Colorado Wedding Productions

Serving most of Colorado! We love to travel.

We Love Love!

And we understand the importance of celebrating commitment to it. Our aim is to help you create and remember a celebration that is sincere, worry free, and lots of fun with a staff who works together well, goes above and beyond to master their crafts, and cares deeply about your wedding. These are our guiding principles, this is our mission. Colorado Wedding Productions is a group of individual wedding vendors who realized we could create better weddings and serve better at them if we could rely on each other to be professional, communicate with each other, have a high standard of quality, and be committed to do what's necessary to make your wedding fantastic! Colorado Wedding Productions is also the home of adventure weddings, a ceremony in the wild

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Boulder, CO Serving most of Colorado! We love to travel. (720) 503-6933

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Kate D

Brides, PLEASE READ!! We chose CWP for ALL THREE SERVICES (music, photography, videography) and we were blown away! We addressed each area of expertise individually, because they are all unique in their work and each deserve a separate acknowledgment. Music: Shaun Piazza... Read More (DJ/Master of Ceremony) We cannot emphasize enough how FANTASTIC Shaun truly is! We can easily say, our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without him. If you are looking for a DJ who is not only professional and responsible, but can read a crowd and have fun, this is your guy! He really worked with our budget, met with us whenever we wanted, confirmed all details days before the wedding to ensure our day would go perfectly, and made the day of our wedding run so smoothly and with the biggest smile on his face! He managed our entire night from start to finish! Along with being extremely organized and dedicated to our wedding, Shaun continuously checked in with us to ensure things were going the way we wanted it to! Not only were we thoroughly impressed, but our friends/family were as well! Thanks to Shaun and his unbelievable devotion to our wedding, our day was flawless! Photography: Amber and Mary We were so lucky to have these two lead photographers at our wedding! Amber is such a fun, creative, and innovative individual and we would HIGHLY RECOMMEND her! We really appreciate how she encouraged us to choose poses, backdrops, etc., but also wasn’t afraid to take charge when we weren’t sure what to do next! She made our photo-taking experience fun, quick, and efficient! Mary also did an OUTSTANDING job! She is such a kind and wonderful individual who takes beautiful photos. Mary made it easy to take “natural photos” because she blended in with our family and friends so easily. Both of these ladies were FANTASTIC and everyone who has seen our photos are tremendously impressed with their work! They took photography to an entirely new level! Along with taking “traditional” wedding photos, they took unique photos that really emphasize their extraordinary skills. If you want exceptional photographers at your wedding, please consider Amber and Mary! Videography: Ben and Lindsay We are so happy we had Ben and Lindsay document our day! Ben is such a FUN individual who wasn’t afraid to get in there and start recording the moment we arrived. He brought with him this unbelievable camera that moved in every direction, which made for some great footage! The recording was very smooth and his creative mind just wouldn’t stop! I can honestly say, he is the most talented videographer we have ever met! Lindsay, our second videographer, was AMAZING! She was such a pleasure to work with and blended into our day so nicely! She has her own unique take on videography, which we loved! Collectively, they created one incredible video in the end that my husband and I were speechless! We were so lucky to have this incredible duo at our wedding and would recommend them to anyone! Weddings can be stressful, but thanks to CWP, our day was stress-free and absolutely incredible! We would highly recommend any of these professionals, especially all of them together because they work so well as a team! It didn’t feel like they were there for a job, but rather to be a part of our day and make it as wonderful as possible! Please consider CWP for your wedding! They are the reason our day was so perfect and why our family and friends called it “one of the best weddings they have ever been to!”

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Megan G

My main priority for my reception was that it felt like a fun dance party and a not a lame wedding reception! DJ Jesse Summers was AMAZING! He literally had all of my friends on the dance floor for four straight hours. Guests told me they didn't want to leave the dance floor to... Read More even get another drink! In addition to mixing amazing music, Jesse was extremely professional. He met with us in person to discuss our needs, had a call with us the week before our wedding to nail down all the details and he arrived at the venue a couple hours early to ensure the set-up went smoothly. He bought very specific Christian music that I wanted for the ceremony and the execution was flawless. He even stepped up and helped the bridal party get lined up and kept everyone on point. He allowed us to provide him with a list of songs we wanted played during dinner and he tastefully added to it in the appropriate genre. After dinner he orchestrated the toasts and was very comfortable on the mic. He was more than a DJ, as he MC'd the reception too. He had the perfect balance and everyone enjoyed his vibe. But clearly the best part was the way he kept the party going all night long. Many of my friends got his contact information and everyone is still talking about how it was the BEST wedding dance party they have ever been to. Thanks again Jesse for making our wedding night so much fun!! If you want a true professional with an exceptional ability to mix dance music and keep the dance floor hopping- give Jesse a call!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Keeri F

