A regular DJ at Saks and Barneys NY, Johnny is also a Beyonce favorite DJ and an "IN STYLE" Mag Fashion/Wedding DJ. He spun at the launch party for Vera Wang's wedding book and DJed many Victoria's Secret-Mercedes Benz shows. Destination weddings welcome. Prices start at $2,800 negotiable.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

220 West 24th Street, New York, NY (646) 554-5148

Johnny is a great DJ!

Reviewed on 12/23/2013

Here it is 4+ years since my weding and I am writing a review...why? Well, I recommended Johnny to a friend for her recent wedding in November and after seeing Johnny again I was brought back to my own experience. The most important thing to my husband and I for our wedding day... Read More was music. We wanted everyone to dance and have a great time, we wanted a true party. Since we made that a priorty that put a great deal of pressure on finding the right person. Johnny came highly recommnded by a friend, so we did some research, took the friends advice, and hired Johnny. That was by far the easiest and best decision made during the wedding planning process. He was always professional and easy going. There was never any angst on the lead up to wedding day. He returned every phone call in a timely manner and was helpful and easy going with the music planning process. He arrived on time and proceeded without incident. Johnny helped the night flow smoothly. The wedding guests danced the entire night. The dance floor was never empty!!! He helped make our wedding very special! I would absolutely recommended him to anyone no matter the event.

I HEART DJ JOHNNY

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Olivia C

When my sister married, she hired an amazing band that I thought I'd hire for mine--- until I called for a quote. YIKES! HOW MUCH?! I started looking into DJs but did not want that stereotypical Long Island 'yo yo yo' MCing. Enter DJ Johnny. From the first time we met him,... Read More we knew he was the one. He just got us right off the bat and was one of my favorite vendors to work with. His communication, passion, and enthusiam is ++++++++. The day of the wedding he arrived early to set up and sound check and, unbeknownst to us, even helped one of our other vendors with an equipment malfunction. He played everything we wanted to hear- including a killer traditional Polish gypsy set, an 80s/early90s hiphop set that made one of my guests feel like he was back in high school, and a special request for my 3 year old nephew who STILL talks about it! Whatever you want, DJ Johnny will bring it!

Love Johnny!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Jessie B

Johnny did an awesome job at our wedding in September in Montauk!! First, during our preparation period, Johnny checked in with us regularly to discuss the day and agenda. Because we had so much stuff going on, we were staying behind big time!! Thanks to Johnny for staying... Read More on top of it. We are supper appreciative! In addition, he was able to grasp exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a chill and not too traditional flow of the enter wedding. He gave us lots of awesome suggestions! On the day, he was super on time. Played exactly what we were looking for. Our guests especially loved his deep voice :) We had an awesome day Johnny thanks so much!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Joan S

Great DJ full of energy and professionalism. Thank you for making my night special!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Elena P

Unbelievable! The energy at our wedding was amazing- Johnny kept the dance floor packed all night. He also did a wonder job of mixing music from our two cultures (Portuguese and Indian) creating a high-energy fusion dance party. I would highly highly recommend him for your... Read More event. We could not have been more happy.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Awesome!!! It was a great experience from the time we met Johnny several months before the wedding all the until our wedding night! He absolutely nailed the entire thing! He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night and NO ONE wanted to leave! We wish we could have... Read More extended our wedding a few more hours!! Do yourselves a favor and book his A.S.A.P.! Thanks Johnny for making our night amazing!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

We worked with Johnny for our wedding in November 2015. From start to finish, he was an absolute pleasure to work with! He made himself available whenever we wanted to talk, and always responded quickly to emails. More importantly, he listed to us! He sat down to understand... Read More what sort of music we wanted, we gave him a list of (1) songs we love and (2) songs we DEFINITELY didn't want played. Additionally, he asked us for a detailed timeline of the night, so he knew when to make announcements, when to keep the party relaxed, and when to blow the roof off the place. From start to finish, he kept us dancing all night and I would absolutely recommend him to any friend!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Jill G

