Betsy Robinson's–over 60 years of superior service

Betsy Robinson’s Bridal Collection boasts a comprehensive selection of gowns in every price range, with many lines exclusive in Baltimore/Washington. Your consultant will be among the finest anywhere, whose knowledge, expertise, and quality of service have been recognized industry-wide for many years.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Plus Size Available, Fashion

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

1848 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 484-4600

Excellent service!

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Erika Z

The staff was very helpful in accommodating my need for a modest gown....the price, timing of the order etc was perfect!

Loved the shop, LOVE my dress

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Kate S

I'm extremely petite, so I was nervous to go dress shopping. The staff was awesome and made the experience exactly what I'd hoped for. I also really love how the boutique is set-up - they ask you your budget, and then don't even take you in the rooms with dresses priced above... Read More your price point, so the temptation to break your bank isn't a factor. The alterations were perfect too!

Wedding gown to die for!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Kristina D

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection has the highest quality wedding gowns from couture designers! I received so many compliments on my dress it was staggering. I worked personally with Maria (manager) and Betsy, and my dress fit me like a glove and had an elaborate,... Read More never-been-done before bustle. My recommendation is to make sure that you are working with a staff member who is attentive and knows what they are doing, or else you will not be as happy with the outcome.

Reviewed on 3/23/2018 Kristin P

Beyond horrible experience with this salon. I would never recommenced anyone to this shop. See below for email/complaint sent to their manager about our experience.... To whom it may concern, I was in your shop on Saturday with my friend as she was shopping for her wedding... Read More gown. I wanted to let you know how incredibly disappointing, and frankly unprofessional, our experience was. Our appointment was scheduled for 3:45pm, we were finally called back at 4:10, and started our appointment with Brian. Brian informed us that we would be working with Tiffany, but he took note of all of the things that would be important for the appointment. Tiffany never came to introduce herself to our group, and things deteriorated from there. I'd like to point out that prior to this appointment, we had two other lovely experiences at other boutiques, in which the consultants were friendly, engaged and helpful. Our first issue with Tiffany, came when she forced the bride to try on all dresses with a pair of thick black leggings on since she did not have on the correct underwear. This can't be the first time a woman has arrived with the wrong under garments on. As you can imagine, trying on white dresses with black leggings underneath, doesn't really create the best look. Perhaps the biggest issue with Tiffany was the fact that she body shamed the bride in every dress she put on. It is common knowledge that sample sizes at bridal boutiques are not intended to fit every bride who comes through the door. However, how rude of a consultant to repeatedly point out that a dress doesn't fit or isn't the brides size...we know that already! Tiffany would explicitly say "that dress is too small for you"....are you kidding me? There is absolutely no need to continue to point out how something doesn't fit properly. Furthermore, our friend told us that Tiffany didn't speak a word to her in the dressing room, and would completely dismiss a dress if she didn't think our friend could get into it. We observed the consultant in the appointment next to ours being warm and friendly with her bride. Bringing over different accessories that helped the bride envision what the dress might look like on her wedding day. Not Tiffany. There was little to no interaction with her, and she most certainly didn't try to make the bride feel beautiful. One would think that a bridal salon would want their customers to leave feeling great about their experience, and want to come back to finally purchase their gown from you. I can assure you that our bride will not be back in to your store or give you any business at all. In hindsight, we should have listened to our friends who have visited your shop in the past as well as the online reviews of your store, as nearly all of them point out terrible customer service.

Reviewed on 3/16/2018 Meghan J

I had the greatest experience at Betsy Robinson. I worked with Jessica who took the time to figure out what style of dress fit me the best and then brought me the most amazing dress. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 2/22/2018 Samantha E

If I could give no stars I would. The dress I bought was different than the sample. When I showed them the pictures of the sample vs the actual dress I was told the sample was altered and with alterations my dress could be the same. When the seamstress came over it turned out... Read More alterations were going to be $500-600. Alterations they knew would have had to be made but no one told me before buying the dress. When I was clearly upset about the process they said it was my dress and there was nothing they would do. They kept asking me "so what would you like to do?" Which I thought was rude since they had literally given me zero options but to pay for the dress and take it. When they say deposit it's just an initial payment on the dress. When I said I didn't want to pay the rest they said I had to because I signed the contract. I think this and the entire wedding dress market is insane. They have the customer volume to push dresses but instead insist you have to take the dress and try to sell it on your own which is basically impossible. Walking out I felt sick to my stomach and thought I was going to puke. They let me try on other dresses and then were pushy about the "amazing" deal I would be given on the second dress. Well the second dress was twice the price of the first and they offered 15% off. Thanks a lot. I literally felt dirty walking out having been violated and taken advantage of. $1425 later I have a dress I'm never going to wear and am six months away from my wedding with no dress. They could care less. In addition to all of this I tried to cancel the order a month after ordering it (they said it would take seven months for the dress to come in) they offered no help and said you're stuck with it. Not even willing to check with the designer to see if the order had been processed yet. DO NOT BUY HERE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL. ALL YOU ARE IS MONEY. it's disgusting. They are the Harvey Weinstein of the wedding dress industry.

