George Street Photo & Video

Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg 3 Chicagola

Your Moments. Forever.

As wedding photography experts, the George Street team has shared inspiration with thousands of brides, helping them capture their vision just as they dreamed it. Serving the Chicago metro area with locations in Schaumburg, Orland Park and Chicago.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010

Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg, Chicago, IL Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg 3 Chicagola (866) 831-4103

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

We got married this past October and were so pleased with both the photographer and the company. I had 3 months to get everything to get and had no idea what I was doing. They walked me through every step and made it so easy. The photographer was amazing. He showed up early,... Read More jumped around on rocks to get great pictures and even danced with us on the dance floor! He made us feel right at home. I can't say enough good things and would absolutely recommend them over and over.

2017-07-17T11:05:12 Response from the vendor

Hi there. Thanks for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed working with us and our photographer. Thanks for your great recommendation and for letting us be part of your big day!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Kelley R

GeorgeStreet was great! We used them for our wedding in October and were so happy with everything! The engagement pictures turned out great and so did the wedding photos! Our photographer, Amanda, was professional, easy to get a hold of, and did a great job!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Jessica P

George Street Photo and Video really made our special day extra special. The photographers and videographer were very polite and professional. They really made sure before our wedding that we specified everything that we wanted so that they were able to capture each and every... Read More moment that was important to us. Our pictures turned out amazing and we couldn't be more pleased with all of the services provided to us. Everyone that we came in contact with, from our first inquiry to the very last email, were super nice and professional and answered every question or concern that we had.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Erin W

The whole process working with George Street was fantastic, from the initial meeting to the receipt of my wedding photos. Steve and Christian were my photographers, and both were incredibly easy to work with, organized, and talented. My wedding photos were also turned around in... Read More just over 3 weeks, which was far quicker than I expected! The quality was great and all the important moments were captured. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my choice to go with George Street, especially for the value when compared to other photographers!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 laura p

Honestly, our photos were such a huge disappointment it is hard to even look at them. Although we went through the personal consultation, did the online personal portfolio they strongly recommended, and spoke to the photographer (albeit it, I think it was 2 nights before), it... Read More was as if a total stranger, who never met us or was informed of what we were looking for, took the pictures. The lead photographer could not have acted less enthused, or shown any less interest in taking the photos. It became a joke between my husband and I at the time, since we didn't know any better about how to handle such a situation, and we were just hoping/figuring the pictures would still turn out. WRONG. The only shining light on the entire experience was the assistant photographer, who was amazing--personable with the guys (lead was with me and the bridesmaids) and got really beautiful and creative shots with my husband and the groomsmen. Those are the only pictures that really looked like what we were sold on--it is just a shame that none are of my husband and I. maybe ours was an isolated incident because all of the reviews for George Street were so great. But as time has gone on, and I have seen dozens and dozens of other wedding photos, including some I have been a part of as a member of the bridal party, it is beyond clear that we not only did not get what we paid for or were promised, but that the entire experience was subpar. In fact, when we got our proofs, I realized a number of shots were missing and had to call and track them down, and they were terrible quality anyway. This is the first bad review I think I have ever written on a business, because there is so much subjectivity out there and I understand you cannot win them all. But this was so upsetting...I would be cautious with this one. Your pictures are what you will carry with you when the actual memories start to fade.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Cristin B

Terri was my lead photographer for my wedding. She was absolutely perfect. So friendly and guided me and my bridal party through every shot. We all felt comfortable and I felt relieved because I knew that she was capturing everything that I had ever wanted. I can't wait to... Read More see all of the pictures! Thank you so much, Terri, for helping make my day absolutely perfect. You were such a pleasure to work with! Krista was my assistant photographer for my wedding. She worked with my husband and groomsmen for the most part and they all said she was great. She was focused, gave great direction and was overall really nice to work with. Thank you, Krista! Eddie was my videographer. He was really sweet and patient. I had no idea what to do knowing a camera was in the room recording me and my crew. He gave me the guidance I needed and gave me options throughout the night. I can’t wait to see what he shot and what the video will look like! Thank you so much, Eddie!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Mary G

