Herrington on the Bay

North Beach, MD

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Waterfront Weddings at Herrington on the Bay

We are the Chesapeake Bay’s premiere, eco-lifestyle waterfront event venue and full service, custom caterer. In addition to our private waterfront venues and beautifully landscaped ceremony lawns with pristine bay views, we offer custom-designed menus and event planning services to suit the needs of every couple!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

7151 Lake Shore Drive, North Beach, MD (800) 213-9438

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Courtney W

I had my wedding here on 9.25.16 and it was everything and more I could have ever imagined. My dream wedding came to life thanks to the wonderful staff at Herrington on the Bay. From our first meeting with Mary (Event Designer) we felt right at home and they made us feel so... Read More special. We continued to plan and work with our event coordinator, Jordyn who was absolutely fantastic! I can't begin to tell you how amazing Jordyn and the team at HOB was. From ensuring all of our decor and centerpieces were set up, to coordinating the ceremony, and keeping us on track throughout the reception, they were wonderful in every aspect. They always ensured my Husband and I had a drink in our hand and made sure we were doing okay, had plenty of food and apps. They were so genuine and helpful and I couldn't have imagined having a better team to host our wedding and help be a part of it. Mary, Jordyn, and the team at Herrington on The Bay know how to do weddings and I would recommend them to anyone thinking about a wedding here. The planning process was so easy due to their expertise and professionalism. We had our ceremony at the Polynesian Lawn and reception in the Paradise ballroom and it was the perfect bayside wedding that we had always dreamed of. We really lucked out with the weather and the venue was just gorgeous this time of year, you barely need any other decorations with this beautiful venue and landscaping. We loved every minute of it! Thank you HOB for everything you made our special day unbelievable! We can't wait to go back for our anniversary :)

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

My husband and I are still receiving compliments on our wedding ceremony and venue! This was such a positive experience from start to finish. The staff was amazing and guided us through the entire process. I really have nothing negative to say. The food was delicious, and... Read More the ceremony and reception site was beautiful and well maintained. We are so happy with our decision to have our wedding here!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

We could not be more ecstatic in choosing Harrington on the bay for our wedding. We were able to receive our Caribbean wedding right here in Maryland. Everything was above and beyond our expectations, to the point where I wish we could have our wedding here every year :) All of... Read More the staff at the Harrington truly blew us away, with their professionalism, kindness, knowledge and the best of all how genuine everyone was. We worked directly with Jessie and Brittany and I can honestly say we have never seen any two people with such passion for what they do. They were amazing from the beginning to the end of our wedding process. Brittany and Jessie made everything seem seamless. I was able to contact them anytime with any questions or concerns that I had big or small. We will especially miss the tasty sweet treats and snacks the chefs prepared for us when we met with them. We would love to give a huge thank you and big hug to the entire Harrington on the Bay staff for making our wedding so special.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Meghan L

Herrington gave us the wedding of our dreams! We got married over Labor Day weekend in 2017 - wanting a mini destination wedding weekend, coming from PA. Not only did Herrington work with us throughout the process being a bit further away but they were incredibly responsive,... Read More helpful and informative every step of the way. We worked with Brielle as our event designer - she provided fantastic recommendations for vendors within our budget, timeline, menu, floor plan and more. She answered all of my many questions and spent all the time we needed finalizing every detail - even helping us with a rehearsal dinner and other weekend events. We cannot thank Brielle enough for helping us create the wedding vision I had in my head! We worked with Heather as our day of coordinator - she was fabulous- helping set up all the decorations I had planned and provided and patiently making sure she understood everything we wanted to have included in our reception. I would recommend Herrington time and time again!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Katy W

There really aren't words to describe how absolutely FLAWLESS our wedding was, and it's all thanks to Herrington. Brielle was so wonderful and I have to say that she felt like a friend throughout the entire process. We planned a NYE wedding in about 6 months, which seemed... Read More daunting, but with their help it felt so easy and stress free. Everyone from the owner and chefs to the bar and waitstaff the day of our wedding went above and beyond to make our day perfect. But, the best part was working with Brielle and Heather who figured out what we wanted when we really didn't even know and led us through the entire process. My grandmother ended up in the hospital the night of the rehearsal, so my plans to put batteries in and set clocks with my bridal party fell apart and Brielle and Heather got it all done when I dropped everything on their lap the day of the wedding. I really cannot sing their praises loud enough. EVERYTHING was perfect. Our family and friends have not stopped raving about this being the best wedding they have ever attended, and we could not agree more. The vendors Herrington recommends, the food, the service, and the love and joy in this establishment are absolutely unparalleled! If you want your day to be perfect, book with them. I promise you that they are worth every penny and you will get much more than you are hoping for! I only wish we could do it all over again! Thank you everyone at Herrington on the Bay. You made our day the best day ever and I can never find the words to express our gratitude for all your hard work. You all are the best in the industry!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Shreya P

