Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Plus Size Available, Fashion

1848 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 484-4600
INSTAGRAM

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Erika Z

The staff was very helpful in accommodating my need for a modest gown....the price, timing of the order etc was perfect!

Loved the shop, LOVE my dress

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Kate S

I'm extremely petite, so I was nervous to go dress shopping. The staff was awesome and made the experience exactly what I'd hoped for. I also really love how the boutique is set-up - they ask you your budget, and then don't even take you in the rooms with dresses priced above... Read More your price point, so the temptation to break your bank isn't a factor. The alterations were perfect too!

Wedding gown to die for!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Kristina D

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection has the highest quality wedding gowns from couture designers! I received so many compliments on my dress it was staggering. I worked personally with Maria (manager) and Betsy, and my dress fit me like a glove and had an elaborate,... Read More never-been-done before bustle. My recommendation is to make sure that you are working with a staff member who is attentive and knows what they are doing, or else you will not be as happy with the outcome.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jessica S

I booked an appointment for 1 week after my engagement. I came in and Betsy (yes, she's a real person!) helped me. I told her the style dress I was looking for and she let me pick 5. When I tried on the 5th dress I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, 'huh, I didn't... Read More think this is what I'd be hearing on my wedding day but it looks right'. Betsy saw the look on my face and said she'd be right back. She brought in one more gown and helped me into it. As soon as it was zipped up (it was one size too small so I looked sooooo skinny!) I knew it was "the one". I was totally surprised to have found my dress on the first try but so happy with the experience. I would recommend Betsy Robinson's to any bride looking to find the perfect dress.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kim D

I was referred to Betsy Robinson's by one of my friend who got their dress from there. I had a great appointment and ended up buying the first dress that tried on! It was such a suprise but also a good relief to find a perfect dress at my first appointment. My alterations went... Read More pretty smoothly. I had to come in about 4 times, since I'm very curvy they were able to get the dress to fit me well in all the right places. I was very happy with the end result and was complimented on my look all throughout the wedding! I highly recommend going to Betsy Robinsons as you can get everything done there! Even bridesmaids dresses!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelli D

My experience at Betsy Robinson's was exceptional from start to finish. I worked with Maria (who unfortunately is not there anymore) who was extremely patient, kind and knowledgeable. We tried on a variety of gowns, some to please my family but in the end she knew what looked... Read More best on my body. She helped me complete the look with a beautiful cathedral length veil that I couldn't be happier with. I worked with Paula for my alterations and she also was great. My dress required quite a few fittings and tweaks and Paula was patient throughout the whole process. Anything that I had a question about or was unhappy with, she was determined to fix. In the end, the final product was better than I expected and I'm still getting compliments on my gown. The rest of the staff was always friendly and helpful. I got my bridesmaid dresses at Betsy's as well and Kelsey was great! She was very organized and made sure all my girls ordered in time. Overall, I had an amazing experience at Betsy's and would recommend them to any engaged bride!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lucy W

I had such a great experience here. They had tons of dresses in my price range, and I found a stock dress that was just perfect. I was worried this place might be too pricey for me, but I stayed on budget and everyone was super friendly and low pressure. I can't wait to wear my... Read More gown and I highly recommend Betsy's!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Rachel G

Worst customer service experience I have had in my life! If you are looking to be treated terribly and waste hours of your time... this is your place! I scheduled my first appointment to try on bridal dresses at 2:30. Their policy is to give you a set amount of time for each... Read More appointment, but apparently don't hold anyone to that because they kept me waiting an hour! Apparently the bride before me had not yet finished, and they could not tell me when she would be done. They wanted me to continue waiting with no indication of how much longer I would be there. Why have a time limit if it doesn't really matter? I put in the time to research all the dresses I wanted to try on prior to my appointment so I could make the most of my scheduled time slot. I picked a time when three busy friends could come with me, and this experience wasted their time as well. Possibly the worst part was how flippant the team was when I told them I was leaving after waiting for an HOUR! Their response - "Ok, have a good day." They could not have cared less that we waited an hour and were planning to leave. I felt so disrespected I was almost brought to tears. I had gotten so excited to try on dresses only to be treated like I was disposable business... it was actually quite hurtful. Do yourself a favor and find a bridal boutique that cares about you and your valuable time... somewhere that will make you feel special during this wonderful time.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Tara M

