April Beer, Celebrant and Modern Interfaith Minister

Northern NJ

The Rev of Luv - Creative & Memorable Ceremonies!

There are few occasions in life that are truly momentous. Your wedding is one of these special times that deserves a ceremony as unique and extraordinary as the people involved. As your Celebrant, I will make your visions and dreams about this day a reality.

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

Northern NJ, West Orange, NJ Northern NJ (973) 865-3740

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Eva N

April is the best! My husband Anthony and I couldn't be happier with the ceremony she performed for us on Aug 12th 2017 at the Brownstone in NJ. I initially spoke to April over the phone for a long while and after that I knew she was the one ;) ! She has great energy and truly... Read More loves what she does. April made us both feel so comfortable throughout the whole process and she is a wonderful speaker and writer. She really cares about her couples, is detail oriented and very responsive and reliable. She makes sure that the finished ceremony is exactly what you want. Our custom ceremony was perfect for us and we received a lot of compliments on it from family and guests. We didn't want a standard cookie cutter ceremony, we wanted something personal, sweet and also fun and she definitely delivered. Hire April, you will be so glad you did!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Kevin T

April Beer officiated our wedding on 9/9/2017, and we could not have asked for a better ceremony. She struck a perfect balance of humor and romanticism. Tons of our guests told us that the ceremony was one of the most (if not THE most) beautiful and romantic ceremonies they had... Read More ever seen. The ceremony was very personalized, which we really appreciated over the cookie-cutter scripts we had seen from some other officiants who we spoke with before deciding on April. In retrospect, we would not have changed a single thing about the ceremony. I highly recommend booking her as your officiant. She is fantastic and she will make your ceremony beautiful and memorable.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Ashley P

April was the officiant for our wedding earlier this month. When we started our search for an officiant, we weren't really sure what to expect. We were looking for someone who would create a ceremony that would be true to who we are are individually and as a couple, but who... Read More would also make our families happy. April did this and so much more. It's very rare that people compliment a ceremony as part of your wedding, but we had so many people tell us how heartfelt and sincere our ceremony was. April did an amazing job telling the story of our relationship and we are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Veronica V

April Beer performed our 8/31/17 ceremony and the amount of compliments me recieved were wonderful. April really takes the time to personalize the ceremony to ensure it is a reflection of the couple. She guides you the whole way, so there is no need to stress. April, thank you... Read More again for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Michele G

Could not have been happier with April and our experience. She took the time to get to know us as a couple and really made sure to make our ceremony a story about us. It was very personal and truly told the story of "us". We received a ton of complements from our guests after... Read More the ceremony and would highly recommend April to friends and family. If you are looking for a ceremony that is very personal and tells the story of you as a couple, definitely go with April. 5 stars and more.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Lisa S

Look NO further!! I attended a wedding that April officiated many years ago, and when it was my turn to say I do, I knew exactly who I wanted. From our first meeting to our wedding day April was great! She was always available, accomodating with last minute changes, and really... Read More helped us with the entire process. I can't thank her enough! Her attention to detail and the time she took to learn about us as a couple really made for a beautiful unique ceremony. Everyone was commenting about how much they enjoyed it! So again look NO further and say "I DO" to April Beer!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Melissa K

April Beer was absolutely perfect for our special day. She made our ceremony from scratch and truly made it all about us. Her ceremonies tell a story instead of being the same old boring routine that everyone else does. She met with us numerous times and truly got to know us as... Read More individuals and as a couple. She was able to work with my husbands unfiltered sense of humor and turn it into something absolutely beautiful. Guests at our wedding still discuss our wedding ceremony and how truly incredible and special it was! Hands down, you should pick April as your officiant. She truly is the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Meredith E

I knew of April Beer because she married my sister and brother-in-law 5 years ago. As soon as I got engaged, I reached out to April to ensure that we chose a wedding date to accommodate her availability. She did such an amazing job customizing a perfect ceremony, and I wanted... Read More the same for our wedding! We were married on 8/11/2017, and once again April did such an incredible job! Our ceremony was very different than my sister's because it was perfectly customized for the two of us. She is an amazing writer and told our love story beautifully. All of our guests were laughing and crying throughout our ceremony and we are constantly hearing about how much they all enjoyed it. Thank you April!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 amber f

Our goal for our wedding was to have a ceramony that was a relection of our life together. When we spoke with April over the phone we knew in an instant that she was a perfect fit for us. April was able to help us create a ceramony that was light hearted yet sentimental. We had... Read More some unconventional ideas & she was flexible with incorporating them into the ceremony. We made people laugh & cry and April had such an amazing way of delivering our story that it felt like she was our long lost aunt. We highly recommend her for your wedding ceremony you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Joseph O

