Cheshire's Premier Bridal Salon

Bliss Bridal is a boutique style, full-service bridal salon in the heart of downtown Cheshire. Our body positive approach focuses on making every bride look and feel like the best version of herself, serving all brides sizes 00-44. Our exquisite, hand selected collection of gowns is accompanied by personalized attention in a luxurious, low pressure atmosphere.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion

242 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT (203) 250-3390

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Melissa C

Bliss Bridal is one of those rare gems that you hope to find when you start searching for your wedding gown. After having a disappointing experience at another local bridal shop, I figured I would give Bliss a try. I had not heard anything about it before, but I was really... Read More impressed with their website. During my first visit, Jess helped me pick out my wedding gown. She listened to what I was looking for in a dress and offered really good suggestions for what I would look good in. She also asked many questions about the wedding itself, and how I wanted my dress to fit into the overall look of the event. She was really interested in what I was saying, and I never got the sense that she was just trying to make a sale. I loved the fact that they let you look through the dresses and tag the items you would like to try on. After having such a positive experience with my wedding gown, it made the most sense to get the bridesmaids dresses, the mother of the occasion dress, and all of the tuxedos from Bliss. All of these looked absolutely stunning on our wedding day! From start to finish, I was impressed with every aspect of my dealings with Bliss. I mainly worked with Raquel, Shannon, and Jess. These ladies are professional, compassionate, and kind to the core. I have already recommended Bliss Bridal to everyone I know that is getting married, and I will continue to do so!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Raquel B

I have been married now almost 7 months and I can not stop raving about how incredible Bliss Bridal is. Every bride deserves to have an experience like the one they provide. When I begin my wedding dress seach, I visited Bliss Bridal with my bridesmaids, my mother and future... Read More mother in law. The boutique was beauiful with a great selection of gorgeous wedding gowns and also offered that warm charm that makes you feel at ease. Jessica was impeccable! She was very sweet, friendly, and patient. She asked a lot of questions to get to know me, my venue, and the way I envisioned my wedding day. The layout is such that you feel quite private with your group and you don't feel like you are competing for space.What I absolutely loved most was that Jessica was very attentive and showed me dresses that I had picked out and then as I told her what I loved and didn't love so much about each dress she listened and brought a new one that narrowed down what I was looking for. She was never pushy and only encouraged me to be super honest with her. She truly only cared about me finding the dress of my dreams. I felt like she was on my side the entire time and she really helped ease my nerves.I tried on about 6 different dresses and was able to narrow it down. This second appointment was no different, and Jessica still made me feel special in every way. She placed both dresses next to each other so I could see what I loved about each dress and explained any options I had to alter which ever dress I picked so that I could have everything I wanted. I found exactly what I was looking for and I was able to say yes to the dress! I never thought I would say this, but I truly felt like the most beautiful bride! Fast forward a few months out from our wedding. I went for another appointment where they helped me find a beautiful veil and accesories to pair with my dress. Joyce in alterations was so wonderful. She truly is a master at her craft. Everything from bridesmaids to my dress was perfect and I could not have asked for a better experience in the wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Jennifer N

Great experience from beginning to end. Staff is exceptional and the variety for plus size gowns was fantastic! I loved them so much, I used them for my bridesmaid dresses as well :) Bridal dress alterations were fantastic, timely and done with incredible expertise and... Read More professionalism. The dress fit PERFECTLY and was absolutely gorgeous on the big day! Love this place!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Rachel F

Bliss Bridal is everything a girl could hope for when searching for her wedding gown! First of all, the staff are the friendliest bunch of people I've ever met. They are so sweet and bubbly and you genuinely feel that they are just as excited about you finding your dress as you... Read More are. One of my favorite things about the experience was that they allow you, and whoever you bring with you, to walk around and pick out dresses. Bliss has an amazing selection, but will not make you feel overwhelmed. The dressing rooms are huge and private creating a really comfortable experience. Macanna was incredible to work with and helped to make my experience one I will never forget! I also met one of the owners and it was evident how much she cares about her customers! The whole process from picking out my dress, to alterations, to picking up my dress went so smoothly. I highly recommend Bliss Bridal to anyone looking for a dress!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Serina S

Bliss Bridal is everything I could have imagined and more! Each and every employee is absolutely incredible, and made my shopping the best experience! They were able to tailor the whole process to my opinions and needs, and were so fun to work with. Each step of the process from... Read More finding the dress to fittings to alterations was easy and an absolute pleasure. I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jacquelyn Z

