31 years of excellent wedding planning service

There are hundreds of details, decisions, phone calls and rules of etiquette to follow. We listen to you, and our knowledgeable and creative staff of Planners will give you the wedding day of your dreams. We will save you time, money and stress while you enjoy the day and cherish the memories.

Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

National Harbor, MD DC/MD/VA (240) 375-3953

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Violeta G

Could NOT have planned my wedding without Diane. My fiancé and I started the process on our own by trying to select a venue, which we successfully did, but after that process I knew I needed help. We both had very busy schedules. My family was on the other side of the country. I... Read More knew I did not have the time or connections to plan this wedding on my own. I went with the best friend package and I can say Diane really does become your best friend during the process. I wish I had something to plan, just to have a reason to call her on a regular basis. Her connections and recommendations for vendors was the most invaluable thing she could offer. It really paid off to have someone on your side that has been in the business for as long as she has. The reason I chose Diane and Covenant Weddings is because I had never planned a wedding before and wanted to make sure that it went as close to perfect as possible. I was looking for someone who would be comfortable enough to tell me which idea I had was a good one or not. I trusted Diane would and could do that for me, which I appreciated. I did not want a "Yes" person. However, this is not to say that if you want something that a vendor is unwilling to negotiate, that you do not have the best advocate for you in your corner. I cannot say enough good things about the company and cannot give Diane enough thanks for making the process and most importantly my wedding day the best it could have been!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Janice F

Diane and the team at Covenant Weddings and Occasions are THE BEST! Professional, timely, and great attention to detail. My wedding day was perfect, and I didn't have a care in the world on the day (Sept. 16, 2016). Even as someone in the wedding industry, initially, I was... Read More overwhelmed with ideas, decisions, vendor isssues, and money. Jackie was my voice of reason and kept me calm, always saying "we got you". While Diane knew how to orchestrate and make the plan work to perfection. These two ladies worked late hours and made themselves available whenever I needed them. I can't tell you how reassuring it was on the day to know they were in charge. My family and bridesmaids kept asking what they needed to do, and my response was "nothing CWO will take care of it"....and they did! Wedding day assistant Ciara, was awesome. I would see her out of the corner of my eye moving around ensuring everything was in order, and even acting as the heavy when she had to. It brings tears to my eyes to think of all that they did for me and my husband on our wedding day. Here's my interpretation of who Covenant Weddings and Occasions were to me during my wedding process: God sent his angels when it was time, he sent his angels to adorn and make beautiful my path of a straight line, they organized the room and the others who played a part, and prepared the way for me to walk to the man HE sent to care for me and my heart. So blessed and thankful for Covenant Weddings and Occasions

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Feza K

Diane is an absolute gem! We hired her in May '16 to help us plan an August '16 wedding with around 300 guests. We had a very tight timeframe in which to put together a beautiful event for our many friends and family that would be attending our wedding from near and far. On top... Read More of that, we had a limited budget to devote towards hiring a planner. Diane was a dream come true. Before we even hired her, we knew that she was the perfect fit. We had a lot to accomplish in a limited amount of time, but her professionalism and expertise put us immediately at ease. We hired her for the Day-of Plus Package, and yet she did way more for us than we could afford to pay her for (seriously). She was an amazing help; she literally spoon-fed us every vendor we needed, all of whom were top notch. A few days before the wedding, I needed my wedding dress altered. Diane referred me to a fabulous seamstress that worked wonders within 24 hours. If I didn't trust Diane, I'm not sure I would have trusted a seamstress with my dress days before the Big Day. Needless to say, Diane's referral did not disappoint; in fact, all of the vendors we used were amazing and best of all, within our budget. I'm sure we gave Diane a few grey hairs during her time working with us, but she handled us with grace, compassion and professionalism. She is extremely organized and has a stellar reputation (rightfully so!). It was an absolute pleasure working with Diane and her team on our wedding day. We are so happy that we hired her. We wholeheartedly recommend Diane without reservation!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Natasha J

These ladies were a great team and worked with my husband and me tirelessly! I have to admit, I was skeptical at first as to whether they would be able to see my vision (though it wasn't completely formed initially) but they met and exceeded my expectations. They brought an... Read More endless supply of vendor options to us. They were great mediators and put out all of the "fires" that developed (and I'm sure even ones that I didn't know had developed) with ease. We are so grateful to them for working with us!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Alan F

It was such a pleasure to work with Diane and her team at Convenant Weddings and Occasions. They are the penultimate professionals. . .on time, organized and extremely professional! Great job team!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Blayre M

Diane was fantastic to work with! She was flexible and helpful. I was an out-of-state bride and she was willing to work with my mom and me through the time difference, phone meetings, etc. She was also very respectful of my personal wishes and made it clear that she was there to... Read More work with and for me. She had fantastic customer service and she was incredibly organized. I definitely recommend her, her staff, and her services!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Katherine B