STAY FAR AWAY. First of all, the customer service is terrible. The majority of the girls are extremely rude and it is amazing that they are employed in positions where it is their JOB to be personable. Most importantly though, I bought my wedding dress there and when it came in... Read More it was NOT what I had tried on. After arguing for days with staff that the dress needed to be returned, it was sent back to the manufacturer, who not surprisingly agreed with me. Even though BR staff told me they would call me as soon as they heard from the manufacturer, I had to call and email them for weeks before I got a response. Even though the manufacturer says the dress is not fixable, and even though I have already gotten a much better dress somewhere else, BR is refusing to refund my money, saying that I can use a store credit towards bridal accessories ONLY. $1,000+ on accessories? Seriously? Betsy Robinson sold a poorly made dress, the manufacturer of the dress AGREES with the customer, and they think I want to keep investing money in their shop? This is unethical and ROBBERY. If my money wasn't on the line, this would almost be laughable. Brides, there are other shops in Baltimore with much better customer service. Only go to Betsy Robinson if you enjoy being treated poorly.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Kristen K

Betsy's is absolutely the place to go for stunning dresses and wonderful customer service. I had called what felt like every store in Maryland looking for Maggie Sottero's Ettia gown. No one had it, but just when I was about to give up I called Betsy Robinson's. I ended up... Read More talking to Maria and she went out of her way to make my dreams come true. She was the only person I had talked to in my search who had offered to have the dress brought in for me. Her attention to detail, laid back style of helping me search, and overall sweetness was more than I could have ever asked for. If you're looking for THE dress and the right ladies to help this is definitely the place to go. Alterations were pretty easy and everything went well. We actually had to let my dress out as much as possible, so I'm not sure we really ordered the best size but that wasn't Maria. Overall, everyone I interacted with at Betsy's really seems to care and tries to be as helpful as possible.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Sara D

I found my dress here and had such a great appointment that day, much better than the 2 other dress shops I went to. It might have helped I went on a weekday. Future brides---take the day off work and go dress shopping on a weekday, it will be so much less crowded and... Read More stressful!! My consultant was Ashley D. and she was great! She actually picked out the dress I fell in love with, it was a different style than what I thought I would like. My original goal was to stay under $1000 for the dress + alterations. That reality was quickly changed and I ended up spending $1100 on the dress and $650 on alterations. So if you are reeeeally looking to stay under $1000 this store probably isn't for you. I didn't anticipate alterations to be so expensive, and I was in a bit of a time crunch so I didn't get quotes from other alterations places. I think the alterations were somewhat fairly priced as I did have to get a lot done to the dress due to the nature of it and the fact I am petite and the dress did not come in petite. Alterations included hemming, shortening shoulder straps, pulling up waist, 11 bustle points, sides all the way down, run stitches, and tacking on a sash. The most frustrating thing I found with alterations was they wouldn't give me an estimate ahead of time, claiming it depended on the dress, even though I found out later that hemming is always the same price. I would have liked to known the prices for different alterations ahead of time because I did know without even trying on the dress (as the sample size was the size I ordered) that I would need hemming, waist, and strap adjustments. I also did run into some confusion/communication issues with them when I had to call multiple times to figure out when my dress would arrive and the answer kept changing each time I called. It eventually got sorted out thankfully. Overall it was a positive experience, and would have been less stressful if I wasn't so budget conscious!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016

I went into Betsy Robinsons this week with a budget of $1700 my goal was to spend no more than $3000. I met with my consultant Mary who was very sweet, suggestive and a pleasure to work with it was like she knew me better than I knew myself because it got to the point I let her... Read More pick every dress I tried on. I told Mary my dream designer was Galia Lahav understanding Galia is over my budget Mary suggested I didn't try her on which I really respect because she's not like some sales associates who push push push she was really respectful of my budget I told Mary let me try on anyways I fell in love with one so Mary jacked me up. I knew I couldn't afford this $12,000 but Mary said hold on I don't know where she went but she came back and told me she could sell me the dress over my budget but not $12,000 I knew in my heart galia was my dream designer and I bought my dress! Not only was I not pressured but Mary went above, beyond and out her way for me to make sure I ended up with my dream truly making it a reality! I would suggest Mary to anyone her customer service is outstanding! She's very honest and treated me like a queen I want to pack her up and take her to the Bahamas with me September 2017.

