Cameron Estate Inn

Mount Joy, PA

Historic Cameron Estate Inn

We offer intimate gatherings to lavish celebrations with different settings to host your indoor or outdoor event. Choose from our creatively designed packages, exquisite cuisine, expert coordination of the smallest details, and personalized service. Turn your dream wedding into a reality.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Restaurant

1855 Mansion Lane, Mount Joy, PA (717) 492-0111

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kilene S

Our wedding was 10/01/16 at the Cameron Estate Inn. I contacted over 50+ venues and ultimately we chose the Inn. It was the best decision. Not only is it gorgeous, the staff are so wonderful and truly care about your day! From the very first day, they provide you with so many... Read More options and tons of information to help get your wedding process started. They are always there to answer questions or assist with concerns. We used the grounds for our engagement pictures because we just couldn't get over how beautiful it was! Dakota is just amazing. She pays attention to every detail and constantly works to make sure everything will be perfect for your day. Mary is so organized and extremely sweet. She will ensure all of your guests are satisfied from the moment they book until they check-out. The food was delicious. Most of our guests can't get raving out how yummy everything was. The reception staff were all so friendly and helpful. One of the best things we did was rent out the entire Inn for the weekend. After the reception we were able to have a porch party for our friends and family. This gave us a change to unwind and reflect on the day. Definitely worth it! The breakfast in the morning was so good and gave us a chance to say goodbye to all of our guests. If you're looking for an intimate setting that provides that WOW factor for your guests, please look no further. This is the place for you! Thank you again to everyone at the Inn for making our dreams come true.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer S

We had the best wedding and reception at CEI and we couldn't be more pleased. I adored working with Dakota as she was very professional and was always quick to respond and very personable. I've truly made a new friend! All the staff we worked with were fantastic. Mary was so... Read More accommodating and friendly to all our guests who booked overnight accommodations. Emily did a great job as the Banquet Manager and even the chef, bartender and servers were top notch. Our filet and crab cake dinner was amazing and all meals and courses delivered hot and in a timely manner. We had an intimate ceremony and reception with just under 50 guests. Our ceremony was held outside at the Donegal Spring Garden followed by cocktail hour on the front porch, parlor and sunporch of the Mansion as well as lawn games near the Conservatory. The grounds were beautiful and our photos are quite stunning. We enjoyed dinner in the intimate dining room with our guests amidst the lovely character of the Inn. Afterward we enjoyed Dancing in the Conservatory before making our way back to our gorgeous suite for the night only to share breakfast with our closest family and friends the next morning. The compliments are still pouring in. It could not have been more perfect. So many venues out there charge so much just to rent the venue. Cameron does not do this as they are a one stop shop for venue and food, furniture and linens. Thank you to the staff at Cameron for all you have done to make this our most special day. Can't stop smiling.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Lauren C

The Cameron Estate Inn was amazing! We could not be any happier with picking them for our wedding. The B&B is beautiful, and the ceremony locations are even better. They are very good at responding in a timely manner if there are any questions, and always had very thorough... Read More answers as well. I am sad already that it is over, and I'm ready to do it again. All the staff is there to help and make sure that things move slowly. We had lots of compliments from our guests about the staff and the place itself.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Ashley K

Everything about Cameron Estates was amazing! We had our wedding here November 4, 2016. From the very first tour to the morning after our wedding, I had nothing but an amazing experience. We worked with Dakota, and she was nothing but sweet, accommodating, and helpful! The... Read More grounds are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the staff is very professional. We stayed at the inn and had a porch party, as well, and we got to reminisce on the night the next morning at breakfast. Emily, the banquet manager, also did an amazing job making me, my husband, and family feel so special! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to have the best wedding. We got so many compliments from all of our guests! I can't rave about Cameron Estates enough :-)

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Cassie M

Cameron Estate Inn was wonderful for our wedding in late October. We worked with Dakota while planning, and she was fantastic. She was always prompt to respond to emails, usually within 24 hours. If she was unable to personally respond for whatever reason, another staff member... Read More would do so, letting us know Dakota was away and would get back to us ASAP. She did an excellent job answering our questions and clearing up any confusion. Emily was our banquet manager on the day-of, and she was also excellent! She was very attentive to us, always making sure we had what we wanted. She even stepped in at one point to help bartend! We felt that CEI was upfront all the time with the different fees, and we ended up coming in under our budget. Food was excellent, as were the accommodations in the inn itself. Overall, working with CEI to plan our wedding was a blessing – things could not have gone better!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 John H

