Bend The Light Photography

San Antonio, TX

Photography in a new light

Our goal is to capture the story of your wedding day... from your “something borrowed” to your first kiss. The toasts, the tears, the farewell. With our always-ready, unobtrusive, laid back but professional style, we will capture your day as it unfolds so that you will never... ever... forget. :)

Documentary, Fine Art

Trash The Dress

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Second Shooter Available

Bow2010

Nailed It! ;)

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 wynne m

There are so many things that I can rave about when it comes to the amazing ladies at Bend the Light. Not only do they take the most miraculous pictures, they make the people in the photos look so effortless and natural (like they have been modeling for years-nothing looks posed... Read More or awkward and trust me, I'm awkward in photos)! Since day one of booking them to shoot our wedding and engagement photos, they have been so accommodating and resourceful. I work in the wedding industry as well so I ended coordinating my entire wedding on my own. Kaylinn was so awesome about setting aside time to email or have a phone call with me as many times as I needed leading up to the wedding and helped me plan out my entire wedding timeline for the whole day (even the things that did not include photography). If you have done your research on Bend the Light then you know that they virtually booked every single weekend for weddings in 2013 shortly after the new year. It says a lot that even though they are so busy, they go the extra mile to make sure all of their clients are well taken care of. When it came to the big day, Jenn and Sada were my saviors. They did everything to make sure that the groom and I didn't see each other before the ceremony. They literally covered every aspect of the wedding that I wanted captured and more. Not to mention, they made me feel so beautiful and confident and I think it really showed through in our photos. They also became my psuedo wedding coordinators for the day by keeping me on my timeline. They did not have to do any of that, so it just shows again how much they all care about their clients. One last comment that I have heard from all of my family and friends is how shocked they are at how quickly Bend the Light posted our wedding photos. It is pretty awesome to be able to view some of your beautiful photos while still on your honeymoon. :) There is so much more that I can say about Bend the Light, but this post would turn into a novel. I will continue to use them for anything and everything from now on. I highly suggest that you do as well. You will be thrilled. :)

Bend the Light is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Patricia P

Bend the Light was absolutely amazing with the photography for our wedding and engagement photos! They were such fun to work with and delivered a great product at the end. They were always prompt with helping us meet deadlines, VERY quick to email us back with answers to all... Read More our questions and great with explaining our options and helping us think through all the details. They definitely know what they are doing, and they do it well! They were worth every penny that we paid them and we would recommend to ANYONE.

Best. Photographers. Ever.

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Larissa S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the ladies at Bend the Light. They are truly the nicest, most talented and most professional photographers I have ever met. My husband (then finance) is in the Air Force and stationed outside of Texas so we were always having to plan... Read More around his schedule. Bend the Light was extremely accommodating and shot our engagement photos, my bridal session and our wedding. From day one, the ladies at Bend the Light made our entire wedding photography process seamless. I really relied on Jenn to help us with locations, poses and wardrobe--and her advice was always perfect. When it came to the wedding day, Jenn and Sada were absolutely amazing at coordinating our "getting ready" pictures, our first look pictures, and the numerous pictures we have of our huge wedding party. They knew exactly what we wanted and we absolutely loved every one of the pictures they took. What I love most about Bend the Light is that they were always so helpful and so accommodating with our schedules. Anytime I e-mailed them, they were extremely responsive and helped me out with any questions I had. Also, all of my friends and family were absolutely stunned at how all of the pictures turned out. I could not be more pleased, excited and thrilled with the way our wedding photos turned out. I still can’t stop looking at them. Hands down Bend the Light is the best in the business!! I highly recommend you use them. You will not be disappointed!

Book them NOW!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

You will NOT regret this choice for your wedding. I researched many photographers and kept coming back to their beautiful work. I was exceedingly impressed with their beforehand process (asking me specific questions, taking the time to get to know me, my wedding "look", etc.).... Read More Seriously, no detail was left out! The day of the wedding, they were incredibly attentive and got every shot I had asked for and more. Both our families made numerous comments on how impressed they were with them! Now the hardest part of booking them...choosing which pictures to print/purchase!! I have already recommended them to friends and family for their special day!

