DJ MaShane Wedding DJ

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

Attleboro, MA Rhode Island & Massachusetts (508) 455-3655

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Kara B

Shane did an awesome job of keeping the dance floor packed at our wedding. I had several people tell me it was the best music they heard at a wedding in a while. We were very happy with our choice!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Jenna M

The quality of the service is definitely what they promised. Shane had creative ideas for making the night fun for us and all of our guests. The uplighting and monogram were fantastic and the dice game was super fun. The photo booth was also a big hit. Paul was great at checking... Read More in, staying on top of details, and following up on all of our questions and needs. He definitely made sure everything was as we wanted it. There was a bit of upselling, but it was not pushy, and since we were able to negotiate, the drone was worth it in the end. Our advice would be to read the contract thoroughly and make sure there is full understanding of each part. Shane's energy and enthusiasm were what made us sign with him after our first meeting and it was his personality that made our wedding reception shine. His music choices and professionalism were a hit with all age groups. We loved working with him, received many compliments from guests, and would highly recommend him to others.

Wedding

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

DJ MaShane did an amazing job at our wedding. He went out of his way to ensure that my husband got the song that he wanted for the mother son dance and there wasn't a song he did not have. He played exactly what we asked for and kept people entertained. The dance floor was... Read More packed the entire night and the venue had to turn on and flash the lights to get us to go home. Shane made sure that our guests were having an amazing time and made sure to include everything we wanted in our day and also keep thongs moving along. Our experience working with Shane was AMAZING.

Beware of DJ Alex

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Elena B

On the whole, our guests were happy with the music at our wedding but I was beyond disappointed especially as we went into so much detail about what we were hoping for with Shane just a week before. I’m a little unsure if the issue is that Alex did not care about our wishes or... Read More if Shane did not translate them to him. Here’s a list of minor and major slip ups from our wedding: 1) We asked to play nice, easy classical music prior to the start of the ceremony. We got a string version of Smells like Teen Spirit – I have no idea how that could ever been considered acceptable when we had talked about having Beethoven and/or Bach. 2) Alex played my step-father daughter dance during dinner and then played a different version of “Unforgettable” for my stepfather daughter dance. This bothered me the most. Anyone with divorced and remarried parent knows that planning a wedding with them can be a nightmare. My step father already felt second rate, we didn’t need to play our song during dinner to further reinforce that feeling. 3) Alex played a Christmas song during dinner at our October wedding. 4) We gave a specific list of Do Not Play songs and talked at length with Shane about what type of music we wanted to avoid at the wedding. Alex played a song that was on our do not play list and he played other songs that were similar throughout the night. The worst part of all of this was Shane called us to apologize. While he apologized, he also told us that they typically load a genre or music or a playlist of music to be played. Apparently because it’s a service they can’t edit the genre or playlist ahead of time?? I’m not sure but Shane basically said that you have to be vigilant and watch the playlist to make sure that you have the right songs on it and are not playing the wrong one. He made it sound like it’s really easy for an incorrect song to sneak in. That would have been fine if it was one song slip up but you know what… don’t give us a 4 page questionnaire about what we want and don’t want if you can’t monitor your playlist. I was really surprised by these results. When we booked MAShane they had all great reviews online and Shane always seemed to understand exactly what we were asking for. My advice would be to book with Shane and be hesitant before working with Alex.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We planned a Newport, RI wedding from Dallas, TX. We had our first meeting with Shane via FaceTime and it was great. I contacted a few other local DJ's before Shane and half of them were unprofessional, some wouldn't do a video chat, some were way too "fake", and a few that... Read More are really "well known" in the area were so much more expensive and you could tell they didn't care if you booked them or not. Shane and Paul both made it seem like we had a friend DJ'ing our wedding which made it easy to communicate. Wedding was perfect, not one problem. Everyone was dancing and having a great time. Uplighting at OceanCliff is amazing! I loved it! I highly recommend both Shane and Paul for all young wedding couples!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I can't say enough good things about DJ MaShane! From the moment we meet with him we both knew our wedding was going to be great but we didn't know how great it was going to be. Music selection was great. He had everyone on the dance floor from young to old and didn't use any... Read More of the "typical" wedding songs as we asked him not too. We wanted knew songs because they have a better dance beat but he did some remixes of old songs to bring in a newer feel to them and all my friends absolutely loved it. Photo booth was great along with the uplighting really changed the ballroom for the better.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Shane was great! Loved everything from his set up to the uplighting. I'm so glad I went with the uplighting package with the photo booth. My guests are still talking about how much fun they had dancing all night long. Shane was fun but yet very professional. Perfect night... Read More and I will recommend to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Shane and Paul were the perfect choice for our wedding! Shane saved the day more than once when issues came up with the venue. He communicated with them and handle everything for us and ran the wedding when the venue was not able to. Shane had everyone up dancing all night... Read More long. Paul handle a lot of the communications and would get back to me within a couple of hours. I would use again and I will recommend to all my friends. You are in good hands with DJ Mashane