DJ Johnny is the ultimate professional - he has years of experience and clearly loves being a DJ. This really makes all of the difference at an event as important as your wedding. For my husband and I - music was very important to our wedding. We wanted to have a fun party... Read More and knew music would either help make that happen or ruin it. From the first time I talked to Johnny on the phone to our in person meeting, Johnny was clearly interested in understanding "our vision" for our wedding vs. just having one style that he pushes on everyone. I was confident he genuinely wanted to create the perfect night for us and listened to what that meant for us. We had some concerns as our guests were coming from a wide variety of places and had a wide variety of musical tastes, but we felt that DJ Johnny would be up to the task. Leading up to the even Johnny was available to chat whenever we needed to chat and helped us get organized with our "must plays" and "never play" songs. We certainly had a lot of input in our music, but when we were stuck, like on our ceremony music, Johnny was there with the perfect suggestions. By my wedding day, music was one thing I just wasn't worried about. Our actual wedding day went even better than I could have imagined. Ceremony music was flawless and even our cocktail hour music, which can be forgettable at many weddings, was great. But the reception was where Johnny really shined. Sure, we'd gone over a bunch of songs we thought would work, but Johnny really read the crowd and adapted to maximize the fun and keep the most people on the dance floor for the longest amount of time (which was our priority). This was not an easy task, as we had a wide variety of guests. Not to mention, the entire evening Johnny looked like he was having as much fun as our guests! I think this is really what makes him a great DJ - he really wants your wedding to be everything you ever dreamed of and genuinely works his hardest to make that happen for you. So whether you want a "bring down the house" dance party or a more refined event, Johnny will work to make that happen; I really feel like you cannot go wrong with DJ Johnny Stuart for your wedding.

Reviewed on 9/03/2015

Johnny made our wedding so special. We are a 'second time around' couple and had guests from the US and from England. The age ranges were from 20 to 80 and I have to say, EVERYONE had a blast. This was such a great celebration and it was due to the prep and expertise that... Read More Johnny had in selecting the right music and adding his touch of class to how he was the master of ceremony. He worked with us so that our event had the right timing and accompanying music to make it a total classy event. And, for this eclectic crowd, everyone danced. It was THE best wedding I have every been to and I was lucky enough to be the one hosting. Thank you Johnny for making our night magical.

Amazing Energy and Work Ethic!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Joanne M

It was a true pleasure working with Johnny for our special day. From the moment we first met with him to our big day, he was super attentive and ensured we felt at ease. A week before our wedding I decided to surprise my husband-to-be with a band performance and when I informed... Read More Johnny of the change of plans he was extremely supportive and even volunteered to reach out to the band leader to ensure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. On our big day the band was caught in traffic for over an hour and Johnny was able to filled in with an early dance set playing their style of music where they were supposed to play a set without skipping a beat. We rescheduled the whole evening like nothing ever even happened and it was even more amazing!! I would highly recommend him and can't wait to throw another party so we can work together again!

Flawless Execution by a True Professional

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Mia F

Pre-hiring: met with us in person to discuss the process in detail (able to a accomodate my husband and my schedules), had us describe what we wanted and how he could help us achieve our objective Post-hiring: remained accessible 24/7 always got back to us within the hour... Read More (even when he was traveling); had multiple conversations to discuss and create a detailed itenerary for the night, the music selection (song-by-song), name pronunciation, Zafa (Arabic wedding march) set-up, after party transition, no-play list, etc. Day of: The vibe was amazing and the guests were always out of their seats! An excellent job melding the Arabic and American music and with the Zafa entrance. Also coordinated with other vendors the day off (e.g., Zafa band, wedding coordinator) so we didn't have to. Managed a lighting fast wedding-to-afterparty transition that never gave the festivities a chance to relent.

DJ Johnny "Danger" Stuart is YOUR DJ

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Guy R

I cannot say enough fantastic things about DJ Johnny Stuart. From our first meeting(s) with him to the actual event, my fiance/wife and I felt truly like we had a real partner in the entertainment aspect of our wedding. Johnny was always responsive and helpful, knows the... Read More business (and probably your venue) up and down and is just a joy to work with. Funny, cool, knowledgeable, you name it, DJ Johnny is your man. He made a stressful experience fun, but also made sure we were covered in all the important areas. "What do you want for procession music? How about introductions? What vibe do you want for cocktail hour?" - all aspects you may have neglected to think about, Johnny Stuart has you covered. And on the day of the BIG event... Johnny was set up, prepared and just made the party happen. He even acted as a de facto MC when needed. A true class act and a great ally to have for any big event that requires a real professional to handle the party and make sure people are on their feet (and you are feeling good!). Do yourself a favor and book this man in advance. You'll be glad you did. ~Guy & Marissa Rader Astoria, NY (Hired Johnny Stuart as our DJ for a wedding 9/13/14)

wow!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

DJ Johnny was absolutely amazing at our wedding this past weekend in the Hamptons. He understood what we wanted and expected from our first meeting. He was easy to work with in order to orchestrate the music for the atmosphere we wanted to create. He is super passionate about... Read More what he does, and that shows through in his work. He played music during cocktail hour, dinner, and then dancing. Each part had music that was different from each other but fit the mood perfectly. During dancing, Johnny kept everyone on their feet the entire time. I have never seen this at a wedding- people didn't want the night to end. Since the wedding, we have heard from many people it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to, and I think that is largely due to the music. I would highly recommend him and can't wait to throw another party so we can work together again!