Best Decision EVER :)

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Leah C

We chose Bend the Light as our engagement and wedding photographers after several days of research. From the first email and phone call we received to our AMAZING wedding photos, they remained professional, efficient, and never once disappointed us. We are SO in love with our... Read More engagement photos, bridal photos, and of course our breathtaking wedding photos. Jenn and Lisa were such a joy to have with us on our wedding day, and Kaylinn was extremely quick at responding to our emails/phone calls and assisting us with all of our questions and concerns. We will forever cherish all of the memories captured throughout the most important time of our lives. My husband and I can't wait to book more photo sessions with Jenn in the near future!

Bend the Light is Awesome!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Allison J

When we got engaged, my fiance and I decided that one thing we really would allow ourselves to splurge on was the photography- and we're so glad we did! Kaylinn and Jen were not only easy to get ahold of and communicate with throughout our year long engagement, but they... Read More answered any and every question (there were a lot!) that we had. The pictures Jen and assistant photographer Josh took at the wedding are unbelievable. Bend the Light may seem pricy at first, but the quality of their photos, Jen's artistic and creative eye, and their level of customer service and support makes every penny well worth it. We are so thrilled with our photos, which they got back to us within just a few weeks after the wedding. Can't recommend Bend the Light highly enough.

Wonderful Photography!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Janine C

My fiancé and I used Bend the Light for our engagement photos. Throughout the entire process both Kaylinn and Jenn were phenomenal! They responded in a timely fashion, are incredibly professional yet very personable, and receptive to clients' needs. I would book Bend the Light... Read More again in a heartbeat! We were so happy with the photographs we got back and are so happy to know we have them forever!

Bend the Light is AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Jennifer M

I can't say enough about the wonderful ladies at Bend the Light. Jenn & Kaylinn were both amazing and such a pleasure to work with. I am so sad my wedding is over and that I don't have a reason to use them again in the near future. Jenn was the photographer for our... Read More engagement photos as well as one of the photographers at our wedding and she is absolutely wonderful. She's very professional but so very friendly. She worked well with our HUGE family and everyone liked her (and the other photographer too)! Kaylinn is the studio manager and was my main point of contact for months. She is so organized, helpful and wonderful to work with too! You will not regret using Bend the Light. They were worth every penny!!!!

Simply AMAZING

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Gretchen J

We love Bend the Light and highly recommend them, they are simply amazing! Their quality of work is top notch and beautiful, plus they are fun to work with :) Words cannot express how much we love ALL of our pictures!!

The Best in San Antonio

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Ellen L

Bend the Light was amazing on our special day. They were so helpful and made the picture taking process so incredible easy and fun. The girls are very sweet and easy to work with. I have received my pictures and they are better then I even imagined. This photography company is... Read More worth every dollar and I will be using them again for special occasions. Love Love Love Bend the Light!!

Very Happy Customer

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

The service and professionalism that my wife and I received from Kaylinne, Jenn and Kirsten at Bend the Light is second to none. Bend the Light was the photographer for our engagement photos as well as wedding day and we couldn't be happier with the quality of photos that we... Read More received. The guest sign in book that they made from our engagement photos was absolutely beautiful. The weather was overcast and rainy on the day of our wedding, so the lighting was not ideal, but you cannot tell from the photos. Bend the Light was very proactive about staying on task and meeting deadlines and they worked closely with other vendors to help create a timeline that worked for everyone. Entrusting someone to take photos that you will cherish the rest of your life is not an easy thing to do, but if you are considering Bend the Light for this, do not think anymore. You will not be disappointed.

