Burton's Bridals

At Burtons Bridals, we know that you will remember your wedding day forever, and for this reason we strive to provide all of our clients with only the best service possible. Our aim is to provide each client with a stress-free and memorable wedding day. Please email or call us for a appointment.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Group Discounts, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

426 Old Walt Whitman Rd, Melville, NY (631) 424-3377

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Emily T

Burtons OK. I just got married June 2 2017 and i have been working with Carole and the staff at Burton's for a little over a year now. I found my bridesmaid dresses before i even got engaged and looked all over long island for them after he popped the question. They were Sorella... Read More Vita's gold sequin dresses and i had to find them. Burton's not only had the best prices out of everyone else, but i am so happy they had that price point or else i wouldn't have gotten the chance to work with such amazing people. (That reason being that i was shopping for a good price for my girls.) After the 8 bridesmaid dresses were selected, i also found my gown there. I picked a strapless gown - but always wanted a strap. because the dress was so beautiful i decided that i wanted it anyway. about 2 days before the wedding, Carole knew i wanted straps to begin with & noticed i was pulling my dress up over and over (which my fiance hated) and she suggested thin straps. i loved the idea. Carole took my gown and had the seamstress sew two satin tiny straps right there which looked BEAUTIFUL!! i took it home that day. i was so happy and it made the dress even better. All of my girls dresses were altered perfectly and ready way before the wedding. if any of my girls or me wanted to fix something on the dress Burton's took them in right away to meet their needs. As a stressed out bride, they always kept me happy and confident in how i looked. after this whole experience i would recommend them to anyone and i am beyond happy with them. GO HERE THEY ROCK!!!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Jackie S

Both of my daughter's ordered their bridal gowns and bridesmaids dresses through Burtons. It was such a great experience. Everything came in on time and all dresses were perfectly altered. The prices were great and affordable. Also, Carole was great to work with. She was very... Read More patient and honest with us! I highly recommend going to Burtons!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Emily N

I purchased my wedding and my bridesmaids dresses from Burtons. It was the 3rd bridal shop I went to and was very happy with the dress selection and their prices. My dress looked beautiful and the had the perfect accessories to go with the dress including the belt, veil and a... Read More head piece (that I just adored). We also got the bridesmaid dresses here and they had the lowest price in the area for those dresses. The reason I give them 3 stars has to do with the tailoring. My dress came out great the only complaint I have is that it was too long on my wedding day and I had to hold my dress when I went down the aisle, but I am short so I am used to that kind of thing. My biggest complaint came with my bridesmaid dresses. The dress we picked had 4 straps in the back. After being altered all the straps were crossed, which was not how the dress was designed and something that was never discussed. When they tried to alter the straps the dress no longer fit and they did not offer to fix it after that. Once they uncrossed the straps they gave the girls the dresses and sent them on their way. I made my sister go back with me to discuss the alterations. When she tried the dress on for me the straps were all frayed and they blamed that on the manufacturer, which my reply is if you get a dress with frayed straps from the manufacturer you don't call and complain about that? They also made one of my other bridesmaid order a plus size dress which she said she would not need as she got a dress size smaller from them a year ago and assured them that by the time the wedding came around she would fit in it. After arguing with her made her get the plus size dress which cost her more money. When she got the dress fitted it was hanging off of her. The altered it again with the wrong straps and when she put it on it was still falling off her. She had to go to another tailor and spend more money to get the dress fixed to fit her. It may have just been the style of the dress, but it was very stressful to deal with the errors with the bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Erica R