BEST DJ CHOICE IN NEW ENGLAND

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Rachel G

DJ MaShane was by far one of the best decisions my husband and I made in planning our wedding. He was professional, personable, respectful, organized and is just brilliant at what he does. He has a passion for his work and it shows. Shane's number one priority was making sure my... Read More husband and I along with our guests, were having the time of our lives and enjoying not only the reception, but our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner music. He was the ultimate MC and we could not be happier with our choice. Booking DJ MaShane will, by far, be the BEST decision you make for your wedding and I can assure you, you will not regret it!

Would Highly Recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Theresa F

Our wedding was such a blast, and for that we have to thank DJ Mashane. We had tons of compliments about the music from so many people during the reception. Shane played a great range of music, and had a constant read on everyone- which is exactly what we wanted. Fairly priced... Read More and great to work with. We also used the up lighting and monogram which made our reception personable, and set the mood. So glad we chose to do that.

Lots of Fun!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Helen M

DJ MaShane did an excellent job DJing our wedding. My husband and I were looking for someone with a sense of humor who liked to have fun, and we found that in DJ MaShane. Shane was our DJ, and he was extremely easy to work with. We planned our wedding from across the country,... Read More and Shane was extremely willing to work with our schedule and video chat with us so we could get to know him and go over the music details for a wedding. He was up until midnight one night with us!! I think a quality DJ (or band) is really critical to a successful wedding, and Shane had that perfect balance of great MC without inserting himself into the wedding. His announcements were perfect, with everything pronounced well with a great booming announcing voice and perfectly timed to the music. His music choices were good! Our guests were a little lame and didn’t feel like dancing much (that’s a risk we took with a daytime wedding!), but he did a great job keeping people on the dance floor. Most importantly, my husband and I had a great time! He did start to play a song on my “Do Not Play” list which bothered me a little, but changed the song as soon as I stopped dancing and gave him “the look”. Overall, I think Shane did an excellent job and would absolutely recommend him to others.

I could not be happier with DJ MaShane!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

They provided cocktail music, reception music with live drummer, full room uplighting, and wireless mics during the ceremony for our wedding at Belle Mer, and they did an amazing job on every aspect. My husband had really wanted a band, but Paul introduced us to the option of... Read More having a live drummer. It was a great compromise for us as it saved us a lot of money on hiring a band, yet it still gave the feel of something live. The result was awesome. People were shocked to see both a DJ and drummer. They alternate between playing a few songs with drumming and a few without, so that it is not too much. I think it really helped get everybody up and dancing. As a MC, Shane did a great job. He was upbeat and got the crowd going. He took the time to learn everybody's names correctly for introductions, and there were a few hard pronunciations! You could tell he really enjoyed what he was doing. He also introduced us to a few games that the guests loved. The music was perfect, exactly the style we'd asked for. Particularly for a daytime wedding, I was nervous people would just be sitting around, but everybody was up and dancing thanks to DJ MaShane! Their equipment is top notch. We weren't sure if the uplighting would have much of an effect during the day time, but they were able to give us good advice on it. In the end, the lights were beautiful and created the perfect ambiance. They were all wireless too, so everything looked to perfection, without ugly wires everywhere. The wireless mic/speaker systems were also flawless. Since the ceremony was outdoors, we were nervous there would be a lot of artifact noise, etc, but the sound was perfect and people loved that they could actually hear our vows. I could not recommend DJ MaShane enough! They were professional and very responsive. I always got a response to any emails I sent (which was quite a few) within a day if not within a few minutes! You can't go wrong with them!

