BloomsByTheBox D-I-Y Wedding Flowers

Watchung, NJ

About this Vendor - DIY Wedding Flowers

$ – Inexpensive

Centerpieces, Decorations + Accents, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

775 Mountain Blvd, Watchung, NJ

Lovely Flowers!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Mindy G

We ordered our flowers through Blooms by the Box and put together our bouquets with my mom and aunts. The flowers showed up two days prior to the wedding, and were put together the day before. I am amazed at how well they turned out. We used them for our bouquets, for... Read More centerpieces, and for boutonnieres. They lasted all night and looked lovely! I highly recommend if you are trying to save costs and are a DIY bride.

Gorgeous Dahlias

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kate L

After researching the many online bulk flower sites I chose Blooms by the Box due to selection. I was ordering dahlias, but other sites do not let you choose more than one color without it costing more. Even without free shipping, ordering 100 dahlias here was much cheaper and I... Read More got to order a variety of colors. They arrived sleepy and wilted, like they warned. Within an hour of being in fresh water they were awake and gorgeous. I loved that they track the shipment so I had a good guess when they would arrive. I would absolutely order from them again. My centerpieces and bouquet were perfect.

Flowers turned out amazing!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Briana K

I could not be any happier with how my flowers turned out!! Ordering was simple (aside from determining which flowers I wanted) and selecting a delivery date was easy. The flowers came the Thursday before my Saturday wedding and they were under bloomed (as expected) and by... Read More Friday night they were close to full bloom. I assembled the flowers on Friday night and had more than expected. My bouquet turned out beautifully and we were able to save ourselves some money!!

Excellent products - everything arrived in great shape

Reviewed on 4/12/2015 Anne B

We ordered flowers for all of our centerpieces from Blooms by the Box. I was a little nervous about what shape the flowers would arrive in, but decided to trust their customer service policy and all the reviews that said any issues were quickly and professionally resolved. Our... Read More flowers showed up dormant as expected, my mom followed their very clear instructions, and everything perked right up beautifully over the next day. The flowers even kept impressively long - many of them still looking great after we got back from our honeymoon! The only drawback, or at least point to be aware of in your planning, is that the flowers the website says are available or unavailable in a certain month aren't always accurate. I had skipped over one flower option that was listed as unavailable only to have my mom (ignoring the website) order and receive it. The opposite also happened, where one flower we picked wasn't actually available.

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Sophia A

I ordered flowers from this company and Costco Bulk Flowers. The flowers from this company did not make it to my wedding day. I ended up deciding not to use them. They wilted and started turning brown as soon as I took them out of the box. I kept these flowers in an air... Read More conditioned room up until the Wedding Day. They were not worth the money I paid for them. My Maid of Honor ended up using the extra flowers I had ordered from Costco to make our Bouquets and Reception flowers. I would not recommend this company's services to anyone. I ended up with garbage and unnecessary stress.

Great Quality, Fun Experience

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Hayley C

I was so nervous about using Blooms by the Box - I am not particularly crafty - but everything turned out so great! The website is so straightforward as far as giving suggestions for how much to order and how to store it. There are also a number of tutorials with suggestions for... Read More supplies you need and how to go about arranging the flowers. The quality of all the flowers was just amazing, and they really know what they're doing because everything arrived 2 days before the wedding and was just perfectly peaking on the day of the wedding. Definitely make sure you have lots of hands to help arrange your flowers, and make sure you have LOTS of buckets to keep the flowers in water, but overall, this was a really great value and a fun experience, too!

Excellent for DIY

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Leslie M

I bought three wildflower boxes for my wedding. We had 5 bridesmaids, and four groomsmen + one grooms-maid. We had 200 had our wedding with 26 tables. I had more than enough flowers and was able to decorate the whole farm with little random mason jars of wildflowers after we... Read More finished the bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party, parents, and grandparents. It was perfect and a fun time making it all with my wedding party the day before. The flowers came out beautiful except for one batch of roses; but, honestly, we had so many flowers it didn't matter. I probably over-ordered because I was afraid more might not bloom right or go bad early. They lasted more than a week and we sent all our remaining table bouquets to a nursing home to cheer up their residents!

Beautiful Flowers!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Katie K

I ordered most of my flowers from, but for my bouquet I wanted pretty vibrant flowers. I ordered two different types of Garden Roses and I combined them with white roses from the other vendor and they were gorgeous. We got everything before 5pm on the day of... Read More delivery and they were outstanding. Great Quality! I called Price Chopper to see what it would be if I picked up the same type of flowers from them and they told me it would be $7 a stem. After shipping, these flowers were a little over $4 a stem. Great bargain for DIY flowers!!!!

