Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

4133 Whitney Ave, Hamden, CT (203) 859-5825

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Olivia M

I have been following David's work for years, so when I got engaged it was a no-brainer to book him for our engagement photos and wedding photography. David is patient, professional and talented. He captured the emotions of our special day perfectly. I am glad we chose him as... Read More our wedding photographer and I would recommend him to anyone looking for quality work and peace of mind through the wedding planning process.

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Terry M

Definition of MOBZilla: Mother of the Bride/Godzilla. I am the dreaded MOBZilla. My daughter hired David Apuzzo to be her wedding photographer. I called David and said, “Listen to me young man. Your job is to capture every wonderful moment but you MUST make me look taller,... Read More thinner and ten years younger and if you don’t do that I’m going to make sure that the final payment check bounces.” He did not seem nervous which made me scared for him. Clearly he had no idea who he was dealing with. Take a look at the picture, which MIRACULOUSLY made me look like I was on the red carpet at the Oscars and he made me look better than I could have imagined for the old broad that I am. That check will not bounce. But enough about me. On December 17th, my youngest, my baby got married at The Barns in Middletown. David was and IS amazing. He was patient, kind, professional and organized. What sets him apart is his talent and his eye for detail and emotion. He captured it all with artistry. We knew he was a winner before the event because of his ability to truly listen to the bride and what she had in mind. These are the images that will go on for decades and the importance of capturing the moments on film are an essential part of weddings. David understands his important role. Further, he was able to work with the videographers and wedding planners so that everything went without drama or chaos. David was able to talk old fart family members into going out in the cold to have photos taken in the gleaming snow and beautiful light. His sense of humor is a helpful part of being a wedding photographer. What with the Bridezillas and MOBZillas he has to deal with. David continued to communicate with my daughter throughout the event to make sure that all was going according to her dreams. After the event, David worked hard to exceed his deadline of getting the pictures ready for viewing. He understood we were excited to relive the day through the images. There was a problem with the website and some of the images were difficult to see. He fixed it quickly and called me several times to follow up. It says a lot about a professional that they work just as hard to get the gig and harder to make sure that the follow up is as earnest. My daughter and new son in law are thrilled with the images. They are creative, fun, well done and he got everything they wanted. It made me very happy to see them so happy. And that is what we all want, isn’t it, for our kids to be happy? And maybe if we can get a shot of us looking like a million bucks, that’s good too. To all the brides and mother of the brides out there, if you are looking for the VERY best in wedding photography, look no further than the talent and creative energy of David Apuzzo. He is remarkable. And he made an old woman look like a rock star! It doesn’t get any better than that! Thank you David!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Lawren D

David and his team were amazing to work with! From the initial meeting to the day of the wedding David took the time to understand what we were looking for and how we wanted our day to go and executed it perfectly. David took the time to understand the inter-working's of our... Read More wedding and genuinely address all concerns. David was also very responsive! I never had to worry about him calling us back which was extremely helpful when planning. Overall the photo quality is fantastic and we got them quickly! We have received endless compliments from our friends and family about our photos!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Lindsey S

We absolutely loved working with David! He made us feel very comfortable during the engagement session and during our wedding day. We were originally hesitant to do an engagement session but he encouraged us to do one to get used to being in front of the camera- it made a big... Read More difference on our wedding day to know what to expect! He is full of great advice like this. David stayed for our entire wedding day and was able to capture so many amazing dance floor memories, including grandparents dancing. Some of these things might have been missed if we had a photographer that didn't stay until the end of the reception. We have gotten amazing feedback from friend and family after sharing our photos with them. We highly recommend David!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Diane P

David did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He is an incredibly creative and talented photographer. He really takes pride in his work, and is knowledgable and dedicated to his craft. David is kind and patient, and made us feel comfortable while taking photos. He captured... Read More so many amazing moments at our wedding, whether it was posed photos or candid moments. We love every single one of them, and really feel like we are reliving the day when we look back at them. He is very responsive, answered all our questions, and really gave us personal attention from beginning to end. All our photos are absolutely beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend David Apuzzo Photography!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Juliette B

