Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Reception, Wedding

Planning

2841 W. Armitage Ave., Chicago, IL (773) 359-3106

Shannon rocks!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Melissa C

It was a great pleasure to work with Shannon and her assistant Kelly at our December wedding! We were initially on the fence about hiring a coordinator for our wedding, but it was the best decision we made. I don’t know what we would have done without them on the day of the... Read More wedding! Within a few months leading up to the wedding, Shannon started by creating a detailed timeline of the event, and included all of the small details of the day that I didn’t even consider. I was blown away over the attention to detail when I first read the 3 page timeline of the day. Then we had a few meetings where we walked through the day and nailed down all of the details of the set-up and vendor coordination. There were so many meetings and other necessary things to take care on the few weeks leading up to the wedding and it was a huge relief to have Shannon to take care of all of the major communications. She asked all of the necessary questions during the venue walk-through, and kept everything organized in her impressive 3 ring binder made especially for our wedding, where she kept all of the contracts, timelines, etc. She also took all of the decor items we bought or made the week before the wedding and made sure they were set up the exact way we imagined it on the actual day. Shannon was there to walk the wedding party through the rehearsal, which was a huge help since I would not have known what to do or tell our friends what to do. On the actual day of the wedding was when Shannon blew us all away. First, she was constantly communicating with and directing our vendors, which would have been a burden for me to have to do on the day of the wedding. But also it was like she was reading my mind the entire night. Whenever I had a question, or lost something, she was there resolving the situation. She and Kelly were also so friendly and fun to hang out with, that by the end of the night they became our friends. My friend even mentioned Shannon in her toast :) All in all, if you must hire Five Grain Events for your wedding, it is your best choice!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Alex B

Hiring Five Grain Events was the best wedding decision I made by far. I worked with Jennifer and she was amazing - so friendly, kind, responsive, and professional! I am an out-of-town bride, so I really needed help and Jennifer was there every step of the way. My entire wedding... Read More ran so smoothly I can hardly believe it. Everything truly seemed effortless and I know that is because of Jennifer and Five Grain Events. I am truly impressed by what I saw, and the fact is that she was probably doing a million things behind the scenes that I don't even know about. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Made the entire day go smooth

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Andrew M

Emily at Five Grain was our coordinator, and we could not have done it without her! She spent a lot of time working with us before the day, and made it so we didn't have to worry about a thing on a very busy day! Highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Meghan S

Wow! Truly a joy to work with Joan at Five Grain Events. She is ON IT. Organized and realistic in planning timelines, setup, and budget. She was incredibly timely in responding to questions. Her openness and honest approach helped us set expectations for our big day and ensured... Read More it went off without a hitch. On the day of, her team was so friendly and helpful not only to us but to our guests. Five Grain is a huge reason our day was so amazing. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 susan Z

We had Shannon from Five Grain as our planner. She was absolutely amazing. So kind, calm, organized. She made my life so much easier leading up to the wedding. Having her run the show day of also enabled my husband and I to just fully enjoy ourselves, be in the moment, and not... Read More worry! I got so many positive comments from my parents, family, and friends regarding Shannon being great and on top of things.

no worries

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Liz C

Joan is amazing - helpful, calming and always kept us on track... and reminded us that the wedding day is about the bride and groom joining their life together. They did a beautiful job and left us with out any worries.

Don't Get Married Without A Coordinator!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Maria B

I can't say enough positive things about Lauren at Five Grain Events. Not only was she easy to work with, but she made juggling dozens of balls in the air at one time look easy as pie. My parents have no idea how she was able to be so organized, manage so many things at once,... Read More and keep everyone on time and in line, but she did it! My one regret...not hiring her sooner. If I had any idea how much work and the literally hundreds of details a wedding was to not only plan but execute, I would have hired her before anyone else. Honestly, it should be illegal to get married without a coordinator - they are absolutely worth every penny. Because of Lauren, my parents and I were able to truly relax and enjoy our wedding instead of worring about all of the details because we completely trusted Lauren's abilities. When you think about it, after all of the work you go through to plan a wedding, don't you want to enjoy it when it arrives? If you don't have someone you trust managing the vendors and timing of every detail (and there are so many more than you know!), you'll end up managing the most important day of your life instead of experiencing and savoring it.

Best decision!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Kristen D

My husband and I hired Five Grain Events for their day-of wedding coordination services and it was the best decision!! First of all, let's be clear - do not be fooled by the description of 'day-of' coordination - because there is so much more that's involved!! My husband and I... Read More planned all the details for our wedding, and I thought that I would be able to handle all of the 'day of' stuff by just delegating to a few friends/family - boy was I wrong. As the day got closer, I realized just how much stuff goes on behind the scenes and I wanted to make sure that we were able to just enjoy our day. The first time we met with Joan I knew that she would be the perfect fit for us. She is extremely organized, very professional, fun to hang out with and she's assertive without being overbearing. I knew she would be the perfect personality to firmly but politely coordinate our vendors and guests. From the minute we hired her, Joan was in constant contact with us about ideas and making sure I was on target for all my deadlines. She met with us several times in person and really listened and took notes on how my husband and I wanted the details of our wedding to come together. Joan was fantastic at keeping all of my vendors in the loop with last minute changes and information and it was so much easier for me to have one contact instead of six! Our actual wedding went off without a hitch - it was honestly the best day of our lives and it went so smoothly. I didn't worry about a thing because I knew Joan was there to take care of it. Throughout the night Joan would find us to make sure we were okay and she stayed until the very end of our reception to help gather all of our gifts/guest book items and make sure they got home with one of our family members. Joan has a lot of contacts in the industry and any bride would be lucky to have Five Grain Events plan or coordinate their wedding!

Start a Conversation!