Photography in a new light

Our goal is to capture the story of your wedding day... from your “something borrowed” to your first kiss. The toasts, the tears, the farewell. With our always-ready, unobtrusive, laid back but professional style, we will capture your day as it unfolds so that you will never... ever... forget. :)

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

San Antonio, Texas and surrounding areas (210) 373-4447

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Shelby H

Let me start this review by saying the ladies at Bend the Light are AMAZING! We could not have picked a better photography team to document such a special time in our lives (and neither could you…seriously…you need to hire these ladies right now!). Bend the Light’s photos are... Read More stunning and as soon as I came across their website, I knew we had to hire them immediately. From the get go Kaylinn was super helpful. She helped us plan our timeline and any other details of our wedding day that might affect our photos. She was quick to respond to all my emails and is such a genuinely sweet person. Jenn was equally amazing and we had so much fun with her at both our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. I am pretty camera shy and was worried about whether I would like our photos, but Jenn captured “us” perfectly. Her ability to capture a couple’s unique love story is an amazing gift. But what really makes Bend the Light so special is that Jenn and Kaylinn really care about all of their clients so much. And, by the time our wedding day finally arrived, it didn’t feel like a stranger behind a camera anymore as much as it felt like celebrating with friends. All this to say, you should totally hire these ladies. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Nicole G

What can I say about Jenn and Kaylinn? These gals are rockstars in every sense of the word. I have been in wedding industry for 10 years (and finally was able to be a bride!) and Bend the Light by far is the best in their craft. I had worked with them on countless weddings... Read More and was so excited to have them photograph my wedding. They were the first thing I booked! it was a no brainer and I am so happy to officially be a #BTLBride. Those gals know what they are doing. From the initial inquiry, to follow up, to consulting, they are with you every step of the way. They leave no questions unanswered and really make you feel at ease (even when other things are crazy). I cannot wait to have for another milestone to happen just so I can work with these two again. Love to you both!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Steffanie M

So, I could go on and on for pages about how much I love my engagement and wedding photos--about how I had no idea that me and my husband and our friends and family could look like we’re straight out of a wedding magazine photo spread and how the photos aren’t just perfectly lit... Read More and framed, but they also magically capture the joy and spirit of the day. Seriously.There are several of each our moms where they just look SOOOO happy--like, out of their minds with happiness. Lots of our friends and family chatting, laughing, dancing. Tons of my nieces and nephews traipsing about and doing other adorable things. All of these wonderful candids were a wonderful surprise and I’m so thankful to BTL for capturing them--we'll treasure those photos forever. So, yeah, I won’t say much about the quality of their end product (though I kinda just did…) because you can see the results for yourself. I’ll tell you what the photos may not--that Jenn and Kaylinn are so sweet, helpful, professional, and fun! My husband and I are kind of awkward about were nervous about getting professional photos done. Jenn made us feel so comfortable within minutes and it wasn’t long before we were just laughing and joking around with her and having fun. The 2-hour session flew by and, sure enough, the photos were stunning. We had such a hard time choosing which ones to use in our save the dates because we loved them all. Fast forward a year-- I had every reason to freak out that our wedding photos would be a wreck. I was just getting over a cold (my then-to-be-husband was still in the trenches of it), I hadn’t slept well for days, and a cold front was coming in and the wind was fierce. But I wasn’t freaking out because out I had seen enough of BTL’s work on their blog and IG to know that they’ve shot all types of people in all types of conditions and always manage to make their photos look effortlessly magical. So I blew my nose, put a couple of extra bobby pins in my hair, and said, “bring on your worst, wedding gods! BTL has got this!!” And did they ever! Jenn has an awesome way of taking charge of the room and making sure she’s got what she needs and people are where she needs them to be without seeming like a drill sergeant. I’ve been in weddings where the photog is barking orders most of the day and making everyone--including the bride-- on edge. She kept us on schedule, got all the photos we asked for, and helped keep our energy up and laughed along with all of our wedding party’s and family’s bad jokes and weird antics. Oh! And I haven’t even said anything about Kaylinn yet! She is an absolute GEM! BTL was one of the first vendors I hired and it was pretty early on in the wedding planning process when we did. Kaylinn was so helpful in so many ways. She was always super quick in responding to my emails and went above and beyond in several ways. From helping me plan out my timeline to making me laugh and reassuring me that I wasn’t going insane in the weeks leading up to the wedding--I don’t know what I would have done with her! TL;DR: Yes--Bend the Light really is THAT good. Yes--all the positive reviews are absolutely correct and all of their former clients are rightfully effusive. Yes--ALL of their photos really are that gorgeous and yours will come out just beautiful even if you are awkward/camera-shy/not usually photogenic. You will not regret your decision to hire BTL to capture your wedding day. They are worth every single penny.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Rosa H