Johnny is great!!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Helen L

We were so lucky that we found Johnny as our wedding DJ at Hyatt. It was a cultural and western combined wedding and my families and in-laws came all the way from China to attend. We all had such a great time on the wedding night. Johnny is such a pleasure to work with and he... Read More is very responsive, professional and corporative through our entire music list preparation and the wedding. He did both ceremony and reception part and all my families and friends joined for dancing and it was really incredible! Highly recommend to all of you guys who are looking for a great DJ. Both my husband and I want to say thank you so much to Johnny for such a wonderful wedding! THANK YOU!

Dj

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Maryvic D

DJ Johnny was great to work with!!! He was professional, flexible with time, efficient, organized and most of all he LISTENED...he kept the dance floor packed all night long... I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great DJ!

Splendid

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Kenneth G

We got married in NYC in may, but organised the whole thing from Ecuador, South America. He recommended places where we could have our wedding, along with a lot of tips four our big night. It was a very singular wedding, since guests flew in from all around the world, making it... Read More a very diverse and multicultural event. The place he personally helped us pick turned out to be amazing, the food was great, but the music was the central entertainment. Everybody felt connected to the music, and Johnny created an energetic environment full of dance and laughter. We gave him a list of the music we wanted, and he mixed it to perfection. We absolutely recommend him for anyone looking for the greatest wedding DJ!

Johnny was amazing!!! Kept everyone dancing and having fun!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Kate M

I have the best things to say about Johnny. He was the utmost professional from our first meeting. He is very diligent and timely - he kept me on track with all the needed paperwork and itinerary. We had traditional dancers with announcements where timing was crucial for guests'... Read More surprises and he adhered to everything to the microsecond! Amazing - he promised he would b/c of his experience in fashion and he DELIVERED!!!!! The guests loved him too - so many compliments! He also complied completely with my playlist and do-not-play list and made sure he understood everything in advance!

A Love That Will Last: A Gay Wedding

Reviewed on 6/28/2014 Gary S

DJ Johnny was very helpful and responsive during the preparations leading up to our wedding in Jersey City, NJ in May 2014. He has a vast knowledge of song styles and can match what you want your overall theme to be perfectly with his choice of songs. He also seamlessly weaved... Read More in the specific songs we wanted to include in our reception and ceremony. Johnny was expert in coordinating our live singer with her needs of music tracks and sound. Johnny had the perfect mix of upbeat and slow songs and knew exactly how and when to play them to add to the overall success of our day. Johnny has done several large events for us in the past few years from 60- 200 people and has always been professional and amazingly helpful and fun! We are a gay couple and it was very important for us to have a DJ that would be excited about working with us to create a special day. DJ Johnny came thru in every way possible and we would highly recommend him and his services to any couple looking to have a great experience. There is only one DJ and his name is....Johnny Stuart!

DJ Johnny kept the party going all night!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Dina T

He was easy to work with, super flexible when we were scheduling meetings, had as many prep conversations with us as we needed, put together a detailed timeline with every song we wanted to play for all of the key moments, and did a great job with music at the cocktail hour,... Read More throughout dinner, and then had people on the dance floor until 2am!! Even our parents and older relatives were dancing. DJ Johnny is well worth his fee and THEN SOME! Don't waste your money on a huge band when all you need is one amazing DJ!

Fun-Filled Dance Party!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Michelle G

We can not say enough amazing things about DJ Johnny. He DJ-ed our wedding last weekend, and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had! Both our wedding venue and wedding planner said that they have never seen so many people on the dance floor at any other wedding... Read More -- this was all a big testament to DJ Johnny! Johnny was so much fun to work with throughout the wedding planning process. He was available to chat anytime, and to answer any questions that I had, and was very flexible with any of our requests. I felt so comfortable knowing that he would pick a great mix of songs to play that would get people dancing throughout the night! I provided him with a few of my favorite songs, and he ran with the rest, creating a perfect playlist (my guests were actually asking for the full list of songs that he played....) The night was filled with an amazing mix of rock and dance songs that kept the crowd going - we were all sweating and jumping by the end of the night, which is truly the sign of a great wedding! I could not more highly recommend Johnny to anyone looking for an upbeat, fun-filled wedding.

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Shiny M

Johnny Stuart is hands down the best DJ ever. Our guests were on the dance floor all night long and they did not want the party to end. DJ Johnny Stuart was able to accommodate our music requests and tastes and integrate the music in a way that no one wanted to leave the dance... Read More floor!! We could not be any happier! We highly recommend DJ Johnny Stuart!!!

