April Beer, Celebrant and Modern Interfaith Minister

(42)

West Orange, NJ

The Rev of Luv - Creative & Memorable Ceremonies!

There are few occasions in life that are truly momentous. Your wedding is one of these special times that deserves a ceremony as unique and extraordinary as the people involved. As your Celebrant, I will make your visions and dreams about this day a reality.

Denomination

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Civil Marriage, Commitment Ceremonies, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim, New Age, Non-Denominational/Secular

Northern NJ, West Orange, NJ

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015 Silvia B

There are not enough kind words to describe the experience that my husband and I had by having Arpil officiate our ceremony on 12/31/14. We met with several officiants, and found that April was the perfect fit for us. She worked with us, and delivered exactly what we were looking for in our ceremony. We have received endless compliments on how touching, and personal our wedding ceremony was. April was always flexible, and available to answer any questions/concerns when anything came up. She was a gem to work with, and will continue to highly recommend her services to any future brides/grooms!!

APRIL BEER ROCKED OUR CEREMONY!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

All of our 105 guests said that it was the most unique and warm wedding ceremony they have ever attended. April Beer exceeded our expectations: she is extremely involved, thrives on connection with the bride, groom, our families and guests, and made our wedding an epic and completely beautiful experience. We 100% recommend April - and her lovely husband who helped with the details! - to anyone having an event that needs officiating. She is a lovely woman and a superb officiant. Thanks again, April!!! :) Love Meg & Vince

Amazing from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

April created a fantastic wedding ceremony that combined creativity and passion with flawless execution! Guests raved about her presentation, way she incorporated our personalities and how we met into the ceremony, and made it enjoyable and entertaining. She customized our ceremony the way we wanted it instead of a cookie-cutter cut and paste presentation. She provided ideas that sparked our interests to add elegance and class to the ceremony. She took the time to understand our values and what was important to us and it showed in her performance. We couldn't have asked for anything more and wouldn't have changed a single word! She will be getting our call again soon for a baby blessing in the near future. Don't wait, pick up the phone and start dialing her number.

April is Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

April performed a vow renewal ceremony for our 25th wedding anniversary. It was perfect --- just what my husband and I wanted. April really listened to us when we met with her and customized the ceremony to our wishes. I had seen her perform a number of wedding ceremonies before our vow renewal and was so impressed with the way that she works with her couples and the care that she shows, both before and during the big day. She pays great attention to detail, is kind, patient, extremely professional and a lot of fun! I would highly recommend April Beer to anyone looking for a special officiant for their wedding or other celebration --- she is amazing!

One of the best parts of our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Elizabeth P

April was referred to us by one of my friends who had used her as their Officiant. She was the first potential Officiant we met with and after meeting her, we knew we didn't need to meet with anyone else. She was so easy to work with and guided us through every step in the creation of our ceremony. Neither of us was very religious and didn't want that to play a big role in the ceremony and so April gave us many different options that we could use instead. Her big point was that it was our ceremony and we could have it any way we wanted. When we got the final draft we were excited since it was everything we wanted, however it was a million times better when April performed it in front of all of our friends and family on our big day. She was absolutely stellar in front of the crowd and all we kept hearing after the wedding was how amazing the ceremony was! People kept saying that it was one of the best, most original, personal and loving ceremonies they had ever been to and all of that can be attributed to April. She's funny and caring and so easy to talk to and get along with. She was the absolute perfect choice for us and we would recommend her to anyone else in a heartbeat.

Amazing and Personal Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Marlena C

We absolutely loved working with April for our ceremony. We loved that our ceremony was so personal and customized to reflect our relationship. Our family and friends are still raving about our wedding ceremony!

Best NJ Officiant

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

April was really great to work with. I would suggest anyone who will be having an interfaith/non religious wedding to go with April!

My fairytale ceremony

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

April was absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was a true reflection of our love for each other. We could not have been more pleased in how beautifully April told our love story. She did an incredible job in keeping religion out of our ceremony and still making it feel sacred. She helped us figure out exactly what we wanted and then she implemented it masterfully. Thank you so much April for joining Josh and I as husband and wife. It was the most important moment of my whole life and I am so glad that I chose the perfect officiant to do it!

