Cameron Estate Inn

Mount Joy, PA

Historic Cameron Estate Inn

We offer intimate gatherings to lavish celebrations with different settings to host your indoor or outdoor event. Choose from our creatively designed packages, exquisite cuisine, expert coordination of the smallest details, and personalized service. Turn your dream wedding into a reality.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Restaurant

1855 Mansion Lane, Mount Joy, PA

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Pearl G

We were married at the Cameron Estate Inn on May 14, and it wildly exceeded any expectations we could have brought. It was an intimate event with 40 guests, and we used the Conservatory building for the ceremony + dancing after reception, had the reception in the main... Read More restaurant, and our cocktails and afterparty on the porch. Our guests stayed at the Inn overnight as well. We had the pleasure of working with Dakota to plan the event, and Mary to manage the room reservations - both are consummate professionals, extremely responsive and thorough in detail, and helped us greatly whenever we had questions or needed flexibility. If I emailed Dakota on her days off, I'd hear back from Randy to let me know when she'd be back or field my questions if needed. We must have called and emailed each other a hundred times - I did all the planning outside of what the Inn handled so had a lot of questions, and really was thrilled to work with these folks ahead of the event. The venue spaces, grounds, and all setup were beautiful, and beautifully managed / executed to plan - the Victorian style of the interior spaces worked perfectly with our themes! And the food was INCREDIBLE - the Inn's executive chef Tyler is just fantastic and made us feel so special, everyone loved the food and breakfast the next morning was really delightful - highly recommend staying overnight if your party can fit. We were so happy to be able to keep the event going after dancing with an afterparty, and then have the morning to see our guests again and say goodbyes. Overall, every staff member we interacted with on the day of the event was friendly, professional, and just on point in a way that speaks to the excellence of the leadership and direction of this place - we were so impressed and honored to be so well taken care of. They even threw in a sparkler sendoff - beautiful!! Because the Inn is a historic estate, they have a lot of rules and guidelines, all intended to make sure things run smoothly - don't be intimidated by this!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jennifer S

We had the best wedding and reception at CEI and we couldn't be more pleased. I adored working with Dakota as she was very professional and was always quick to respond and very personable. I've truly made a new friend! All the staff we worked with were fantastic. Mary was so... Read More accommodating and friendly to all our guests who booked overnight accommodations. Emily did a great job as the Banquet Manager and even the chef, bartender and servers were top notch. Our filet and crab cake dinner was amazing and all meals and courses delivered hot and in a timely manner. We had an intimate ceremony and reception with just under 50 guests. Our ceremony was held outside at the Donegal Spring Garden followed by cocktail hour on the front porch, parlor and sunporch of the Mansion as well as lawn games near the Conservatory. The grounds were beautiful and our photos are quite stunning. We enjoyed dinner in the intimate dining room with our guests amidst the lovely character of the Inn. Afterward we enjoyed Dancing in the Conservatory before making our way back to our gorgeous suite for the night only to share breakfast with our closest family and friends the next morning. The compliments are still pouring in. It could not have been more perfect. So many venues out there charge so much just to rent the venue. Cameron does not do this as they are a one stop shop for venue and food, furniture and linens. Thank you to the staff at Cameron for all you have done to make this our most special day. Can't stop smiling.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Cameron Estate on August 13, 2016. The Estate is quaint and lovely. The staff is exceptional. Danielle, their wedding consultant, was easy to work with and extremely helpful. She was available for questions and assistance. She even came to... Read More the the Inn prior to the ceremony to assist in any way. The ceremony was held in the Conservatory, which is beautiful. Dave, the banquet manager, kept everything on schedule post ceremony. The food was delicious, especially the bistro steak. Dave had the wait staff save hor d' oeuvres for the bridal party who were busy during the cocktail hour with the photographer. Mary, the Inn receptionist, was so pleasant. She made sure the rooms were assigned correctly. She also had a room available for the bride to change into prior to the ceremony. We highly recommend the Cameron Estate for a wedding venue. The grounds are lovely for pictures and an outdoor ceremony, weather permitting. The Conservatory is elegant for a wedding ceremony, as well. The bride and groom had up to 2 hours prior to the ceremony to choose at which location they wished to be wed. From the lovely location and delicious food, to the friendly, professional, and helpful staff, I can't say enough about how wonderful our daughter's wedding was at the Cameron Estate.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

