Eastside Exchange Ballroom & Cascade Rooftop

PORTLAND, OR

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Eastside Exchange Ballroom & Cascade Rooftop

A BALLROOM IN PORTLAND, OR

The Exchange Ballroom in Portland oregon, prides itself on being a highly adaptable space that easily transforms into anything a couple needs for their wedding day. Its location near the east end of the landmark Burnside Bridge provides a glittering backdrop of the Portland skyline from their cascade rooftop. The Exchange Ballroom forgoes columns, creating a 6,200-square-foot space that opens up a world of possibilities.

This renovated historical landmark combines a neutral, modern ambience with warm wood and glass accents that accommodate a number of different wedding themes. It has a seating capacity of 225 people for a ceremony and seated reception and 250 people for a seated reception only. The 2,200-square-foot cascade rooftop space provides a bird’s eye view of downtown Portland and has a capacity of 135 people for a seated ceremony or cocktail reception.

The venue exclusively caters with VT Group, a parent company with three different catering companies from which you can choose: Food in Bloom, Vibrant Table Catering and F&B Cafe & Catering. Each one of the catering choices offers unique cuisine profiles and will work with you to create a menu to suit both your taste and your budget as well as relieve one of the more stressful aspects of planning your wedding day.

Renting the Exchange Ballroom includes 300 Chiavari black chairs, (30) 60-inch round tables and a variety of 6-foot to 8-foot tables and stand-up tables. In addition, the Exchange Ballroom has a built-in sound booth, A/V capabilities, tailored lighting packages and Wi-Fi capabilities. The cascade rooftop provides built-in bench seating around the perimeter with florescent lighting underneath; other tables and chairs are available for rent in that space for an additional fee.

For an additional fee, you may rent the 190-foot charging station to turn into your personal bridal suite, which includes a mirror and dress hooks. The Exchange Ballroom and cascade rooftop rental periods are for 12 hours of your choosing. The charging station weekend hours are to be determined; contact the venue for further details. To schedule a wedding rehearsal, you must contact the facilities manager two to four weeks prior to the wedding date.

• Built-in grill on the cascade rooftop
  • Ballroom also includes French bistro seating
  • Has a bike parking room for up to 60 bikes
  • Standard cleaning included in rental
  • Building is silver LEED certified and listed on the historical register

Unique City Views

The NEW Eastside Exchange Ballroom & Cascade Rooftop offer stunning views, modern amenities, and parking with the planning support of an experienced event team. Ballroom Standing/ Seated Capacity: 500/400 Rooftop Standing/Seated Capacity: 140/80

Ballroom, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

123 NE 3rd Avenue, PORTLAND, OR (503) 334-8624

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Erin W

I highly recommend using Exchange Ballroom as a wedding venue! It is spacious and can easily accommodate 170 guests or more. There were spaces for us to get ready and have a moment of calm after our ceremony (before the reception). The staff are attentive, efficient, and... Read More professional, and they are great in general to work with. It is in a great location, directly across the river from downtown Portland, and the west-facing windows show off the city skyline unlike any other venue can.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Lauren B

We just got married at the Exchange Ballroom & Cascade Rooftop on May 20, 2017 and it was the perfect day! I have to thank the Eastside Exchange Staff as well as Vibrant Table catering for that because they made the whole process seamless. From many months of planning every... Read More little detail to coordinating the day of schedule, they were there to help us every step of the way. They were so pleasant and easygoing; I really trusted that they would take care of us and make sure that our special day went perfectly and they did not fail me! I cannot say enough positive things about these guys, they were fantastic to work with. In addition, the venue was a beautiful blank canvas that fit our wedding style perfectly. We had our ceremony on the rooftop at 5 o'clock on the most beautiful day! We are still getting compliments on the venue and the view because it was truly spectacular. I would recommend for anyone looking for a real "Portland" wedding!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

We held our Daughters wedding at the Exchange Ballroom and everything was wonderful. They went to great lengths to make it look so beautiful and to make the wedding so smooth, as a MOB i was stressed enough, so nice to see safe in their hands. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

I fell in love with the Eastside Exchange the moment I saw it online for the first time. After visiting Portland from the East Coast and checking this place out, I fell in love with it even more. This is the most beautiful, attractive, and modern place that fits my style. The... Read More Cascade Rooftop with it's breathtaking view of downtown Portland made my photos look stunning! Kyle Kornegay (the venue manager) was very patient with me and my gazillion questions, and very responsive to my needs and my requests. The entire VT Group team helped make my planning and wedding day beautiful and enjoyable! The Eastside Exchange Ballroom and Cascade Rooftop is the best place to celebrate your event at!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 karlee p

The Eastside Exchange will always be special to us because it was such a wonderful and perfect place to have our wedding on 2.27.2016. The space is beautiful! It's open floor plan, natural light, roof top with the city view makes it a great place to get married any time of the... Read More year! I was planning our wedding from the east coast and we had amazing help and support from Kyle Kornegay and Kathryn Sobotka! They worked with me and my parents to create the perfect day from beginning to end. We have the most beautiful photos on the roof top and we got so many compliments on how fun the venue was. Perfect for dancing, dinner, toasts. You name it, it is all encompassing! I will be forever thankful for everyone's help here on making our day so special! So many great memories at this amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Meredith B