April is awesome!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Elizabeth C

April was very important in making our big day so special. She listened to all of our ideas and offered suggestions to make the wedding even better. Would highly recommend.

April Beer = Amazingness

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Dana O

I cannot say enough about April. From our very first meeting to our wedding day, she was there very step of the way. She is incredibly sweet, passionate about what she does, organized, and caring. We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding and it POURED, the wedding had to be pushed back. April cancelled her plans and stuck it out with us until it was time to say our vows. Just goes to show how committed to her couples she is. She really got to know us and wrote the most amazing ceremony for our wedding - people came up to us throughout the night saying how amazing her ceremony was. Long story short: there is just no one better than April!

April is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Anthony S

April just performed our wedding ceremony on June 1, 2014 and our guests are still talking about the lovely ceremony she created for us. From the moment we met, we felt a good vibe and great energy from her and immediately knew we had to work with her. She made sure she understood our vision, interviewed us and our friends to ensure she shared our love story in the most genuine way! She was super patient the day of as we dealt with some last minute hiccups and ensured everyone was comfortable and confident in their role. My husband and I feel as if we made a new friend and we are honored that April was the officiant at our wedding! We love April!

Beautiful ceremony

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Janie F

April was the officiant at our wedding on May 17th. When we met with April, we met for dinner and we got to tell her our story and some things about ourselves, and she told us things about herself, so we were all comfortable with each other quickly. April used our story for the ceremony and it could not have been a better ceremony. Our ceremony made a lot of grown men cry, a lot of them came to me and said they normally don't like to go to weddings but that my ceremony was beautiful. During the ceremony, April told our story of how we met and about our relationship leading up to our wedding and our guests told us they had never seen that before in a wedding, but that it was a great touch and that it was good because some of them didn't know how we met (parent's friends) and it made them feel closer to us. April makes sure the ceremony is unique and personal and when it comes down to final touches, you have the say in everything and she will change the ceremony according to what you want, which truly shows flexibility. April is very sweet and we enjoyed working with her very much. She answered all of our texts and emails promptly, which is always a good thing! She took care of filing the marriage license while we were on our honeymoon and emailed us to let us know where to pick it up, it was ready the day after we got back. I think having April as our officiant was worth every cent and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. Thank you April!

Everyone Raved!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Melissa F

Aside from the amazing views at Liberty House, the number one thing people commented on after the ceremony was how great April was! So many of my guests told me that she was amazing. She used personal stories and things we had said about each other to make the ceremony so us. We weren't sure prior to the wedding but we had been given a script prior to the event and really had final say over everything she said. It made us feel so comfortable since we wanted to keep religious tones to a minimum. I have already given her information out to people and have been married for 48hours! I definitely recommend.

Happy Mom

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

April helped my daughter and fiancé create a personal wedding ceremony that eloquently expressed their deep feelings and commitment for each other. It was an amazing, intensely moving experience. Thank you!

Amazing Celebrant, Amazing Ceremony

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Chris S

My wife and I first met with April a year before our wedding. From the first few minutes of talking with her, we instantly knew that she was the perfect choice for our celebrant. She really took the time and effort to get to know us and our story. Come wedding day, the ceremony that April crafted turned out amazing. She really made it personal, with laughs, tears and overall joy. The length of the ceremony was perfect, not too long, not too short. Following the ceremony, our guests kept commenting on how beautiful our ceremony was. April kept our guests engaged, and everything flowed perfectly. We would definitely recommend April for any wedding couple that wants that special touch for their ceremony.

