Cheshire's Premier Bridal Salon

At Bliss Bridal, we aim to give every bride the experience they have always dreamed of with one on one attention in a fun, boutique atmosphere. Here you will find fashions for brides, mothers and bridal party as well as all the accessories that make them perfect.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion

242 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Carolyn J

All the positive things people have written in the other reviews are completely true! Jessica and Sandy are an amazing team and sooo incredibly awesome to work with. They will work with you to find whatever it is that you are looking for and are so happy and patient at the same... Read More time. They are meant for this business! I ended up buying my bridesmaid dresses here and having my bridal dress alterations done through the shop. Joyce did an amazing job on my alterations. I could not recommend this store more highly! You will be so happy you came in and chose to work with Jessica and Sandy!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 A K

Loved the place the minute I walked in the door - warm and inviting. Sandy welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like we were only friends. She brought me dresses that I never would have selected myself. Low and behold she picked the dress that became my "it" dress.... Read More Sandy and the entire made me feel like the only bride-to-be in the store. Kudos to their personal attention, listening to my concerns and opinions, and making me feel special. Thank you Sandy!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jeni C

Jess has an energy that is contagious! She was a huge help in picking out my dream dress! I'm so glad I found my dress here and was able to work with her. The new Bliss location allows for a very intimate experience with your own large private room. I highly recommend going to... Read More this shop for not only your bridal gown but bridesmaids and mother of the bride as well. My mother had a wonderful experience getting her dress here as well and cannot thank Jess enough for all of her help!

Cute Bridal Boutique!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Jennifer B

I purchased my bridal gown from Bliss Bridal this past Spring and could not have been happier with my selection of Bridal Salon! The staff at Bliss Bridal were so friendly and helpful. They always made me feel important. Even though they didn't have my exact wedding dress in... Read More their store, they went above and beyond to special order the dress I wanted. So happy I chose Bliss Bridal ... you won't regret it either!

Wedded Bliss

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jillian Z

Bliss Bridal made the wedding preparations easy, stress-free, and fun! Every time I called or visited the salon, things worked beautifully! The staff was extremely personable and helpful, the dresses were beautiful, and everything was organized! I could not be any happier with... Read More my dress (as I got great compliments on my wedding day), as well as the bridesmaids dresses, tuxes, MOB dress, and GOB dress. They are truly a wonderful salon!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Sarah H

Absolutely amazing! These ladies are passionate about this industry and it shows. From the moment I stepped into Bliss Bridal, I knew this shop was something special. They are so personal and really care about how you're feeling and how they can help you better to find the... Read More dress, even if they don't have it. I found my dress here and from start to finish, they were just amazing to work with. I felt like a true bride on my wedding day and I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work to ensure that I had the dress of my dreams. Make sure to add this shop to your list as a must visit!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Marissa D

Jessica and her mother are by far the most helpful, considerate, sweet and caring people I know. You WILL NOT leave without having a huge smile on your face knowing you've picked the best bridal store in CT to work with. Jess has been there for me since day one. I email her... Read More questions about anything and she gives you her true honest opinion. She is very knowledgeable and will do ANYTHING to make you happy and satisfied. I always can't wait for my appointments, we have a BLAST! Lol even my bridesmaids ask her questions for their upcoming weddings! I really can keep going on and on about how amazing Jess is ... Let's just say you will absolutely have an amazing experience with this shop. I am half way to my wedding day and cannot wait for what's ahead for us:) love you Jess! ( I'm crying AGAIN writing this haha)

Friendly and Helpful!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 allissa r

I was in a tough search for a dress and when I finally found one I liked online by Allure (after visiting 6 other bridal salons)I tried calling multiple stores to find the dress. Jessica at Bliss was the only one who tried to help me. She was so friendly on the phone and went... Read More above and beyond to get this dress for me, which was being discontinued. She took my measurements and ordered the dress right then on the phone for me. When I went to try it on, she and her mother were at the salon. I can honestly say they are two of the most genuine and kind people I have ever met. I said yes as soon as I stepped out of the dressing room and they helped with every detail from then on out. They knew what my budget was and made sure the dress, with alterations, would fit that budget. Their seamstress Lee is a miracle worker! The dress had many layers at varying lengths which all had to be hemmed and a back train that looked terrifying to try and bustle. She altered this dress so well it looked like it was made to be on me. I highly recommend visiting this shop when you search for your perfect dress.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Heidi N

Where do I start?? I went to Bliss this past weekend with 4 of my ladies (my mother and 3 best friends/bridesmaids) and felt welcome as soon as I walked in the door! There was a sign right there in the entryway welcoming me to the salon! Was promptly met by Heather who escorted... Read More me and my guests to the LARGE changing room. Sandy was GREAT!! She was so pleasant and so easy to get a long with. Her knowledge of the dresses in the salon and the way they have you search and narrow down to favorites at the beginning of the appointment was wonderful. She is not pushy and is just so excited for you and this big moment you are experiencing while at their salon. As soon as I narrowed down my silhouette choice - all options were brought out to me. Once I was between 2 dresses, Sandy and Jess were easily able to accommodate my alteration request and I bought a dress on the spot!! I am so excited I found this amazing shop in a small gem of a town likes Cheshire! The >1 hour drive was SOO worth it! I can not wait for my dress to come in and see Sandy and Jess again! Thank you for making this day everything I could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Melissa R