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Megan J

Although I ended up finding a dress at another salon, I had an absolutely wonderful appointment with Jessica. She was so helpful in guiding me through my first ever appointment. Jessica was gracious enough to help me buy a veil that I had found during my appointment with her to... Read More match the dress I bought (even though I felt like a jerk bringing in a dress I didn't purchase from her!), and made me feel really great. The entire staff of Betsy Robinson was very friendly, and I'm so excited to wear the perfect veil!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016

I don't understand how everyone recommends this place or rates it so highly. Granted, I was paired up with Mary, who at least one other reviewer has complained about. She was cold, aloof, seemed bored and annoyed that she had to be there. She didn't suggest ANYTHING for me to... Read More try on. And would only let me try on about 5 dresses in total. She said that more than that was too overwhelming. Wow. I had no idea what I was looking for; I needed to see a lot, not a little. Also, most of their dresses didn't even come close to fitting me. And I'm 5'10'' and a size 12. So while I guess compared to most women I am plus size and ginormous, in reality, I am not that huge! But when nothing fit, and I realized that I was going to have to spend thousands of dollars on a gown that I couldn't even try on, after being treated like an annoyance, needless to say, I left in tears. It was a very traumatic experience, actually, especially considering my fiance is the one who wants this big wedding - not me. But I assumed that Mary treated me as badly as she did because I came by myself, without an entourage - I am just not that self-absorbed to need other people looking at me trying on dresses, I guess. But based on the reviews, I see that I am not the only one who experienced very poor and rude service, and I ended up going elsewhere. I was treated so well at the Columbia Bridal Boutique. It was amazing. And I don't even think that it was because I told the consultant who helped me out how awful my experience at Betsy's was. She genuinely seemed to love her job and want to help brides find the right dress. And every dress I picked except for one fit! So I guess this is the place for us plus size gals.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Dalia A

My bridesmaids ordered their dresses from here. The only positive aspect of this store is that they have a great selection of bridesmaids gowns to choose from. I refrain from giving them a full 5 stars because I was sorely disappointed with the customer service. The day we went... Read More for our initial consultation the representative was not helpful AT ALL and she was not that nice either. But it was a busy day and I figured she might be stressed out so I decided to let it go. However, when I went back with my MOH the lady who did the fitting was downright rude and unprofessional. This is a premier bridal boutique in the Baltimore area and I really expected better service from the staff. If it wouldn't have been a hassle at that point to find another store and go get fitted again I would have cancelled my order with them.

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Julia D

I had a wonderful experience buying my dress and veil from Betsy Robinson, as well as having them do all my alterations. From the minute you walk through the door, the ladies at Betsy Robinson make you feel very special and are very excited to help you find your dream dress.... Read More They listen to your desires and find you wonderful options, but they also give input and encourage some sampling which is lots of fun. The dressing rooms are large and lovely (as opposed to some of the tiny closet changing rooms at other salons), and I never got the impression of being rushed or pressured into making a purchase. The alteration process was GREAT, and their seamstresses are EXTREMELY talented. They fit my dress to me beautifully and had no problem making several rounds of changes until every detail was perfect. All in all, I am VERY satisfied with my experience, and I would (and do!) recommend them highly!

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Abby O

I was very excited about my appointment at Betsy Robinson's because of the high ratings and large selection of designers. I was unimpressed from the start because my appointment started a half hour late. Once I finally got a consultant, I very disappointed because my... Read More consultant, Mary, was very uninterested in helping me. I told her I was interested in trying a particular dress on and she told me that they did not have a sample. I later found the sample on the rack. I also told Mary upfront that I was fairly certain I had found my dress at an appointment I had earlier in the day. I was expecting her to try to top the dress, but instead she didn't try to find dresses that I wanted to try on. The only time she made an effort in my appointment was to try to see if she could order the dress that I said I loved from the previous salon. Based on this experience, I will be purchasing my dress elsewhere.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Emma O

When I first bought the dress my experience was great then I faced some unexpected medical weight gain. The doctors can't not figure out what is wrong and Betsy's solution is to buy a brand new dress and shell out ANOTHER $3000 for a dress or better yet they showed me $6000... Read More dresses! They would not give me any credits or exchange the dress because it had been in the store too long even though they recommended I order early to guarantee the dress be there on time.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Katy B