I really liked my experience at Burton's Bridals! My sister had bought her wedding dress there 12 years ago, so it made it even more special that I found "the one" there too. Burton's had the BEST selection at incredibly affordable prices. Carole was easy to chat with on The... Read More Knot messaging, and I booked my first appointment easily. She pulled a ton of dresses that fit the look I was going for. Towards the end of my appointment, Carole said she had a dress in an unopened box from another store. When she pulled it out, and I saw it sparkle, I had an instant feeling of- that might be it!! I tried it on, and I just knew. That was my dress! We joked and called it the "mystery box" dress. From that point on, fittings and phone calls was were a breeze. Brittany helped schedule appointments around my availability. My bridesmaids ordered dresses from Burton's too, and they honored prices I had seen on a website. Some of the girls were altered there, while others took the dress to a place close to where they lived- no one ever pressured us to use them for alterations. The dresses we did alter there fit perfectly. I had a semi-freak out moment when I was convinced my hem was crooked after my second fitting. Brittany happily scheduled me a third fitting the next week. I was able to ease my fears that my dress was perfect. I received SO many compliments on my gown. I would recommend Burton's Bridals to anyone looking for something unique and well-priced!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Shannon M

I picked up my daughters dress today and I cannot express how happy we are that we choose Burton' Bridal! Although the shop is not much to look at, Carole and her staff have patience and provided guidance throughout the dress buying process. I would highly recommend this shop.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Arielle M

Beyond incredible! They made the process seamless and so easy! So many different style dresses to choose from!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Siobhan S

I could not have asked for a better experience at Burton's. Carole and her team were extremely attentive and caring throughout my entire wedding dress shopping process. When I first visited Burton's, Carole went out of her way to locate the dress I was interested in at another... Read More location, and personally brought it to her store so I could try it on there. When I ordered my dress with Burton's, Carole was very honest in both pricing and sizing, and specially ordered my dress in the correct size, to limit the need for unnecessary alterations. Carole was also able to rush order my dress for me at no extra charge when I unexpectedly moved my wedding date up by almost a year. Carole and her team remained flexible and patient with me through my wedding day. I live out of state and was unable to come in for alterations until a month after my dress arrived in the store. Carole happily kept my dress safe in her store until I was available for alterations. She was patient, kind, and honest throughout the entire process and made my wedding dress experience a fun and exciting process for me. On my wedding day, I received hundreds of compliments on my dress and veil, and I owe it all to Burton's! I would recommend this vendor to all brides looking for beautiful, well=made dresses at a reasonable and fair price! I am looking forward to visiting Burton's in the future for any additional dress needs!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Daniella D

I found my dream wedding dress at Burtons. The dresses came on time and everyone was very helpful. The size of the place is small so it can get a little crowded, but if you have an appointment you should be ok. This place is a hidden GEM because they have it all and if they... Read More don't, it can be ordered for a fair price which is why I came to Burton's. Thank you'll again for your patience and kindness!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Erica D

Super helpful! So sweet!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Aisha R

My husband and I selected Flowers by Burton to be our wedding florist. It was a delightful surprise to find out that right upstairs was a bridal salon specializing in bridal party gowns. I chose the gowns for my rather large bridal party (9 ladies) through Burton's Bridals.... Read More This was an great decision. The staff, Brittany and Carol were extremely helpful in answering my questions and organized in keeping track of the various minute details associated with my order. They were extremely good in communicating all important aspects of the process... (e.g.: calling to confirm with the order was placed, calling when the gowns arrived, and also helping keep tabs on who still needed alterations done.) They were very flexible around my girls' schedule seeing as some lived out of town. The alterations were completed timely and the fit of the dresses once done was perfect. Before the girls picked up the dresses each gown was steamed to perfection for a wrinkle free experience. I recommend them for anyone who needs bridal gowns for their bridesmaids. A great choice!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Brooke H

I went to Burton's for my gown and it was terrible!! When I first walked in, I wasn't greeted and the two women working there were on their phones talking about another woman saying she was a disgusting pig. I wanted to walk out as soon as I walked in. Terrible!!!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Colleen H

Carole and her team at Burton's made my dress exactly what I had wanted it to be. It was a Maggie Sottero dress with a scoop neck and A line. The seamstress altered the dress to have a natural neckline that followed the lace line and created a more drop waist style. I loved... Read More wearing my dress all day and was comfortable which was very important to me. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did and the care they took in each and every step!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Christine M

