Doug Miranda Photography

Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno, Napa,

Amazing timeless wedding photography

Doug Miranda Photography produces timeless wedding photography that will leave you speechless.With a B.A. in professional photography from the renowned Brooks Institute of Photography, his technical skills and composition will give you the sense of relief that you hired the right photographer.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Destination Weddings

Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, South Lake Tahoe, Yosemite CA, Sacramento, CA Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno, Napa, (916) 422-2256

Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

Doug did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Both turned out amazing!!! I can't even describe how great they turned out! We had some crazy wind during our engagement session but Doug was still able to get some great shots. Doug and his wife did our wedding... Read More and they were so fun and relaxed. We were both nervous but they put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. And the pictures turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined!! He got them to us very quick and he was so easy to communicate with and very responsive.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Nina A

This review is long overdue. Doug Miranda and his assistant were absolutely fantastic! While planning our wedding I knew that finding a professional photographer was my number one priority. While searching for photographers on the Knot I came across one of Doug's photo albums... Read More and knew he was the one to hire. Since I have a photography background myself I was quite picky with the types of photos I wanted, but this was no challenge for Doug. We met in October in Grass Valley, CA for our engagement shoot. Doug was very personable and guided us through his process and made us feel very comfortably being in front of the camera. He was very open to suggestions and put his artistic spin on different angles and shots. Having the engagement session was great to get to know each other and made the wedding day so much more relaxed. We got married at Zephyr Cove, NV in the afternoon/evening. The photos came out beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more. My husband and I both highly recommend choosing Doug to capturing your most memorable day.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kath B

We came across one of Doug's photo albums while searching for our wedding venue in South Lake Tahoe, his photos spoke for themselves so we got in touch. Doug was easy to work with through the whole process. We took our engagement photos and had him and an assistant shoot our... Read More wedding and are thrilled with how all the photos turned out. Doug is equal parts professional and personable, he made it easier for us to be ourselves in front of the camera. We had a late ceremony that required we take our photos before, including first looks. It wasn't our ideal timeline and we greatly appreciated that Doug hiked into the woods with us to get the shots we wanted. Doug insisted that we take a few more shots after the ceremony (right around sunset) on the lake near our reception venue. My husband and I both thought that taking photos at sunset by the lake, while beautiful would be a little 'much' for us. But we played along and didn't put up a fuss because we respected that Doug's a professional. And as expected, by anyone reading along, the photos are incredible and the ones we treasure the most from that day. Thank you Doug for all the hard work you put in to capture the day for us, and for being right about the sunset photos :)

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Jennifer C

Doug is awesome!! We hired Doug to photograph our wedding in Lake Tahoe (May 2017). Being from out of town, we didn't know where to start. I happened upon his name on one of the wedding websites, read the reviews and pulled the trigger. It was a great decision! Doug is a... Read More fantastic photographer! Not to mention, very friendly and professional person. His response time to e-mails and inquiries were always quick, which is a godsend when you're juggling a million tasks. We hired him for the 10 hour package (included engagement photos a few months before) and he did not disappoint! Doug has a good photographic eye. He also knows all the wedding venues (and surrounding areas) around this region of California/Nevada and knows locales to snap great photographs. On the day of our wedding Doug was on point. He captured the ambiance of our wedding expertly. Although he took many photos, he wasn't intrusive - he blended in. Any time we wanted a particular photo during the reception, we waved him over and he was there in an instant. Doug took photos that embodied our wedding perfectly. At over 1000 photographs, we could print ALL of them. We love all them. It helps us relive this amazing day again and again...which is the point of wedding photographs;) Hire Doug Miranda as your wedding photographer and you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Megan G