Simply the best!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2012 Deborah F

I feel the need to start by saying that I'm not the type of person who usually posts reviews, and that I'm also not easily pleased. That said, I remember thinking during the wedding, "Oh my god this is AMAZING, I have to post something!" The dance floor was packed from start to... Read More finish with people of all ages and backgrounds. Everyone from my younger friends whom I expected to dance the whole night, to my 70 year-old mom and relatives of all age groups from different countries had so much fun, and the dance floor was a virtual magnet created by Johnny. We had two distinct "cultures" represented and he somehow found songs that made everyone beyond happy. It was like an entire night of those songs that make you want to get up and dance. I heard a lot of, "Where did you find this guy? He's GREAT!" We truly had the best night, better than we even imagined and Johnny was at the helm and seemed as excited as we were. The wedding went late and it was no problem for him - nothing was! He also maintained control in that he did not allow just anyone to grab the mic and make a speech without our approval, which I appreciated. Wedding planning is obviously a stressful journey and Johnny could not have made it any easier - the consummate professional from start to finish. When we started our DJ search we found a lot of part-timers who pushed the "lighting package." We were looking for a more classy and sophisticated - but still fun - wedding and thank god we found Johnny who knew that strobe lights were not what we were looking for. He also did the ceremony music which was great, and kept us organized throughout the planning process. He responded to my emails seemingly immediately and I am SO glad that I found him. It seemed more like he was a friend who also happened to be a fantastic DJ than someone we hired, which is not an easy find when planning a wedding. Simply put, we looked around A LOT and you will not find a more organized, professional, responsive, and enthusiastic DJ! I can't wait to have another event just so we can use him again!

FANTASTIC DJ!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Christine S

All of the reviews about him are correct- he was nothing short of amazing. He is a person who truly had a passion for what he does and it is reflected in his work. All of our guests absolutely loved him, and he was able to blend song so well and honor all of our special... Read More requests. He spoke with us to make sure everything would be flawless and offered suggestions if we needed help with something. I would highly, highly recommend him for your wedding

Just what we wanted!

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Gregory W

We met Johnny through a friend who recommended him after seeing him DJ an event for the NY Brazil Foundation. Johnny met with us several times and made sure to incorporate all our ideas for our wedding--big and small. Our biggest requirement was providing a mix of music, since... Read More my (now) husband has French family, and I have Taiwanese family, so it certainly wasn't an easy task. We gave a ton of "required" songs to make sure it would appeal to everyone, and Johnny willingly worked off our song list to make sure any additional choices fit with ours (and even followed our extensive "do not play" list!). The night of our wedding reception, when the first song came on, the dance floor was PACKED. Literally. My mother-in-law said she'd never seen her father dance, and he was on the dance floor. I've never seen my parents dance, and they were kicking up a storm. We had people telling us afterwards that they'd never seen the dance floor that packed at a wedding before. Suffice to say, we were incredibly impressed with Johnny's skills--he did a fabulous, memorable job--so much so that days after our wedding, we had several people request his playlist! Thanks again, Johnny!

Johnny - not your typical DJ

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Tobey W

I did a TON of research on DJ's when planning my wedding because the music/dancing was the most important part for me next to the food. I hired a wedding planner to help me through the decision making progress and called/researched about 10 different DJ's that she suggested.... Read More Johnny was the ONLY one that seemed as excited as I was about my wedding. His confidence and enthusiasm about music were ultimately what made me decide that he was by far the best choice. His take on being a DJ was so different then anyone else that I had spoken to. His focus was getting to know me and my fiance on a personal level so that he could design the evening that would make us dance the night away and have the time of our lives....and we did. By mixing the music from old to knew, all of our guests were on the dance floor from the start and he seamlessly blended the songs so that there was NEVER a dull moment. It took all my strength to walk off the dance floor even for just a moment because I was having the best time dancing with everyone. During the reception, Johnny was ALSO having a blast watching everyone party and was really a PART of our wedding. That was important to us...we wanted him to blend in and he did just that. I think he even made a few friends that night, including us of course. Johnny left us with lasting memories of a perfect evening full of fun, laughs, and non stop dancing. His excitement and enthusiasm is contagious and shows through his music. To all the future brides reading this review...when you have confidence with the people you choose to be at your wedding, it takes a huge amount of stress off your shoulders because they take care of it, have everything under control and DELIVER. I highly suggest Johnny if you want a DJ that does exactly what he says he's going to do...listen to your vision, communicate communicate communicate and create the most amazing evening for you and your guests. Its two days after our wedding and I have friends and family still telling us that our wedding was the most fun they have had dancing the night away....thanks to Johnny.

Start a Conversation!