Hoosier Grove Barn

Streamwood, IL

Book Your Wedding with Hoosier Grove Barn

A BACKYARD IN STREAMWOOD, IL

Begin your new life together at Hoosier Grove Barn, which is located in Streamwood, Illinois. Constructed by the Struckmeier family in 1888, Hoosier Grove Barn offers an extensive space to hold wedding ceremonies. The onset of selling pumpkins can be backdated to 1955 when the Landmeier family started the tradition that is still been practiced in the district and on the farm. Its 2,000 square foot venue is available for your wedding ceremony and reception.

The Barn. When arranged banquet style, The main floor can accommodate 108 guests whereas 24 guests can comfortably sit in the loft. Cocktail style allows 30 guests to sit in the loft and 200 on the main floor and a standing reception has a 300 seating capacity on the main floor while 30 guests can fit well on the loft. The renovated wood design provides brilliant visual appeal for photographs to be taken.

Hoosier Grove Barn provides cost-effective wedding options and packages meant to make the special day stress-free. Access to various facilities in the barn should be done between 9 a.m. to midnight. Audio and visual equipment is provided together with valet parking for guests. With experienced staff members at your beck and call, all the day’s activities will run smoothly.

Couples enjoy a personal event host who works with you to create your dream wedding. Hoosier Grove Barn provides vendor recommendations of florists, photographers and chefs that have worked with the site.

Food at the venue is your choice, whether home cooked or catered. Chair covers and linen napkins are provided together with different buffet, dessert and head tables embellished with beautiful decorations.

Some activities and wedding options include:

• Open Bar
  • Wedding Garden
  • Access to Audio & Visual Equipment
  • Staging Kitchen
  • Bonfiresr
  • Pet Friendly

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Loft, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

700 W Irving Park Rd, Streamwood, IL (630) 483-3135

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Kiersten T

We had our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn on 11/03/2017 and we couldn't have been happier. Leslie gave us our first look at the venue and I knew from that moment we had to get married there. Mallory was absolutely amazing from all the planning and coordinating to the rehearsal to... Read More the day of - everything went off without a hitch because of her and the staff at HGB. We moved our ceremony into the barn because of the cold and our guests could not stop talking about how incredible it was. The grounds were perfect for outdoor pictures (even though it was a little chilly) and the alcohol selection was phenomenal - we also got positive feedback from our guests about this. I do not have anything negative to say about HGB, but it books up quickly so if you're considering it - go now! Thank you HGB for the best day ever!

2017-11-14T17:54:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Kiersten, it was a pleasure working with you and Brian. Your wedding was beautiful and we wish you all of the best! Leslie

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Carrie B

From the time Rio gave us an impromptu tour of the grounds to their follow up after our ceremony, the staff at Hoosier Grove Barn were wonderfully friendly, accommodating, and thorough. Of course pictures can show the beauty of the barn and grounds, but the difference makers... Read More were Leslie, Vicki and Mallory and our event staff who were all incredibly helpful and through their experience and knowledge, we were able to take care of details we would have otherwise missed, resulting in our day going perfectly. We can’t thank everyone at Hoosier Grove Barn enough for sharing their enthusiastic service and professionalism, nor can we recommend the venue highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Aaron I

We had OUR wedding at Hossier Grove Barn on Friday, October 6th 2017. It was a little rainy at first but then held up just in time for the ceremony. THE STAFF AND WEDDING COORDINATOR Mallory Lorence were so AMAZING. I couldn't have asked for better service. I don't think we... Read More were told NO once for any ideas or changes we wanted lol. If u want your "wife's" DREAM BARN WEDDING to be everything it can be plus a whole lot more, this is the place to be. I LOVED IT...Thank u so much for the unforgettable sevice and memories. EVERYONE HAD A BLAST!!! WOW. THE BEST EVER!!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

We had our wedding at Hoosier Grove Barn on 10/14/17 and can say that everything was perfect! From the moment we toured the facility with Leslie to the very last minute of our wedding, the staff was so accommodating! There were severe lightning and thunderstorms on our wedding... Read More day so the staff had to set everything up inside; ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception and everything was amazing! None of my bridal party was at the venue to put me in my dress for our first look pictures (they were still getting hair and makeup done) but Mallory, the coordinator, helped me get in my dress. She was truly amazing! Every email was answered in a short amount of time, all of our questions and concerns were answered and they made everything stunning and perfect. We LOVED everything about Hoosier Grove Barn. Amazing staff, amazing service and very, very reasonably priced! We wouldn't change a thing about our experience.. The venue was beautiful and staff was fantastic! We would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Meredith C

