Dressing beautiful weddings since 1968

Dior Bridal Salon is a family owned boutique in business for 43 years. A large selection of exclusive wedding designs are showcased in a convenient shopping environment. The second story is devoted to alterations. Your gown can be customized by on site professionals.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

22680 Newman St, Dearborn, MI (313) 562-3770

Absolutely Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Theresa C

Dior was the first bridal salon I went to visit and I must say...they set the bar very high. As an out-of-town bride, Dior was the salon near my hometown. They had a great variety of dresses to choose from not only for me but for my entire bridal party. The staff was amazing... Read More to work with: everyone was very nice and made you feel special whether it was your first or fifth time visiting the salon. Even their team of seamstresses were wonderful to work with and made the experience so wonderful. The salon is very clean, comfortable and has a romantic feel that really gets you in the spirit of being a bride. From the moment you walk in the door you are treated as if you are the only bride in the store who is getting married. They truly do make you feel that special. Every other store I went to (in other states) did not compare. Once you experience the customer service from Dior every other shopping experience is just painful.

Exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 bekah m

When I went into Dior to find a dress I was so nervous and anxious. Within minutes, Barb and Sharon calmed me down and helped me find the perfect dress that wowed my groom the day of the wedding. The staff at Dior takes time to know their bride, what they like, how they feel... Read More about the process, etc and make you feel like family every time you enter their doors. Sharon even teared up a bit when I was in for my final fitting! It really made me see how much they value their customers. I have referred anyone I talk to that is planning a wedding to Dior:)

Sharon goes above and beyond!!

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 Rachel F

Sharon is my absolute FAVORITE person here. When i walked through the door she always greeted me by my name. She went above and beyond to make sure i was happy with everything. She gave me great advice during the process of selecting my bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses and... Read More fittings. If you go here, which you should, request Sharon! You will not regret it! I LOVE HER!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 W T

If over over size 8 the selection is small. The store is also small only one 3 way mirror with seats. Another girl had it the whole time we were there. Even though we had an appt. I had to stand at the register the whole time, no sits were offered. My daughter would come out to... Read More show the dress the area was so small you cant lay the train out, could not even turn. The only mirror for her was the flat dressing room mirror .Alot of the dresses on the rake were dirty..not makeup, but...neck dirt. This place made davids bridal look like atop notch boutique. They DB had a couple sitting areas, lots of room to see walk in the dress. They spent so much time at davids showing different opens from belt to differnt sleeves, great customer services. hugh selection .

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Dior was great to work with. I felt very welcomed the first time I went in to look at dresses. They were very patient with making sure we got a dress that was perfect for me. They were always super friendly and helpful when I would go in for my fittings and alterations.... Read More Would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding dress in the metro Detroit area!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Karen C

I have two daughters getting married Dior was the best thing that happened to us during our dress search. They have gone above and beyond our expectations. They made us feel as we were their only client Sharon just amazing is all I can say Thank you and thank you for all... Read More you have fixed and made happen

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Marie B

Working with Dior Bridal Salon during the wedding planning process was such a joy. There's no denying that I'm a choosy person, and the team at Dior worked with me to find the perfect dress. They have a BEAUTIFUL selection of gowns to fit the needs and taste of every kind of... Read More bride, and they offer a large assortment of bridesmaid dresses. I am SO happy that we worked with this salon. My dress was perfect. The bridesmaid dresses were perfect. The flower girl dress was perfect. My veil was perfect. Alterations were easy. The environment is upscale, yet warm and inviting. Staff is knowledgeable and honest. I highly recommend Dior. Give my best to Sharon!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Liz P

