George Street Photo & Video

Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg 3 Chicagola

Your Moments. Forever.

As wedding photography experts, the George Street team has shared inspiration with thousands of brides, helping them capture their vision just as they dreamed it. Serving the Chicago metro area with locations in Schaumburg, Orland Park and Chicago.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Bow2010

Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg, Chicago, IL Locations in Chicago, Orland Park and Schaumburg 3 Chicagola (866) 831-4103

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

We got married this past October and were so pleased with both the photographer and the company. I had 3 months to get everything to get and had no idea what I was doing. They walked me through every step and made it so easy. The photographer was amazing. He showed up early,... Read More jumped around on rocks to get great pictures and even danced with us on the dance floor! He made us feel right at home. I can't say enough good things and would absolutely recommend them over and over.

2017-07-17T11:05:12 Response from the vendor

Hi there. Thanks for your positive review! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed working with us and our photographer. Thanks for your great recommendation and for letting us be part of your big day!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Kelley R

GeorgeStreet was great! We used them for our wedding in October and were so happy with everything! The engagement pictures turned out great and so did the wedding photos! Our photographer, Amanda, was professional, easy to get a hold of, and did a great job!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Jessica P

George Street Photo and Video really made our special day extra special. The photographers and videographer were very polite and professional. They really made sure before our wedding that we specified everything that we wanted so that they were able to capture each and every... Read More moment that was important to us. Our pictures turned out amazing and we couldn't be more pleased with all of the services provided to us. Everyone that we came in contact with, from our first inquiry to the very last email, were super nice and professional and answered every question or concern that we had.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Erin W

The whole process working with George Street was fantastic, from the initial meeting to the receipt of my wedding photos. Steve and Christian were my photographers, and both were incredibly easy to work with, organized, and talented. My wedding photos were also turned around in... Read More just over 3 weeks, which was far quicker than I expected! The quality was great and all the important moments were captured. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my choice to go with George Street, especially for the value when compared to other photographers!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Leigha D

We used George street for our wedding in April 2017. The actual photographer Rob was great. He was super helpful and answered all my questions during the process. The second photographer we had was not that great. She had to be told by some of the wedding party how they should... Read More be lined up and what pictures to take. Our videographer was great. He mingled well at the wedding and seemed to catch all the great moments at the wedding. The process after the wedding has been a disaster. For how much money we have spent I'm very disappointed. We received our pictures in a reasonable time but looking through them it seemed weird to me that some were missing. After asking if there were additional pictures, I was told there was. They allowed access to another 945 pictures that were great and I would have never have known about them unless I asked. Then the issue with the the video. We received it a month or two after the wedding with no sneak peek or to review it before they sent it. Well who ever edited the video did a terrible job. Some of the poor editing in the wedding video was the videographer legs are shown at one point, they start with a slow song and then to the next fast song to not only go back to the original slow song for no reason, and at the end the video just ends in a middle of the song to a black screen. The customer service has been awful and slow. They took a while to get back to us about things and they haven't once apologized for the awful service we have received. I would no recommend this company to anyone and am now learning of others who had poor experiences.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Katherine D

We loved our experience with George Street! The process was easy to follow and didn't add any stress to our planning or our day. There was always someone to answer our questions, which was great. The package options were reasonable too. We loved our photographer and videographer... Read More and couldn't be happier with how our pictures and video turned out. We ended up liking so many pictures that it was hard to narrow them down for prints/albums/etc. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Yasmin H

While the photographers were very nice and made us all feel comfortable sadly the photos did not come out as I had hoped. There were 0 shots of my mother and grandfather walking down the isle, none of my mother and I other than the staged ones, my hair was falling out and... Read More instead of letting me know it needed to be fixed and asking one of my bridesmaids fix my hair they let it go which ruined a lot of photos. The only thing I'd change about my wedding is spending the extra money sadly and using different photographers. We the videographer however saved the rating! He did an above and beyond job and the videos were amazing.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Tim M

If i could give them a ZERO I would. We had an amazing day but our pictures were terrible. The photographer was incredibly rude to me and guests. He yelled at the videographer while I was walking down the aisle. I could go on forever. But the real pitfall of this company is... Read More their abominable customer service. First we were denied the ability to talk with a manager. The when we FINALLY (months later and after the wedding) received contact from a manager asking to hear our concerns, she completely ignored my response. We were lied to by the company, they misled us in many ways and they also came up with restrictions regarding our videographer that were not listed in the contract!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angie D

We got married last year. We had the worst experience with this company. The lack of interest from the photographers showed in our pictures. The best pictures we received are from our wedding guest (Thank goodness). The experience with this company is soo awful that every time I... Read More go to select pictures for our wedding book I cry (due to disappointment) and still haven't selected our pictures yet. We showed them family memebers we wanted pictures of and only received one picture of my father and the rest of the 2,000 pictures was just of the groom and myself. I would strongly suggest not going with this company, you can never get this day back! Choose a company that cares about your wedding and your vision.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jameson R

