Buffet, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

Bow2010

128-A Industry Lane, Forest Hill, MD (443) 270-4317

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Tori B

Terry is a saint. This catering company goes above and beyond. I am so glad that my husband and I chose them to do our wedding. The food was absolutely delicious and I was able to put all of my worrying away because the catering staff was incredible. I wish I could boast more... Read More about them because if I could plan my whole wedding over again I would choose them time after time!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Ashley S

These guys are the best! The food tasted amazing (seriously might be the best crab dip I've had to date) and they really take care of you! While planning they helped me keep track of things, make our time schedule, and made the whole thing a breeze. The day of my wedding we... Read More were rushing around and I wasn't able to set up what I wanted to for my decorations and just left a box of decorations at the reception hall with the stuff I was planned to give them (just some table setting stuff). Well they set it ALL up for me! I didn't even give them instructions! It turned out even better than I imagined it. When it came time to eat, they made sure that we got food or anything else we needed. I hear a lot of brides say they didn't eat on their wedding day, but with the attentiveness of these guys I was stuffed silly and it was great! Then, when my mom was overwhelmed trying to clean up at the end, they took everything down too! With these guy you aren't just getting a food service, you are getting a wedding organizer too. I cannot emphasize enough how much these guys made my wedding a breeze. Thank you Dean and Brown. Your care helped make my day absolutely prefect.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kristina W

I cannot begin to describe how amazing the staff of Dean and Brown are. From the first meeting to my wedding night, everything was perfect. I chose Dean and Brown not only because the my wedding venue recommended them, but also because they were the most professional and... Read More reasonably priced company I spoke with. My husband and I met with Christina and Terry for our initial meeting. We sampled food and discussed our ideas for our special day. Every time I spoke with either Terry or Christina, they were easy to work with and reassured me the day would be exactly as we wanted it. They even allowed us to supply our cake, which was really important to me because my stepmom made our wedding cake. One thing people kept telling me about Dean and Brown is that they will go above and beyond on our wedding day and they really did. I didn't have a wedding planner so they were amazing with coordinating with my DJ to make sure everything ran smoothly. One of the girls working for the catering company was especially sweet, checking on my bridesmaids and I and bringing us drinks and anything else we needed before the ceremony. The food was perfect! Everyone said they loved it. My husband requested to have both a crab cake and steak for his meal and they were so accommodating, they even checked on us during our meal and asked if we wanted more! I just really can't say enough amazing things about Dean and Brown, their staff and the food! I recommend them to anyone who is looking for a catering company for their wedding/event.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Megan B

They had excellent food got and ready for guests in a timely fashion. Polite and kind staff who helped me with my vail and gown before walking down the isle.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Amy R

Dean and Brown Catering was amazing! The whole staff was accommodating and willing to help with anything that I needed! They are very professional and you can tell they know what they are doing and enjoy what they do! I would never use another caterer!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Cherrees K

We had a Sunday brunch buffet wedding at Liriodendron Mansion on 16-Oct-2016. All the guests commented that it was the best food ever and that there was such a great variety of food. We provided our own alcohol and ice cream (for the waffles), but they provided everything else.... Read More The bar tender was super friendly to everyone, she was also great at making our signature drink. They were able to meet all of my requests. They made sure my wedding went according to plan. I would highly recommend using them.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Hannah Y

Could not recommend Dean & Brown any higher! They were the best. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. They were so helpful, courteous and very prompt in response to any questions that we had. They worked very hard in making the wedding day absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Molly L

Where can we even possibly begin? We chose Dean and Brown based on their previous raved reviews, and they were all of those things and more. Kevin and I are incredibly thankful for everything they have done for us over the past year. Our wedding was on Saturday, and it was... Read More Dean and Brown, that made our day as perfect as it was. The Tasting: Terry and Christina are a dynamic duo that as a team takes care of food and planning (which is honestly every bride's dream come true). We had our initial tasting with them back in the Spring, and here we discussed menu options, tasted a variety of the most delicious food (oh and don't eat before hand because they prepare full courses, which made for a fun date night out!), and Terry showed us pictures of our venue (the Liriodendron) and discussed with us the variety of ways we could set up so that we could begin to formulate ideas. The Correspondance: Dean and Brown made themselves accessible throughout the year. If we e-mailed, we could expect a response within 48 hours, but it was always sooner. We had a menu item change, and they took care of it immediately sending us an updated menu within the same week. And about a month out from the wedding, as we received the final total of guest Terry immediately set up a time for us to visit the Lirio and have our in-person walk through. The Walk-through: Terry met us at the Lirio about a month before our wedding prepared with a layout blueprint of our venue. In the walk-through, we discussed table placement and decor placement. By the end of our meeting I had zero questions and I was 100% confident that everything was going to go off without a hitch. Terry reassured us that she has worked on hundreds of variations within our venue and that no matter what we had there, there would be the perfect place for it. The Wedding day: Our venue allowed us to arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony and when we arrived Terry and her team were a well-oiled machine. They welcomed us when we arrived and even helped bring things in from the car. Terry came up and reassured us everything was being taken care of and that if we had questioned just ask (I never needed to). The ceremony and reception were all a bit blurred with excitement, but I know that Terry was always right there to make sure we were alright through the ceremony and reception. And at the end of the evening, they even packed and cleaned everything up (which was a much-appreciated surprise!) The Food: The food was absolutely devine. Everyone raved about it and are still talking about it- more than one person has exclaimed how deicous everything was. I could go on and on but honestly Dean and Brown made our day perfect and for this we will always be thankful.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 k r

