April Beer, Celebrant and Modern Interfaith Minister

Northern NJ

The Rev of Luv - Creative & Memorable Ceremonies!

There are few occasions in life that are truly momentous. Your wedding is one of these special times that deserves a ceremony as unique and extraordinary as the people involved. As your Celebrant, I will make your visions and dreams about this day a reality.

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Northern NJ, West Orange, NJ Northern NJ (973) 865-3740

Reviewed on 4/04/2018 Brittany B

We could not have been happier with the beautiful, one-of-a-kind and special ceremony that April prepared for us. From the first phone call we were captivated by April’s energy and passion for telling the love stories of others and upon meeting her, we knew that she was the... Read More perfect celebrant for us. She made the process easy and was patient with us when we could not decide on certain pieces to include. We met with her a couple of times throughout the year leading up to our wedding, and worked with her over phone and email. We felt that through these meetings and conversations, she really took the time to dive deep and get to know us to craft the perfect ceremony. The “homework” she provides to help learn more about your love story is simple and fun to complete. The ceremony itself was absolutely magical. April’s delivery and timing for telling our story and performing the beautiful ceremony was flawless. She kept our family and friends engaged the entire time and allowed our love story to shine. She made our family and friends laugh, cry and just enjoy the beautiful moment. After the ceremony, we received so many touching comments on how special and different the ceremony. Many of our guests have reached out as they want April information to do their ceremony as well! We highly highly recommend April Beer and cannot express enough on how absolutely wonderful she is!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Jaclyn M

Words can not explain how much my husband and I love april. She truly is amazing. She was THE BEST DECISION we made. Being an interfaith couple, she made us so comfortable with her recommendations and guidance. Her ceremony was truly amazing. She took the time To get to know us... Read More and made it personal. Every single guest raved about her. April, we love you! Xoxox

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Amanda Z

April Beer is the absolute best! I cannot begin to express how happy we were to have April as our officiant! My husband and I got married in Morristown, New Jersey in September 2017, but we were planning the whole wedding from our home in Washington, DC which really... Read More complicated the whole process of wedding planning. I found April's website online, and I could tell from the first moment that she seemed like exactly what I was looking for. We got in touch via email and met via Skype. My husband and I loved April immediately; she made us feel so comfortable and she clearly is doing what she loves which meant a lot to us. April gave us some real homework to do so she could get acquainted with each of us as individuals and as a couple, asking about our lives and how we came together, what challenges we had overcome and milestones we celebrated. She advised us through the entire process, answering our questions and providing guidance without ever being overbearing or bossy. She was open to all our weirdness (of which there was a bunch!) and listened really carefully when we told her what we were hoping for from our ceremony. April made sure there were no surprises with the ceremony, giving us full control of the final product. The day of the wedding was the first time we all met in person, and it felt like I knew her forever. She made me feel just as comfortable in person, running us through the rehearsal and making sure everyone knew what was going on. I cannot recommend working with April enough. She is one of a kind!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Jenna B

Words cannot even begin to describe how phenomenal April is! I knew from the moment my husband and I met her, that our ceremony was going to be exactly what we wanted. From start to finish, she was with us every step of the way, guiding us, and making us feel as though we were... Read More the only couple she was working with. Every couple is unique and that is what April specializes in. She listens to your story, asks questions to further understand you, and then builds a ceremony that is personal to you! After our ceremony, the guests even said, “I feel like I know you and Tommy even more now. April was a fantastic speaker and really understood the two of you. Best ceremony I have been a witness to.” Thank you, April!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Clarissa S

April officiated our wedding on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at The Grove in Cedar Grove, NJ. She was the absolute best! April was extremely available during the planning process and always made sure it was convenient for us to meet with her. We are an interfaith couple and April... Read More totally GETS US! The ceremony was personalized and included many special touches including mixing our two cultures/faiths and honoring our loved ones who passed. Our guests have all been raving about our ceremony and we still receive so many compliments. April truly encompassed what our love is all about.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Cory H

April performed our ceremony in October and we’re still getting complements. From our first meeting with April, her energy and passion was contagious. She helped us to custom design a ceremony that honored & delighted our Jewish and Christian families. She took the time to get... Read More to know us and really listened and honored our vision for our ceremony. April had everyone smiling, laughing & crying. Our guests were saying it was the best ceremony they ever attended.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Veronica V

April Beer performed our 8/31/17 ceremony and the amount of compliments me recieved were wonderful. April really takes the time to personalize the ceremony to ensure it is a reflection of the couple. She guides you the whole way, so there is no need to stress. April, thank you... Read More again for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Michele G

