Betsy Robinson's–over 60 years of superior service

Betsy Robinson’s Bridal Collection boasts a comprehensive selection of gowns in every price range, with many lines exclusive in Baltimore/Washington. Your consultant will be among the finest anywhere, whose knowledge, expertise, and quality of service have been recognized industry-wide for many years.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Plus Size Available, Fashion

1848 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 484-4600
INSTAGRAM

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Erika Z

The staff was very helpful in accommodating my need for a modest gown....the price, timing of the order etc was perfect!

Loved the shop, LOVE my dress

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Kate S

I'm extremely petite, so I was nervous to go dress shopping. The staff was awesome and made the experience exactly what I'd hoped for. I also really love how the boutique is set-up - they ask you your budget, and then don't even take you in the rooms with dresses priced above... Read More your price point, so the temptation to break your bank isn't a factor. The alterations were perfect too!

Wedding gown to die for!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Kristina D

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection has the highest quality wedding gowns from couture designers! I received so many compliments on my dress it was staggering. I worked personally with Maria (manager) and Betsy, and my dress fit me like a glove and had an elaborate,... Read More never-been-done before bustle. My recommendation is to make sure that you are working with a staff member who is attentive and knows what they are doing, or else you will not be as happy with the outcome.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Brystle P

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection was the first place I looked at for a wedding dress. They have such a large inventory of dresses that I didn't have to look any further! Everyone that works there is very pleasant and helpful. The fittings went smoothly and they were on top... Read More of everything! Even when it was three days before my wedding day and I lost some weight and needed a little bit more taken in, they were able to accommodate me at such a last minute. They don't pressure you to buy anything and show you many options so that you find exactly what works best for you. If you are a new bride looking for a dress, I definitely recommend going to Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Amy M

The shopping experience the Betsy Robinson was amazing. I worked with Ashley who was fantastic-- funny, listened to me, but also brought additional dresses I may not have thought of. The ladies I worked with for dress fittings, and the seamstress were wonderful. During some... Read More appointments there was approximately an hour wait until a staff person was available (however this totally could have been out of their control). Overall the experience was great, and I would highly recommend Betsy Robinson!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jennifer F

So let me start by saying I love my dress and they did do a good job on listening to my wants and picking the right one for me and that is the only reason I gave them 2 instead of 1 star. This is where the good ends in this review. I have 3 sisters and I would never recommend... Read More this place to them because of the headaches they caused. To start, the process is was very business like a not at all the fairytale experience. I was shoved in a room with my 3 sisters and mom when choosing. When I decided on the dress, there was no bell, no excitement all there was, was the sales woman telling me to go pay for it. Second they wanted me to buy 2 sizes bigger then one I tried on when it was only a tad tight in my legs. We compromised with just 1 size because they told me they were the experts. A week later I had regrets and told them I wanted the size I tried on because I know my body and I would be losing weight. They told me that is what everyone says and they refused to change the size. I called them 2 more times and it was a firm no each time. Fast forward to the fitting process. I get the dress and try it on and i am swimming in it and I only had lost 5 pounds. They tell me it is going to be over $700 because they have so much work to do. I also ask them for a good veil with it. So the manager puts one on me and I loved it and said to add it to the bill, until I find out it is over $800. Who would pay that much for a piece of tulle when that is almost the cost of my dress. Second fitting, I try on the dress; and it looks a mess, it is no longer centered and the top does fit me at all (still big). Final fitting everything looked fine so I took it home. At the wedding, the bustling completely fell apart and my dress was dragging. This was the worst experience and some of the worst customer service. Do not buy your dress there and if you do, do not get it altered with them. They are money hungry and incompetent.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Kaitlyn M

Ashley did a great job helping me find my perfect dress. I am not the smallest girl in the world and this salon had a significant selection that fit my body type.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Carly D

Everyone was so helpful and they make you feel extra special when picking out your dress! I even got my dress for a STEAL! I recommend shopping the sample sale, you get your dress as is but it's so much cheaper and just as beautiful as if you got it custom ordered. Although... Read More we had to go elsewhere for alterations, it was definitely worth it! I highly recommend Betsy Robinson's Bridal collection, everyone there is wonderful.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Brigitte H