I can't imagine picking a better photography team for our wedding. Bend the Light was very easy to work with from the beginning. We were so happy with the collection of pictures they gave us of our wedding day. They captured every special moment of the night with beautiful... Read More pictures we will enjoy for years to come! Their pictures speak for themselves but Jenn, Amy and Kaylinn are also the sweetest people! You can tell that they are completely dedicated to making your wedding day pictures perfect. If I could give them 10 stars, I would!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Brenna C

When I was looking for a photographer for our wedding, I had an idea of what I was looking for but was not 100% sure. I spent days scrolling through photos, reading reviews and stalking instagram pages. The photos I kept saving or coming back to all had one thing in common. They... Read More were all by Bend the Light. I eagerly reached out to Bend the Light and quickly received an email back from Kaylinn letting me know that Jenn (head photographer) was available for our wedding date and the rest is history! Kaylinn is simply the best. She responded to every question I had, her emails were always insanely positive and she is by far one of the coolest ladies in the universe. She made me instantly feel like we were best friends and that I had nothing to worry about. And she was right. She took care of everything! Bend the Light was one of the first vendors I booked and throughout the remainder of the wedding planning some things got a little stressful. I told Kaylinn throughout the process that they were always my constant. Once I booked Bend the Light, I never for one minute stressed about the photography at my wedding. Not to mention, other vendors I️ ended up booking already knew them and were excited to work with them again! Once it got closer to the date, Kaylinn gave me a call and we talked all things wedding day. It was genuinely like talking to a friend you’ve had for years. I finally met Jenn at our rehearsal dinner and I couldn’t help but give her a huge hug. I knew right away she was the real deal. On the day of the wedding, Jenn and Michelle arrived with smiles on their faces like they were just as excited as we were! The whole day I felt like I was hanging out with my friends who just happened to be amazing professional photographers. Jenn is incredible. She makes you feel so comfortable and at ease and she is able to capture these insanely genuine moments on camera. She has a true talent not only with photography but with people as well. We received our photos so quickly and I could not believe my eyes. Jenn captured our true personalities and everyone I have shown the photos to can not stop raving about them. From detail photos of my rings to reception photos of family and friends dancing the night away, every photo was stunning. These ladies are amazing and I promise you will not be disappointed. You will not only be obsessed with your photos but you will thoroughly enjoy the entire process of working with Kaylinn and Jenn. Book these ladies now!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Lesli A

We felt really good about choosing Bend the Light photography for our wedding photos after reading reviews and receiving word-of-mouth recommendations but what really made our decision final was speaking with Jenn and Kaylinn. These ladies really do an amazing job of keeping in... Read More contact with their clients offering tips, advice, and words of encouragement. Our engagement and wedding photos turned out beautifully. Thank you Bend the Light!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Ca V

5.0Catherine Picking Bend The Light for our wedding was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. Kaylinn (studio manager) is incredibly helpful and was a wonderful resource for me. She gladly answered the million questions I had and was just a joy to talk to. Since I... Read More was planning a wedding from the UK, the first time I met Jenn (lead photographer) and Dawn (second photographer) was on our wedding day and they were so professional and caring. I don't like the flabby bit under my chin and Jenn and Dawn made sure I "turtled!" to get the best angles. It felt weird, but oh boy does it work! Our pictures looks AMAZING. I cannot speak highly enough of Kaylinn, Jenn, and Dawn. They are worth every penny and I would book them again and again and again!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Caitlin R

I can't say enough about these girls at Bend the Light. Jenn is an incredible photographer and made us feel so beautiful (and handsome)! I am not the most photogenic person, but I was so thrilled to see the pictures from are wedding day! The photos were gorgeous AND she made it... Read More so easy!! She told us what to do and how to stand without it looking cheesy or too posed. Kaylinn was equally amazing and was consistently there to answer questions and give me advice!! To top it all off, these girls have amazing hearts and are so down to earth. You will not regret choosing bend the light!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Aubry W

Jenn took photos for our Engagements, my Bridals, and our wedding, and we could not love them any more than we do! From the very beginning, Kaylinn's encouraging attitude helped us feels little less anxious about a professional photo session, and Jenn was a delight to work... Read More with. They are both incredibly sweet and helpful, and even through a couple of schedule disruptions on the day of our wedding, Jenn kept it moving and we were still able to get all the photos we wanted! The final wedding album made us as emotional as the wedding day itself, and I could not recommend Bend the Light enough!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Kelly C