Could not have been happier with April and our experience. She took the time to get to know us as a couple and really made sure to make our ceremony a story about us. It was very personal and truly told the story of "us". We received a ton of complements from our guests after... Read More the ceremony and would highly recommend April to friends and family. If you are looking for a ceremony that is very personal and tells the story of you as a couple, definitely go with April. 5 stars and more.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Lisa S

Look NO further!! I attended a wedding that April officiated many years ago, and when it was my turn to say I do, I knew exactly who I wanted. From our first meeting to our wedding day April was great! She was always available, accomodating with last minute changes, and really... Read More helped us with the entire process. I can't thank her enough! Her attention to detail and the time she took to learn about us as a couple really made for a beautiful unique ceremony. Everyone was commenting about how much they enjoyed it! So again look NO further and say "I DO" to April Beer!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Melissa K

April Beer was absolutely perfect for our special day. She made our ceremony from scratch and truly made it all about us. Her ceremonies tell a story instead of being the same old boring routine that everyone else does. She met with us numerous times and truly got to know us as... Read More individuals and as a couple. She was able to work with my husbands unfiltered sense of humor and turn it into something absolutely beautiful. Guests at our wedding still discuss our wedding ceremony and how truly incredible and special it was! Hands down, you should pick April as your officiant. She truly is the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Meredith E

I knew of April Beer because she married my sister and brother-in-law 5 years ago. As soon as I got engaged, I reached out to April to ensure that we chose a wedding date to accommodate her availability. She did such an amazing job customizing a perfect ceremony, and I wanted... Read More the same for our wedding! We were married on 8/11/2017, and once again April did such an incredible job! Our ceremony was very different than my sister's because it was perfectly customized for the two of us. She is an amazing writer and told our love story beautifully. All of our guests were laughing and crying throughout our ceremony and we are constantly hearing about how much they all enjoyed it. Thank you April!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Kevin T

April Beer officiated our wedding on 9/9/2017, and we could not have asked for a better ceremony. She struck a perfect balance of humor and romanticism. Tons of our guests told us that the ceremony was one of the most (if not THE most) beautiful and romantic ceremonies they had... Read More ever seen. The ceremony was very personalized, which we really appreciated over the cookie-cutter scripts we had seen from some other officiants who we spoke with before deciding on April. In retrospect, we would not have changed a single thing about the ceremony. I highly recommend booking her as your officiant. She is fantastic and she will make your ceremony beautiful and memorable.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Eva B

April is the best! My husband Anthony and I couldn't be happier with the ceremony she performed for us on Aug 12th 2017 at the Brownstone in NJ. I initially spoke to April over the phone for a long while and after that I knew she was the one ;) ! She has great energy and truly... Read More loves what she does. April made us both feel so comfortable throughout the whole process and she is a wonderful speaker and writer. She really cares about her couples, is detail oriented and very responsive and reliable. She makes sure that the finished ceremony is exactly what you want. Our custom ceremony was perfect for us and we received a lot of compliments on it from family and guests. We didn't want a standard cookie cutter ceremony, we wanted something personal, sweet and also fun and she definitely delivered. Hire April, you will be so glad you did!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Ashley P

April was the officiant for our wedding earlier this month. When we started our search for an officiant, we weren't really sure what to expect. We were looking for someone who would create a ceremony that would be true to who we are are individually and as a couple, but who... Read More would also make our families happy. April did this and so much more. It's very rare that people compliment a ceremony as part of your wedding, but we had so many people tell us how heartfelt and sincere our ceremony was. April did an amazing job telling the story of our relationship and we are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 amber f

Our goal for our wedding was to have a ceramony that was a relection of our life together. When we spoke with April over the phone we knew in an instant that she was a perfect fit for us. April was able to help us create a ceramony that was light hearted yet sentimental. We had... Read More some unconventional ideas & she was flexible with incorporating them into the ceremony. We made people laugh & cry and April had such an amazing way of delivering our story that it felt like she was our long lost aunt. We highly recommend her for your wedding ceremony you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Joseph O

April Beer did such an amazing job for our wedding and couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job than her. She is very personable and really tries to get to you know throughout the process. She made the process painless and really accommodated our crazy work schedules. She... Read More helped us in every way possible and even shared information with us that we wouldn't have even thought about. Everyone in attendance loved her and she even helped to take charge when the person from the venue had a differing opinion.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle D