George Street was awesome! And I am very very picky with photographers. We used them for both photo and video and both turned out beautiful!! We, also, got them in a very timely manor. One of the reasons I gave them 5 stars is because the first photographer we picked with them,... Read More we ended up really not clicking with. We had an engagement shoot with him and realized it then. George Street didn't skip a beat and worked with us to find another photographer, with them, who we loved! We are so happy we found Armen! You could really tell he loved what he did and made us his top priority the entire time. Truly, one of the best!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Cheryl C

Our wedding was in April and we had an excellent experience with George Street. At our initial visit we viewed the portfolios of 3 different photographers and discussed our style with the representative. The photographer that we chose (Stephanie) had a style that closely matched... Read More our vision (classic), and we were not disappointed. Stephanie was a very well-trained and talented photographer. Nancy was our assistant photographer and between each of them we received over 1200 photos. I received help from Katie one of the coordinators in helping put together our “timeline” for the day which helped us fully utilize all of the time with the photographers. I found this to be very helpful in planning out the day. Stephanie and Nancy worked very well together to fully capture our entire day. Both were very polite and professional and helped keep us moving on schedule. They were a lot of fun to work with! We received many beautiful photographs and I felt the price was reasonable. I would definitely recommend George Street to other couples.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Sarah G

We got married in June 2017 and used George Street for our engagement and wedding photos. We were really happy with the quick communication from George Street along the way and everything from a logistics perspective went really well. We initially went in for a consultation at... Read More their Schaumburg office and they presented 3 photographer's profiles, of which we selected our photographer Thomas. We are thrilled we did! He was very accommodating and responsive to what we wanted. For our engagement photos, we really wanted downtown Chicago photos and Thomas met us bright and early at 5:30am to get good lighting and to avoid any pedestrians in our shots. Prior to our wedding day, we had a couple of calls with Thomas to go over details. He suggested small tweaks to ensure things would go smoothly. He captured all of the shots we wanted and was very pleasant to work with! After our wedding, George Street delivered our photos to us in a timely fashion. We would definitely recommend them to other couples :)

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Ranka S

Incredible experience all around--from the coordinators to the photographer and the photobook designers, we were blown away by every factor of George Street. We had Mario as our photographer. He was amazing. We highly recommend him and the entire George Street Company.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Leigha D

T

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Katherine D

We loved our experience with George Street! The process was easy to follow and didn't add any stress to our planning or our day. There was always someone to answer our questions, which was great. The package options were reasonable too. We loved our photographer and videographer... Read More and couldn't be happier with how our pictures and video turned out. We ended up liking so many pictures that it was hard to narrow them down for prints/albums/etc. Highly recommend!

2017-09-26T16:07:22 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you loved working with us and love your photos and video. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Yasmin H

While the photographers were very nice and made us all feel comfortable sadly the photos did not come out as I had hoped. There were 0 shots of my mother and grandfather walking down the isle, none of my mother and I other than the staged ones, my hair was falling out and... Read More instead of letting me know it needed to be fixed and asking one of my bridesmaids fix my hair they let it go which ruined a lot of photos. The only thing I'd change about my wedding is spending the extra money sadly and using different photographers. We the videographer however saved the rating! He did an above and beyond job and the videos were amazing.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Tim M

If i could give them a ZERO I would. We had an amazing day but our pictures were terrible. The photographer was incredibly rude to me and guests. He yelled at the videographer while I was walking down the aisle. I could go on forever. But the real pitfall of this company is... Read More their abominable customer service. First we were denied the ability to talk with a manager. The when we FINALLY (months later and after the wedding) received contact from a manager asking to hear our concerns, she completely ignored my response. We were lied to by the company, they misled us in many ways and they also came up with restrictions regarding our videographer that were not listed in the contract!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angie D