My husband and I searched and searched for wedding photographers. We discovered that we both kept pinning the same images to our wedding board... all were BTL photos!!!!! We KNEW we had to book them! They are professional, soooo sweet. We felt like family!!! They did an amazing... Read More job communicating with us and making sure we had every detail we wanted. BTL was awesome with our kids. They met with us and listened to our love story. We are blending our family and wanted a "non-traditional" wedding. They made us feel so comfortable and loved! BTL is an AMAZING team, and we are so thankful for their part in our special day.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Paulina D

OMG Bend the Light is AMAZINGGG at what they do!! They made every single picture come out so great and everyone looked like models. Seriously, you guys. I'm so glad I chose these ladies to capture my day as I had a smooth experience working with the team from day one! There's... Read More not one photo that I didn't like, and the style is so timeless and beautiful, I 100% highly recommend Bend the Light to any future couple! You go, girls! :)

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Christine R

There are only a few special things that stick out throughout our whole wedding planning process that we will always cherish, and one of them, without a doubt, is working with the lovely and talented ladies of Bend the Light Photography. I can’t tell you how many times I had a... Read More million different wedding uncertainties in my head but knew that our photographer was one I didn’t have to worry about. Jenn has an unparalleled eye for light and warmth that creates the most beautiful pictures; so beautiful, in fact, that you can’t believe that it’s you in them! Kaylinn is also a delight to work with. Every single phone call I had with her had me laughing and smiling at the end of it. Not to mention our wedding pictures came out absolutely stunning! We have so many favorites that it is virtually impossible to pick just one to frame or post. If you value timeless photos and working with good, kind hearted people like we do, please do not hesitate to book Bend the Light for your wedding. I PROMISE you that it will be the best investment you make on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Adrian H

I had a wonderful experience with Bend The Light Photography from every single detail they had it covered! I loved all the information they provide you and the excellent follow through with their service. I would recommend them 100% and I know how important these pictures are... Read More and you will not be disappointed if you pick BTL! Not to forget the pictures were great- beautiful and stunning images, I had no clue me and my fiancé could look that good!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Briana J

Where do I even begin! These ladies are just flat out amazing! They did my bridals in San Antonio and then did my wedding in Houston! Everything picture they take is gorgeous and they are so much fun!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Jessica S

BTL was absolutely wonderful to work with! All of their staff were friendly, fun, and their photos are absolutely beautiful! Even when we sprung a location change on them at the very last minute, they were not phased at all. They worked actual magic directing our massive... Read More families through the shots. I could not be happier!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Kelly P

When it came to wedding photographers I knew I needed the best and I was not willing to gamble on the quality. That's what lead me directly to Bend the Light. Their portfolio is beautiful, and a quick phone call with Kaylinn assured me that we could easily have a great working... Read More relationship. They were there to answer any and all questions along the way. It goes without saying, but the photos are PHENOMENAL. I'm the third child in my family and my dad openly commented that these are the best wedding photos he's ever seen :) They were so helpful and available on the wedding day, while not being over-bearing or too demanding. We got every photo we wanted and a ton more. They really captured the details beautifully, which meant a lot to us. I could go on and on, but basically, I highly recommend and I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Christina O

We absolutely enjoyed working with Bend the Light. They captured beautiful moments at our engagement session and on our wedding day. They pay attention to detail, follow-up and are just fun to work with. We have no regrets and are just thrilled with how the pictures turned out.... Read More I am so happy that we hired BTL! Thank you ladies for your hard work and making our day extra special. I can't stop looking at our photos!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Catherine C

Jenn and Kaylinn were absolutely amazing! They did an incredible job at helping with my Bridal pictures and I am still obsessing over all the wedding pictures. Jenn did a wonderful job at helping my husband and I feel comfortable in front of a camera and she truly captured all... Read More the emotions of our special day. They truly are worth every single penny and will not disappoint you. I am so happy that they were the ones to capture my special day.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kate N

Kaylinn and Jenn were the best team my husband and I could have asked for! From my first (45 minute) call with Kaylinn, to receiving our images less than 3 weeks after our wedding, they were true partners throughout our experience. Kaylinn has a great demeanor, knows what she is... Read More doing and is quick to respond to all questions. Jenn was a true professional at our engagement session and again for our wedding day. She’s great about checking in, making sure you have all the photos you want. And the second photographer Josh was great too. They make it easy to plan everything out and give you the confidence everything will turn out how you imagined (or even better!). I would highly recommend Bend the Light, you can see their quality through their blog online, but their personalities really set them apart! Thanks for everything ladies!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Lauron F