I wish I could give bliss bridal 10 stars! They made dress shopping fun, easy, and an experience I will never forget! Not only did I find my dress at bliss bridal, but my mom, who is in a wheelchair, found her dress there as well. They were so accommodating; they not only moved... Read More things around for us at the salon, but they held all of our appointments on their first level (not where they normally do mother of the bride appointments). As soon as you walk in, they treat you as if they’ve known you for years. They are a salon that truly cares about their clients and about finding that perfect dress to make your wedding day everything you’ve ever dreamed of! I will recommend bliss bridal to everyone I know in need of finding a wedding dress.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Grace A

Everyone at Bliss Bridal was amazing. They were helpful, knowledgeable and most of all overwhelmingly friendly. I found my perfect dress and they made the ordering and alterations time schedules for fittings and picking up my dress a breeze. Every interaction I had with them... Read More was great and my dress was perfectly customized for me and I got so many compliments on it. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Leigh S

I found bliss bridal on a whim when I was looking for bridal shops. I live north of Hartford, and I read a few nice reviews and saw they were having a trunk show for Essense gowns so I thought I would check it out. The shop was amazing - the staff has turned an older house into... Read More a bridal shop. The ladies who run the store are so friendly and nice. When we arrived for our appointment there was a board with my name on it welcoming me to the shop. They let us look through the gowns and pick ones I wanted to try on, and then as we went through gowns they helped bring more gowns. They were so nice and the prices were very reasonable for the gowns. I bought my essense dress there and from first appointment all the way through the fittings, the shop was just wonderful to work with. We also bought our bridesmaids dresses there and had such a great time. They have a room upstairs which they reserve completely for you and there were about 10 of us there and they let us try on as many dresses as we wanted and bring champagne. I also had my wedding gown tailored there and Blanca did such an amazing job for such a reasonable price. I would highly highly recommend Bliss for all your wedding dress needs!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lauren B

I am so glad I got my brida gown at Bliss Bridal. Jess and her team were so happy, welcoming, and helpful; they truly shared in your excitement! Shopping for a dress can be stressful, but Bliss Bridal made sure to take the stress out of everything they could. My gown was... Read More beautiful the day of my wedding and I couldn't have imagined anything more perfect. I would recommend Bliss Bridal to all of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 kelly w

Very pleased!!!!!! So friendly and helpful. Thank you for helping me find my dream dress.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Courtney B

I cannot say enough amazing things about Bliss Bridal. Jess was just amazing! I had picked out another dress at a different place that I was unsure of. I showed the picture to Jess and told her what I didn't like about the dress. She was able to tell me why I was having those... Read More difficulties and pick out a dress that was perfect for my body shape (short & curvy). This was the dress of my dreams. I couldn't have picked a better dress ever! I am, however, someone who impulse buys and she was not pushy at all when I said I needed to think about it. The whole process at Bliss was comfortable and easy. They also did my alterations there and Lee did such a perfect job. I will always remember my husband crying as I walked down the aisle. He actually said, "I couldn't have picked a better dress for you. It was perfect." I recommend Bliss to EVERYONE!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Jordan C

I can't rave about my experience enough! I found my dress in 20 minutes thanks to the staff going ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty. I found a dress I loved from a designer they carried, but the dress was not at the store. They called the designer, secured the dress to be sent... Read More specifically for my appointment, and it was love at first sight. I never felt pressured to buy anything even after I knew I loved the dress. It was a great special day.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Jackie M