We had Brett as our DJ for our wedding, and he did an exceptional job. He listened to our concerns and requests and pulled them off without missing a beat. He set the exact right tone that we were looking for and we had an amazing time. We even had a specific style and genre of... Read More music that we wanted to have played during the cocktail hour and dinner, and with only my minimal description he nailed it on the head. He did exactly what we wanted and the day would not have been the same without him. I would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Kylie A

I don't know how to emphasize enough how instrumental Jesse was to the entire experience of our wedding. The DJ was the most important thing to my husband (besides the videographer, whom we also hired through CWP - shout out to Ben! Will write a separate review for him!) as he... Read More comes from a very musical background. He spoke with several other people on the phone and ruled them out immediately, but after hearing one of Jesse's mixes and talking to him for about 10 minutes he could tell that Jesse "gets it". And he really did! He was so communicative and supportive leading up to our wedding day, working with us to really understand our style - which he NAILED, by the way - and to make sure everything would go off without a hitch. On our wedding day, Jesse gave us a flawless experience (despite a few SNAFUs with the venue) that had everyone commenting on the music at every stage - not just during the reception. He was so kind and thoughtful, periodically checking in to make sure we were having a good time. And he knows how to keep a party going!! So many of our guests commented on how sore their legs were the next day because they just couldn't tear themselves away from the dance floor. Our friends have been brainstorming party ideas just so we have an excuse to hire Jesse for something again, no joke. To close the night out he made sure my husband and I had the dance hall to ourselves for one final dance and it was so romantic and absolutely perfect. Jesse completely blew us away, we could not have had our "Best Day Ever" without him.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Greg D

Colorado Wedding Productions gave us a day we'll never forget. My wife and I never thought we'd get married up in the mountains but Shaun and his team made that all too easy for us. CWP is a turn key service. There's no pressure, stress, or headaches. Show up, get married, have... Read More fun, and leave with a memory you'll never forget. Shaun's communication during the planning was concise and his attention to detail for the ceremony was spot on. He literally came prepared for anything that could have happened. Memories are made to last but they're enjoyed even more with great photos and Amber did an awesome job capturing a day we'll never forget. Neither my wife nor I have ever spent time in front of the lens with a professional photographer but Amber made the photos so much fun. She has an eye for composition and knows how to create images that will last a life time. A wedding is not complete without an officiant and Lisa was a pleasure to work with. She let us know up front that this was our wedding and it was about us, so we could tailor our ceremony however we pleased. And I'm glad she did because we were able to create a ceremony special to the both of us. Words cannot express enough how much fun we had on our wedding day. Shaun and his crew are professionals in their craft and we can't thank them enough for the memories we've created.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Claire M

Awesome. Shaun and Christian were great, and really professional. When we booked, they sent us a questionnaire to help them understand the flow and expectations of our wedding, which made everything really simple and smooth. Couldn't recommend enough!

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Elsa K

This company was absolutely incredible!! We originally spoke with Shaun who was so helpful! He pointed us in the right direction for our budget and we couldn't have been more happy with Carl! I was quite particular and specific about the timing of my ceremony music and Carl... Read More delivered exactly what I wanted! Every song request was met and he was SO good with our two girls! He let theme spin at the DJ table which made their night!! Everyone raved about how great the DJ was and how friendly and personable he was! Trying to plan an out of state wedding was stressful at first but Colorado Wedding Productions eased my stress entirely! I highly recommend them to anyone needing a DJ! I would give more than 5 stars if I was able! Thanks again Shaun and Carl! You guys are amazing!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Chuyen H

My review is for Jesse, our DJ. He is amazing! When we initially talked, he said his goal during an event is to make sure people don't sit down once the party started and he lived up to that promise! My wedding had the most lively dance floor I have ever been too. Jesse took the... Read More time to make mixes which kept people entertained. He also is very kind and easy to work with. I got caught up with a lot of tasks before the wedding and he was patient but kindly reminded me what he still needed. He really understands the plight of a bride and does not add to the stress. Jesse made our wedding very special.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Kate W