Over the past 6 years I am honored to say that April has become part of our family. In 2010, she preformed our interfaith wedding ceremony. In 2013, when or son was born she came to our home and created a beautiful and warm baby welcoming ceremony. It was without question that... Read More when our daughter was Born in February that she would come back. She is warm, approachable, easy to work with, calm, and FUN! The interfaith "stuff" can be daunting but she made it easy and well to work with. April also knows how to include everyone and personalize each and every ceremony. She works hard and is very good at what she does. She gives guidance throughout the planning and is very helpful. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Amanda H

My husband and I got married just last week and had the incredible pleasure of having April officiate our ceremony. When we say she hit it out of the park, we are by NO MEANS EXAGGERATING! From the start, she really took the time to get to know us, our story, and how we wanted... Read More

our ceremony to flow. She sat down with us several times to go over every detail, from how we wanted our story to be told, to the make up of our wedding party, to suggestions for ceremony add-ons and even sample vows (we decided to write our own). What's more, she gave us full license as to the exact content of our ceremony, so we knew well ahead of time how it was going to go. Having been to about a trillion weddings, we know that sometimes the bride and groom are surprised by what's said during their ceremony; April's approach put our minds at ease. She is warm, funny, and a delight to work with, you would be lucky to have her officiate your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen M

From the beginning April always exceeded our expectations. When we went to our no obligations meeting with her I knew right away I wanted her officiating my ceremony. She has a beautiful speaking voice and a very calming and positive presence. While writing our ceremony she... Read More really went out of her way to get to know us and make our ceremony personal. She was also always available for questions. Cut to the day of ( well the day before ) she was so helpful with the rehearsal and let everyone know exactly what they will be doing. The day of - not many weddings do people say the ceremony was the best part but i think mine was. I received so many compliments on mine ! It was personal without being cheesy. It even included some humor which I love. Also importantly she really takes all the stress out of getting your marriage license and even gives you a step by step instructions on how to change your last name if you choose to. My wedding would not have been the same without April that's for sure !!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Katie F

Once I talked to April on the phone, I knew she would be our officiant. Or our "Rev of Love"! She totally put me at ease from the first phone call and just made me feel comfortable, which was such an important factor since, no pressure, she'd be the one marrying us! From the... Read More first phone call to the face-to-face meetings to the email communication, April was a joy to work with. It wasn't really work after all. In essence, April was the narrator of our marriage and wrote a beautiful love story that fit us so well. She writes the story based on your story and you have the ability to add, edit or change anything you'd like. Since we didn't write our own vows, she gave us so many examples and options of vows that worked beautifully. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. We love you April!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Emily S

We were so fortunate to have April as the Celebrant for our wedding. April was incredibly thoughtful and thorough about the content of our ceremony. She was really about to capture the spirit of our relationship - this was done by being genuinely interested in learning about... Read More us and making sure all of the details were correct. She takes no liberties on her wording and always checked for our approval. As a couple who was somewhat unsure of what elements we wanted to have in our ceremony, we could not have been more thrilled that April was fully prepared with ideas and suggestions and explained her interpretation of the meaning of each piece. She really helped us craft the perfect ceremony; spirited, warm and loving. April was also able to walk us through the administrative pieces of getting the license, certificate, etc. Highly highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Lisa H

April was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maria S

April has a natural talent for her role as an Officiant and The Rev of Luv. I recently attended one of her ceremonies and was taken by her presence, her soothing and emoting voice, and the beautiful story she created for the Bride & Groom. The ceremony was warm, intimate and in... Read More some parts very funny. It was very much like the couple. April was gracious and it's apparent she loves what she does! It was definitely the best wedding I've ever attended. If you work with April, you will experience a wonderful and memorable time! It was a great way to start off the couple's celebration!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kristen M

April did such a wonderful job with our ceremony! She listened to us and created a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted - personal, upbeat, full of love, and not too long! She told our story, and even reached out to our friends and family for their thoughts on my husband... Read More and me as a couple to include. We received tons of compliments from our guests on how beautiful the ceremony was and how much it felt like "us". Thank you April!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Colleen R

April did a great job at our wedding!! Everyone loved our ceremony; our guests were all saying how beautiful it was! I think it is important to have a ceremony that fits the personality of the bride and the groom, and April delivered a ceremony that was spot on. April also helps... Read More guide you through applying for your marriage license and then obtaining the certified copy of it afterwards, as well as changing your last name if you wish, which is great because it is one less thing you have to worry about figuring out yourself. We are very happy we chose April to do our ceremony; we could not have asked for a better wedding officiant!