Our Day 7/6/13

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Tamara G

I was nervous to order flowers but determined to do the floral myself as a way to save money and personalize our event. We did all the floral ourselves and it turned out gorgeous. The flowers arrived on time and in beautiful condition. The staff at BbtB were so very helpful... Read More with assisting in how much to order, how to store and hydrate and provided video tutorials for instruction in making bouquets, boutinnieres, centerpieces etc. We saved a bundle, created memories in the making of our own bouquets, etc., and had a beautiful end product. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Great DIY wedding flowers

Reviewed on 1/29/2013 Brittany V

I am very happy I chose Blooms By The Box for my wedding flowers. I am not really a flower person by any means, but after researching the cost of a florist I felt like DIY was my only option. Blooms By The Box made it very easy for me. They emailed me a guide that described some... Read More of the most popular flowers, which flowers complemented them, how to prepare them, and how to arrange them. They even post YouTube videos that show how to arrange and assemble a variety of bouquets. I chose white roses, blue hydrangeas, green hydrangeas, and lavender calla lilies for my bouquets - each of my three bridesmaids had different combinations, but I had all four flowers in mine. When the flowers arrived from UPS, I was incredibly nervous to start prepping them, but it was actually fun! Which reminds me - DON'T FORGET to order the DIY starter prep kit for this part, because no way would I have been able to use the stuff I had around the house for prep work! My sisters and friends helped with the flower prep and arrangements and I was very pleased with the end results - many of the guests and even the photographer complimented me on my choices. Just a few things I feel the need to mention though - in the DIY starter prep kit I ordered came a canister of LeafShine. None of the instructions on the Blooms By The Box website seemed to mention this product, so I didn't use it. My flowers arrived on Thursday and by Saturday, the day of the wedding, some of the roses were turning a little brown and wilting more noticeably. I read an unrelated DIY flower guide after the wedding and it mentioned using flower preservative to keep flowers from browning. I have no idea if that's what the LeafShine product was, but if it was indeed floral preservative, I feel like Blooms By The Box needs to mention it more clearly in their DIY directions. I was probably the only one who noticed the browning at the beginning of the day on Saturday, but by the end of the event, all the boutonnieres and some of the bouquet flowers were wilted and sad. If preservative could have prevented this, I would have appreciated being informed sooner. That said, I believe the savings behind doing your own wedding flowers far outweighs this one drawback. It was a nice project for me to work on in the few days before the wedding, and for someone who hates flowers, I found it to be pretty fun and rewarding!

Good Option for DIY Brides

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Erin F

I wish I could give a rating of 3.5. The flowers were pretty much what I expected, except that the calla lilies never really re-opened after shipping. Everything arrived on time, and the roses and carnations looked great! I also found their online resources and suggestions very... Read More helpful :)

Blooms By the Box came through.

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Ruth Z

I was super nervous about ordering flowers for my wedding and I just wanted it to turn out right without having to hold the hand of a florist throughout the whole process. I ordered the flowers on the website a month ahead and set the delivery date for two days before the... Read More wedding. The flowers arrived right as scheduled and were just as promised. We let them sit overnight and made up arrangements the next day. It was so great to get all the flowers I wanted at such a reasonable price. Thanks for making my wedding beautiful.

I would do it again!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Tanya L

I didn't want to spend thousands of dollars on flowers as I had a very small wedding. All the florist in Vail, CO were so expensive! I took a chance and I ordered flowers and supplies from Bloomsbythebox. For the most part the flowers came in good condition. I ordered more... Read More flowers than they suggested just in case and I'm glad that I did. My only issue with this company is that I also ordered supplies and they arrived the day after my wedding. Obviously that was a great inconvience but they quickly appologized and refunded me my money. I would buy the flowers from them and get the supplies some where else if you need supplies. Other than the supplies, they were very helpful and guided me the right direction on which flowers to pick and how to assemble. Overall, I was very happy. My flowers turned out great!!

Table Flowers

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Angela K

I order 100 white roses for our table arrangments. The roses were beautiful! Arrived ontime and in great condition.

Great flowers but...

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Elena S

A few of the flowers arrived in bad condition, so need to order slightly more than you actually plan to use. Otherwise, all the flowers were beautiful and arrived in one day, as promised! The company is located in NJ, by the way.

Beautiful, but a little pricey

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Amanda T

We did our own flowers, so I went to a flower farm for most of my flowers, but I did want orange flower petals for my aisle, so I ordered them through BloomsByTheBox. They were very easy to order, and came quickly, as promised. I stored them how it said to and they were... Read More beautiful. My only issue is, I got ALL my other wedding flowers for the same price that I paid for petals alone, sooo not really cost effective. I guess its a lot cheaper than hiring a florist, but not the cheapest option out there. With that being said, I knew I wanted petals, and Im glad I got them. They were perfect for what I wanted.

