Greysolon Ballroom by Black Woods

Greysolon Ballroom located in Duluth, MN, provides romantic ambience for any event. With a variety of rooms we can host intimate dinner parties or large-scale weddings. Black Woods' onsite catering and white glove service add to the experience. It is metropolitan sophistication within your budget.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

231 East Superior Street, Duluth, MN (218) 722-7466

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Elise K

I cannot gush enough about Greysolon Ballroom itself and the staff there! We ended up booking a venue closer to our families but had been in contact with Jax at Greysolon over the past six weeks. The venue is beautiful and their prices are reasonable. Everyone I talked to was... Read More helpful and genuine. They are accommodating and excited for you. I would recommend them to anyone and am trying to find an excuse to throw a party there ASAP!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Meghan L

I'm towards the end of my planning and I cannot imagine doing any of it without Greysolon and their team. I have had some special requests such as having my own vegetarian meal item created and every stop of the eat they have told me that they are here to make my day the best.... Read More They have worked with every single request to find something that works for both of us. I highly highly recommend anyone in the Duluth area at least look into Greysolon for your venue. I cannot imagine better service. They exceeded every expectation.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Working with the Greysolon Ballroom team has been truly amazing! The sales team have been above and beyond on every level--suggestions about how to structure our wedding day beyond just the wedding details, tips and tricks about phones, and our family and friends to make it... Read More enjoyable for them as well... Things that I never even considered as a detail to planning a wedding. Woah! The insight their team shares with us is inspiring and relieving knowing we don't have to worry about any of these small details we didn't know existed. I'll recommend Greysolon to anyone! My fiancé and I couldn't be happier and cannot wait for our day there!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Meghan C

From the first meeting, to the final moments of our night, Greysolon Ballroom's staff exceeded our expectations. We always knew our experience was a top priority. It difficult to put a price tag on the amount of stress this venue alleviates, but not having to worry about the... Read More behind-the-scenes operations certainly provides incredible value. In the planning of our wedding, we worked primarily with Kalysta. She was OUTSTANDING!! It was such a relief to be able to email/call her with any concerns or questions and hear back in a timely manner. She certainly reduced and minimized the stress through the whole process. Greysolon Ballroom's unique venue was ideal. The space is so elegant, we did not have to invest a ton of time and energy into decorations. They even offer a reasonable center piece option in the contract (we opted out) to further reduce the time and energy required for set-up/tear down. In the weeks following the wedding, we have received many compliments pertaining to how beautiful our wedding was. I understand that dinner can always be a gamble at a wedding. Prior to booking at Greysolon, we had heard the food was good, but had never experienced it so we weren't sure what to expect. So far, I have yet to hear one negative bit of feedback on dinner. We went with the Champagne Chicken (house specialty) and the Roasted Pork Tenderloin. Both options were phenomenal. From the first table to receive their dinner to the last, the food was hot! This is even more impressive since our wedding party was lallygagging leading up to the grand march. I have years of service industry experience and I must say, the presentation and quality of dinner left nothing to be desired.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristin R

We had our reception in the ballroom and could not be more happy with our choice. We want to thank Jax, Kalysta, Melissa, Rachel, Korah, and the entire Greysolon staff for the wonderful work that they do! They are so helpful and provide support and suggestions without ever being... Read More pushy. They were attentive to every request and exceptionally quick to respond to emails and phone calls. About a week before our wedding I asked if they could get a wheelchair for my 86 year old grandpa as I knew it would be a long and exciting day. Korah and the staff responded quickly and not only found one, but had it waiting for my grandpa when my family checked in to the Sheraton. He was able to save energy to disco on the dance floor with all his grandchildren. I'm so grateful for both the beautiful, historic venue and the wonderful staff! I highly recommend them. Kristin and Ian

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Krystin J

We recently had our wedding reception in the Moorish Room at Greysolon Plaza. I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for all of the staff's hard work. Kalysta and Korah, as well as our event manager and catering team were absolutely amazing to work with. Kalysta and... Read More Korah were so thoughtful and offered such a personalized approach. They were able to capture our vision and turn it into a reality. The staff went above and beyond to ensure a stress-free planning process as well as wedding day. I highly recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding if you are looking for a beautiful, elegant, timeless and stress-free venue.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Kharissa J

