Blue Sky Weddings

Serving the Maui area

From Ordinary to Extraordinary

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Serving the Maui area , Lahaina, HI
Serving the Maui area

TERRIBLE Wedding Planner.

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Christina P

We hired Gabrielle at Blue Sky weddings almost 16 months before our wedding date. I was excited to be engaged and sent her $3,000 excited to start the process. She took the deposit and told me she would be in touch when it was time to start planning. Almost 8 months passed. In... Read More that time I had booked my venue, my photographer, booked hotels for myself and all my guests. During all this I had sent Gabrielle emails and either got no response or a curt response that it wasn't time to do anything yet. At this point it was 8 months before the wedding. Vendors that I was contacting directly were telling me they were not avaliable to work my wedding because they were already booked while Gabrielle did nothing. I was starting to get worried about my big day. I wasn't sure what to do and I didn't want to anger her, as she already had my $3,000, which at that point she had done nothing with, so my fiance told me he would call her to make sure everything was okay. After he called her he was annoyed too, he said she was curt and telling him it wasn't time to plan yet. At this point I was sending out invitations and people were making travel plans and I wasn't even sure what was happening. We decided to call some other wedding vendors (caterers, photographers) in Maui that had worked with Blue Sky Weddings to get their opinion of her. They all said the same thing "All her brides look stressed, she's really dropping the ball lately, I suggest you go with someone else" I was upset that I had given her my money and at this point just wanted it back. We called her and her expressed our concerns, we said we wanted our money back, no hard feelings and we would find someone else. She said she was keeping our money if we left. It was so upsetting, we left her and hired someone else anyway. We paid her $3,000 to ignore us. I HIGHLY recommend not working with Blue Sky Weddings, I wish I never heard the name and wasted my money with them.

Amazing Wedding! Great Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 2/20/2013 Alice C

Gabrielle Longhi and Blue Sky Weddings were amazing in assisting us with our vision and making our dream wedding come true. We are so fortunate we found Blue Sky Weddings Throughout the planning process we felt Blue Sky Wedding’s services and communication were excellent.... Read More Gabrielle and her staff are the utmost professionals and helped us work with our budget and pull together a plan we loved. The vendors they recommended were outstanding and everyone delivered as promised. We love good food so this detail was important to us. The menus were just what we were looking for and together with Gabrielle we developed a menu we were excited about. We also had the chance to experience an amazing full menu tasting which was delicious and very creative. We knew we had a menu we loved and felt confidant our guests would too. On the day of the wedding, everything went as planned and Gabrielle and her crew helped us through the ceremony and reception with subtle grace. Their skill and expertise seems to be unrivaled, because of this we felt completely confident everything was being taken care of as needed. The memories that were created for us that day were more than what we could ever imagine. Blue Sky Weddings is an amazing planning service that we will never forget. They give 100% and we got more than we paid for. Gabrielle delivered a spot on wedding, with perfect timing and on –point throughout.

2014-02-09T16:48:41 Response from Gabrielle, the member

Thank you so much! You were a pleasure to work with and it was great meeting you and assisting you through the year on all the details of your big day. Wishing you a very happy first year anniversary, from Gabrielle and the whole team... Read Less Read More

Horrible Experience

Reviewed on 1/05/2013 Diana Lyn M

If you notice, this particular wedding planner hasn't had a review in over a year and half. Hmm. I have a long review that I want to try to keep as short as possible. The only reason I booked Gabrielle is because I felt as if she cornered me into booking her. How so? Well, I... Read More inquired with my venue before I inquired with Gabrielle. That same day, I decided to hold my venue so that I had it secured, but keep looking around for the right wedding planner. Come to find out, Gabrielle put a hold on my venue, thus she had control of it for 30 days. To me I felt as if I had to book her, otherwise she still had a hold of the venue and could book another bride there on MY DATE. Further issues: I inquired about several vendors whom she didn't book for me, rather suggested other vendors (when I switched wedding planners, the vendors I originally wanted were in fact available on my date). She was not helpful during the planning process. I would ask her questions and most of the answers came out like, "It's up to you." Not those exact words, but she didn't provide any advice when I needed it. When I spoke with her on the phone, she would constantly interrupt us and wouldn't let us finish what we wanted to say nor ask. My husband and I gave her another change at one point. We talked out our issues with her and thought things would get better, but they didn't. She didn't change nor improve always using her family as an excuse and once even saying to me, "You're not the only wedding I'm planning." We finally dropped her (THANK GOODNESS) and demanded that she pay us back the deposit we paid toward the venue since we had to re-book the venue with our new, and much better wedding planner. Well, she sent the deposit back sans the rest of her coordinator fees! WOW! The audacity! I told her that she did not deserve the rest of the fees owed to her, especially since she didn't see our wedding through to the end! It took her a few weeks to finally send us a check and when I received it, the envelope was not securely sealed and the check inside was folded in half, not secure (didn't fold paper over it--nothing). She is terrible to work with and I would urge all brides to avoid her at all costs. She has excuses up her sleeves and doesn't give you what you want for your wedding. Her prices are extremely high compared to others. If she can't handle the amount of weddings she supposedly does in a year, then she should really think about decreasing the amount of weddings she takes on. She claims that she was not at all malicious in her actions, but I absolutely do not see it that way. She put a hold on my venue before I got a chance to, blocking me out of booking it myself and we had to request for our deposit back from her rather than getting it automatically, then she shorted us. Terrible...oh and I boycott Longhi's because of her. Glad I have never eaten there and I don't plan to...

