Groove Place Dance Horn Band

PA, DE, MD, NJ, NY

PA, DE, MD, NJ, NY

Groove Place LLC. is Philadelphia's Hottest Dance Horn Band! Groove Place creates lasting memories one reception at a time!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock

Live Music, MC Services

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

PA, DE, MD, NJ, NY (484) 459-0101

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

AMAZING! We booked Groove Place based on their reviews and videos. It was a leap of faith that paid off! From the very first correspondence with Dana we were extremely pleased and knew we made the right decision. His response time is like no other. His ability to get a feel for... Read More us and the atmosphere was top notch. The day of the wedding went perfect. They didn't miss a beat. I had no idea they even took a break! We have a large family, full of energy and they matched it. The dance floor was packed the entire night! our family favorite was Sweet Caroline. We do this at every family wedding... And there's been many. Everyone said this was the very best! My guess is neighbors for miles would say the same thing. All of the thank you's and goodnight's at the end of the night had mention of how unbelievable the band was. We are so incredibly grateful to have chosen Groove Place. We feel like our family has grown. Much love! Shannon & Jamie Shultz

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Erin M

Groove Place played at my sister's wedding 6 years ago and my family STILL talks about how it was the most they've ever danced at a wedding. So when it came time to book a band for my wedding, Groove Place was the only option! From our first meeting with Dana we knew we were in... Read More good hands - he is so friendly, funny, and really knows what he's doing. Even with my countless emails leading up to the wedding he happily responded to each one! He spent time really listening to us and offered great advice from timeline logistics to song recommendations. They know exactly how to keep the momentum going at a party! Groove Place really goes above and beyond to make your day special and personal. My fiance surprised me by playing a beautiful piano song - Dana had been secretly working with him to make sure it was absolutely perfect! My wedding also happened to fall on the day of the Fiesta Bowl, so when Penn State won the band immediately played the fight song - everyone loved it! They learned a few songs for us and played them beautifully (including our bridal party entrance songs). Our first dance was to a Queen song and the band absolutely KILLED it! The dance floor was full the entire night - guests who claimed they "don't dance" couldn't tear themselves away. Dana and the band really made us feel so special and made our wedding absolutely perfect. Thank you Groove Place!!

This group is the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lauren B

I have only positive things to say about Groove Place. From start to finish they were absolutely great to work with! Dana, the band manager is so organized. He has quick responses and always give the details necessary; he is concise and to the point but detailed enough to know... Read More exactly what is going on. The planning process was wonderful, we did not know what to expect but Groove Place knows what they are doing and helped us through every step of the way! The day of the wedding, I was so distracted with everything going on and I did not have to think about the band. When we came into the reception, the leader of the band came to check in with us and his confidence and calmness took all of my cares away and I knew that I was in good hands! The presentation of all the names - and we had some difficult names - was absolutely flawless and each transition was smooth and they were flexible even when we asked to change something up at the last minute. The band could read the crowd and kept everyone dancing the entire time. They played songs that such a huge range of people wanted to dance to. Out on the dance floor were young adults, children, and grandparents. Groove Place knows how to party! My dad, who was the most skeptical about the band, said that getting the band was THE best decision we made, he said he could not have been happier about their professionalism and performance. Everyone was telling us at the wedding how much they loved the band and they still talk about it - two years later! Having Groove Place play at our wedding is the best decision we made :)

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Lin L

Groove Place was AMAZING! So easy to work with, very responsive, and they truly know their craft. They definitely transformed the atmosphere of the reception, and we received MANY compliments about the band and the music at and since the reception! Hiring this band was... Read More definitely one of the wisest decision we made about the wedding.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Becca V

Groove Place absolutely crushed it at our wedding. They played great sets and kept everyone on the dance floor all night! They were professional and kind, from the original open house they had to display their talents, to the personal meeting with Dana discussing our idea of... Read More good dance music and specialty songs! They learned our song for us, which is super obscure, and they did a beautiful job performing it. On top of it all, they were affordable, especially for a 10 piece horn band! I have to believe part of this is because you aren't going through an entertainment company, which also adds the personal touch. By the end of the night Groove Place felt like part of the family, we absolutely loved having them at our wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Meghan B

There are so many wonderful things I could say about Groove Place, that it's hard to know where to start. We knew after hearing the band play their first song at their showcase that they were the band for us! Dana was an absolute pleasure to work with, always reassuring us that... Read More everything was going to work out seamlessly. The night of our wedding, they absolutely blew us away! The music was incredible and they kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. Our guests had nothing but great things to say like they felt like they were at their own personal concert & the music choices were so good that they didn't want to leave the dance floor. I would 100% recommend Groove Place to anyone considering hiring a band for their special day!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Gina T