Dean and Brown Catering was awesome to work with. They were incredibly affordable, and we were very impressed during the tasting. The food served at our wedding was identical to what we had sampled. Everyone raved about it... including our "foodie" friends and family. Terry,... Read More especially, went above and beyond. She made sure the bridal party had food (and booze!) before entering the reception, and even stepped in to help coordinate them when they were announced in. She made sure all of the leftover food was packed up and taken home, and also wrapped up one of our family heirlooms to ensure it got home safely. The servers and bartenders were very professional and did a great job packing up all of the centerpieces and decorations for us at the end of the night. We will definitely be recommending you in the future! :)

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Christina S

Terry and Christina are the most amazing and professional caterers I have ever met. The exceptional one on one service was so special. Terry had people talking about her staff and herself days after my wedding. They truly took all the worry out of my mind and the stress out of... Read More my day! You can not go wrong with anything!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Emily W

I wish I could give Christina, Terry and the rest of the staff a higher score than 5 stars. They made our wedding absolutely wonderful. Right from the beginning, they were helpful, friendly and great with getting back to me in a timely manner. At our tasting they made sure... Read More everything was just right. They walked us through the meal as well as linen and set up options. During our final walk through, the owner of the venue did not show up and I was nervous beyond belief. Terry settled any last minute nerves I had. She made sure that everything that needed to get done was done. The day of our wedding was amazing because of them. They arrived to our venue 3.5 hours before our wedding. They set up all of my decorations on top or their own set up. Terry made sure that the bridal party was taken care of with appetizers and drinks. Dinner and service for the rest of the night was spectacular. Everything ran smoothly. Our bartender Daniel was quick and knowledgeable- we had quite the array of beer and he was able to pair beer to our menu as well as make suggestions to guests. The food was fantastic. The praline grapes were out of this world and the crab cakes had the biggest lumps of crab meat I have seen. Every guest raved about the food. If you are looking for a caterer that goes above and beyond, as well as provide excellent food for an amazing price, look no further. I am so happy that I chose Dean and Brown for our wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Patrick J

Dean and Brown take their business seriously. They were the caterer we picked for our venue. The knew the layout of our venue so well, developing contiguous plans incase of bad weather was a piece of cake. This was great for or wedding because it rained. They were able to easily... Read More adjust and still make the event a memorable one. Everyone was amazed at their food and how amazing the wait staff was. I suggest getting the lamb chops as an appetizer.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Dee S

From the first email to the final clean up, Dean and Brown provided the perfect catering service for my daughter's Oct. 1, 2016 barn wedding. Terry and Christina are quick to respond to any questions and will help you come up with an amazing meal within your budget (try the... Read More Butternut Ravioli- amazing!) Make sure you schedule your tasting. They are there to answer any questions and willing to give suggestions when asked. Steve was our banquet manager and the man never stood still, directing his staff and organizing the day. The organizational meeting at the venue was valuable in making sure the day went without a hitch. Everything was cleaned up and boxed by the end. If you are lucky enough to have Chasi as a server, you will never need a thing. She anticipates your every need with grace and a smile. She seemed to be at everyone's elbow and made sure all guests felt special- especially the children. I highly recommend Dean and Brown for any event!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Katelyn B

I cannot tell you how wonderful Terry and the team at Dean and Brown made my wedding. Truly wonderful people willing to make custom accommodations for your event. We got our wedding of 85 guests catered for around $5,000, which is almost unheard of, without comprising quality of... Read More food or service. I would pick them for any catered event. Everyone in attendance at my wedding has raved about the food and the amazing guest service. Terry is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Kaitlin N

Dean and brown was excellent to work with! The food was great and they made set up/breakdown a breeze. The staff was all wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 Cassaundra M

I received so many compliments for Dean & Brown from our wedding guests; they were expecting a bland buffet, but got a fantastic feast! ;D Aside from the amazing eats, Dean & Brown were very communicative during the entirety of our planning, coordination, setup, and service.... Read More They are truly a great operation with amazing people! Thank You, Terry & Christina!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Rebecca H

The food at our wedding was incredible!! My fiancé and I didn't want to go the traditional route when it came to food. My fiancé and I were both able to pick our favorite foods to create a fun and tasty menu. We have received numerous compliments about how good the food was. I... Read More couldn't be happier!! Not only was the food great but they were so pleasant to work with!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Becki S

