This was the WORST part of my wedding day! My DJ was very unprofessional and did a subpar job on my reception. From not having long enough cords for the ceremony to bringing a date, you name it, it happened.
1. The microphone cord at the cere...
mony was too short. The special speaking part of the ceremony was conducted to my left and not in front of my husband and me.
2. The DJ presented us for our first dance prematurely.
3. When the DJ presented us at the right time, he did not have our dance song cued up, so we stood there like idiots.
4. The DJ finally admitted the computer wasn't working when the reception was supposed to be underway. Someone spilled something on the computer is what I was told. Whether it was a guest or the DJ at fault does not matter to me. There was no backup computer available, which I was promised there would be, just in case of an emergency. Well, I had one.
5. The DJ couldn't figure out how to remedy the situation. My photographers and videographer pulled up all my dance songs (first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son) on their phones and got the DJ to play them that way. It was rough, but at least I got those moments. However, it took my photographers and videographers away from doing their jobs, but I am so thankful they were there! Also, I had to spend time at the DJ booth trying figure out solutions instead of mingling and taking pictures with guests and thanking them for coming.
6. The DJ brought a date/"assistant" who did nothing but drink my wine, eat my food, and take his attention from his job. They were seen more than once kissing during the reception. His date was also heard requesting her own music instead of trying to help give me the playlist I worked hours on constructing for this special day.
7. The DJ played songs I would never have requested, but I couldn't be too picky at this point. Anything was better than the terrible jazz music he started off with. However, I would have preferred to hear that jazz music over the songs he played with terrible profanities in the lyrics for all my guests to hear, including children and my grandparents. I was mortified!
8. He offered no crowd interaction, which I was told they would do something fun for the garter and bouquet tosses.
9. Fast forward to after the honeymoon when I could talk with the owner about my experience. Every time we would plan to meet, he would have to reschedule. I even went to a coffee shop out of my way after work and waited for him for 2 hours! He stood me up!
10. He finally gave me an apology 1 month after my wedding over the phone, not in person, and offered half of my money back, which I still have yet to see, and it's been 4 months. Had I received the refund, I would be satisfied. But since I have not received anything, I decided to post a review.
Moral of my story, do not book with Crowd Pleasers. These are not people with integrity or pride in their work. I wish someone would've warned me before I had booked them. In fact, I found them at a bridal show, but I learned they are now on the "do not call back" list. I guess word gets around. I had such high hopes for my reception. I can never get those moments back. I would've been much better off using my music playlists from my phone.