Cheshire's Premier Bridal Salon

At Bliss Bridal, we aim to give every bride the experience they have always dreamed of with one on one attention in a fun, boutique atmosphere. Here you will find fashions for brides, mothers and bridal party as well as all the accessories that make them perfect.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion

242 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Raquel B

I have been married now almost 7 months and I can not stop raving about how incredible Bliss Bridal is. Every bride deserves to have an experience like the one they provide. When I begin my wedding dress seach, I visited Bliss Bridal with my bridesmaids, my mother and future... Read More mother in law. The boutique was beauiful with a great selection of gorgeous wedding gowns and also offered that warm charm that makes you feel at ease. Jessica was impeccable! She was very sweet, friendly, and patient. She asked a lot of questions to get to know me, my venue, and the way I envisioned my wedding day. The layout is such that you feel quite private with your group and you don't feel like you are competing for space.What I absolutely loved most was that Jessica was very attentive and showed me dresses that I had picked out and then as I told her what I loved and didn't love so much about each dress she listened and brought a new one that narrowed down what I was looking for. She was never pushy and only encouraged me to be super honest with her. She truly only cared about me finding the dress of my dreams. I felt like she was on my side the entire time and she really helped ease my nerves.I tried on about 6 different dresses and was able to narrow it down. This second appointment was no different, and Jessica still made me feel special in every way. She placed both dresses next to each other so I could see what I loved about each dress and explained any options I had to alter which ever dress I picked so that I could have everything I wanted. I found exactly what I was looking for and I was able to say yes to the dress! I never thought I would say this, but I truly felt like the most beautiful bride! Fast forward a few months out from our wedding. I went for another appointment where they helped me find a beautiful veil and accesories to pair with my dress. Joyce in alterations was so wonderful. She truly is a master at her craft. Everything from bridesmaids to my dress was perfect and I could not have asked for a better experience in the wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 dorothy a

Watch out for this shop. They ruined my dress and took no responsibility.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

If any place of business deserves zero stars, it’s Bliss Bridal. As soon as I put on the dress that was supposedly custom-tailored and made to fit me by one of the seamstresses employed by Bliss Bridal, Joyce, it was obvious that something had gone terribly wrong. The dress was... Read More a good six inches too long. My wedding planners had to pin up the bottom of my dress, which is obvious in every professional picture that was taken, and ruined the effect of the lace hem of the dress. I also missed most of my cocktail hour trying in vain to fix the dress. That is something which, as every bride knows, is invaluable. When I called Jessica Boni, owner of Bliss Bridal, after my wedding, her response was something to the effect of, “the dress was fine at your last fitting.” Had I been allowed to try the dress on when I picked it up, the problem with the hem could have been discovered and fixed. Jessica told me that I needed to handle the problem directly with Joyce. Jessica took no responsibility whatsoever for the problems I had with the dress. I was willing to deal directly with Joyce, however, Joyce refused to return my calls. Jessica arranged for me to bring the dress in so that she and Joyce could see what had gone wrong. Joyce was immediately nasty, belligerent, and refused to even look at the dress. She accused me of having my fittings in stiletto heels!!! When I showed Joyce the shoes I had at the fittings, she responded that I was some kind of "scam artist," and that this sort of thing happens a couple of times a year. Would a scam artist have professional photos taken in a dress showing that it was pinned up? Joyce refused to be reasonable, or even logical about the issues with my dress. When I explained to her how it would be ridiculous for me to wear heels that would make me appear taller than my husband at my wedding, she said something to the effect of, “what you do after you leave the store is not my problem.” I do not understand what happened, or why there was an issue with the length of the dress after alterations had been done. I am not a seamstress, but my educated guess is that when Joyce moved the belt of the dress after my final fitting, the material that she lazily gathered underneath rather than cutting it from the dress was let out. This guess is based on the fact that Joyce told me she had removed no material from the dress with which she could have made sleeves, which I had requested for her to do. I won my case in small claims court against Bliss Bridal, but that is nothing compared to the agony of having what is supposed to be a perfect day ruined by an incompetent seamstress and irresponsible and unapologetic store owners. Steer clear of Bliss Bridal.

2016-04-30T14:14:22 Response from the vendor

As you can tell from reading our online reviews, Bliss Bridal has received very few that are negative. When we do, we handle the issue directly with the party involved. This review however, is so untrue, that we felt we need to respond publicly. First,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Lauren E

I couldn't have had a better experience with Bliss Bridal. I came to the shop feeling very frustrated that I hadn't yet found my dress after trying on dozens. The ladies there took me in and helped me find my dream dress-something I didn't think would happen. They couldn't have... Read More been more wonderful throughout the process. Even for someone as detail oriented as me-I was impressed. Also their in house seamstress is AMAZING. So affordable and she made everything perfect. Much love to the women of Bliss!

