Bend The Light Photography

(54)

San Antonio, TX

Photography in a new light

Our goal is to capture the story of your wedding day... from your “something borrowed” to your first kiss. The toasts, the tears, the farewell. With our always-ready, unobtrusive, laid back but professional style, we will capture your day as it unfolds so that you will never... ever... forget. :)

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Other Styles

Trash the Dress

Bow2010

Nailed It! ;)

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 wynne m

There are so many things that I can rave about when it comes to the amazing ladies at Bend the Light. Not only do they take the most miraculous pictures, they make the people in the photos look so effortless and natural (like they have been modeling for years-nothing looks posed or awkward and trust me, I'm awkward in photos)! Since day one of booking them to shoot our wedding and engagement photos, they have been so accommodating and resourceful. I work in the wedding industry as well so I ended coordinating my entire wedding on my own. Kaylinn was so awesome about setting aside time to email or have a phone call with me as many times as I needed leading up to the wedding and helped me plan out my entire wedding timeline for the whole day (even the things that did not include photography). If you have done your research on Bend the Light then you know that they virtually booked every single weekend for weddings in 2013 shortly after the new year. It says a lot that even though they are so busy, they go the extra mile to make sure all of their clients are well taken care of. When it came to the big day, Jenn and Sada were my saviors. They did everything to make sure that the groom and I didn't see each other before the ceremony. They literally covered every aspect of the wedding that I wanted captured and more. Not to mention, they made me feel so beautiful and confident and I think it really showed through in our photos. They also became my psuedo wedding coordinators for the day by keeping me on my timeline. They did not have to do any of that, so it just shows again how much they all care about their clients. One last comment that I have heard from all of my family and friends is how shocked they are at how quickly Bend the Light posted our wedding photos. It is pretty awesome to be able to view some of your beautiful photos while still on your honeymoon. :) There is so much more that I can say about Bend the Light, but this post would turn into a novel. I will continue to use them for anything and everything from now on. I highly suggest that you do as well. You will be thrilled. :)

Bend the Light is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Patricia P

Bend the Light was absolutely amazing with the photography for our wedding and engagement photos! They were such fun to work with and delivered a great product at the end. They were always prompt with helping us meet deadlines, VERY quick to email us back with answers to all our questions and great with explaining our options and helping us think through all the details. They definitely know what they are doing, and they do it well! They were worth every penny that we paid them and we would recommend to ANYONE.

Best. Photographers. Ever.

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Larissa S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the ladies at Bend the Light. They are truly the nicest, most talented and most professional photographers I have ever met. My husband (then finance) is in the Air Force and stationed outside of Texas so we were always having to plan around his schedule. Bend the Light was extremely accommodating and shot our engagement photos, my bridal session and our wedding. From day one, the ladies at Bend the Light made our entire wedding photography process seamless. I really relied on Jenn to help us with locations, poses and wardrobe--and her advice was always perfect. When it came to the wedding day, Jenn and Sada were absolutely amazing at coordinating our "getting ready" pictures, our first look pictures, and the numerous pictures we have of our huge wedding party. They knew exactly what we wanted and we absolutely loved every one of the pictures they took. What I love most about Bend the Light is that they were always so helpful and so accommodating with our schedules. Anytime I e-mailed them, they were extremely responsive and helped me out with any questions I had. Also, all of my friends and family were absolutely stunned at how all of the pictures turned out. I could not be more pleased, excited and thrilled with the way our wedding photos turned out. I still can’t stop looking at them. Hands down Bend the Light is the best in the business!! I highly recommend you use them. You will not be disappointed!

Simply AMAZING

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Gretchen J

We love Bend the Light and highly recommend them, they are simply amazing! Their quality of work is top notch and beautiful, plus they are fun to work with :) Words cannot express how much we love ALL of our pictures!!

The Best in San Antonio

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Ellen L

Bend the Light was amazing on our special day. They were so helpful and made the picture taking process so incredible easy and fun. The girls are very sweet and easy to work with. I have received my pictures and they are better then I even imagined. This photography company is worth every dollar and I will be using them again for special occasions. Love Love Love Bend the Light!!

Very Happy Customer

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

The service and professionalism that my wife and I received from Kaylinne, Jenn and Kirsten at Bend the Light is second to none. Bend the Light was the photographer for our engagement photos as well as wedding day and we couldn't be happier with the quality of photos that we received. The guest sign in book that they made from our engagement photos was absolutely beautiful. The weather was overcast and rainy on the day of our wedding, so the lighting was not ideal, but you cannot tell from the photos. Bend the Light was very proactive about staying on task and meeting deadlines and they worked closely with other vendors to help create a timeline that worked for everyone. Entrusting someone to take photos that you will cherish the rest of your life is not an easy thing to do, but if you are considering Bend the Light for this, do not think anymore. You will not be disappointed.

