April Beer, Celebrant and Modern Interfaith Minister

Ceremony, Wedding

Northern NJ, West Orange, NJ
Northern NJ

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Melissa R

I came across a video of April performing a wedding ceremony while looking through videos from a prospective videographer. I immediately fell in love with her and knew I had to find out her contact information. From our initial phone conversation, I knew that she was exactly... Read More what I was looking for. Our first initial meeting only solidified this. April was so responsive to any questions that I had and truly took the time to get to know my fiancé and I prior to the wedding. She emphasized how our wedding ceremony would be about us as a couple and our love story, which was so important to me. On the day of my wedding, after the ceremony, I had so many people come over to me and compliment me on the ceremony. They told me it was the most beautiful ceremony that they had ever seen and LOVED that it was so focused on us. Our wedding was one month ago and I wish I would go back and relive the ceremony again. It was truly the most amazing part of the entire day. April did a fantastic job. A bonus, her husband took amazing pictures during the ceremony that she sent to me! I highly recommend her to anyone who wants a truly memorable wedding ceremony customized to the couple themselves. My husband and I couldn't be happier. I hope our paths cross one day with her again. She is a special human being.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Melissa R

April was so great and we were lucky to book her for our wedding! I'm Jewish and my husband is Catholic and we wanted to incorporate traditions from both cultures into the ceremony without making it religious. Not only was April so open to this but she had provided us with a ton... Read More of suggestions on things we can do to personalize the ceremony. We also love that she gave us homework. Not only was it a great exercise for April to learn about us as a couple and incorporate it in the ceremony, but it was a lovely way to learn how my husband and I feel about each other that we don't always share. We also appreciated that we get to edit the final draft of the ceremony and we can adjust how we like. It was incredibly personal and for a bride and groom that isn't sappy, we both felt very emotional during the ceremony. I also loved that April encouraged us to write our own vows and I'm so happy we were talked into it! Great officiant!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Kim K

April is THE BEST!!! Let me start off by saying that I was a guest at a wedding six years ago and when I first saw April perform their ceremony, I knew at that moment that when I got married, she would be doing my ceremony. I loved everything about it! It was so personal and... Read More truly fit the couple being married. Six years later - she officiated our wedding!! She is amazing! From our first meeting, I think my fiance and I connected with her and enjoyed planning the wedding. We didn't just have to talk to her, we enjoyed the conversation. But when it comes down to it, April truly makes your wedding unique, personal, and about YOU!!! It's not another cookie cutter ceremony where the officiant can get away with an "insert name here" type script. It's YOUR STORY performed your way and she is able to capture that perfectly! We wanted our ceremony to be lighthearted, romantic, and funny and that's exactly what April was able to give us. It was beautiful. During the ceremony, April told the story of how we met and fell in love as well as some other details in our relationship. We loved it and even more importantly, our guests loved it. It was a ceremony that truly meant something to everyone in the room and not just us as the bride and groom. They got to hear about us and our relationship and love for each other in a way that made the love between us really come to life. While planning the ceremony, April gave us plenty of options for how the ceremony can be performed as well as hints as to how to write our vows if we wanted to. I always thought we would never write our own vows, but after reading some of her suggestions, it was so easy. And our vows meant so much more knowing they were each written by the other. We were able to stand up and recite vows that were really meant for each other right down to the smallest detail. She even had some wonderful suggestions of how to include my now step-daughter in the ceremony to make her part more important than just the flower girl. April helps from start to finish with wedding plans and walks you through each part step by from getting the marriage license to changing your name afterward. There are truly not enough words to describe how wonderful April is at what she does. I've personally seen two other weddings, aside from my own, and each one was as unique and special as the couple being wed. If it were possible to give more than 5 stars, I would do it!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 amber f

Our goal for our wedding was to have a ceramony that was a relection of our life together. When we spoke with April over the phone we knew in an instant that she was a perfect fit for us. April was able to help us create a ceramony that was light hearted yet sentimental. We had... Read More some unconventional ideas & she was flexible with incorporating them into the ceremony. We made people laugh & cry and April had such an amazing way of delivering our story that it felt like she was our long lost aunt. We highly recommend her for your wedding ceremony you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Joseph O

April Beer did such an amazing job for our wedding and couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job than her. She is very personable and really tries to get to you know throughout the process. She made the process painless and really accommodated our crazy work schedules. She... Read More helped us in every way possible and even shared information with us that we wouldn't have even thought about. Everyone in attendance loved her and she even helped to take charge when the person from the venue had a differing opinion.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle D

Over the past 6 years I am honored to say that April has become part of our family. In 2010, she preformed our interfaith wedding ceremony. In 2013, when or son was born she came to our home and created a beautiful and warm baby welcoming ceremony. It was without question that... Read More when our daughter was Born in February that she would come back. She is warm, approachable, easy to work with, calm, and FUN! The interfaith "stuff" can be daunting but she made it easy and well to work with. April also knows how to include everyone and personalize each and every ceremony. She works hard and is very good at what she does. She gives guidance throughout the planning and is very helpful. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Amanda H

