Doug Miranda Photography

Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno, Napa,

Amazing timeless wedding photography

Doug Miranda Photography produces timeless wedding photography that will leave you speechless.With a B.A. in professional photography from the renowned Brooks Institute of Photography, his technical skills and composition will give you the sense of relief that you hired the right photographer.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Destination Weddings

Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, South Lake Tahoe, Yosemite CA, Sacramento, CA Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Reno, Napa, (916) 422-2256

Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

Doug did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Both turned out amazing!!! I can't even describe how great they turned out! We had some crazy wind during our engagement session but Doug was still able to get some great shots. Doug and his wife did our wedding... Read More and they were so fun and relaxed. We were both nervous but they put us at ease and made us feel comfortable. And the pictures turned out so much better than I could have ever imagined!! He got them to us very quick and he was so easy to communicate with and very responsive.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Mimmie K

We first met Doug at one of my cousins' weddings. He was energetic, hard-working, and, most importantly, incredibly patient with my large and demanding family. We met him the second time at another cousin's wedding. Again, he was an absolute gem. When it came time for my own... Read More engagement/wedding, I immediately thought of Doug. When queried, my cousins gave only the highest praise to their photographer (and another cousin who had elected to hired a different photographer expressed his regrets not having Doug photograph his big day). And looking through their photos, I was amazed how well he captured the two very different couples and allowed their personalities to shine in their photographs. I was sold. Luckily, Doug was available for my wedding day (and, surprisingly, amenable to yet another evening corralling my family). From the beginning, Doug made us comfortable. He seemed to genuinely want to get to know us, what our visions for our wedding was, and how to best bring out the uniqueness of our relationship in our photos. He was extremely flexible, working with me to schedule (and reschedule numerous times) our engagement shoot (which had been derailed by weather) and dealt with our changing location requests (first Tahoe for fall colors, then Donner for snow capped peaks). When it came time to our engagement shoot, Doug was an absolute joy to work with. My (now) husband and I are not picture people and we've never been too keen on PDA. Doug made us feel comfortable, gave us pointers on how to pose/what to do, and made us laugh while doing it. And I still cannot believe how incredibly gorgeous the photos came out. There was no bad angle, no poor lighting, no crazy wind chill that could keep Doug from taking a perfect picture. Leading up to the wedding, Doug worked with me to develop a good timeline to make sure I had all the photos I wanted (again, vital with such a large family). I knew I was in good hands and it was nice to have one less thing to worry about leading up to the big day. My wedding day was an incredibly beautiful, fun, and tear- and laughter-filled blur. And despite it being 104F (and an all-outdoor wedding!), Doug was an absolute professional. He was always energetic, constantly moving, changing camera lenses, trying different settings to really capture every aspect of our day. I recieved numerous compliments from my guests about how friendly Doug and his wife (his second shooter) were and many commented on how hard he worked. When we received our photos from Doug 1 month later, they were nothing short of perfection. The colors, the soft lighting, the emotions he captured, it was absolutely breathtaking. I am so, so, so glad we had Doug as our photographer for our big day and I would absolutely recommend his services in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Geneva G

My husband and I are so happy we hired Doug to photograph our wedding! We got married just over a month ago now in Lake Tahoe- Zephyr Cove. From our engagement shoot to the big day, Doug was on point. He was very familiar with our venue and knew the best spots to capture the... Read More scenery. He took a lot of photos throughout the event (we went with the 7 hour package) and blended in really well. We received our photos in good time and we LOVE them. Can't wait to get started on an album. Go with Doug Miranda, you will be happy you did!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Julie Y

When it comes to planning I'm such a procrastinator. I didn't start looking for an engagement and wedding photographer until March/April of this year and our wedding was coming up in August! I messaged Doug and got a response from him right away. I was happy to find out that he... Read More was available for our wedding date! The package we purchased also included an engagement session as well so that was a big plus. Doug was always quick to respond to my emails, very friendly and professional. We took our engagement photos in Old Sac and UCD Arboretum. He did such a great job in coaching us on what to do because we had no idea on how to pose. When we received the photos back I could not believe how many great shots there were. I couldn't choose just a few to post to show our family and friends! :D Before our wedding Doug called us to go over timeline and what types of photos we wanted which made the day of the wedding go by so much more smoothly. He also went to our wedding venue before the day to scope the area for ideas for our wedding day shoot! On the day of our wedding Doug was accompanied by his assistant who is also his wonderful sweet wife Christine! Doug made sure to keep us on track and took plenty of photos. They were non stop taking photos and I knew I would not be disappointed! I vaguely remember Doug telling me that the wedding photos should get back to me between 6-8 weeks but I got them in less than 1 month! Once again he exceeded our expectations! Both my husband and I are so thankful for Doug and his amazing work. I can't stop looking at our photos! We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Valeria Z

I couldn't be happier with my wedding pictures. He did such an amazing job from start to finish. From his response time to making sure he got all the little details I wanted that day. He also made sure to make me feel at ease with the day of. Even though it felt like we had no... Read More time! He made sure to keep us on time to ensure we got all of our shots for the day. I would definitely recommend him to all my future bride friends.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Colleen T

Very professional and excellent service. I found Doug while scrolling on Google for wedding pics at lake Tahoe. I knew I immediately wanted to hire him. I was not disappointed. The pictures turned out amazing!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Nadia M

I highly, highly recommend Doug Miranda as a photographer for your wedding. He is clearly a professional and knows what he is doing. Every communication with him was clear and the speed at which he responds is amazing. From our initial contact, he was quick to answer questions.... Read More As a part of our package, we had engagement photos, which came out beautifully. We live in the Bay Area and we wanted snowy winter photos. Doug helped us decide which of the winter months would be the best in terms of photos, he also recommend that we go to Camp Richardson for our photos because it is a good mix of woods, mountains, and lake views. After we received those photos, I was confident that we made the right decision. As our wedding approached, Doug got back in touch with is to discuss logistics. We choose to hire a DOC and the communication between them was seamless which was a weight off of me. On the day of the wedding, Doug and his wife Christina took so many pictures it was amazing. They were clearly at our wedding because we have the photos but they were so unobtrusive that my husband and our guests as well as myself didn’t notice that they were they. The photos he took showed the emotion and love that was present throughout our day and for that I am so grateful. The day went by so fast and looking at the photos helped me remember parts that I had forgotten. We got our photos back very quickly in comparison to other people that I know who have been recently married. As an added bonus he created a YouTube video of some of our photos. As I watched it, I became overwhelmed with emotion because it took me back to that day. Now comes the hard part choosing just 90 photos from the 1,000+ that we received from high. Again, I highly recommend Doug!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Nina A

This review is long overdue. Doug Miranda and his assistant were absolutely fantastic! While planning our wedding I knew that finding a professional photographer was my number one priority. While searching for photographers on the Knot I came across one of Doug's photo albums... Read More and knew he was the one to hire. Since I have a photography background myself I was quite picky with the types of photos I wanted, but this was no challenge for Doug. We met in October in Grass Valley, CA for our engagement shoot. Doug was very personable and guided us through his process and made us feel very comfortably being in front of the camera. He was very open to suggestions and put his artistic spin on different angles and shots. Having the engagement session was great to get to know each other and made the wedding day so much more relaxed. We got married at Zephyr Cove, NV in the afternoon/evening. The photos came out beautiful. We couldn't have asked for more. My husband and I both highly recommend choosing Doug to capturing your most memorable day.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kath B

We came across one of Doug's photo albums while searching for our wedding venue in South Lake Tahoe, his photos spoke for themselves so we got in touch. Doug was easy to work with through the whole process. We took our engagement photos and had him and an assistant shoot our... Read More wedding and are thrilled with how all the photos turned out. Doug is equal parts professional and personable, he made it easier for us to be ourselves in front of the camera. We had a late ceremony that required we take our photos before, including first looks. It wasn't our ideal timeline and we greatly appreciated that Doug hiked into the woods with us to get the shots we wanted. Doug insisted that we take a few more shots after the ceremony (right around sunset) on the lake near our reception venue. My husband and I both thought that taking photos at sunset by the lake, while beautiful would be a little 'much' for us. But we played along and didn't put up a fuss because we respected that Doug's a professional. And as expected, by anyone reading along, the photos are incredible and the ones we treasure the most from that day. Thank you Doug for all the hard work you put in to capture the day for us, and for being right about the sunset photos :)

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Jennifer C

Doug is awesome!! We hired Doug to photograph our wedding in Lake Tahoe (May 2017). Being from out of town, we didn't know where to start. I happened upon his name on one of the wedding websites, read the reviews and pulled the trigger. It was a great decision! Doug is a... Read More fantastic photographer! Not to mention, very friendly and professional person. His response time to e-mails and inquiries were always quick, which is a godsend when you're juggling a million tasks. We hired him for the 10 hour package (included engagement photos a few months before) and he did not disappoint! Doug has a good photographic eye. He also knows all the wedding venues (and surrounding areas) around this region of California/Nevada and knows locales to snap great photographs. On the day of our wedding Doug was on point. He captured the ambiance of our wedding expertly. Although he took many photos, he wasn't intrusive - he blended in. Any time we wanted a particular photo during the reception, we waved him over and he was there in an instant. Doug took photos that embodied our wedding perfectly. At over 1000 photographs, we could print ALL of them. We love all them. It helps us relive this amazing day again and again...which is the point of wedding photographs;) Hire Doug Miranda as your wedding photographer and you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Megan G