Words cannot describe how amazing, professional, helpful and friendly Doug is! We used Doug for both our engagement photos and for our wedding day! His communication is amazing! Very responsive and always answered all of my questions…no matter how random or obvious that they... Read More were. My husband and I were very nervous because we are both more introverted and awkward when it comes to being the center of attention. But Doug gave us great instruction when we needed it when posing and it felt so easy and natural to be around him. He is so talented and we could see while he’s working how committed he is as well as how much he enjoys it :) You know you have a GREAT photographer when he’s on the ground and trucking through waist high grass to get that perfect shot or smiling as he looks at the picture he just took on the camera. Not only was Doug amazing, but his assistant, Emily was just as hard working and friendly on our wedding day. She captured amazing shots as well and was working right alongside Doug the whole day. When looking through our wedding pictures, I definitely feel as though Doug caught our love in moments that day and they make my heart happy :) If I have any other photography needs, I would book Doug again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 John D

Doug and his wife were amazing!!! They took photos of everything and captured some truly special moments for us. My wife and I couldn't be happier with their work! They are wonderful people and they cater to whatever you want them to do. They came all the way from Sacramento to... Read More Lake Tahoe for our wedding in the middle of winter. We are so glad that we chose them for our photos! Thank you guys for everything--our photos are incredible!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Sean F

Doug is an amazing photographer and was a joy to work with. Our wedding was outdoors in October, and, lucky us, it poured rain! For Doug it was no problem. He got us out to take photos before the downpour, and managed to get beautiful photos even with all of the water. He... Read More was especially good at capturing *that moment*--you know the one that you'll treasure forever. He also really knew how to work with the setting to create the most amazing and dramatic photos. What else can I say?! If you need the best, get Doug!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Dave O

Doug did a fantastic job shooting both our wedding and our engagement shoot. He was incredibly easy to work with, responsive, responsible, and handled last minute changes (as there always are at weddings) with aplomb. We were more than thrilled with the results - all our... Read More families and friends couldn't believe how professional all the photos looked. I'd highly recommend Doug to all my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Christi Y

We love Doug! We found him on The Knot after doing tons of research on photographers, we knew he would be the best fit! Working with him was so easy, especially since we planned our Lake Tahoe wedding from New York City. Doug was able to fit us in for engagement photos in less... Read More than a week, and even drove over an hour to make our snowy photos a reality! On our wedding day, we got him- and his wife- for the price of one photographer. My husband and I are awkward people, but with the consistent direction and ideas from Doug our photos look incredible. There's a reason he's a favorite on the Knot! We would choose Doug again and again!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Nicole A

My husband and I had a hard time finding a photographer the first couple weeks after picking our venue. we searched high and low on the internet, turned to friends and family for recommendations, and turned to social media but every photographer we chose were either too... Read More expensive or not available. One day my mom emailed me Doug's website and said she thinks she found a great photographer. I clicked on the link and I was in awe of his portfolio and knew I had to email him right away. Doug quickly responded that he was available and gave me his price breakdown. He was very upfront about everything right away in his contract. I appreciated his quick response and it only took 5 seconds for me to respond with an absolute yes. Looking at his portfolio, his work truly speaks for itself. Fast forward to a few months after we booked, we set up an engagement shoot and met Doug in person. He was so nice, humble, understanding and easy to work with. He made our engagement shoot so comfortable and so natural (its quite unnatural to do lovey dove poses in front of someone you hardly know). We appreciated his tips and his ability to guide us on how to pose for shots, all while being professional. I loved how I would shoot ideas at him, and he would run with it. Our photos were absolutely stunning. Our friends and family raved about them. Our wedding day was no different. Doug and his wife, Christine were an absolute pleasure to work with. A few weeks before, Doug and I had put together a timeline and spoke over the phone of exactly what pictures we had wanted done the day of (getting ready, first look, ceremony, formal family portraits, candid, reception, dancing, etc). He even went to our venue the morning of our wedding to scope out potential first look locations before his time started. Doug and his wife went with the flow on every delay that occurred and any challenges that may have come up. During our ceremony, we didn't even notice either of them taking photos or throughout the night for that matter. We were so pleased and happy with the photos when we received them in his incredible 3 week turn around. He truly captured every highlight of our special day (all while not even noticing them). Another thing we loved and a huge reason we went with Doug was his impressive eye for composition, lighting, and overall detail and his knowledge of photography. While searching for a photographer, we noticed many of them overly photoshopped their photos to make them have the wow factor, but Doug is so talented that the photos he took were breathtaking in their raw form. Our photos were beautiful. I would absolutely recommend Doug to be your photographer for any special occasion - he truly is amazing !