Unfortunately, I was unable to book with this venue due to a conflict with my date and another, already booked wedding. However, I must say that these people were exceptionally quick to respond and provided me with pictures of the venue options and very detailed information and... Read More pricing. I am very grateful for their conscientious handling of communication and am very disappointed that the date did not work out. I would have loved to have my wedding here and to have been able to work further with these people.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Katie K

We really wanted a beach destination wedding but we also wanted a turnkey event where once ours guests were there- they didn't need to leave. Greysolon offered a fabulous location next to water photo ops and a beautiful ceremony/reception space. Our experience with Aubrey,... Read More Rachel, Korah, Kaylsta and Jax was fantastic. They were super responsive, helpful, fun and great to us, our family and our vendors. Thank you very much for a lovely time and the night of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Haley M

My husband and I loved our experience working with everyone at the Greysolon. They answered every question, every phone call and every email. They worked so well with my wedding coordinator and every vendor we hired. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't have gotten... Read More married anywhere else.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

My husband Dave and I had our reception At Greysolon Ballroom and food by Blackwoods. Our wedding was in June and we were so impressed with the wedding planners, the staff, the venue and the food. The wedding planners were amazing and couldn't do enough for us! They were with... Read More us every step of the way. The staff that worked with us in the morning as we brought items in for set-up were amazing. The venue was absolutely beautiful! We would highly recommend having your wedding and/or reception at Greysolon!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Chelsea L

I cannot rave enough about Greysolon Plaza. We had our reception in the ballroom on June 25th,2016 and were just blown away. From day one, our wedding planning experience was personalized and special. Kalysta and Jax did everything possible to bring our vision to life and were... Read More just a pleasure to work with. On the actual wedding day, the staff was beyond attentive and helpful. Greysolon and their staff offer a "homey" atmosphere that you don't find every day. We are still receiving compliments on our food- everything was delicious. I could go on and on, honestly. It was the most amazing day of our lives and it wouldn't have been the same anywhere else. You will not be disappointed if you go with Greysolon.

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Kaylee N

We cannot say enough amazing things about the Greysolon Ballroom venue and staff! Kalysta was so thoughtful and incredible through out the entire wedding planning process, she felt like family by the end of our experience. I cannot tell you the amount of compliments we have... Read More received about our wedding. We had our ceremony and reception in the ballroom. The day went so smoothly from start to finish. The space was absolutely gorgeous! The food was amazing, people are still talking about it! We had the Italian buffet with manicotti, lasagna, spaghetti, Alfredo, ceaser salad and added the champagne chicken... It was truly delicious! We also did the late night pizzas which were my husbands favorite! We got ready in the bridal suite and the new grooms quarters and had mimosas and pales of ale. We also had the chicken salad sandwhiches, ham sandwhiches and pasta salad which our bridal party loved! Right after the ceremony the bridal party all went straight down stairs to the martini lounge while the guest started cocktail hour. It was such a nice way to take a quick breather right after the ceremony before greeting all the guests-I highly recommend doing this! To make it even better the Greysolon team give you 50 $5 off drink tickets for the black water lounge and $100 gift card so this covered everyone's martinis or two and beverages during this time so that we could just leave the bartenders a nice tip! Everything was so well planned and easy going my husband and I really were able to just sit back and take in all of the love around us. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married! It was beautiful, elegant and priced very reasonably for all that is included!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2016 Annika W

We were married at Greysolon Plaza in the Moorish Room last fall and I can't say enough wonderful things about the venue and staff. Kalysta and team went above and beyond to ensure an easy planning process and a truly memorable wedding day. I will forever recommend Greysolon -... Read More such an amazing experience.