Dean and Brown catered my wedding on May 7 in Darlington MD. From the first sit down we were impressed and immediately booked them without even looking anywhere else. They were organized and responsive during the entire planning process. Steve and Terry met with us about 30 days... Read More before our wedding to go over final details. I hadn't met Steve until this point but he was on top of his game. Very detail oriented and knew what he needed. I liked this because it was a quick meeting but very productive. The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. I could never thank Dean and Brown enough. They treated all our guests with respect and even served a few of our elderly guests that would have otherwise had difficulty walking downstairs to get food. In addition, I was asked what drink I wanted when the ceremony was over and sure enough one of the staff met me with my drink. Also, while we were getting pictures they set up a table to the side with food and drinks just for the wedding party. The one piece of advice I kept getting was to make sure we ate but Dean and Brown made that so easy! I even dropped cocktail sauce on my dress and one of the bartenders ran to get a tide pen and cleaned my dress as I stood there hanging out. What an amazing caterer! The day wasn't flawless but it was pretty close!

Delicious

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Ellon S

After our tasting with Dean and Brown, we couldn't wait for our wedding so we could have the food again. We got so many compliments on the food and staff members. The manager did such a wonderful job coordinating everything and making sure the night ran smoothly. We are SO glad... Read More that we choose this caterer.

Best Catering Company in Maryland

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Christina W

We loved working with Dean & Brown for our wedding. They responded quickly to emails and always had the utmost professionalism and made us feel like their most important customers. Dean & Brown also provides a day of coordinator for the wedding, which is perfect for brides like... Read More me who try to save money and do everything themselves :) I really appreciated that they did not charge for a tasting; it made us feel much more welcomed and that customer service was important to them. Terry and Christina kept in close contact with me as the months progressed and our wedding date grew nearer. Terry was amazing and worked closely with my photographer and DJ to make sure our wedding day ran as smoothly as possible. While we were busy taking pictures and mingling with guests, Terry made sure all of our belongings from the bridal suite, grooms room, and kitchen were packed up and returned safely to us. The staff was friendly and ensured all our guests had a great time. Our guests loved the food, which is something that is often remiss at weddings. There is a reason Dean & Brown have such a great reputation in this area; they are great to work with, they care about their customers, and they love what they do. Schedule a tasting with Christina and you will find your caterer.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

Dean and Brown catered our brunch wedding on May 31st at the Liriodendron Mansion in Bel Air. The event was everything I could have ever dreamed. When I turned the corner and saw the lovely set-up under the wisteria, it took my breath away. The food was delicious, and the staff... Read More was extremely helpful! I would highly recommend Dean and Brown for any event.

A great caterer!

Reviewed on 3/01/2015 Jessie Sue S

We had a great experience with Dean & Brown! Planning an event from out-of-state is tricky, but D & B were more than happy to accommodate & help in any way they could. They worked with our budget & patiently edited the menus several times. Before & during the event our... Read More organizer, Terry, was on top of everything & made the evening flow easily. We had a fantastic time & couldn't have done it without such an amazing team from D & B. I highly recommend them!

Dean and Brown

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Andrea P

We chose Dean and Brown to cater our wedding at Swan Harbor Farm since they do a lot of weddings there and are reasonably priced. We were very satisfied with the tasting and the staff were very pleasant to work with and very responsive to emails. The food on the day of the... Read More wedding was pretty good - the crabcakes were great but all in all it was pretty standard for wedding food. We had paid extra for burlap runners that we didn't get at the wedding. Our centerpieces were kind of simple and so the tables looked pretty bare without the runners. We would have been ok with this except it was never acknowledged by D&B - we contacted them after the wedding to ask for the runner money back and they said they knew they were missing and would refund us. They never apologized and if we hadn't contacted them it seems like we wouldn't have gotten our money back! This left a sour taste in our mouths for Dean & Brown. In summary - reasonably priced, decent food, but didn't deliver on the details.

THE BEST YOU'LL FIND

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Niva H

Working with Dean & Brown on my wedding was a pleasure! I at first experienced sticker shock, but we were able to eventually find ways to work together to fit within my family's budget. They are truly the best caterer I visited, and I went to quite a few. EXCELLENT food, good... Read More table cloth/runner/trim selection, real china and glasses, and all at a reasonable price! They'll help you think your wedding through, even things unrelated to catering you might not have considered. I've heard that they have even helped couple's find wedding sites. On my wedding day, they even took charge of helping us manage some things totally unrelated to catering, without any prompting from anyone. I highly recommend!

Dean and Brown is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Meghan W

Dean and Brown did a fantastic job catering my June 2014 wedding at Swan Harbor Farm in Havre de Grace. They were professional, prepared, and presented the food beautifully. I had many guests tell me how much they enjoyed the food; the Maryland crab dip was especially a hit. ☺... Read More Terry was extremely well organized and put my mom and I at ease; we know we didn’t have to worry about the caterer the day of the wedding. Dean and Brown’s entire staff was friendly, attentive, and they truly helped the day to go off without a hitch. I give them my highest recommendation for anyone looking for a Maryland caterer. You won’t be disappointed and don’t forgot to order the crab dip!