Such a beautiful venue and exceptional service! The team at Herrington on the Bay helped us plan the wedding of our dreams and accommodated for our traditional Indian wedding. Even when plans had to change last minute due to the weather, they took care of everything so that we... Read More wouldn't have to worry on our big day. We plan on coming back to visit and celebrate anniversaries and for mini vacations :)

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Elizabeth N

We had our wedding at Herrington on 11-10-17 and I can honestly say words can not describe how happy we are with the way everything went and much of that is due to this venue and their staff! First, the venue is gorgeous (and their "rain" plan ability is awesome too -- we moved... Read More the ceremony indoors the morning of the wedding) but more importantly, the staff is amazing to work with and make you feel at ease throughout the entire process. We had the opportunity to work with Mary from the moment we first toured the venue and she made everything so easy. Not only did she make sure we had everything in line with the venue, she also ensured we had all the other vendors lined up in a timely manner. This was amazing and a key part to our planning since we planned our wedding in a little under 4 months. As the wedding grew closer we started to work with Gina and once again were amazed at how great this staff is! Throughout the event, my husband and I never had to ask for anything, the VIP server was on top of it and Gina had the answers before we even asked a question -- she even handed me a cup of hot cider as we walked in the venue from taking photos in the 30 degree weather. We can not say enough about how much we recommend this venue for your wedding. Herrington Staff, Mary, and Gina, we are so happy we got to work with you to make our dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Erica R

Our wedding was on 10/29/2017. Even though it rained on our wedding day, Herrington did an absolutely amazing job adjusting and we had a lovely wedding indoors with the sailboats in the background. When we first were looking for venues, we saw Herrington online and decided to go... Read More take a look (no appointment or anything). We walked in and they treated us so nicely. Mary (our future event designer) had a break in her day and took her free time to talk to us about the wedding and tell us about their venue. Then Chef Matt had some food cooking in the kitchen and offered us some appetizers! They were absolutely delicious and their peach bellinis are to die for. They truly went above and beyond the moment we stepped foot on their grounds. Their professionalism, kindness, flexibility, and creativity made us feel confident that they were the best venue for us and they did not let us down. We highly recommend this venue to anyone who is considering getting married in the Maryland area. Our guests said how it was the best wedding buffet food they have ever had and the area was absolutely gorgeous. Everyone had a great time and said it was a wedding to remember.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Lindsay L

We had our wedding here on 9/30/17 and were beyond pleased with our experience! We were taken care of and guided along the way, as well as nerves eased as we approached the date, to make sure every detail was in place and perfect. We were pleasantly surprised and cherished the... Read More alone time we were able to get where we ate some appetizers before joining the reception guests. It was such an emotional day and that moment that Herrington allowed us to have was incredible! We can't thank them enough for the great services and experience we and our guests had at the wedding/reception. Would recommend to anyone looking for a gorgeous venue that really does aim to make the planning process enjoyable!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Katie Y

We just got married at Herrington and it could not have been more perfect! We had our ceremony outside on Polynesian lawn and our reception in the Paradise Ballroom, both were so beautiful. Brittany was our planner with the help of Heather. Both of them were so accommodating... Read More and helpful throughout the whole process and fantastic on the day of the wedding. Brittany walked us through the entire process and helped us figure out solutions to problems we came across during the planning (and kept me from panicking). I know everyone says that one thing always goes wrong on the day of, but we didn't even have that problem. Everything went smoothly I have heard nothing but compliments about the venue ever since! If I could do it again, I would do the same exact thing all over again.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Lexi N

After a lengthy search, I decided to choose Herrington on the Bay for my wedding on 9.16.17 and I am so glad that I did. Every single person that I interacted with at Herrington was professional, friendly, helpful, and sincere. I thoroughly enjoyed working with every single... Read More person at Herrington. My Event Coordinator was actually sick the day of my wedding, and I honestly was not worried at all because the Herrington staff has always been so helpful and had things so under control that I knew things would still go off without a hitch. The day was perfect and I am so grateful to Herrington on the Bay (especially to Mary who was there every step of the way).