We had the most wonderful wedding at Cameron Estate on August 6th. Our guests loved the beautiful grounds and stunning conservatory where we had our ceremony. The staff was kind, helpful, and wonderful to work with. Dakota took care of all of our planning needs that led up to... Read More the wedding and everything was organized and stress free. My husband and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. It was the best day! :)

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Hannah W

Cameron Estate Inn makes the perfect place for a fairy tale wedding. I was married there earlier this summer and it was everything I could have dreamed of. The wedding coordinator is extremely organized and helps you to stay that way throughout the wedding planning process. I... Read More would recommend this venue to any bride.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016

The Cameron Estate abounds in natural beauty with a stately elegance that enhanced our daughter’s wedding. The staff provided even more assistance than we anticipated with a true sense of warm and sincere hospitality. I can't overstate how helpful the everyone was on the day of... Read More the wedding. We had to make late changes due to rain, and their tireless efforts enabled everything to proceed seamlessly. Dave and Emily, in particular, went well beyond our expectations in serving the rehearsal brunch and preparing for the wedding and the reception. They were a delight, and their positive attitude added to the joy of the occasion. Their attention to detail and their willingness to do whatever task needed to be done made the preparation before the wedding enjoyable and relatively stress free. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue for this very important event for our family and friends.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Lindsey B

By having our wedding ceremony and reception at Cameron Estate Inn, we were able to have everything that we had hoped for. The entire process was so easy that, compared to everyone else's wedding nightmares, we kept waiting for the difficult part to appear or for an... Read More unanticipated surprise to occur. It never did. Cameron Estate Inn anticipated everything and made sure to plan for all possible contingencies throughout the process. The whole thing was a breeze from the first moment we set foot on the property. We had showed up randomly one Sunday hoping to meet with the wedding planner and coordinator. Not only did we meet a wonderful wedding planner and coordinator named Dakota, but she stuck around after her last appointment to walk us around the premises and answer all of our questions. I really appreciated the extra effort up front and took it to mean that Dakota would put in that same kind of effort throughout the process - and she still exceeded my expectations. She kept in regular contact with us, sent gentle reminders to us of things that we should be working on, worked with us to achieve many personalized pieces for us in the wedding and reception that we had desired, and overall helped us plan an absolutely perfect day. Even with some last minute changes, Dakota gladly welcomed our input and made sure all our additions and revisions were incorporated. On the day itself, the staff was wonderful. Each person on the staff routinely checked in with us to let us know what they were doing, how they were doing it, and to offer suggestions, which we gladly welcomed and appreciated. As the day came to a close, the staff also checked in with us to let us know what they were doing with the items that we had brought, how they were being packaged, and how they were assisting us in getting them all safely to our vehicles to take home. Cameron Estate Inn was absolutely exceptional and we're both so glad that we chose to book our wedding here. The entire thing was absolutely fantastic. Thank you Cameron Estate Inn for the best day in both of our lives!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Abby B

We received many compliments about the venue throughout the night. Everything was elegant but relaxed. Having the opportunity to switch from our outdoor ceremony plan to an indoor the night before was a great help. It was also all-inclusive, which made planning extremely easy... Read More and saved us a lot of money.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

Our daughter's wedding on 4/23/16 was absolutely perfect! The Cameron Estate Inn was just the right place for a dream wedding! Our wedding planner, Dakota, worked with us for a year to ensure the day ran smoothly. She and the staff at Cameron think of every detail. We could... Read More truly relax and enjoy our daughter and son-in-law's special day. We and our guests were impressed with the beauty of the Conservatory (for the actual wedding) to the tasty food at the reception. The staff was very professional and nothing was overlooked. We felt supported and cared for throughout the day and in the planning process. Thank you Cameron Estate Inn and Dakota for making our daughter and son-in-law's dreams come true!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Krysten L

I got married at Cameron Estate in April and had 11 months to plan. Dakota, the Inn's wedding planner, was amazing!! She answered all of my emails within 24 hours and worked with me along the way. The inn is an amazing place to get married- so many perfect photo opportunities!!... Read More We also rented out the inn and our guests loved that. We were able to hold an intimate after-party and morning-after brunch for our guests. The grounds were beautiful for the wedding and the conservatory is a beautiful place to hold the ceremony!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Janet B

Wonderful venue. If you want a flawless wedding or special event, Cameron Estate will help you have a flawless, stress-free wedding. From the grounds, conservator, venue, etc. Food is impeccable and the staff is on point at all times.

