Cheshire's Premier Bridal Salon

Bliss Bridal is a boutique style, full-service bridal salon in the heart of downtown Cheshire. Our body positive approach focuses on making every bride look and feel like the best version of herself, serving all brides sizes 00-44. Our exquisite, hand selected collection of gowns is accompanied by personalized attention in a luxurious, low pressure atmosphere.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion

242 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT (203) 250-3390

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Melissa C

Bliss Bridal is one of those rare gems that you hope to find when you start searching for your wedding gown. After having a disappointing experience at another local bridal shop, I figured I would give Bliss a try. I had not heard anything about it before, but I was really... Read More impressed with their website. During my first visit, Jess helped me pick out my wedding gown. She listened to what I was looking for in a dress and offered really good suggestions for what I would look good in. She also asked many questions about the wedding itself, and how I wanted my dress to fit into the overall look of the event. She was really interested in what I was saying, and I never got the sense that she was just trying to make a sale. I loved the fact that they let you look through the dresses and tag the items you would like to try on. After having such a positive experience with my wedding gown, it made the most sense to get the bridesmaids dresses, the mother of the occasion dress, and all of the tuxedos from Bliss. All of these looked absolutely stunning on our wedding day! From start to finish, I was impressed with every aspect of my dealings with Bliss. I mainly worked with Raquel, Shannon, and Jess. These ladies are professional, compassionate, and kind to the core. I have already recommended Bliss Bridal to everyone I know that is getting married, and I will continue to do so!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Raquel B

I have been married now almost 7 months and I can not stop raving about how incredible Bliss Bridal is. Every bride deserves to have an experience like the one they provide. When I begin my wedding dress seach, I visited Bliss Bridal with my bridesmaids, my mother and future... Read More mother in law. The boutique was beauiful with a great selection of gorgeous wedding gowns and also offered that warm charm that makes you feel at ease. Jessica was impeccable! She was very sweet, friendly, and patient. She asked a lot of questions to get to know me, my venue, and the way I envisioned my wedding day. The layout is such that you feel quite private with your group and you don't feel like you are competing for space.What I absolutely loved most was that Jessica was very attentive and showed me dresses that I had picked out and then as I told her what I loved and didn't love so much about each dress she listened and brought a new one that narrowed down what I was looking for. She was never pushy and only encouraged me to be super honest with her. She truly only cared about me finding the dress of my dreams. I felt like she was on my side the entire time and she really helped ease my nerves.I tried on about 6 different dresses and was able to narrow it down. This second appointment was no different, and Jessica still made me feel special in every way. She placed both dresses next to each other so I could see what I loved about each dress and explained any options I had to alter which ever dress I picked so that I could have everything I wanted. I found exactly what I was looking for and I was able to say yes to the dress! I never thought I would say this, but I truly felt like the most beautiful bride! Fast forward a few months out from our wedding. I went for another appointment where they helped me find a beautiful veil and accesories to pair with my dress. Joyce in alterations was so wonderful. She truly is a master at her craft. Everything from bridesmaids to my dress was perfect and I could not have asked for a better experience in the wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Brenna J

My bridesmaids and I had a great experience at Bliss Bridal. I accidentally booked a bridal appointment instead of bridesmaids, but they just rolled with it and were able to accommodate us. Our rep was amazing - so helpful, honest with advice and really listened to what we... Read More wanted. She helped us find a line of dresses that looked great on everyone. The dresses came in ahead of schedule! Customer service is A+. My only wish is that they offered bridesmaid tailoring on site so that my girls could all have gone there and had the same level of service they got when buying their dresses.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Mikayla T

Macanna took the stress out of accessory shopping and made it so easy and fun! I had actually "accidentally" found my dream Allure wedding dress at a sample sale 2 years before my wedding (3 year engagement), so by the time I got around to making an accessory appointment 1 year... Read More later, I was so overwhelmed by all the different veils, headpieces, jewelry and belts and had no idea what I wanted or what would complement my perfect dress. Macanna brought out all different style veils and truly listened to my feedback as I formed opinions. Each choice was closer to how I wanted to look and feel until we found the perfect combination of accessories! I never even once left the fitting room to look at the options for myself because I knew I would get stressed by information overload. She made the decision so easy because she listened so well to both my words and body language. My family had so much fun dressing up their first granddaughter/ only daughter and we love that Macanna is now forever a part of our special memories!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Sarah K