Reviewed on 12/01/2015

If you are having trouble deciding on a venue, let me make the decision easy for you: CHOOSE THE GREYSOLON BALLROOM. You will NOT regret it. Here's why: 1) The venue is (obviously) GORGEOUS. Large chandeliers, detailed ceilings, hardwood floors, beautiful groom suite and bridal... Read More suite, unique restrooms, and so much more. 2) Save money on decor. This place is so beautiful on its own that you don't need to spend a ton of money on flowers, centerpieces, etc. Embrace the gold and ivory tones in the venue and add in a few DIYs, you're good to go! 3) The Greysolon staff and catering team are phenomenal! We received several compliments from our guests about the fast service, tasty food, and great drinks. (Tip: Try the Cucumber Press!) 4) Kalysta, Jax, and the entire crew will make your wedding planning easy and fun. We planned our wedding from Minneapolis and did everything via email or over the phone. From the first planning call to the day-of details, they made sure everything was PERFECT. Kalysta and her team absolutely blew me away on the day of our wedding. 5) Budget-friendly, but looks fancy! Jax and Kalysta will work within your budget. They are never pushy and have great suggestions for food, beverage, and decor options to meet your needs. I am so lucky that I had my dream wedding at the Greysolon! Cheers!

Best day ever

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Brianna B

We recently had our wedding ceremony a reception at the Moorish Room at Greysolon Plaza. One word describes our experience...FLAWLESS! From the time that we booked our venue the staff was wonderful. Quick to respond to my emails all along the way, no matter how small or large my... Read More request. The staff on the day of the event was wonderful, so helpful and accommodating. There was no stress on me or my husband on our wedding day. I would highly recommend having a wedding here. The Moorish Room was so beautiful that we didn't need much for decor. A must see for sure.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Audrey T

Greysolon Ballroom by Blackwoods went above and beyond for my wedding. I would highly recommend this beautiful venue to everyone! The planning for our wedding was incredibly smooth and helpful for us because we can be indecisive. Jax helped us in so many ways from food decisions... Read More to décor ideas. The day of the wedding was flawless and without a hitch because the staff and team at Greysolon Ballroom are top notch. The food was delicious and would highly recommend late night snacks! We could not have had such a beautiful day without the staff at Greysolon ballroom.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 stephanie h

Thismis the best place for a wedding in Duluth! They took care of everything from the food, to the centerpieces, to finding a new DJ for us when the original called to cancel 2 hours before our ceremony!! The staff there is so experienced and well trained & did I mention that... Read More the ballroom is the most beautiful place in Duluth!! We couldn't be happier with our choice! Thank you for making our day as perfect as possible!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Paige M

I cannot rave enough about this venue. All the staff at Greysolon were so helpful in making our day so special! Throughout planning there was staff available to speak with and offer suggestions, and that made planning so much easier! Having never planned a wedding before it was... Read More so appreciated. I still have guests raving about the Staff and how helpful and professional they were! My Matron of Honor continues to tell me she has "dreams about the chicken." All guests say they left feeling full and loving the food! The service was impeccable, I wish I only had more reasons to have a huge party so I could have it at this venue! The venue itself is so beautiful! Thank you all Greysolon Staff for making our wedding simply amazing.

Greysolon Ballroom should be your venue!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Courtney L

We cannot say enough positive things about Greysolon. Everything about this venue is amazing! If you want to have the most beautiful wedding, you need to choose Greysolon to be your venue! First, the building itself is beautiful and classic. The Ballroom is the most... Read More beautiful venue I have ever seen. All of our guests couldn't believe the beauty of the venue. Second, the staff are the most amazing group of people to work with. Jax & Kalysta will help you with everything. They are always willing to walk you through anything, update any changes you need to make, answer any questions you have. They are the most sincere ladies and they made our planning process so easy and painless. Jessica was so incredibly invaluable to me on our wedding day. She made sure I had everything I wanted or needed and continued to be there for anything that came up on the wedding day. Jessica stood by my side until I walked through the Ballroom doors to walk down the aisle. Every single person we encountered at Greysolon was so polite and genuine. You will be amazed by just how nice everyone is from the office staff to the bartenders to the clean up crew to the chef. Third, the experience was amazing and beyond our expectations. Greysolon used to be the Duluth Hotel in the 1920's and still holds the same classic charm. The chandeliers are amazing! We had a cocktail hour in the West Wing Lounge with cocktails and white glove buttered hors d'oeurvres that blew everyone away. You cannot have a more classy experience than Greysolon. You will be in awe of the venue as soon as you walk through the front door. Fourth, the food was so fantastic! Greysolon helped us customize our menu to suit us. We had a duet of Champagne Chicken & Filet Mignon which were both amazing! We could not have asked for anything better. The food was so delicious Everyone was so nice to us. Our wedding day would not have been the same without the Greysolon venue & staff. Every single person we encountered was so nice, polite, and professional. Greysolon is worth every single penny we spent on our wedding. You will NOT be disappointed in any way, shape, or form. You will have an amazing wedding experience choosing them. They made our day amazing and made us feel so special to them. We could not have asked for anything more!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Tom F