Loved my gown from Betsy Robinson! Their dress selection was wonderful. They were very helpful and professional at every appointment for each step of the process. The tailoring on my gown was just perfect and many guests at our wedding commented on how the dress looked made for... Read More me. I would highly recommend this bridal shop!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Alyssa F

I had a wonderful experience using Betsy Robinson to find my bridal gown and for my gown alterations. My consultant helped me pick out a variety of styles of dresses before narrowing down to the one I picked - which was perfect. The top of my dress was beaded and very delicate.... Read More Every time I went in for a fitting, the consultants were very careful with the dress which I appreciated! The seamstress took all my concerns about the dress and made it fit perfectly! The only feedback I have is the long wait time for appointments. Even though I had an appointment for a fitting, at times I had to wait 1 hour to see the seamstress. It wasn't terrible since I know the seamstress provided detailed attention to all the dresses. I would recommend Betsy for your wedding dress!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Racheal M

Had the best experience at Betsy Robinson. There was a little mix up with my appointment date, but Rose happened to come in an hour early the date I thought my appointment was and still assist me in finding that perfect dress I was looking for. I found an amazing dress, Blue by... Read More Enzoani, Inverness, which was a perfect fit for my garden wedding. Since I am on the shorter side, I added a beautiful belt that complement the dress very nicely. Once the dress came in, Rachel was able to assist me with the fitting appointments. I can not remember the seamstress' name but she was so nice and did a fabulous job and making the dress fit my body type. I got so many complements on my dress the day of the wedding, that it made all the little crazy unforeseen things that happened the day of disappear. Thank you Betsy Robinson!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Olivia C

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection was wonderful to work with. My initial consultant, Jessica, was AMAZING and truly made the whole experience worth it. I had two dresses I liked and we had approval to take one dress, cut the top off and create a new top since I didn't like... Read More the top of it. When I got the dress in and tried it on, the seamstress worked with me to rearrange the top of my dress without totally tearing off the whole top and starting from scratch. I ended up wanting to put it back to the way it was originally after 2-3 appointments, and they were very understanding and gave me the dress of my dreams. My only poor experience with them was when I came back to get bridesmaids dresses - the consultant was very standoffish and rude, not offering assistance or much help. I brought this concern up to the head of the bridesmaid department and she took care of it for me. Overall I am very pleased with my experience and would happily choose Betsy Robinson's again!! Thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful bride ever.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Alexandra L

I highly recommend Betsy Robinson as a great place to start your dress search in the MD area. I went there for my first attempt at trying on dresses and walked out with the dress of my dreams. I think a good dress experience is based on your consultant and I couldn't have asked... Read More for anyone better. Meghan at Betsy Robinson was so patient and helpful, she kept the entire appointment moving along but never once did I feel rushed. After trying just about every shape, fabric and style available, Meghan pulled the most perfect dress for me. She really listened to what I liked and what I didn't like, and helped us find my dress. If you're going to Betsy Robinson, make sure you ask for Meghan! You absolutely will not regret it!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Lisa G

We had an amazing experience. The staff was always so helpful and they gave me my beautiful wedding dress! My photographers even commented on my dress the day of. They said they photograph a ton of wedding dresses and Betsy Robinsons does the BEST at packaging the dresses. You... Read More know your dress is safe to transfer when you buy from Betsy!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Emily P

I loved Betsy!! My dress was perfect and the alterations were too!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kathleen C

