Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Private Appointments Available, Rentals, Fashion

242 South Main Street, Cheshire, CT

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Raquel B

I have been married now almost 7 months and I can not stop raving about how incredible Bliss Bridal is. Every bride deserves to have an experience like the one they provide. When I begin my wedding dress seach, I visited Bliss Bridal with my bridesmaids, my mother and future... Read More mother in law. The boutique was beauiful with a great selection of gorgeous wedding gowns and also offered that warm charm that makes you feel at ease. Jessica was impeccable! She was very sweet, friendly, and patient. She asked a lot of questions to get to know me, my venue, and the way I envisioned my wedding day. The layout is such that you feel quite private with your group and you don't feel like you are competing for space.What I absolutely loved most was that Jessica was very attentive and showed me dresses that I had picked out and then as I told her what I loved and didn't love so much about each dress she listened and brought a new one that narrowed down what I was looking for. She was never pushy and only encouraged me to be super honest with her. She truly only cared about me finding the dress of my dreams. I felt like she was on my side the entire time and she really helped ease my nerves.I tried on about 6 different dresses and was able to narrow it down. This second appointment was no different, and Jessica still made me feel special in every way. She placed both dresses next to each other so I could see what I loved about each dress and explained any options I had to alter which ever dress I picked so that I could have everything I wanted. I found exactly what I was looking for and I was able to say yes to the dress! I never thought I would say this, but I truly felt like the most beautiful bride! Fast forward a few months out from our wedding. I went for another appointment where they helped me find a beautiful veil and accesories to pair with my dress. Joyce in alterations was so wonderful. She truly is a master at her craft. Everything from bridesmaids to my dress was perfect and I could not have asked for a better experience in the wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Melissa C

Bliss Bridal is one of those rare gems that you hope to find when you start searching for your wedding gown. After having a disappointing experience at another local bridal shop, I figured I would give Bliss a try. I had not heard anything about it before, but I was really... Read More impressed with their website. During my first visit, Jess helped me pick out my wedding gown. She listened to what I was looking for in a dress and offered really good suggestions for what I would look good in. She also asked many questions about the wedding itself, and how I wanted my dress to fit into the overall look of the event. She was really interested in what I was saying, and I never got the sense that she was just trying to make a sale. I loved the fact that they let you look through the dresses and tag the items you would like to try on. After having such a positive experience with my wedding gown, it made the most sense to get the bridesmaids dresses, the mother of the occasion dress, and all of the tuxedos from Bliss. All of these looked absolutely stunning on our wedding day! From start to finish, I was impressed with every aspect of my dealings with Bliss. I mainly worked with Raquel, Shannon, and Jess. These ladies are professional, compassionate, and kind to the core. I have already recommended Bliss Bridal to everyone I know that is getting married, and I will continue to do so!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Shanika M

There are no words to describe the seamless flow of perfection I experienced with this bridal salon. After going to bliss initially, I visited another bridal shop, but just could not imagine spending my money elsewhere. The mom and daughters team at Bliss is superb. I found my... Read More dress here. The seamstress they have on site, Joyce, was great and reasonably priced as well. Joyce and I literally hand placed the lace and designed the sleeves for my dress. There is not a negative thing I can say about this salon. Even my mom said "I really hope you find your dress there." The cookie they give when you select your dress is also yummy!!! I hope this bridal salon continues with major success.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Katelyn S

Could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone there is extremely helpful and so sweet. I have bought my dream wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and mother of the groom dress here. Would recommend to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle G

I bought my wedding dress from Bliss Bridal and it was by far, the best experience ever! From the minute I walked in to try 15-20 gowns, to the very last day I needed to pick up my dress, things went incredibly smooth! I truly had no idea the style or dream dress I was looking... Read More for, and with the help of ALL the amazing ladies there, found a dress in no time! The dresses are so reasonable and the ladies working there make it ten times better. They truly treated me like royalty! It was the little things they did that made it worth it all! The congratulations cookie when you officially find the dress, to the picture for instagram that you're now a "Bliss Bride," to writing your name on the chalkboard at the front door...it was all so personable and made me feel so special! I cannot stop talking about my wonderful experience and am recommending ALL of my friends to go there FIRST! Without a doubt, the best place ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Julie M

I can not say enough about Shannon and everyone at Bliss! I had the most amazing experience. They made me feel like I was the only person in their shop. Shannon listened to everything I had to say and really steered me in the right direction. I am so happy with my experience... Read More and will be going back with my bridesmaids to find their dresses!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Caillin W

Sandy, Jess and Shannon were amazing to work with. They were so helpful from the first appointment to the last! They were patient, thoughtful and wanted to make sure that everything worked out perfectly. I found my dream dress at Bliss Bridal and I would highly recommend Bliss... Read More to all brides!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Erin R

I had a great experience at Bliss Bridal! From the moment I walked in the door, everyone made me feel so special and important. I went to three separate appointments to look at dresses and I never once felt rushed. I purchased my veil, earrings, and hair comb there as well.... Read More My mother and bridesmaid also purchased their dresses at Bliss and everyone was thrilled with them! I got so many compliments on my gorgeous gown on my wedding day. Special thanks to Jessica and Aunt Janet for making us feel like family. I would recommend Bliss to anyone and everyone looking for a wedding gown, bridesmaid dress or special occasion dresses.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Brittany E

