Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

5706 E Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX (214) 412-0950

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Darby S

Choosing Jeff Hickock as our DJ was one of the best decisions we could have made. From cocktail hour, dinner, cake cutting, dancing etc he made perfect selections. He has an ability to play the right songs at the exact right time. The dance floor was packed with guests of all... Read More ages! HIRE HIM!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Lauren C

Jeff is absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for or imagined a better DJ for our wedding. My reception was at The Mansion on Turtle Creek, which is a more traditional setting in Dallas. However, I really wanted a dance party at my reception. Jeff ensured that the floor was... Read More packed all night. He has a great ability to feel the crowd and make sure songs that are played keep people out there all night. My 82 year old grandma was still on the dace at 10:30 PM. She does not dance. Or I thought that she didn’t :) If you make any requests of must-plays, or do not play list, he truly keeps to it.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Melissa W

I freakin love DJ Jeff. He made our wedding a total blast! We had uplights changing colors and the best music EVER. He knew exactly how to work a room to keep the mood going. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Hire Jeff!!! We love him! He is... Read More amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Shelley H

Jeff was wonderful! My husband and I had some disagreement about the kind of music to be played, but Jeff was able to make both of us happy. He is incredibly professional-once we decided to go with him, there's a place in his website where you can fill out a timeline of events... Read More and all the different special song requests. Because I didn't have a wedding planner, I ended up using those forms to help with my other vendors. The event went by so fast, but Jeff communicated with us and helped us get in the things that we really wanted, even though we did skip a few other things. We had lots of kids at our wedding and they were all dancing non stop. He did a fabulous job with keeping the the mood right where it needed to be while also getting in the songs both I and my husband wanted to hear. He was great with announcements while also not making himself the center of attention (as I have seen some do). I am absolutely thrilled with everything he did. Very easy to work with. Just thrilled beyond thrilled!! Thank you Jeff!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Zach D

We had Jeff for our DJ and it was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. He was so great to work with leading up to the wedding and it was so easy to put our song selections in his website. Reasonably priced and I would hire him all over again in a heart beat! He... Read More really made our day so special and everything we wanted it to be!

Best DJ by far!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Alyssa W

Jeff Hickok was our DJ for both our ceremony and reception. He was very reasonably priced, but we got way more than we paid for! Jeff is very professional, talented, and great to work with. He incorporated all of our ideas perfectly. All of our guests claim our wedding was the... Read More most fun they've had at a wedding by far (it definitely was for us) and I know that the DJ played a huge role in that. He kept the dance floor crowded, played all the songs we had requested, and provided the best flow of music throughout the entire night (ceremony - cocktail hour - dinner - dancing). The groom and I are very picky when it comes to music, and have been to many weddings where we feel like the music fell short so I'm so happy that was not the case at ours. Jeff beyond exceeded our expectations! If you're researching DJs for your wedding, look no further, Jeff Hickok is the one.

Great Job!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Bianca K

He did such a great job. I'm not very good at coming up with a music playlist, but we just wanted good music for dancing and fun, and DJ Hickok delivered! We had a great time, and he did such a great job at picking a variety of music for all our crazy family (we had requests... Read More from salsa, country to hip hop). Everyone didn't want it to end. Thanks, Jeff!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Lillie C

DJ Jeff Hickok was one of the main reasons that our wedding day was the best day of our lives. My husband and I didn't have to stress about a thing. We had planned every detail with Jeff before the big day and he took it from there. The ceremony music was perfect and exactly... Read More like we had talked about beforehand and the reception was an absolute BLAST! Everyone had so much fun! We received compliments all night on how fun the wedding was and I know Jeff had a huge role in that! He read the crowd so well and played music that everyone really enjoyed! He was also very professional and classy. I was so worried about having a cheesy DJ, but he was the farthest from that. He created an amazing night that my husband and I, along with our family and friends, will remember forever! THANKS DJ JEFF HICKOK!!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Rachael R

We used Jeff Hickok based solely on reviews that we read online about him. Greatest choice I made! Not only was he affordable, but Jeff played exactly the right kind of music at the right times during both our ceremony and reception. He was SUPER organized (which I VERY much... Read More appreciated), and very responsive to any need I had (usually responding within only a few hours via email). I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding DJ! Thank you, Jeff!

We were all impressed by DJ Jeff Hickok

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Elecia K

I am writing this review the day after my wedding, so his performance is fresh in my mind. Let me tell you; hire him now. DJ Jeff Hickok ("Jeff") was an excellent DJ. Jeff is a tall clean cut guy with a nice demeanor. Everyone who planned for the wedding was really... Read More impressed by his performance. He has a unique ability to feel the environment of the room and adjust the music accordingly. That is, he is excellent to adapting his environment. I gave him discretion on the type of music to play, and he somehow played the right songs at the appropriate moment. Jeff's music is not distracting. I have been to some weddings where the DJ is very distracting. It is apparent that the DJ in such weddings are trying to impress the party with their technical skills. Jeff does not do this. He makes sure that the guests and the wedding party gets the attention. Jeff did an excellent job introducing the wedding party, pronounced the names perfectly, played the appropriate music for dinner and the dance session. Great job, Jeff.