I honestly wish I could give zero to this store. Buyers beware. I ordered my dress in plenty enough time, just about a year before my actual wedding. I had gained a few inches and when I tried my dress on, it was snug but fit. I said I would pay for it to be let out, but... Read More before leaving after the first fitting I was not remeasured. I questioned this to myself, but assumed the ladies here are professionals and knew what they were doing...BOY WAS I WRONG! I came back and the dress still was snug. The first seamstress I dealt with said she could take it out more OR I could "refrain from eating so much for the next month". I tried to laugh this off and made a joke of it, but I was seriously offended. I am NOT a big person by any means. I'm 5'2", 128 pounds. I called in the next day and asked to speak to a manager. I got Barb Schlaff who I'm assuming is the owner of the store. She proceeded to ignore that her seamstress had said this and made it seem like I was lying about the encounter. She told me to come in the following Monday and she would have another seamstress work with me. When I got there, the second seamstress was on vacation...so Barb said she would do the alterations...mind you she is NOT a seamstress who NORMALLY works on dresses. While I was there for this visit, I questioned both Barb and one of her other rude associates why I wasn't remeasured when I came in for the first fitting...their "excuse" was that the first seamstress has been doing this for 45 years and she's very experienced...well she still didn't have it right and they finally, after I HAD to request to be remeasured they did so. When I posted my review on their Facebook page after 8 TRIPS for fittings, Barb decided she was going to respond. She said "Dear Liz, Unfortunately there is very little seam allowance to let a fitted gown out when your measurements are larger than the day that you ordered. Our seamstresses worked tirelessly to accommodate your larger frame. I know that we finally achieved a perfect fit and that you were happy. So why complain about the people that helped you???" I responded to this and let her know that her response and attitude was EXACTLY why I complained and wanted to let other brides know to stay away from her shop. Eventually I decided to post her response on my page to let others know, and this caused a fire storm of others sharing and posting on their Facebook page. They must have been so embarrassed because shortly after all of this, they took down their original page, and started another. Now you'll see a fresh page, but people have already started to comment about this incident on the new one. They cannot hide their wrong doing. These ladies have no class and should not be in the business of working with the public if they are going to have such attitudes. There are some ladies that work there which were extremely helpful, understanding and professionals. Barb, I think you could learn a thing or two from these ladies. Best of luck in staying in business.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Laura M

We worked with Sharon and she was super helpful and patient as I tried on about 20 dresses and then on a later date several veils. The initial experience was great, we had a ton of fun picking out the dress and the price was relatively reasonable. The dress came in early, which... Read More was fantastic, but then things started to get a little weird. Suddenly additional charges were being added for things we thought were included, and we were being asked to pick up the dress prior to alternations and store it ourselves or pay a storage fee, when that was not how we recall we were initially told it would work. The dress also did not come in as expected. I paid extra to have the dress custom hemmed by the designer and was told that even if the length was off a little, it wouldn't be an issue because the lace applique at the bottom would come unattached so we could make final adjustments when the dress came in. This was not true, the dress came completely finished and too long, At this second "miscommunication" we decided to take the dress elsewhere for alterations, including having the extensive applique removed and resewn to adjust the dress to the correct height. Great job on the initial picking of a dress, not so great on the follow through.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Nicole D

Stay away isn't anything that I could yell louder! The staff (most but especially the Owner) treats you like you are nothing. Faulty measuring that will for sure make you need alterations. Then when they neglect to do measurements and/or wrong ones, the owner will so kindly... Read More body shame you. You will be told that you have obviously over eaten since the last fitting and that "your large frame" is the problem; not them. Reading other reviews, it appears that this is common practice there. So sad. This is supposed to be a brides best moments. Oh, did I mention that they removed the reviews from their Facebook today? How about this; they deactivated their entire account now. They don't want the truth out but I promised that I would write reviews everywhere so bride to be's can be warned.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Katherine R

Dior Bridal was the first and only salon I went to. I can't imagine that I could have found a more perfect dress anywhere else. The owner and her staff are amazing!!! Bea did such a great job measuring me that my dress only needed to be shortened. The women in alterations were... Read More extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I would highly recommend Dior Bridal!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 BethAnn N

Good news: great dress selection; Bad news: horrid customer service that ruined my entire experience. This is supposed to be fun, right? Found a great dress my first visit, 9 months in advance of my wedding. Was talked into ordering a belt. Upon further thought, I decided... Read More I did not want the belt. I had spoken to multiple people in the salon in person and on the phone, including the owner, regarding cancelling the belt (months prior to the belt getting shipped from China). They would not let me remove it from my order!! Instead, they held my dress for ransom and made me pay $300 (Yes, $300!) for a belt I expressly said I did not want and did not use on my dress. They recommended I sell it on the secondary market...?!?!? Aren't THEY the ones that should be selling this item, since this is their business??? This place is a joke. I did not and would not send anyone else their way and am currently contemplating small claims court. I am saddened, as Dior Bridal is right in my backyard. If you go onto 'Yelp" you will see similar experiences with this salon. I honestly wish I would have done so prior to engaging in business with them.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Rachel C