I was very hesitant on picking a dress because it's so overwhelming and I am so picky on what I like. When I went in to try dresses on, the owners mother provided me with assistance. I told her what I was looking for and she brought me in a dress that I was hesitant about. She... Read More encouraged me to try it on and I said yes to the dress! The staff was wonderful and were always so friendly!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Katie L

I bought my wedding dress from Bliss Bridal. In addition, my bridesmaids also got their dresses from here. I highly recommend them because of their selection and how wonderful they are to work with. What I really liked about Bliss is their dresses are out and you can go... Read More through them choosing the dresses you wish to try on. The dress I bought was actually a dress the lady who was helping me suggested after I tried on a bunch. She totally understood what I was looking for and knew what would look good. All the girls who work there are sweet and helpful!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

Bliss Bridal is fantastic! It is family owned and has a great selection of wedding dresses. When you first walk in the staff is so excited to have you there. After you and your bridesmaids are settled you are allowed to shop the floor and put tags on every dress you want to try... Read More on. Your bridesmaids are also allowed to make selections for what they want to see you in too! After you try on all the initial picks the staff listens to what you like or didn't like about the dresses and then they make their own selections. I found the perfect dress here and the seamstress Blanca did an amazing job on my alterations! My mom and my bridesmaids got their dresses here as well and loved them. Every appointment was wonderful and you always feel good when you leave here.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Deidre H

The girls at Bliss Bridal were super sweet. They talked to me about my vision for my wedding and every time I came back asked me how the process was going. Overall, my dress came out beautifully and they were very sensitive to my bridesmaids' needs (my sister has a tough time... Read More dress shopping because of her body type). Only a couple hiccups. The first being when I came back for a second look to choose between two dresses, someone had written down the wrong dress ID and I had to go through the racks to find my dress all over again. But I will say their selection is well organized, so it wasn't difficult to find. The second was when I came back to try on my dress and the sides had been taken in too much. But Joyce literally pieced the dress together while I was in it to correct the fit and when it was done, it was flawless. You couldn't even tell.

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Christina H

I went dress shopping here with my bridesmaids, mother and future mother in law. I felt special from the moment I walked in. The ladies in this shop are amazing, caring, compassionate and delightful. It was so much fun trying on dresses and when I put on "THE DRESS", that moment... Read More was made even more special. I would recommend this store to anyone looking for bridal gowns, mother dresses, bridesmaid dresses. Really anything wedding dress related I would recommend this store to. (And you are allowed to bring champagne to drink while trying on dresses)

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Lauren D

I got my dress, bridesmaid dresses, and mother of the bride dresses from Bliss Bridal. Trying on the dresses was a lot of fun and they were wonderful finding the right styles to match our personalities. It was difficult to make appointments with them after we purchased our... Read More dresses and alternations through them were difficult as well. They have a great selection, but were not entirely accommodating with additional fittings/appointments once we made our purchases.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 dorothy a

Watch out for this shop. They ruined my dress and took no responsibility.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016

If any place of business deserves zero stars, it’s Bliss Bridal. As soon as I put on the dress that was supposedly custom-tailored and made to fit me by one of the seamstresses employed by Bliss Bridal, Joyce, it was obvious that something had gone terribly wrong. The dress was... Read More a good six inches too long. My wedding planners had to pin up the bottom of my dress, which is obvious in every professional picture that was taken, and ruined the effect of the lace hem of the dress. I also missed most of my cocktail hour trying in vain to fix the dress. That is something which, as every bride knows, is invaluable. When I called Jessica Boni, owner of Bliss Bridal, after my wedding, her response was something to the effect of, “the dress was fine at your last fitting.” Had I been allowed to try the dress on when I picked it up, the problem with the hem could have been discovered and fixed. Jessica told me that I needed to handle the problem directly with Joyce. Jessica took no responsibility whatsoever for the problems I had with the dress. I was willing to deal directly with Joyce, however, Joyce refused to return my calls. Jessica arranged for me to bring the dress in so that she and Joyce could see what had gone wrong. Joyce was immediately nasty, belligerent, and refused to even look at the dress. She accused me of having my fittings in stiletto heels!!! When I showed Joyce the shoes I had at the fittings, she responded that I was some kind of "scam artist," and that this sort of thing happens a couple of times a year. Would a scam artist have professional photos taken in a dress showing that it was pinned up? Joyce refused to be reasonable, or even logical about the issues with my dress. When I explained to her how it would be ridiculous for me to wear heels that would make me appear taller than my husband at my wedding, she said something to the effect of, “what you do after you leave the store is not my problem.” I do not understand what happened, or why there was an issue with the length of the dress after alterations had been done. I am not a seamstress, but my educated guess is that when Joyce moved the belt of the dress after my final fitting, the material that she lazily gathered underneath rather than cutting it from the dress was let out. This guess is based on the fact that Joyce told me she had removed no material from the dress with which she could have made sleeves, which I had requested for her to do. I won my case in small claims court against Bliss Bridal, but that is nothing compared to the agony of having what is supposed to be a perfect day ruined by an incompetent seamstress and irresponsible and unapologetic store owners. Steer clear of Bliss Bridal.