Shaun was the DJ at our wedding last December and did a top notch job. He was very organized and super professional. He was thorough in going over all of our song requests as well as how we would like for the night's events to run. He worked well collaborating with our event... Read More planner and ensured that everything ran smoothly. We danced the night away. Shaun was fantastic at picking a wide range of songs that all different ages would enjoy dancing too. I got tons of compliments after the wedding on the music. He made it fun and did not take over the microphone like some other DJs I have seen at weddings. A guest would make a song request and he would play their song immediately. Following that he would pick a song very close to the genre to keep everyone dancing. I highly recommend these guys for a night of fun!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Kenedi S

Jesse did an amazing job! Both my husband and I were so happy with how the night went, he was very attentive and so nice. I talked to him on the phone a few days before and he took what we talked about and turned it into a playlist! The music was great and he played the right... Read More stuff at the right times: Slower, more country based during dinner and when all of the relatives were there, and switched to more pop/rap as the night progressed into a party. We didn't have a day of coordinator, so I was worried about him being able to get set up where he needed to be, but he had everything ready to go by the time we got down to the site and everything went so smoothly!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Brian S

Shaun was fantastic for our wedding. When we started, we weren't planning on having a DJ. In fact, I was pretty much against it. We were doing such a small wedding that I figured we could just iPod the whole thing. I'm glad I changed my mind. Shaun took great care of us and... Read More took the music off our plate so we didn't have to think about it. He helped to keep the party moving. He showed up early, got setup, helped out and was out of the way as we transitioned our small space multiple times. I would recommend him for any occasion or wedding!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Brian S

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Rachael S

Shaun was absolutely wonderful. He kept everyone dancing the entire night. He provided great direction throughout the entire evening. In addition, he was professional and easy to work with. Shaun - thank you for keeping the dance floor moving!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Suzanna V

Carl DJ'd our wedding ceremony and reception in October 2016. He is newer to Colorado Wedding Productions, so we were a little skeptical at first. Once he showed up on the big day, we knew we didn’t have a reason to worry. He proved himself at our wedding in a big way, taking... Read More charge of the reception with confidence! He is very professional and walked us through the whole process with the planning sheet. I am very big on planning every last detail and he had thought of some things that had never even crossed my mind! We felt very relaxed throughout the wedding because we knew he had everything under control. He played the songs we requested and then some others that went with the genres we chose. He is good at reading the crowd and knowing which songs are appropriate for that particular time or the group that is on the dance floor. Best of all, he had everyone dancing and that is a pretty big feat for a daytime wedding! I still have friends and relatives raving a month later about how much fun they had and how they have never danced so much at a wedding. This was very good to hear as I was worried that no one would dance at a daytime wedding. Many people have told me that they have been to so many "stuffy" weddings, but mine was actually fun and they were able to dance & enjoy themselves! We would definitely recommend DJ Carl and Colorado Wedding Productions to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kayla S

Jesse did an amazing job as the DJ/MC for our wedding! He went above and beyond to make sure that every aspect of our wedding went as we desired. From getting us drinks to running to get a knife to cut the cake, he was always helpful and attentive. He has a great personality and... Read More was fantastic to work with in selecting music and gauging the crowd throughout the night! Out of all the vendors we worked with for the wedding Jesse was the standout favorite!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 brett g

We had Shaun Piazza from Colorado Wedding Productions for our wedding. He helped us have such a fun wedding and even better dance party! I can not thank Shaun enough for his professionalism. He always checked in with us about how the party is going, if there are any spurt of... Read More the moment songs we would like to hear, and any other special requests he could commit to that would make our night even more special. I highly recommend Shaun as a DJ for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sieglinde A

The service that we receive when we booked Carl for our wedding was unparalleled. From the beginning to the end of the whole process we are thrilled with the service that was provided. Carl is truly talented at what he does and singlehandedly kept our wedding going the way we... Read More wanted it to. He went above and beyond and truly shone as the best vendor at our wedding. He was personable, kind and fun. Making sure I got a drink in my hand right when I sat down, kindly kept us on timeline and adjusted when needed, provided the perfect music for the crowd and even make sure to wish us well as we were preparing to leave. He even custom made a track for the father/daughter dance that we wanted, seamlessly mashing up several songs into one so that we could perform a choreographed dance. I highly recommend Carl if you want exceptional service! They know what they are doing! Thanks again Carl and Sean for making our wedding an incredible experience.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Brianna S