Words cannot express how pleased I am with Diane and her team for helping me create my dream wedding. Our wedding process was effortless and stress free thanks to them!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Earline M

Wow, what can I say about Covenant Weddings that's not a rave. From the first meeting to the last drink poured Covenant Wedding Planner owner Diane George was on point. She was there for every step of our planning to seeing that my daughter wedding was perfect. Not sure of... Read More what vendors to select ask her, she works with the best everyone we used the product was perfect. Want a person with a great spirit and understanding reach out to Diane George and her team of professionals. I could go on and on but know it's money well spent, so choose Covenant Weddings & Occasions for your next event.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Tomaneci W

Out of the many many decision and choices I had to make when planning my wedding, choosing Covenant Weddings LLC was the best decision I could have made. Diane George and her staff ensured that not only was my wedding theme and vision brought to life, the ceremony started on... Read More time and the event stayed on schedule, as promised. Covenant Weddings LLC is Best in Class and their expertise in invaluable to any bride. Because of my career, I enjoyed the level of reassurance I felt during the planning of my wedding. At no time did I feel as if something was going to be overlooked, forgotten or placed on the back burner. The advice, vendor contacts and added value of handling the mailing of my invites and collecting my responses, provided me an opportunity to focus on other aspects of the wedding and my day-to-day life. I am a very detailed driven individual and very particular- Diane George made it her goal to meet my expectations and ensured that every little detail would be addressed to the best of her ability. Providing me a monthly planning guide and wedding day timeline was the perfect tool for a person who has a busy lifestyle, this kept me on track and allowed me to plan for key decision in advance. Because she gave me her best, I feel that her service was top notch.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Kelisha T

I was referred to Diane G. of Covenant Weddings and Occasions by a friend that used her services for her wedding 10 years ago. Diane and her team made a lasting impression then and that was my experience as well. The level of service that I received was excellent. Diane has a... Read More wealth of information regarding etiquette and vendor support. She was also very supportive and attentive to my needs. My wedding day was absolutely beautiful and amazing! I highly recommend Diane G. and Covenant Weddings and Occasions!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Sharon J

As a June 2016 Bride, my experience with Covenant Weddings was awesome!! Working with Diane was a pleasure. I would recommend this company to others.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Dominique Y

There has never been a traditional wedding in my family nor in my fiancé's. I knew I wanted to have a beautiful, elegant, and traditional wedding, but I had no clue how I was going to make it happen with no guidance and direction. Then, a friend recommended Diane George but... Read More warned that her weddings were so extravagant, gorgeous, and elaborate that she might be way out of our price range. After just a few minutes over the phone with Diane, I knew I wanted her as my planner; she was clearly seasoned in her field, very professional, and super down to earth. I just didn't know if we'd be able to afford her services. After hearing all of the services she would provide with the best friend package, I could not believe how affordable it was! We booked her immediately, and it was the best decision we made in the entire wedding process. Diane was by my side every step of the way through the planning of my wedding. There was never a question I couldn't ask. She was always on time, organized, and professional when dealing with vendors. She was literally like a second mom to me throughout the process and I am so grateful for the caliber of service she provided. Needless to say, my wedding day was the best day of my life! It was a fairytale come true all thanks to Diane bringing our vision to life, connecting us with high quality and professional vendors, and coordinating my wedding day like a 007 James Bond mission. Throughout the process and even on wedding day, people could not believe how NOT stressed out I was, and I credit that to Diane. I never had those stressed out bridezilla moments throughout the process because she was right there, every step of the way, armed with the right answers at the right time. I cannot WAIT to get back my wedding photos and see the best day ever come to life all over again. You cannot lose with Covenant Weddings. Diane George is a phenomenal wedding planner, and I can't thank her enough for making our wedding dreams come true.

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Brieanne E

Diane was a fantastic planner for our wedding! She made an overwhelming process much simpler by breaking everything out into doable chunks and recommending great vendors. She was there for nearly every vendor appointment and worked hard to make sure the day of went off without... Read More any problems. I don't know what I would have done without her. Great work from her and her team at Covenant Weddings.