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection went above and beyond for me. I got married in Boston but I am currently living in Baltimore. The most stressful part of wedding planning was trying to figure out how to get my dress to Boston - I voiced this concern and the staff was on... Read More it! Their shipping specialist said no problem they deal with this all the time. They even made a few calls on my behalf to local bridal shops in the North Shore Boston area so I could have it pressed and steamed for pick up. Their staff was overwhelmingly helpful and gracious to calm my fears. In addition to having my final experience be wonderful, my initial experience was just as good. Kimberly was my consultant and from the beginning of my appointment she gaged my facial expressions on what I liked and what I didn't care for, she stayed in budget and we found the one that made me feel like a "bride". Fittings were so much fun with Paula. She is a PRO! I had lost some weight and was swimming in my dress which was supposed to be a form fitting mermaid so Paula and I got to know each other from our several appointments. In addition to the body of my dress, I changed the neck line and added a belt - all of which she did an amazing job on. To top my bridal experience off; it was one stop shopping when the Thomas Knoll Handmade Jewelry and Toni Federici Veil Trunk Show was in town. I purchased my earrings, hair broach and my custom made veil. GORGEOUS! My dress was very plain and simple so these accessories made my entire look. I received SO many compliments on them on my wedding day. I am so lucky that Betsy has those relationships to two of the most incredible and top tier quality vendors or my look wouldn't have been complete. Overall I cannot say enough good things about Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection - I highly recommend any bride to find their dress here.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Megan K

I was very excited to go here because I heard a lot of great things. It disappoints me to make this review but I feel it would do an injustice to other brides not to. I had a great initial experience of picking my dress but I went here for alterations too and thats where things... Read More went downhill. My first fitting I did not want to have anything taken in because I was losing weight. However my second fitting was where they pinned everything up to take it in. The third fitting was as if they let the dress out instead of taking it in! It fit almost perfectly the second time, it was even bigger on me the third time! (PS my measurements did not change from 2nd-5th, I checked) Then came the fourth time where it felt like nothing changed and they did a HORRIBLE job. The areas they took in parts of the lace was flapping out. When they took in the shoulders they didn't do it right at all (my mom used to work in a bridal shop and was completely appalled and asked during the 3rd fitting if they would fix it, still not fixed at the 4th which was suppose to be the final fitting). I had the same girl that sold me my dress and she acted like she didn't even know who I was (which I'm sure she sees a lot of people so I do not fault her for that) But I had a 5th fitting! YES 5!!! It took them 5 Times to get my dress right! And the 4th and 5th fitting were one week apart and I saw the same girl who sold me my dress and she did not even say Hi (I'm sorry but I'm sure you made commission on the dress you sold me and you cannot even say Hi to me?!) They were super unflexible with when I could come for my fittings. My last fitting (5, remember 5!) was the wednesday before my wedding (that saturday) AND I couldn't get my dress until after 4pm on that Thursday! I was 1 1/2 hours away from the shop! It took 4 1/2 hours there and back to get my dress that Thursday. I felt like my seamstress was completely incompetent and did not know what she was doing

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jamie M

I purchased my dress here because the service was great. I had Jessica help me find a dress and she was super helpful and authentic. I took a while before I could commit to my dress, so I had to come back a second time or two to try it on again before I knew for sure it was... Read More the one -- And this was not a problem for Jessica. I ended up making a custom change to the dress and it turned out beautiful. Jessica also picked the perfect size for me to order, because it fit so well when it arrived, I didn't need many alterations. Shopping for a dress was hard for me because there were so many beautiful ones to decide! But I made the right choice and definitely recommend Betsy Robinson's!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Emily C

I went into the dress shopping process not really knowing what I was looking for in a dress, and with the help of Pinterest and Betsy Robinson Bridal, I was able to find a dress that was stunning and perfectly fit my personality. They were prompt and extremely professional with... Read More appointments. If you can make an appointment to shop during the week over a weekend--do that--it was super busy when we were there on a Saturday, but I just think that speaks to how popular they've become. Jessica helped me find my dress, she was really patient and accommodating when I showed her pictures of dresses that I liked. They had a large, diverse inventory. We also found my veil and jewelry at Betsy Robinson. They made the entire process more fun and easier than I anticipated. I loved my dress!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Stacy H

Everyone at Betsy Robinson's treated me like royalty!!!! I tried on about 12 dresses which seemed to take some time. The girls were very helpful, never seemed annoyed by my 1,000,000 questions and calls. EVERYONE here went out of their way to help me feel special on every visit.... Read More The seamstress even finished my alterations in 24 hours knowing I was from out of town and needed it rushed. I highly recommend this place for all your bridal needs!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Amanda B