Selecting a photographer to document our wedding was easy once we met with David at his studio! He definitely put any nerves I had at ease in regards to the whole process...my husband and I thought it would feel awkward and staged during our engagement photo shoot; instead, it... Read More just felt like a normal day of us walking our dog, Arrow, and enjoying each other's company...and we truly felt the photos portrayed that in the most natural way possible! On our actual wedding day, David was amazing with our unique requests and also jumping in and making sure we stayed on schedule to get all the photos and poses we wanted done. We had two "First Looks," being that we were also taking photos in traditional Vietnamese wedding outfits prior to our ceremony. We never felt rushed and each first look felt special in their own way! I was also very persistent in making sure Arrow was well documented throughout our wedding day, and David and his team were awesome at getting our dog's attention and puppy expressions in all the photos! It truly made me so happy to see our family photos, Arrow included! As the day progressed, David and his team blended in so well that we didn't even notice them taking pics during the reception...which produced some awesome candid photos on the dance floor! To top it off, the turnaround time for when we received the photos was very quick! We were not expecting the quantity either, as there are countless photos documenting every important detail of our day! Our family and friends have also ooh'ed and awe'ed at our photos, and we have received so many compliments about the quality of our photos! So many to choose from, so many we're in love with! We would not hesitate to recommend David and his team to anyone who is looking for great work, and even more important, a fun and easy going team! Thank you so much for documenting our special day and making it truly special to reflect on!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Kelly U

David was wonderful! He took so many great shots! I tended to get overwhelmed easily during wedding planning, and David was patient with me during all of those moments. His team was great as well, especially his second photographer, Tim. David's team was very personable and... Read More friendly. I also couldn't believe how quickly our photos came back. I was prepared to wait months, like many of my friends have with their wedding photographers, but David had our photos ready to view in a couple of weeks! We were very happy with all of our images. If you are looking for a photographer who is very invested in his craft and has a meticulous attention to detail, look no further. David is punctual, kind and an amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Tracy S

Selecting David Apuzzo and his team for our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made when making plans for our wedding. Not only is David accommodating and understanding, he was informative and showed genuine interest and care for our special day. His level of... Read More professionalism can't be beat, and he is ridiculously talented. He was able to capture our day exactly how we wanted and went over and beyond what we were expecting. His entire team was on point and just so much fun to work with - they kept us laughing all day. He also worked extremely well with our videographer and DJ. We are so thrilled with the entire experience. If you're in need of wedding photography, David will not steer you wrong!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Nicolette C

David was honestly the absolute best from the very beginning.  We were referred to him from a friend that followed his work on social media.  After scrolling through his Instagram, it was clear as day that David is extremely talented.  We met with him at his studio in Hamden,... Read More and it honestly felt like we had been friends for years.  He made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease.  We got married this past January and the one thing I didn't think through when booking a winter wedding was light.  When planning the ceremony it did not cross my mind that it gets dark earlier in the winter.  At our final meeting David brought this to our attention and once again put us at ease and figured out a way for us to be able to get daytime pictures without doing a first look.  The day of our wedding there was a snow storm and the pictures David took were AMAZING!!!  He made standing outside in the freezing cold totally worth it!  We would hands down recommend David to anybody that is looking for a photographer, its one decision you will absolutely not regret!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Nicole C

David Apuzzo is an amazing photographer and we were impressed by the clarity and style of his photos! Our engagement photos came out fantastic because he made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera for two people that prefer not to be the center of attention. On... Read More our wedding day, David and his team were very organized and non-intrusive which allowed us to enjoy our special day at our pace. He also had an extremely quick turnaround on our photos and we were very pleased with them. We would highly recommend David to anyone looking for an amazing photographer who will share high quality and creative photos! If you choose David, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jess V

