Hoosier Grove Barn

Streamwood, IL

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Begin your new life together at Hoosier Grove Barn, which is located in Streamwood, Illinois. Constructed by the Struckmeier family in 1888, Hoosier Grove Barn offers an extensive space to hold wedding ceremonies. The onset of selling pumpkins can be backdated to 1955 when the Landmeier family started the tradition that is still been practiced in the district and on the farm. Its 2,000 square foot venue is available for your wedding ceremony and reception.

The Barn. When arranged banquet style, The main floor can accommodate 108 guests whereas 24 guests can comfortably sit in the loft. Cocktail style allows 30 guests to sit in the loft and 200 on the main floor and a standing reception has a 300 seating capacity on the main floor while 30 guests can fit well on the loft. The renovated wood design provides brilliant visual appeal for photographs to be taken.

Hoosier Grove Barn provides cost-effective wedding options and packages meant to make the special day stress-free. Access to various facilities in the barn should be done between 9 a.m. to midnight. Audio and visual equipment is provided together with valet parking for guests. With experienced staff members at your beck and call, all the day’s activities will run smoothly.

Couples enjoy a personal event host who works with you to create your dream wedding. Hoosier Grove Barn provides vendor recommendations of florists, photographers and chefs that have worked with the site.

Food at the venue is your choice, whether home cooked or catered. Chair covers and linen napkins are provided together with different buffet, dessert and head tables embellished with beautiful decorations.

Some activities and wedding options include:

• Open Bar
  • Wedding Garden
  • Access to Audio & Visual Equipment
  • Staging Kitchen
  • Bonfiresr
  • Pet Friendly

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Loft, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

700 W Irving Park Rd, Streamwood, IL (630) 483-3135

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Tonya L

We just got married at the Hoosier Grove Barn on 08.20.16 and couldn't be happier! The venue is such a naturally beautiful place and I can't count how many of our guests came up to me to tell us how gorgeous they thought the barn and grounds looked! The barn team worked so hard... Read More to make sure everything went smoothly. Throughout planning, Leslie and Elisha were flexible, helpful, and genuinely caring. On the day of the wedding, the venue support staff, especially Rio, did an exceptional job helping to make sure everything was set up how we had planned and checked-in on us several times to make sure we had everything we needed. Lastly, the barn's wedding coordinator, Elisha, is the sweetest and most hard working person! She went above and beyond. We couldn't thank her enough for all the behind the scenes work and continued communication throughout planning. The wedding wouldn't have been the same without her involvement! Thank you so much! Tonya & Eric Ellis

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Krisandra H

Where do I begin! Our wedding couldn't have been anymore perfect! Hoosier was everything and so much more than we could have ever hoped for in a wedding venue. Elisha and Leslie are incredible! Both responded to emails/phone calls within no time. Super flexible and very... Read More accommodating to us and our guests. Not only do you get the venue in your rental , but you get the entire grounds. The barn and venue are so well maintained. So many different options for your ceremony & pictures. We cannot thank them enough for helping our special day come to life. The night went on without a hitch! We highly recommend Hoosier to anyone looking to host any special event.

2016-09-08T18:36:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krisandra. It was a real pleasure working with you and Joe. Your wedding was so much fun. All the best to you and Joe!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Kelly S

I wish I could give more than 5 stars to Hoosier Grove Barn! There are not enough kind words or space on this review for my husband and me to express how happy we were with our wedding on 4/23/16 at Hoosier Grove Barn. All of the staff, especially Leslie and Elisha, were hands... Read More down amazing. Planning a wedding is difficult and time consuming, planning a wedding in four months due to my father’s illness, added some stress. However, the venue staff went above and beyond to make our day special and flawless. They maintained professionalism, responded to emails and phone calls promptly, had a great sense of humor, and were simply genuine. Elisha has an immense amount of patience. I was bombarding her with questions and emails on daily basis and she always responded promptly and respectfully. Our wedding was a bit different in the sense that we had a lot of transitions that took place on our wedding day. Our ceremony took place outside and it was absolutely stunning! Craig and I had about 165 guests, so they would not all fit inside the barn so we had to rent a tent for dinner. After dinner we transitioned inside the barn after dinner for the reception. The staff went out of their way to make each transition smooth and stress-free. They moved our personal items out of the loft and transported decorations from outside to inside. The following day all of our table decorations and miscellaneous items that had been left at the barn were neatly packed and organized. I can’t recommend this venue enough. Simply put, remarkable staff, beautiful location, and reasonable prices. Leslie and Elisha, thank you so much for making our wedding day a great party and celebration. I hope to see you soon at another wedding as a guest!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Oriana W