I had a terrible experience with this shop and sincerely regret purchasing my wedding gown from here. First, the day that I placed my order, I was told that because of the way my dress was designed, it was necessary for the designer to do the hollow to hem, and I was charged... Read More an additional $200 for this to be done. A few days later, I got a message saying that my wedding was too close for the designer to do the hollow to hem and they would need to do the alterations in-house. However, they placed the order without checking to make sure this was ok with me. They also said that they would charge $250 to do the same alteration. When I said that was unacceptable, they eventually agreed to hem the dress for $200, though it was obvious the dress had been hemmed. When I went in for my first fitting (I had to go for SIX in total- and waited for up to 45 minutes at one before they even brought me back to try on my dress) they then pressured me in to buying a bra, even thought I insisted it was too big. They said, "that is just how these bras fit- it's the right size." After charging me for multiple alterations to the bra, the finally agreed to swap it out for on that was a slightly better fit (they didn't have my actual size); however, I was never refunded for the alterations. The biggest issue I had however, was that when the dress arrived, it was several sizes too big up top, despite the fact that my weight had not fluctuated since I ordered it. As a result, it needed to be taken in. When it was taken in, the seam was not sewn in straight, which created a large wrinkle across my torso. I went back three times to have this corrected, and it never was. Rather than addressing my concerns with the way the dress looked, the associates helping me were focused on trying to sell me jewelry to go with my dress, even when I told them I wasn't interested. My last fitting was 2 days before my wedding and the wrinkle was still there. A seamstress came to look at it and said it was an easy fix and there was no need to try it on again before my wedding. Given that they refused to let me try the dress on and pick it up the same day, I did not really have much choice but to trust her. However, when I put my dress on on my wedding day, the wrinkle was still there and even worse than it was previously. It is completely obvious in all of my wedding photos. I sent three emails, with photos, detailing my experience to Betsy Robinson and asking for a response; however, all were ignored. This is probably the worst customer service experience I have ever had, and I do not recommend this shop to anyone.

Beautiful Dress

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Rebecca H

Loved my wedding dress. I thought that for the most part Betsy Robinson's was great, but sometimes I wasn't sure what was going on with the alterations (they weren't always clear when answering questions), and my wedding dress had a bit of an odd chemical smell when I picked it... Read More up 2 days before my wedding.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Alison C

Such a great experience! Ashley who sold the dress was so easy going and helpful - loved having her help me find my gown! I also worked with Mary - who was fantastic - and Olga who made sure the dress fit perfectly. The entire staff was awesome and I can't thank them all... Read More enough!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Amanda H

Every single step of selecting and purchasing my gown was so much fun. The consultants know exactly what they are talking about - trust their opinions when you ask for honest feedback. I tried on maybe 10 dresses, loved all of them, and selected the one I loved most - all in... Read More about an hour. I didn't feel rushed, I just knew that I had found my dress. It happened to be a trunk show for Allure that day, so we paid much less than we had expected to. We made up for it later with a custom veil and custom made earrings - totally worth it! When it came time for the fittings, the seamstress worked with me to make the dress fit perfectly. Overall, excellent selection, service and atmosphere. Thank you Betsy Robinson's for the wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Emily K

The team at Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection was absolutely wonderful. From the first time I walked in to the salon to try on wedding dresses to the week before our wedding I had an amazing experience. They made sure the dress fit exactly how it was supposed to and final... Read More alterations were being completed the week of the wedding to make sure the dress fit perfectly! I loved my Watters Bridal wedding dress. I received so many compliments! Thanks again Betsy Robinson's Bridal!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Katie P

When I started the hunt for a wedding dress I was a bit overwhelmed, especially being new to the area. I took the time to narrow down to a few brands I liked, looked what boutiques in the area had a majority of the brands and ultimately headed to Betsy Robinson’s. My consultant... Read More was so helpful in pulling dresses in the same style I wanted, but also pulled a few wildcards (per my request). I felt that she really had an understanding of what I wanted and I was in the tough position of having to choose between two strong contenders. Throughout my appointment I never felt rushed and really appreciated her opinion. I looked at one other boutique, but their selection for the style I wanted didn’t even compare. I ended up heading back to Betsy Robinson’s, choosing the Persiphone by WTOO (Watters) and couldn’t have been happier with my decision. I did my alterations at Betsy Robinson’s and they did a fantastic job. There was one hiccup where the seamstress sewed the straps together incorrectly, but was nothing that wasn’t easily fixable. The overall budget for alterations was within what my consultant had estimated (in the $400-$600 range). If you want your dress to fit like a glove, you have to pay custom prices and not sure why many people are so surprised with the cost of alterations. In my case I had custom beading that I wanted somebody to take the time and detail to alter and not rush through it. Overall I couldn’t have been happier with Betsy Robinson’s and would definitely recommend them for future brides!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Megan

I had such a great experience finding my wedding dress at Betsy Robinson! My consultant was Ruth, and she was awesome! Super helpful at finding flattering styles and just made the whole process so positive and fun! Looking forward to bridesmaid dress shopping there in the near... Read More future!

Start a Conversation!