Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Reception, Wedding

Planning

2841 W. Armitage Ave., Chicago, IL (773) 359-3106

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kara M

Jennifer at Five Grain Events was our "day-of" wedding coordinator, but Jennifer started helping me and my family more than 2 months prior to the wedding date! Having a day of coordinator was something I really wanted, not only for myself but really for my parents to enjoy the... Read More entire day. When I expressed this to Jennifer in our initial Skype session, I could tell she not only completely understood this desire of mine but also went through all of the littlest details that she would take off of our plate to ensure this would happen. From that moment, I knew I had to work with Jennifer and she definitely lived up to everything she said during our initial chat!! As the bride and first to get married in my family, I can't express enough gratitude my family has thanks to Jennifer's amazing work and attention to every detail. Not only did she keep me on track with all of the planning beginning about 2 months prior to the wedding date, but she also made me feel extremely confident that I was not forgetting anything major or minor for the special day. She asked me questions at our initial meeting that I had not even thought about yet, and when I mentioned other details it was like she already was in my head and knew how I wanted things set up. Jennifer also made me feel like I was the only client she was attending to, and thanks to Jennifer and her assistant, my new husband, me and my parents who were hosting our wedding were able to enjoy the entire day and night without a single worry. We were all impressed with how professional and organized she was after our initial meeting. Especially having a Catholic ceremony, Jennifer knew what to expect from the church and asked me questions I didn't even know about regarding the church which was very helpful to look into before the wedding and rehearsal got closer. She always responded to questions and emails extremely quickly, and even accommodated my request for our initial meeting to be the Saturday before Easter because my schedule was so packed. The owner, Joan, is also wonderful with alerting you of upcoming payments so you are never left trying to remember different dates and she also worked directly with my parents to help ease the process and make it more efficient. My wedding day was absolutely perfect from start to finish and if there were any issues along the way, I still don't know about them thanks to Jennifer. I definitely would have felt much more overwhelmed and my parents would have been much more stressed had she not been involved in the rehearsal and wedding day, and I would recommend Five Grain and Jennifer specifically to any bride! Anyone who is given the opportunity to work with Jennifer is very lucky and will not be disappointed in how their special day turns out!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Gina M

Emily at Five Grain Events was our wedding coordinator and I can't express enough gratitude my family has thanks to her amazing work. As the bride, she kept me on track during the last 2 months before the event, anticipated details I never would have known, and made me feel like... Read More I was the only client she was attending to. Thanks to Emily and her 2 assistants our parents who were hosting our wedding were able to enjoy the entire day and night without a single worry. We were all impressed with how professional and organized she was after our initial meeting. She always responded to questions and emails with poise and efficiency. My wedding day was absolutely perfect from start to finish and if there were any bumps along the way I still don't know about them. Without her I know I would have been a lot more overwhelmed and stressed both planning the wedding and over the course of the day itself. My biggest piece of advice to brides is to hire a day of coordinator you trust and respect because that is how I feel about Emily. Anyone who is given the opportunity to work with her is very lucky and will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Kate J

We had Jennifer as our "day-of" coordinator - misleading term as I was in near constant communication with her starting months prior! She was incredible to work with, I really can't imagine the wedding details coming together without her. Thank you for making our wedding day... Read More so perfect!

Shannon rocks!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Melissa C

It was a great pleasure to work with Shannon and her assistant Kelly at our December wedding! We were initially on the fence about hiring a coordinator for our wedding, but it was the best decision we made. I don’t know what we would have done without them on the day of the... Read More wedding! Within a few months leading up to the wedding, Shannon started by creating a detailed timeline of the event, and included all of the small details of the day that I didn’t even consider. I was blown away over the attention to detail when I first read the 3 page timeline of the day. Then we had a few meetings where we walked through the day and nailed down all of the details of the set-up and vendor coordination. There were so many meetings and other necessary things to take care on the few weeks leading up to the wedding and it was a huge relief to have Shannon to take care of all of the major communications. She asked all of the necessary questions during the venue walk-through, and kept everything organized in her impressive 3 ring binder made especially for our wedding, where she kept all of the contracts, timelines, etc. She also took all of the decor items we bought or made the week before the wedding and made sure they were set up the exact way we imagined it on the actual day. Shannon was there to walk the wedding party through the rehearsal, which was a huge help since I would not have known what to do or tell our friends what to do. On the actual day of the wedding was when Shannon blew us all away. First, she was constantly communicating with and directing our vendors, which would have been a burden for me to have to do on the day of the wedding. But also it was like she was reading my mind the entire night. Whenever I had a question, or lost something, she was there resolving the situation. She and Kelly were also so friendly and fun to hang out with, that by the end of the night they became our friends. My friend even mentioned Shannon in her toast :) All in all, if you must hire Five Grain Events for your wedding, it is your best choice!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Alex B