Hire him!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Adriana C

Jeff was absolutely amazing to work with! We booked him about a year before our wedding. He was extremely friendly, helpful and professional throughout the whole process. We took his recommendations for food and mariachi--and both turned out amazing. Jeff was great at... Read More keeping in touch. He responded to emails quickly and thoroughly. He called a couple of weeks before the wedding to review the wedding timeline. We had a wedding day-of coordinator and he did a wonderful job of working and collaborating with her. On the day of the wedding Jeff was so much fun. He not only responded to guests request, he was also so lively and fun. One last thing...my husband and I had a "surprise" dance, which Jeff was super helpful with. We sent him the songs we wanted, along with transition times and he created a mix. I recommend Jeff 100% of the way. I promise you won't regret this investment!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 ashley v

We used Jeff as our DJ for our May 2014 wedding and couldn't be happier. He was so easy to work with and his services came at such a great price for us. Upon signing our contract, he gave us a HUGE list of the top requested, top do not play and top dancing songs as well as... Read More suggestions for father-daughter dances, etc. It was so helpful in narrowing down and pinpointing our favorite songs. He was quick to respond to emails and all our guests and family absolutely loved him. We would absolutely recommend Jeff to everyone we know.

ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH!

Reviewed on 12/08/2013 Cindy F

DJ Jeff Hickok was the DJ for our 11/16/13 wedding. He is ABSOLUTELY top notch...very professional, knowledgeable and thorough. He covered all the bases for our wedding...uplighting, spotlighting, floor monogram and a great mix of music. Most important to me, he provided... Read More EXCEPTIONAL customer service!! He was extremely patient and responsive to my many emails and was VERY price competitive. He even sent me a hand written Thank You card after the event (yet another example of his attention to detail). I highly recommend Jeff Hickok for anyone expecting perfection for their special event...you will not be disappointed. I will certainly use him again in the future for parties and business functions. Thank you Jeff for making our wedding a fun and memorable time for everyone!!

Very pleased with The Dallas Wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Brooke M

We were more than pleased with our experience with The Dallas Wedding DJ! He was organized, professional, friendly, and above all, brought a ton of energy and presence at our wedding reception. My husband had chosen "Eminence Front" by The Who as our entry song, which, for... Read More those who don't know, is the song that the Dallas Mavericks use as they announce their starting 5 before home games. Jeff went above and beyond with his intros of our bridesmaids/groomsmen and gave us a chance to have fun with walking in, making it feel like we were about to play in a basketball or football game. It may not sound like your ideal wedding intro, but it was perfect for two sports fans, got our guests talking, and ultimately gave everyone a lot of energy to get on the dance floor. The guests, especially our wedding party, were all pumped up! Jeff was so awesome at helping us take a small vision and enlarging it to give us a fun party. I would HIGHLY recommend him. He is a great DJ with a very competitive rate. When my husband and I left our reception, we commented several times on how excited we were that we hired The Dallas Wedding DJ!

Very Professional and A Great Value

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 Allyssa C

I highly recommend Jeff Hicock for your wedding. Jeff is extremely passionate about his job and cares a lot about the clients he serves. When my husband and I were shopping around DJ vendors, Jeff stood out because he came to meet us in our neighborhood for convenience,... Read More dressed very professionally, and came prepared with plenty of forms and lists of music to help guide us through the process. Jeff did a great job at our wedding, getting people out on the dance floor at all times! He followed our song choices perfectly, and added in additional songs to our taste that we left off the list! The cherry on top was when Jeff sent a follow up thank you card for our business after our wedding. Jeff is a great guy and DJ!!

Professional

Reviewed on 2/20/2013 Crystal M

Jeff was professional and very accommodating to meet us when we requested throughout the planning. We had a pretty harsh do not play lost which he accepted gracefully! Guests had a great time, we highly recommend.

Wonderful DJ!

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Kendall T

Jeff did a wonderful job as the DJ at my wedding. He is very detail-oriented and listened to everything we asked him to do. He went out of his way to make sure our guests (and us) had a great time! I would recommend The Dallas Wedding DJ to anyone planning an event!

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Kayla L

DJ Jeff was fantastic. He played what we asked him to and made sure to check with us before he played something else. He was not pushy or overbearing. He was easy to work with and helped organize the reception for us.

Small Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Elizabeth M

Great value! He did our ceremony and reception and we were so happy with how everything turned out.

Absolutely WONDERFUL

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Courtney K

I was extremely nervous about finding a DJ, after all some of them have a reputation for being extremely cheesy and too talkative. Jeff met with my mom and I and was VERY organized which was a HUGE selling point for me! (Another DJ we met with FORGOT about our meeting, talk... Read More about a horrible first impression!) Jeff has some forms to fill out that let him know exactly how much interaction you want him to provide. He gives you music lists to help you get some ideas of popular wedding music, and he has you fill out an "absolutely do play this" and "Do not play this" lists. I chose to play his "Newlywed game" with my Husband and our guests LOVED it. Jeff was punctual, respectful, and very professional. I would recommend his services to anyone! He was also VERY affordable compared to several other DJs I got quotes from!!

Very Happy

Reviewed on 8/17/2011 Gabby C

Jeff was great, he is very affordable and just a great guy. He kept in contact with us before the wedding, he was prompt on responding when we had questions. On the day of our wedding he showed up early and set up then he changed and was ready for us after our ceremony. At... Read More our ceremony he even pulled the microphone and showed my guests how to do the cupid shuffle. He was very easy to work with and I would easily work with him again and recommend him to anyone in the are.

What a party!

Reviewed on 5/23/2011 Jenifer H

Jeff not only did the music for my reception, but also the music for my ceremony. Our theme was JAZZ! He did a great job of making the ceremony beautiful and the reception fun. The music was great. He was enthusiastic and very nice.