I just got married on Saturday, February 25, 2017 and pictures cannot even show how beautiful this venue is. Vicky Dalka has been such an amazing help and the staff is so friendly and is very detail oriented about their job. Couldn't have picked a better venue at a better price... Read More with better help!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Brittany D

Dan and I would both like to thank you and your staff for all of your hard work and help! Hoosier Grove Barn and the staff are the only people we never had any problems or hiccups with and to us that means so much! Everyone was right on point and did an impeccable job! This day... Read More would not have been everything we ever imagined and more without you and all your AWESOME staff! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts! We will both be HIGHLY recommending the Hoosier Grove Barn as a beautiful and flawless wedding/event venue!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Amanda W

I got married this past Sunday, October 23, 2016. I couldn't have asked for better weather, especially in late October (it was in the 70's), but I also couldn't have asked for a better venue for my wedding. It has the perfect rustic touch and I can't even begin to tell you how... Read More many people asked me how I found such a beautiful spot. The staff was by far the most amazing. Elisha is such a sweetheart and so easy to work with. She put my visions to life and made sure everything was exactly the way that I wanted it. She answers emails quickly, calmly, and professionally. I wish I had taken a picture with her because she is honestly the sweetest gal! Leslie, he was so easy to work with and so organized. I just can't get over how beautifully everything panned out. I love this HGB <3 Jorge & Amanda Rivera

2016-12-06T16:43:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you. It was a real pleasure working with you. All the best! Leslie

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Katy F

My husband and I recently got married there and we loved everything about it. From the day we choose the place, Leslie and Elisha were just amazing. We had a small tent issue leading up to the wedding and Elisha was great in helping us through that. We used the venue for both... Read More the ceremony and reception and I loved the convenience of not having to leave the venue all day. We got married in their new courtyard garden which is just gorgeous! Everything was amazing and the guests kept telling us how beautiful the place was and how great the staff was (especially Donna and Collin) all the way to the very end of the night! I highly recommend this venue! You will not be disappointed!

2016-10-31T13:10:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 William S

We had our wedding this October at Hoosier Grove Barn, and I don’t even know where to start about how great they have been to us. We looked at a lot of venues in a lot of price ranges, and HGB was not only our favorite one we looked at, but the most competitively priced as well... Read More for what you get. They had lists of dozens of caterers, photographers, bakeries, decorators and any other vendors you could imagine for a wedding already listed out with contact info in a tidy little folder that we got when we looked at the venue. Every vendor we talked to had nothing but wonderful things to say about HGB, and every time we had any questions or concerns, any staff member that we would reach out to was incredibly quick and precise with their responses. We got updates and reminders on things from Elisha on a regular basis, and the payment plan was laid out in a very manageable timeline and explained thoroughly to us from the beginning. Obviously planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things a lot of people can imagine doing, but between the abundant information provided and the help from staff members from HGB we honestly were able to put a lot of specific touches on our planning and had a lot of fun in the process! On top of all this, whenever we thought of something specific (like flying a Cubs flag from the flag pole out front!) that needed special permissions, Elisha or Leslie would address it right away and make sure we could do everything we wanted on our special day.