Professional and Precious Photos!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014

From the moment I chose Bend the Light for my destination, wedding their professionalism and thoroughness confirmed I made the right decision. They were so organized and actually help guide me to make sound decisions about the wedding day plan. On the day of the wedding, it rained. The photographers did not skip a beat and found an outdoor dry location that could not have been more perfect. When I received the photos two shirt weeks later, I was shocked at how brilliant the colors were and how they were able to capture the joy of the occasion. Of all of the decisions I made on the wedding plans, they are my favorite decision.

Love, love, loved our photos!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Star L

It was so easy to work with Bend the Light from the start. We got our engagement photos done for our save the date magnets. They were fabulous! Then I got my bridal portraits, and everyone absolutely loved them!! Then on our wedding day, we did a first look outdoors before the ceremony, which was the best idea. We had never heard of it before, but my husband and I really appreciated the opportunity for us to have photos by the river and have the time taken to take photos of just us before the craziness of the reception. People have commented that they were jealous that we had the time to take them, but Bend the Light was just able to get some great shots in a short amount of time before the ceremony. It was such a joy knowing that I was going to marry the love of my life, and they were able to capture that feeling in our photos. And by the time we got to reception, we didn't even notice the photographers, but they were obviously there because we got to see some very genuine moments of our friends and family having a great time. When I first got engaged, the piece of advice I was told over and over again was to hire a great photographer. We believe we got the best, and we can't wait to have them take our first anniversary, maternity, and family photos in the future!

Bend The Light Photography

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Cassie P

So thankful we chose Bend The Light to take our engagement pictures! Not only were they flexible and accommodating to where we wanted our pictures to be taken, they made our photo shoot fun and natural!! We loved all of our pictures and look forward to working with Bend The Light in the future!

LOVED Bend the Light

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Kelly J

I used Bend the Light for my wedding on June 14th. The pictures were beautiful! I loved the lighting in the pictures and feel like we have so many good ones to choose from. I used Bend the Light for my bridal portraits and for my wedding day photos and both photographers were so fun to work with! I would recommend Bend the Light! Awesome job!

A Must-Have Photographer for SA Weddings!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Rees D

Bend the Light is an awesome company. Not only do their photographers take gorgeous photos, their customer service is simply excellent. It was so refreshing work with them among some other less-efficient wedding vendors. Jenn, the primary photographer, is so passionate about what she does and will do just about anything to get you the most perfect photos of your big day. They are on time, easy to work with, and just plain fun to have as part of your wedding! They have such an eye for detail and come fully prepared to get you memory snapshots of your day. They did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits and wedding photos and I've received about a million compliments from friends and family. I've referred them to several other brides who decided to use them for their weddings. They are truly the best!

Love them!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Karen C

Kaylinn, Jenn, and Sada are awesome! They are so nice and friendly, responsive, and easy to work with. They were very helpful throughout the entire wedding process. Anytime I had a question or concern I would email Kaylinn and she would always respond quickly. Jenn took our engagement photos, and Jenn and Sada took our wedding photos. They made us laugh a lot and are so fun! They even went above and beyond and helped us with a few things on our wedding day! And we love our engagement and wedding photos! I love their style of photography and how creative and fun they are. They are great people and take amazing photos. I highly recommend them and will definitely be coming back to them for future photos.

Bend the Light

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Mandy M

I am happy I chose Bend the Light for my photographer for my wedding. These girls made us feel relaxed and eased when were taking engagement pictures and during the wedding. They were quick in answering all the questions I had in my emails and phone calls. They knew right away what kind of style I was looking for my pictures and for that my pictures turned out exactly how I wanted them. I love how my photos look and to me that means alot to me for the memories I get to hold on to. Thank you Jenn and Kaylinn!

Best in SA

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Christie A

Our wedding photos could not be more beautiful. Jenn and Sada were able to catch all of our favorite moments and captured the entire feel of the wedding on film. They're expertise in working with natural light made our wedding party glow. Everything looks straight out of a magazine! Jenn makes you feel so comfortable when she's working with you - no awkward smiles or stiff postures with her!

Bend the Light Photography

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Shaula F

We had a great experience with Bend the Light Photography! Their professionalism and down to earth attitude eased our nerves during our engagement session. We received our edited photos quickly- a week from the session! We could not have been more pleased with our photos- we love them all! Thank you Bend the Light for our lifetime memories!

We love Jenn!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013

Jenn was amazing! She went the extra mile to accommodate us and our ideas. Everyone who has seen the photos has complimented us on how good they were! We would highly recommend Bend the Light for your wedding!

