Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods

Greysolon Ballroom located in Duluth, MN, provides romantic ambience for any event. With a variety of rooms we can host intimate dinner parties or large-scale weddings. Black Woods' onsite catering and white glove service add to the experience. It is metropolitan sophistication within your budget.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

231 East Superior Street, Duluth, MN (218) 722-7466

Reviewed on 3/02/2018

My daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at the Greysolon Ballroom February 17, 2018. It could not have been more perfect. From our first meeting with Jax and planning with Kalysta everything went smoothly. Kalysta responded quickly to all emails and phone calls.... Read More She made the planning process so much fun and easy. On the day of the wedding our first meeting with Rachel was the start of a wonderful day. Having the ceremony and reception in the same place was so convenient. We had a great lunch served for the wedding party during the day. Everyone loved the suite and quarters for getting ready for the wedding. The Ballroom was set up beautifully for the ceremony and the reception. The staff handled every thing fantastically. At the end of the evening Aubrey was so great at helping everything go smoothly. The room is beautiful, the staff is great, and the food was excellent.

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Danielle E

Being in the wedding industry myself, I have seen about every venue in Minnesota. We chose to have our wedding hours away from the cities because we were so in love with this venue. The staff is the friendly and incredibly helpful. We had so many compliments on how amazing... Read More the venue was and as a bride, it is amazing to have a space that doesn't require so much money for decor to make it beautiful. Our wedding couldn't have been more beautiful thanks to Greysolon Ballroom and their staff!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Corrie P

We had a New Year's Eve wedding in Greysolon's Moorish Room, and it was absolutely perfect! The wedding coordinator was so helpful with all aspects of planning, even going so far as to give us extra tips from her own wedding planning experience! The staff paid attention to every... Read More detail of our day, and the room exceeded my expectations when I saw it. On the day of our wedding, the management checked in with us frequently to make sure our needs were being met. We are so grateful to the Greysolon crew and would recommend them to anyone looking for an event venue!

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Leanne E

I had a Christmas wedding in the Moorish Room. Greysolon exceeded my expectations. Thank you for the most beautiful, memorable night of my life. This would not have happened with out the outstanding service and amenities Greysolon offers. Thank you for everything.

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Sara S

If I could give this venue 10 stars, I would. We worked with them on both our ceremony and reception. We went non-traditional with a Sunday afternoon ceremony and no room turnover (meaning: our guests sat at rounds of 8 for the ceremony and reception), which was SUPER... Read More successful. Jax and her team at Greysolon went above and beyond to make even our most unusual requests a tasteful, beautiful reality. Additionally, we opted for a Saturday night welcome event at the Blackwater Lounge, which is located in the same building and is operated by the same company. They made our whole weekend have an all-inclusive feel, which was a great asset for our many out-of-town and out-of-country guests. Kudos to the whole Greysolon/Blackwater establishment!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Miranda K

Greysolon is magical. I don’t have any other words to describe it. If I had to do this all over again I would choose it over and over. All the staff was wonderful from start to finish. Our wedding felt perfect because of the Greysolon team. I can’t thank them all enough for... Read More being the most incredible people out there. They made our wedding not only perfect but helped my dreams come true. I know this sounds cheesy but I have looked forward to this moment my entire life. I don’t think my imagination could top our day. I recommend this venue to anyone looking for a classy and romantic place in Duluth. It will take your breath away I promise.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ariana H

Greysolon was the perfect location for our wedding celebration! We chose to have our ceremony + reception in the ballroom. The planning and coordination was completed with ease. These folks are absolute PROS! Aside from the space being beautiful, the staff kept the whole day... Read More running smoothly. The food was delicious & they accommodated our beverage requests. The downtown historic location is ideal- with an attached parking ramp, hotel & just a short walk from the lake. A perfect choice for our beautiful, large wedding!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Mariah H

We had our wedding ( ceremony and reception) in the Moorish room and it was gorgeous! The staff ensured every detail went smooth from helping set up, to tear down at the end of the night. The food was amazing, and we received so many compliments from guests! We worked with... Read More mostly Korah, and she was great. I would highly recommend working with Greysolon for your wedding and/or reception. They are an all in one venue and the guests loved not having to travel.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kelly K

Jax, from Greysolon, was the most accommodating and understanding property manager I have ever worked with. She gave us great insight on how to host a wedding in Duluth and worked well with our budget to make sure that we had our dream wedding. Jax is one of those people that... Read More she does what she loves and every day she puts her heart into her clients. Although we had to switch our venue to the Twin Cities, I know Jax would have accommodated our every wish.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Wendy M

We were beyond pleased with the staff at the Greysolon Ballroom. We live in the twin cites so most of the planning was done via email, and all I can say is that it was SO EASY from beginning to end. They were able to take and accommodate all my requests with ease. The day of the... Read More wedding, any detail that had to be tweaked or changed, was done in an instant! Our day was so stress free! We will always recommend to future brides and grooms, for every single detail was perfect! Thank you to Jax, Kalysta, and our day-of-event manager Aubrey for making this such an unforgettable experience. Maybe a few years down the road, we'll renew our vows at our venue :)