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Marah S

I will be recommending Betsy Robinson to everyone I know getting married. I went over Labor Day weekend and worked with the stylist Ashleigh. I had a whole entourage with me and it was my first time dress shopping but Ashleigh focused on me and my opinion to help me find the... Read More absolute perfect dress. My wedding was December 29 of the next year and Ashleigh helped me create a dress perfect for the time of year and a style that I loved and went perfect with my wedding theme. The dress I ended up with was totally different than I thought I wanted but I loved it and received so many compliments. I chose a Justin Alexander strapless trumpet satin gown with a sweetheart neckline but added a lace long sleeve bolero (that I took off for the reception) and a bedazzled belt. It was so fun to create the dress and Ashleigh chose all of the different elements herself. The sleeves were a modest touch for the ceremony but so elegant and classy but then I could dance all night at the reception after I took them off. Ashleigh was so patient and so kind and made my experience truly memorable. The entire staff at Betsy’s was so accommodating every time I visited. I ended up buying my bridesmaid dresses from there as well (Sorella Vita long gold sequin dresses in various styles) and they were beyond stunning.

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Elizabeth L

I had such a disappointing experience at Betsy Robinson. I bought a dress in January 2017, for my October 2017 wedding. My first appointment was decent, Ashley, the sales associate was helpful and attentive, though I brought a bunch of pictures with names and dress numbers and... Read More she only pulled two for me. However, like others have stated, once you write that check, they go radio-silent on you and the service/communication is TERRIBLE! Due to unfortunate circumstances, my FH had to postpone our wedding to this coming May (2018). In the meantime, my dress came in, and I was told to come in for a "visit." Much to my surprise, the dress was NOTHING like the sample I tried on. It was heavier with more tulle on the bottom, the sleeves fit very wonky, the fit and flare portion on the dress looked more like an a-line. Also, the sweetheart neckline looked like 80's Madonna cones, and the back, which is what originally sold it for me, was cut way higher than the sample gown and did my backside no favors. I called the salon and spoke with Ashley who was my original consultant and she was less than helpful to say the least. I told her how the dress was going to be too heavy for a now Spring wedding, as well as my concerns about how the ordered dress didn't look, fit, or feel like the sample did. She flat-out dismissed my concerns, told me it's final sale and I can't return it (duh I never asked if I could), nor could I exchange it, that my concerns were nothing and the seamstress could work with me (not sure she'd be able to actually get the back like the sample was), and that MAYBE they would give me a small discount on a new gown, or provide me some consignment websites I could sell my dress on...I never got those sites. I asked if I could speak to a manager to get more information and was promised one would call me back. Never happened. I called a few more times and was only able to leave messages with the receptionist about having someone call me back. It's already a stressful enough time for a bride, instead of feeling beautiful in my gown and feeling like the service was worth the time traveling to the salon and the money I paid, I was left feeling ignored, dismissed, and very underwhelmed. As if the service and communication wasn't bad enough, the salon itself lacks that bridal boutique vibe, and instead has a worn and cheap feel to it. There are many other salons in the DC-metro area with the same designers (if not more), better accessory choices, a more polished environment, and stand-out service that this salon lacks. I highly suggest other brides who appreciate quality service with the expense dresses can cost, to go elsewhere.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Jacqueline F

I shopped around at several dress shops before coming to Betsy Robinson's. I fell in love with so many dresses in this store! Not only was the staff specifically Kim and Jessica incredible to work with, but the selection of dresses at the other shops doesn't even compare to the... Read More selection at Betsy Robinson's. We also purchased our bridesmaid dresses from here because they were so easy to work with and had the color we were looking for!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Teal S