Our daughter got married at Cameron Estate Inn and could not have been more pleased. We had the ceremony in the beautiful Conservatory and the reception in the Carriage House. Danielle and the other staff were so great to work with. They were responsive to our requests and... Read More everyone was very professional. Our meal was excellent and the staff got the food served in a timely manner. This was a great group of people to work with and we were completely satisfied with Cameron Estate Inn.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Katelaine F

Cameron Estate Inn was one of the first places I found when searching from our dream venue. The property is so gorgeous and breathtaking!! They have such a beautiful outdoor venue selection as well as a gorgeous rain / indoor location. It was everything I imagined for my dream... Read More wedding. I also loved their outlook on pricing and keeping all the costs combined into a price per person instead of complicated add-ons and sneaky fees. We worked very closely with Dakota. She was great and very quick to respond and answer all of my questions. All of our guests continue to complement our perfect day. From the location, the weather, to the food, everything provided by Cameron Estates was great. We chose to rent out the inn for the night, and my guests loved the rooms and the breakfast in the morning was delicious. We did have a few minor hiccups on the wedding day, but our event coordinator was fantastic and helped keep everything running smoothly so no one even noticed. I would recommend that anyone having a wedding here hire a wedding coordinator or planner or their own for the rehearsal and day of. Dakota did tell us this, but I overlooked that minor detail. Thankfully my cousin stepped up for the role and was very crucial. She helped keep everything running smoothly and on time in pair with the event coordinator from Cameron Estate. I would highly recommend Cameron Estate to anyone who is getting married. I wish I could relive our wedding day over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Janique W

I used the elopement package and had 30 guest. My wedding was beautiful and the staff were awesome. I booked the venue solely based on the conservatory or wedding location. It is beautiful. So i was nervous about the other details. I did not do a taste test of the menu or... Read More wedding cake offered in the package in advance. I was very satisfied with the food from the reception. We selected the filet mignon and crab cake, with mashed potatoes and green beans. The food was delicious. No one complained about the meal. I loved the cake, it was very tasty. Our waitstaff, Dave and his team were wonderful. I would have provided five stars except for the following reasons. This was my first over night stay at a BnB, my room was on the third floor and it was not cozy to me. The bedding was old. The room itself reminded me of an old relatives home. Very dated. We were also able to hear the conversations of people to the right and left of our room. My husband actually requested that we forgo the overnight stay and just go home. It was late so I urged him to stay. So, it could have just been the room we were in. We ate breakfast in the morning. It was good. Overall not a bad package for the price.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Ruby D

We got married on September 10, 2016 and everything turned out so wonderful. We had a small intimate wedding with less than 30 guests and Cameron estate inn was the perfect venue to accommodate our special day. My husband and I live in Indianapolis but decided to get married... Read More close to my hometown where my family lives in Lancaster County. We booked the venue three months before our wedding and it was great that our ceremony, reception, and catering was all taken care of in the same place which made planning so much easier. The grounds are so unique, special, and the inn itself has so much character. From the beginning, Danielle worked with our budget and maintained great communication with us throughout the entire process even being far away. The day of, everyone was SO helpful from the moment I got there to get ready to the moment we left. We had our ceremony outside at the garden gazebo. Dave, the banquet manager was absolutely amazing and was so helpful getting everyone together to walk down the aisle for the ceremony and smoothing out all the little details. They were flexible and service during the cocktail hour and reception was great. Everyone especially loved the hor d'oeuvres. The dining room where we had the reception felt so comfortable and inviting for our small group. I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016