We had a great experience at Bliss Bridal. Sandy, Jess, and everyone else were very friendly and helpful, and made my mother and me feel very welcome. The shop is cozy and relaxing, and the process was very simple and straightforward – you get to look through the dresses... Read More yourself first and choose a few to try, then as you narrow down your ideas your consultant brings you others in a similar style to look at. The prices are clearly marked, so there is no awkwardness. We never felt rushed or pressured to buy, and I made my decision during my second appointment. My dress and veil were beautiful, they came in on time (in fact, earlier than estimated), the alterations were done on time, everything happened without a hitch. My mom was so pleased that she decided to get her dress here too. The only thing I might have done differently was to look into other options for alterations, to get a better sense of the usual pricing; however, it was very convenient to have everything done in one place. I’m very happy that we went with Bliss!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Regina S

Love this place! Everyone working there is upbeat, happy, and willing to help. I found my wedding gown and veil at Bliss and was so happy with the entire process from trying on to the final fitting! Would highly recommend Bliss to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie S

My experience at Bliss can best be described as a “tale of two shops”. In short, we had an amazing experience working with Jess and Sandy to find the dress. However, our alterations experience was a bit of a nightmare. It is my understanding that the alterations department is... Read More considered separate from the store, but they are the recommended alterations team and we were assigned a seamstress through them so I still feel they are somewhat responsible for the team they recommend. Everything worked out in the end, and I felt amazing in my gown on my wedding day, but I feel I have to be honest and share my entire experience with other brides. As I said, looking for the dress at Bliss was a great experience. I had gone to a few other stores, and found Bliss had the best selection of dresses for the fairest price. I went back multiple times to try on dresses and Jess and Sandy never once rushed me and always gave their honest opinions. Every time we walked into the store we were greeted warmly and made to feel very comfortable. Dress shopping, which at times could be stressful, was always a pleasant and fun experience! I ended up choosing an Essence of Australian gown with matching veil and couldn’t have been happier with my selection! When it came to fittings, I had my initial consultation with Blanca which went fine. The day of my second fitting, I received a call from Blanca saying that she wasn’t finished with my dress yet and needed more time because it needed a lot of work and she “didn’t know what she was going to do yet”. Now, as a bride 2 weeks out from my wedding, this comment sent off alarms in my head and made me feel very anxious going into the fitting a few days later. When I put the dress on, it was still too big on me and needed more work done to the bustle. Blanca became very defensive when I asked for it to be taken in, and kept saying “this is where I pinned it”. However, she did finally agree to take it in more and we set up a time for me to come in 3 days from then (10 days from my wedding day). At the next appointment, she had taken in the dress towards the top, but the original silhouette was fitted through the hips with a gentle flow. The dress I had on had a very different looking silhouette than what I had tried on initially. I was very upset by this and Blanca again was defensive about our questions on why it didn’t look like the original, and even confronted my mom about calling Sandy to let her know what was going on, asking “what you don’t think I know what I’m doing?”. We felt very uncomfortable and frustrated that instead of working with us to get the dress to look how we wanted, we instead felt like we had to fight with her to get things altered to our liking. I even became emotional during the appointment because I felt so defeated that I wasn’t going to be able to have the dress I had been picturing for the past 6 months. Sandy stepped in at that point and suggested that to make the silhouette closer to the sample dress we have Blanca sew the layers of tulle underneath together. Luckily, at the final fitting everything was done perfectly. All in all, if it wasn’t for Jess and Sandy and the amazing sales team at Bliss, this review would be very different. My honest recommendation to future brides is to ABSOLUTELY buy your dress through Bliss Bridal, but have your alterations done elsewhere.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Christie R

All of the ladies as Bliss were a joy to work with! They were right along side me from picking out my perfect dress to alterations & getting it cleaned. They even helped my mother-in-law find a dress when it seemed like no one else in the tri-state area could! They have great... Read More energy which is a huge plus when you are looking at dozens of dresses and may otherwise become overwhelmed. They are also quick to return phone calls and accommodating with scheduling. Thanks Shannon, Jess, Sandy & Joyce for everything!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Brittany M

After shopping around at many bridal salons, no one compared to Bliss Bridal! From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcomed and the selection of dresses was amazing. The price range was so reasonable and they made the whole process so enjoyable. I had such a great... Read More experience for my wedding dress, that I had my girls get their bridesmaid dresses from Bliss (which were also very reasonably priced). I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Shanika M