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kelsey S

We had the most perfect wedding from beginning to end!!! I cannot say enough positive compliments about the Greysolon team and staff. From working with Jax when touring the ballroom, to Kalysta helping us plan every detail, to the day of managers- everyone was so easy to... Read More work with and always went above and beyond for even the smallest of details. The venue, food, and staff are hands down the best in the business and that is why we ended up going with Greysolon in the first place. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect team to help us have the wedding of our dreams!!! We are still receiving compliments from our guests!! Thank you all again for helping make our wedding so beyond special!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Alainy S

Getting married are greysolon Ballroom was something I had dreamed of since I was little. On August 12th, 2017 that dream came true and it was beyond amazing. The staff there were so wonderful, from the moment we booked with them all the way up until our special day was done... Read More they made sure we had everything we needed and that out special day was everything we dreamed of. The team they is perfection. They make your big day special to you, and rally ain't that what we all want? If you are thinking of Greysolon ballroom as your venue? Think no more. If you chose it you will not regret. I can promise you that. It was truly the most beautiful and amazing day of my life. Thank you to the staff at Greysolon- you all are amazing.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017

Greysolon Ballroom is an amazing venue for a wedding. The facility is gorgeous, the food was delicious, but the staff is the absolute best! Every single person we worked with from the initial contact, the planning stages, and most of all on our daughter's wedding day, was... Read More extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and very friendly. Thank you very much!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Stephanie N

Absolutely stunning venue and amazing people! My husband and I were so fortunate to stumble upon an ad for this location and inquire upon it. Jax, an absolutely wonderful lady, helped us navigate a date and gave us the extra push we needed to commit (our engagement had been a... Read More long one with two kids involved in that period so our wedding was constantly put on hold) and we are so thankful for that! We had a small intimate wedding in the moorish room and it was stunning! From the decor package to the ambiance the room gave off it was exactly the feel we envisioned! Kalysta, one of the coordinators, was absolutely a pleasure working with. I'm pretty indecisive and her ideas and suggestions made everything flow perfectly for our day! The process of planning two hours away was eased by the professionalism this team brought! I highly suggest this wedding venue. The price, professionalism from the staff and food were above and beyond our expectations. Even look into grooms dinner at this location- it was so beautiful and easy having it at the same location!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 McKenna H

This venue and the people who run it were absolutely WONDERFUL! They were so kind and considerate. Whenever I had a questions they were able to answer it in a very timely manner. I had the greatest experience working with them. The Ballroom was absolutely beautiful. I couldn't... Read More have asked for a more PERFECT and LOVELY day! Hats off to Greysolon Ballroom!!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Allison C

We planned our wedding at Greysolon from the Twin Cities as a "mini destination wedding." Although we weren't always proximal to Duluth, the planning process went very smoothly. From the start, Jax was just excellent, and Kalysta, Korah, and Aubrey as well. All of our... Read More correspondence and communications were clear and timely. It was easy to get ahold of staff and costs were transparent. Most importantly, the day of our wedding was incredibly smooth and FUN, even though we did ceremony and reception in the ballroom with a 45 minute room flip (NSE helped out) Mary and Aubrey were on site all day and extremely responsive and helpful, and the ballroom was truly STUNNING. I highly recommend attending the Greysolon vendor fair as well, which is where we found all of our vendors in one easy day and they were all excellent and surprisingly affordable. Our guests are still talking about what a fun day it was, how great the food and service was, and how stunning the venue was. We highly recommend this venue for your special day.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 LeeAnn A

Planning a wedding was such a scary thought to me. It seemed impossible. Jax and all the nice ladies that work their made this process so much less stressful and a breeze. I am from out of state and never even got to see the venue before the big day. I was completely blown... Read More away by the beauty of the Moorish room. The venue staff was so helpful setting up and the food and cake were amazing! I have not one bad thing to say about this venue. It's easy to plan and the room with duluth uplighting looks breath taking. Our wedding day was perfect and I'm so glad I had such helpful nice people to walk me though how to even begin planning.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

Where does one even start. When you are looking at spending over $20,000 you do expect top notch care. I fear that others are reviewing this vendor strictly on the atmosphere. Let me tell you all that was right, the atmosphere, what was wrong: Coat check girl was folding... Read More napkins the entire time. When I questioned her reply was "we have 8 weddings this weekend" needless to say no coats were checked nor were any gifts collected or cards correctly placed. The groom and men had to ask another to go and purchase them water, the food was lukewarm at best and one should NEVER put baked chicken strips into a warming over. It harkens to rubber and does not sit well with children, not to mention you should not feed children food that looks like the lunch lady scooped it. ie take the time and flatten your mashed potatoes- and is it really sanitary to carry uncovered food to over 200 people? Is it that much more expensive to have the silver tray covers? Do not set our your place settings prior to the tables being moved to say chaos ensured would be an understatement. Again, we were so disappointed and believe that in the twin cities this would NEVER be accepted. I feel the bride/groom should be reimbursed for the many failings on their special day....and I was just a guest!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Kelly W

Jax and her staff were the only venue to return my calls when I was looking for a venue in Duluth. They WANTED me as a customer! And what an UNBELIEVEABLE experience! Impeccable venue, food, service. Although they had weddings throughout the Greysolon, I was treated like the... Read More only customer. The whole team was on point- they knew my needs, my individual contract, I had NOTHING to worry about! They were also ALWAYS there for questions, concerns. They reached out to me when it was time to address certain aspects of my wedding. Oh yeah, you couldn't beat the price! Wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Candis R

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception here. They were very accommodating to all my requests and questions along on way. I always felt like we were really working as a team. They just wanted what I wanted. The day of the wedding was stress free. They were on top of... Read More all the details and checked in along the way to see if we needed anything. Everyone I worked with along the way were true professionals. Thanks for making my dreams come true!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Elise K

I cannot gush enough about Greysolon Ballroom itself and the staff there! We ended up booking a venue closer to our families but had been in contact with Jax at Greysolon over the past six weeks. The venue is beautiful and their prices are reasonable. Everyone I talked to was... Read More helpful and genuine. They are accommodating and excited for you. I would recommend them to anyone and am trying to find an excuse to throw a party there ASAP!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Meghan L

I'm towards the end of my planning and I cannot imagine doing any of it without Greysolon and their team. I have had some special requests such as having my own vegetarian meal item created and every stop of the eat they have told me that they are here to make my day the best.... Read More They have worked with every single request to find something that works for both of us. I highly highly recommend anyone in the Duluth area at least look into Greysolon for your venue. I cannot imagine better service. They exceeded every expectation. -- My wedding date has passed and Greysolon was absolutely wonderful for the day of. They even returned my cake stand for me after I had forgotten it there. They made the actual day go by without a hitch and without any added stress on me. I knew they were going to make my reception wonderful and they truly did.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Working with the Greysolon Ballroom team has been truly amazing! The sales team have been above and beyond on every level--suggestions about how to structure our wedding day beyond just the wedding details, tips and tricks about phones, and our family and friends to make it... Read More enjoyable for them as well... Things that I never even considered as a detail to planning a wedding. Woah! The insight their team shares with us is inspiring and relieving knowing we don't have to worry about any of these small details we didn't know existed. I'll recommend Greysolon to anyone! My fiancé and I couldn't be happier and cannot wait for our day there!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Meghan C

From the first meeting, to the final moments of our night, Greysolon Ballroom's staff exceeded our expectations. We always knew our experience was a top priority. It difficult to put a price tag on the amount of stress this venue alleviates, but not having to worry about the... Read More behind-the-scenes operations certainly provides incredible value. In the planning of our wedding, we worked primarily with Kalysta. She was OUTSTANDING!! It was such a relief to be able to email/call her with any concerns or questions and hear back in a timely manner. She certainly reduced and minimized the stress through the whole process. Greysolon Ballroom's unique venue was ideal. The space is so elegant, we did not have to invest a ton of time and energy into decorations. They even offer a reasonable center piece option in the contract (we opted out) to further reduce the time and energy required for set-up/tear down. In the weeks following the wedding, we have received many compliments pertaining to how beautiful our wedding was. I understand that dinner can always be a gamble at a wedding. Prior to booking at Greysolon, we had heard the food was good, but had never experienced it so we weren't sure what to expect. So far, I have yet to hear one negative bit of feedback on dinner. We went with the Champagne Chicken (house specialty) and the Roasted Pork Tenderloin. Both options were phenomenal. From the first table to receive their dinner to the last, the food was hot! This is even more impressive since our wedding party was lallygagging leading up to the grand march. I have years of service industry experience and I must say, the presentation and quality of dinner left nothing to be desired.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristin R

We had our reception in the ballroom and could not be more happy with our choice. We want to thank Jax, Kalysta, Melissa, Rachel, Korah, and the entire Greysolon staff for the wonderful work that they do! They are so helpful and provide support and suggestions without ever being... Read More pushy. They were attentive to every request and exceptionally quick to respond to emails and phone calls. About a week before our wedding I asked if they could get a wheelchair for my 86 year old grandpa as I knew it would be a long and exciting day. Korah and the staff responded quickly and not only found one, but had it waiting for my grandpa when my family checked in to the Sheraton. He was able to save energy to disco on the dance floor with all his grandchildren. I'm so grateful for both the beautiful, historic venue and the wonderful staff! I highly recommend them. Kristin and Ian

Meet The Director of Sales

Jax Eisenmann

I began working for Black Woods in 1993, 21 years ago. Before mysales position at Greysolon Ballroom I was the Sales Coordinator for Black Woods Event Center and Black Woods Catering. My expertise in wedding planning is beyond just the years I have been in this business, its in my heart and soul - I know i've planned over 1,000 weddings!! If you are looking for the expert knowledge, a true friend in planning and a leader in making the planning process easy - I know I can help you! It would be an honor to get to know you and be a part of your very special day! Can't wait to meet you!