Our daughter's wedding was just held at the Cameron Estate Inn on September 9, 2016. The venue, the staff, and the food were exceptional. Dakota, our wedding specialist, was wonderful! She was always available for questions and gave us recommendations when we needed her... Read More assistance. She also made herself available to meet with our vendors on-site and answer their questions. Dakota took special care to ensure the bridal party was well taken care of the day of the wedding and that everything was perfect. The ceremony was held in the Spring Garden and was exactly as our daughter had imagined upon our first visit to Cameron. Dave, the banquet manager, was also outstanding. He made sure everything was set up and served per our request. The food was absolutely delicious; filet mignon and chicken chesapeake were our dinner entrees. Dave even served drinks to our daughter and her husband during the cocktail hour as they were busy with the photographer and not able to join. Mary, the Inn Manager, was very accommodating and helpful as we reserved the entire Inn for the evening. She made sure the rooms were assigned correctly and even assisted with the breakfast service. Breakfast was also very delicious. We continue to receive compliments from our guests on how amazing the venue, food, and overall experience was at Cameron. From our first visit through the day of the wedding and even afterward we have only great experiences to share. Cameron is a truly lovely location, with delicious food, great accommodations, and most of all friendly and professional staff. I can't say enough about how wonderful our daughter's wedding was at the Cameron Estate. We highly recommend the Cameron Estate for a wedding venue.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

We were married at the Cameron Estate Inn on 9/4/2016. We decided to keep things very small and intimate so we went with the elopement package. Danielle was our coordinator and she was excellent. The process was simple and not even remotely stressful. I was able to have some of... Read More the more traditional things that a larger wedding would have provided without the pain of picking out flowers, table clothes, seating charts, etc... We had our ceremony in the Conservatory (which is absolutely stunning) and had full access to the grounds for pictures. The reception was held in the main house dining room and everything was excellent. Our guests loved the food and intimacy of the ceremony/reception. The staff went out of their way to make our day special and we can't thank them enough. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Joe S

We just had our wedding here this past weekend and it was phenominal. We couldn't have asked for more than the service and kindness provided at the Cameron Estate Inn. Our wedding planner Dakota was so detailed and perfect that I don't think our day could have gone wrong. It is... Read More a big deal to say you were not worried about anything with the venue going wrong on your wedding day but with the organization and helpfulness of the staff at the inn there was nothing to worry about. We also had Dave as our wedding officiant and he did an amazing job. He also works at the inn and he wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us incorporating our lives together. The food at the inn was also delicious and prompt.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Maggie E

We got married here last weekend. 98% of our Wedding was absolutely perfect. The venue is beautiful, the ceremony was organized and executed smoothly and the food was exceptional. My only advice is during the reception, if you want to use the Carriage House restroom you need to... Read More walk the whole way around the building to access it. Make sure you bring a flashlight it's a bit dark back there. All in all we would recommend the venue and request Dakota she was phenomenal. She went above and beyond commumicating before, during and after the wedding with phone calls and emails, kudos to Dakota!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Cameron Estate on August 13, 2016. The Estate is quaint and lovely. The staff is exceptional. Danielle, their wedding consultant, was easy to work with and extremely helpful. She was available for questions and assistance. She even came to... Read More the the Inn prior to the ceremony to assist in any way. The ceremony was held in the Conservatory, which is beautiful. Dave, the banquet manager, kept everything on schedule post ceremony. The food was delicious, especially the bistro steak. Dave had the wait staff save hor d' oeuvres for the bridal party who were busy during the cocktail hour with the photographer. Mary, the Inn receptionist, was so pleasant. She made sure the rooms were assigned correctly. She also had a room available for the bride to change into prior to the ceremony. We highly recommend the Cameron Estate for a wedding venue. The grounds are lovely for pictures and an outdoor ceremony, weather permitting. The Conservatory is elegant for a wedding ceremony, as well. The bride and groom had up to 2 hours prior to the ceremony to choose at which location they wished to be wed. From the lovely location and delicious food, to the friendly, professional, and helpful staff, I can't say enough about how wonderful our daughter's wedding was at the Cameron Estate.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Jillian B

We had the most wonderful wedding at Cameron Estate on August 6th. Our guests loved the beautiful grounds and stunning conservatory where we had our ceremony. The staff was kind, helpful, and wonderful to work with. Dakota took care of all of our planning needs that led up to... Read More the wedding and everything was organized and stress free. My husband and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. It was the best day! :)

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Hannah W

Cameron Estate Inn makes the perfect place for a fairy tale wedding. I was married there earlier this summer and it was everything I could have dreamed of. The wedding coordinator is extremely organized and helps you to stay that way throughout the wedding planning process. I... Read More would recommend this venue to any bride.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