Wedding day

Reviewed on 12/31/2015

Our wedding was amazing. Our planner brought a wealth of knowledge that help make our wedding what it was. It's a day my wife and I will always cherish.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Lakeisha H

I had the pleasure of working with Diane George of Covenant Weddings while planning my June 2015 wedding. I was a very do-it-yourself bride and a bride on a budget, but knew early on that I wanted, rather needed, at least a Day of Coordinator and Covenant Weddings delivered.... Read More Diane George went above and beyond my expectations. Most of the other coordinators started 3 months prior to the wedding to coordinate with vendors, schedule and run rehearsal and then show up the day of the wedding, but not Diane. She was there with us every step of the way. She created a schedule of all the tasks that needed to be done for each month. This schedule kept me on track and kept me from feeling overwhelmed with trying to figure out what needed to be done or whether I had missed something important. Diane also created a budget breakdown for us based off of the budget we gave her and also offered ideas to help keep cost within our budget and she was always available to answer any questions I had. I also noticed that my venue was more accommodating after I brought in Diane. Stuff they had flat out told us no on, when Diane asked they were more flexible and willing to consider. She asked all the right question and not only reassuring to us but also to my vendors. Shortly after deciding on a Covenant Weddings, my husband and I realized that having Covenant Weddings and Diane, was one of the best purchases we could have made for our wedding! She is great at what she does and is very personable. Having the Covenant Weddings team assured me that no matter what happened the day of my wedding Diane would be able to handle it. Thank you Diane and Covenant Weddings for helping make my wedding planning process pleasurable and for helping to make my wedding day incredible!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Felicia K

The decision to utilize Covenant Weddings was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We worked with Jackie Sanders and Janice Carpenter. They were personable, professional, and always accessible. About 2 months into our engagement, my then fiancé and I began... Read More working with Jackie and Janice. We got engaged in February 2015 and got married in October 2015. With the help, and guidance and suggestions of Jackie and Janice we were able to plan a beautiful wedding in less than 7 or more like 6 months. Jackie and Janice went above and beyond in many instances. For one, I was not happy with a mock-up appointment with one of my vendors so they contacted the vendor and arranged for a do-over and this time the presentation was beautiful and in line with my vision for the wedding. Jackie and Janice also were present for many appointments even though contractually, they didn’t have to be. During one of my appointments my mom turned to me and said, “I wasn’t sure about you getting a planner at first, but I am so happy that Jackie and Janice are here”. During appointments with some of the vendors it was great to have Jackie or Janice or both there to answer questions and to ask the right questions. We also had weekly teleconferences with Jackie and Janice which helped us get on track and/or stay on track. It was sort of like having an accountability partner other than my groom to make sure things were getting done. Like I said we had a little more than 6 months to plan the wedding. The day of my wedding, I forgot to put the garter on and left it at home. When I got to the church I told Janice what happened and by the time the reception started she had gotten me a replacement garter. I was so happy. I don’t think I conveyed it at the time. We also had a small wardrobe malfunction with one of the bridesmaids’ dresses and Jackie and Janice were able to help us get that fixed as well with some extra fabric given to me by my mother-in law. Don’t fear, the wedding and the reception went really well. We got compliments on how well the reception was run and how beautiful everything was. Family and friends said things like “top 5 wedding I’ve ever been to”, “I could feel the love”, and “I like the format and how things flowed”. We were so happy to hear that because our vision was for a romantic evening and for everyone to just simply enjoy themselves. One of my bridesmaids has a friend that is currently engaged and she even suggested Covenant Weddings to her because Jackie and Janice were organized and on point. I really enjoyed working with Jackie and Janice. I sincerely do not know what we would have done without them. I am glad the wedding planning is done and that I am now married to my wonderful husband but I have to admit I am going to miss Jackie and Janice.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Samantha P

When my fiance and I first got engaged, we looked no further than Covenant Weddings LLC! We heard and read a lot of wonderful reviews from this company, but we had to experience how professional, warm, loving and caring this company and all of its affiliates were for ourselves!... Read More We're so glad we did!! One the first day of meeting Diane George, we knew that we were in the right hands. She treated us with so much care and love, and made it a comfortable space for us to discuss our vision for our big day. She introduced us to Jackie and Janice, who were our additional wedding coordinators for the entire engagement period and wedding day. WOW! They exceeded our expectations. We didn't have to worry about anything during the planning stages because they had everything under control. They even went to a few of our appointments to make sure that we were getting what we needed to have our special day exactly the way we wanted. Jackie and Janice both worked so well together that it was a smooth process to talk to them on any of our concerns, budget changes, vendor questions, etc. They took care of us! One particular thing that I appreciated about Covenant Weddings is their thorough and effective form of communication. Emails and calls were a weekly way of communication. With our busy schedules, the emails, wedding checklists and weekly phone calls kept us organized and on track. When we needed more time to complete a task, they honored it. When we were confused about something in the planning stages, they calmed us down. When we didn't know how to address a concern, they had the right words to comfort us. Their communication and genuine care for us showed that they didn't just want to plan our wedding day, but they really wanted us to be pleased with the big day and all of the details that came together to make the day possible. It goes without saying that our wedding day was flawless and everyone had an amazing time. Over a month later, friends and family are still asking who planned our wedding, where did we find such professional and wonderful vendors, who helped us to put everything together. We will forever tell anyone we come in contact with that Covenant Weddings is where they should come to plan their wedding and other events!

