April Beer, Celebrant and Modern Interfaith Minister

Northern NJ

The Rev of Luv - Creative & Memorable Ceremonies!

There are few occasions in life that are truly momentous. Your wedding is one of these special times that deserves a ceremony as unique and extraordinary as the people involved. As your Celebrant, I will make your visions and dreams about this day a reality.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony, Wedding

Northern NJ, West Orange, NJ
Northern NJ

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Melissa R

I came across a video of April performing a wedding ceremony while looking through videos from a prospective videographer. I immediately fell in love with her and knew I had to find out her contact information. From our initial phone conversation, I knew that she was exactly... Read More what I was looking for. Our first initial meeting only solidified this. April was so responsive to any questions that I had and truly took the time to get to know my fiancé and I prior to the wedding. She emphasized how our wedding ceremony would be about us as a couple and our love story, which was so important to me. On the day of my wedding, after the ceremony, I had so many people come over to me and compliment me on the ceremony. They told me it was the most beautiful ceremony that they had ever seen and LOVED that it was so focused on us. Our wedding was one month ago and I wish I would go back and relive the ceremony again. It was truly the most amazing part of the entire day. April did a fantastic job. A bonus, her husband took amazing pictures during the ceremony that she sent to me! I highly recommend her to anyone who wants a truly memorable wedding ceremony customized to the couple themselves. My husband and I couldn't be happier. I hope our paths cross one day with her again. She is a special human being.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Melissa R

April was so great and we were lucky to book her for our wedding! I'm Jewish and my husband is Catholic and we wanted to incorporate traditions from both cultures into the ceremony without making it religious. Not only was April so open to this but she had provided us with a ton... Read More of suggestions on things we can do to personalize the ceremony. We also love that she gave us homework. Not only was it a great exercise for April to learn about us as a couple and incorporate it in the ceremony, but it was a lovely way to learn how my husband and I feel about each other that we don't always share. We also appreciated that we get to edit the final draft of the ceremony and we can adjust how we like. It was incredibly personal and for a bride and groom that isn't sappy, we both felt very emotional during the ceremony. I also loved that April encouraged us to write our own vows and I'm so happy we were talked into it! Great officiant!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Kim K

April is THE BEST!!! Let me start off by saying that I was a guest at a wedding six years ago and when I first saw April perform their ceremony, I knew at that moment that when I got married, she would be doing my ceremony. I loved everything about it! It was so personal and... Read More truly fit the couple being married. Six years later - she officiated our wedding!! She is amazing! From our first meeting, I think my fiance and I connected with her and enjoyed planning the wedding. We didn't just have to talk to her, we enjoyed the conversation. But when it comes down to it, April truly makes your wedding unique, personal, and about YOU!!! It's not another cookie cutter ceremony where the officiant can get away with an "insert name here" type script. It's YOUR STORY performed your way and she is able to capture that perfectly! We wanted our ceremony to be lighthearted, romantic, and funny and that's exactly what April was able to give us. It was beautiful. During the ceremony, April told the story of how we met and fell in love as well as some other details in our relationship. We loved it and even more importantly, our guests loved it. It was a ceremony that truly meant something to everyone in the room and not just us as the bride and groom. They got to hear about us and our relationship and love for each other in a way that made the love between us really come to life. While planning the ceremony, April gave us plenty of options for how the ceremony can be performed as well as hints as to how to write our vows if we wanted to. I always thought we would never write our own vows, but after reading some of her suggestions, it was so easy. And our vows meant so much more knowing they were each written by the other. We were able to stand up and recite vows that were really meant for each other right down to the smallest detail. She even had some wonderful suggestions of how to include my now step-daughter in the ceremony to make her part more important than just the flower girl. April helps from start to finish with wedding plans and walks you through each part step by from getting the marriage license to changing your name afterward. There are truly not enough words to describe how wonderful April is at what she does. I've personally seen two other weddings, aside from my own, and each one was as unique and special as the couple being wed. If it were possible to give more than 5 stars, I would do it!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Colleen R

April did a great job at our wedding!! Everyone loved our ceremony; our guests were all saying how beautiful it was! I think it is important to have a ceremony that fits the personality of the bride and the groom, and April delivered a ceremony that was spot on. April also helps... Read More guide you through applying for your marriage license and then obtaining the certified copy of it afterwards, as well as changing your last name if you wish, which is great because it is one less thing you have to worry about figuring out yourself. We are very happy we chose April to do our ceremony; we could not have asked for a better wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amanda W