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Alyson S

This venue and their entire team was amazing! From the first meeting with Mary, to the final details with Heather, they were so kind and helpful. We got married at the Herring Bay Gardens and then the reception was in the Yacht Club. We had so many compliments about how... Read More beautiful the location was. Heather and her team made sure everything ran smoothly - from setting up the décor, to making sure we had drinks in our hands, everything was great!! The food is also amazing! The chefs cater to allergies very well -- we had several people with gluten allergies and they accommodated them with everything gluten free, including gluten free biscuits! HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Lisa W

I don't know where to even start with how much we love Herrington on the Bay. Besides offering an elegant, beautiful setting, delicious food, exceptional services for their clients, every single person we worked with became friends over the 8 months we planned our wedding. My... Read More husband and I absolutely loved just being able to go to Herrington to chat with Mary, plan with Lexy, select our menus with samples from world class chefs, oh and the drink selections were pretty fun too! And that was just the planning part! Our wedding weekend was everything we ever dreamed. We were the sole focus of our team at Herrington the whole week before and for every minute of the wedding weekend. I mean at one point Lexy handed me my lip gloss at the Reception before I even got the words out of my mouth, I swear that woman read my mind that day!! Mary was amazing and you could just feel the excitement they all had for Brett and I. Our wedding day was gorgeous and Herrington on the Bay was the absolute perfect venue and team from start to finish. Also, the Inn was the perfect place for our friends and family, we had a blast in the pool and celebrating all weekend. Wouldn't change a thing, just wish we could do it all over again to still be able to see our HOTB family regularly!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Nichole L

Our wedding was 7/7/2017, and Brielle and Gina were our coordinators. Cannot express fully how amazing they were and the whole staff from start to finish. We will be spending our anniversary there every year to relive the wonderful experience we had with HOB. They are the best... Read More of the best as well as the kindest. Look no further for a venue because you will not be disappointed with this gem of a venue. Love, love HOB!! :)

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Julie W

We had our wedding at Herrington on the Bay on August 11, 2017. It was the wedding of our dreams! The venue is absolutely gorgeous! We got married in the Herrington Bay Garden and both the view and flowers were breathtaking! Our guests are still complimenting on how... Read More beautiful the wedding was and especially the venue! All our guests commented on how amazing the food was and how beautiful the Yacht Club was for our reception. We can't say enough about our Coordinators, Janice Loos and Heather Corken. They were both so amazing and organized. They were the best coordinators EVER!! We felt the entire staff of Herrington on the Bay were very professional and helpful! We were so happy we chose Herrington on the Bay and highly recommend to any one looking for a great wedding venue! Easiest 5 star rating EVER!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Sarah S

This is an incredible venue. It was nothing short of amazing. I'm not even sure if I could accurately say just how perfect everything was for my wedding say. Brittany and Gina were fantastic to work with! They made all of our dreams come true and my husband and I still can't... Read More believe how incredible everything was. Our guests are still reaching out to us to tell us that this was the best wedding they have been to. The venue is a little costly but it is worth every single penny to be able to work with their staff who ensures that everything goes smoothly. Gina and Brittany did everything they possible could to make sure that the day went as smooth as possible. Brittany even went as far as "manning" our cigar bar when we asked last minute if that could be done. Truly an incredible night that I will treasure forever. Highly recommend

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Ciara F

If I could give this venue more than 5 stars I would. I just got married on July 21; it was hot, humid, and had the potential to be miserable. But everyone at here, especially Adria our event coordinator, went above and beyond our expectations to make everyone comfortable.... Read More Also, unlike many venues, they made sure that during the reception my husband and I actually sat down to eat and talk some which was awesome.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Sarah S