The Cameron Estate abounds in natural beauty with a stately elegance that enhanced our daughter’s wedding. The staff provided even more assistance than we anticipated with a true sense of warm and sincere hospitality. I can't overstate how helpful the everyone was on the day of... Read More the wedding. We had to make late changes due to rain, and their tireless efforts enabled everything to proceed seamlessly. Dave and Emily, in particular, went well beyond our expectations in serving the rehearsal brunch and preparing for the wedding and the reception. They were a delight, and their positive attitude added to the joy of the occasion. Their attention to detail and their willingness to do whatever task needed to be done made the preparation before the wedding enjoyable and relatively stress free. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue for this very important event for our family and friends.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Lindsey B

By having our wedding ceremony and reception at Cameron Estate Inn, we were able to have everything that we had hoped for. The entire process was so easy that, compared to everyone else's wedding nightmares, we kept waiting for the difficult part to appear or for an... Read More unanticipated surprise to occur. It never did. Cameron Estate Inn anticipated everything and made sure to plan for all possible contingencies throughout the process. The whole thing was a breeze from the first moment we set foot on the property. We had showed up randomly one Sunday hoping to meet with the wedding planner and coordinator. Not only did we meet a wonderful wedding planner and coordinator named Dakota, but she stuck around after her last appointment to walk us around the premises and answer all of our questions. I really appreciated the extra effort up front and took it to mean that Dakota would put in that same kind of effort throughout the process - and she still exceeded my expectations. She kept in regular contact with us, sent gentle reminders to us of things that we should be working on, worked with us to achieve many personalized pieces for us in the wedding and reception that we had desired, and overall helped us plan an absolutely perfect day. Even with some last minute changes, Dakota gladly welcomed our input and made sure all our additions and revisions were incorporated. On the day itself, the staff was wonderful. Each person on the staff routinely checked in with us to let us know what they were doing, how they were doing it, and to offer suggestions, which we gladly welcomed and appreciated. As the day came to a close, the staff also checked in with us to let us know what they were doing with the items that we had brought, how they were being packaged, and how they were assisting us in getting them all safely to our vehicles to take home. Cameron Estate Inn was absolutely exceptional and we're both so glad that we chose to book our wedding here. The entire thing was absolutely fantastic. Thank you Cameron Estate Inn for the best day in both of our lives!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Abby B

We received many compliments about the venue throughout the night. Everything was elegant but relaxed. Having the opportunity to switch from our outdoor ceremony plan to an indoor the night before was a great help. It was also all-inclusive, which made planning extremely easy... Read More and saved us a lot of money.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Pearl G

We were married at the Cameron Estate Inn on May 14, and it wildly exceeded any expectations we could have brought. It was an intimate event with 40 guests, and we used the Conservatory building for the ceremony + dancing after reception, had the reception in the main... Read More restaurant, and our cocktails and afterparty on the porch. Our guests stayed at the Inn overnight as well. We had the pleasure of working with Dakota to plan the event, and Mary to manage the room reservations - both are consummate professionals, extremely responsive and thorough in detail, and helped us greatly whenever we had questions or needed flexibility. If I emailed Dakota on her days off, I'd hear back from Randy to let me know when she'd be back or field my questions if needed. We must have called and emailed each other a hundred times - I did all the planning outside of what the Inn handled so had a lot of questions, and really was thrilled to work with these folks ahead of the event. The venue spaces, grounds, and all setup were beautiful, and beautifully managed / executed to plan - the Victorian style of the interior spaces worked perfectly with our themes! And the food was INCREDIBLE - the Inn's executive chef Tyler is just fantastic and made us feel so special, everyone loved the food and breakfast the next morning was really delightful - highly recommend staying overnight if your party can fit. We were so happy to be able to keep the event going after dancing with an afterparty, and then have the morning to see our guests again and say goodbyes. Overall, every staff member we interacted with on the day of the event was friendly, professional, and just on point in a way that speaks to the excellence of the leadership and direction of this place - we were so impressed and honored to be so well taken care of. They even threw in a sparkler sendoff - beautiful!! Because the Inn is a historic estate, they have a lot of rules and guidelines, all intended to make sure things run smoothly - don't be intimidated by this!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

