George Street Photo & Video

Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg 3 Chicagola

Your Moments. Forever.

As wedding photography experts, the George Street team has shared inspiration with thousands of brides, helping them capture their vision just as they dreamed it. Serving the Chicago metro area with locations in Schaumburg, Orland Park and Chicago.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg, Chicago, IL Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg 3 Chicagola (866) 831-4103

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

We got married this past October and were so pleased with both the photographer and the company. I had 3 months to get everything to get and had no idea what I was doing. They walked me through every step and made it so easy. The photographer was amazing. He showed up early,... Read More jumped around on rocks to get great pictures and even danced with us on the dance floor! He made us feel right at home. I can't say enough good things and would absolutely recommend them over and over.

2017-07-17T11:05:12 Response from the vendor

Hi there. Thanks for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed working with us and our photographer. Thanks for your great recommendation and for letting us be part of your big day!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Kelley R

GeorgeStreet was great! We used them for our wedding in October and were so happy with everything! The engagement pictures turned out great and so did the wedding photos! Our photographer, Amanda, was professional, easy to get a hold of, and did a great job!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Jessica P

George Street Photo and Video really made our special day extra special. The photographers and videographer were very polite and professional. They really made sure before our wedding that we specified everything that we wanted so that they were able to capture each and every... Read More moment that was important to us. Our pictures turned out amazing and we couldn't be more pleased with all of the services provided to us. Everyone that we came in contact with, from our first inquiry to the very last email, were super nice and professional and answered every question or concern that we had.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Erin W

The whole process working with George Street was fantastic, from the initial meeting to the receipt of my wedding photos. Steve and Christian were my photographers, and both were incredibly easy to work with, organized, and talented. My wedding photos were also turned around in... Read More just over 3 weeks, which was far quicker than I expected! The quality was great and all the important moments were captured. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my choice to go with George Street, especially for the value when compared to other photographers!

Reviewed on 4/18/2018 Patrick K

We got married in December and did our Engagement photos the prior December in hopes of a white wedding :) Unfortunately, the engagement photos were cold and rainy, and the wedding day, though snowy and white, was bitter cold! However, our photographers were absolutely... Read More wonderful through it all! They never even made a comment about the weather and having to be outside in it. In fact, they were the ones asking us to get a few more shots in! They also did a brilliant job with their creativity on the indoor pictures, and ultimately helped us forget about the weather! The communication and planning with our George Street team was very professional, responses were timely, and they were always working to make everything run smoothly. Website was user-friendly throughout the process, and the photographers spent plenty of time with you weeks in advance to make sure that you and them were on the same page on the big day. Overall, we felt very pleased (and lucky) to have found George Street for our wedding. We were very nervous making such a big investment in a company we've never heard of, but we couldn't be happier with our decision. We would definitely recommend them - they take out much of the stress that comes with planning for a wedding!

Reviewed on 4/14/2018 Emily C

I discovered George Street using The Knot when researching vendors. Our wedding was over one year ago now and I still rave to people about how happy I was with our photographer from George Street! Not only was our coordinator friendly, organized, professional, and caring but our... Read More photographer was amazing! She matched our style perfectly and was an absolute joy to work with! They were worth every penny and we are so happy with how they captured our special day!

Reviewed on 4/10/2018 Monica V

I absolutely love their photo quality and their customer service! Everyone I worked with was incredibly nice and helpful and their planning tools are great for scheduling your photographer’s time. Their prices are great especially for the quality you get!

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Vinci N

We went with George Street Photo & Video because we loved their candid shots and the photojournalism style. We wanted someone who would capture the little and big moments of our day in a natural way that didn’t seem posed. George Street also offered very competitive pricing and... Read More packages for photo and video, so after meeting with many photographers and videographers, we decided that George Street was the one for us. At first, we were a bit nervous because we wouldn’t get to meet our photographers and videographer before signing the contract. But it all worked out great. We got to meet Noellia, our lead photographer, at our engagement shoot and we love her! She made sure to call us both before the engagement shoot and before the wedding to go through all the details so that everything would go smoothly. She’s so nice and personable and made us feel at ease. We felt very comfortable with her both at the engagement shoot and on our wedding day. Our second photographer, Liz, was also great. Noellia and Liz had worked together before, and we could see the chemistry throughout the day as it seemed like they were reading each other’s thoughts at times to get the perfect angle or the perfect shot. Our videographer, Rully, was also really easy to work with. We also had a call with him before the wedding to go over everything together so we didn’t have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. The three of them basically followed us around all day and night and we barely even noticed their presence as they captured all the details and moments of our wedding day, which is exactly what we wanted when we were looking for photographers and videographers. Our engagement photos were beautiful, and we cannot wait to see our wedding photos and video! We highly recommend George Street to any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 2/18/2018 Emily A

I can not recommend highly enough the George Street team for wedding photos! We chose John as our photographer for our Nov 4, 2017 wedding and he was so great to work with. I was a little nervous because we hadn’t met him in person until the day of the wedding but within a few... Read More minutes it was like we’d known him for years. Our wedding party pictures were spectacular and he did an amazing job of catching candid moments of all our friends and family at the reception. The whole GS team was super responsive to any emails or questions and really helped make everything easy for us. Great service and great photos!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 A N