We had the pleasure of getting married at this incredible venue in Portland in September 2015. After seeing it during construction, I knew we had to book it! It had everything we wanted: an urban feel, blank slate for decor, and a breathtaking rooftop view large enough for our... Read More wedding (which is hard to find in Portland!). After meeting with Kurt from Vibrant Table, I automatically felt comfortable and knew we would be taken care of during this whole process. Their communication was great throughout the whole process, and we definitely felt like they wanted to make our day amazing as much as we did (and they succeeded!). They even allowed us to visit the rooftop a year before our wedding so that we could time the sunset perfectly for our post-ceremony cocktail hour. Being able to get ready on-site and use the entire space was so convenient, and it really made everything easier. The team was flexible with our vendors and worked well with our coordinator to ensure that my husband and I did not know of any hiccups that happened during the day. We knew before we booked that by our wedding date some of the view would be blocked due to the new construction happening around the site. I have to say, it did not affect the whole experience on the day of the wedding, it actually gave an even more authentic city-feel to the night! The views were still fabulous! After the wedding, we have had nonstop compliments about the venue, the food, the drinks, and the entire evening being such an enjoyable experience. Our two moments we remember the most: entering the beautiful ballroom to our friends and family cheering, and closing the place down with the late-night rooftop dance party! What an incredible night!

Beautiful !!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Hannah S

The exchange ballroom was the perfect place to hold my modern chic wedding ! It was elegant and different from any other wedding my friends have gone to. We had about 290 guests and I would recommend holding less guests there, but this is the only place in Portland that I could... Read More see my vision at! I was really impressed by the space and was able to make it my own !

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Liz F

We were married at sunset on the Cascade Rooftop on September 3, 2015. We had an amazing wedding in equal parts because of the spectacular venue space--that view is phenomenal--and because of our events team. I cannot speak highly enough about the people who handled every... Read More detail, made every considerate accommodation, proactively prepared for contingencies and helped us not only stay within our budget, we were even refunded a credit because we spent a bit less than expected. They blew us away. We fell in love with the stunning view of the city and imagined how magical it would be at sunset and how pretty the city lights at night would be. It was all that and more. Our guests loved taking photos with the Welcome to Portland sign in the background, the pink and orange sky over the West Hills and the glow of the buildings as we danced the night away. We loved the food! We did heavy appetizers passed around by servers --the truffle mac and cheese and bacon wrapped sweet potatoes were big hits. A note about the construction: it gives you the most fabulous industrial chic photos and frames the beautiful view. You feel like you're in an oasis.

Our Exchange Ballroom wedding was AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Amanda H

We held our ceremony and reception at the Exchange Ballroom, with cocktail hour in the lobby... and we are SO pleased with our decision. We actually signed up for the Exchange while construction was still ongoing, but after meeting with owner Kurt Beadell we had no doubts how... Read More great it was going to be. Our ceremony took place during sunset with the Portland skyline as the backdrop for our vows. (We cannot wait to see the photos!) Several guests told us it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended and everyone thought it was a great space. We also appreciated that they have so many tables, chairs, and bars on site and already available with the price of renting the space. Other similar appearing venues in Portland wanted to charge extra for each little thing, so we recommend that you ask about those "extras" from any potential venue. Bonus: the Eastside Exchange also has ample parking and they also do not charge extra to use the lot. Although we had our wedding in November, we completely lucked-out with a 63 degree sunny day. Due to the great weather, Kyle allowed us to rent the Cascade Rooftop at the last minute so that we could take pre-ceremony photos there. Speaking of Kyle, the venue manager, he was friendly and flexible throughout the planning process. For example, there were no subsequent events scheduled so we were allowed to pick up our remaining items from the venue on the Monday following our Saturday wedding. It was really great that neither my husband and I or our families had to worry about that immediately after the wedding, but obviously this won't always be possible. If you are looking for a modern indoor venue for your Portland wedding, you are not going to find a better spot than the Exchange!

STUNNING, but a Beautiful Bummer!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

We REALLY freaking loved this place. Seriously it had everything we were looking for. Every. Little. Thing. On. Our. List. Unfortunately, the venue's booking manager completely ditched us in the middle of our tour and we haven't heard a peep from them... No follow-up email...... Read More Nothing. On top of that, the two exclusive caterers they have both COMPLETELY dropped the ball on the communication front. Between trying for over a MONTH trying to just get an appointment with one caterer and sitting in the darkness for a month and a half waiting for the other to just give me an idea of how much the food will cost me, I'm pretty fed up and disappointed. I STILL don't even know how much venue rental costs. Thought this was going to be the venue for me, but I guess not. What a HUGE letdown.

2014-10-20T15:43:45 Response from the vendor

Knottie485915, We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Our team takes this review seriously, as we do all reviews. What is a good way to reach you directly? All the best, Kurt Beadell.