Bend the Light Photography- BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Rachel M

If you only read one sentence in this review, here it is: Book Bend the Light Photography if you want to be the happiest bride with the most gorgeous photos of your special day!!! Honestly, I knew I wanted to book these amazing girls as soon as we started planning our wedding. I had seen some of their beautiful images from previous weddings on blogs and I knew I loved their style. I expected to be pleased with my images and I wasn't disappointed- to see my own wedding photos took my breath away!! I realize I sound very narcissistic, but let's be honest, every bride deserves to feel gorgeous on her special day, and they made me look great- I felt better than my best looking day! Not to mention that my groom and I aren't very good at getting our photos taken. We don't really like being in front of cameras and we have a tendency to look and be a bit awkward. :) Kaylinn is super organized and went over what to expect on the big day with me which was fabulous. Jenn and Sada made me and my groom feel so comfortable that we didn't mind getting our pictures taken at all- even my new hubby was captured grinning and laughing and completely at ease. He's so thrilled with the images too- he keeps looking at them over and over in amazement- he can't believe he looks that relaxed and happy in a photograph, and now he looks that way in hundreds of images that Bend the Light took! Our families and friends are also thrilled- they captured the faces we love as they joined in our celebration, and you can feel the love and happiness that was abundant that evening. I'm so, so pleased that I booked Bend the Light. We will have these beautiful images forever, and we will cherish being able to look at them as we grow old together.

BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Emily L

Bend-The Light are simply the best photographers there are. They provide a colorful and playful twist to the most simplistic photos. They are able to capture the innocent pockets of beauty in every day life as well as truly accentuate the big magical moments experienced. Their photography plays with the light in a unique and clever way. Looking back at the photos of my wedding, I could not be any happier. The pictures are...perfect. Bend-The Light was my favorite part and element of my wedding. Capturing every moment and portraying the personality of every person, the pictures are AMAZING. Working with them was like working with my best friends. Fun, light and epically flawless.

Cannot say enough!!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Shelby S

The girls at Bend The Light are unbelievable. We knew we we started this process that the photographer we chose would be one of the most important parts of our day. I could go on and on but will just say that they are professional, patient, ridiculously talented and just an amazing group of ladies who made our entire experience so memorable. We now have perfect images that capture every aspect of our day and will be cherished forever. There truly isn't one thing I can say was the slightest concern or hesitancy with these ladies! I cannot. Imagine our day without them and we are forever grateful for their talents and for capturing the most important day of our lives!

Bend the Light Blows My Mind!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Katy S

Researching vendors for different wedding services was time-consuming and (although sometimes fun) quite stressful. However, Bend the Light was the first vendor I booked. Their website blew me away. Working with Kaylinn was a fantastic and easy experience. I kinda love her. The engagement session was super fun, and hot (October in San Antonio), and the outcome was wonderful. I've got the pictures all around the house to prove it! The wedding was another great story. Jennifer and Sada were professional, but great to have around. My pictures are STUNNING. Every. Single. Person. That sees my pictures asks about the photographers. I recommend them to my friends. And I recommend them to you. I will use Bend the Light for any future photography that they will be willing to do! (Hear that y'all? Can I keep you in retainer?)

outstanding experience with bend the light photography

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Erin N

From start to finish, it was a pleasure to work with the gals from Bend the Light. Kaylinn, Jenn, and Sada are professional, friendly, and super talented. Not only are the photos AWESOME, but they made the whole process effortless and enjoyable. We couldn't be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. Thank you, Bend the Light!

Yep!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Susan H

These girls awesome and extremely professional. Smoothest process by far of all my wedding vendors - they do a great job of laying out expectations and keeping in touch through the process. For an out of town bride, that was very much appreciated! All of our photos turned out phenomenal - engagements, bridal portraits, and especially wedding day. We were continually blown away at how quickly our photos were available, and our friends and families (not to mention Facebook friends) continue to comment on how beautifully they turned out. BtL is worth every penny, and you'll end up feeling like you have three new friends by the end. Jenn, Kaylinn, Sada - thank you guys for keeping us smiling and for capturing such a special time in our lives!

Fantastic Team

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 erin p

We used BTL for our engagement session, our reception (we eloped mid planning!) and a portrait session for our anniversary (the prints were the "paper" :) We LOVE our pictures and everything turned out so nicely. The girls are awesome - so sweet and fun to shoot with! We received our proofs MUCH sooner than we were anticipating and the CD came well packaged and protected. They were very professional from start to finish and I know we will be back for future portrait sessions!

Bending the light in all the right ways

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Annie C

CHOOSE BEND THE LIGHT! After scouring the internet for the best photographers in South Texas, I fell across Bend the Light's blog. The caliber of photos they take are far and away the best out there. They know how to capture the most precious moments of your wedding day and none of our photos have the slightest hint of cheesiness. No forced smiles or forced serious faces. Jenn's style lets go of the traditional formality of wedding portraits and freezes the moments of sincere happiness you want to remember from your wedding day. Thank you Jenn, Josh, and Kaylinn for your remarkable services. If you're looking for artistic, genuine, skillful photog's, hire away. You won't be disappointed!

They are the absolute best!!

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Melinda H

I ABSOLUTELY recommend Bend The Light Photography! We used them for our engagement pictures, and I cannot imagine a better portrait-taking experience or better results. My fiancé is camera-shy (he would've skipped engagement pictures all together if he hadn't known how much I wanted them), and Jenn (our photographer) was so great at putting us both at ease. I think she was able to capture a side of our relationship that most people don’t get to see, which is so meaningful and perfect. AND it was fun! I wish they could be there for our wedding in Nashville on November 16. Perfect, priceless.

Send Email