2014-02-09T19:26:35 Response from Gabrielle, the member

At Blue Sky Weddings we strive to be the best, honoring service and respect for our clients as we fulfill each couple’s requirements. I extended the same concern for planning and detail to Diana as I do to all. It was my greatest hope that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/06/2010 Antonio T

All i can say is wow. Ms. Longi and her attention to detail, her ability to roll with the punches of any and all last minute requests, is beyond the pale. The wedding was spectacular, the location breathtaking, and the food wonderful, and reasonably priced. I'd say to... Read More anyone interested in a Maui wedding, call Blue Sky Weddings first. And I hear she's expanding to the San Francisco Bay area. Wow.

Thank you Gabrielle!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Marie P

Gabrielle Longhi from Blue Sky Weddings was our wedding planner on Maui. We could not have been happier with our choice. She found us an amazing private home on the beach to host our wedding. Gabrielle was so helpful and flexible with the planning process giving us everything we... Read More were looking for. The food was great which they do in-house, our guests raved about the appetizers and dinner. Also the flowers were gorgeous, we choose a bright tropical theme and colors. We had custom linens in tangerine orange we ordered through Blue Sky, which turned out beautifully. The on-site coordinator, Julie was so helpful and cheerful and on top of all the details. The entire staff was friendly, welcoming and professional. We are so happy wiht our wedding. It was perfect.

Amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Melinda L

I planned my Maui wedding from New York so I really needed a local contact that knew that was happening in Maui. We were so fortunate to find Gabrielle at Blue Sky Weddings. She was such a help and really without her and her staff I don’t know if I could have pulled it off and... Read More still remained sane. All of her vendor recommendations were great, we loved our photographer Monqiue and our wedding cake was the best and tasted great. Oh and the food was better than we ever expected, delicious. The bottom line is that Gabrielle was organized, calm under pressure and thoughtful. She was in contact with me throughout the year and kept me informed of what I needed to do next. She worked with us to plan our wedding the way we envisioned it and really it turned out way better than we could have ever dreamed.

Dream Wedding Day: Blue Sky Weddings

Reviewed on 7/06/2010 Jane B

We were married at the Olowalu Plantation House in Maui Hawaii. Our big day was truly an incredibly special day and we will never forget our wedding planner, Gabrielle Longhi and Blue Sky Wedding's fabulous staff who helped create that moment. The flowers designed by Gabrielle... Read More and Sally of Blue Sky Weddings and cake were absolutely beautiful and my bouquet was so stunning that I actually had personal thank you cards made with a photo of the bouquet on the cover! The food was unsurpassed and we received nothing but compliments from all of our guests. Gabrielle left no detail untouched and created an atmosphere and backdrop that left us and our guests wishing to stay forever! Gabrielle was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and I could not have done it without her excellent ideas and recommendations. The on site staff was professional, helpful and so very nice, we will have these memories with us always. We were beyond impressed with every detail and such a magical and absolutely flawless wedding. Just amazing.

Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Allyson O

I was married at Olowalu Planation. It was the most beautiful location. It was difficult working from the states with the coordinator. I spent a fair amount of time emailing her to make sure things were happening and what we needed to do next. I wasn't told till 2 days before... Read More the wedding that I would have a different day of coordinator then who I had been planning my wedding with. This FREAKED me out. The good news is that the day of coordinator was calm and friendly. She got the concept of our wedding. Luckly for me I had a friend with me whom knew everything that was supposed to happen and where everything was to be set up so that the day of coordinator didn't have to ask me (which helped me stay calm). I would not change anything about my wedding.