Connecticut's Most Requested DJ Service Since 1993

‘Providing you with the very best in DJs, Lighting, Photo Booths, Photography, Videography all under one company. Let us help you customize YOUR reception entertainment to YOUR specific needs and make the MOST out of your special day! Visit our website or contact us today.’

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

115 Main Street Unit 10, Monroe, CT all of Connecticut (203) 982-1137

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Chrystal S

Mike DJ'd for our wedding in February at Anthony's Ocean View. He and his team setup early and were completely prepared. Throughout the evening, they did a great job of playing a variety of music that all of our guests could enjoy. It was a great mix of older classics and newer... Read More stuff, along with requests. Both my college friends and older family members were out on the dance floor throughout the night and had a blast, all the way up until the very end. Mike and his team not only did a great job of playing the right kind of music at the right time, but also did a great job of guiding the events of the evening, from announcing the first dances, to the toasts, etc. Lastly, we opted for the photo booth and it turned out to be a big hit with our guests. It was very big and had many great options that made for some funny pics. I would absolutely recommend Critical Entertainment for a wedding or any upcoming party event.

2017-06-07T19:15:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review we truly love our clients...

Guests are still talking about our awesome DJs!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 Christy C

I don't know where to begin! We had an AWESOME wedding and I was completely calm through the entire year of planning, and I have my Dj to thank for that. Yes my DJ! He knows weddings! He guided me through every step from the ceremony to the reception, Mike (the Dj/owner) was... Read More amazing! What we found in the wedding world is that most vendors expect you to know what happens at weddings but as a bride who had never been married before and hasn't been to a lot of weddings we didn't know everything that was supposed to be done. Mike took care of everything and because of that I was able to relax and not stress so much. The Djs went above and beyond anything we could have expected! We are still getting text from friends and family about what an awesome wedding it was and how much fun guests had. Mike was the only vendor who through out the year took the time to stay in touch. He got to know us on a personal level so that he knew exactly the kind of music that we wanted at our wedding. He guided us through all the important events at the wedding (cake cutting,bouquet toss, ex) to make sure we were comfortable with what was about to happen and made sure our photographer was there to capture the moment.Everything is expensive when it comes to weddings. Critical Entertainment was reasonably priced compared to other vendors that I looked at and they offered more services then other Djs. He took pictures and video through out the wedding and posted them on youtube and facebook for us to enjoy until we get to see the ones from the photographers. This was awesome for us because my mom was so busy and unable to take pictures that she could still have some photos the day after to enjoy. My parents had so much fun at the wedding dancing with our friends and family! These memories will last a lifetime thanks to the awesome party the Djs helped us throw! Mike is such a genuine person! He stayed true to his word about everyone before and after contracts were signed. This is very rare in the wedding world! Thank you so much Mike for everything you did to help make our day as wonderful as it was! I did so much research on Djs, after 3 wedding expose, 15 calls to different vendors of Djs I can say with 100% satisfaction that Critical Entertainment is the right and only choice for weddings!

2016-08-12T12:02:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Nicole S

Mike Festa was professional and organized. He clearly explained what would happen, double check with us on what we wanted and made sure it was all done in an organized way. We gave him suggestions of songs which he included and used to base other song suggestions off of. He did... Read More a great mix of music keeping everyone dancing. We would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Sammie K

Mike did a fantastic job with keeping the guests happy, even was told by a lot of people that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Keep up the great work guys

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Stephanie D

We were very pleased with Mike and his second DJ at our wedding! They were pleasant, professional, clean cut and friendly. They kept our guests dancing and honored our music requests. Our ceremony music and reception music was timed perfectly and I couldn't be more pleased with... Read More our choice. Prior to the wedding, Mike kept me on track and well organized with periodic reminders and immediate responsiveness to my questions. Thank you for taking care of our customized music so that we could just dance & enjoy our wedding as much as our guests! A++

2017-06-07T19:15:53 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Craig K

We dealt directly with Mike F. but our wedding reception DJ was Dan. There was great communication throughout the entire process. Most music was played according to our requests and his announcing was clear and went smooth. We had a photo booth and many people had mentioned... Read More they had not seen such an elaborate setup.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Joe L

Mike did everytjimg we asked. Him and his guys did a great job,and I would highly recommend him. Cory the photographer did a great job taking all pictures we asked. He was very professional with the families. Mikes assistant took all request asked, and he was very... Read More professional as well.

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Kyra E

Mike Festa was a great DJ. He was flexible and helpful when it came to planning a great night. We had a lot of special requests for our reception and Mike kept track of everything and made it all happen. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Alyssa P

Mike DJ'd my wedding in September. He was familiar with the venue which was a huge plus! I found his online music planner fairly easy to navigate, but found it was lacking in some more current music selections. Mike was able to incorporate some of my requested songs, which I was... Read More happy about. I would have liked to have some more current popular dancing music rather than older 80s stereotypical "wedding" dance music, but everyone had a blast, particularly the older generations, which made me happy. I liked that Mike was able to offer additional services such as a custom monogram light, dance floor lighting, and ceremony microphones and speakers. He coordinated well with the venue and my other vendors. He was a little pushy/bossy the day of the event, at times competing with the venue maitre d' to direct the schedule of activities, but it didn't disrupt the overall success of the event. Mike offered a good value for the price. Overall, I would give 3.5/4 stars.