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Leslie N

We were married about a year ago in Lake Tahoe. I was just going through the photos again this weekend and was reminded of how great Doug was. The pictures are gorgeous!!! He was truly able to capture every part of our day. Doug is great to work with! He was responsive, prompt... Read More and very easy going. He made our pictures effortless.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Natalie S

I recently was married at Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe. It was a destination wedding and I had never been there before so I was a bit nervous not knowing the location. From the minute I first spoke with Doug, I knew it was all going to go well. He shuffled his schedule around and... Read More was able to photograph our wedding . He had been to the site before and was able to describe the location and knew what shots to get. The photos were amazing. He was able to capture all the love and happiness of our day. All of our family and friends comment on the emotions you can feel when you look at our pictures. Doug was very prompt with communications prior to the wedding with emails and phone calls, flexible, friendly and showed up right on time. He worked with our families well to get the family portraits and I got multiple comments on how nice our photographer is throughout our wedding day. He was always calm and patient. He was a pleasure to have at our wedding. I would not change a thing about our wedding day including our photographer, Doug Miranda. I would highly recommend him for any family member, friend or acquaintance's wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Miriam L

9 reviews 5.0 star rating 8/28/2016 Our daughter and new husband hired Doug to cover their recent wedding up in Strawberry, Ca. His ability to capture not only the moments, but also the emotions and nuances of the entire day and evening makes the day come alive again and again... Read More as we look through the pictures. His use of light and his expertise of weaving the natural surroundings into the photos captures the essence of the festivities, from the preparations to the last dance, all was captured masterfully.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Miriam L

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

Doug and his wife Christine were wonderful to work with. We booked their 7-hour wedding package, and it was the perfect amount of time; they were able to capture me getting ready with my family, my now-husband, Louis, with his friends, sentimental moments throughout the day,... Read More ample family photos, hilarious dancing shots, and, of course, all the special little details: the dress, the shoes, the table settings, the bouquet, the boutonnieres. Louis and I were admittedly nervous about getting our photos taken, so we opted to have Doug take our engagement photos in large part to loosen us up ahead of the big day. Doug was so friendly and easy to work with; he set us at ease and told us exactly what to do to capture some great shots. As others have written in their reviews, Doug is prompt and reliable. He answers emails quickly (a must!), shows up on time, and is flexible when things don't go according to plan. And let's face it: when it comes to weddings, things never quite go according to plan! Long story short, I highly recommend using Doug for your wedding photography.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Katie K

Where do I begin......working with Doug Miranda and his wife was such a fun and memorable experience. My husband and I could not have picked a better person/team to capture one of the most special days in both of our lives. Not only is Doug a great photographer but such an easy... Read More person to work with. He is very prompt with emails and phone calls and turns around all photos in a timely fashion. If you are thinking about choosing Doug, do not look any further.....he is one of the best photographers I have ever met. He will make your wedding pictures look amazing. We cannot thank Doug enough for all of the amazing photos that we have capturing not only our Wedding Day but our Engagement Photos as well as entire family Christmas Photos. Thanks so much Doug! Derek & Katie West

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Andrea E

GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER-we used Doug to capture our wedding/engagement photos. He was a pleasure to work with. We took our engagement photos at UC Davis Arboretum and they came out really nice. Our wedding photos were tricky because we didn't think he would be able to find any good... Read More locations to take our group and family photos-we were wrong the angles and lighting he captured gave the photos a different feel. You can tell he has captured several weddings because he helped keep us on track and close to schedule. And we received our photos within 2 weeks! His work is really good, I plan on contacting him again for family photos. He is highly recommended.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Veronica M