Words cannot describe how amazing, professional, helpful and friendly Doug is! We used Doug for both our engagement photos and for our wedding day! His communication is amazing! Very responsive and always answered all of my questions…no matter how random or obvious that they... Read More were. My husband and I were very nervous because we are both more introverted and awkward when it comes to being the center of attention. But Doug gave us great instruction when we needed it when posing and it felt so easy and natural to be around him. He is so talented and we could see while he’s working how committed he is as well as how much he enjoys it :) You know you have a GREAT photographer when he’s on the ground and trucking through waist high grass to get that perfect shot or smiling as he looks at the picture he just took on the camera. Not only was Doug amazing, but his assistant, Emily was just as hard working and friendly on our wedding day. She captured amazing shots as well and was working right alongside Doug the whole day. When looking through our wedding pictures, I definitely feel as though Doug caught our love in moments that day and they make my heart happy :) If I have any other photography needs, I would book Doug again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 John D

Doug and his wife were amazing!!! They took photos of everything and captured some truly special moments for us. My wife and I couldn't be happier with their work! They are wonderful people and they cater to whatever you want them to do. They came all the way from Sacramento to... Read More Lake Tahoe for our wedding in the middle of winter. We are so glad that we chose them for our photos! Thank you guys for everything--our photos are incredible!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Sean F

Doug is an amazing photographer and was a joy to work with. Our wedding was outdoors in October, and, lucky us, it poured rain! For Doug it was no problem. He got us out to take photos before the downpour, and managed to get beautiful photos even with all of the water. He... Read More was especially good at capturing *that moment*--you know the one that you'll treasure forever. He also really knew how to work with the setting to create the most amazing and dramatic photos. What else can I say?! If you need the best, get Doug!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Dave O

Doug did a fantastic job shooting both our wedding and our engagement shoot. He was incredibly easy to work with, responsive, responsible, and handled last minute changes (as there always are at weddings) with aplomb. We were more than thrilled with the results - all our... Read More families and friends couldn't believe how professional all the photos looked. I'd highly recommend Doug to all my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Christi Y

We love Doug! We found him on The Knot after doing tons of research on photographers, we knew he would be the best fit! Working with him was so easy, especially since we planned our Lake Tahoe wedding from New York City. Doug was able to fit us in for engagement photos in less... Read More than a week, and even drove over an hour to make our snowy photos a reality! On our wedding day, we got him- and his wife- for the price of one photographer. My husband and I are awkward people, but with the consistent direction and ideas from Doug our photos look incredible. There's a reason he's a favorite on the Knot! We would choose Doug again and again!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Nicole A

My husband and I had a hard time finding a photographer the first couple weeks after picking our venue. we searched high and low on the internet, turned to friends and family for recommendations, and turned to social media but every photographer we chose were either too... Read More expensive or not available. One day my mom emailed me Doug's website and said she thinks she found a great photographer. I clicked on the link and I was in awe of his portfolio and knew I had to email him right away. Doug quickly responded that he was available and gave me his price breakdown. He was very upfront about everything right away in his contract. I appreciated his quick response and it only took 5 seconds for me to respond with an absolute yes. Looking at his portfolio, his work truly speaks for itself. Fast forward to a few months after we booked, we set up an engagement shoot and met Doug in person. He was so nice, humble, understanding and easy to work with. He made our engagement shoot so comfortable and so natural (its quite unnatural to do lovey dove poses in front of someone you hardly know). We appreciated his tips and his ability to guide us on how to pose for shots, all while being professional. I loved how I would shoot ideas at him, and he would run with it. Our photos were absolutely stunning. Our friends and family raved about them. Our wedding day was no different. Doug and his wife, Christine were an absolute pleasure to work with. A few weeks before, Doug and I had put together a timeline and spoke over the phone of exactly what pictures we had wanted done the day of (getting ready, first look, ceremony, formal family portraits, candid, reception, dancing, etc). He even went to our venue the morning of our wedding to scope out potential first look locations before his time started. Doug and his wife went with the flow on every delay that occurred and any challenges that may have come up. During our ceremony, we didn't even notice either of them taking photos or throughout the night for that matter. We were so pleased and happy with the photos when we received them in his incredible 3 week turn around. He truly captured every highlight of our special day (all while not even noticing them). Another thing we loved and a huge reason we went with Doug was his impressive eye for composition, lighting, and overall detail and his knowledge of photography. While searching for a photographer, we noticed many of them overly photoshopped their photos to make them have the wow factor, but Doug is so talented that the photos he took were breathtaking in their raw form. Our photos were beautiful. I would absolutely recommend Doug to be your photographer for any special occasion - he truly is amazing !