Hiring Five Grain Events was the best wedding decision I made by far. I worked with Jennifer and she was amazing - so friendly, kind, responsive, and professional! I am an out-of-town bride, so I really needed help and Jennifer was there every step of the way. My entire wedding... Read More ran so smoothly I can hardly believe it. Everything truly seemed effortless and I know that is because of Jennifer and Five Grain Events. I am truly impressed by what I saw, and the fact is that she was probably doing a million things behind the scenes that I don't even know about. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Made the entire day go smooth

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Andrew M

Emily at Five Grain was our coordinator, and we could not have done it without her! She spent a lot of time working with us before the day, and made it so we didn't have to worry about a thing on a very busy day! Highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 7/12/2015 Meghan S

Wow! Truly a joy to work with Joan at Five Grain Events. She is ON IT. Organized and realistic in planning timelines, setup, and budget. She was incredibly timely in responding to questions. Her openness and honest approach helped us set expectations for our big day and ensured... Read More it went off without a hitch. On the day of, her team was so friendly and helpful not only to us but to our guests. Five Grain is a huge reason our day was so amazing. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 susan Z

We had Shannon from Five Grain as our planner. She was absolutely amazing. So kind, calm, organized. She made my life so much easier leading up to the wedding. Having her run the show day of also enabled my husband and I to just fully enjoy ourselves, be in the moment, and not... Read More worry! I got so many positive comments from my parents, family, and friends regarding Shannon being great and on top of things.

no worries

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Liz C

Joan is amazing - helpful, calming and always kept us on track... and reminded us that the wedding day is about the bride and groom joining their life together. They did a beautiful job and left us with out any worries.

Don't Get Married Without A Coordinator!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Maria B

I can't say enough positive things about Lauren at Five Grain Events. Not only was she easy to work with, but she made juggling dozens of balls in the air at one time look easy as pie. My parents have no idea how she was able to be so organized, manage so many things at once,... Read More and keep everyone on time and in line, but she did it! My one regret...not hiring her sooner. If I had any idea how much work and the literally hundreds of details a wedding was to not only plan but execute, I would have hired her before anyone else. Honestly, it should be illegal to get married without a coordinator - they are absolutely worth every penny. Because of Lauren, my parents and I were able to truly relax and enjoy our wedding instead of worring about all of the details because we completely trusted Lauren's abilities. When you think about it, after all of the work you go through to plan a wedding, don't you want to enjoy it when it arrives? If you don't have someone you trust managing the vendors and timing of every detail (and there are so many more than you know!), you'll end up managing the most important day of your life instead of experiencing and savoring it.

Best decision!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Kristen D

My husband and I hired Five Grain Events for their day-of wedding coordination services and it was the best decision!! First of all, let's be clear - do not be fooled by the description of 'day-of' coordination - because there is so much more that's involved!! My husband and I... Read More planned all the details for our wedding, and I thought that I would be able to handle all of the 'day of' stuff by just delegating to a few friends/family - boy was I wrong. As the day got closer, I realized just how much stuff goes on behind the scenes and I wanted to make sure that we were able to just enjoy our day. The first time we met with Joan I knew that she would be the perfect fit for us. She is extremely organized, very professional, fun to hang out with and she's assertive without being overbearing. I knew she would be the perfect personality to firmly but politely coordinate our vendors and guests. From the minute we hired her, Joan was in constant contact with us about ideas and making sure I was on target for all my deadlines. She met with us several times in person and really listened and took notes on how my husband and I wanted the details of our wedding to come together. Joan was fantastic at keeping all of my vendors in the loop with last minute changes and information and it was so much easier for me to have one contact instead of six! Our actual wedding went off without a hitch - it was honestly the best day of our lives and it went so smoothly. I didn't worry about a thing because I knew Joan was there to take care of it. Throughout the night Joan would find us to make sure we were okay and she stayed until the very end of our reception to help gather all of our gifts/guest book items and make sure they got home with one of our family members. Joan has a lot of contacts in the industry and any bride would be lucky to have Five Grain Events plan or coordinate their wedding!