Simple elegance with local, organic ingredients.

$$$

Dietary Options

Organic

Cakes + Desserts

745 Pine Street, Santa Cruz, CA

The most beautiful and delicious wedding cake ever...and it was gluten-free!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Jennifer R

My husband and I got married on May 18, 2013, and Edith did our wedding cake. Both John and I are gluten-free and we were worried we wouldn't be able to find a good gluten-free wedding cake option. Boy, was that worry unfounded. Edith gave us several samples and we tried the chocolate first and both had to confirm that we were eating a gluten-free cake because it was so firm, moist and delicious. It was better than most regular cakes I have had. We are so happy we found her and our cake was beautiful and delicious and Edith was so sweet and easy to work with. Our guests loved it so much that several went back for seconds and thirds. Luckily our coordinator put a few slices aside for us so we could have more than just the bites we had at the cutting! It was so yummy and by far the best gluten-free option in the area!!

I am still dreaming about cake!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Carol G

When planning my wedding the cake was one of my "most important items" and I knew what I wanted. I wanted a main cake that was non-traditional. I also needed a side cake that was gluten-free. And at least one of these cakes needed to be vegan. Additionally, the cake had to be moist and taste amazing and be made of natural ingredients. I have heard too many complaints from friends who loved how cakes at weddings looked but did not love eating them. Edith's cakes are delicious! Our main wedding cake was shaped like a sand castle (which matched our oceanside venue) and was a cream cake with vanilla bean buttercream. The side cake was a vegan and gluten-free chocolate cake with a strawberry filling and a vanilla bean vegan buttercream frosting. Edith can tell you where she sources her products, including her own garden! When the cakes were sliced, everyone wanted to try both! Luckily our caterers sliced the cakes thin enough to match these requests (although we ended up with tons of left over cake - but everyone got to try both and still be satisfied!). Everyone who tried both cakes said they couldn't tell the second one was vegan and GF! That says a LOT about the quality! And our guests with dairy and gluten allergies could actually enjoy cake at a wedding. As I mentioned, we had a lot of leftover cake. So unlike other cake companies, Edith bakes with real servings in mind. My only regret was that we didn't have enough to-go boxes and most of the leftovers never made it home!!! Can I plan another event just so I can have some cake?

msMP

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Jennifer P

Our cake didn't turn out exactly as we wanted, but looked gorgeous. We never received a watercolor sketch of our cake design, as others stated they had and even mentions on the website. We asked for our cake to be red velvet with just the top being carrot cake, but ended up getting 1 layer of red velvet and 2 of carrot. Slight miscommunication. But Edith was very accomodating with our design changes, to meet our budget and guest count changes.

So Yummy

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Valerie T

Whipped cream cake with hazelnut buttercream Red velvet cake with chocolate buttercream Both with vanilla bean butter cream Sound delicious right? It was. EXTREMELY. If the wedding cake is a priority for you this is a sure bet. Beautiful and yummy.

Amazing wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Cindy R

My husband and I had the idea of making our wedding cake look like an old world (open) photo album with pictures of us. The cake looked so real and we had so many guests attempt to turn the page that we had to put up a sign that said it was cake! It was a big hit and all the guests loved it!

Yummy

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 Dana M

Edith was the first cake baker that didn't laugh in my face when I told her that I wanted a naked cake. Meaning now foundit/butter cream frosting on the outside of my cake. In fact she had already done one and that pretty much sealed the deal. Oh she also was the first cake baker that understood that my husband can't have any dairy products and she was willing to bake a special non-dairy cupcake for him for our big day. The cake was amazing and exactly what we wanted. We cared more about how the cake tasted then it being some big over the top looking cake. We choose an organic lemon pound cake with oholaa berry cream filling and it was amazing. Coming from a bride that ate only ate a bagel on her wedding day the cake was the best tasting thing I have ever had. Edith does an amazing job and from the time you meet and do your tasting to the time she delivers your cake she there for you and you will dream about your cake.

Beautiful and Scrumptious Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 7/20/2011 Karen l

Edith created a gorgeous four layer cake with fresh flower decoration for our wedding. We chose four different cake flavors: chocolate/hazelnut, coconut with fresh raspberries and lemon filling (my personal favorite!), carrot cake, and chocolate with decadent chocolate ganache. We had so many comments from our guests that the cakes were the best they had ever tasted at a wedding! The carrot cake and coconut cake were both especially flavorful and delicious. I'm trying to figure out another reason to order a cake from Edith for another celebratory event :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jennifer S

Made exactly what we wanted from fresh, organic ingredients - no restrictions.

Reviewed on 8/31/2007 Frances M

We ordered about 1.5 times the number of cupcakes as we had guests - we only had 4 left. They were amazing. And Edith's ability to incorporate our wedding design onto our cakes was impeccable.

Reviewed on 8/31/2007 Bambi S

I had a very particular idea in mind for my dream cake - I wanted the cake to be hand painted to mirror a floral painting done by my late great-grandmother. After a lot of searching, we found Edith Meyer. We loved that she uses mainly organic ingredients for her cake. And she was game for the challenge. The cake was incredibly beautiful and it seemed as if my great-grandmother had hand painted it herself. Very special. Edith was great to work with, artistic and bakes a delicious cake. I loved that she delivered and set up the cakes herself - great attention to detail. The cake flavors were so good we ended up having three smaller cakes.;The Santa Cruz location was a little bit of a stretch from the Bay Area, but entirely worth it!

TO Edith Meyer Wedding Cakes