Our daughter's wedding on 4/23/16 was absolutely perfect! The Cameron Estate Inn was just the right place for a dream wedding! Our wedding planner, Dakota, worked with us for a year to ensure the day ran smoothly. She and the staff at Cameron think of every detail. We could... Read More truly relax and enjoy our daughter and son-in-law's special day. We and our guests were impressed with the beauty of the Conservatory (for the actual wedding) to the tasty food at the reception. The staff was very professional and nothing was overlooked. We felt supported and cared for throughout the day and in the planning process. Thank you Cameron Estate Inn and Dakota for making our daughter and son-in-law's dreams come true!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Krysten L

I got married at Cameron Estate in April and had 11 months to plan. Dakota, the Inn's wedding planner, was amazing!! She answered all of my emails within 24 hours and worked with me along the way. The inn is an amazing place to get married- so many perfect photo opportunities!!... Read More We also rented out the inn and our guests loved that. We were able to hold an intimate after-party and morning-after brunch for our guests. The grounds were beautiful for the wedding and the conservatory is a beautiful place to hold the ceremony!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Janet B

Wonderful venue. If you want a flawless wedding or special event, Cameron Estate will help you have a flawless, stress-free wedding. From the grounds, conservator, venue, etc. Food is impeccable and the staff is on point at all times.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Tiffany L

A Review of Cameron’s Inn Positives • Venue is absolutely beautiful. I fell in love with it immediately. • Original coordinator was informative and easily reachable with questions. • Allowed us to book 3 years in advance (2012 booking with wedding in September 2015) with... Read More contracted price (10% food increase). • Reasonable deposit and payment periods. • Agreeable to planning meetings pre-wedding. • Staff made useful suggestions about wedding day needs. • Open to making changes in suggested timeline and table floor plan. • Day-of coordinator was accommodating and kind. She did her best to fix problems as they occurred and kept a smile on her face. Negatives • Multiple coordinators (5 total) throughout the planning period. o Minimal and in some cases zero communication to convey a change in point of contact. • Each new coordinator resulted in a new bill with a new price (6 total bills). • Additional hidden fees not specified in contract as related to linens and seating. • Staff became less available and responsive to communication as event approached. • Minimal guidelines, assistance, or directions given for the actual events. o Rehearsal - staff did not greet us or provide any information about how tos. ▪ Our rehearsal was scheduled at the same time as an in-progress wedding. Bride/bridal party was not notified that our rehearsal would be occurring during her wedding. o Day-of setup - staff did not greet us or provide any information as to how to proceed. Family had to seek out staff and request directions. ▪ Changes made with timeline and day-of contract agreed upon with innkeeper was not communicated with the implementing staff, i.e. housekeepers and coordinator. Bridal suite was not ready/clean at time of arrival. ▪ Errors in setup of bridal suite caused significant delay in wedding timeline and staff was unwilling to adjust event schedule to allow for adjusted time. • Staff attempted to address all problems with the bride directly on the day of the wedding. When requested to address all future problems with my father, one of the staff cursed at my mother and sister and stormed off. The other staff calmly discussed all other problems with my father, resulting in pleasant service for the remainder of the day. • Additions made for cocktail hour and specialty items purchased for reception were not available or provided for throughout the event - i.e. chairs ordered for cocktail hour were not set up, specialty beers ran out within first hour of reception. • Meals ordered and reserved were not available at time of reception (the food ran out before last guest was served).

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 M L

I fell in love with the venue online, and it's more beautiful in person. My guests loved the venue and the wedding dinner- we went with the steak and crab cakes (which met our Maryland expectations) received great compliments as well. Dakota was great to work with, and we did so... Read More mostly remotely (I was 6 hours away) and she was available via email, phone, and worked with our limited schedule when it came to in person meetings. The venue is unique and charming, and there were plenty of great places for photos! The staff is great and offered helpful suggestions and ideas from great vendors to work with , to how to set up the rooms, and timeline. We looked at several historical places for our wedding, and CEI is the best maintained property we saw, and had a ton of options. I'm excited we were able to have our wedding at a unique venue that none of our guests had been to before!

Start a Conversation!