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Tiffany L

A Review of Cameron’s Inn Positives • Venue is absolutely beautiful. I fell in love with it immediately. • Original coordinator was informative and easily reachable with questions. • Allowed us to book 3 years in advance (2012 booking with wedding in September 2015) with... Read More contracted price (10% food increase). • Reasonable deposit and payment periods. • Agreeable to planning meetings pre-wedding. • Staff made useful suggestions about wedding day needs. • Open to making changes in suggested timeline and table floor plan. • Day-of coordinator was accommodating and kind. She did her best to fix problems as they occurred and kept a smile on her face. Negatives • Multiple coordinators (5 total) throughout the planning period. o Minimal and in some cases zero communication to convey a change in point of contact. • Each new coordinator resulted in a new bill with a new price (6 total bills). • Additional hidden fees not specified in contract as related to linens and seating. • Staff became less available and responsive to communication as event approached. • Minimal guidelines, assistance, or directions given for the actual events. o Rehearsal - staff did not greet us or provide any information about how tos. ▪ Our rehearsal was scheduled at the same time as an in-progress wedding. Bride/bridal party was not notified that our rehearsal would be occurring during her wedding. o Day-of setup - staff did not greet us or provide any information as to how to proceed. Family had to seek out staff and request directions. ▪ Changes made with timeline and day-of contract agreed upon with innkeeper was not communicated with the implementing staff, i.e. housekeepers and coordinator. Bridal suite was not ready/clean at time of arrival. ▪ Errors in setup of bridal suite caused significant delay in wedding timeline and staff was unwilling to adjust event schedule to allow for adjusted time. • Staff attempted to address all problems with the bride directly on the day of the wedding. When requested to address all future problems with my father, one of the staff cursed at my mother and sister and stormed off. The other staff calmly discussed all other problems with my father, resulting in pleasant service for the remainder of the day. • Additions made for cocktail hour and specialty items purchased for reception were not available or provided for throughout the event - i.e. chairs ordered for cocktail hour were not set up, specialty beers ran out within first hour of reception. • Meals ordered and reserved were not available at time of reception (the food ran out before last guest was served).

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 M L

I fell in love with the venue online, and it's more beautiful in person. My guests loved the venue and the wedding dinner- we went with the steak and crab cakes (which met our Maryland expectations) received great compliments as well. Dakota was great to work with, and we did so... Read More mostly remotely (I was 6 hours away) and she was available via email, phone, and worked with our limited schedule when it came to in person meetings. The venue is unique and charming, and there were plenty of great places for photos! The staff is great and offered helpful suggestions and ideas from great vendors to work with , to how to set up the rooms, and timeline. We looked at several historical places for our wedding, and CEI is the best maintained property we saw, and had a ton of options. I'm excited we were able to have our wedding at a unique venue that none of our guests had been to before!

My Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Jennifer A

I can't begin to express how fabulous this venue is! From our very first visit to book the venue to the final moments of our reception....every single thing was perfect. Dakota and Randy were so patient and accommodating and made sure that all of our requests were taken care of... Read More in a quick and friendly manner. They went out of their way to make this our dream wedding! It was so special to be able to have our immediate family stay with us at the inn for our wedding getaway. All of our guests were blown away by the brekfasts and the beauty of the guest rooms at the inn. Every part of our wedding day was spectacular....from the stunning Conservatory ceremony location, to the charming Carriage House reception. The cocktails were delicious, the food was divine, and our guests were so thrilled by the entire experience. Thank you to everyone that contributed to making our dream wedding become a reality! I give the Cameron Estate the absolute highest recommendation!