2016-04-30T14:14:22 Response from the vendor

As you can tell from reading our online reviews, Bliss Bridal has received very few that are negative. When we do, we handle the issue directly with the party involved. This review however, is so untrue, that we felt we need to respond publicly. First,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Lauren E

I couldn't have had a better experience with Bliss Bridal. I came to the shop feeling very frustrated that I hadn't yet found my dress after trying on dozens. The ladies there took me in and helped me find my dream dress-something I didn't think would happen. They couldn't have... Read More been more wonderful throughout the process. Even for someone as detail oriented as me-I was impressed. Also their in house seamstress is AMAZING. So affordable and she made everything perfect. Much love to the women of Bliss!

Alterations by Lee

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Katherine B

Lee was so talented and profession, I have my full confidence that she'll give other brides the same top notch service!

the BEST place in CT to get your dress

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Trisha C

I LOVED my experience at Bliss Bridal! When I went in for my first appointment I probably tried on 20 dresses and was there for almost three hours but I received nothing but the best care and service from the ladies at Bliss. I not only never felt rushed, I felt like they were... Read More as excited by the process as I was and eager to find me the perfect dress. You get cute heart shaped tags to put on all of the dresses you want to try on and free reign of the space to tag as you please. The selection is great without being overwhelming. Then you get the one on one attention of trying dresses on and their help in the process. Once you make a purchase you get a cute wedding dress cookie. They also don't pressure you at all to make a purchase. I was on the fence about a dress and they actually encouraged by them to go to other stores, try on other dresses, and I could always come back if this dress was still in my mind. I felt like they cared more about me than the sale. Their space is welcoming and adorable and they have complimentary treats and coffee/tea. They really make you feel special. I cannot rave about the experience enough. The price range is about $1100 to $5000 with most options in the $1500-$2500 range. So they aren't outrageously expensive, nor are they as cheap as dresses at say David's bridal, but you immediately feel the difference in these high quality gowns. You will not be disappointed at Bliss Bridal!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 A K

Loved the place the minute I walked in the door - warm and inviting. Sandy welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like we were only friends. She brought me dresses that I never would have selected myself. Low and behold she picked the dress that became my "it" dress.... Read More Sandy and the entire made me feel like the only bride-to-be in the store. Kudos to their personal attention, listening to my concerns and opinions, and making me feel special. Thank you Sandy!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jeni C

Jess has an energy that is contagious! She was a huge help in picking out my dream dress! I'm so glad I found my dress here and was able to work with her. The new Bliss location allows for a very intimate experience with your own large private room. I highly recommend going to... Read More this shop for not only your bridal gown but bridesmaids and mother of the bride as well. My mother had a wonderful experience getting her dress here as well and cannot thank Jess enough for all of her help!

Cute Bridal Boutique!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Jennifer B

I purchased my bridal gown from Bliss Bridal this past Spring and could not have been happier with my selection of Bridal Salon! The staff at Bliss Bridal were so friendly and helpful. They always made me feel important. Even though they didn't have my exact wedding dress in... Read More their store, they went above and beyond to special order the dress I wanted. So happy I chose Bliss Bridal ... you won't regret it either!

Wedded Bliss

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jillian Z

Bliss Bridal made the wedding preparations easy, stress-free, and fun! Every time I called or visited the salon, things worked beautifully! The staff was extremely personable and helpful, the dresses were beautiful, and everything was organized! I could not be any happier with... Read More my dress (as I got great compliments on my wedding day), as well as the bridesmaids dresses, tuxes, MOB dress, and GOB dress. They are truly a wonderful salon!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Sarah H

Absolutely amazing! These ladies are passionate about this industry and it shows. From the moment I stepped into Bliss Bridal, I knew this shop was something special. They are so personal and really care about how you're feeling and how they can help you better to find the... Read More dress, even if they don't have it. I found my dress here and from start to finish, they were just amazing to work with. I felt like a true bride on my wedding day and I cannot thank them enough for all their hard work to ensure that I had the dress of my dreams. Make sure to add this shop to your list as a must visit!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Marissa D

Jessica and her mother are by far the most helpful, considerate, sweet and caring people I know. You WILL NOT leave without having a huge smile on your face knowing you've picked the best bridal store in CT to work with. Jess has been there for me since day one. I email her... Read More questions about anything and she gives you her true honest opinion. She is very knowledgeable and will do ANYTHING to make you happy and satisfied. I always can't wait for my appointments, we have a BLAST! Lol even my bridesmaids ask her questions for their upcoming weddings! I really can keep going on and on about how amazing Jess is ... Let's just say you will absolutely have an amazing experience with this shop. I am half way to my wedding day and cannot wait for what's ahead for us:) love you Jess! ( I'm crying AGAIN writing this haha)

Start a Conversation!