David is an incredibly talented photographer and we were so lucky to have him capture our wedding. We loved his shooting style even before we got to work with him. It’s always a nerve wracking experience getting your photos taken, but David did a great job of putting us to ease.... Read More His experience, portfolio and professionalism speaks for itself and we couldn’t have been happier to have had the chance to work with him.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Anthony L

Do you know that feeling when you get more than you pay for? That is exactly the way my wife and I feel about David, and we couldn't be happier that he shot our wedding. From his website, studio, equipment, to his professional (yet personable) attitude, we were extremely... Read More impressed by David. He let us go at our pace, answered as many questions as we could throw at him, discussed our style and preferences, and let us pour over countless photos and hours of his time. We met with many photographers, contacted countless more, and know that we made the best choice in choosing David. He is an extremely talented photographer, was flexible in scheduling our appointments, offered a lot of perks like personalized website gallery access cards for our guests, guestbook, additional design services, prepared for rainy weather in advance, and runs his business with a huge focus on his customers. We had to reschedule our engagement shoot multiple times for weather, and David would even wait sometimes until the day of the shoot to recommend if we should go ahead or reschedule, which was very comforting to us because it showed us how much he cares so much about the work he does and we felt that he wanted to give us the best possible photos, and was looking for us. At the wedding, we never felt like we were sacrificing time for shots. He and his very talented second shooter and assistant were not intrusive at all, were constantly working and we ended up with more than we could imagine, and they came out beautifully! I even saw him lying on the floor at times to get some great low angle shots! All of our guests even had great things to say about him- the way he organized and handled the many, many family shots we had on our formal list showed great experience and coordination. My wife and I have large families, and rounding them up is no small task- yet we had completed all of the formal shots and even had time to enjoy our cocktail hour, thanks to David. He even surprised us with all of the photos within two weeks- not even close to the 2-3 months we would have expected, and we, along with our families and friends, have had so much fun looking through the album, and I know that when we reflect back on our wedding years from now, it is with these photos by David that we will remember our big day. We are so happy with David’s work and we would recommend him to anyone and everyone, because you get so much more than what you pay for when you work with David Apuzzo Photography.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kellie F

David Apuzzo is nothing but professional, attentive and overall, a great person to work with. He is able to navigate the entire wedding process with you and makes you feel at ease throughout the big day. He is extremely helpful and always willing to answer any questions you may... Read More have. I would highly recommend David to anyone...in fact he will be shooting my sister's wedding next summer! I believe photography is one of the most important elements to a wedding because at the end of the day all you have are the photos to remember all the wonderful moments, and we trusted David to capture every moment, which he did beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jennifer P

We could not have been more thrilled with our decision to have David shoot our wedding in August 2016! We received so many compliments from our family and friends during the wedding about how professional he was, and the level of dedication that David had towards his work... Read More throughout the day. David stayed the entire time, and up until the last minute of our wedding. He even came up to us at the very end and asked if there were any more shots we wanted. What a wonderful selection we have to choose from! It is evident that David truly loves what he does, and not only is he spectacular at it, but he also makes you feel like he is the one who is lucky to be a part of such a special day. I highly recommend David. It is such an important pieceof the day to have a great photographer, and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Danielle S

I recently used David Apuzzo for engagement pictures and wedding pictures. I cannot be happier with this decision. David is a professional photographer, in the truest sense. He has his own studio and was incredibly professional and responsive throughout the process of our... Read More initial meetings, our engagement pictures and ultimately our wedding. While I haven't seen the full portfolio of wedding pictures, the photos I have seen are beautiful and I am fully confident the rest will be of the same quality. David was also really friendly and was able to rally my unruly family for the formal photos after the wedding. Sometimes this is exactly what you need in a photographer! he also worked really well with our videographer and was not in competition with them, rather in sync with them. For all you brides out there, if you are looking for an amazing photographer with a genuinely warm and funny demeanor - look no further! And david, thanks for making our big day perfect. (Danielle & Paul)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Dan P