Best dj ever!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Ashley H

Hands down best dj ever. Everything was perfect. The up lighting and monogram were beautiful. So personable, we felt like we had a friend dj-ing our wedding. Shane totally made our wedding. Our guest can't stop talking about how great they are. They went above and beyond, even... Read More taking care of things that were not their responsibilty. You would be silly to not choose them. My husband and I are all ready trying to think of a reason to have a party just to have them come be the life of the party. Thank you for everything!!

Best Wedding Ever!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

Paul and Shane are an awesome team. They are one of the easiest, most organized, responsive vendors we have worked with. Paul responded quickly, even to 2 am emails. Shane is a great DJ: intuitive, going with the flow, and interactive with our guests. They were very... Read More professional, and very helpful especially when it was closer to the wedding and we had to finalize the details. Shane had people on the dance floor ALL NIGHT. They also provided uplighting and the monogram design for our wedding. It was beautiful. They did a great job of setting the mood and tempo of the reception.

Totally fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Elnaz B

DJ Mashane was amazing to work with! Paul, the owner, was so easy to communicate with and super helpful with everything I needed right up until our big day. He always gets right back to you when you have questions. Shane, our DJ, was so fun and had our guests on the dance floor... Read More from the beginning until the very last minute of our reception! He was so engaging (but not over the top) and played every song we wanted. DJ Mashane is seriously such an awesome company and we are beyond happy that we chose them for our wedding. You won't go wrong with them, they are amazing!

October Wedding 2014

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Tracy M

Shane was the DJ for our October wedding, and we did up lighting, as well. I could not be happier and I know where I will be going if/when we need a DJ in the future. You cant beat their value, and we even had people come up to us at the wedding that said how great our DJ was... Read More and also had people ask if he knew us because he had our music tastes so down pat! The up lighting was amazing and highly recommend. Finally not only was Shane great at what he did but he was great to work with through out, accomdating and awesome guy! Thanks again DJ MaShane!

Hire them

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

We hired DJ MaShane for our September wedding ceremony and reception and were very happy with the decision. Prior to the event, Shane and Paul were super responsive, helpful and despite our planning coming down to the wire, they remained flexible and understanding. Throughout... Read More the day, they essentially became apart of the wedding, interacting with the crowd and building great energy. We did some unique things during our ceremony and also showed a video during our reception, and Shane was completely on point throughout all of it. On top of all this, the value for all the services we signed on for (ceremony, reception, uplighting, video) was top notch. If you choose to hire DJ MaShane, expect a ton of professionalism leading up to the event and a lot of fun and energy on the day of.

BEST DJ EVER!

Reviewed on 8/21/2014

BEST DJ EVER! Paul & Shane are excellent at what they do! They were well organized and professional, and did an amazing job at our wedding. They were quick to answer any questions I had. Great music and entertainment! Everyone had fun requesting their own songs. They even... Read More helped me find an amazing videographer! Would definitely recommend DJ Mashane to anyone looking for DJ!

Had a blast!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 ashley w

We used Paul and Shane for our wedding. They were the DJ for the reception, provided our ceremony music, and set up uplighting for our venue. They were great to work with and I cant say anything bad about them! Their equipment looked great: not only were the uplights very nice... Read More but they DJ booth was awesome. They had a really nice set up with lights and a screen...not just a table with ugly wires everywhere. As far as music, we submitted our music sheets (that they provide) about a month before and they we chatted about exactly what we wanted. They were more than accommodating and even downloaded some new music for us. They have a cool text number to send in requests, which my guests loved (I even had one guest chatting with them via text about music history and trivia). They read the crowd well and all of my guests had a great time! And to top it all off, they were WAY affordable. I recommend their services to anyone .

BEST WEDDING EVER!!!

Reviewed on 1/31/2014

I had 6 friends get married last year and hands down I had the best wedding all thanks to the great crew at DJ MaShane! I had Marcus dj my wedding and he was fantastic. High energy which is exactly what I wanted but not over the top. He played the perfect blend of music. I... Read More meet with Paul & Shane originally and then had a phone meeting with Marcus and Shane to go over everything and meet Marcus. I was soo busy I wasn't able to meet him in person so I was glad they could handle things over the phone. The room looked great with the uplighting and logo light. You were right, everyone loved the shoe game! It was fun. From the first email with Paul I knew I found the right DJ but after checking out the videos, pictures, and reviews, I was more than sold on the dj service. I couldn't have asked for anything more. These guys are worth every penny and more. I also went with there videographer at the last minute as mine cancelled on us the week before the wedding. I don't remember the videographers name but he was very nice and he wasn't "in your face". He was perfect. Again, worth every penny and more. Thanks guys and can't wait to see the video!