My husband and I got married just last week and had the incredible pleasure of having April officiate our ceremony. When we say she hit it out of the park, we are by NO MEANS EXAGGERATING! From the start, she really took the time to get to know us, our story, and how we wanted... Read More our ceremony to flow. She sat down with us several times to go over every detail, from how we wanted our story to be told, to the make up of our wedding party, to suggestions for ceremony add-ons and even sample vows (we decided to write our own). What's more, she gave us full license as to the exact content of our ceremony, so we knew well ahead of time how it was going to go. Having been to about a trillion weddings, we know that sometimes the bride and groom are surprised by what's said during their ceremony; April's approach put our minds at ease. She is warm, funny, and a delight to work with, you would be lucky to have her officiate your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen M

From the beginning April always exceeded our expectations. When we went to our no obligations meeting with her I knew right away I wanted her officiating my ceremony. She has a beautiful speaking voice and a very calming and positive presence. While writing our ceremony she... Read More really went out of her way to get to know us and make our ceremony personal. She was also always available for questions. Cut to the day of ( well the day before ) she was so helpful with the rehearsal and let everyone know exactly what they will be doing. The day of - not many weddings do people say the ceremony was the best part but i think mine was. I received so many compliments on mine ! It was personal without being cheesy. It even included some humor which I love. Also importantly she really takes all the stress out of getting your marriage license and even gives you a step by step instructions on how to change your last name if you choose to. My wedding would not have been the same without April that's for sure !!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Katie F

Once I talked to April on the phone, I knew she would be our officiant. Or our "Rev of Love"! She totally put me at ease from the first phone call and just made me feel comfortable, which was such an important factor since, no pressure, she'd be the one marrying us! From the... Read More first phone call to the face-to-face meetings to the email communication, April was a joy to work with. It wasn't really work after all. In essence, April was the narrator of our marriage and wrote a beautiful love story that fit us so well. She writes the story based on your story and you have the ability to add, edit or change anything you'd like. Since we didn't write our own vows, she gave us so many examples and options of vows that worked beautifully. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. We love you April!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Emily S

We were so fortunate to have April as the Celebrant for our wedding. April was incredibly thoughtful and thorough about the content of our ceremony. She was really about to capture the spirit of our relationship - this was done by being genuinely interested in learning about... Read More us and making sure all of the details were correct. She takes no liberties on her wording and always checked for our approval. As a couple who was somewhat unsure of what elements we wanted to have in our ceremony, we could not have been more thrilled that April was fully prepared with ideas and suggestions and explained her interpretation of the meaning of each piece. She really helped us craft the perfect ceremony; spirited, warm and loving. April was also able to walk us through the administrative pieces of getting the license, certificate, etc. Highly highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Lisa H

April was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maria S

April has a natural talent for her role as an Officiant and The Rev of Luv. I recently attended one of her ceremonies and was taken by her presence, her soothing and emoting voice, and the beautiful story she created for the Bride & Groom. The ceremony was warm, intimate and in... Read More some parts very funny. It was very much like the couple. April was gracious and it's apparent she loves what she does! It was definitely the best wedding I've ever attended. If you work with April, you will experience a wonderful and memorable time! It was a great way to start off the couple's celebration!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kristen M

April did such a wonderful job with our ceremony! She listened to us and created a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted - personal, upbeat, full of love, and not too long! She told our story, and even reached out to our friends and family for their thoughts on my husband... Read More and me as a couple to include. We received tons of compliments from our guests on how beautiful the ceremony was and how much it felt like "us". Thank you April!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Colleen R

April did a great job at our wedding!! Everyone loved our ceremony; our guests were all saying how beautiful it was! I think it is important to have a ceremony that fits the personality of the bride and the groom, and April delivered a ceremony that was spot on. April also helps... Read More guide you through applying for your marriage license and then obtaining the certified copy of it afterwards, as well as changing your last name if you wish, which is great because it is one less thing you have to worry about figuring out yourself. We are very happy we chose April to do our ceremony; we could not have asked for a better wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amanda W

April was a pleasure to work with from the moment we met her! She is so caring and takes you through each step of the procedure. She gives you a lot of information and has you fill out a questionnaire about one another which she, in turn, incorporates into your ceremony. She... Read More sends you the entire ceremony "script" in advance so you can go through and pick and choose what you want included. My hubby and I were raised Catholic but we decided to have a "God-Lite" ceremony at our venue. April gave us exactly what we wanted and everyone came up to us after the ceremony saying that was one of the nicest ceremonies they have ever been to! April met us several times before the big day, she was always available to answer any questions and we also did a rehearsal the day before. After the ceremony, she will have your paperwork filed in the town in which you were married and she will send you an email confirming same and will provide you with the name and phone # of the office where you can pick it up. Her services were outstanding. Not only was she a great officiant, but we would like to say we made a new friend :) She is extremely friendly and very relatable. Thank you again, April!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Susan P

from Pam B.--Our family has had the pleasure of knowing April Beer as a dear friend for more than twenty years. We have been aware of her talents and accomplishments as an Officiant over the years. However, it was not until 2015 that our family was able to appreciate her... Read More professionalism and competence first hand. April was amazing in her ability to draw upon the many distinctive qualities of our family and to incorporate them into a beautiful and memorable ceremony. We were so very much impressed by the level of her preparation inasmuch as she was able to include, in some way, all of the family members in the service. April’s manner is warm and unpretentious while still maintaining the dignity and the solemnity of the occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

