalie l

We had a very unique request for our wedding cake and Amphora Bakery did amazing! We loved our cake and it tasted delicious!

Beautiful Wedding Cake and tasted GREAT!

Reviewed on 5/25/2014 Kerstin R

My husband and I procured our wedding cake with Amphora Bakery. They listened to our wishes and produced not only a beautiful wedding cake but was exquisite in taste! The butter cream frosting is the way to go, and can be made in so many ways for their ability to create your... Read More one of a kind unique wedding cake~

Absolutely Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Bethany S

The cake was as beautiful as it was delicious. It met my expectations. Amphora had no problem delivering it even though we were married 2 hours away from the bakery. They were also flexible in that a couple of weeks before the wedding we asked to reduce the size of the cake;... Read More they were professional and refunded us the difference in cost. I would absolutely recommend Amphora!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Megan A

The cake looked amazing and I loved that I was able to pick it up the morning of my wedding.

I've never had better cake in my life

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Katie A

My husband and I decided to go with Amphora because it was close to us in Herndon, VA even though we were getting married in Rose Haven, MD. It is an hour and a half drive and Amphora delivered. The cake tasted so good that everyone made sure to let us know. We went with a... Read More chocolate cake with raspberry filling and even the non-chocolate lovers loved it. The fondant they use is imported from Italy and tastes delicious. The staff was excellent. There are many designs to choose from and colors also. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is that I felt the color was a little off from what we asked for, but it was close enough that day of it didn't make a difference.

Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 7/11/2013 Jennifer S

I enjoyed working with the staff at Amphora. They were very helpful. My cake was ready on schedule and it turned out perfect. It was delicious. The only negative I would offer is they did not offer free cake samples. Samples would have helped my husband and I better decide... Read More what to order.

Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Julie N

Amphora designed a beautiful cake that was commented on by everyone at the wedding. The cake was delicious and moist! It is a bit on the pricy side but if the cake is important to you then definitely consult with Brittany at Amphora.

Best Cake

Reviewed on 12/17/2012 Alexandra G

I worked with Amphora Bakery for my Rehearsal Dinner Grooms Cake. They made a beautiful cake that had my Groom's favorite things, Redskins helmet and our chocolate lab, Charlie. It was a surprise to him and he was really blown away. They were very professional and helped me take... Read More my vision into a cake that we will remember always. I would have used them for my wedding as well, but my venue included the cake in their package. I would definitely recommend Amphora for a wedding cake or any other special events!

Great Pick!

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Cassandra M

We went very traditional with our wedding cake - vanilla cake, vanilla buttercream icing, chocolate buttercream filling. It tasted perfect. The decorations were exactly to our specifications and everything arrived on-time without any hassles. Reliable and friendly.

Decicious

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Erin L

Our cake was included with our package at the Hyatt, but it was delicious. The one thing I didn't like was they had a book that had cakes that were included with our package, but the picture didn't accurately display what was included. For example, the cake we decided on had... Read More some piping on the side and some fondant ribbons on each layer. These were in the picture, however, it was not included in the price, leaving us to pay more. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to know this before we looked at the pictures.

Not Satisfied w their Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Veronica G

The cakes they have are gorgeous, but the service....Not impressed. We went to get a quote with my fiance and the stuff were very rude to give us information. It's a good thing that we decided to do it somewhere else!

The best in Northern Virginia

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Christina F

I normally purchase cakes form Amphora for birthdays and special occassions. So when it came time for my husband and I to re-new our vows, returning to Amphora for our wedding cake was a no brainer. Their cakes are always full of flavor and stay moist for up to a week. Not to... Read More mention that the design of our cake was absolutely fabulous. If you live in the DMV, and want a great cake at a great price, call Amphora. Better yet drive over to the bakery and try and sample. It is worth the drive and you won't be disappointed.

Mouth-wateringly good

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Tori P

It was such a pleasure working with Carrie. She was very professional and timely in her correspondence. Everything went exactly as planned and she gave great guidance as to the flavors, frosting colors, and timing of delivery. Our wedding cakes were luxurious, perfectly... Read More constructed and mouth-wateringly good. We were very pleased with the outcome and would highly recommend Amphora Baker to anyone looking for a special occasion cake. LaToya* Cheryl

Red Velvet = Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Andrea Z

Amphora Bakery did an amazing job on my wedding cake! They took the picture that I provided and replicated it, while making a few unique changes to call it their own. I'm so glad that I chose to have the shimmer on the cake -- it was probably my favorite part! We had plenty... Read More of leftover cake and froze it until we were ready to eat it. We've recently pulled it out of the freezer, let it defrost, and are currently enjoying pieces for dessert. Thank you for a pretty cake! We'll definitely be visiting Amphora for future events!

The best cakes

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Carol D

We froze the top tier of our cake but because we loved it some much, we ate half of it already. For our wedding, we ordered the Amaretto with Rasberry and a side velvet cake for 178 guests. Some of our guests are still asking about our wedding cake. We also order as party... Read More favors French macaroons. When we first went for the cake tasting at Amphora bakery, we were very impress with the professionalism, presentation, the variety of cakes and flavor. I will definitely recommend Amphora a bakery and can't wait for our next event.