We are SO please with our engagement and wedding pictures! Doug and his wife, Christine, were wonderful to work with - they kept the day on pace and never got frustrated with the craziness of family, etc. The pictures came back super fast, and they are beautiful! Doug was able... Read More to capture all our special moments as well as the uniqueness of our wedding. Additionally, Doug maintained excellent communication before, during, and after the wedding. He worked around our schedules and was very patient with last minute changes. Thank you, Doug!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Veronica M

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Candice H

Doug was our photographer for our June wedding at the Chateau at Incline Village. The event was beautiful and went off without a hitch, in large part because of professionalism and expertise of all of our wedding vendors. Working with Doug Miranda was awesome; he was very... Read More accommodating and responsive to our e-mails and phone calls, which was important to us as this was a destination wedding. We recently received our wedding photos and could not be happier. Every detail was photographed and the pictures are beautiful. The collection of photos provide a wonderful timeline of the day and I can't help but smile each time I look at them. Our family and friends all commented on the beauty of the wedding and the fun memories they shared with us that day, and now we have wonderful pictures to go along with these amazing memories. I would highly recommend Doug to anyone looking for a photographer in the Lake Tahoe area!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Nora Z

Doug is awesome and amazing! He's so easy to work with. He's flexible with schedule, style of photos, location of engagement shooting. Doug gave us suggestions when we asked. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls. During the wedding reception and ceremony, my... Read More wife and I didn't notice him at all which is ideal. We just loved working with him. And the photos turned out beautiful and delivered by the time promised. Just call him already.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Jin Sun C

Doug was so great!! He was quick to respond to emails and kept in touch throughout the whole process. He was really easy to get along with and was available for any questions/concerns we had leading up to the wedding. He was really patient on the day of our wedding, especially... Read More with our big wedding party, and gave good directions. He was aware of the fine details (ie. switching bridesmaids’ places based on how their hair fell, hair in the bridesmaids’ face, getting a groomsman to button his jacket, etc). We received compliments from our friends and family about Doug and our stunning pictures (which he got to us so quickly!) We would definitely recommend Doug to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016

Hiring Doug to capture our wedding was the best decision we made! We was amazing to work with through the entire process, always got back to us promptly, extremely friendly and helpful. He showed up early, left late, and made sure he got every picture we wanted. We have had many... Read More comments from our guests about what a friendly and great guy he was. When we received the pictures I was speechless, they were absolutely stunning. We were married on Lake Tahoe, my main request was that he capture the beautiful background in many of the photos. His photos surpassed anything I was expecting. I have had nothing but great feedback from family and friends that have sen them, everyone agrees that they are breathtaking. I also love all the candid photos on the dance floor and interactions. Again, we are so happy with our decision to hire Doug. I will, and have, suggested him to anyone in our life in need of a great photographer!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Kirsten S

If you want the best photographs to remember your special day, Doug is the photographer for you. He did our engagement photos, as well as, our wedding (this past September at Zephyr Cove). The photos turned out spectacular, we are so happy! He knew the venue perfectly, not... Read More excluding sunset for that area and the photos reflected that. I am definitely someone who is not comfortable in front of the camera, but Doug's expertise, professionalism and laid back nature took that all away. We just could not be happier with his services. He took so much stress out of the day. His responses were always prompt and helpful. We cannot recommend him enough! Thank you Doug for your creative work and creating great memories for Greg and I! Stay tuned for the maternity photos call because that is up next and we are coming your way!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Aris A

I don't even know where to start with how amazing Doug Miranda is at Photography! He took amazing photos of our wedding two weeks ago and we couldn't be happier. The engagement photo shoot was amazing, we got to pick our location, Doug was on time, and did an amazing job. He... Read More had an assistant with him at our wedding, we had them both for 10 hours, and they took photos of every moment we could have asked for. He was very professional throughout the 11 months we got to know him and we wouldn't want anyone else to photograph our family! We got ALL of our engagement photo and wedding photos just 1 week after the wedding! Talk about fast!