2016-10-26T11:07:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We loved having you at the facility for tours and meetings leading up to having all your family and friends here at the barn for your special day. You by far had the best couple exit from your ceremony :) Best wishes to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Charlotte I

We had our wedding at the Hoosier Grove Barn on October 15, 2016. The entire campus is absolutely breathtaking and the history of the barn as well as of the schoolhouse is quite interesting. The venue itself as well as the staff are absolutely wonderful. Any question I had was... Read More always answered expeditiously and thoroughly. The staff were more than accommodating and always helpful to find solutions (we ended up using their speaker system inside the barn in lieu of a DJ). All of our wedding guests told us how much they truly enjoyed the venue as well as the incredible staff (specifically the bartenders :) ). I cannot speak highly enough about the Hoosier Grove Barn! Thank you for making our wedding incredibly special, HGB!

2016-10-26T11:09:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are so thrilled you enjoyed the barn and entire campus for your wedding day. You, your family and friends danced the night away! Congratulations on your marriage

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Ashley J

I was married on Sunday at HGB. My mom is ana EP, and she told me that HGB was one of the best venues and gave it a 5-star for hosting any event. They helped out every step of the way to ensure me and my now husband a perfect day.. even kept the rain away for her ceremony in... Read More their beautiful garden area. Leslie, Elisha, Vicki, Charlie, Rosa and the bartenders .. kudos to you on our perfect wedding. The memories will be ever lasting. Our guests all commented on the beautiful venue, Uncle Bubs amazing food and staff and MAX from Jolie Photographers!!!!

2016-09-27T10:24:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you. Best wishes in your new life together. Leslie

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Jennifer S

My husband and I got married at the Hoosier Grove Barn on 9.10.16 and couldn’t have asked for a more perfect place to say our “I do’s.” From the second we stepped foot on the property in February 2015, we were treated with kindness and respect. It is obvious that both Leslie and... Read More Elisha both truly care about their clients and work their very hardest to make the wedding day run smoothly. Elisha not only welcomed us with open arms the countless times we returned to the venue to show it off, ask questions, create the layout etc, but she always promptly answered all questions and put my bridal worries to rest. When I emailed her a question at 11pm on Labor Day weekend, I received a response within minutes! On the actual wedding day all the staff, and especially Elisha, Rio, and Daniella exceeded expectations and ensured that every detail was in place! Everything ran smoothly and when our timeline got pushed back (at no fault to the venue) they were able to quickly and effectively adjust everything and entertain our guests until the ceremony began. We received dozens of compliments about the beauty and unique quality to the venue. From the school house, to the garden, to the bonfire at night, being able to bring our pets, and natural beauty of the campus, and we couldn’t have imagined anything so perfect. A GIANT thank you to everyone at Hoosier Grove Barn that made our dream wedding a reality! The Siglers

2016-10-26T11:11:37 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Sigler! Our whole team is excited you both and your families had a special wedding day on the Barn's campus. We loved all of the personal touches of vintage plates, family photos, and including your dog and horses. We wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Hanna W

My husband and I had our reception at the Hoosier Grove Barn and it was one of the best decisions we made! Leslie, Elisha and the whole staff at the barn were so great to work with – very responsive and accommodating. They answered all of our questions and we knew we were in... Read More great hands from the start. Our guests are still raving about how unique and fun the venue was. We can’t recommend the barn highly enough. Thank you for the wonderful memories!

2016-07-13T11:11:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your wedding day had many special details and we were happy to be a part of creating your dream day. We wish you all the best in this next chapter together as a married couple!

Reviewed on 7/09/2016

Hoosier Grove Barn was the perfect venue for us! It had the right amount and charm and rustic look. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Everyone on the team was so helpful along the whole process. They are very knowledgable and know exactly what they are doing! I... Read More would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have a unique rustic country wedding!