Shaun was absolutely wonderful to work with from Colorado Wedding Productions as our DJ/MC for our wedding. From the beginning, Shaun took great care to understand our vision and needs along with offering great advice through the entire process. From sound and music at the... Read More ceremony to the first dance and toasts and speeches at the reception, Shaun created a great flow to the evening. The transitions between various elements of the evening went seamlessly. We highly recommend Shaun if you are looking for a DJ/MC for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lindsey H

Shaun DJ'd our wedding this fall and we couldn't be happier. The whole process was a breeze and always felt at ease with that aspect of our wedding. We worked out the basics up front and met with Shaun and then got in touch again a week before the wedding with our song choices... Read More and play/do not play lists. He stuck to our lists and accommodated our guests as well. We were happy and so were our guests! We highly recommend Colorado Wedding Productions!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Christi C

We are SO glad we used Colorado Wedding Productions and DJ Shaun Piazza for our wedding on 9/24/16! Shaun handled the music and sound for our mountaintop ceremony seamlessly, and then KILLED it with our reception jams. Our dance floor was completely full during the entire... Read More reception, and several people came up to me and told me how much they loved our DJ. Shaun was great to work with and the pricing was HALF as much as some of the other DJ companies we talked to. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Andi S

The level of professionalism was outstanding with Colorado Wedding Productions. They were very easy to work with and the price was right! We hired Jesse for our wedding as a DJ at the Rembrandt Yard. Jesse was phenomenal, I have never been at a wedding that had so many people on... Read More the dance floor for so long. We didn't sit down once after we got up to cut the cake. The music he chose for before the ceremony and during cocktail hour was perfect and he understood our favorite music well. He played appropriate requests, organized our grand entrance, even got me a drink while we waited outside to be announced and most importantly kept the energy going until the very last song of the night. In my opinion, he was better than we had even hoped. He is very serious about his job and you can tell he works hard to make everything run smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Terese C

Booking a DJ was the last thing on our minds with planning our wedding. Thankfully Colorado Wedding Productions was available and attentive. We had Brett Engelhardt as our DJ. He asked the right questions and executed our wishes for the night. The sound was high quality for... Read More speeches and even better for dancing. Everyone had a great time thanks to Brett. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Lisa V

Shaun with Colorado Wedding Productions was the absolute best wedding DJ we could have asked for! Not only did Shaun lead us through the planning process efficiently and with zero stress, but he perfectly executed all elements of the wedding day itself as well. When Shaun says... Read More he's got this, you can be 110% confident that he's got this. Shaun read the room perfectly, adjusted on the fly, and kept our guests (and us!) on the dance floor for the entirety of the night. Literally there was not a moment during the reception when the dance floor was not completely full! Shaun was extremely attentive to detail, but also ran the show day-of as our emcee totally independently and flawlessly. With just a few song and genre suggestions and examples he completely nailed the collective mood and feel we were going for in all aspects of the wedding. We were told by multiple wedding guests that our wedding's music was the most thoughtful they'd ever heard and that the overall environment was amazing. We would highly recommend Shaun for any DJing needs, especially for your upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Melanie T

Jesse was our DJ at our wedding last weekend in Telluride, CO. Not only was the entire process so easy, but he did a phenomenal job! Our guests kept coming up to me all night telling me how awesome the DJ was. There were some people who didn't leave the dance floor (including... Read More myself)! Shaun was awesome too in the planning process and even met with us in person. Jesse did too. I would HIGHLY recommend this company and Jesse as your DJ!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Shane V

We had Carl for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. He ensured everything at the wedding was perfect, whether it was the music, our food, or the wellbeing of our guests. Everybody was up and dancing the whole time and we had a lot of comments about how great he was. Could... Read More not recommend enough.

Shaun Piazza

Thank you for taking a moment to check us out. My name is Shaun and I grew up DJing weddings with my father. After graduating from CU Boulder, I immersed myself in the wedding world and took in all of the wonderful parts of it, as well as everything I thought could be done better. 7 years later, I've made lots of connections and realized many vendors don't approach their work with the same level of care. Colorado Wedding Productions teamed up so we could rely on each other to have a high standard of quality, professionalism, and care! We bring these standards to every wedding we serve.