Our Wedding Day/April Beer Celebrant

Reviewed on 8/21/2013

Our wedding took place on April 13, 2013. I apologize for the delay in writing a review on April Beer, the wonderful celebrant who married us. I wanted to get to this sooner, but I figured better late than never. I wanted to recognize the most heartfelt, memorable, loving ceremony April provided for my husband and I. She was extremely efficeint in contacting us back at all times, prior to our "big day". She was great with sending us emails throughout the process of what was needed to be completed. Anytime I had a question, I could send her a quick email, and within no time I had a response. My husband and I submitted our "homework"/separate questionnaires, and April composed our beautiful ceremony for us as well as our family and friends. April is such a warm, loving and caring woman who you can truly tell LOVES HER JOB!!!! She is a very special and unique individual, who we hope to see again in the near future when we add to our family and she can do another special ceremony (baby naming). My husband and I would both HIGHLY recommend April to all of our friends and family or anyone who is planning their wedding. She came highly recommended to us by my sister and brother-in-law as well as a number of friends. Now we are happy to be the one recommending her. Thank you April for everything. Our ceremony was so special and truly was perfect. Love, Brian and Laurie

Perfect

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Lauren J

April was so perfect for our ceremony. My husband and I were looking for something special to integrate our two religions and cultures. I am jewish and my husband is catholic. However, both of us are not religious people but still wanted some elements our traditions in the ceremony. April took the time to get to know us and made our ceremony super special. My husband and I got so many compliments about the ceremony and how it was the best ceremony they had seen and that April was fantastic. What I loved most is she really took the time out of her schedule to really get to know us as individuals and a couple. April took the time to listen and really heard our concerns and wants. Definitely recommend especially if you are looking for a personal touch.

Unique Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 8/06/2013

April Beer officiated our lovely outdoor wedding ceremony in June of this year. She did a great job of creating a very special and personal ceremony which told "our story" without making it too sentimental, and adding a bit of humor as well. She really made an effort to get to know us in the months leading up to our wedding day and we were thrilled that our ceremony was filled with unique details about our lives. We couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out and we thank April for putting it all together for us.

If you want tons of compliments......

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Lori K

The moment I met April, I knew she was the perfect person to officiate my ceremony. I was looking for someone unique, but also had a sense of tradition. She made our ceremony personal, lighthearted, and beautiful, which was everything we asked for. She will work with you to make your ceremony everything you want, and if you don't know what you want, she will guide you as well. Everyone at my wedding told me how awesome they thought our ceremony was, which meant a lot to me because it was our story. April was patient (we had some drama!), warm, articulate, we could not have asked for more!

Amazing and sincere!

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 Jesse C

April went above and beyond any expectation we had for our ceremony! Her attention to detail in our lives showed in her delivery. We spent most of the reception receiving compliments as to how it was the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony they have ever witnessed. She made the night so special for us!

amazing!

Reviewed on 12/01/2011 Rachel N

April made us feel so comfortable from the first time we met. She helped guide and suggest to us along the way in order to create a very personal and memorable ceremony. April expressed our story in a way that made us and our guests cry and laugh the whole way through. Our guests commented on how unique our ceremony was. It was such a pleasure to have April officiate our wedding.

The best ceremony ever!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Valerie N

The clicking of the camera's, the sniffling of the guest and April's voice are what I remember most about out ceremony. Everyone complimented and raved about how personal and touching the ceremony was. It exactly what April had promised us. From our first meeting she said that her goal was to create a personal and speacial experience just for us. Her goal was to make the ceremony about us and to speak to the hearts of our guest. We were happy no to have a generic experience and adored the ability to include our children and family in the ceremony itself. April was very accomodating leading up to our day. She was always on time and catered to us throughout...