The Hoosier Grove Barn is absolutely one of the BEST venues in the Chicagoland area! The service provided by the staff there is simply outstanding. The setting is beautiful and timeless. Our guests have been just raving about how unique (and fun!) our wedding was. From... Read More the moment we met Leslie at our first appointment, we knew this venue was different than other barn venues. We could tell after speaking with Leslie that he really understood what it would take to put on a flawless and seamless event. He takes a lot of pride in what he does. The flexibility with outside vendors allowed for us to stay on budget but not compromise on quality. I was pleased to find out beautiful chairs, colored linens and napkins, 5 hour top shelf bar, and an Event Coordinator was all included in the rental price of the barn. Mallory was our AMAZING wedding coordinator. She was professional, patient, and extremely knowledgeable when it came to planning our event. From start to finish, she was there every step of the way. We were so lucky to have her. I highly recommend every wedding couple looking for a unique and intimate venue take a look at the Hoosier Grove Barn!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Kiersten S

We had our wedding on June 24th and couldn't have asked for a better venue! The barn has always had a special place in my heart because of all the community events held there in my home town. The campus is well-maintained, the schoolhouse is lovely, and the barn is beautifully... Read More lit inside. It's just so charming and romantic- all of our guests loved it! But I think what really sets Hoosier Grove apart from other venues is their flexibility and professionalism. Their coordinating staff is in constant communication ironing out details up until the big day (we were even planning from out of state!). They allow you to decorate in your own style (as much or as little as you want) and don't limit your catering options. They let you use their AV equipment (no rentals!), the package includes an open bar, and they set up the tables to your specifications. They offer suggestions and do everything they can to help you bring your vision to life. It really is an amazing and unique venue and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Erin J

We got married at Hoosier Grove on September 2, 2017. Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to the helpful staff who were on top of things all day. We received many compliments from our guests about how friendly and helpful all the staff members were. From the wedding... Read More coordinators, to the bartenders, and the custodial staff- they were all wonderful! We ultimately decided on having our wedding here due to the great price and everything that is included in that price. We realized how good of a deal it was after doing our research on similar venues. The only cons of this venue is that the actual barn doesn't hold that many for the dinner portion so if you are planning on having over 100 guests you will have to purchase a tent as well. Also, since our wedding was on a Saturday, we didn't have the option to decorate the night before so, that all had to be done all the morning of which was a little hectic. However, we were made fully aware that that would be the situation before booking so there were no surprises. It was also nice that my bridesmaids and I were able to get ready in the loft area where I was able to oversee the decorating and everything. Overall, the entire day was beautiful and we had a blast!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Annie S

BEST WEDDING VENUE EVER!!! We had our wedding at this location last week and I just cannot rave enough about how amazing it was. The location was BEAUTIFUL, the staff was friendly, and so SO helpful. Leslie, Vicki, Mallory, Donna, and all of the staff were amazing from start to... Read More finish, and our guests were raving all night, and still are about how great of a night it was. People were even taking selfies with the bartenders because they were so cool! Literally not one thing went wrong on our big day, and we owe that all to the team at Hoosier Grove Barn. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone I know getting married! And you just cannot beat the price, especially in the Chicagoland area!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Rachel D

The Hoosier Grove Barn staff made our wedding a stress free day! We met a few times prior to the big day to build a time line, and then our amazing coordinators Mallory and Vicki were there the day of to ensure everything went smoothly. This is the perfect venue for having your... Read More entire wedding at one location. We had the ceremony in the garden, cocktails outside in the courtyard, and the reception in the barn. The barn (and entire campus) is BEAUTIFUL so we hardly needed to buy additional decorations - we just bought enough to add a personal touch. THANK YOU Hoosier Grove Barn and staff for helping to make our wedding an amazing day!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Susan S