Good value - wrong color

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Julie F

I could not afford to have a professional do my flowers, so I learned how to do them on my own and decided to use Blooms By The Box as the wholesaler. I used the type of flowers from a quote I had from a local florist--based upon what I'd seen at bridal shows. My theme color... Read More was cobalt blue. The accent color was to be a soft peach (so it wouldn't be bright orange like the Florida Gators as my hubby is a Longhorns fan). However, the lisianthus and roses that I ordered as "peach" came in "pink". Some of the lisianthus were peach, but the bulk of them were with white, peach, of magenta. Other than the color issues, I ordered 100 40-CM roses (peach) and the heads on them were BIGGER than then the 50-CM Eskimo roses I ordered. I couldn't use them for boutonnieres because they were too bug so I had to buy more roses locally. When I placed my order, I received an email and was able to talk individually about my order with one person via email. That was helpful! Most of the roses already had the thorns removed. I didn't have much in the way of "waste", but the 100 peach roses, I probably had the most waste with those about 10 roses. They were mildewed all the way to the core, not just the outer pedals. Order the roses to arrive ONE DAY before the wedding and gather a crew to work on them. They don't need long to freshen up and age rather quickly. I kept my AC down to 70 to keep them cooler and out of direct light. My wedding was on a Monday, so I needed the roses to arrive on Friday so I could work on then on Saturday due to the many wedding weekend events. When I woke up Monday morning, I was nervous. I got busy on the boutonnieres, and soon calmed down. That was awesome!

Great for the DIY bride

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Anna P

I ordered 20 peonies from Blooms by the Box for my brides's bouquet. The cost was the cheapest I could find, as peonies are rather expensive. The flowers arrived packed very well with cooling packs. As expected they had not opened yet and were only tight buds. A few of the stems... Read More broke off close to the bud as I was recutting them. And a few of the buds looked dead pon arrival and never opened. Overall my bouquet turned out great! Not quite as full as I had hoped but it was still beautiful! The quality of the blooms may have had something to with the time of the year as peonies are not in season in July.

Perfect Choice for Flowers on a Budget

Reviewed on 7/21/2012 Mandi K

I ordered flowers in bulk from blooms by the box and it was one of the best choices I made for the wedding. They were beautiful and CHEAP! For 14 centerpieces (tall 18 inch vases) I spent less than $500. Doing your flowers yourself is the way to go and you save a ton! I was a... Read More bit nervous about them arriving on time for me to put them together but I called the 1 800 number and spoke with someone in customer service and they really helped with suggesting an appropriate arrival time and instructions for when I got them. They were extremely helpful, pleasant and patient with all of the questions I had. I would would definitely suggest going with blooms by the box if you can do your own flowers!

Stunning! So happy!

Reviewed on 7/14/2012 Catherine J

Blooms by the Box sent such beautiful flowers! My bridesmaids and I had a fun time arranging them on the Friday before the wedding. I was blown away as soon as we opened the box, and it was hard to contain my excitement. I wanted to smell and admire every variety! We ended up... Read More mixing in some wild queen anne's lace from the field behind our hotel, and the results were stunning. I truly believe that our arrangements, bouquets and boutonnieres were better than any florist could have done!

Great for DIY Brides, Dont buy around holidays

Reviewed on 4/25/2012 Marissa C

I was a DIY bride that made all the bouquets and boutineers. Blooms by the Box was a great service for us. We research a lot of options and came down to the fact that florists are extremely overpriced. I paid $250 for all the flowers in the wedding where I was quoted over $2000... Read More by a florist for the same amount of flowers. So if you have the strength to deal with making bouquets the week of your wedding, go for it. They were extremely helpful when I called. I straight up asked if prices were inflated because of Valentine's day (of course they were). She not only admitted to that but told me when would be the best time to buy for a wedding. Shipping can be pricey for out of New England states to look into that. Was very happy with the flowers I got! Everything was exactly as described.

Beuatiful and Affordable

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Nicole S

My wedding was on a Sunday so we had to had them delivered on Friday. I left them in the box until Saturday. We opened them Saturday night to decorate the hall and they were carfully packed and still looked good as new. I ordered white roses and blue hydrangeas. They were... Read More beautiful. Thanks BloomsByTheBox.

Excellent quality, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Melissa W

We used Blooms by the Box as a wholesale floral option in our wedding, in order to keep our cost low and express some of our own creativity. We purchased blooms of the blue hydrangeas, which we used 5 heads to make each bridesmaid's bouquet. Simply wrapped with blue ribbon we... Read More purchased at our local craft store, they were perfect! We used bear grass to line one of our cylindrical vases to cover the floral foam. On our food table, we created a centerpiece using curly willow, bear grass, and some dendrobium orchids. In our bridesmaids hair, we used the stephonotis flowers as a pretty touch! Thank you to BBB for providing DIY brides with a great floral option on their wedding day!

DIY brides look no further

Reviewed on 10/03/2011 Amanda s

We bought all the flowers for the wedding bulk and my aunt (she's a florist) and cousin did all the arrangements and bouquets. This site was AMAZING! It was really easy to use, you won't find cheaper prices anywhere (trust me I looked) and the flowers were so fresh when they... Read More arrived. And if you order early enough out the shippingis free. One of the best finds during my wedding experience!

DIY Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 9/22/2011 Amy M

I decided to make my own wedding bouquets and it was such a great decision and a great way to save money in your wedding budget. Blooms by the box is priced very reasonably and they explain to you in detail how to prepare the flowers for your big day. There is also a lot of... Read More information online on how to do this and I am not very crafty. The quality of the flowers was extremly high and i was very pleased with how they turned out. I would highly recommend this company if you plan on making your own wedding flowers.