We got married last year. We had the worst experience with this company. The lack of interest from the photographers showed in our pictures. The best pictures we received are from our wedding guest (Thank goodness). The experience with this company is soo awful that every time I... Read More go to select pictures for our wedding book I cry (due to disappointment) and still haven't selected our pictures yet. We showed them family memebers we wanted pictures of and only received one picture of my father and the rest of the 2,000 pictures was just of the groom and myself. I would strongly suggest not going with this company, you can never get this day back! Choose a company that cares about your wedding and your vision.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jameson R

We had a great photographer through George Street. He was great to work with and we loved the photos. However, working with the overall website proved difficult at times. Early on, we had a couple questions we submitted through the pre-session questionnaire that went unanswered... Read More and were unable to speak with our photographer until one week out. Once we were able to talk with the photographer directly, everything was cleared up and both our engagement photos and wedding went smoothly. The cost of the services were very reasonable.

2017-09-26T16:38:39 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review. We're glad you love how both your engagement and wedding photos turned out. Thanks again for letting us be part of your big day.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Abby P

We had some reservations about working with a large company rather than an independent photographer and videographer but in the end, we were very pleased with our decision! They make the planning process very easy. Our photographer, Shawna, did an excellent job and our photos... Read More turned out beautiful! Still waiting for our video (which takes a few months) but I have no doubt it will be amazing!

2017-09-26T16:08:32 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed working with Shawna! Thanks again for letting us be part of your special day.

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Lauren O

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Estes Park, Colorado this past May. We were so happy with our experience with George Street Photo & Video. We live a thousand miles away from our wedding location, so many aspects were difficult planning from afar. With George Street... Read More it was different. We met a consultant in our city, had engagement photos taken with a photographer in our city, and had two amazing photographers that captured our perfect day once we were in the mountains. We were so happy with the final product and how wonderfully our photographers captured our special day!

2017-09-26T16:28:45 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your great review! We're happy to hear how much you loved working with us and love your photos! It's definitely challenging to plan a wedding fro miles away, but we're here to make that easier. Thanks again for letting... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Abigail E

George street is so professional. They made the the photography aspect of the wedding stress free. Plus, the pictures are outstanding!

2017-09-26T16:23:05 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review! We're glad the planning process was stress free and that you love your photos!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Courtney M

My husband and I were beyond pleased with George Street! We had a lead and assistant photographer in our package and were impressed by their talents and abilities to capture great moments throughout the day, from the most important, emotional moments to the mundane. Both... Read More photographers were professional and personable and managed to blend in during the ceremony while still capturing great moments. We are also extremely happy with the quality and quantity of photos taken, as well as the high quality of the photobook we received in our package. I have and will continue to recommend George Street to anyone looking for a quality, professional, and affordable photography company.

2017-09-26T16:21:48 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your great review! We're happy to hear how much you loved your talent team and are happy with how your photos turned out. Thanks again for the great recommendation!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Katie C

My husband and I just got married this August and we got the Lead Photographer/Associate Photographer/Videographer package. We were overall pleased with George Street from start to finish. We were initially drawn to George Street because they offered both photography AND... Read More videography (which can be hard to find). The package we got was a no brainer price wise - it made more sense to go through a photography AND videography place versus hiring a separate photographer and videographer from elsewhere. We figured that there would be more of a likelihood that the photographers/videographers had worked together in the past and knew how to work with one another well. We also liked that we got to take a "style quiz" to help us narrow down who our lead photographer would be. We were SO lucky to be paired with Sarah for our engagement photos and for our big day! She's SO talented and makes you feel at ease. It was so great to have worked with her before our big day! Greg, our videographer, and Elizavita were also a blast to work with - they were professional, kind and open to our ideas! The only thing that my husband and I did not like is that we were not able to get in touch with our photographers/videographer until a few days before our wedding. George Street does have an awesome planner that helps you organize your wedding day out, but we had no sense of how much time to allot for a first look, getting ready session, etc. We did reach out to the George Street consultants for assistance and while they were helpful, we would have preferred to speak to our photographers/videographers directly. We completely trusted Sarah's judgement and we would have liked to have had her input specifically on the timing of things. Everything ended up turning out fine in the end, but my husband and I would have appreciated more contact with our photographers/videographers. We did not necessarily like to speak to a consultant for everything. But, in the end, we loved our talent team and cannot say enough good things about them! We cannot wait to see the final products!