The staff at Hoosier Grove Barn helped create the wedding my daughter & her fiancé had envisioned. Mallory & Leslie were incredibly flexible & accommodating in customizing the wedding, paying close attention to details and offering helpful suggestions along the way. We were... Read More pleased with how smoothly it all flowed together. We received many compliments regarding the uniqueness, charm and intimacy created in this barn setting. We couldn't have asked for a better day!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017

Hoosier Grove Barn was an amazing venue! They were very flexible with changes and helped every step of the way for planning. The guests loved the beautiful barn and outside grounds. We had the ceremony on the school house steps and it was a perfect setting. The bartenders and... Read More on-site staff were super friendly and helpful and made the night run smoothly. I cannot say enough good things about this place! :) The only downfall was that there isn't a specific bridal suite, and while the loft is perfect for getting ready, but there isn't a place to lock up belongings for the night.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jackie B

We do not even know where to begin thanking the staff at the Hoosier Grove Barn for all of their hard work and dedication to make our wedding day the greatest day possible; they are a truly exceptional staff as well as an amazing group of individuals. Throughout the process, we... Read More felt as though we were working with family; Vicki and Mallory were so hands-on and patient; whenever I had a question, which was frequently, they would immediately respond in full-detail. The day of our wedding went seamlessly; we did not have to worry about any details which was such a relief. We wanted to have our ceremony on the steps of the schoolhouse, and it started pouring rain an hour before the ceremony time. Vicki and Mallory ran around outside in the rain, communicating with the appropriate people, to be sure that the other vendors waited until it stopped raining to conduct the ceremony. Sure enough, we held the ceremony outside just like we had dreamed of doing. The venue itself is stunning and unique; we are still receiving compliments from guests about how beautiful the property was. Overall, working with the staff at the Hoosier Grove Barn enhanced the experience of getting married; they all made it such a fun and stress-free process. We cannot recommend this venue enough!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Monique M

Highly Recommend! We got married on May 6th 2017 at Hoosier Grove Barn and it was simply a wonderful day! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and having our wedding on the beautiful grounds of HGB was just perfect! First of all I want to thank the wonderful... Read More wedding coordinators who made our day happen- Mallory, Leslie and Vicki were helpful, friendly, super accommodating, idea filled and reassuring that the day would be great- and it was!! I went to the barn many times to get ideas on how I wanted it set up and every time everyone was so helpful. Our weather for the day originally wasn't looking too good and we had to make a last minute decision to rent a tent for the ceremony so we met with Leslie and Mallory and went thru the logistics of setup and "the look" and we decided to not do the rent over our ceremony site but instead to put the tent on the lawn as a backup plan and I'm so glad we listened because we ended up luckily having a beautiful sunny day and were able to have addtl seating in the tent for people to avoid the sun and our Groomsmen hung out there prior to the ceremony and it just turned out great! For the best bang for your buck I highly recommend Hoosier Grove Barn - our bridesmaids got ready in the barn Loft area, it was perfect for hair/makeup and mimosas :) we had a group of people help with our table and decor set up, Mallory was always around keeping us up to date, there are so many options to have your ceremony at on the grounds - we chose their newer garden area and it was just so perfect! Picture taking areas are endless and our guests had space to linger and walk around and enjoy the area! Making room for the dance floor was done in the blink of an eye and none of the guests were too bothered - the sound for the DJ was good and the Bartenders were even better! I heard nothing but good reviews from my family and friends about the service , servers and the bartenders keeping those drinks flowing haha! We had just the best time and it was a beautiful great day at a wonderful wedding venue- I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out- thank you so much Hoosier Grove Barn!! Sincerely, Monique and Jordan Peterson

2017-06-12T15:01:20 Response from the vendor

Hi Monique, thank you! You two were a real pleasure to work with. We wish you and Jordan all the very best. Leslie

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Renea F

We had our wedding on May 20th and everything was perfect from the time we first looked at the barn to the day it was perfect. The staff is great to work with and very accommodating. Leslie, Vickie and Mallory everyone was great! We had to change the ceremony from being... Read More outside to inside the day off the wedding due to rain and cold weather, ended up being better than we expected in the school house. All of our guests kept talking about the barn as well. Hoosier Grove is a great place and I would recommend to anyone.