It’s hard for me to find the right words to describe what an amazing experience we had with Herrington! From the beautiful venue, wonderful staff, and delicious food – everything was so perfect for us. We met Brittany on our first visit to Herrington for a tour and general... Read More information, and then she became our event designer when we booked our wedding date. She was our main point of contact and helped us through every decision from the menu and drinks to the linen colors. She was so professional and quick to respond to emails, which was such a huge relief during the (sometimes) stressful planning process. We then met Gina, who was our event coordinator. We could tell that she had a lot of experience, so we felt like we were in great hands with her running the show! It was comforting to us when she mentioned that she and other staff members wore headsets so they could be in constant communication, ensuring seamless transitions from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the start of the reception. We decided to add on a ceremony coordinator, and we are so happy we did. Heather attended our rehearsal to tell everyone what order to walk in, where to stand, how to exit the ceremony, etc. I can’t imagine how hectic it would have been without her! We were having such a great experience with the wedding planning process that we decided to host our rehearsal dinner at one of Herrington’s outdoor pavilions and have Herrington cater the food (any reason to have their amazing food!). Brittany also helped us with the planning for that, and Jordyn was our event captain. We knew we were taking a risk with having it outside since the weather is always unpredictable. There was some very dark sky and lightning in the distance during our dinner, and it looked like it could downpour at any second. Jordyn calmly had the staff put the sides of the pavilion tent down not causing an unnecessary panic. Luckily the weather stayed far enough away and our dinner went perfectly. We also added on a bonfire on the beach which was so fun, and our guests had a great time. We had the most perfect wedding weekend and could not have been any happier with Herrington!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Robin W

Giving 5 stars doesn't seem to be enough! Jessica and Jessie walked me through all the details of my wedding and reception and made the planning super simple and fun! The venue is absolutely beautiful, food is delicious, service is first class and what I like the most is the... Read More welcome receptions they host for anyone considering their venue. They bring a ton of vendors on site who provide a sampling of their services. You could literally plan your entire wedding in a matter of hours....dress, cake, DJ, flowers, photographer, places to stay...simply amazing!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Colleen B

We loved Herrington on the Bay from our first visit. Herrington is stunning in everyway - the staff, food, environment! The staff was phenomenal! The food was fantastic (especially the family recipes they made for us)! Brielle was pleasure to work with throughout the planning... Read More process! She made everything fun and made all the behind the scenes things go off without a hitch. Adria ran everything smoothly and efficiently during the day of with all of our vendors and Herrington staff. They both took all of the stress off of us leaving us the chance to truly relax and enjoy our wedding day. Our guests have said multiple times what a fantastic time they had. The staff at Herrington on the Bay created a perfect day for us.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Alice A

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Herrington! Everyone was incredible to work with (especially Brielle and Adria)... the food was fantastic, beautiful location and property, the accommodating staff, I could go on and on! We added fireworks as a special treat and it was... Read More such a wonderful touch to the most special day. I HIGHLY recommend Herrington to anyone shopping for wedding venues. Our wedding was nothing short of a dream come true!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Peg K

One word: wow! My daughter was married at Herrington in mid-March and it was perfect. The staff was amazing, thanks to Adria, our coordinator the day of and Janice who handled all the contract details, but made us feel like we were their only clients! It is hard to say what the... Read More best aspect of Herrington is: the venue is beautiful, the people are incredible and the food is amazing. If you haven't been there, you need to make time to talk to the staff about what your event could be. Our experience was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Brittany H

I had my wedding here on 12.31.16 and it was everything I dreamed of and more. From my very first interaction with Herrington on the Bay right down to the last moment of my day. Brittany and Jordyn handled every detail and every change with grace and expertise. They were... Read More organized, professional, put up with many many changes, and gave us so many great ideas. I do no think it would be possible to be more pleased with a venue and the people who work there. I cannot recommend them enough. I highly recommend Brittany and Jordyn. We also had a special VIP server named Jordyn who was awesome.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lauren S

I had to plan my wedding long distance, and Herrington was willing to bend over backwards to find times to talk to me over the phone or on Skype and keep me involved just as I would have been living nearby. They took care of everything and don't force you to spend more than you... Read More can afford. I've had so many people tell me my wedding was the best they've ever been to, and I can't recommend enough!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Kelly C

The Herrington on the Bay was amazing from the start. Our wedding coordinator, Janice, was so helpful and accommodating. We changed our menu probably 500 times and she never got frustrated with us one bit. She was very responsive to my 200 emails full of concerns :). Our day... Read More of coordinator, Jordyn, was the best ever. She thought of things that had completely slipped my mind, made sure my husband and I ATE because we were so preoccupied, and took care of EVERYTHING. The food at our venue was amazing. . . our friends are still raving about the grilled cheese station and crab dip. The day of our wedding it was FREEZING and Jordyn pulled it all together for us, ushering cold guests into the heated tent quickly and making sure everyone had exactly what they needed. Totally worth the money not to worry about things on the day of.