We were married in The Ballroom a few weeks back and words cannot express how incredibly amazingly awesome our experience was with Greysolon. As a gay couple we were a bit hesitant on Duluth but our misconceptions were blown out of the water by everyone we worked with... Read More throughout the process. From our first visit we felt a connection with Jax and the team, like they had been lifelong friends. The year long planning process was painless because they were so fun, caring, creative, and filled with helpful ideas. When it came time for the wedding Kalysta and crew talked us through every detail, coordinated with all our vendors, and ensured that everything was perfect! Planning from the cities was never an issue because the crew at Greysolon was all over the details. The weekend of our wedding The Ballroom was even more beautiful and stunning than we every imagined. We hosted signature martinis and did butler-served apps during the cocktail hour...our guests are still talking about it. Every aspect of service was perfect - greeters, bartenders, butlers, servers, gift/coat-check attendant, etc. Guests all raved at how nice everyone was and the great service they received all night. We had ~150 people and were worried the room would feel empty but they brought in some extra furniture and setup conversation nooks, it worked great and felt very cozy. Duluth was a perfect mini-destination from the Cities and guests were thrilled that they made a weekend out of it. We would HIGHLY recommend the Greysolon for any event, but especially for a wedding. Ours was absolutely perfect and a dream come true. THANK YOU to Jax, Kalysta, and they entire team who made our dreams to life!

Greysolon - Moorish Room

Reviewed on 9/08/2015

Our Ceremony and Reception both were held in the Greysolon - Moorish Room. The space was BEAUTIFUL and really wowed our guests! The flip between Ceremony and Reception was really seamless and quick - no one even knew it was happening as we were all out on the Veranda with... Read More cocktails! THANK YOU GREYSOLON!

Hands down, AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Jenna E

Greysolon Ballroom by Blackwoods and all of it's staff is one word...PERFECTION!

Greysolon Ballroom is a MUST

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Jenna E

As soon as I walked into the Greysolon Ballroom I knew, this is where I have to get married. It is so stunning, and aside from that EVERYONE who works there is helpful, knowledgeable, efficient, supportive, and amazing. I developed close friendships with the ladies in charge and... Read More I know they treat all brides with respect as they did me. Everything was taken care of down to the smallest details and I feel SO lucky to be able to say I got married here!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Lindsey K

We recently got married at the Greysolon in the upstairs ballroom. From start to finish, everything was absolutely PERFECT! Kalysta and Jax helped us every step of the way, and on the big day the entire staff went above and beyond to make sure things went smoothly. We could not... Read More have asked for a better venue for our wedding or for better people to work with. The Greysolon truly is a magical location and our guests would not stop talking about how great the venue, food, and drinks were. We cannot thank the staff enough for making our day so perfect!

Friday Evening Wedding July 31st, 2015

Reviewed on 8/16/2015

We had a wonderful ceremony and reception at the Greysolon. Kalysta helped us to bring it together. She made sure that we had our own personal touches and filled in any other areas with great recommendations. We had the duet meal which got rave reviews from our guests. They also... Read More really loved the Greysolon's white chocolate and raspberry cake. The whole experience was as stress-free and smooth as it could be. I would recommend this venue and staff to any couple or family looking to put together an important event. Everything was top notch.

Meet The Director of Sales

Jax Eisenmann

I began working for Black Woods in 1993, 21 years ago. Before mysales position at Greysolon Ballroom I was the Sales Coordinator for Black Woods Event Center and Black Woods Catering. My expertise in wedding planning is beyond just the years I have been in this business, its in my heart and soul - I know i've planned over 1,000 weddings!! If you are looking for the expert knowledge, a true friend in planning and a leader in making the planning process easy - I know I can help you! It would be an honor to get to know you and be a part of your very special day! Can't wait to meet you!