I found Burtons flowers such an obvious decision for my wedding right from the start. The initial consultation went great, with their price coming in significantly lower than almost anywhere else I had gone on LI. They gave me the freedom to choose any flower I wanted and came... Read More with rave reviews from my coworkers. They were willing to make me a sample centerpiece (which I loved) and listened to everything I wanted. The centerpieces, bouquets, corsages and boutonnières turned out to be breathtaking and were delivered right on time! They even gave me flowers for my cake for free.. I would HIGHLY recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016

I haven't received my dress yet, but Carol and her staff have been amazing so far. They have been helpful in more ways then they know. Answering my every question and concern. I am truly happy so far and look forward to working with them further. Mary

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Melissa S

I never looked at dresses before, this was my first stop because they had the dress I dreamed of. I called them to set up an appointment to get that specific style number in, so it would be ready for us to try on once our appointment came. I left work early, traveled 45 mins,... Read More and arrived at a dirty, cramped, no place to sit place. The flower shop on the bottom? No one even looked up at us as we walked in, rude. We went up stairs and the ONLY helpful person was the young girl who took my information. The best part of why this review is so bad? They ordered the wrong dress, and made NO urgency to try and get the right one in, until 30 mins of us looking around a small space and couldn't find anything similar. For a "PREMIUM RETAILER" for Kenneth Winston, I'm completely dissatisfied with the service and the lack of apologizes. Never going back there again.

2015-12-05T20:37:30 Response from the vendor

I am very sad to have made your first shopping experience a disappointment, this was clearly not my intention. It was unfortunate that Kenneth Winston had a style mix up. I apologized for it and will apologize again here. We tried to see if you... Read Less Read More

Best Bridal Salon

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Jillian D

Looking to save money for yourself & your bridesmaids? Burton's Bridals offers the most competitive prices for bridal and bridesmaids gowns! The quality of service is outstanding!! My family has used them for 4 weddings so far, including my own! We still have a lot of girls in... Read More my family to get married and we will only use Burton's for our dresses!

Most beautiful gown ever!

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Alyssa F

Carol helped me throughout the whole process and was so nice in going out of her way to help me get the dress of my dreams (limited quantity). She ended up shipping a dress from Cali so I can try it on and then from there I ordered my dress, veil and all my bridesmaids. All the... Read More girls looked phenomenal and the alterations were quick and very professional done. They really made me look and feel like a princess

Dress Search

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Tina R

My dress is not set to come in until March, so I can't yet speak for the alteration and overall design of the gown. But I had such a good experience with Burton's, I wanted to write a review of their service. Burton's was so incredibly helpful, they were kind and focused while I... Read More was there. I needed a very conservative dress, and they not only helped me pick out dresses that were conducive to alterations, they also helped me narrow down the choices by helping me to understand where the alterations would be and how it would change the dress, so I wouldn't have any surprises when the final product was done. Rather than tell me I would "ruin the dress" like so many other places, they actually helped me pick out dresses that would look even more beautiful after the alterations were done. They took a stressful process and made it much easier! The staff was also friendly and very kind toward my small entourage that came with me to help me pick the dress!

1:1 service

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Cheryl S

Lorraine and staff were so helpful in makeing sure my dress was perfect. I went in looking for one dress, tried it on and wasn't thrilled. She had me try on another and it was just perfect. There were a lot of happy tears going on. You are the center of their attention.... Read More It's a small yet perfect place!

Great Prices, Easy Experience

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Jackie O

If you're looking for the "Kleinfeld Experience" Burton's is not your place....but if you're a reasonable bride, who wants a great deal for the SAME designers, prompt service, and excellent tailoring, Burton's IS for you!! Carole was exactly what I needed---she told me to... Read More "stop it and worry about something else" when my pre-wedding jitters set in. My gown was gorgeous and perfect, and much cheaper than other fancy stores that pad the prices of the same designer gowns to make up for commission and fancy salons!