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Leslie N

We were married about a year ago in Lake Tahoe. I was just going through the photos again this weekend and was reminded of how great Doug was. The pictures are gorgeous!!! He was truly able to capture every part of our day. Doug is great to work with! He was responsive, prompt... Read More and very easy going. He made our pictures effortless.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Natalie S

I recently was married at Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe. It was a destination wedding and I had never been there before so I was a bit nervous not knowing the location. From the minute I first spoke with Doug, I knew it was all going to go well. He shuffled his schedule around and... Read More was able to photograph our wedding . He had been to the site before and was able to describe the location and knew what shots to get. The photos were amazing. He was able to capture all the love and happiness of our day. All of our family and friends comment on the emotions you can feel when you look at our pictures. Doug was very prompt with communications prior to the wedding with emails and phone calls, flexible, friendly and showed up right on time. He worked with our families well to get the family portraits and I got multiple comments on how nice our photographer is throughout our wedding day. He was always calm and patient. He was a pleasure to have at our wedding. I would not change a thing about our wedding day including our photographer, Doug Miranda. I would highly recommend him for any family member, friend or acquaintance's wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Miriam L

9 reviews 5.0 star rating 8/28/2016 Our daughter and new husband hired Doug to cover their recent wedding up in Strawberry, Ca. His ability to capture not only the moments, but also the emotions and nuances of the entire day and evening makes the day come alive again and again... Read More as we look through the pictures. His use of light and his expertise of weaving the natural surroundings into the photos captures the essence of the festivities, from the preparations to the last dance, all was captured masterfully.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Miriam L

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

Doug and his wife Christine were wonderful to work with. We booked their 7-hour wedding package, and it was the perfect amount of time; they were able to capture me getting ready with my family, my now-husband, Louis, with his friends, sentimental moments throughout the day,... Read More ample family photos, hilarious dancing shots, and, of course, all the special little details: the dress, the shoes, the table settings, the bouquet, the boutonnieres. Louis and I were admittedly nervous about getting our photos taken, so we opted to have Doug take our engagement photos in large part to loosen us up ahead of the big day. Doug was so friendly and easy to work with; he set us at ease and told us exactly what to do to capture some great shots. As others have written in their reviews, Doug is prompt and reliable. He answers emails quickly (a must!), shows up on time, and is flexible when things don't go according to plan. And let's face it: when it comes to weddings, things never quite go according to plan! Long story short, I highly recommend using Doug for your wedding photography.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Katie K

Where do I begin......working with Doug Miranda and his wife was such a fun and memorable experience. My husband and I could not have picked a better person/team to capture one of the most special days in both of our lives. Not only is Doug a great photographer but such an easy... Read More person to work with. He is very prompt with emails and phone calls and turns around all photos in a timely fashion. If you are thinking about choosing Doug, do not look any further.....he is one of the best photographers I have ever met. He will make your wedding pictures look amazing. We cannot thank Doug enough for all of the amazing photos that we have capturing not only our Wedding Day but our Engagement Photos as well as entire family Christmas Photos. Thanks so much Doug! Derek & Katie West

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Andrea E

GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER-we used Doug to capture our wedding/engagement photos. He was a pleasure to work with. We took our engagement photos at UC Davis Arboretum and they came out really nice. Our wedding photos were tricky because we didn't think he would be able to find any good... Read More locations to take our group and family photos-we were wrong the angles and lighting he captured gave the photos a different feel. You can tell he has captured several weddings because he helped keep us on track and close to schedule. And we received our photos within 2 weeks! His work is really good, I plan on contacting him again for family photos. He is highly recommended.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Veronica M

We are SO please with our engagement and wedding pictures! Doug and his wife, Christine, were wonderful to work with - they kept the day on pace and never got frustrated with the craziness of family, etc. The pictures came back super fast, and they are beautiful! Doug was able... Read More to capture all our special moments as well as the uniqueness of our wedding. Additionally, Doug maintained excellent communication before, during, and after the wedding. He worked around our schedules and was very patient with last minute changes. Thank you, Doug!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Veronica M