We had a great photographer through George Street. He was great to work with and we loved the photos. However, working with the overall website proved difficult at times. Early on, we had a couple questions we submitted through the pre-session questionnaire that went unanswered... Read More and were unable to speak with our photographer until one week out. Once we were able to talk with the photographer directly, everything was cleared up and both our engagement photos and wedding went smoothly. The cost of the services were very reasonable.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Abby L

We had some reservations about working with a large company rather than an independent photographer and videographer but in the end, we were very pleased with our decision! They make the planning process very easy. Our photographer, Shawna, did an excellent job and our photos... Read More turned out beautiful! Still waiting for our video (which takes a few months) but I have no doubt it will be amazing!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Lauren O

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Estes Park, Colorado this past May. We were so happy with our experience with George Street Photo & Video. We live a thousand miles away from our wedding location, so many aspects were difficult planning from afar. With George Street... Read More it was different. We met a consultant in our city, had engagement photos taken with a photographer in our city, and had two amazing photographers that captured our perfect day once we were in the mountains. We were so happy with the final product and how wonderfully our photographers captured our special day!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Abigail E

George street is so professional. They made the the photography aspect of the wedding stress free. Plus, the pictures are outstanding!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Courtney M

My husband and I were beyond pleased with George Street! We had a lead and assistant photographer in our package and were impressed by their talents and abilities to capture great moments throughout the day, from the most important, emotional moments to the mundane. Both... Read More photographers were professional and personable and managed to blend in during the ceremony while still capturing great moments. We are also extremely happy with the quality and quantity of photos taken, as well as the high quality of the photobook we received in our package. I have and will continue to recommend George Street to anyone looking for a quality, professional, and affordable photography company.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Katie C

My husband and I just got married this August and we got the Lead Photographer/Associate Photographer/Videographer package. We were overall pleased with George Street from start to finish. We were initially drawn to George Street because they offered both photography AND... Read More videography (which can be hard to find). The package we got was a no brainer price wise - it made more sense to go through a photography AND videography place versus hiring a separate photographer and videographer from elsewhere. We figured that there would be more of a likelihood that the photographers/videographers had worked together in the past and knew how to work with one another well. We also liked that we got to take a "style quiz" to help us narrow down who our lead photographer would be. We were SO lucky to be paired with Sarah for our engagement photos and for our big day! She's SO talented and makes you feel at ease. It was so great to have worked with her before our big day! Greg, our videographer, and Elizavita were also a blast to work with - they were professional, kind and open to our ideas! The only thing that my husband and I did not like is that we were not able to get in touch with our photographers/videographer until a few days before our wedding. George Street does have an awesome planner that helps you organize your wedding day out, but we had no sense of how much time to allot for a first look, getting ready session, etc. We did reach out to the George Street consultants for assistance and while they were helpful, we would have preferred to speak to our photographers/videographers directly. We completely trusted Sarah's judgement and we would have liked to have had her input specifically on the timing of things. Everything ended up turning out fine in the end, but my husband and I would have appreciated more contact with our photographers/videographers. We did not necessarily like to speak to a consultant for everything. But, in the end, we loved our talent team and cannot say enough good things about them! We cannot wait to see the final products!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Melissa M

We are very pleased with our experience with George Street Photo. They are very communicative and helpful throughout the entire process; from our original inquiry, through the decision making process, throughout the planning, and after. Our Coordinator went above and beyond to... Read More help us when we needed it and was very responsive. Overall, they were easily our most responsive Vendor. I loved getting to look at photos and getting to know what style you like so you can pick the right photographer for you. There is also reassurance using GS because if for some reason your photographer can't make your big day, they have back ups ready just in case. There are many packages for you to pick your needs and match your budget appropriately. The only difference between GS and a private photographer is you can't expect to receive a Sneak Peak of your wedding photos the next day. We did however receive our first sneak peak the Friday after our Saturday wedding! We'd recommend using George Street to our friends and family looking for a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Olivia M

Most photographers can be very pushy and demanding, but not Morgan and Renee. Both were amazing! Morgan was very patient with me, because I am not a fan of taking pictures. And Renee was very sweet. I am a satisfied customer :)

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Katy A

Although we have not gotten pictures or video back yet, we already know we are so happy with our photographers and videographer. Our main photographer, Terri, did our engagement photos and was with us on our wedding day for 10 hours. She was so nice, professional, and attentive... Read More to what we wanted. Before leaving, she asked if we wanted anymore pictures to make sure she got everything we wanted. Our associate photographer, Jordan, was very sweet. She did more behind the scenes shots and seemed more quiet and reserved. Our videographer, Gigi, was spunky and full of life. She got a ton of shots before, during, and after our ceremony and even stayed a little over her time to make sure she got the bouquet toss and a couple extra shots she wanted. We can't wait to see everything!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Amber P