Wonderful beyond words

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 nicole m

The Cameron Estate Inn was an elegant and vintage getaway. We were so blessed to find the Estate for our wedding. Our wedding was so easy thanks to the help from everyone at the Cameron Estate Inn.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

After touring many venues, we happily decided on the Cameron Estate Inn for an elegant yet country-style wedding. The staff worked cooperatively with us to help create all the special touches for our wedding day. I particularly looked forward to talking to Dakota and hearing her... Read More thoughts and opinions, for she was both kind and creative. After all the time planning and organizing, the Inn provided us with a smooth, fun, memorable day.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

I had my wedding 8/8/15 at this venue and it was the best possible experience I could have ever hoped for! We knew (even seeing it only covered in snow while I was having a summer wedding) that I wanted to have my day here since I first visited. The owners and wedding... Read More coordinators were such a delight to work with. On the day itself, I had so much stress taken off me not having to wonder if everything was in place, etc. We rented the house the night before and night of the wedding and it was the best choice! We filled the rooms with close family and friends and enjoyed the evenings together. I recommend this venue to anyone I could as they are so deserving.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

My husband and I had viewed several venues and the Estate had a casual elegant charm that caught our eye.We were drawn to the locaton for it's beautiful conservatory as a back up plan.We were thankful we did because of rain on our wedding day. Over more than a year, I had... Read More recieved fast responses by email and by phone. 3 months prior to our event we sat down and discussed meal plans, linens, etc with the wedding planner at the time Stacey, Leaving the meeting I was irritated by the "strict policies" that I had felt blind to. I was so thankful and grateful to have Dakota as her replacement. Dakota was compassionate and truely cared about my expectations for the wedding. She had done a great job tieing up loose ends and details that had not been communicated to her after Stacey's departure. Two weeks prior to my wedding, the chef had been warned that a guest had a allergy to shellfish. The chef had formulated a plan to avoid cross contamination. Dakota had taken to chance to greet me the morning of the rehearsal and had asked if there was anything I needed. I was floored to see her because all along I had been led to believe that the estates focus was on the Inn and Restaurant. She allowed us to set up some things in the Carriage house that day to alleviate some of the wedding day stress. She introduced me to Emily (reception coordinator). At that time I had taken note of a tripping hazard and had expressed my worry. Emily had it fixed by the next morning when I arrived. The wedding day was great just as we imagined ( minus the rain, but no one could control that) A mirror that the cake was mounted on had been left behind. I was told by the baker it needed to be replaced immediately. We live a good distance away so I reached out to Cameron to see if they would see the baker anytime soon. Randy personally returned the mirror himself to the baker's location. He saved me a headache, time and gas money! One obstacle I wish the Estate would help with would be to provide a staff member to guide the bride and bridesmaids to the ceremony locaton. It was a guessing game. There was an option but it was an extra charge. I feel that this should be included.The staff did a great job otherwise and our wedding day was wonderful thanks to Cameron Estate!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Katie S

I got married at Cameron Estate Inn in September 2015 and our wedding was perfect. Cameron Estate has gorgeous locations (and a backup room that makes you want it to rain) and an incredibly helpful staff. There was some wedding coordinator turnover while we were there, but the... Read More owners did not let our wedding fall through the cracks. There was always someone we could contact and our questions always got answered. They now have a new wedding coordinator and she was phenomenal for the short time we worked with her. I would highly recommend this location to anyone - my wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kristen S

Perfect day! When my fiance and I got engaged we visited several venues, Cameron was our first stop and we were both ready to book as soon as our tour ended. We decided to check out some other options but nothing compared, all in one deal, we booked Cameron the next day. What a... Read More great decision! First off, the grounds, carriage house, conservatory, and inn are beautiful! We were given endless compliments on how lovely our venue was by all of wedding guests. The planning process for our wedding was much easier than I had expected thanks to Cameron's staff. They provided us with a list of preferred vendors and the meetings with our planning coordinator were productive and left me feeling stress-free. The day turned out perfect! The staff were so accommodating and they vendors they suggested were fantastic! We can't say enough how wonderful a place Cameron is to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 melissa b