Professional and Precious Photos!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014

From the moment I chose Bend the Light for my destination, wedding their professionalism and thoroughness confirmed I made the right decision. They were so organized and actually help guide me to make sound decisions about the wedding day plan. On the day of the wedding, it... Read More rained. The photographers did not skip a beat and found an outdoor dry location that could not have been more perfect. When I received the photos two shirt weeks later, I was shocked at how brilliant the colors were and how they were able to capture the joy of the occasion. Of all of the decisions I made on the wedding plans, they are my favorite decision.

Love, love, loved our photos!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Star L

It was so easy to work with Bend the Light from the start. We got our engagement photos done for our save the date magnets. They were fabulous! Then I got my bridal portraits, and everyone absolutely loved them!! Then on our wedding day, we did a first look outdoors before... Read More the ceremony, which was the best idea. We had never heard of it before, but my husband and I really appreciated the opportunity for us to have photos by the river and have the time taken to take photos of just us before the craziness of the reception. People have commented that they were jealous that we had the time to take them, but Bend the Light was just able to get some great shots in a short amount of time before the ceremony. It was such a joy knowing that I was going to marry the love of my life, and they were able to capture that feeling in our photos. And by the time we got to reception, we didn't even notice the photographers, but they were obviously there because we got to see some very genuine moments of our friends and family having a great time. When I first got engaged, the piece of advice I was told over and over again was to hire a great photographer. We believe we got the best, and we can't wait to have them take our first anniversary, maternity, and family photos in the future!

Bend The Light Photography

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Cassie P

So thankful we chose Bend The Light to take our engagement pictures! Not only were they flexible and accommodating to where we wanted our pictures to be taken, they made our photo shoot fun and natural!! We loved all of our pictures and look forward to working with Bend The... Read More Light in the future!

LOVED Bend the Light

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Kelly J

I used Bend the Light for my wedding on June 14th. The pictures were beautiful! I loved the lighting in the pictures and feel like we have so many good ones to choose from. I used Bend the Light for my bridal portraits and for my wedding day photos and both photographers were... Read More so fun to work with! I would recommend Bend the Light! Awesome job!

A Must-Have Photographer for SA Weddings!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Rees D

Bend the Light is an awesome company. Not only do their photographers take gorgeous photos, their customer service is simply excellent. It was so refreshing work with them among some other less-efficient wedding vendors. Jenn, the primary photographer, is so passionate about... Read More what she does and will do just about anything to get you the most perfect photos of your big day. They are on time, easy to work with, and just plain fun to have as part of your wedding! They have such an eye for detail and come fully prepared to get you memory snapshots of your day. They did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits and wedding photos and I've received about a million compliments from friends and family. I've referred them to several other brides who decided to use them for their weddings. They are truly the best!

Love them!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Karen C

Kaylinn, Jenn, and Sada are awesome! They are so nice and friendly, responsive, and easy to work with. They were very helpful throughout the entire wedding process. Anytime I had a question or concern I would email Kaylinn and she would always respond quickly. Jenn took our... Read More engagement photos, and Jenn and Sada took our wedding photos. They made us laugh a lot and are so fun! They even went above and beyond and helped us with a few things on our wedding day! And we love our engagement and wedding photos! I love their style of photography and how creative and fun they are. They are great people and take amazing photos. I highly recommend them and will definitely be coming back to them for future photos.

Bend the Light

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Mandy M

I am happy I chose Bend the Light for my photographer for my wedding. These girls made us feel relaxed and eased when were taking engagement pictures and during the wedding. They were quick in answering all the questions I had in my emails and phone calls. They knew right away... Read More what kind of style I was looking for my pictures and for that my pictures turned out exactly how I wanted them. I love how my photos look and to me that means alot to me for the memories I get to hold on to. Thank you Jenn and Kaylinn!

Best in SA

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Christie A

Our wedding photos could not be more beautiful. Jenn and Sada were able to catch all of our favorite moments and captured the entire feel of the wedding on film. They're expertise in working with natural light made our wedding party glow. Everything looks straight out of a... Read More magazine! Jenn makes you feel so comfortable when she's working with you - no awkward smiles or stiff postures with her!