2016-10-26T11:12:22 Response from the vendor

It was wonderful hosting your wedding at the Barn! Thank you

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Mandy M

I had the perfect wedding at the Hoosier Grove Barn! Our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the venue was. We had our ceremony in the ceremony garden on a perfect sunny 75 degree day (I know... we lucked out!) We went right into cocktail hour outside complete with 2... Read More outdoor bars. We had dinner under a tent outside and saved dessert and dancing for the barn! We chose this venue because of the price and flexibility. You really can't beat a venue that includes a bar package in the venue price and allows you to choose all your vendors. You can decorate however you'd like. We did not need a single decoration for the ceremony. We added some fun touches in the barn but it's beautiful rustic simplicity doesn't need much. It even has very cute lights strung over the center of the barn (in our case, over the dance floor) that really give it a magical ambience. Also, do not be scared off by the fact that inside the barn can only hold 140 for a sit-down dinner. We anticipated more guests than that so we decided to do a tent outside for the dinner and there was still plenty of room inside for the dessert and dancing later in the evening. The barn includes tables, chairs and basic linens. You can make it as fancy or as laid back as you'd like. The staff was so helpful and attentive. They helped coordinate some specialty alcohol that we wanted to order for an additional price. The next day we were able to pick up the extra unopened unused alcohol that was left over. The alcohol in the bar package is quality named brands (not gross well drinks from unheard of brands). Elisha, the wedding coordinator, and Leslie the director, went above and beyond. They answered all my questions throughout the year leading up to the wedding. The staff also handles the clean up. I wish I could get married here all over again!

2016-07-02T11:58:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mandy! Congratulations to you and Chris!! It was wonderful working with you both to create your wedding day. Our team here at the barn enjoyed having you both, your family, and friends for your special day. Best Wishes

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Robin R

The night was incredible. Each and every detail was taken care of and I have gotten comments from guests about the service. Each person involved was attentive and positive and helpful. Would definitely recommend!

2016-05-14T14:44:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Robin! It was a pleasure hosting your wedding ceremony and reception. Your family and friends were wonderful to host. We wish you all the best!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Emma H

Elisha, Leslie and the whole team at Hoosier Grove barn did a FANTASTIC job helping us design and execute our dream wedding. While there were no mason jars or baby's breath in sight, the venue was a perfect backdrop for our natural, science (and sci-fi) filled ceremony and... Read More reception. We had several unusual requests and they were happily able to accommodate them for us. From multiple visits to unusual catering plans, the Hoosier Grove Barn was happy to help us navigate the planning process in a way that worked for us. And our guests LOVED every minute of it. It was intimate, personal and above all well organized. I was able to enjoy the day with my husband without having to worry about the details because I knew Elisha and all of the staff had everything under control.

2016-03-31T12:19:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Emma and Jeremy! We are thrilled your wedding day was just the way you envisioned with your personal touches and family traditions. Our team at the barn enjoyed having you both, your family, and friends to celebrate your dream day at the Hoosier... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 Michelle W

On my quest to find a venue to have an intimate party to celebrate my marriage. Every venue/banquet hall I visited on this quest was warm, friendly and inviting except this one. On my visit with Hoosier Grove Barn, Leslie the planner made me feel very unwelcome as if my... Read More business was unwanted. My initial walk into the facility I was not even greeted with a hello or a smile. A hello with a smile is the easiest way to make someone feel welcome. On the tour with Hoosier Grove Barn I felt very uncomfortable as I was rushed from room to room with Leslie the planner that seem annoyed that he had to show me around the facility. The planner Leslie then proceeds to tell me that he would not be able to rent the space to me for the price that was originally quoted on the phone. He also tells me I would have to pay for a wedding package even though my wedding and reception event will occur out of state. I was told I would not be able to rent the barn for the party rental price originally told and also stated on their website. He gave me every excuse in the book as to why I could not rent out the facility. If you are going to refused someone a price based on the type of party, then it should be clearly listed on your website. I would never recommend a place where the initial point of face to face contact doesnt include a hello or a smile. Event planning customer service #1 rule should be to make the client feel invited. This was a poor experience with a lackluster 9 minute tour of the facility. Customer service is huge for me. The facility was nice from what I was shown but the customer service and also the bate and switch price gets a big thumbs down.

2016-03-05T08:58:31 Response from the vendor

Hello Michelle, We are very sorry you felt rushed. We did spend about 35 minutes with you. Our facility isn’t that big. As you know we were doing some painting in our Silo where the stair case is so I couldn’t take you down the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 David J

All of our guests were blown away by the venue! Everyone was astonished by how upscale the entire place was, yet rustic at the same time! Also, the customer service was unbelievable. I never waited more that 24 hours before I received a response to any questions I had (often... Read More times I received a response the same day). From floor plans to catering, we were walked through the entire process with grace. Truly an amazing experience.