Going to Bliss Bridal for my wedding dress was the best experience I could have asked for, and a big part of that has to do with their amazing staff, especially Jess. I was a little nervous starting my dress search. I am definitely not the most confident person, nor the... Read More girliest, so I was nervous about the idea of finding a dress that I was actually going to love and feel comfortable in. However, Jess immediately put me at ease and had me enjoying the entire experience. She is the absolute sweetest, nicest person and provided the perfect balance of helping me figure out what type of dress I wanted while not being pushy or persuasive. We were able to look through all of the dresses and tag the ones I wanted to try on, and Jess also picked out a couple as well just to show different styles that I may not have initially picked, but ended up looking great with my body shape. She also never once pressured me to make a decision and was very patient with my indecisiveness. To be honest, I didn't order my wedding dress at my first appointment. I had another appointment already made at a different bridal store afterward and wanted to go to make sure the dress I liked was really "the one". They other store was no comparison, though. The other store actually had my wedding dress as well, and I ended up driving all the way back to Bliss Bridal just to order it from them because of how amazing they are. The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the alterations. I believe that the alterations department is technically considered separate from the store, but they are the recommended alterations team and the alterations were done at the store's location. It was a nightmare. I felt so good when my dress first came in and I had the initial meeting with the seamstress. However, when I went for my final fitting, 3 weeks before my wedding, the dress looked AWFUL. When she put the bustle up, the front and back of the dress were even, while the sides were at least 6 inches longer, clumped up and dragging on the floor. How does that even happen? It looked so bad. And since I live in Boston, and it was so close to the wedding, I had no way of making another fitting appointment. I had to just pray that when I picked up my dress the day before my wedding, that it was all fixed. Fortunately, when I picked up the dress, it was a lot better and a lot more even along the bottom, but the added stress it put on up to that day was not helpful. Also, the bustle was not made well at all. I had mentioned my nervousness regarding the bustle to the seamstress before because it seemed like the dress was pulling where the bustle buttons were and wasn't going to hold the dress; however, she ignored my concern and just kept saying it was fine. The bustle barely made it through my first dance before it broke and wouldn't stay up the rest of the night, causing me to have to carry it around all evening. This is in no way me saying anyone should stay away from Bliss Bridal. I would still 100% tell everyone there is no better place to get your wedding dress from, just make sure to go somewhere else for your alterations!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Brenna J

My bridesmaids and I had a great experience at Bliss Bridal. I accidentally booked a bridal appointment instead of bridesmaids, but they just rolled with it and were able to accommodate us. Our rep was amazing - so helpful, honest with advice and really listened to what we... Read More wanted. She helped us find a line of dresses that looked great on everyone. The dresses came in ahead of schedule! Customer service is A+. My only wish is that they offered bridesmaid tailoring on site so that my girls could all have gone there and had the same level of service they got when buying their dresses.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Mikayla T

Macanna took the stress out of accessory shopping and made it so easy and fun! I had actually "accidentally" found my dream Allure wedding dress at a sample sale 2 years before my wedding (3 year engagement), so by the time I got around to making an accessory appointment 1 year... Read More later, I was so overwhelmed by all the different veils, headpieces, jewelry and belts and had no idea what I wanted or what would complement my perfect dress. Macanna brought out all different style veils and truly listened to my feedback as I formed opinions. Each choice was closer to how I wanted to look and feel until we found the perfect combination of accessories! I never even once left the fitting room to look at the options for myself because I knew I would get stressed by information overload. She made the decision so easy because she listened so well to both my words and body language. My family had so much fun dressing up their first granddaughter/ only daughter and we love that Macanna is now forever a part of our special memories!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Sarah K

We had a great experience at Bliss Bridal. Sandy, Jess, and everyone else were very friendly and helpful, and made my mother and me feel very welcome. The shop is cozy and relaxing, and the process was very simple and straightforward – you get to look through the dresses... Read More yourself first and choose a few to try, then as you narrow down your ideas your consultant brings you others in a similar style to look at. The prices are clearly marked, so there is no awkwardness. We never felt rushed or pressured to buy, and I made my decision during my second appointment. My dress and veil were beautiful, they came in on time (in fact, earlier than estimated), the alterations were done on time, everything happened without a hitch. My mom was so pleased that she decided to get her dress here too. The only thing I might have done differently was to look into other options for alterations, to get a better sense of the usual pricing; however, it was very convenient to have everything done in one place. I’m very happy that we went with Bliss!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Regina S

Love this place! Everyone working there is upbeat, happy, and willing to help. I found my wedding gown and veil at Bliss and was so happy with the entire process from trying on to the final fitting! Would highly recommend Bliss to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie S