Absolutely terrible experience. The consultant talked over me when I tried to tell her what I was looking for and didn't pull a SINGLE dress for me. Instead, she insisted I wander the store myself and only when I had done a loop with nothing did she suggest my bridesmaids also... Read More help. She stood at the edge of each rack staring at us while we went through dresses, but never asked what I was liking or not liking. I thought I was going to leave without trying anything on! She even tried to get me to order a dress that I'd liked elsewhere through her so she could get the commission! Absolutely not. She rushed my bridesmaids out and didn't even greet or acknowledge my family members that were at the appointment. Horrible, horrible experience.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Danielle D

I️ have had amazing experiences with Betsy Robinson Bridal! They were so helpful when looking for my dress, even when I had no idea what I wanted. The consultant listened to me and found the perfect dress. I just went back to look for bridesmaids dresses and found I️t very easy... Read More to find what I was looking for. I would 100% recommend to other couples!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Tiffany L

I found my dream dress at Betsy Robinson's! The consultant, Kim, was amazing! I had no clue what I wanted at first, but she helped me narrow down hundreds of dresses until I found the one. Everyone I came in contact with from the front desk staff to the people in alterations... Read More were so accommodating and helpful. I would definitely recommend Betsy Robinson's Bridal to anyone looking to find their dream dress.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Michelle C

Unless you are a perfect stick with no curves, look somewhere else because this store does not have large enough sample sizes to accommodate non-plus size but curvy brides looking for wedding dresses. They have a very limited selection of sample dresses that can fit curvy... Read More brides. Try another store!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Chris H

This is by far the best bridal salon in the Baltimore area. I visited about 5 total, and none other compare. The staff are absolutely amazing! Welcoming at the front desk, and I never felt pressured while trying dresses on. The facility itself is large, clean, and there are tons... Read More of dress options. I also bought a halo piece, and veil that I was very happy with. The woman who helped me in January pick out my dress recognized me immediately when I walked in to pick up my dress 10 months later in October. It was a refreshing, easy experience and I would recommend Betsy Robinson to ALL brides =)

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Amy K

Even after ordering/paying for a dress from Betsy Robinson Bridal and not being sure of it for a few days - I emailed the wonderful employee I was working with (Kim) and she made me feel 100x better by inviting me to come back and try on more dresses - as she was going to work... Read More with me until I found a dress I loved. When I went back, I was somewhat embarrassed but Kim made me feel at ease and we jumped right into it. I finally found a dress I loved and Kim and all the employees were so welcoming and helpful - I truly enjoyed my experience here. After finding the right dress, I finalized my fittings at Betsy and they were very easy and the staff was helpful. I didn't feel rushed at all through the fittings. When I came to pick my dress up the week of the wedding - I was actually kind of sad I wouldn't be coming back again for my wedding! The employees were so friendly and really made it a pleasant experience. There was never any pressure to buy anything, they had great recommendations, and could understand what I wanted (even when I couldn't put it into words). I would recommend Betsy based on the great dress selection, but more so because of their staff and how amazing they made me feel. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Amelia W

Overall my experience was good. I loved my dress, scheduling was easy, and staff was very nice. Alterations were also done well. However, I had sleeves put on my dress and the price came to 3x more than my quotes price. Additionally, the seamstress originally said she would just... Read More make sleeves out of the illusion mesh fabric and then together we would put the lace cutouts onto the sleeves and pin them at my next fitting. When I arrived to my next fitting, she had sewn the sleeves on, lace and all and I did not love the design but there was nothing I could do at that point. It was frustrating to pay 3x the expected price for something I barely had a say in and did not end up loving.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Brystle P

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection was the first place I looked at for a wedding dress. They have such a large inventory of dresses that I didn't have to look any further! Everyone that works there is very pleasant and helpful. The fittings went smoothly and they were on top... Read More of everything! Even when it was three days before my wedding day and I lost some weight and needed a little bit more taken in, they were able to accommodate me at such a last minute. They don't pressure you to buy anything and show you many options so that you find exactly what works best for you. If you are a new bride looking for a dress, I definitely recommend going to Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Amy M

The shopping experience the Betsy Robinson was amazing. I worked with Ashley who was fantastic-- funny, listened to me, but also brought additional dresses I may not have thought of. The ladies I worked with for dress fittings, and the seamstress were wonderful. During some... Read More appointments there was approximately an hour wait until a staff person was available (however this totally could have been out of their control). Overall the experience was great, and I would highly recommend Betsy Robinson!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jennifer F