THE BEST SERVICE!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I was fortunate to have attended my sister in-law’s wedding on Saturday, at the Fort Washington Golf Club. And I got to tell you, your two assistants/coordinators (Janice Carpenter and Jackie Sanders) were elite examples of what it means to be Godly professionals. They were... Read More punctual, proficient, patient, and sensitive to the needs of the family and all the special guest. Bottom line… they represented the company very well! And I will be more than happy to recommend Covenant Wedding & Occasions, LLC to anyone in need of your services. Thanks for your service!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 7/03/2015 Lisa K

Diane George is amazing. I was a "day of" bride, but she was at my side during the entire process. She was very responsive to my needs and would answer all my questions, even if they were silly! LOL. My planning process was difficult at times due to some unfortunate... Read More circumstances , but Diane kept me calm and on task. She is someone that I respect and truly admire. The day of our wedding, she displayed an impeccable level of professional as well as her staff. No matter the wedding size or budget....book her!!! You will not be disappointed!

The Best Planner

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

As a man, I knew very little about the wedding planning process. However, Diane was very informative and offered my bride and I many suggestions to meet our needs. She and her team made sure that everything ran smoothly on the wedding day. They kept us all calm, especially my... Read More bride. For that, I'm eternally grateful! Diane is the absolute best at what she does.

Best in the Business

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 barbara b

Diane and her team did an excellent job with planning my wedding! Diane was very attentive to my desires. She always had a suggested vendor that could provide my need. She made the wedding planning process so easy!!! The day of the wedding was the same. She and her team... Read More literally came in and made sure everything ran according to plan! I call her the "Olivia Pope" of wedding planning and her team "the gladiators". Set-backs, issues, problems...I knew of none because they handled everything! I couldn't imagine planning my wedding without her and her team. THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!!

Excellent Planner!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Melanie S

I had the pleasure of working with Diane and her team when planning our wedding held on August 16, 2014. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! Diane took the time to understand what we wanted and recommended vendors within our budget who created the day that we’d envisioned.... Read More I was able to truly relax and enjoy my wedding day! I am so glad that I found Diane and selected her as the planner for our wedding. Her knowledge of the industry and wedding etiquette was exactly what we needed.

Wedding Celebrations Doubly Wonderful for Daughter and Mother

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

It’s not what one would ordinarily think that a daughter and mother would celebrate their weddings months apart and be planned so beautifully by the same wedding planner. But that is what occurred for my daughter and me. My daughter was married on June 7, 2014 at the... Read More beautiful Oxon Hill Manor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. She retained the wedding planning services of Covenant Weddings and Events owed and personally supervised by Diane George. We can share that everything organized by Diane was professionally and expertly handled from beginning to end almost a year before the wedding date to the very last minute of her celebration. Once the venue was chosen Diane recommended a caterer and florist, the two most important vendors. She prepared a timetable and the wedding day schedule for the bride and her wedding party. Diane left nothing unplanned and unrehearsed to the exact timing of deliveries and arrival of the photographer, DJ, caterer, florist and the exact moment the wedding was to begin. Diane’s gentle manner and patience and that of her associates were absolutely appreciated by everyone. When I said the wedding “celebrations” were doubly wonderful I meant just that! Having seen the outstanding professionalism of Diane and her Covenant Weddings team, my fiance and I approach Diane to see if she could work her magic and orchestrate our wedding on October 11, 2014, just four months after my daughter’s wedding. When she said her schedule was open, it was full steam ahead! Our wedding was just as skillfully planned and untaken as it was for my daughter’s wedding. Everything was lovely for our smaller more intimate wedding of 65. No detail was left undone. We receive the same special care by Diane. So whether it is a wedding of 150 or 50 you can be assured that Convenant Wedding and Events will demonstrate the highest quality of service and care. Janice Schiller

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Llatetra B

It was exactly one year prior to my wedding that I realized that I needed to find a planner. I interviewed four planners before I decided to work with Ms. Diane George. From our first conversation, I knew she was the one! She has years of experience in the industry coupled... Read More with a very endearing personality. Diane was always available when I needed her and she made sure that things were done and done correctly! No matter what the situation, Diane was always the consummate professional. She made sure that my day was all that I desired and then some!

No regrets...Covenant Weddings = OUTSTANDING

Reviewed on 6/17/2014

Diane George and her team are fabulous! My wedding was in the DMV, however, I live in Houston so much of the planning process was done from afar. I couldn't have done it without Covenant Weddings. Diane was a pleasure to work with and I had total trust and confidence in her. She... Read More was responsive, flexible, fun, thorough, and was a great advocate for me with my vendors. I would absolutely recommend Covenant Weddings for your event!