Bend the Light Photography

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Shaula F

We had a great experience with Bend the Light Photography! Their professionalism and down to earth attitude eased our nerves during our engagement session. We received our edited photos quickly- a week from the session! We could not have been more pleased with our photos- we... Read More love them all! Thank you Bend the Light for our lifetime memories!

We love Jenn!

Reviewed on 11/02/2013

Jenn was amazing! She went the extra mile to accommodate us and our ideas. Everyone who has seen the photos has complimented us on how good they were! We would highly recommend Bend the Light for your wedding!

Bend the Light Photography- BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Rachel M

If you only read one sentence in this review, here it is: Book Bend the Light Photography if you want to be the happiest bride with the most gorgeous photos of your special day!!! Honestly, I knew I wanted to book these amazing girls as soon as we started planning our wedding. I... Read More had seen some of their beautiful images from previous weddings on blogs and I knew I loved their style. I expected to be pleased with my images and I wasn't disappointed- to see my own wedding photos took my breath away!! I realize I sound very narcissistic, but let's be honest, every bride deserves to feel gorgeous on her special day, and they made me look great- I felt better than my best looking day! Not to mention that my groom and I aren't very good at getting our photos taken. We don't really like being in front of cameras and we have a tendency to look and be a bit awkward. :) Kaylinn is super organized and went over what to expect on the big day with me which was fabulous. Jenn and Sada made me and my groom feel so comfortable that we didn't mind getting our pictures taken at all- even my new hubby was captured grinning and laughing and completely at ease. He's so thrilled with the images too- he keeps looking at them over and over in amazement- he can't believe he looks that relaxed and happy in a photograph, and now he looks that way in hundreds of images that Bend the Light took! Our families and friends are also thrilled- they captured the faces we love as they joined in our celebration, and you can feel the love and happiness that was abundant that evening. I'm so, so pleased that I booked Bend the Light. We will have these beautiful images forever, and we will cherish being able to look at them as we grow old together.

BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Emily L

Bend-The Light are simply the best photographers there are. They provide a colorful and playful twist to the most simplistic photos. They are able to capture the innocent pockets of beauty in every day life as well as truly accentuate the big magical moments experienced. Their... Read More photography plays with the light in a unique and clever way. Looking back at the photos of my wedding, I could not be any happier. The pictures are...perfect. Bend-The Light was my favorite part and element of my wedding. Capturing every moment and portraying the personality of every person, the pictures are AMAZING. Working with them was like working with my best friends. Fun, light and epically flawless.

Cannot say enough!!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Shelby S

The girls at Bend The Light are unbelievable. We knew we we started this process that the photographer we chose would be one of the most important parts of our day. I could go on and on but will just say that they are professional, patient, ridiculously talented and just an... Read More amazing group of ladies who made our entire experience so memorable. We now have perfect images that capture every aspect of our day and will be cherished forever. There truly isn't one thing I can say was the slightest concern or hesitancy with these ladies! I cannot. Imagine our day without them and we are forever grateful for their talents and for capturing the most important day of our lives!

Bend the Light Blows My Mind!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Katy S

Researching vendors for different wedding services was time-consuming and (although sometimes fun) quite stressful. However, Bend the Light was the first vendor I booked. Their website blew me away. Working with Kaylinn was a fantastic and easy experience. I kinda love her.... Read More The engagement session was super fun, and hot (October in San Antonio), and the outcome was wonderful. I've got the pictures all around the house to prove it! The wedding was another great story. Jennifer and Sada were professional, but great to have around. My pictures are STUNNING. Every. Single. Person. That sees my pictures asks about the photographers. I recommend them to my friends. And I recommend them to you. I will use Bend the Light for any future photography that they will be willing to do! (Hear that y'all? Can I keep you in retainer?)

TO Bend The Light Photography