So let me start by saying I love my dress and they did do a good job on listening to my wants and picking the right one for me and that is the only reason I gave them 2 instead of 1 star. This is where the good ends in this review. I have 3 sisters and I would never recommend... Read More this place to them because of the headaches they caused. To start, the process is was very business like a not at all the fairytale experience. I was shoved in a room with my 3 sisters and mom when choosing. When I decided on the dress, there was no bell, no excitement all there was, was the sales woman telling me to go pay for it. Second they wanted me to buy 2 sizes bigger then one I tried on when it was only a tad tight in my legs. We compromised with just 1 size because they told me they were the experts. A week later I had regrets and told them I wanted the size I tried on because I know my body and I would be losing weight. They told me that is what everyone says and they refused to change the size. I called them 2 more times and it was a firm no each time. Fast forward to the fitting process. I get the dress and try it on and i am swimming in it and I only had lost 5 pounds. They tell me it is going to be over $700 because they have so much work to do. I also ask them for a good veil with it. So the manager puts one on me and I loved it and said to add it to the bill, until I find out it is over $800. Who would pay that much for a piece of tulle when that is almost the cost of my dress. Second fitting, I try on the dress; and it looks a mess, it is no longer centered and the top does fit me at all (still big). Final fitting everything looked fine so I took it home. At the wedding, the bustling completely fell apart and my dress was dragging. This was the worst experience and some of the worst customer service. Do not buy your dress there and if you do, do not get it altered with them. They are money hungry and incompetent.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Kaitlyn M

Ashley did a great job helping me find my perfect dress. I am not the smallest girl in the world and this salon had a significant selection that fit my body type.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Carly D

Everyone was so helpful and they make you feel extra special when picking out your dress! I even got my dress for a STEAL! I recommend shopping the sample sale, you get your dress as is but it's so much cheaper and just as beautiful as if you got it custom ordered. Although... Read More we had to go elsewhere for alterations, it was definitely worth it! I highly recommend Betsy Robinson's Bridal collection, everyone there is wonderful.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Brigitte H

Loved my gown from Betsy Robinson! Their dress selection was wonderful. They were very helpful and professional at every appointment for each step of the process. The tailoring on my gown was just perfect and many guests at our wedding commented on how the dress looked made for... Read More me. I would highly recommend this bridal shop!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Alyssa F

I had a wonderful experience using Betsy Robinson to find my bridal gown and for my gown alterations. My consultant helped me pick out a variety of styles of dresses before narrowing down to the one I picked - which was perfect. The top of my dress was beaded and very delicate.... Read More Every time I went in for a fitting, the consultants were very careful with the dress which I appreciated! The seamstress took all my concerns about the dress and made it fit perfectly! The only feedback I have is the long wait time for appointments. Even though I had an appointment for a fitting, at times I had to wait 1 hour to see the seamstress. It wasn't terrible since I know the seamstress provided detailed attention to all the dresses. I would recommend Betsy for your wedding dress!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Racheal M

Had the best experience at Betsy Robinson. There was a little mix up with my appointment date, but Rose happened to come in an hour early the date I thought my appointment was and still assist me in finding that perfect dress I was looking for. I found an amazing dress, Blue by... Read More Enzoani, Inverness, which was a perfect fit for my garden wedding. Since I am on the shorter side, I added a beautiful belt that complement the dress very nicely. Once the dress came in, Rachel was able to assist me with the fitting appointments. I can not remember the seamstress' name but she was so nice and did a fabulous job and making the dress fit my body type. I got so many complements on my dress the day of the wedding, that it made all the little crazy unforeseen things that happened the day of disappear. Thank you Betsy Robinson!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Olivia C

Betsy Robinson's Bridal Collection was wonderful to work with. My initial consultant, Jessica, was AMAZING and truly made the whole experience worth it. I had two dresses I liked and we had approval to take one dress, cut the top off and create a new top since I didn't like... Read More the top of it. When I got the dress in and tried it on, the seamstress worked with me to rearrange the top of my dress without totally tearing off the whole top and starting from scratch. I ended up wanting to put it back to the way it was originally after 2-3 appointments, and they were very understanding and gave me the dress of my dreams. My only poor experience with them was when I came back to get bridesmaids dresses - the consultant was very standoffish and rude, not offering assistance or much help. I brought this concern up to the head of the bridesmaid department and she took care of it for me. Overall I am very pleased with my experience and would happily choose Betsy Robinson's again!! Thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful bride ever.