2016-10-26T11:13:30 Response from the vendor

It was a great day for your wedding at our campus! We are thrilled you and your guests enjoyed your special day. Thank you

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Lynette M

My husband I am just got married there on November 13th. Elisha and Leslie and the staff we're amazing, very friendly and very professional. Also, very very accommodating. I can't count how many compliments we received on the venue. Thank you all so very much for making our... Read More wedding day we will never forget and if I could give you 10 stars I would.

2016-10-26T11:15:03 Response from the vendor

Congratulations! The entire team at the barn wishes you all the best in your future. Thank you for your review

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing the staff at Hoosier Grove Barn is. From the barn banquet manager Leslie's attention to detail and accommodating nature, the wedding coordinator Elisha's organization and responsiveness to email, to the lively bartenders and event... Read More host's attentiveness, our day was truly perfect and everything we envisioned for our rustic barn wedding because of the staff. Leslie even personally hand delivered our aisle runner to the rental place two days later, after they forgot it when picking up the arch. He truly went above and beyond even after our wedding ended, and I cannot think of a better person to work with for our wedding.

Adorable Barn Venue

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Amy J

We had our wedding of 114 people here in May and had the best wedding. Our guests ranted and raved that it was the most intimate, cozy, comfortable and beautiful wedding they had ever been to. It is great if you want an intimate, personal feeling that is more casual, however you... Read More can make it as formal or casual as you want. Ours was right in the middle and exactly what we imagined. The barn rental was $2000 and we had to pay $1500 for alcohol beverages. Helpful hint**they do not list on the contract that you have to have an open bar, but will make you have one and pay the price for each person. We could not afford to do that, so we had the $3000 beverage minimum cut in half, as we could not afford $3000 for alcohol. We ended up not even meeting the $1500 minimum (300 short) so it seems the $3000 is rather high. When we fought about the alcohol not being in the contract, they offered to give us our deposit back but we argued that we had sent out save the dates and it was too late. Be prepared to fight for this if you don't have heavy heavy drinkers.Also, there is a 5 hour limit on the open bar which is important to know, which we didn't until the end. Beside that point, it was the perfect venue and worth it and a great value compared to other surrounding barns. I highly recommend this venue and Lori is great to work with!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015

I had the opportunity to help plan a wedding held at the Barn recently. The staff was extremely helpful, efficient and pleasant to work with. All emails and calls were returned promptly with answers to my questions. Would recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Erinn N

I can't even explain how amazed we were with the whole process and day. We were able to reserve 16 months out. Fell in love immediately with the whole ambience! Even more amazing were the prices, and no stipulations on who could cater in! Wedding coordinators switched... Read More about 6 months in, and Leslie helped with the smooth transition. We were able to get in the night before to decorate which worked out perfectly. They were amazingly accommodating with our rehearsal being on the Thursday before! I couldn't have imagined a better day or place. We were able to be married in the old school house, and thank you Leslie for letting the windows be open!!! I had many more guests than anticipated show up for the actual ceremony....so I had a crowd watching through the school house windows. Lori helped us transition from the cocktail hour to the reception flawlessly! Thank you everyone again, I would recommend HGB anyday!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Maureen W

MAGICAL MOMENTS! The moment my fiancé bread and I walked into the Hoosier grove barn we both knew this would be our wedding venue! We were looking for a country chic that had the elegant classy feel. We found just that at the Hoosier Grove barn. originally we wanted to get... Read More married in the school house unfortunately that did not work. Our second choice couldn't have been more perfect in the barn. We were able to accomplish the country classy feel with the elegant touches. Leslie and his staff couldn't have been more wonderful to work with. They were flexible, easy-going and nothing was a problem. Thank you Hoodier Grove Barn for making our special day magical and perfect for us. I would highly recommend the Hoosier grove barn

Reviewed on 6/05/2015

I could not be more happy with the venue and staff at Hoosier Grovr Barn! My wedding there in July 2013 was absolutely perfect and planning with the staff was stress-free. I would recommend this venue to anyone, for any event!