Hotel Baker

Saint Charles, IL

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

100 West Main Street, Saint Charles, IL

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Helen A

Hotel Baker was such a wonderful place to have our wedding reception. We had our reception in the waterfront room while there was also a wedding in the rainbow room. You would never have known two weddings were going on. We had full attention, all staff was wonderful and our... Read More catering manager, Amanda, was so amazing! Every question we had while planning she answered quickly, on the day of she and the other staff made sure everything ran on time. I felt like royalty the whole day! The waterfront room was perfect for our smaller reception of 82 guests. We took photos before the cocktail hour in the rose garden and then our cocktails were out on the patio. I highly recommend the waterfront ballroom!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Matt K

My wife and I recently had our wedding at Hotel Baker in the Rainbow Room with the ceremony taking place on the boathouse. Besides the hot Chicago heat, which couldn't be controlled, everything went perfectly. The incredible service started with Amanda, our wedding coordinator,... Read More and continued the day of with everyone working to make sure our wedding ran smoothly. The Rainbow Room was such a unique venue and the food was fantastic. All our guests commented on the food, venue, ceremony and of course the dancing on the unique lighted floor. We couldn't have been happier with our decision to use Hotel Baker and recommend it to anyone looking for a west suburb venue. