Burton's Bridals

At Burtons Bridals, we know that you will remember your wedding day forever, and for this reason we strive to provide all of our clients with only the best service possible. Our aim is to provide each client with a stress-free and memorable wedding day. Please email or call us for a appointment.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

426 Old Walt Whitman Rd, Melville, NY (631) 424-3377

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Emily T

Burtons OK. I just got married June 2 2017 and i have been working with Carole and the staff at Burton's for a little over a year now. I found my bridesmaid dresses before i even got engaged and looked all over long island for them after he popped the question. They were Sorella... Read More Vita's gold sequin dresses and i had to find them. Burton's not only had the best prices out of everyone else, but i am so happy they had that price point or else i wouldn't have gotten the chance to work with such amazing people. (That reason being that i was shopping for a good price for my girls.) After the 8 bridesmaid dresses were selected, i also found my gown there. I picked a strapless gown - but always wanted a strap. because the dress was so beautiful i decided that i wanted it anyway. about 2 days before the wedding, Carole knew i wanted straps to begin with & noticed i was pulling my dress up over and over (which my fiance hated) and she suggested thin straps. i loved the idea. Carole took my gown and had the seamstress sew two satin tiny straps right there which looked BEAUTIFUL!! i took it home that day. i was so happy and it made the dress even better. All of my girls dresses were altered perfectly and ready way before the wedding. if any of my girls or me wanted to fix something on the dress Burton's took them in right away to meet their needs. As a stressed out bride, they always kept me happy and confident in how i looked. after this whole experience i would recommend them to anyone and i am beyond happy with them. GO HERE THEY ROCK!!!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Jackie S

Both of my daughter's ordered their bridal gowns and bridesmaids dresses through Burtons. It was such a great experience. Everything came in on time and all dresses were perfectly altered. The prices were great and affordable. Also, Carole was great to work with. She was very... Read More patient and honest with us! I highly recommend going to Burtons!

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Lauren L

I just wanted to say thank you to Carole and her staff at BurtonsBridals. You made my dress shopping experience amazing. The time you spent with myself and my bridal party making sure we all found the perfect dresses! Our alterations were perfect and at a very reasonable price.... Read More I can’t wait to come back and show you pictures from the wedding . We will miss coming there to such a relaxed atmosphere. Thank you is not enough!!

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Deana M

Stay away. Worst experience ever here. I came in on a Saturday afternoon for my very first time trying on dresses. The sales women (mother and daughter I think) were completely checked-out. The older woman was watching her friends daughters wedding video on an iPad and talking... Read More on the phone the whole time. The younger woman didn’t even know what inventory she had. The first dress she gave me was a size 4 dress that she told me was an 8. When it didn’t easily fit, she told me to force it on over my head. Needless to say, I got stuck. It is very comical looking back on but this was really not the memory I expected to have when thinking about the first wedding dress I tried on. Do yourself a favor and skip a trip here.

2018-02-17T20:03:00 Response from the vendor

So sorry to hear your first experience at Burtons was nothing less then wonderful. I personally take care of all my brides. To hear your comments saddens me greatly. I try my hardest to make a bride feel like the princess she is. During trunk... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Jess A

This was my second shop I visited looking for wedding dresses. The display dress I tried on was a size too small, but Carol was confident it looked great and would look even better once it wasted correct size and made for my measurements. Up to that point, I had only tried on... Read More dresses that were very large, and the salesperson would clamp the back so you could see how they’d look once fitted and tailored. When the dress came in, it still looked too small for me. Carol denied any chance of a mistake on measuring me, yet hadn’t taken into account my cup size (which is a G). It was very apparent I was spilling out of the dress, so the bust had to be built up to be a little more modest. I ended up having to spend hundreds of dollars on alterations, for building up the front, removing the boning, hemming, etc. I wish the owner had used her experience to recognize that with such a large cup size that style of dress may not have fit well, and recommended a different dress for my body shape. I had a lot of anxiety over the way the dress was fitting me after my fittings, but was told over and over again “that’s just the style of the dress.” By that time, it was too late to order a different dress. The day of the wedding, I noticed a hole in the alterations of the chest line that we could not fix in time, and felt fat the entire day. I still can’t look at my wedding photos because of how self conscious I am of the way the dress fits me. In the business of selling dresses, not wanting their brides to feel their best.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Emily N

I purchased my wedding and my bridesmaids dresses from Burtons. It was the 3rd bridal shop I went to and was very happy with the dress selection and their prices. My dress looked beautiful and the had the perfect accessories to go with the dress including the belt, veil and a... Read More head piece (that I just adored). We also got the bridesmaid dresses here and they had the lowest price in the area for those dresses. The reason I give them 3 stars has to do with the tailoring. My dress came out great the only complaint I have is that it was too long on my wedding day and I had to hold my dress when I went down the aisle, but I am short so I am used to that kind of thing. My biggest complaint came with my bridesmaid dresses. The dress we picked had 4 straps in the back. After being altered all the straps were crossed, which was not how the dress was designed and something that was never discussed. When they tried to alter the straps the dress no longer fit and they did not offer to fix it after that. Once they uncrossed the straps they gave the girls the dresses and sent them on their way. I made my sister go back with me to discuss the alterations. When she tried the dress on for me the straps were all frayed and they blamed that on the manufacturer, which my reply is if you get a dress with frayed straps from the manufacturer you don't call and complain about that? They also made one of my other bridesmaid order a plus size dress which she said she would not need as she got a dress size smaller from them a year ago and assured them that by the time the wedding came around she would fit in it. After arguing with her made her get the plus size dress which cost her more money. When she got the dress fitted it was hanging off of her. The altered it again with the wrong straps and when she put it on it was still falling off her. She had to go to another tailor and spend more money to get the dress fixed to fit her. It may have just been the style of the dress, but it was very stressful to deal with the errors with the bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Erica R

I really liked my experience at Burton's Bridals! My sister had bought her wedding dress there 12 years ago, so it made it even more special that I found "the one" there too. Burton's had the BEST selection at incredibly affordable prices. Carole was easy to chat with on The... Read More Knot messaging, and I booked my first appointment easily. She pulled a ton of dresses that fit the look I was going for. Towards the end of my appointment, Carole said she had a dress in an unopened box from another store. When she pulled it out, and I saw it sparkle, I had an instant feeling of- that might be it!! I tried it on, and I just knew. That was my dress! We joked and called it the "mystery box" dress. From that point on, fittings and phone calls was were a breeze. Brittany helped schedule appointments around my availability. My bridesmaids ordered dresses from Burton's too, and they honored prices I had seen on a website. Some of the girls were altered there, while others took the dress to a place close to where they lived- no one ever pressured us to use them for alterations. The dresses we did alter there fit perfectly. I had a semi-freak out moment when I was convinced my hem was crooked after my second fitting. Brittany happily scheduled me a third fitting the next week. I was able to ease my fears that my dress was perfect. I received SO many compliments on my gown. I would recommend Burton's Bridals to anyone looking for something unique and well-priced!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Shannon M

I picked up my daughters dress today and I cannot express how happy we are that we choose Burton' Bridal! Although the shop is not much to look at, Carole and her staff have patience and provided guidance throughout the dress buying process. I would highly recommend this shop.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Arielle M

Beyond incredible! They made the process seamless and so easy! So many different style dresses to choose from!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Siobhan S

I could not have asked for a better experience at Burton's. Carole and her team were extremely attentive and caring throughout my entire wedding dress shopping process. When I first visited Burton's, Carole went out of her way to locate the dress I was interested in at another... Read More location, and personally brought it to her store so I could try it on there. When I ordered my dress with Burton's, Carole was very honest in both pricing and sizing, and specially ordered my dress in the correct size, to limit the need for unnecessary alterations. Carole was also able to rush order my dress for me at no extra charge when I unexpectedly moved my wedding date up by almost a year. Carole and her team remained flexible and patient with me through my wedding day. I live out of state and was unable to come in for alterations until a month after my dress arrived in the store. Carole happily kept my dress safe in her store until I was available for alterations. She was patient, kind, and honest throughout the entire process and made my wedding dress experience a fun and exciting process for me. On my wedding day, I received hundreds of compliments on my dress and veil, and I owe it all to Burton's! I would recommend this vendor to all brides looking for beautiful, well=made dresses at a reasonable and fair price! I am looking forward to visiting Burton's in the future for any additional dress needs!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Daniella D

I found my dream wedding dress at Burtons. The dresses came on time and everyone was very helpful. The size of the place is small so it can get a little crowded, but if you have an appointment you should be ok. This place is a hidden GEM because they have it all and if they... Read More don't, it can be ordered for a fair price which is why I came to Burton's. Thank you'll again for your patience and kindness!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Erica D

Super helpful! So sweet!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Aisha R

My husband and I selected Flowers by Burton to be our wedding florist. It was a delightful surprise to find out that right upstairs was a bridal salon specializing in bridal party gowns. I chose the gowns for my rather large bridal party (9 ladies) through Burton's Bridals.... Read More This was an great decision. The staff, Brittany and Carol were extremely helpful in answering my questions and organized in keeping track of the various minute details associated with my order. They were extremely good in communicating all important aspects of the process... (e.g.: calling to confirm with the order was placed, calling when the gowns arrived, and also helping keep tabs on who still needed alterations done.) They were very flexible around my girls' schedule seeing as some lived out of town. The alterations were completed timely and the fit of the dresses once done was perfect. Before the girls picked up the dresses each gown was steamed to perfection for a wrinkle free experience. I recommend them for anyone who needs bridal gowns for their bridesmaids. A great choice!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Brooke H

I went to Burton's for my gown and it was terrible!! When I first walked in, I wasn't greeted and the two women working there were on their phones talking about another woman saying she was a disgusting pig. I wanted to walk out as soon as I walked in. Terrible!!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Colleen H

Carole and her team at Burton's made my dress exactly what I had wanted it to be. It was a Maggie Sottero dress with a scoop neck and A line. The seamstress altered the dress to have a natural neckline that followed the lace line and created a more drop waist style. I loved... Read More wearing my dress all day and was comfortable which was very important to me. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did and the care they took in each and every step!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Christine M

I found Burtons flowers such an obvious decision for my wedding right from the start. The initial consultation went great, with their price coming in significantly lower than almost anywhere else I had gone on LI. They gave me the freedom to choose any flower I wanted and came... Read More with rave reviews from my coworkers. They were willing to make me a sample centerpiece (which I loved) and listened to everything I wanted. The centerpieces, bouquets, corsages and boutonnières turned out to be breathtaking and were delivered right on time! They even gave me flowers for my cake for free.. I would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016

I haven't received my dress yet, but Carol and her staff have been amazing so far. They have been helpful in more ways then they know. Answering my every question and concern. I am truly happy so far and look forward to working with them further. Mary

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Melissa S

I never looked at dresses before, this was my first stop because they had the dress I dreamed of. I called them to set up an appointment to get that specific style number in, so it would be ready for us to try on once our appointment came. I left work early, traveled 45 mins,... Read More and arrived at a dirty, cramped, no place to sit place. The flower shop on the bottom? No one even looked up at us as we walked in, rude. We went up stairs and the ONLY helpful person was the young girl who took my information. The best part of why this review is so bad? They ordered the wrong dress, and made NO urgency to try and get the right one in, until 30 mins of us looking around a small space and couldn't find anything similar. For a "PREMIUM RETAILER" for Kenneth Winston, I'm completely dissatisfied with the service and the lack of apologizes. Never going back there again.

2015-12-05T20:37:30 Response from the vendor

I am very sad to have made your first shopping experience a disappointment, this was clearly not my intention. It was unfortunate that Kenneth Winston had a style mix up. I apologized for it and will apologize again here. We tried to see if you... Read Less Read More

Best Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Jillian D

Looking to save money for yourself & your bridesmaids? Burton's Bridals offers the most competitive prices for bridal and bridesmaids gowns! The quality of service is outstanding!! My family has used them for 4 weddings so far, including my own! We still have a lot of girls in... Read More my family to get married and we will only use Burton's for our dresses!

Most beautiful gown ever!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Alyssa F

Carol helped me throughout the whole process and was so nice in going out of her way to help me get the dress of my dreams (limited quantity). She ended up shipping a dress from Cali so I can try it on and then from there I ordered my dress, veil and all my bridesmaids. All the... Read More girls looked phenomenal and the alterations were quick and very professional done. They really made me look and feel like a princess

Dress Search

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Tina R

My dress is not set to come in until March, so I can't yet speak for the alteration and overall design of the gown. But I had such a good experience with Burton's, I wanted to write a review of their service. Burton's was so incredibly helpful, they were kind and focused while I... Read More was there. I needed a very conservative dress, and they not only helped me pick out dresses that were conducive to alterations, they also helped me narrow down the choices by helping me to understand where the alterations would be and how it would change the dress, so I wouldn't have any surprises when the final product was done. Rather than tell me I would "ruin the dress" like so many other places, they actually helped me pick out dresses that would look even more beautiful after the alterations were done. They took a stressful process and made it much easier! The staff was also friendly and very kind toward my small entourage that came with me to help me pick the dress!

1:1 service

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Cheryl S

Lorraine and staff were so helpful in makeing sure my dress was perfect. I went in looking for one dress, tried it on and wasn't thrilled. She had me try on another and it was just perfect. There were a lot of happy tears going on. You are the center of their attention.... Read More It's a small yet perfect place!

Great Prices, Easy Experience

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Jackie O

If you're looking for the "Kleinfeld Experience" Burton's is not your place....but if you're a reasonable bride, who wants a great deal for the SAME designers, prompt service, and excellent tailoring, Burton's IS for you!! Carole was exactly what I needed---she told me to... Read More "stop it and worry about something else" when my pre-wedding jitters set in. My gown was gorgeous and perfect, and much cheaper than other fancy stores that pad the prices of the same designer gowns to make up for commission and fancy salons!

Beautiful Flowers, Excellent Price

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Lauren S

Burton's did a beautiful job with our flowers for our wedding. Our centerpieces were stunning the bouquets were gorgeous. My bouquet lasted for an additional week after our wedding. We were very pleased and their prices were extremely affordable.

My dress was beautiful

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Tricia R

My dress came out perfectly, it was just what I asked for. I was very particular, and they fulfilled exactly what I wanted. The dress was priced well. My only concern was that my dress would not come in on time. When I ordered it in February 2013, I was told it would be in... Read More by October, when I called in October, I was told it would take another month. I called back a month later and was told in a couple of weeks, when I called back a couple of weeks later, I was told another week. I became frustrated and after being confronted about why the dress was not in, we were told that they did not have room to store the dress. It finally came in, in the beginning of January. I wish that they would have told me they were not planning on having the dress come in until February when I first ordered it. I have read other reviews and found that this happened to other people as well.