I was not one of those lucky brides who purchased the first dress I tried on. After more than 7 stores, no luck, and some nasty sales associates, I went to Bliss Bridal after a recommendation from my friend. It was an amazing experience! Jessica always made me feel positive - I... Read More was even scared about the size I ordered and she called me the next day to see how I felt. I didn't even pick out the dress I ended up LOVING - based on my selections they said "there's one you didn't tag that you might like." It was my dream dress, and I would have never found it if they weren't experts in the field. Also, Joyce was a great seamstress. I badly hurt my knees right before my wedding, and I needed the dress hemmed last minute because I could not wear my heels. It was no problem. I felt so at ease, welcomed, and actually cared for here. Everyone should get their dress at Bliss Bridal!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 marisa r

Bliss Bridal was recomended to me by a coworker whose daughter is also getting married this year (2015). I decided to give them a try and was BLOWN AWAY by everything about this place. It is privately owned by a mother and her daughter. They personally helped me pick the perfect... Read More dress. While working with them I could tell that they have a real passion for what they do and they truly want you to enjoy your experience and they are more than happy to help you every step of the way. I never felt like a burden to these wonderful women. I tried at least 2 dozen dresses and they showed just as much excitement for each one I put on as they did for the first. Great prices too! they keep all of their dresses affordable but of excellent quality at the same time. I really can't say enough.. Choosing Bliss made dress shopping as fun and magical as I dreamt it would be as a little girl.

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Katie A

Oh how I love the ladies at Bliss Bridal! Jess and Sandy helped me find the perfect dress for me, plus they made sure to only show me dresses in my budget, didn't pressure me to purchase a dress on my first visit etc... Essentially they were so perfect - it was an absolutely... Read More lovely experience! They are trustworthy, warm, so friendly and I felt like we could chat for hours! Not only did they help me to find my dress, but I went in with my mother in law during a trunk show and we were able to find her dress as well! Finding your dress should be one of the most exciting parts of the planning and I am so glad that I found my dress at Bliss Bridal.

Love love

Reviewed on 2/14/2015 Stacey P

I had the most incredible experience shopping for my wedding gown at bliss. Of all the shops I went to they had the best customer service and knowledge. I never felt rushed or pressured and I tried on a lot of gowns! They had a great selection and reasonable prices. They were... Read More accommodating with scheduling an appointment and really exceeding my expectations. I loved buying my gown from a family owned boutique.

Blissful Experience!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Lesley Q

Thanks to the glowing reviews online, I narrowed my bridal shop search to one boutique and that was Bliss Bridal. Never has any retail professional given as much attention and love as Bliss Bridal. While other bridal boutiques have pushy consultants working on multiple... Read More clients at a time, I was the only customer the consultant was working with when I tried on many, many dresses. This is the only place I have encountered where I felt that I mattered. Bliss Bridal is a family-owned and operated store; Jessica, Mom Sandy with Aunt Janet. They were all so gracious, energetic and sincere. Each time I had to go there, I felt like I was going home to see family because they treated me and my mom so well. Never were they pushy and worked within your price range. For instance, when I was working with Aunt Janet, she asked me my price range. Even though I had dresses in my dressing room above that amount, she would not allow me to try on those dresses. They never once pushed or "encouraged" me into buying my jewelry, shoes, bridesmaids dresses, MOB dresses, but I bought my veil there because I wanted to and it complimented my dress. I brought my mom, mom-in-law, and my two MOHs with me and they loved being at Bliss even though I took my sweet time trying on gowns. Also, I have to give a shout out of the seamstress, Joyce. She was so talented and made my dress fit like a glove. She used her magic to make me look like I have a figure glass silhouette when I don't have the figure. If you look at my photos, they give you cute cookie when you say yes to the dress. I thought it was the sweetest (literally and figuratively) gift ever. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!

I Felt Like Family

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lynsey E

I absolutely loved my experience with Bliss Bridal. The ladies there were so fabulous and helpful and it was a pleasure to work with them. I felt like a part of their amazing family and not like just another customer. I would definitely recommend them to any bride who is seeking... Read More a wonderful dress shopping experience and who is looking to feel comfortable.