2017-09-26T16:20:27 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We're happy to hear how much you loved working with your talent team. Thanks again for letting us capture your special day!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Melissa M

We are very pleased with our experience with George Street Photo. They are very communicative and helpful throughout the entire process; from our original inquiry, through the decision making process, throughout the planning, and after. Our Coordinator went above and beyond to... Read More help us when we needed it and was very responsive. Overall, they were easily our most responsive Vendor. I loved getting to look at photos and getting to know what style you like so you can pick the right photographer for you. There is also reassurance using GS because if for some reason your photographer can't make your big day, they have back ups ready just in case. There are many packages for you to pick your needs and match your budget appropriately. The only difference between GS and a private photographer is you can't expect to receive a Sneak Peak of your wedding photos the next day. We did however receive our first sneak peak the Friday after our Saturday wedding! We'd recommend using George Street to our friends and family looking for a wedding photographer!

2017-09-26T16:18:03 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thank you for your review! It's great to hear about your positive experience with us! We're so happy you enjoyed working with your team here at George Street. Thanks again for your great recommendation!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Olivia M

Most photographers can be very pushy and demanding, but not Morgan and Renee. Both were amazing! Morgan was very patient with me, because I am not a fan of taking pictures. And Renee was very sweet. I am a satisfied customer :)

2017-09-26T16:17:04 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your positive review. We're happy to hear how much you loved working with your team and that you're happy with your photos!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Katy A

Although we have not gotten pictures or video back yet, we already know we are so happy with our photographers and videographer. Our main photographer, Terri, did our engagement photos and was with us on our wedding day for 10 hours. She was so nice, professional, and attentive... Read More to what we wanted. Before leaving, she asked if we wanted anymore pictures to make sure she got everything we wanted. Our associate photographer, Jordan, was very sweet. She did more behind the scenes shots and seemed more quiet and reserved. Our videographer, Gigi, was spunky and full of life. She got a ton of shots before, during, and after our ceremony and even stayed a little over her time to make sure she got the bouquet toss and a couple extra shots she wanted. We can't wait to see everything!

2017-09-26T16:16:06 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thanks so much for your great review! We're glad you had such a positive experience working with Terri for both your engagement and wedding photos. Thanks again for letting us be part of this special day!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Amber P

I recently received my photos back and am in absolute shock. I felt as though we were in good hands up until the wedding reception where it turned into a bunch of family running around trying to get posed and trying to combat the weather. I do portraits on the side (I myself am... Read More not daring enough to do a wedding), and even I was shocked at the rush and carelessness when it came to to setting up a good shot. There are photos that are INCREDIBLY bright and blurry (not the fault of the editor) and some with the large standing flash and a lime green paper (that she had to use to cover the sun glare with)! I am actually embarrassed to show these to friends and family. Thankfully I am not a crazy bride that wanted absolutely perfect photography and I understand I signed a contract for such things as this. However, I think George Street needs to feature more of their portfolio so brides understand where their large amount of money is truly going. We would not have paid the money we did had we known we would receive pictures like this back. Unfortunately, this is a day we can't get back, but I hope they do more on their end to save future couples the money, disappointment, and missed memories like we just received. There are many great reviews on here, so I am a little bummed that we were just the ones who chose the wrong photographer. Just know in advance that the portfolio/photographer you choose, may not be what you truly receive on the BIGGEST day of your life.