Dan Sauer Photography

Based in Los Angeles, available everywhere.

Making Art From The Moments That Matter

Hello! I'm Dan, a wedding and portrait photographer. I'm a hopeless romantic, married to my high school sweetheart, and I'm the proudest dad to my son. I love my job. Even after photographing more than 80 weddings, I still get excited to see a groom see his bride for the first time and I still tear up during ceremonies. Being trusted to create a time capsule of memories from such momentous occasions is such a tremendous privilege. The only thing I like better than a wedding is a destination, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've had to photograph people all over the world. You can see more of my wedding and destination work on my website. I'd love to meet you and hear your story, so feel free to send me a message through my Contact page, and I hope to talk to you soon!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Los Angeles, CA Based in Los Angeles, available everywhere. (480) 277-3343

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Shannon S

Dan was amazing! He spent time visiting our reception venue and nearby potential shot spots weeks before our wedding day. We scheduled an engagement shoot with him that was fun and gave us some incredible photos to use for pre-wedding use. The day of the wedding he and his... Read More assistant spent time photographing preparations and were so comfortable to be with. Dan stayed until the wee hours of the night making sure to capture every moment. He created a beautiful album for us to have and every picture he took is accessible on a link. I enjoyed his easy-going yet highly professional presence during this very important day of my life. Thank you Dan Sauer!

2017-01-30T17:26:20 Response from the vendor

I really appreciate your kind words. You two were truly a delight to work with and I am so happy you liked your photographs!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Gabriela T

Dan was wonderful to work with and I LOVE the photos he took. He was so helpful and professional before, during, and after the wedding. His style captured our wedding perfectly!

2017-01-30T18:20:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Gabriela! Your wedding was such a fun event and I am so happy you loved your photos! Wishing you and JP the best :)

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 grace b

Dan's greatest gift as a photographer is his ability to capture not just the way a moment looks, but even how it feels. This enables him to create images that serve as poignant and tangible memories for years to come. He goes above and beyond in every way possible. I can't... Read More recommend him enough!

2017-01-30T17:25:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am so glad you appreciated the photographs.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Erin Z

Dan!!! We got the email with alllllll our photos yesterday omg!!! Matthew & I were just thrilled to see them all. We both couldn't believe all the rad moments that you captured so perfectly, some we even forgot happened til we saw the photos ha! Thank you from the bottom of... Read More our hearts for sharing your gift of perspective with us in such a real & powerful way. We can't wait til we get the second email so we can download the photos and post them without the little limes on them bahah!! And order some wrapped canvas for our home. You really knocked it out of the park. We sat at Bootlegger's brewery for two hours looking at them and laughing out loud with joy and exclaiming over the various details and just had a blast. Personally, I have never seen myself look so happy. I'm always having fun or hanging out but this was different. You made us both feel even more calm and at peace and it wasn't odd to be having our photos taken all the time, felt normal!! And I never knew I smiled like that!! You caught it all and I'm so glad to see with my own eyes how fantastically he & I bring out the best in each other. Thank you thank you thank you. We wish you a wonderful weekend, and certainly hope our paths cross again!! 🖤🖤🖤 "Laughter is the language of the soul" -Pablo Neruda

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Erin Z

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Mary Clare A

Dan did a great job photographing our wedding! He was very professional and listened to what we wanted. We especially loved the romantic portraits that he took of us and the photos of the details of the day, such as our rings on the pillow.

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Mary Clare A

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Ben S

Dan is an extremely talented and dedicated photographer! My fiancee and I had our engagement shoot in Sedona, AZ against the majestic red rocks. Dan did an incredible job of using the surrounding natural beauty as inspiration. His photos captured the majesty of the scenery,... Read More while ensuring my fiancee and I remained the focal point of the shoot. Dan easily meshed his style with our demands and taste. Working with him was very fun, enjoyable, and stress-free. Dan is everything you want from a photographer: creative, dedicated, and professional.

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Jenna B

Dan is an excellent and professional photographer. As a photographer myself, I was a tad hesitant to put my trust in someone to capture great images. The moment we met for the photo session I knew it was going to be great! He made my boyfriend and I feel very comfortable. It was... Read More such a special day; Dan really did capture our love connection! I was very impressed with his artistic eye and his ability to capture the beauty of nature AND the beauty of love. I will treasure these photos forever. You will not regret your decision to have Dan as your photographer!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Rachel C

Dan was incredibly easy to work with. He did a nice job trying to learn the story behind our relationship and transferring that to a photo. He has a great eye for detail and using natural elements to help highlight the couple.

2017-02-03T17:12:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review Rachel! You guys were awesome and I'm so happy we got to shoot together!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Peihan O

Dan is an amazingly talented photographer- his work is beautiful. But even more importantly, Dan is easy to work with and quickly puts you at ease for real laughs and natural poses- no stiff, boring portraits here!

2017-02-03T17:09:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you were pleased with my style of shooting.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Sandra R

Dan Sauer Photography did a photo session for my daughter in Nov, 2016. Dan was so creative with the pictures and knew exactly which moments to capture. Needless to say, I plan on using him again and highly recommend anyone that wants those special moments forever captured, to... Read More use Dan Sauer. Nowadays, it is hard to find photographers who are patient, kind, professional and do an AMAZING job!

2017-02-03T17:08:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. The photos turned out amazing and I look forward to working with you in the future!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Rachel H

Danny is an excellent photographer and calming presence! Trust his artistic eye, and you will not be disappointed!

2017-01-30T17:26:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Rachel! Your wedding was a dream and I was privileged to capture it for you.

Dan Sauer

Hello! I'm Dan, a wedding and portrait photographer. I'm a hopeless romantic, married to my high school sweetheart, and I'm the proudest dad to my son. I love my job. Even after photographing more than 80 weddings, I still get excited to see a groom see his bride for the first time and I still tear up during ceremonies. My background in fine art gives The only thing I like better than a wedding is a destination, and I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've had to photograph people all over the world.