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Ainsley W

I decided to check out Bliss Bridal by chance. They carried the designer I was interested in and the shop was conveniently located for me, my bridesmaids, and for my mom (living in different areas of New England and New York). While they carried the designer I was interested in,... Read More they didn't have the specific style I was hoping to try on. Jess made arrangements to have a sample shipped from AZ and I ended up purchasing that style. From start to finish, Jess and her staff accommodated every request and helped make my dress perfect for the big day. I had extensive tailoring (changing the waistline from drop to natural, while having to keep an intricately beaded bodice in tact). Their seamstress Joyce was patient and friendly, and is truly talented. The dress even better than I imagined! Over the course of a year, I visited Bliss Bridal about 5 times (shopping, fittings, pick-up) and it was always a pleasure seeing Jess. She is a joy to work with and always (seriously, always) has a smile on her face. Her enthusiasm is constant and she genuinely cares about her work and clients. Everyone at Bliss Bridal helped make the dress search/decision much easier and stress-free. They have a great selection of dresses, accessories, bridesmaids dresses, etc. and also offer dress cleaning and preservation after the wedding.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Michele P

I had been look for dresses for a couple of months and didn't seem to be finding what I was looking for. I had been to small shops and big shops and just didn't feel like I had seen what I wanted. I also didn't appreciate that some shops only bring dresses that are at the top of... Read More your budget or don't have a large enough assortment. Bliss Bridal was my last chance to find what I wanted. From the start it was such a positive experience. Sandy sat with us and went through some tips and said we are going to give you these hearts and you can hang them on any dress that you see and would like to try on. That right there was so exciting to me. Up until this moment I had not actually shopped for myself. I had people bring me what they thought I would like. So this was great, we went through and started tagging dresses. They had a great variety. The other interesting thing, is once you try on dresses they have adjusted lighting to show what you would look like in evening venue lighting. I had added about 4 dresses to my "wall of favorites" and slowly narrowed it down to two. I had another appointment to retry a previous dress, but inevitably came back to try on the final 2. I met with Jess the second time and she was so helpful and kind and once I picked my dress gave me a big hug of genuine excitement. It was even nice to go back for alterations and see everyone. On my wedding day I felt so beautiful in my dress and knew I had picked the right one. Thank you Bliss Bridal for such a wonderful experience.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Kelly T

This was the first stop on my hunt for 'the dress' as it came highly recommended from a close friend. I walked in and never felt more welcome and more like a bride. I had know idea what I was looking for and Jess and her mother were so helpful and so patient. I had so much fun... Read More trying on every dress! Of course I have one of those stories were the first dress I tried on was THE DRESS. But, I didn't know it at the time. After my visit here, I visited quite a few more shops around Connecticut but never had the experience I had at Bliss. I went back to buy THE DRESS and even found my mother's dress at one of their trunk shows. They were great at finding something trendy and "young" for my 50 year old mother. They helped me prepare and pack my wedding dress for my destination wedding and were so accommodating every step of the way. My alterations were perfect and I couldn't have been happier. DEFINITELY make this shop a stop on your hunt for your dress.

Wonderful to Shop with!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Ariana D

Bliss Bridal was amazing to work with. It was great to be with Jess and her mom who took the time, listened to my wants, and gave me the personal attention to picking out the perfect dress! They had a nice selection in their trunk show collections which come up periodically as... Read More well.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Monica L

Bliss Bridal is absolutely amazing. They are extremely courteous and have an extraordinary amount of knowledge.

Wonderful selection

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Amanda A

All of the dresses in this shop were absolutely beautiful. I had such a hard time picking my dress because each and every one was amazing. This was hands-down the best shopping experience I have ever had. The women in the shop know exactly what they are doing and are so... Read More friendly. I am telling all of my friends to get their dresses there!

Best Little Bridal Boutique!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Jenelle R

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Jessica and the staff at Bliss Bridal! They were so incredibly helpful and cheery. Planning from 3,000 miles away was stressful, but knowing that I didn't have to worry about storing my dress or when I would find time for the dress... Read More fitting was helpful. They were very accommodating and I could not be happier!! One on one attention for an affordable price- you really should at least stop in and check it out. (I drove 40 mins for this one and am so glad I did)

Best bridal salon in the area

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Gina

The staff at Bliss is the best in the business. You get personalized attention and they have the most beautiful dresses. They treat you with such kindness and you don't feel like just another bride.

Wonderful and friendly.

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Katelyn M

I did not purchase my dress here, because i fell in love with something overseas, but when i found my dress needed alterations i headed to Bliss.They were so friendly and willing to help, it was wonderful. A beautiful and intimate little shop, with beautiful dresses.

Still in awe over my gown! Best mother/daughter duo ever!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Sarah B

I worked with these ladies for over a year and loved every minute of it! I found my gown in 20 minutes, and it was actually the one they took off the shelf because they had a hunch it would look nice! I was sold! It was sparkly and accented my curves and just beautiful. Price... Read More was great too! I bought my home made Swarovski jewelry from them as well during a trunk show they had. I just sparkled all day on my wedding! 3 for 3 I found my bridesmaids dresses there too and keep getting compliments on the beautiful classy black dresses the girls picked out. They were so responsive via phone and email and even helped ease my mind with my "I now have a pregnant bridesmaid and she might not fit her dress" drama. I only wish I could visit them all the time, they were so nice and so personal! When my sister gets married we will for sure be going back! (Semi related side note - My own personal dress drama, just to share with future brides, if you buy sticky boobs do not count on them to stay up at your wedding haha! I ordered them off of eBay and they were not good as a second application. Stick with something from Victoria secrets! I had to throw on a random strapless bra I had, which I never wore during a dress fitting, so when I sat down I was a little busty because it was a pushup bra...not that anyone was complaining lol!)