My wife Hali and I were lucky enough to have David and his team photograph our wedding this past summer. From the moment you meet David you know you've found a good soul who wants nothing more than to make your day amazing. He and his team exceeded our expectations in every way... Read More possible from day 1, until long after the wedding. David's work will blow you away; he is an absolute master at his craft, and the photos you receive will be better than other photographers charging two or three times as much. He knows exactly how to pose you, exactly how to capture the perfect light, and is able to amazingly tell a joyous story of your day through photos. The candid photos of subtle moments he captures are stunning, and will help you look back on your day in a way you never thought possible. He is somehow able to do all of this while at the same time managing the flow of your big day and keeping everyone calm and on track. If David is available on your wedding day, book him, with no hesitation, right now. Period. It will be one of the best decisions you ever make.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Amy N

David is an amazing photographer! We had seen a lot of his work prior to our wedding and knew that we wanted him to photograph our special day. Throughout the entire process he was great to work with. Very professional, responsive, flexible, etc. He takes the time to figure out... Read More exactly what you want and makes sure you get that and more. I can't recommend him enough! Because of him, and his team, we will have treasured photographs and memories of our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Emma O

My husband Dan and I were married on September 30, 2016 and had David as our photographer. As both of us had worked with him in the past at friends weddings, it was no question that we would use him for ours. Since my close friend's wedding in 2009, I had been following him and... Read More his work and have seen his style emerge and blossom. He has such a wonderful eye and is so very tasteful with his work. Dan and I tend to feel awkward when in the spotlight or in front of a camera but we quickly learned during our engagement session that David knew what he was doing and did not make us feel uncomfortable in the slightest. We were so thrilled to see the pictures of that day. Even before our own engagement we were referring him to friends because we had never seen work quite like his. David, we thank you not only for giving us the most amazingly beautiful photos of our special day, but for making us feel like ourselves as we stood in front of you and your camera.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Ruchita B

We are SO happy we picked David Apuzzo for photography. We recently got married, and had an amazing experience with David! Words can’t express how much it was a pleasure working with him. I found him through the knot and after meeting him we knew, “he was the one”. We met with... Read More other photographers, but David immediately made us both feel at ease and comfortable. This feeling of comfort was not temporary, he continuously kept us updated, quickly responded to emails, and always kept positive. He really listened to what we wanted and tried to accommodate our needs. One example, is we wanted our engagement pictures to be on ice, and even though he had never done it before, he was willing to do something new for us (they came out amazing!). Our wedding included both an Indian & Jewish ceremony along with cocktail hour/reception, David was stayed the ENTIRE time and was great with our/our guest’s requests through-out the entire day. I would highly recommend him to all my family and friends; it was a pleasure working with him. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Andrea Z

Christian and I hired David and we are SO happy that we did! I'm an industry professional and extremely picky and I will admit that I'm so extremely pleased with the outcome of our wedding photos. Not only did David take absolutely amazing photos of myself, Christian and our... Read More bridal party but he also made us feel at ease and calm throughout the entire wedding process. If you are researching talented, professional photographers to hire we HIGHLY recommend David Apuzzo Photography. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Francesca M

David was amazing and his photos are creative and wonderful quality. My husband and I were ecstatic about how both our engagement and wedding photos came out. We were simply blown away at the quality and the amount of talent David has; plus, he was easy to work with and very... Read More friendly. In addition, we worked with Jen who designed our save the dates, guest book, and invitations. The designs were unique and beautiful and we received so many compliments from our guests. We wouldn't have changed a thing. We recommend both David and Jen without any hesitation. You won't regret choosing David as your photographer and Jen for your invitation needs. They truly are both amazing!

Review for David Apuzzo Photography

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Emily C

He did everything we wanted. And all of his packages come with a second photographer. No extra charge for the second shooter.