Nothing special, lighting was full of shadows, no emotional "photo journalistic" moments captured, pictures taken by my friends captured more moments that will go in my albums than the ones I got from George Street. I regret signing up with George Street, would not have done it... Read More again and will never recommend George Street to another bride.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Samantha K

When we got engaged and began planning our wedding, my husband and I agreed that the one thing that we really were willing to invest in was our photo and video. After meeting with multiple companies, we decided to go with George Street. Throughout our engagement and our wedding... Read More day, we had no problems. Our photographer, Terri, was great! We met her for our engagement photos and worked with her again on our wedding day. Our pictures were great. We also had no problems with our videographer, Jake. We discussed my wedding plan in advance and he was great throughout the wedding day. It wasn't until after our wedding that my problems began. About 2 months after our wedding, I received an email from George Street simply stating that my wedding video had shipped. I was confused, because that was the first that I had heard of our video and I had been told that I could choose the music, and review the video first. When I received my video and my husband and I viewed it, I was horrified. The soundtrack as awful, and the entire ceremony was just footage of the back of our guests heads. The reception was unnecessarily long, awkward footage of the same 3 people dancing. It wasn't until I contacted George Street to complain that I was informed that that was our "first draft" and I was now able to request a revision form. I then spent the next month of my time creating my own wedding video. I chose what clips I wanted left in, what music I wanted, etc. I spent an obscene about of money to make my own video. The draft I got looked like someone just threw footage together and sent it to me in hopes that I would either not notice and accept it anyway, or that I would then have to edit it myself. After a month, I submitted my revisions in hopes that it was over. Nearly 3 months later, I received my revised video. Many of the revisions that I specifically requested were not made. I again rejected the video and contacted management. They informed me that they could make the revisions or send me another form so that I could spend even more of my own time making my video. I specifically listed out the changes I wanted made, over the phone and again in writing. Two months later, now 7 months after my wedding day, I received the revised video. I got 3 minutes into it and already saw that my revisions had not been made. I never write reviews. But the amount of money that we spent at George Street was ridiculous for what we have received. I have friends that have also gotten married this year and have used companies that considered, specifically Timothy Whaley and Eivan's. They received beautiful videos that they did not have to do any work on. For what we spent, and the high profile of this company, we should have received one video and it should have been stunning. I had a perfect wedding day, and I married the perfect man, and I have no complaints besides the company we chose to handle our wedding video. I am extremely, extremely disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Kelsey Z

Missed a few photos that I would have liked, but overall wonderful company to work with. I would recommend being specific with what photos you are hoping for. Loved that the company helped me to select a photographer based on several portfolios and that I got to meet my... Read More photographer ahead of time during the engagement photos!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 laura p

Honestly, our photos were such a huge disappointment it is hard to even look at them. Although we went through the personal consultation, did the online personal portfolio they strongly recommended, and spoke to the photographer (albeit it, I think it was 2 nights before), it... Read More was as if a total stranger, who never met us or was informed of what we were looking for, took the pictures. The lead photographer could not have acted less enthused, or shown any less interest in taking the photos. It became a joke between my husband and I at the time, since we didn't know any better about how to handle such a situation, and we were just hoping/figuring the pictures would still turn out. WRONG. The only shining light on the entire experience was the assistant photographer, who was amazing--personable with the guys (lead was with me and the bridesmaids) and got really beautiful and creative shots with my husband and the groomsmen. Those are the only pictures that really looked like what we were sold on--it is just a shame that none are of my husband and I. maybe ours was an isolated incident because all of the reviews for George Street were so great. But as time has gone on, and I have seen dozens and dozens of other wedding photos, including some I have been a part of as a member of the bridal party, it is beyond clear that we not only did not get what we paid for or were promised, but that the entire experience was subpar. In fact, when we got our proofs, I realized a number of shots were missing and had to call and track them down, and they were terrible quality anyway. This is the first bad review I think I have ever written on a business, because there is so much subjectivity out there and I understand you cannot win them all. But this was so upsetting...I would be cautious with this one. Your pictures are what you will carry with you when the actual memories start to fade.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Cristin B

Terri was my lead photographer for my wedding. She was absolutely perfect. So friendly and guided me and my bridal party through every shot. We all felt comfortable and I felt relieved because I knew that she was capturing everything that I had ever wanted. I can't wait to... Read More see all of the pictures! Thank you so much, Terri, for helping make my day absolutely perfect. You were such a pleasure to work with! Krista was my assistant photographer for my wedding. She worked with my husband and groomsmen for the most part and they all said she was great. She was focused, gave great direction and was overall really nice to work with. Thank you, Krista! Eddie was my videographer. He was really sweet and patient. I had no idea what to do knowing a camera was in the room recording me and my crew. He gave me the guidance I needed and gave me options throughout the night. I can’t wait to see what he shot and what the video will look like! Thank you so much, Eddie!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Mary G