Beautiful Flowers, Excellent Price

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Lauren S

Burton's did a beautiful job with our flowers for our wedding. Our centerpieces were stunning the bouquets were gorgeous. My bouquet lasted for an additional week after our wedding. We were very pleased and their prices were extremely affordable.

My dress was beautiful

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Tricia R

My dress came out perfectly, it was just what I asked for. I was very particular, and they fulfilled exactly what I wanted. The dress was priced well. My only concern was that my dress would not come in on time. When I ordered it in February 2013, I was told it would be in... Read More by October, when I called in October, I was told it would take another month. I called back a month later and was told in a couple of weeks, when I called back a couple of weeks later, I was told another week. I became frustrated and after being confronted about why the dress was not in, we were told that they did not have room to store the dress. It finally came in, in the beginning of January. I wish that they would have told me they were not planning on having the dress come in until February when I first ordered it. I have read other reviews and found that this happened to other people as well.

Inept and unapologetic - never again!

Reviewed on 4/14/2014 Adrianna C

I would not send my worst enemy to Burton's for a dress. I can’t speak about their flowers (which we quoted there and they weren’t the cheapest or the nicest) and am just reviewing the dresses. We ordered the bridesmaids' and matron-of-honor's dresses at Burton’s because they... Read More had the best prices on the Bill Levkoff styles we’d chosen. The owner was nice enough and easy to deal with when we first went to try the dresses on and leave the deposit. This was back in July of 2013. When none of the girls received a call from Burton’s by Christmas, my MOH called them and was told that the dresses wouldn’t be in until the end of January because they were only ordered at the beginning of January 2014—over 6 months after we ordered them. They said someone would call and notify my MOH by the end of January so that the girls could come in for their fittings. But, by Valentine’s Day, no one had called. And this really stressed me out, being that my wedding was only 3 weeks away and the girls still had no dresses and no fittings. So, my MOH called again and was told that the dresses STILL weren’t in on 2/17. So, 18 days until my wedding and there were still no dresses. I was livid. Exactly 2 weeks before my wedding, my girls finally got their dresses. The owner was not apologetic or friendly, but she did do the alterations on the same day and the girls (after spending their Saturday morning and afternoon waiting around), got to leave with their dresses. I would never deal with Burton’s again—not even if the dresses were free! You get what you pay for and I consider this a lesson learned.

If You Want Your Dress At A Lower Price - Go Here

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Jena V

I am so glad I ordered my bridal gown as well as bridesmaid dresses and my mom's dress from Burton's. I looked at other shops and stores to find the dresses I liked and then went to Burton's to order them. All 3 sets of dresses were different designers and they were able to get... Read More all of them. They were also cheaper than at other stores and there was a cap on alterations. In my experience, looking for a bridal gown you could find a gown but the alterations could be half as much as the gown itself. This was not the case at Burton's. It was comforting to know that the alterations weren't going to be super expensive. Carol was fantastic, made my mom and myself feel at ease and was very accommodating. I was living out of state so I was only home certain days and they were able to work with when I was home. Also, my sister's dress came in and we took it home. Once we got home, we realized it really needed to be fixed because it was a little too tight. We called Burton's up and they said no problem, to bring it back and they would alter it so she felt more comfortable. All the dresses came in with plenty of time and were all beautiful! They even offered to steam my veil that I was using that I had not purchased there. They told my mom to bring it in when she came to pick up my gown. I would highly recommend Burton's to anyone. I would just suggest looking around at other stores for the dresses you like to try on and all and then have the info to give to Burton's. They were great to work with and handle everything with care.

Bridal gown experience

Reviewed on 11/19/2013

Just got back from my honeymoon and I wanted to let everybody know what a great experience I had at Burton's. I'm the 2nd in my family to use them for my dress and they have been great both times. I wore an Allure dress that was one of the first I tried on. When I originally... Read More ordered it February 2013 and Carol told me it would take 6-7 months and it actually came in early. We put the fittings off until the beginning of October and everything went smooth. When we started fitting I expressed my hope for a sweetheart neck and it was done with no issue. Both my sister and I would highly recommend them.