April Beer did such an amazing job for our wedding and couldn't imagine anyone doing a better job than her. She is very personable and really tries to get to you know throughout the process. She made the process painless and really accommodated our crazy work schedules. She... Read More helped us in every way possible and even shared information with us that we wouldn't have even thought about. Everyone in attendance loved her and she even helped to take charge when the person from the venue had a differing opinion.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle D

Over the past 6 years I am honored to say that April has become part of our family. In 2010, she preformed our interfaith wedding ceremony. In 2013, when or son was born she came to our home and created a beautiful and warm baby welcoming ceremony. It was without question that... Read More when our daughter was Born in February that she would come back. She is warm, approachable, easy to work with, calm, and FUN! The interfaith "stuff" can be daunting but she made it easy and well to work with. April also knows how to include everyone and personalize each and every ceremony. She works hard and is very good at what she does. She gives guidance throughout the planning and is very helpful. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Amanda H

My husband and I got married just last week and had the incredible pleasure of having April officiate our ceremony. When we say she hit it out of the park, we are by NO MEANS EXAGGERATING! From the start, she really took the time to get to know us, our story, and how we wanted... Read More our ceremony to flow. She sat down with us several times to go over every detail, from how we wanted our story to be told, to the make up of our wedding party, to suggestions for ceremony add-ons and even sample vows (we decided to write our own). What's more, she gave us full license as to the exact content of our ceremony, so we knew well ahead of time how it was going to go. Having been to about a trillion weddings, we know that sometimes the bride and groom are surprised by what's said during their ceremony; April's approach put our minds at ease. She is warm, funny, and a delight to work with, you would be lucky to have her officiate your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kristen M

From the beginning April always exceeded our expectations. When we went to our no obligations meeting with her I knew right away I wanted her officiating my ceremony. She has a beautiful speaking voice and a very calming and positive presence. While writing our ceremony she... Read More really went out of her way to get to know us and make our ceremony personal. She was also always available for questions. Cut to the day of ( well the day before ) she was so helpful with the rehearsal and let everyone know exactly what they will be doing. The day of - not many weddings do people say the ceremony was the best part but i think mine was. I received so many compliments on mine ! It was personal without being cheesy. It even included some humor which I love. Also importantly she really takes all the stress out of getting your marriage license and even gives you a step by step instructions on how to change your last name if you choose to. My wedding would not have been the same without April that's for sure !!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Katie F

Once I talked to April on the phone, I knew she would be our officiant. Or our "Rev of Love"! She totally put me at ease from the first phone call and just made me feel comfortable, which was such an important factor since, no pressure, she'd be the one marrying us! From the... Read More first phone call to the face-to-face meetings to the email communication, April was a joy to work with. It wasn't really work after all. In essence, April was the narrator of our marriage and wrote a beautiful love story that fit us so well. She writes the story based on your story and you have the ability to add, edit or change anything you'd like. Since we didn't write our own vows, she gave us so many examples and options of vows that worked beautifully. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. We love you April!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Emily S

We were so fortunate to have April as the Celebrant for our wedding. April was incredibly thoughtful and thorough about the content of our ceremony. She was really about to capture the spirit of our relationship - this was done by being genuinely interested in learning about... Read More us and making sure all of the details were correct. She takes no liberties on her wording and always checked for our approval. As a couple who was somewhat unsure of what elements we wanted to have in our ceremony, we could not have been more thrilled that April was fully prepared with ideas and suggestions and explained her interpretation of the meaning of each piece. She really helped us craft the perfect ceremony; spirited, warm and loving. April was also able to walk us through the administrative pieces of getting the license, certificate, etc. Highly highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Lisa H

April was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Maria S

April has a natural talent for her role as an Officiant and The Rev of Luv. I recently attended one of her ceremonies and was taken by her presence, her soothing and emoting voice, and the beautiful story she created for the Bride & Groom. The ceremony was warm, intimate and in... Read More some parts very funny. It was very much like the couple. April was gracious and it's apparent she loves what she does! It was definitely the best wedding I've ever attended. If you work with April, you will experience a wonderful and memorable time! It was a great way to start off the couple's celebration!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kristen M

April did such a wonderful job with our ceremony! She listened to us and created a ceremony that was exactly what we wanted - personal, upbeat, full of love, and not too long! She told our story, and even reached out to our friends and family for their thoughts on my husband... Read More and me as a couple to include. We received tons of compliments from our guests on how beautiful the ceremony was and how much it felt like "us". Thank you April!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Colleen R

April did a great job at our wedding!! Everyone loved our ceremony; our guests were all saying how beautiful it was! I think it is important to have a ceremony that fits the personality of the bride and the groom, and April delivered a ceremony that was spot on. April also helps... Read More guide you through applying for your marriage license and then obtaining the certified copy of it afterwards, as well as changing your last name if you wish, which is great because it is one less thing you have to worry about figuring out yourself. We are very happy we chose April to do our ceremony; we could not have asked for a better wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amanda W