We loved working with Bend the Light for our wedding photography. They were great to work with, and our photos turned out amazing! All our friends and family are telling us they look fantastic. BTL was also very prompt at getting our photography delivered to us! If your wedding... Read More photos are a priority for you (and they should be), then I'd highly recommend working with them!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Natalie M

I fell in love with Jen and Kaylinn's work when they did my best friend's wedding in 2012, and I remember wishing we could have them at our wedding, but we live on the east coast. Fast forward a few years and when we actually decided to get married, we settled on San Antonio... Read More after all, and I got to have my dream photographer! Both Jen and Kaylinn were incredibly helpful in the lead-up to the wedding, and even though we were doing almost everything long distance they helped make all of the planning go seamlessly. Day-of, Jen and Adrien were AMAZING. They caught all the best moments, both posed and spontaneous, and I can't stop looking at all of our photos. Thank you for capturing everything that made our wedding such a special day! Your work will help us remember the day forever.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Ylsse L

ATTENTION: Bend The Light will blow you away with their talent, professionalism, and unique style. I promise this will be one of the best wedding decisions you could make. These ladies have the EYE for gorgeous, sweet, & sincere wedding and portrait photography that is hard to... Read More match. They will make you look better than you thought possible! :) My new husband and I are so in love with our engagement and wedding photos and are excited for the beautiful flush mount album we will be getting!! Seriously, budget elsewhere and hire Bend The Light! <3

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

After a wedding is complete, the bride typically gives advice to couples that are engaged about what she learned from planning a wedding. The biggest piece of advice that I would give to future brides would be to use Bend The Light Photography for their own special day. They... Read More made it such an enjoyable experience for us and ensured that we got all the staged wedding photos we wanted, while capturing every precious moment during the ceremony and reception. Guests at the wedding kept asking where the photographers were because they did such a good job at blending. Their positive energy and organized style made them unbelievably easy to work with. It allowed for the groom and myself to feel at ease and feel comfortable so they were able to capture truly geniune moments. I greatly appreciate the work that Jenn and Kaylinn did.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Sara

The ladies at Bend the Light are simply incredible. They made everything so easy and stress free! Kaylinn responded absurdly quick to all of my many questions before and after our wedding, and always seemed to share our excitement for our big day. She assured me they would be... Read More prepared for our purple uplighting, and that we wouldn't look like martians in the photos. She helped me put together a reasonable timeline, and the list of family photos we wanted. I couldn't have done it without her! We did an engagement photo session to get used to the idea of having our photos taken, and we ended up loving almost every picture! Our wedding day was no different. Jenn worked with our coordinator flawlessly. We didn't make it easy on them by having our ceremony very close to sunset and not doing a first look, but they were still able to get tons of beautiful photos for us. They seemed to be everywhere and nowhere all at once... I never noticed them during the ceremony and didn't feel they intruded in any way whatsoever during the night. Best of all, we had our photos back in TWO WEEKS! I truly don't know how they are able to produce such high quality work so quickly, but it was amazing to have pictures to show everyone when we got home from our honeymoon. I can't recommend Bend the Light highly enough... in all of the stress of planning a wedding, I didn't consider how the photographer is really the key to preserving the great memories from our big day. I am so thankful we chose Bend the Light and will have their beautiful work as a keepsake forever.

Best Decision I Made (right behind saying 'yes'!)

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Whitney L

I can't even begin to start! Bend the Light was a huge part of our process - from engagements, bridals, and the big day! They worked so great with us every step of the way! They really captured our personalities and even captured our dogs perfectly on our wedding day and... Read More engagements - even though my husband's dog was a wild child! I was EXTREMELY picky with my photographer. I looked for countless hours and honestly, only cared about photos on the big day - not flowers, cake, etc. Bend the Light was definitely worth the search and you can truly tell that they are passionate about what they do! If only everyone could love their jobs that much! I will definitely be looking to recommend them to everyone I know who is getting married!! Thanks again BTL!

Jenn & Kaylinn

Thanks for taking time to check out our page! We are Jenn & Kaylinn of Bend the Light Photography! We've been wedding photographers for 10 years, and our individual perspectives make us a great team. We were once brides ourselves (Jenn in 2009 and Kaylinn in 2016), so we know how important this day is to you and your fiance. We can't wait to learn all about you, your engagement story, and your wedding plans. We look forward to hearing from you and taking some amazing photos! -Jenn & Kaylinn