2017-06-12T15:02:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We wish you all the best! Leslie

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Keri F

After getting married at HGB last night I needed to wake up this morning and tell everyone how wonderful it is here and how helpful, accommodating and flexible the staff is. My planned outside ceremony was changed to inside at the last moment due to weather and they pulled it... Read More all off. Looking back there was no reason for the worry and stress leading up to the day because they had it all together! If i could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you to Leslie, Mallory, Donna, Vicki, and everyone else that had a hand in preparing for this day. The bar staff was excellent! Brian took care of everyone and my guests complimented on how interactive they were and remembered what they wanted! It was better than I could have imagined!

2017-06-06T18:44:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you Keri & Tony. It was a real pleasure working with you. All the best to you. Leslie

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Oriana W

I just got married on Saturday, February 25, 2017 and pictures cannot even show how beautiful this venue is. Vicky Dalka has been such an amazing help and the staff is so friendly and is very detail oriented about their job. Couldn't have picked a better venue at a better price... Read More with better help!

2017-06-12T15:03:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you. All the best!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Brittany D

Dan and I would both like to thank you and your staff for all of your hard work and help! Hoosier Grove Barn and the staff are the only people we never had any problems or hiccups with and to us that means so much! Everyone was right on point and did an impeccable job! This day... Read More would not have been everything we ever imagined and more without you and all your AWESOME staff! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts! We will both be HIGHLY recommending the Hoosier Grove Barn as a beautiful and flawless wedding/event venue!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Amanda W

I got married this past Sunday, October 23, 2016. I couldn't have asked for better weather, especially in late October (it was in the 70's), but I also couldn't have asked for a better venue for my wedding. It has the perfect rustic touch and I can't even begin to tell you how... Read More many people asked me how I found such a beautiful spot. The staff was by far the most amazing. Elisha is such a sweetheart and so easy to work with. She put my visions to life and made sure everything was exactly the way that I wanted it. She answers emails quickly, calmly, and professionally. I wish I had taken a picture with her because she is honestly the sweetest gal! Leslie, he was so easy to work with and so organized. I just can't get over how beautifully everything panned out. I love this HGB <3 Jorge & Amanda Rivera

2016-12-06T16:43:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you. It was a real pleasure working with you. All the best! Leslie

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Katy F

My husband and I recently got married there and we loved everything about it. From the day we choose the place, Leslie and Elisha were just amazing. We had a small tent issue leading up to the wedding and Elisha was great in helping us through that. We used the venue for both... Read More the ceremony and reception and I loved the convenience of not having to leave the venue all day. We got married in their new courtyard garden which is just gorgeous! Everything was amazing and the guests kept telling us how beautiful the place was and how great the staff was (especially Donna and Collin) all the way to the very end of the night! I highly recommend this venue! You will not be disappointed!

2016-10-31T13:10:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 William S

We had our wedding this October at Hoosier Grove Barn, and I don’t even know where to start about how great they have been to us. We looked at a lot of venues in a lot of price ranges, and HGB was not only our favorite one we looked at, but the most competitively priced as well... Read More for what you get. They had lists of dozens of caterers, photographers, bakeries, decorators and any other vendors you could imagine for a wedding already listed out with contact info in a tidy little folder that we got when we looked at the venue. Every vendor we talked to had nothing but wonderful things to say about HGB, and every time we had any questions or concerns, any staff member that we would reach out to was incredibly quick and precise with their responses. We got updates and reminders on things from Elisha on a regular basis, and the payment plan was laid out in a very manageable timeline and explained thoroughly to us from the beginning. Obviously planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things a lot of people can imagine doing, but between the abundant information provided and the help from staff members from HGB we honestly were able to put a lot of specific touches on our planning and had a lot of fun in the process! On top of all this, whenever we thought of something specific (like flying a Cubs flag from the flag pole out front!) that needed special permissions, Elisha or Leslie would address it right away and make sure we could do everything we wanted on our special day.