George Street was awesome! And I am very very picky with photographers. We used them for both photo and video and both turned out beautiful!! We, also, got them in a very timely manor. One of the reasons I gave them 5 stars is because the first photographer we picked with them,... Read More we ended up really not clicking with. We had an engagement shoot with him and realized it then. George Street didn't skip a beat and worked with us to find another photographer, with them, who we loved! We are so happy we found Armen! You could really tell he loved what he did and made us his top priority the entire time. Truly, one of the best!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Cheryl C

Our wedding was in April and we had an excellent experience with George Street. At our initial visit we viewed the portfolios of 3 different photographers and discussed our style with the representative. The photographer that we chose (Stephanie) had a style that closely matched... Read More our vision (classic), and we were not disappointed. Stephanie was a very well-trained and talented photographer. Nancy was our assistant photographer and between each of them we received over 1200 photos. I received help from Katie one of the coordinators in helping put together our “timeline” for the day which helped us fully utilize all of the time with the photographers. I found this to be very helpful in planning out the day. Stephanie and Nancy worked very well together to fully capture our entire day. Both were very polite and professional and helped keep us moving on schedule. They were a lot of fun to work with! We received many beautiful photographs and I felt the price was reasonable. I would definitely recommend George Street to other couples.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Sarah G

We got married in June 2017 and used George Street for our engagement and wedding photos. We were really happy with the quick communication from George Street along the way and everything from a logistics perspective went really well. We initially went in for a consultation at... Read More their Schaumburg office and they presented 3 photographer's profiles, of which we selected our photographer Thomas. We are thrilled we did! He was very accommodating and responsive to what we wanted. For our engagement photos, we really wanted downtown Chicago photos and Thomas met us bright and early at 5:30am to get good lighting and to avoid any pedestrians in our shots. Prior to our wedding day, we had a couple of calls with Thomas to go over details. He suggested small tweaks to ensure things would go smoothly. He captured all of the shots we wanted and was very pleasant to work with! After our wedding, George Street delivered our photos to us in a timely fashion. We would definitely recommend them to other couples :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ranka S

Incredible experience all around--from the coordinators to the photographer and the photobook designers, we were blown away by every factor of George Street. We had Mario as our photographer. He was amazing. We highly recommend him and the entire George Street Company.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Leigha D

T

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Katherine D

We loved our experience with George Street! The process was easy to follow and didn't add any stress to our planning or our day. There was always someone to answer our questions, which was great. The package options were reasonable too. We loved our photographer and videographer... Read More and couldn't be happier with how our pictures and video turned out. We ended up liking so many pictures that it was hard to narrow them down for prints/albums/etc. Highly recommend!

2017-09-26T16:07:22 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you loved working with us and love your photos and video. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Yasmin H

While the photographers were very nice and made us all feel comfortable sadly the photos did not come out as I had hoped. There were 0 shots of my mother and grandfather walking down the isle, none of my mother and I other than the staged ones, my hair was falling out and... Read More instead of letting me know it needed to be fixed and asking one of my bridesmaids fix my hair they let it go which ruined a lot of photos. The only thing I'd change about my wedding is spending the extra money sadly and using different photographers. We the videographer however saved the rating! He did an above and beyond job and the videos were amazing.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Tim M

If i could give them a ZERO I would. We had an amazing day but our pictures were terrible. The photographer was incredibly rude to me and guests. He yelled at the videographer while I was walking down the aisle. I could go on forever. But the real pitfall of this company is... Read More their abominable customer service. First we were denied the ability to talk with a manager. The when we FINALLY (months later and after the wedding) received contact from a manager asking to hear our concerns, she completely ignored my response. We were lied to by the company, they misled us in many ways and they also came up with restrictions regarding our videographer that were not listed in the contract!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angie D

We got married last year. We had the worst experience with this company. The lack of interest from the photographers showed in our pictures. The best pictures we received are from our wedding guest (Thank goodness). The experience with this company is soo awful that every time I... Read More go to select pictures for our wedding book I cry (due to disappointment) and still haven't selected our pictures yet. We showed them family memebers we wanted pictures of and only received one picture of my father and the rest of the 2,000 pictures was just of the groom and myself. I would strongly suggest not going with this company, you can never get this day back! Choose a company that cares about your wedding and your vision.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jameson R

We had a great photographer through George Street. He was great to work with and we loved the photos. However, working with the overall website proved difficult at times. Early on, we had a couple questions we submitted through the pre-session questionnaire that went unanswered... Read More and were unable to speak with our photographer until one week out. Once we were able to talk with the photographer directly, everything was cleared up and both our engagement photos and wedding went smoothly. The cost of the services were very reasonable.

2017-09-26T16:38:39 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review. We're glad you love how both your engagement and wedding photos turned out. Thanks again for letting us be part of your big day.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Abby P

We had some reservations about working with a large company rather than an independent photographer and videographer but in the end, we were very pleased with our decision! They make the planning process very easy. Our photographer, Shawna, did an excellent job and our photos... Read More turned out beautiful! Still waiting for our video (which takes a few months) but I have no doubt it will be amazing!

2017-09-26T16:08:32 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed working with Shawna! Thanks again for letting us be part of your special day.