Alterations by Lee

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Katherine B

Lee was so talented and profession, I have my full confidence that she'll give other brides the same top notch service!

the BEST place in CT to get your dress

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Trisha C

I LOVED my experience at Bliss Bridal! When I went in for my first appointment I probably tried on 20 dresses and was there for almost three hours but I received nothing but the best care and service from the ladies at Bliss. I not only never felt rushed, I felt like they were... Read More as excited by the process as I was and eager to find me the perfect dress. You get cute heart shaped tags to put on all of the dresses you want to try on and free reign of the space to tag as you please. The selection is great without being overwhelming. Then you get the one on one attention of trying dresses on and their help in the process. Once you make a purchase you get a cute wedding dress cookie. They also don't pressure you at all to make a purchase. I was on the fence about a dress and they actually encouraged by them to go to other stores, try on other dresses, and I could always come back if this dress was still in my mind. I felt like they cared more about me than the sale. Their space is welcoming and adorable and they have complimentary treats and coffee/tea. They really make you feel special. I cannot rave about the experience enough. The price range is about $1100 to $5000 with most options in the $1500-$2500 range. So they aren't outrageously expensive, nor are they as cheap as dresses at say David's bridal, but you immediately feel the difference in these high quality gowns. You will not be disappointed at Bliss Bridal!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 A K

Loved the place the minute I walked in the door - warm and inviting. Sandy welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like we were only friends. She brought me dresses that I never would have selected myself. Low and behold she picked the dress that became my "it" dress.... Read More Sandy and the entire made me feel like the only bride-to-be in the store. Kudos to their personal attention, listening to my concerns and opinions, and making me feel special. Thank you Sandy!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jeni C

Jess has an energy that is contagious! She was a huge help in picking out my dream dress! I'm so glad I found my dress here and was able to work with her. The new Bliss location allows for a very intimate experience with your own large private room. I highly recommend going to... Read More this shop for not only your bridal gown but bridesmaids and mother of the bride as well. My mother had a wonderful experience getting her dress here as well and cannot thank Jess enough for all of her help!

Cute Bridal Boutique!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Jennifer B

I purchased my bridal gown from Bliss Bridal this past Spring and could not have been happier with my selection of Bridal Salon! The staff at Bliss Bridal were so friendly and helpful. They always made me feel important. Even though they didn't have my exact wedding dress in... Read More their store, they went above and beyond to special order the dress I wanted. So happy I chose Bliss Bridal ... you won't regret it either!

Wedded Bliss

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jillian Z

Bliss Bridal made the wedding preparations easy, stress-free, and fun! Every time I called or visited the salon, things worked beautifully! The staff was extremely personable and helpful, the dresses were beautiful, and everything was organized! I could not be any happier with... Read More my dress (as I got great compliments on my wedding day), as well as the bridesmaids dresses, tuxes, MOB dress, and GOB dress. They are truly a wonderful salon!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Sarah H

Absolutely amazing! These ladies are passionate about this industry and it shows. From the moment I stepped into Bliss Bridal, I knew this shop was something special. They are so personal and really care about how you're feeling and how they can help you better to find the... Read More dress, even if they don't have it. I found my dress here and from start to finish, they were just amazing to work with. I felt like a true bride on my wedding day and I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work to ensure that I had the dress of my dreams. Make sure to add this shop to your list as a must visit!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Marissa D

Jessica and her mother are by far the most helpful, considerate, sweet and caring people I know. You WILL NOT leave without having a huge smile on your face knowing you've picked the best bridal store in CT to work with. Jess has been there for me since day one. I email her... Read More questions about anything and she gives you her true honest opinion. She is very knowledgeable and will do ANYTHING to make you happy and satisfied. I always can't wait for my appointments, we have a BLAST! Lol even my bridesmaids ask her questions for their upcoming weddings! I really can keep going on and on about how amazing Jess is ... Let's just say you will absolutely have an amazing experience with this shop. I am half way to my wedding day and cannot wait for what's ahead for us:) love you Jess! ( I'm crying AGAIN writing this haha)

Friendly and Helpful!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 allissa r

I was in a tough search for a dress and when I finally found one I liked online by Allure (after visiting 6 other bridal salons)I tried calling multiple stores to find the dress. Jessica at Bliss was the only one who tried to help me. She was so friendly on the phone and went... Read More above and beyond to get this dress for me, which was being discontinued. She took my measurements and ordered the dress right then on the phone for me. When I went to try it on, she and her mother were at the salon. I can honestly say they are two of the most genuine and kind people I have ever met. I said yes as soon as I stepped out of the dressing room and they helped with every detail from then on out. They knew what my budget was and made sure the dress, with alterations, would fit that budget. Their seamstress Lee is a miracle worker! The dress had many layers at varying lengths which all had to be hemmed and a back train that looked terrifying to try and bustle. She altered this dress so well it looked like it was made to be on me. I highly recommend visiting this shop when you search for your perfect dress.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Heidi N