April was a pleasure to work with from the moment we met her! She is so caring and takes you through each step of the procedure. She gives you a lot of information and has you fill out a questionnaire about one another which she, in turn, incorporates into your ceremony. She... Read More sends you the entire ceremony "script" in advance so you can go through and pick and choose what you want included. My hubby and I were raised Catholic but we decided to have a "God-Lite" ceremony at our venue. April gave us exactly what we wanted and everyone came up to us after the ceremony saying that was one of the nicest ceremonies they have ever been to! April met us several times before the big day, she was always available to answer any questions and we also did a rehearsal the day before. After the ceremony, she will have your paperwork filed in the town in which you were married and she will send you an email confirming same and will provide you with the name and phone # of the office where you can pick it up. Her services were outstanding. Not only was she a great officiant, but we would like to say we made a new friend :) She is extremely friendly and very relatable. Thank you again, April!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Melissa R

April was so great and we were lucky to book her for our wedding! I'm Jewish and my husband is Catholic and we wanted to incorporate traditions from both cultures into the ceremony without making it religious. Not only was April so open to this but she had provided us with a ton... Read More of suggestions on things we can do to personalize the ceremony. We also love that she gave us homework. Not only was it a great exercise for April to learn about us as a couple and incorporate it in the ceremony, but it was a lovely way to learn how my husband and I feel about each other that we don't always share. We also appreciated that we get to edit the final draft of the ceremony and we can adjust how we like. It was incredibly personal and for a bride and groom that isn't sappy, we both felt very emotional during the ceremony. I also loved that April encouraged us to write our own vows and I'm so happy we were talked into it! Great officiant!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Melissa R

I came across a video of April performing a wedding ceremony while looking through videos from a prospective videographer. I immediately fell in love with her and knew I had to find out her contact information. From our initial phone conversation, I knew that she was exactly... Read More what I was looking for. Our first initial meeting only solidified this. April was so responsive to any questions that I had and truly took the time to get to know my fiancé and I prior to the wedding. She emphasized how our wedding ceremony would be about us as a couple and our love story, which was so important to me. On the day of my wedding, after the ceremony, I had so many people come over to me and compliment me on the ceremony. They told me it was the most beautiful ceremony that they had ever seen and LOVED that it was so focused on us. Our wedding was one month ago and I wish I would go back and relive the ceremony again. It was truly the most amazing part of the entire day. April did a fantastic job. A bonus, her husband took amazing pictures during the ceremony that she sent to me! I highly recommend her to anyone who wants a truly memorable wedding ceremony customized to the couple themselves. My husband and I couldn't be happier. I hope our paths cross one day with her again. She is a special human being.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Susan P

from Pam B.--Our family has had the pleasure of knowing April Beer as a dear friend for more than twenty years. We have been aware of her talents and accomplishments as an Officiant over the years. However, it was not until 2015 that our family was able to appreciate her... Read More professionalism and competence first hand. April was amazing in her ability to draw upon the many distinctive qualities of our family and to incorporate them into a beautiful and memorable ceremony. We were so very much impressed by the level of her preparation inasmuch as she was able to include, in some way, all of the family members in the service. April’s manner is warm and unpretentious while still maintaining the dignity and the solemnity of the occasion.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

April is an amazing wedding officiant who is truly passionate about her work! From the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew she had to perform our ceremony! When we met April she helped us design a ceremony that incorporated our interfaith backgrounds (Jewish/Christian) in an... Read More engaging cultural way. She guided us through the entire process. From helping us write our own secret vows, to applying for our license and name change. The Ceremony she wrote for us was all about our love and journey, and it was funny, loving and touching. My guests were floored and told us they have never experienced an Interfaith ceremony such as ours. April kept everyone engaged and drew them all in with her wonderful voice and presence. People are still calling and texting me about our ceremony. My Maid of Honor just booked her as well. If your looking to have a very special, intimate and even funny wedding ceremony, you should call April, she is wonderful and a pleasure to work with!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Rachel M

April is the absolute best choice for a wedding officiant! From the moment we met her we loved her! I chose her by only reading reviews online! She was there for my husband and I the whole way. She was on us about doing our "homework" which is how she could get to know us... Read More better. And she encouraged us to write our own vows, which now, I couldn't have seen it any other way. The Ceremony she wrote for us was so personalized and unique. My guests were wow'd by the ceremony. They said they have never heard one like this before. Traditional ceremonies can get repetitive and i hate to say it.. Boring. My guests said they didn't stop listening for a second because April drew them all in. Everyone, and I mean everyone told me they cried at some point in the ceremony. It wasn't too long or too short, it was just perfect. If your looking to have a very personalized, intimate and unique wedding ceremony, you must choose April, she is the best!!!!!