The alterations process here is insane. I paid $2,000 for my dress and $500 in alterations. I had to drive out there 5 different times for alterations (you pay as you go) and I didn't even have a bustle. I also did not fluctuate a pound so there was no reason it should've taken... Read More 6 tries to get it right. The last fitting was the worst of all of them! They had taken my dress out instead of in and then claimed I lost weight. I hadn't lost a pound. The boning in the side hip area was also sticking out. The seamstress "fixed" it so that it looked fine while I was standing there but the minute I took a step, it would stick out again. I didn't discover this until the day of my wedding. My photographer and wedding coordinator were frantic trying to get rid of it right before the ceremony. We finally had to say "screw it" and I used my flowers to hide it during the ceremony. I had to get it photoshopped in all of my pictures because it looked ridiculous. It looked like I had a massive growth on my right hip. I reached out to two people at Betsy and never heard back from them on it. Solid customer service.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Brittany Z

Betsy Robinson bridal salon had the only dress I fell in love with after going to three other places. The staff that worked with me spent their time and attention on me solely during my appointments. The seamstress added sleeves to my strapless gown to make it even more perfect.... Read More Every moment fittings was enjoyable. I would recommend Betsy Robinson salon!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kayla B

I went to Betsy's after failed attempts at other salons. They squeezed me in for an appointment at the end of the day and still took their time with me to find the perfect dress. I was given the opportunity to pick out dresses that I wanted to try on and the consultant took her... Read More time with me and made suggestions as well. Sure enough, I found my dream dress. My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses with Betsy's since they had a great selection and you receive a discount on the bridesmaid dresses if you bough your wedding gown there. My only complaint with the bridesmaid dress shopping experience is they only had one consultant available to help multiple bridesmaids and she was unavailable to help us with pinning dresses and changing at times because other brides/bridesmaids would come in and pull her away from our appointment. When I went back to Betsy's for trunk shows to shop for jewelry and a veil, both consultants were very helpful, and i found exactly what I needed to complete my outfit. The turn around time on the dress and the accessories was great. I did have to reach out to the store to confirm if my accessories were in rather than being contacted, which slowed down my schedule a bit for having my hair trial completed. Overall, my experience was great. I would recommend Betsy's for wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories. I did not have anything altered with this store, so I cannot review these services.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Kate E

I highly recommend Betsy Robinson's! They have the largest selection of dresses in the MD/DC/VA area and, unlike a lot of salons, they let you look through their dresses and try on the ones you want to try! I worked with Ashley G who was AMAZING! She asked all the right... Read More questions and listened to what I was looking for. She was patient, honest and provided excellent customer service. She made the experience so fun and relaxing...it was like shopping with my best friend! The first dress I tried on was THE ONE! The alteration process was a bit complicated with my dress, but Olga made sure it was perfect...and it was! I could not have asked for a better experience! Thank you Betsy Robinson's!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Stephanie S

I never write reviews, but I had such a poor experience at this salon that I truly felt compelled to. First, I showed up 5 mins early to my appointment with my entire party, and we sat around for 45 minutes without any word from anyone on staff as to how long we would have to be... Read More waiting. I finally went up to the counter and asked if we could at least look around, she rudely said "yes, but you can't touch any of the dresses". When I was finally taken into the back to try on dresses I had picked out, my group was not even given a pedestal to sit around, instead I had to walk out and look at a half covered mirror with them awkwardly standing around. I would understand if I was a walk-in why this might be the case, but I had an appointment. To make matters worse, after I tried on about 4 dresses and wasn't trilled about any, the attendant asked if I wanted to look around for any others.. I had already picked out the initial 4 dresses and described what I was looking for. I thought they were there to know the inventory and suggest options I may not have seen. I actually really liked one of the dresses I ended up trying on but was so appalled by the entire experience I didn't want to give them my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!