Dana and his crew were wonderful to work with. On the day of the wedding they arrived on time and set up sound for the outdoor ceremony...all during a heat advisory and epic humidity. We didn't have to worry about a thing! During the reception my maid of honor decided to rap and... Read More the band backed her up with a beat on the spot! They learned a few songs outside of their rep just for our reception and played them beautifully. Everyone was on the floor all night and we received multiple compliments on the music selection and the energy of the band! Thank you Groove Place for making it a night to remember!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Kristen F

I think I speak for everyone when I say we were blown away by you and your bands performance! I knew you guys would be good, but I had no idea you would be that great! The love train with the horns going in the loft, and your solos right in the middle of the crowd was... Read More awesome. The songs you played could not have been picked better. The fact that you guys learned Radar love complete with the guitar and drum solos was icing on the cake that we will never forget. You really did make the night even more special for us and we truly appreciate it. You were great to work with. We could tell from the start that you were the right choice and we never second guessed that. You put us at ease during the planning stages and totally blew the roof off the barn. We will definitely be giving you the highest praise possible on the wedding sites and please let us know any other way we can help by being a reference etc.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kim R

Groove Place Dance Horn Band did an amazing job for us at our wedding that took place at the Horticulture Center. in Fairmount Park. From their showcase, planning along the way, and finally to our wedding, they kept everything going smoothly and kept our guests on their feet!... Read More We would definitely recommend Dana and his band. Dana is very accommodating and his main focus to make sure everyone is engaged and having fun dancing the night away. Groove Place Dance and Horn Band learned new songs for our special dances that weren't on their playlist and performed them beautifully. They even were nice enough to end the night with an encore in tribute to my parents, that was a touching surprise and an excellent conclusion to a "Wonderful Night." Do yourself a favor and book them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Jill S

Based on multiple recommendations from family members and experiencing Groove Place at their weddings, we knew Groove Place had to be the entertainment for our wedding. We were beyond thrilled by Dana's enthusiasm while working with us. 5 stars does not seem enough to rate how... Read More wonderful Groove Place is. From the elegant dinner music to the Love Train (my favorite part) and learning our first dance and getting the most people to the dance floor I have seen, I would highly recommend Groove Place to anyone who puts a priority to the entertainment at their wedding! To Dana and the gang, thanks so much, you are simply the best! Love Jill and Joe Sessa

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Sarah B

I knew Groove Place is a great band, because I heard them a year earlier at my cousin's wedding, but they exceeded every expectation I had. Dana was a pleasure to work with - very professional and detail-oriented, yet easygoing. They have an extensive, constantly-updating... Read More repertoire and plenty of old/new songs from which to choose a "must play" list, but they really know how to read and play to the crowd. They kept the dance floor packed all night long with guests from all generations. We are actually still getting compliments and rave reviews on the band from our guests! You will NOT be disappointed with Groove Place!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Amy L

If you're looking for an amazing wedding band look no further!! Groove place is absolutely amazing and we couldn't have thought of another band to have had at our wedding. Everyone in the band are super sweet and they really get into it! Near the end of the night they called my... Read More husband up on stage and had him sing with the lead singer to one of his favorite songs! A memory I will never forget and thank them for. Everyone I speak to now comments on how awesome they were and how many songs they know. By far the best band to book for your wedding or any other event! :)

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Gabrielle F

The Groove Place ROCKED our wedding reception (and ceremony!) in Avalon, NJ! They got everyone on the dance floor with a mix of current songs and the oldies everyone loves! They did an amazing job, and everyone mentioned how much they LOVED the band! Thank you, Groove Place!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Joy P

Groove Place was one of the first bands recommended to us for our wedding (they have already done several other family weddings), but of course, we did our research and checked out a few showcases. It didn't take us long to realize that the first choice was the best choice! Not... Read More only for the quality of music and entertainment, but also for the price! They were an incredible 10 piece band. We had a wedding of over 200 guests and everyone was having an absolute blast. Their catalog was extensive and covered a very wide range of styles (which was crucial considering the age range of our guests). I cannot recommend this band enough! Do yourself a favor an check out one of their showcases before booking with anyone else.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Rachel W

Groove Place was very responsive to our requests, even re-learning a song at our request, they had a diverse range of music and did a wonderful job interacting with the crowd and keeping everyone energized and having a great time. Even 5 months after our wedding we still hear... Read More about how much people loved the band at our wedding, in fact many people said they were the best wedding band they had ever experienced. They also preformed at our ceremony and did a great job, even in the rain. They were definitely worth every penny and we would suggest them to anyone looking for a great live band for their event.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Patricia O