Best Wedding Imaginable!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Rachel B

From the first time I meet with these great guys I knew I found the right DJ for my wedding! I was beyond excited! I wanted a fun and upbeat wedding and that is exactly what they delivered while being professionals at all time. They were not over the top but knew how to get... Read More people up on the dance floor. Marcus was the main DJ and MC for my wedding which was a perfect fit. Shane was also at the wedding. I mostly communicated with Paul and Shane but I meet with all three for our first meeting. I loved that they answered all my questions before I even asked and that they had sooo many stories that I felt like I was talking to an old high school friend. The dance floor was packed all night and to this day I still hear from everyone that it was the best wedding they have ever been to all because of the DJ. They are worth so much more money than what they charge and they know it but you can tell they love with they do which goes a long way and helps make the wedding so much more memorable. I highly recommend DJ Marcus from DJ MaShane Wedding DJ Service.

So much fun!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Lise S

DJ MaShane provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Shane and Paul were both really organized, friendly, and approachable and took all of our specific song requests in stride. They were flexible and able to make last minute changes and playlists only a... Read More couple of days before the wedding. Paul was great at being really responsive to questions and emails during the planning and Shane was great at reading the audience and keeping the dance floor moving during the reception. Paul and Shane were able to do the extra set-up with our ceremony music request and also did the uplighting for our reception. The uplighting looked great and really transformed the space. Shane was a great MC for the night and was helpful in communicating timelines and making sure we were on the same page. Our only small complaint is that they cut our first dance song short, without letting us know this was going to happen. A little fun addition: on each table they provided song request cards for guests to use, as well as a phone number that guests could text requests to - guests appreciated this! These guys are a steal at the prices they charge and you probably won't meet two guys who love what they're doing as much or are as hardworking and dedicated. It definitely shows in the quality of their services and when you talk to them. They were great to work with!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Kyrra N

Shane and Paul from DJ MaShane were so amazing to work with. The rates are more than reasonable, and they made my wedding day perfect! Every time I emailed them someone would get back to me within 24 hours, usually within 1-3 hours!! Originally we were only going to have them... Read More play for the reception and not for the ceremony, but about a week or two before the wedding, my husband and I decided we wanted them to play a song for our recessional after the ceremony was over. I sent Paul a quick email and got a response right away that it wasn't a problem to have them play the one song. They were great about playing requests and even left business cards on the table with a phone number our guests could TEXT their requests to! I definitely recommend DJ MaShane to anyone.

A DJ who goes above & beyond

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Jessica P

DJ MaShane did our music for the ceremony and reception as well as uplighting. Before the wedding, Paul and Shane responded very promptly to all of our questions and concerns, and went out of their way to meet with us twice to make sure everything was in order for our wedding... Read More day. The weather kept changing, and with it, so did the plans for our outdoor ceremony. They adapted well to each change and tweak we made that day and the week leading up to it. They had a lighted facade covering their equipment, which looked very nice and several guests commented on how much they liked it. Also, their uplighting was beautiful, and I would recommend that option to anyone who needed to spruce up their venue without worrying about a ton of decorations. They did make two small errors (one during the ceremony and one during dances), but I only mention this because NO ONE noticed. My husband and I noticed because we spent a year planning it, but even my mom was oblivious. (She notices everything and knew how they were supposed to go.) I think that it is a HUGE advantage to have a DJ who can think on his feet and adapt to changing situations. They played great music that was accessible to everyone, and we all had a great time dancing the whole night. I'd also like to note that Shane gave a pep talk to my MOH before her speech because she was very very nervous to talk in front of people. She said that he really made her feel more at ease, and her speech went perfectly. :-) All in all, everyone loved them, and they went above and beyond to meet all of our requests and make sure everything ran smoothly.

WE LOVE DJ MASHANE!

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Jessica L

And Paul!! They were fantastic and so laid back. We had so much fun, and it wouldn't have been the same without them!!