Where do I start?? I went to Bliss this past weekend with 4 of my ladies (my mother and 3 best friends/bridesmaids) and felt welcome as soon as I walked in the door! There was a sign right there in the entryway welcoming me to the salon! Was promptly met by Heather who escorted... Read More me and my guests to the LARGE changing room. Sandy was GREAT!! She was so pleasant and so easy to get a long with. Her knowledge of the dresses in the salon and the way they have you search and narrow down to favorites at the beginning of the appointment was wonderful. She is not pushy and is just so excited for you and this big moment you are experiencing while at their salon. As soon as I narrowed down my silhouette choice - all options were brought out to me. Once I was between 2 dresses, Sandy and Jess were easily able to accommodate my alteration request and I bought a dress on the spot!! I am so excited I found this amazing shop in a small gem of a town likes Cheshire! The >1 hour drive was SOO worth it! I can not wait for my dress to come in and see Sandy and Jess again! Thank you for making this day everything I could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Melissa R

I was not one of those lucky brides who purchased the first dress I tried on. After more than 7 stores, no luck, and some nasty sales associates, I went to Bliss Bridal after a recommendation from my friend. It was an amazing experience! Jessica always made me feel positive - I... Read More was even scared about the size I ordered and she called me the next day to see how I felt. I didn't even pick out the dress I ended up LOVING - based on my selections they said "there's one you didn't tag that you might like." It was my dream dress, and I would have never found it if they weren't experts in the field. Also, Joyce was a great seamstress. I badly hurt my knees right before my wedding, and I needed the dress hemmed last minute because I could not wear my heels. It was no problem. I felt so at ease, welcomed, and actually cared for here. Everyone should get their dress at Bliss Bridal!

FABULOUS!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 marisa r

Bliss Bridal was recomended to me by a coworker whose daughter is also getting married this year (2015). I decided to give them a try and was BLOWN AWAY by everything about this place. It is privately owned by a mother and her daughter. They personally helped me pick the perfect... Read More dress. While working with them I could tell that they have a real passion for what they do and they truly want you to enjoy your experience and they are more than happy to help you every step of the way. I never felt like a burden to these wonderful women. I tried at least 2 dozen dresses and they showed just as much excitement for each one I put on as they did for the first. Great prices too! they keep all of their dresses affordable but of excellent quality at the same time. I really can't say enough.. Choosing Bliss made dress shopping as fun and magical as I dreamt it would be as a little girl.

LOVE!!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Katie A

Oh how I love the ladies at Bliss Bridal! Jess and Sandy helped me find the perfect dress for me, plus they made sure to only show me dresses in my budget, didn't pressure me to purchase a dress on my first visit etc... Essentially they were so perfect - it was an absolutely... Read More lovely experience! They are trustworthy, warm, so friendly and I felt like we could chat for hours! Not only did they help me to find my dress, but I went in with my mother in law during a trunk show and we were able to find her dress as well! Finding your dress should be one of the most exciting parts of the planning and I am so glad that I found my dress at Bliss Bridal.

Love love

Reviewed on 2/14/2015 Stacey P

I had the most incredible experience shopping for my wedding gown at bliss. Of all the shops I went to they had the best customer service and knowledge. I never felt rushed or pressured and I tried on a lot of gowns! They had a great selection and reasonable prices. They were... Read More accommodating with scheduling an appointment and really exceeding my expectations. I loved buying my gown from a family owned boutique.

Blissful Experience!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Lesley Q

Thanks to the glowing reviews online, I narrowed my bridal shop search to one boutique and that was Bliss Bridal. Never has any retail professional given as much attention and love as Bliss Bridal. While other bridal boutiques have pushy consultants working on multiple... Read More clients at a time, I was the only customer the consultant was working with when I tried on many, many dresses. This is the only place I have encountered where I felt that I mattered. Bliss Bridal is a family-owned and operated store; Jessica, Mom Sandy with Aunt Janet. They were all so gracious, energetic and sincere. Each time I had to go there, I felt like I was going home to see family because they treated me and my mom so well. Never were they pushy and worked within your price range. For instance, when I was working with Aunt Janet, she asked me my price range. Even though I had dresses in my dressing room above that amount, she would not allow me to try on those dresses. They never once pushed or "encouraged" me into buying my jewelry, shoes, bridesmaids dresses, MOB dresses, but I bought my veil there because I wanted to and it complimented my dress. I brought my mom, mom-in-law, and my two MOHs with me and they loved being at Bliss even though I took my sweet time trying on gowns. Also, I have to give a shout out of the seamstress, Joyce. She was so talented and made my dress fit like a glove. She used her magic to make me look like I have a figure glass silhouette when I don't have the figure. If you look at my photos, they give you cute cookie when you say yes to the dress. I thought it was the sweetest (literally and figuratively) gift ever. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!