Cameron Estate Inn & grounds are stunningly breath taking.The buildings & Inn are beautiful, staff is excellent, attentive & very caring, kind, & tended to our every need. Meg hugged Mary when we left Sunday morning. Mary was just like family. The staff was professional & very... Read More sophisticated. Every employee was very kind and attentive. They know how to run a wedding with style & grace. The ambience of the estate is just breathtaking.Her wedding photos we enhanced by the grounds. We are in awe of the entire weekend of her July 25th 2015 wedding. Rachel took us through the event step by step at the beginning & Dakota continued to be right there to make everything happen that my daughter dreamed of. Dakota has a kind comforting ease about her. Kristin & her staff for the reception are wonderful & so efficient. They made the reception a classy event & they didn't skip a beat. Randy I wish I would have asked for his help more with choosing the food because he just knows what to choose for the special event. With that said I don't think you could choose anything food wise that would not be wonderful but he has a way of knowing what to put together for the event. Some of our guests said the vegetarian dinner looked absolutely wonderful & those who had this selection said it was scrumptious. The chef is to be commended for his talents.What he prepared was exquisite. My daughter knew as soon as we toured the place that this was meant to be her wedding of her dreams & we booked it the day we toured the estate. You just feel like you are in a different time & place in history.This place gives you a chance to escape to another time. This place was just perfect to carry out her dreams & visions. The out door wedding by the garden gazebo was so quaint and breath taking and where the cocktail hour was located our guests could look out over the grounds where the bridal party was having their photos taken. This was a very special time for our guest to be together and watch the bridal party. I remember sitting on the stone wall and just watching what all was happening and trying to take it all in. Just very special priceless moments. The reception was beautiful, the room just takes your breath away. Everything was just beautiful and perfect. Everything around the room had a special place and was displayed for all to see from the candy bar to the cake, the lighting and centerpieces. It was just what I envisioned and more. What they didn't tell us was how well everything would be packed up after the reception I was expecting to have to take things down that we had done the day before. I came back in after the sparkler send off and they had everything all packed up & ready to go. They are so incredibly proficient. We rented the inn for the night of the wedding it was so elegant and comforting & made our special day last longer. Every room in the Inn has a certain charm to it. Mary was so kind & gracious and she was there to take care of our guests & all of their needs. She went way above her job title. The porch party was so much fun and gave us a chance to be with the close part of the family & friends.The breakfast the next morning was elegant & charming with so many exquisite & tastefully prepared choices with a breathtaking view with sunlight streaming through the windows. I saw many of out guest the next morning strolling the ground and drinking coffee and just enjoy every moment. Just a weekend to remember.

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

My wedding on 9/12/15 could not have gone any more smoothly, and I owe a great deal of that to the staff at Cameron. Our wedding planner, Dakota, worked out every single detail with me in the days leading up to the wedding to make sure all of our wants and needs were met.... Read More Everything was executed perfectly on the big day. It rained, meaning that our guests did not get to enjoy the beautiful grounds and outdoor cocktail patio, but were still very impressed with the Carriage house where the reception was held. The venue is very clean and elegant. The staff are professional and the food is excellent. There are many different food and bar package options to work into your budget. Your guests will be impressed regardless of how much you choose. If you have a large wedding party and/or family, I highly recommend renting out the entire Inn as well. We were able to have an after party on the porch and breakfast (which was excellent) together in the morning as well. Perfect way to wind down after such an event. We could not have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Kimberly P

This venue was absolutely gorgeous! Everyone was so helpful. We chose to do the rehearsal dinner at Cameron Estate Inn and we're pleased with the overall quality and price of dinner. Would recommend Cameron Estate Inn to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

We had 18 months to plan our daughter's wedding. The first venue we visited was Cameron Estate Inn. The young couple immediately knew it was their location, and we booked it that day. Every single step of the process was documented, every request was responded to immediately,... Read More and every question was answered. The culmination was a family and friends weekend event that will be remembered forever. We had 165 guests at the ceremony and reception, and housed the bridal party, family and friends in the mansion. We filled every room, and it was the best decision we made. In the hustle and bustle of a wedding, we had time to visit during breakfast, the porch parties, lunch and dinner. Every detail was elegant, yet casual and relaxed. The feedback we have gotten from our guests has been wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Cameron Estate Inn and our storybook wedding weekend. Thanks to Randy, John, Mary, Dakota and the rest of the staff for making our dreams come true.

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Jennifer H

From the minute I saw the grounds at the Cameron Estate Inn, I knew I wanted to have my ceremony and reception there. The grounds are beautiful!!! I absolutely loved working with Dakota, Mary and Emily. They go above and beyond to make your wedding a day to remember for a... Read More lifetime!! I can't thank them enough!! Our wedding was amazing and our guests raved about the grounds, the service and the staff. Everyone was highly impressed with the Cameron Estate Inn!! I highly recommend having your wedding or a special event held at the Inn. You will not be disappointed!! My husband and I are looking forward to spending our first anniversary in a room at the Inn.