Not Worth the Money

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Melissa S

My fiance and I were interested in hiring April since we wanted a non-denominational officiant to marry us. I have to say that I was a bit turned off by her first impression. She meets clients at a local cafe, but I did not expect her to eat while with us. In my opinion it was very unprofessional...and gross! I rationalized that some people have their own little "quirks" and that this wouldn’t affect the wedding, so we signed with her. She seemed pleasant and accommodating. We liked that we could customize our ceremony and that she could assist us in writing our vows. She also stated that her husband joins her at EVERY wedding to take photos and that she would give us copies (he never came). A month before the wedding we received the rough draft of our wedding ceremony script. I was quite disappointed with it and basically revised the entire thing. Also, very close to our wedding date I told her twice that I was worried that I still hadn’t begun my vows, but she was of no help. But at our rehearsal my fiance and I were incredibly surprised by the attitude that April had with one of our family members. My fiance’s sister merely asked if anyone should fix my gown at any particular time in the ceremony. And to our dismay April's response was very cocky, VERY uncalled for. She snapped that she didn't get that far yet, and had the gall to say, "I've done a few of these before. I know what I’m doing.”, all with a sarcastic smile! I let it go because I wasn't about to get into a quarrel on the eve of our wedding. To our disappointment much more of April's poor demeanor came out at our wedding, but we only learned about it afterwards. The weather was quite poor on our wedding day and we had an outdoor ceremony planned, which nearly took place inside. Thank god for our beloved DJ, Danny C., who tracked the status of the weather on his phone like a fiend. Although our ceremony had recently been set up inside Danny told us that we now had a chance to quickly move it outside. Our DJ NEVER gave up hope and always kept our wants in his heart. He instructed the groomsmen to dry the chairs, he broke down all his music equipment and reassembled it outside, and he even passed out the programs! We were later told that April rolled her eyes in annoyance when she heard that the ceremony was moving outside, she complained that she doesn’t do outdoor ceremonies in the rain (obviously!), and that once it is started outside she would have to finish it outside regardless. She went on another power trip and barked that this was her job, in which our DJ replied that he will do ANYTHING to give the bride and groom what they want! Because of the TREMENDOUS efforts of our DJ and of our friends and family, our ceremony was SUCCESSFULLY outside! It just goes to show that some vendors really do value their customers…and some clearly do not and perhaps just see them as a paycheck. We even encountered further problems after the wedding when April e-mailed us the address to the wrong municipal building to pick up our marriage license, and then once we arrived at the correct location we found out that she had written the wrong wedding date to be processed on our license! Then the town had to resubmit the marriage license back to the state to be corrected. April sent an e-mail apologizing for both mistakes (in July), saying “This is not how I conduct business and to make up for all the aggravation I am sending back the tip I received, next week.” We have yet to see that tip.

Just amazing!

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Lauren D

We were so ecstatic to work with April. Through the whole process of writing our ceremony, our vows, and ultimately the wedding, she was there to help us with any questions and provide feedback. She was also extra dedicated to making sure she highlighted the little details that are so special to us. Our family and friends were so taken with the ceremony they talked about it for days after. April really knows how to make your day so special by making you the stars. A truly wonderful experience! We now have a 3 month old and April will be doing our baby naming ceremony as well, and we could not be happier to have her officiate another wonderful family event!

April Beer is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Stephanie S

April was an amazing celebrant. When my husband and I went to meet her for the first time we instantly felt as though we had known her our entire lives. She is sweet and caring, and willing to listen to every question and concern you might have. We were a bit nervous about our wedding ceremony since we came from two very different religions and wanted to stay away from a religious ceremony completely to keep everyone happy. She was so understanding and extremely helpful. She gave us ideas on how to incorporate our different family backgrounds into a wedding that was exactly "US". Not only was she a great celebrant, but she was a great friend and counselor. She walked me through everything and calmed my fears about the wedding day chaos. She took the time to get to know both of us and find out what our relationship was about and what we really wanted our wedding ceremony to look like. One the day of the wedding she was the commander and she made sure everyone was ready and knew what was expected of them. I loved her for taking the lead and organizing everyone since we were all over the place. The wedding was amazing. We laughed, cried, and loved. Our guests loved the unique and sweet way she was able to capture our long time relationship. Because of her we were able to give our guests a glimpse at our 9 year walk to aisle. At the end of the day it wasn't just a typical wedding ceremony. It was ours and ours alone. People loved how intimate and loving the ceremony was. April really cares for each and everyone of her couples. She mothers you through the process. I can honestly say that when you are up in front of everyone on wedding day and nervous she is a great person to have in front of you. I love her for making our wedding day everything I dreamed it could be and more!

TO April Beer, Celebrant and Modern Interfaith Minister