There are no words to describe the seamless flow of perfection I experienced with this bridal salon. After going to bliss initially, I visited another bridal shop, but just could not imagine spending my money elsewhere. The mom and daughters team at Bliss is superb. I found my... Read More dress here. The seamstress they have on site, Joyce, was great and reasonably priced as well. Joyce and I literally hand placed the lace and designed the sleeves for my dress. There is not a negative thing I can say about this salon. Even my mom said "I really hope you find your dress there." The cookie they give when you select your dress is also yummy!!! I hope this bridal salon continues with major success.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Katelyn S

Could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone there is extremely helpful and so sweet. I have bought my dream wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and mother of the groom dress here. Would recommend to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle G

I bought my wedding dress from Bliss Bridal and it was by far, the best experience ever! From the minute I walked in to try 15-20 gowns, to the very last day I needed to pick up my dress, things went incredibly smooth! I truly had no idea the style or dream dress I was looking... Read More for, and with the help of ALL the amazing ladies there, found a dress in no time! The dresses are so reasonable and the ladies working there make it ten times better. They truly treated me like royalty! It was the little things they did that made it worth it all! The congratulations cookie when you officially find the dress, to the picture for instagram that you're now a "Bliss Bride," to writing your name on the chalkboard at the front door...it was all so personable and made me feel so special! I cannot stop talking about my wonderful experience and am recommending ALL of my friends to go there FIRST! Without a doubt, the best place ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Julie M

I can not say enough about Shannon and everyone at Bliss! I had the most amazing experience. They made me feel like I was the only person in their shop. Shannon listened to everything I had to say and really steered me in the right direction. I am so happy with my experience... Read More and will be going back with my bridesmaids to find their dresses!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Caillin W

Sandy, Jess and Shannon were amazing to work with. They were so helpful from the first appointment to the last! They were patient, thoughtful and wanted to make sure that everything worked out perfectly. I found my dream dress at Bliss Bridal and I would highly recommend Bliss... Read More to all brides!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Erin R

I had a great experience at Bliss Bridal! From the moment I walked in the door, everyone made me feel so special and important. I went to three separate appointments to look at dresses and I never once felt rushed. I purchased my veil, earrings, and hair comb there as well.... Read More My mother and bridesmaid also purchased their dresses at Bliss and everyone was thrilled with them! I got so many compliments on my gorgeous gown on my wedding day. Special thanks to Jessica and Aunt Janet for making us feel like family. I would recommend Bliss to anyone and everyone looking for a wedding gown, bridesmaid dress or special occasion dresses.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Brittany E

I was very hesitant on picking a dress because it's so overwhelming and I am so picky on what I like. When I went in to try dresses on, the owners mother provided me with assistance. I told her what I was looking for and she brought me in a dress that I was hesitant about. She... Read More encouraged me to try it on and I said yes to the dress! The staff was wonderful and were always so friendly!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Katie L

I bought my wedding dress from Bliss Bridal. In addition, my bridesmaids also got their dresses from here. I highly recommend them because of their selection and how wonderful they are to work with. What I really liked about Bliss is their dresses are out and you can go... Read More through them choosing the dresses you wish to try on. The dress I bought was actually a dress the lady who was helping me suggested after I tried on a bunch. She totally understood what I was looking for and knew what would look good. All the girls who work there are sweet and helpful!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Bliss Bridal is fantastic! It is family owned and has a great selection of wedding dresses. When you first walk in the staff is so excited to have you there. After you and your bridesmaids are settled you are allowed to shop the floor and put tags on every dress you want to try... Read More on. Your bridesmaids are also allowed to make selections for what they want to see you in too! After you try on all the initial picks the staff listens to what you like or didn't like about the dresses and then they make their own selections. I found the perfect dress here and the seamstress Blanca did an amazing job on my alterations! My mom and my bridesmaids got their dresses here as well and loved them. Every appointment was wonderful and you always feel good when you leave here.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Deidre H

The girls at Bliss Bridal were super sweet. They talked to me about my vision for my wedding and every time I came back asked me how the process was going. Overall, my dress came out beautifully and they were very sensitive to my bridesmaids' needs (my sister has a tough time... Read More dress shopping because of her body type). Only a couple hiccups. The first being when I came back for a second look to choose between two dresses, someone had written down the wrong dress ID and I had to go through the racks to find my dress all over again. But I will say their selection is well organized, so it wasn't difficult to find. The second was when I came back to try on my dress and the sides had been taken in too much. But Joyce literally pieced the dress together while I was in it to correct the fit and when it was done, it was flawless. You couldn't even tell.