I recently received my photos back and am in absolute shock. I felt as though we were in good hands up until the wedding reception where it turned into a bunch of family running around trying to get posed and trying to combat the weather. I do portraits on the side (I myself am... Read More not daring enough to do a wedding), and even I was shocked at the rush and carelessness when it came to to setting up a good shot. There are photos that are INCREDIBLY bright and blurry (not the fault of the editor) and some with the large standing flash and a lime green paper (that she had to use to cover the sun glare with)! I am actually embarrassed to show these to friends and family. Thankfully I am not a crazy bride that wanted absolutely perfect photography and I understand I signed a contract for such things as this. However, I think George Street needs to feature more of their portfolio so brides understand where their large amount of money is truly going. We would not have paid the money we did had we known we would receive pictures like this back. Unfortunately, this is a day we can't get back, but I hope they do more on their end to save future couples the money, disappointment, and missed memories like we just received. There are many great reviews on here, so I am a little bummed that we were just the ones who chose the wrong photographer. Just know in advance that the portfolio/photographer you choose, may not be what you truly receive on the BIGGEST day of your life.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Susannah M

We loved our experience with George Street! My husband and I got married on 8/5, our package included a lead photographer, associate photographer, and videographer. We are so happy with our decision to get the videographer. Just as everyone says, the wedding day is a blur.... Read More Everything happened so fast and we are so happy we had all 3 to capture it all. The ability to pick our photographer that fit our style was just perfect, he listened to us and was very efficient. He made sure we got the pictures done so we could enjoy time with friends and family. We cannot wait to see the pictures and video! We would highly recommend George Street!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kelsey B

Carlo D. was incredible. I was a little nervous about hiring someone I hadn’t met with, but we loved his portfolio and we were willing to take the chance. The process leading up to the wedding was painless and simple. George Street’s online portal is very thorough and easy.... Read More We got a text from Carlo about a week before and squared away some basic details, and then I met him at our first look! He did an amazing job of capturing our friends and family, with the ideas we had chatted about. We didn’t want any cheesy photos, we wanted it to feel like landscape photography or nature photography, and he did just that. He was early and scoped out great places for pictures, so that once we started there wasn’t any time wasted. After we did our initial pictures, I barely saw him, but it was obvious upon receiving our pictures that he was everywhere! We were nervous that we didn’t have a second photographer, but for us, we got so much footage (and got our photos back within the month!). While we weren’t big on George Street’s marketing (we don’t like to be “sold” to) it makes sense to have a company handle the business side for an artist. We were so pleased with Carlo and our photos! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Nikki E

My husband and I got married this past April in Georgetown, SC. As I was searching for a wedding photographer, I ran across George Street Photo, and I am so glad I did! From the beginning, the George Street team was exceedingly accommodating and timely in helping answer any... Read More questions we had. We had the privilege of communicating with various people on the George Street team including Jillian, Emma, Kate, and Kevin. All four of them were incredible! Kevin did an excellent job as our photographer for the wedding day. He was funny, kind, and overall an exceptional choice! We couldn’t be more pleased with the way our photographs turned out. My only regret is that our photographer didn’t take any photos of my husband and his groomsmen getting ready, which I didn’t know until it was too late. Overall though, great company to work with!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Andrea W

My husband and I renewed our vows this past April and George Street did a great job capturing the wedding as never got to have! Our photographer was great and very laid back and was so nice to work with!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Melissa F

I will start off by saying for the price I guess I am not terribly disappointed, but definitely not thrilled either. I was a very laid back bride and didn't know what I wanted but I figured they were professionals and would just know what to do. I did send over a shot list and... Read More most of them were captured but not all. Also, I sent over some sample shots of styles I liked and I doubt the photographer even looked at those. I feel like we did not get enough shots of just me and the groom, definitely not enough romantic shots or different poses. He didn't help pose us or tell us what to do really and we didn't really know! Our first look photos have tons of people in the background, I didn't realize because my back was to them but I wish he had angled differently or told them to move. He didn't help pose for the group shots either and I wish we had some other shots instead of us all just standing there. We had a sparkler exit which was one of the things I was most exited about and he only got 3 photos of that, even though I thought he was snapping away and I don't even like any of the shots, one is so- so but nothing special at all. I told them I didn't want posed shots of the guests at their tables which I guess I regret now, because half of the people at the wedding aren't even in the photos! I figured he would naturally go around the room and capture the guests but that really did not happen. Lastly and probably most concerning, when our photos were released onto the portal, there were only a few hundred photos and we had him for 10 hours! I thought there should be way more than that. So I emailed my coordinator and she said "oh, we can upload some duplicates for you" the duplicates nearly doubled what they originally sent and while some were duplicate some where way better (better poses, eyes open, etc) and there were shots in there I had never seen before! I think it should be up to us to see any and all photos taken and decide what we want or not. You never know what hidden gems could be in there that they might consider not worth sending apparently. We have some nice photos from the day and like I said for what we paid I guess this is what you get but I am somewhat disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Justin F

We loved George Street Photo and mostly our photographer, Melissa! The company is very reasonably priced and Melissa was in control of our 16 person wedding party, but also knew when to let us have fun! It was a perfect mix of staged/formal photos and capturing special... Read More moments. We traveled to multiple spots throughout the day and she was with us during the entire ceremony and night! I would highly recommend George Street!