April was a pleasure to work with from the moment we met her! She is so caring and takes you through each step of the procedure. She gives you a lot of information and has you fill out a questionnaire about one another which she, in turn, incorporates into your ceremony. She... Read More sends you the entire ceremony "script" in advance so you can go through and pick and choose what you want included. My hubby and I were raised Catholic but we decided to have a "God-Lite" ceremony at our venue. April gave us exactly what we wanted and everyone came up to us after the ceremony saying that was one of the nicest ceremonies they have ever been to! April met us several times before the big day, she was always available to answer any questions and we also did a rehearsal the day before. After the ceremony, she will have your paperwork filed in the town in which you were married and she will send you an email confirming same and will provide you with the name and phone # of the office where you can pick it up. Her services were outstanding. Not only was she a great officiant, but we would like to say we made a new friend :) She is extremely friendly and very relatable. Thank you again, April!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Susan P

from Pam B.--Our family has had the pleasure of knowing April Beer as a dear friend for more than twenty years. We have been aware of her talents and accomplishments as an Officiant over the years. However, it was not until 2015 that our family was able to appreciate her... Read More professionalism and competence first hand. April was amazing in her ability to draw upon the many distinctive qualities of our family and to incorporate them into a beautiful and memorable ceremony. We were so very much impressed by the level of her preparation inasmuch as she was able to include, in some way, all of the family members in the service. April’s manner is warm and unpretentious while still maintaining the dignity and the solemnity of the occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

April is an amazing wedding officiant who is truly passionate about her work! From the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew she had to perform our ceremony! When we met April she helped us design a ceremony that incorporated our interfaith backgrounds (Jewish/Christian) in an... Read More engaging cultural way. She guided us through the entire process. From helping us write our own secret vows, to applying for our license and name change. The Ceremony she wrote for us was all about our love and journey, and it was funny, loving and touching. My guests were floored and told us they have never experienced an Interfaith ceremony such as ours. April kept everyone engaged and drew them all in with her wonderful voice and presence. People are still calling and texting me about our ceremony. My Maid of Honor just booked her as well. If your looking to have a very special, intimate and even funny wedding ceremony, you should call April, she is wonderful and a pleasure to work with!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Rachel M

April is the absolute best choice for a wedding officiant! From the moment we met her we loved her! I chose her by only reading reviews online! She was there for my husband and I the whole way. She was on us about doing our "homework" which is how she could get to know us... Read More better. And she encouraged us to write our own vows, which now, I couldn't have seen it any other way. The Ceremony she wrote for us was so personalized and unique. My guests were wow'd by the ceremony. They said they have never heard one like this before. Traditional ceremonies can get repetitive and i hate to say it.. Boring. My guests said they didn't stop listening for a second because April drew them all in. Everyone, and I mean everyone told me they cried at some point in the ceremony. It wasn't too long or too short, it was just perfect. If your looking to have a very personalized, intimate and unique wedding ceremony, you must choose April, she is the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Tsz Yan T

My husband and I have received a lot of compliments for our wedding ceremony on 8/30/2015 simply because of April! She made it very personal by customizing how my husband and I fell in love. Her presentation was very lighthearted, romantic, humorous, flawless and our guests were... Read More enchanted by her soothing voice. She was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend her to anyone! April, thank you for your phenomenal service and delivering an exceptional and unforgettable wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Alyssa B

April recently did our wedding and it was magical! Firstly, her interest in the two of us as a couple before hand made this so personal and intimate. She really took the time to get to know us and to interject personal anecdotes throughout the ceremony. We had an interfaith... Read More wedding that we wanted to incorporate a little of both while not being too religious. she worked with it and had great ideas. My guests even complimented the ceremony about how beautiful and personal it was! We'd recommend April for any couple taking a non traditional approach. She's a joy to work with and cares so much about her work!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Meredith F

We loved having April as our officiant. She wrote a ceremony that was personal and just for us. We got SO many compliments on our ceremony. I would recommend her over and over!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

Loved what April did fir my wedding. Everything was perfect. She's the best

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Zana A

We love April!! We knew from the minute we met her, we wanted her to officiate our wedding ceremony. Her quality of service is wonderful. She really made the effort in getting to know us before hand and makes sure our vision is what she sees and performs. We loved our ceremony... Read More more than we did our reception. It was very intimate, funny, serious and loving, it was everything we were expecting and more! There was not a dry eye in the room. Our guests were blown away; we received so many great compliments on our heartfelt ceremony. April is incredibly patient and fun to work with. The entire experience from beginning to end was a breeze. She took care of filing our marriage license while we were on our honeymoon and emailed us to let us know where to pick it up. She is very efficient! When we renew our vows, April is the first person we will contact. We highly recommend April Beer to become your officiant. She was a doll to work with!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Silvia B

There are not enough kind words to describe the experience that my husband and I had by having Arpil officiate our ceremony on 12/31/14. We met with several officiants, and found that April was the perfect fit for us. She worked with us, and delivered exactly what we were... Read More looking for in our ceremony. We have received endless compliments on how touching, and personal our wedding ceremony was. April was always flexible, and available to answer any questions/concerns when anything came up. She was a gem to work with, and will continue to highly recommend her services to any future brides/grooms!!

April is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

April performed a vow renewal ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary. It was perfect --- just what my husband and I wanted. April really listened to us when we met with her and customized the ceremony to our wishes. I had seen her perform a number of wedding ceremonies... Read More before our vow renewal and was so impressed with the way that she works with her couples and the care that she shows, both before and during the big day. She pays great attention to detail, is kind, patient, extremely professional and a lot of fun! I would highly recommend April Beer to anyone looking for a special officiant for their wedding or other celebration --- she is amazing!