April is an amazing wedding officiant who is truly passionate about her work! From the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew she had to perform our ceremony! When we met April she helped us design a ceremony that incorporated our interfaith backgrounds (Jewish/Christian) in an... Read More engaging cultural way. She guided us through the entire process. From helping us write our own secret vows, to applying for our license and name change. The Ceremony she wrote for us was all about our love and journey, and it was funny, loving and touching. My guests were floored and told us they have never experienced an Interfaith ceremony such as ours. April kept everyone engaged and drew them all in with her wonderful voice and presence. People are still calling and texting me about our ceremony. My Maid of Honor just booked her as well. If your looking to have a very special, intimate and even funny wedding ceremony, you should call April, she is wonderful and a pleasure to work with!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Rachel M

April is the absolute best choice for a wedding officiant! From the moment we met her we loved her! I chose her by only reading reviews online! She was there for my husband and I the whole way. She was on us about doing our "homework" which is how she could get to know us... Read More better. And she encouraged us to write our own vows, which now, I couldn't have seen it any other way. The Ceremony she wrote for us was so personalized and unique. My guests were wow'd by the ceremony. They said they have never heard one like this before. Traditional ceremonies can get repetitive and i hate to say it.. Boring. My guests said they didn't stop listening for a second because April drew them all in. Everyone, and I mean everyone told me they cried at some point in the ceremony. It wasn't too long or too short, it was just perfect. If your looking to have a very personalized, intimate and unique wedding ceremony, you must choose April, she is the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Tsz Yan T

My husband and I have received a lot of compliments for our wedding ceremony on 8/30/2015 simply because of April! She made it very personal by customizing how my husband and I fell in love. Her presentation was very lighthearted, romantic, humorous, flawless and our guests were... Read More enchanted by her soothing voice. She was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend her to anyone! April, thank you for your phenomenal service and delivering an exceptional and unforgettable wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Alyssa B

April recently did our wedding and it was magical! Firstly, her interest in the two of us as a couple before hand made this so personal and intimate. She really took the time to get to know us and to interject personal anecdotes throughout the ceremony. We had an interfaith... Read More wedding that we wanted to incorporate a little of both while not being too religious. she worked with it and had great ideas. My guests even complimented the ceremony about how beautiful and personal it was! We'd recommend April for any couple taking a non traditional approach. She's a joy to work with and cares so much about her work!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Meredith F

We loved having April as our officiant. She wrote a ceremony that was personal and just for us. We got SO many compliments on our ceremony. I would recommend her over and over!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

Loved what April did fir my wedding. Everything was perfect. She's the best

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Zana A

We love April!! We knew from the minute we met her, we wanted her to officiate our wedding ceremony. Her quality of service is wonderful. She really made the effort in getting to know us before hand and makes sure our vision is what she sees and performs. We loved our ceremony... Read More more than we did our reception. It was very intimate, funny, serious and loving, it was everything we were expecting and more! There was not a dry eye in the room. Our guests were blown away; we received so many great compliments on our heartfelt ceremony. April is incredibly patient and fun to work with. The entire experience from beginning to end was a breeze. She took care of filing our marriage license while we were on our honeymoon and emailed us to let us know where to pick it up. She is very efficient! When we renew our vows, April is the first person we will contact. We highly recommend April Beer to become your officiant. She was a doll to work with!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Silvia B

There are not enough kind words to describe the experience that my husband and I had by having Arpil officiate our ceremony on 12/31/14. We met with several officiants, and found that April was the perfect fit for us. She worked with us, and delivered exactly what we were... Read More looking for in our ceremony. We have received endless compliments on how touching, and personal our wedding ceremony was. April was always flexible, and available to answer any questions/concerns when anything came up. She was a gem to work with, and will continue to highly recommend her services to any future brides/grooms!!

April is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

April performed a vow renewal ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary. It was perfect --- just what my husband and I wanted. April really listened to us when we met with her and customized the ceremony to our wishes. I had seen her perform a number of wedding ceremonies... Read More before our vow renewal and was so impressed with the way that she works with her couples and the care that she shows, both before and during the big day. She pays great attention to detail, is kind, patient, extremely professional and a lot of fun! I would highly recommend April Beer to anyone looking for a special officiant for their wedding or other celebration --- she is amazing!

Start a Conversation!