I ordered my wedding gown, veil, garter, and four bridesmaid dresses through Dior Bridal. I attended multiple Trunk Shows. Sharon is by far the best to work with. If you are going to schedule an appointment or work with Dior, I recommend only scheduling with her. As reviews have... Read More said before me, many of the other workers at Dior were not friendly or attentive. Two of the workers ruined shopping for a veil at the trunk show by not being helpful or friendly at all, even though I had an appointment. When my girls came in to try on dresses, there was little to no support to help the girls. When my dress came in and I tried my dress on, the girl working didn't help me get in or out of my dress. My mother and I had to figure it out, which was difficult as I had a corset back and never did it before. We lived over an hour away so each appointment we scheduled strategically around work and each other's schedules and to not get waited on with an appointment, let alone receive any greeting, friendliness or help as a bride who already purchased all her dresses at their shop was disappointing. So, schedule with Sharon and the experience at Dior will be everything you want it to be as a bride! Also, Mary in alterations is very talented and very kind to both my maid of honor and myself.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Amanda M

I cannot say enough great things about Dior bridal. They have many different styles and sample sizes to try on, which I appreciated being a curvier girl. I never felt like I was being judged or had a hard time trying to find something that would fit to try on. Everyone their is... Read More extremely helpful! Also, alternations were a breeze, even when I decided to add on a belt a week before my wedding, they still got it done! All my bridesmaids at their dresses from Dior as well!

Great service, selection, and price

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Dianna C

I had a great experience at Dior. I found my dress on the first day of shopping and it was at a very reasonable price. The bridal consultant Victoria Taylor was the best. She showed me only dress that I was interested in and allowed my mom to pick out some dresses for me. Which... Read More was great as it was my mom that actually found the dress. I don't have anything bad to say about this store. All of the staff I worked with were very helpful. I loved the selection of ivory dresses rather bright white. My maid of honor even went their to get her dress and found the one on the first trip.

Dress of my Dreams

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Lindsay M

Stopped at Dior on a whim and ended up finding the dress of my dreams. The staff are very accommodating and always willing to help and give suggestions. The alterations are a little on the pricey side and i ended up somewhere else for those. But i would still recommend Dior to... Read More look for the gown of your dreams!

My Dream Dress

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kylea P

Dior was my first bridal salon appointment on my hunt to find my dream dress. I had quite a few people with me and Dior was very accommodating. They started my appointment by asking me overall what I was looking for and showing a few photos. Then we went through the salon... Read More together and started pulling dresses. Everything in their store is very affordable (I was expecting to have to spend way more than I did) and they had a great selection of dresses. I tried on 10-15 dresses, and eventually narrowed it down to two. They were very patient with me as I went back and forth before saying yes to the dress! I didn't have to go to any other salons. Dior and specifically Kim and her mom who own the salon were fantastic throughout the process. My dress came into the store in a timely manner and when I received it I nearly panicked when it felt way too small. They said not to worry and then I met Mary (my seamstress) and my god is she a miracle worker. She transformed that dress and made it fit absolutely perfectly when I thought we had made a mistake in the size. She completely put me at ease. Dior was there for us every step of the way from my dress, to my bridesmaid dresses, the mother's dresses, and now in preserving my dress. I did work with some consultants throughout the process that were somewhat aloof or clueless at times, but I knew I could always count on Kim to ensure everything was taken care of. If you're going to Dior work with Kim or her mom and you won't be disappointed. My dress was my dream and I have no regrets with picking the dress or Dior!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Horrible communication. Never called me or communicated to me that my dress was in until August and it was in months before that. They never measured me when I first ordered the dress and I was 3 months pregnant so they had nothing to go off of when the dress came in. Had to... Read More switch to a corset back. Anna assured me that my dress would be secure in the bust area, even though I kept telling her I didn't feel secure. My dress was so loose In my chest area that it kept falling down the whole night. Everytime I see pictures that's all I think about. The manager wants me to wait until Anna is in to bring my dress to see what she did. Like she doesn't believe me. She took all day to call me back because she said she was doing what she had to do for her job. Maybe if she would of made my dress a priority in the first place we wouldn't of had this problem.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Dana T