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Christina H

I went dress shopping here with my bridesmaids, mother and future mother in law. I felt special from the moment I walked in. The ladies in this shop are amazing, caring, compassionate and delightful. It was so much fun trying on dresses and when I put on "THE DRESS", that moment... Read More was made even more special. I would recommend this store to anyone looking for bridal gowns, mother dresses, bridesmaid dresses. Really anything wedding dress related I would recommend this store to. (And you are allowed to bring champagne to drink while trying on dresses)

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Lauren D

I got my dress, bridesmaid dresses, and mother of the bride dresses from Bliss Bridal. Trying on the dresses was a lot of fun and they were wonderful finding the right styles to match our personalities. It was difficult to make appointments with them after we purchased our... Read More dresses and alternations through them were difficult as well. They have a great selection, but were not entirely accommodating with additional fittings/appointments once we made our purchases.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 dorothy a

Watch out for this shop. They ruined my dress and took no responsibility.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

If any place of business deserves zero stars, it’s Bliss Bridal. As soon as I put on the dress that was supposedly custom-tailored and made to fit me by one of the seamstresses employed by Bliss Bridal, Joyce, it was obvious that something had gone terribly wrong. The dress was... Read More a good six inches too long. My wedding planners had to pin up the bottom of my dress, which is obvious in every professional picture that was taken, and ruined the effect of the lace hem of the dress. I also missed most of my cocktail hour trying in vain to fix the dress. That is something which, as every bride knows, is invaluable. When I called Jessica Boni, owner of Bliss Bridal, after my wedding, her response was something to the effect of, “the dress was fine at your last fitting.” Had I been allowed to try the dress on when I picked it up, the problem with the hem could have been discovered and fixed. Jessica told me that I needed to handle the problem directly with Joyce. Jessica took no responsibility whatsoever for the problems I had with the dress. I was willing to deal directly with Joyce, however, Joyce refused to return my calls. Jessica arranged for me to bring the dress in so that she and Joyce could see what had gone wrong. Joyce was immediately nasty, belligerent, and refused to even look at the dress. She accused me of having my fittings in stiletto heels!!! When I showed Joyce the shoes I had at the fittings, she responded that I was some kind of "scam artist," and that this sort of thing happens a couple of times a year. Would a scam artist have professional photos taken in a dress showing that it was pinned up? Joyce refused to be reasonable, or even logical about the issues with my dress. When I explained to her how it would be ridiculous for me to wear heels that would make me appear taller than my husband at my wedding, she said something to the effect of, “what you do after you leave the store is not my problem.” I do not understand what happened, or why there was an issue with the length of the dress after alterations had been done. I am not a seamstress, but my educated guess is that when Joyce moved the belt of the dress after my final fitting, the material that she lazily gathered underneath rather than cutting it from the dress was let out. This guess is based on the fact that Joyce told me she had removed no material from the dress with which she could have made sleeves, which I had requested for her to do. I won my case in small claims court against Bliss Bridal, but that is nothing compared to the agony of having what is supposed to be a perfect day ruined by an incompetent seamstress and irresponsible and unapologetic store owners. Steer clear of Bliss Bridal.

2016-04-30T14:14:22 Response from the vendor

As you can tell from reading our online reviews, Bliss Bridal has received very few that are negative. When we do, we handle the issue directly with the party involved. This review however, is so untrue, that we felt we need to respond publicly. First,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Lauren E

I couldn't have had a better experience with Bliss Bridal. I came to the shop feeling very frustrated that I hadn't yet found my dress after trying on dozens. The ladies there took me in and helped me find my dream dress-something I didn't think would happen. They couldn't have... Read More been more wonderful throughout the process. Even for someone as detail oriented as me-I was impressed. Also their in house seamstress is AMAZING. So affordable and she made everything perfect. Much love to the women of Bliss!

Alterations by Lee

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Katherine B

Lee was so talented and profession, I have my full confidence that she'll give other brides the same top notch service!