My experience at Bliss can best be described as a “tale of two shops”. In short, we had an amazing experience working with Jess and Sandy to find the dress. However, our alterations experience was a bit of a nightmare. It is my understanding that the alterations department is... Read More considered separate from the store, but they are the recommended alterations team and we were assigned a seamstress through them so I still feel they are somewhat responsible for the team they recommend. Everything worked out in the end, and I felt amazing in my gown on my wedding day, but I feel I have to be honest and share my entire experience with other brides. As I said, looking for the dress at Bliss was a great experience. I had gone to a few other stores, and found Bliss had the best selection of dresses for the fairest price. I went back multiple times to try on dresses and Jess and Sandy never once rushed me and always gave their honest opinions. Every time we walked into the store we were greeted warmly and made to feel very comfortable. Dress shopping, which at times could be stressful, was always a pleasant and fun experience! I ended up choosing an Essence of Australian gown with matching veil and couldn’t have been happier with my selection! When it came to fittings, I had my initial consultation with Blanca which went fine. The day of my second fitting, I received a call from Blanca saying that she wasn’t finished with my dress yet and needed more time because it needed a lot of work and she “didn’t know what she was going to do yet”. Now, as a bride 2 weeks out from my wedding, this comment sent off alarms in my head and made me feel very anxious going into the fitting a few days later. When I put the dress on, it was still too big on me and needed more work done to the bustle. Blanca became very defensive when I asked for it to be taken in, and kept saying “this is where I pinned it”. However, she did finally agree to take it in more and we set up a time for me to come in 3 days from then (10 days from my wedding day). At the next appointment, she had taken in the dress towards the top, but the original silhouette was fitted through the hips with a gentle flow. The dress I had on had a very different looking silhouette than what I had tried on initially. I was very upset by this and Blanca again was defensive about our questions on why it didn’t look like the original, and even confronted my mom about calling Sandy to let her know what was going on, asking “what you don’t think I know what I’m doing?”. We felt very uncomfortable and frustrated that instead of working with us to get the dress to look how we wanted, we instead felt like we had to fight with her to get things altered to our liking. I even became emotional during the appointment because I felt so defeated that I wasn’t going to be able to have the dress I had been picturing for the past 6 months. Sandy stepped in at that point and suggested that to make the silhouette closer to the sample dress we have Blanca sew the layers of tulle underneath together. Luckily, at the final fitting everything was done perfectly. All in all, if it wasn’t for Jess and Sandy and the amazing sales team at Bliss, this review would be very different. My honest recommendation to future brides is to ABSOLUTELY buy your dress through Bliss Bridal, but have your alterations done elsewhere.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Christie R

All of the ladies as Bliss were a joy to work with! They were right along side me from picking out my perfect dress to alterations & getting it cleaned. They even helped my mother-in-law find a dress when it seemed like no one else in the tri-state area could! They have great... Read More energy which is a huge plus when you are looking at dozens of dresses and may otherwise become overwhelmed. They are also quick to return phone calls and accommodating with scheduling. Thanks Shannon, Jess, Sandy & Joyce for everything!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Brittany M

After shopping around at many bridal salons, no one compared to Bliss Bridal! From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcomed and the selection of dresses was amazing. The price range was so reasonable and they made the whole process so enjoyable. I had such a great... Read More experience for my wedding dress, that I had my girls get their bridesmaid dresses from Bliss (which were also very reasonably priced). I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Shanika M

There are no words to describe the seamless flow of perfection I experienced with this bridal salon. After going to bliss initially, I visited another bridal shop, but just could not imagine spending my money elsewhere. The mom and daughters team at Bliss is superb. I found my... Read More dress here. The seamstress they have on site, Joyce, was great and reasonably priced as well. Joyce and I literally hand placed the lace and designed the sleeves for my dress. There is not a negative thing I can say about this salon. Even my mom said "I really hope you find your dress there." The cookie they give when you select your dress is also yummy!!! I hope this bridal salon continues with major success.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Katelyn S

Could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone there is extremely helpful and so sweet. I have bought my dream wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and mother of the groom dress here. Would recommend to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle G

I bought my wedding dress from Bliss Bridal and it was by far, the best experience ever! From the minute I walked in to try 15-20 gowns, to the very last day I needed to pick up my dress, things went incredibly smooth! I truly had no idea the style or dream dress I was looking... Read More for, and with the help of ALL the amazing ladies there, found a dress in no time! The dresses are so reasonable and the ladies working there make it ten times better. They truly treated me like royalty! It was the little things they did that made it worth it all! The congratulations cookie when you officially find the dress, to the picture for instagram that you're now a "Bliss Bride," to writing your name on the chalkboard at the front door...it was all so personable and made me feel so special! I cannot stop talking about my wonderful experience and am recommending ALL of my friends to go there FIRST! Without a doubt, the best place ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Julie M

I can not say enough about Shannon and everyone at Bliss! I had the most amazing experience. They made me feel like I was the only person in their shop. Shannon listened to everything I had to say and really steered me in the right direction. I am so happy with my experience... Read More and will be going back with my bridesmaids to find their dresses!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Caillin W

Sandy, Jess and Shannon were amazing to work with. They were so helpful from the first appointment to the last! They were patient, thoughtful and wanted to make sure that everything worked out perfectly. I found my dream dress at Bliss Bridal and I would highly recommend Bliss... Read More to all brides!