2016-10-26T11:07:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We loved having you at the facility for tours and meetings leading up to having all your family and friends here at the barn for your special day. You by far had the best couple exit from your ceremony :) Best wishes to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Charlotte I

We had our wedding at the Hoosier Grove Barn on October 15, 2016. The entire campus is absolutely breathtaking and the history of the barn as well as of the schoolhouse is quite interesting. The venue itself as well as the staff are absolutely wonderful. Any question I had was... Read More always answered expeditiously and thoroughly. The staff were more than accommodating and always helpful to find solutions (we ended up using their speaker system inside the barn in lieu of a DJ). All of our wedding guests told us how much they truly enjoyed the venue as well as the incredible staff (specifically the bartenders :) ). I cannot speak highly enough about the Hoosier Grove Barn! Thank you for making our wedding incredibly special, HGB!

2016-10-26T11:09:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are so thrilled you enjoyed the barn and entire campus for your wedding day. You, your family and friends danced the night away! Congratulations on your marriage

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Ashley J

I was married on Sunday at HGB. My mom is ana EP, and she told me that HGB was one of the best venues and gave it a 5-star for hosting any event. They helped out every step of the way to ensure me and my now husband a perfect day.. even kept the rain away for her ceremony in... Read More their beautiful garden area. Leslie, Elisha, Vicki, Charlie, Rosa and the bartenders .. kudos to you on our perfect wedding. The memories will be ever lasting. Our guests all commented on the beautiful venue, Uncle Bubs amazing food and staff and MAX from Jolie Photographers!!!!

2016-09-27T10:24:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you. Best wishes in your new life together. Leslie

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Jennifer S

My husband and I got married at the Hoosier Grove Barn on 9.10.16 and couldn’t have asked for a more perfect place to say our “I do’s.” From the second we stepped foot on the property in February 2015, we were treated with kindness and respect. It is obvious that both Leslie and... Read More Elisha both truly care about their clients and work their very hardest to make the wedding day run smoothly. Elisha not only welcomed us with open arms the countless times we returned to the venue to show it off, ask questions, create the layout etc, but she always promptly answered all questions and put my bridal worries to rest. When I emailed her a question at 11pm on Labor Day weekend, I received a response within minutes! On the actual wedding day all the staff, and especially Elisha, Rio, and Daniella exceeded expectations and ensured that every detail was in place! Everything ran smoothly and when our timeline got pushed back (at no fault to the venue) they were able to quickly and effectively adjust everything and entertain our guests until the ceremony began. We received dozens of compliments about the beauty and unique quality to the venue. From the school house, to the garden, to the bonfire at night, being able to bring our pets, and natural beauty of the campus, and we couldn’t have imagined anything so perfect. A GIANT thank you to everyone at Hoosier Grove Barn that made our dream wedding a reality! The Siglers

2016-10-26T11:11:37 Response from the vendor

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Sigler! Our whole team is excited you both and your families had a special wedding day on the Barn's campus. We loved all of the personal touches of vintage plates, family photos, and including your dog and horses. We wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Tonya L

We just got married at the Hoosier Grove Barn on 08.20.16 and couldn't be happier! The venue is such a naturally beautiful place and I can't count how many of our guests came up to me to tell us how gorgeous they thought the barn and grounds looked! The barn team worked so hard... Read More to make sure everything went smoothly. Throughout planning, Leslie and Elisha were flexible, helpful, and genuinely caring. On the day of the wedding, the venue support staff, especially Rio, did an exceptional job helping to make sure everything was set up how we had planned and checked-in on us several times to make sure we had everything we needed. Lastly, the barn's wedding coordinator, Elisha, is the sweetest and most hard working person! She went above and beyond. We couldn't thank her enough for all the behind the scenes work and continued communication throughout planning. The wedding wouldn't have been the same without her involvement! Thank you so much! Tonya & Eric Ellis

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Krisandra H

Where do I begin! Our wedding couldn't have been anymore perfect! Hoosier was everything and so much more than we could have ever hoped for in a wedding venue. Elisha and Leslie are incredible! Both responded to emails/phone calls within no time. Super flexible and very... Read More accommodating to us and our guests. Not only do you get the venue in your rental , but you get the entire grounds. The barn and venue are so well maintained. So many different options for your ceremony & pictures. We cannot thank them enough for helping our special day come to life. The night went on without a hitch! We highly recommend Hoosier to anyone looking to host any special event.

2016-09-08T18:36:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Krisandra. It was a real pleasure working with you and Joe. Your wedding was so much fun. All the best to you and Joe!