2017-01-07T21:15:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much your review just a little confused about the current music. Our online database has current top billboard charts also with loads of current music stuff to choose from. Also your music requests for your wedding had a variety of music from... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Katie S

I only used Critical entertainment for Uplighting at my wedding, not for music but they were really great to work with. They were reasonably priced and very helpful with suggestions as to what type of lighting we would probably want to include in our package. The uplighting... Read More looked great, and the staff was incredibly professional and nice and made sure to check in with my husband and I to make sure they were delivering exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jennifer D

Mike did a great job at our wedding- everyone had an awesome time and the dance floor was full all night! We had uplighting which looked great and also used one of his photo booth companies who we loved as well!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Heather C

So much fun!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Elena L

I thought that the website to help with po king your music and providing information regarding the wedding and people involved was easy to use and helpful. He had everyone up and dancing the whole evening. The photo booth was a huge hit.

2016-10-11T21:36:29 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Ashley F

Mike was very professional and helped guide us through the various parts of the reception such as the entrance and cake cutting. He also did an awesome job of keeping the dance floor packed. People danced all night!. The only thing I would have liked to change is the amount of... Read More music we were able to request. There were more songs I would have wanted to hear during dinner and dancing. Overall we were very happy!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

Mike Festa and Critical Entertainment are outstanding!!! My daughter was married on October 1st and these guys made the event! They were the consumate professionals! They are highly experienced, easy to work with and detail oriented. The dance floor was packed during the... Read More entire wedding. There were times you could feel the floor shaking there were so many people dancing. (Even my 86 year old aunt, who uses a walker, was up and dancing!) Almost everyone commented on how great the DJ's were and how much fun they had. I would highly recommend them and hire them again in a heartbeat!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Allison C

Mike did an excellent job at our wedding last weekend. The dance floor was packed all night and the variety was on point. All of our music requests were played and he went above and beyond in order to make the reception great. Our venue had some layout complications and Mike... Read More went out and purchased a WiFi speaker system on his own dime in order to provide music/mic sound to our guests that were in an adjacent outdoor tent. Highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 SALLY S

What a wonderful evening and all thanks to Critical Entertainment.. Mike you did a wonderful job... Thank you again for making our evening so special...

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Tanya P

Mike was great at keeping the group on the dance floor. It was a day wedding and we had land games outside too, but for those that wanted to dance he kept it going very well. He was on top of all of the details and very professional.

2016-09-15T10:06:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review. We truly go above and beyond for our clients.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

Such professionals. Made the wedding such an ease by playing all our requests and getting things ready like the bouquet and garter toss. Kept the guests entertained and even got on the dance floor to teach the dances. I highly recommend for any occasion.

2016-08-17T14:15:31 Response from the vendor

Thank You for the review we appreciate every review we get. We love our clients and they feel the same.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Christine F

We were extremely happy with the services provided by critical entertainment. Our DJ, Mike Festa, knew exactly what he was doing and put us at ease every step of the way. He was professional and knew how to get the crowd excited. Additionally, we had a special video tribute that... Read More he made sure was shown without any problems, which was so important to us. We would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Kristen D

The DJ did a fantastic job at our wedding. My guests danced the whole night. The uplifting was beautiful and the photo booth was a great addition to the wedding. Everything was well organized. He was always available to discuss any questions and made us feel at ease.

2016-08-12T12:03:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review...

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Matthew S

The DJ did an awesome job getting everyone involved and playing good dance songs during the appropriate time. He was nice to work with and made sure we were happy with everything. The guests all told us he did well and thought he really picked our style of music. The only reason... Read More I give 4 instead of 5 stars is because he did not play the correct special request song, but otherwise a great choice.

2016-08-08T10:22:39 Response from the vendor

This is not correct there was no special request song on our woksheet. So I'm confused on what song this could of actually have been.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Lauren B

Jim did a wonderful job. He made sure I was happy with everything and was so nice to work with. My guests were telling me after the wedding how they loved all the music that was played. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. He was even nice enough to change the... Read More Groom/Mother dance song last minute. The only reason I give 4 instead of 5 stars is because he did not play the right intro song for my husband and I's entrance into the reception.

2016-08-08T10:26:09 Response from the vendor

This clients intro song was called Game of Thrones Theme Song. There is a couple of different versions we did play the normal version but the client must of wanted a certain version.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Jon C

Just had my wedding at The Waterview on Saturday and Critical Entertainment was great. The DJ could have been a little more personable but the music selection was excellent. The worksheet the company gives you to work with is convenient and they make it very easy to make music... Read More selection do's and dont's for your wedding playlist. Mike, the owner for Critical Entertainment is always easy to reach and very involved even if he isn't the one to DJ your wedding. The prices aren't bad and if at all possible please spring for the photo booth. The selection of props to choose from was great and the photobooth was huge. It's definitely worth that extra spent. Everyone at the wedding was pleased with the music and through the whole process the communication is what makes this a 5 star review. I believe communication is what you want when planning your wedding to feel on top of things and to be assured things are going well. So give Mike a look up and see what he can offer you that others can't.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

I first heard Mike DJ at another wedding, and knew from the start that I wanted to hire him to DJ our wedding the following year. He keeps everyone on the dance floor and really understands how to adjust the music so the party keeps going. He is 100% on top of every detail from... Read More the moment of your consultation to the day of your wedding. I knew with Mike there that it was going to be a blast. I keep hearing from friends and family how much fun they had at our wedding. He follows up and answers any email or questions you have and keeps you feeling like a priority. I recommend Mike hands down, and will refer him and his company to any event needing music. Thanks again Mike for an amazing time!

Mike Festa

As the owner and one of the DJ's of Critical Entertainment for over 25 years, my number one goal is to provide the best in DJ entertainment for all my clients. Over the years I have entertained at over 300 weddings and have provided many couples and their guests with long lasting memories.