I would never get a dress here again. 5 bridesmaid dresses bought - took WAY too long to come in, giving us barely any time to get alterations (which now will cost more). The store told me when to order them, neglected to tell me they take 14-16 weeks to come in, and then... Read More changed the arrival date on me. One lady slipped up that it was a rush order because they placed my order 2 months after all the dresses were actually ordered by us, but then another lady said that was false. Clearly they don't have it together. And not only that, but she made it sound like it was my fault and was very rude on the phone. I will NEVER shop here again. Sincerely - pissed off bride.

Not a good idea

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Meghan V

First, I would like to start by saying that I wish that I could review the shop and the alterations separately. The women in alterations were amazing and my wedding dress was perfect at my final fitting. They were sweet, helpful, and really put me at ease during the process.... Read More The cost was a shock but they did a good job. As for the shop, that is a whole different story. My first visit was ok, I know that the attendant was just being nice but it's probably not a good idea to tell a bride that every single dress that she puts on looks amazing. One suggestions, Wait for the brides response first before you say anything. Again, I know that she was just a happy, bubbly person. There was only one person on the staff that was easy to talk to and I wish that I could remember her name, all I know is that she was not the owner. From that day forward dealing with them was a nightmare. No one ever knew what was going on. One day I was told one thing and the next day I was told something else. Yes they can do it and then no they cannot, that is extremely frustrating for a bride. Thankfully my sister stepped in for me when I was about to lose my cool. Their billing was horribly unorganized. I was given numerous slips with different scribbles that were hard to figure out. At one visit I was given a total for my alterations, or so I thought, at my next visit it was higher then I had expected and I didn't really feel like there any good explanation for the difference in price. I would not recommend going there, it is a mystery to me how they have been in business for so long!

2015-06-13T14:35:56 Response from the vendor

Meghan - After reviewing your bill for alterations, I find the total cost of $201.50, very reasonable. This included a lace hem adjustment, altering side seams and a bustle. Subtract the $26.50 that you paid for adding bra cups and we show that you paid... Read Less Read More

Help, professional, kind staff

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Christina D

The ladies at Dior are amazing! They were honest, kind, and so helpful. The sales experience was fun, informative, and stress free. There was no pressure to buy and they are very clear with the deadlines and pricing. The tailoring was perfect! I wish I could buy all my clothes... Read More from them!

Winter Princess

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Adrienne Y

I had my wedding on NYE and went to Dior first (my parents live in the area). I found my dress almost immediately. All gowns there are $3K and under and just gorgeous. The seamstress is perfect; my strapless gown fit like a glove and the bustling was easy with the help of my mom... Read More and bridesmaid.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Patricia F

Victoria was amazing. Truly a touching experience that I will never forget.

Absolutely Horrible

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

I never write bad reviews, I am writing this one because I have never been treated so horribly in my life. I went to Dior Bridal with a $2,000 budget and was so excited to find my wedding dress and left in tears. I received HORRIBLE service. My assistant didn't clearly want to... Read More make a sale because I was never even asked how much money I was planning on spending. I was put in the sample dresses that were way too big for me (which is to be expected) however, my assistant did not even take the time to clip me into it. Every dress was huge and added about 50 pounds to my figure. It was extremely hard trying to picture how a dress will look like on you when it doesn't even nearly fit. I was asked to keep my leggings on which made trying on dresses extremely hot, I finally asked to take them off so that I wasn't dying of heat. My assistant was very cold and acted like my family or I weren't even there. She did not try to accommodate us at all. This salon carried the dress of my dreams that I ended up buying at another salon. I hated it at Dior because it didn't even fit me in any way possible and looked absolutely horrible. I suggest that you go to another salon and save your time and energy. I will not recommend this salon to anyone.

2014-12-13T16:18:01 Response from the vendor

We were so distressed to hear how unhappy you were with your bridal gown appointment. We have always strived to make your experience as indiividualized as possible. After reviewing your registration, we understand you came in because we were one of two salons who had... Read Less Read More

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Leslie C

Sharon at Dior was amazing & a blessing to work with! She helped every step of the way! She helped my mom and MOH find their dresses too!