If you are looking for a band that will keep your guests up dancing all night, entertainment that will have your guests singing along with the music, and musicians and vocalists who give 200 percent all night long, then look no further. The Groove Place has now played for two... Read More of our daughters' weddings and we have been thrilled with their performance both times. Again, and again, our guests told us how much they loved the band and the way the musicians connected with the audience, who continued to request encores even after the reception was over. They are the absolute best ever!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Katie R

First and foremost, booking Groove Place was the best decision we made. We booked Groove Place without seeing them in advance or word of mouth, but based on their amazing reviews, great youtube demos, and really versatile song list. They were amazing at our wedding! The band... Read More absolutely rocked and got everybody in the place dancing with gusto. I had several people come up to me and ask if the band would play in NY (for their wedding or son or daughter's wedding). A few people told me it was the best wedding band they've ever heard! Dana (the band leader) was very communicative, forthright and pleasant to deal with in planning the songs and order etc. He has a really nice disposition and I enjoyed working with him and never had to worry for a second about the reliability of the band. They absolutely rocked! I would unequivocally endorse them and recommend Groove Place!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Christine R

We recently hired Groove Place for our wedding, and have nothing but great things to say. They upped the energy of the wedding crowd, and played both classic and modern hits. Both the male and female leads were excellent singers, and the horn players made the dance floor extra... Read More special. I highly recommend this band for your next event, and I would highly suggest booking all 10 pieces. The horns are worth it!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Heather M

Groove Place was amazing! As soon as we heard them play at their showcase, we knew we wanted them to play at our wedding - and we are so happy they did!! Everyone was on the dance floor all night. We are still getting compliments about how great our band was. They learned a... Read More special song for us for our first dance, and kept people happy the entire evening. Thank you for an amazing night, the band really turned our wedding reception into a party!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016

On a scale of 1-10, Groove Place is a 100! I cannot give them a higher recommendation: from their performance, to the ease of dealing with them, to their wonderful personality and character, Groove Place is outstanding. They are the absolute best band I have heard at a wedding... Read More or worked with for a special event. Their song selection is fantastic, and they work closely with you to make sure you have all the songs you love as well as songs to fit the preferences of the crowd in attendance. Dana also worked with us to come up with a good schedule for the night, and he even made a custom song for our first dance. The energy of Dana and the band is amazing; he had all of our guests (of all ages!) up and dancing all night. Dana also does really killer versions of The best proof of how much we loved them is the fact that not only have they played my wedding, but they played at my sister's wedding, many family members wedding's, and ton of friends' wedding and parties. Each and every time they play an event for my family and friends, they are outstanding. You absolutely cannot go wrong by choosing them -- not only are we so happy with their performance, we consider Dana, the band leader, a friend :)

They made the night memorable

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Melissa S

Dana and his team were super accommodating and flexible, and the dance floor was packed the entire wedding. So many compliments on the band. Would (and already have) recommended to friends.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 shannon w

Groove Place made our wedding extra special and memorable. Ever guest (and I mean ever single person!) was on the dance floor all night long. Dana was a pleasure to work with as he was super flexible and professional. He listened to the types of songs my husband and I wanted and... Read More created an amazing playlist. Groove Place knows how to get everyone on the dance floor and more importantly, their talents keep guests of all ages dancing. I would highly recommend Groove Place and Dana to anyone looking for an incredible experience where all guests will talk about the wedding and band for years to come!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Amanda R

Thank you Groove Place for making our wedding a night to remember. Everyone raved about how great Groove Place was and I still here about it 4 months later. Thank you so much Jamie and Dana for making the process easy and fun. Thanks again, I recommend Groove Place to everyone I... Read More know that wants a band.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Maggie N

We could not have been happier with Groove Place and the entertainment they provided on our wedding day! They were the single best decision we made while planning our wedding after hearing great reviews from another couple who used them. The dance floor was packed the entire... Read More night, the timing of everything worked out perfectly, and everyone had a blast! We can't tell you how many of our guests raved about the band and told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. They knew just what to play to keep the crowd dancing and the party going all night. You would be lucky and smart to have Groove Place play at your own event. We wish we could relive ours!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Margaret W

The band rocked it out. They played a variety of the songs we requested and ended up playing longer than we payed them for. Jamie is so easy to work with, and she really gets the crowd involved. They even learned a handful of songs that we couldn't live without!! They're the... Read More best.