One of the best parts of our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Elizabeth P

April was referred to us by one of my friends who had used her as their Officiant. She was the first potential Officiant we met with and after meeting her, we knew we didn't need to meet with anyone else. She was so easy to work with and guided us through every step in the... Read More creation of our ceremony. Neither of us was very religious and didn't want that to play a big role in the ceremony and so April gave us many different options that we could use instead. Her big point was that it was our ceremony and we could have it any way we wanted. When we got the final draft we were excited since it was everything we wanted, however it was a million times better when April performed it in front of all of our friends and family on our big day. She was absolutely stellar in front of the crowd and all we kept hearing after the wedding was how amazing the ceremony was! People kept saying that it was one of the best, most original, personal and loving ceremonies they had ever been to and all of that can be attributed to April. She's funny and caring and so easy to talk to and get along with. She was the absolute perfect choice for us and we would recommend her to anyone else in a heartbeat.

Amazing and Personal Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Marlena C

We absolutely loved working with April for our ceremony. We loved that our ceremony was so personal and customized to reflect our relationship. Our family and friends are still raving about our wedding ceremony!

Best NJ Officiant

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

April was really great to work with. I would suggest anyone who will be having an interfaith/non religious wedding to go with April!

My fairytale ceremony

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

April was absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was a true reflection of our love for each other. We could not have been more pleased in how beautifully April told our love story. She did an incredible job in keeping religion out of our ceremony and still making it feel sacred. She... Read More helped us figure out exactly what we wanted and then she implemented it masterfully. Thank you so much April for joining Josh and I as husband and wife. It was the most important moment of my whole life and I am so glad that I chose the perfect officiant to do it!

April is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Elizabeth C

April was very important in making our big day so special. She listened to all of our ideas and offered suggestions to make the wedding even better. Would highly recommend.

APRIL BEER ROCKED OUR CEREMONY!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

All of our 105 guests said that it was the most unique and warm wedding ceremony they have ever attended. April Beer exceeded our expectations: she is extremely involved, thrives on connection with the bride, groom, our families and guests, and made our wedding an epic and... Read More completely beautiful experience. We 100% recommend April - and her lovely husband who helped with the details! - to anyone having an event that needs officiating. She is a lovely woman and a superb officiant. Thanks again, April!!! :) Love Meg & Vince

Amazing from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

April created a fantastic wedding ceremony that combined creativity and passion with flawless execution! Guests raved about her presentation, way she incorporated our personalities and how we met into the ceremony, and made it enjoyable and entertaining. She customized our... Read More ceremony the way we wanted it instead of a cookie-cutter cut and paste presentation. She provided ideas that sparked our interests to add elegance and class to the ceremony. She took the time to understand our values and what was important to us and it showed in her performance. We couldn't have asked for anything more and wouldn't have changed a single word! She will be getting our call again soon for a baby blessing in the near future. Don't wait, pick up the phone and start dialing her number.

April Beer = Amazingness

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Dana O

I cannot say enough about April. From our very first meeting to our wedding day, she was there very step of the way. She is incredibly sweet, passionate about what she does, organized, and caring. We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding and it POURED, the wedding had to... Read More be pushed back. April cancelled her plans and stuck it out with us until it was time to say our vows. Just goes to show how committed to her couples she is. She really got to know us and wrote the most amazing ceremony for our wedding - people came up to us throughout the night saying how amazing her ceremony was. Long story short: there is just no one better than April!

April is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Anthony S

April just performed our wedding ceremony on June 1, 2014 and our guests are still talking about the lovely ceremony she created for us. From the moment we met, we felt a good vibe and great energy from her and immediately knew we had to work with her. She made sure she... Read More understood our vision, interviewed us and our friends to ensure she shared our love story in the most genuine way! She was super patient the day of as we dealt with some last minute hiccups and ensured everyone was comfortable and confident in their role. My husband and I feel as if we made a new friend and we are honored that April was the officiant at our wedding! We love April!

Beautiful ceremony

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Janie F

April was the officiant at our wedding on May 17th. When we met with April, we met for dinner and we got to tell her our story and some things about ourselves, and she told us things about herself, so we were all comfortable with each other quickly. April used our story for the... Read More ceremony and it could not have been a better ceremony. Our ceremony made a lot of grown men cry, a lot of them came to me and said they normally don't like to go to weddings but that my ceremony was beautiful. During the ceremony, April told our story of how we met and about our relationship leading up to our wedding and our guests told us they had never seen that before in a wedding, but that it was a great touch and that it was good because some of them didn't know how we met (parent's friends) and it made them feel closer to us. April makes sure the ceremony is unique and personal and when it comes down to final touches, you have the say in everything and she will change the ceremony according to what you want, which truly shows flexibility. April is very sweet and we enjoyed working with her very much. She answered all of our texts and emails promptly, which is always a good thing! She took care of filing the marriage license while we were on our honeymoon and emailed us to let us know where to pick it up, it was ready the day after we got back. I think having April as our officiant was worth every cent and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. Thank you April!