I Felt Like Family

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lynsey E

I absolutely loved my experience with Bliss Bridal. The ladies there were so fabulous and helpful and it was a pleasure to work with them. I felt like a part of their amazing family and not like just another customer. I would definitely recommend them to any bride who is seeking... Read More a wonderful dress shopping experience and who is looking to feel comfortable.

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Carolyn J

All the positive things people have written in the other reviews are completely true! Jessica and Sandy are an amazing team and sooo incredibly awesome to work with. They will work with you to find whatever it is that you are looking for and are so happy and patient at the same... Read More time. They are meant for this business! I ended up buying my bridesmaid dresses here and having my bridal dress alterations done through the shop. Joyce did an amazing job on my alterations. I could not recommend this store more highly! You will be so happy you came in and chose to work with Jessica and Sandy!

Exceptional Experience

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Ainsley W

I decided to check out Bliss Bridal by chance. They carried the designer I was interested in and the shop was conveniently located for me, my bridesmaids, and for my mom (living in different areas of New England and New York). While they carried the designer I was interested in,... Read More they didn't have the specific style I was hoping to try on. Jess made arrangements to have a sample shipped from AZ and I ended up purchasing that style. From start to finish, Jess and her staff accommodated every request and helped make my dress perfect for the big day. I had extensive tailoring (changing the waistline from drop to natural, while having to keep an intricately beaded bodice in tact). Their seamstress Joyce was patient and friendly, and is truly talented. The dress even better than I imagined! Over the course of a year, I visited Bliss Bridal about 5 times (shopping, fittings, pick-up) and it was always a pleasure seeing Jess. She is a joy to work with and always (seriously, always) has a smile on her face. Her enthusiasm is constant and she genuinely cares about her work and clients. Everyone at Bliss Bridal helped make the dress search/decision much easier and stress-free. They have a great selection of dresses, accessories, bridesmaids dresses, etc. and also offer dress cleaning and preservation after the wedding.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Michele P

I had been look for dresses for a couple of months and didn't seem to be finding what I was looking for. I had been to small shops and big shops and just didn't feel like I had seen what I wanted. I also didn't appreciate that some shops only bring dresses that are at the top of... Read More your budget or don't have a large enough assortment. Bliss Bridal was my last chance to find what I wanted. From the start it was such a positive experience. Sandy sat with us and went through some tips and said we are going to give you these hearts and you can hang them on any dress that you see and would like to try on. That right there was so exciting to me. Up until this moment I had not actually shopped for myself. I had people bring me what they thought I would like. So this was great, we went through and started tagging dresses. They had a great variety. The other interesting thing, is once you try on dresses they have adjusted lighting to show what you would look like in evening venue lighting. I had added about 4 dresses to my "wall of favorites" and slowly narrowed it down to two. I had another appointment to retry a previous dress, but inevitably came back to try on the final 2. I met with Jess the second time and she was so helpful and kind and once I picked my dress gave me a big hug of genuine excitement. It was even nice to go back for alterations and see everyone. On my wedding day I felt so beautiful in my dress and knew I had picked the right one. Thank you Bliss Bridal for such a wonderful experience.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Kelly T

This was the first stop on my hunt for 'the dress' as it came highly recommended from a close friend. I walked in and never felt more welcome and more like a bride. I had know idea what I was looking for and Jess and her mother were so helpful and so patient. I had so much fun... Read More trying on every dress! Of course I have one of those stories were the first dress I tried on was THE DRESS. But, I didn't know it at the time. After my visit here, I visited quite a few more shops around Connecticut but never had the experience I had at Bliss. I went back to buy THE DRESS and even found my mother's dress at one of their trunk shows. They were great at finding something trendy and "young" for my 50 year old mother. They helped me prepare and pack my wedding dress for my destination wedding and were so accommodating every step of the way. My alterations were perfect and I couldn't have been happier. DEFINITELY make this shop a stop on your hunt for your dress.

Wonderful to Shop with!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Ariana D

Bliss Bridal was amazing to work with. It was great to be with Jess and her mom who took the time, listened to my wants, and gave me the personal attention to picking out the perfect dress! They had a nice selection in their trunk show collections which come up periodically as... Read More well.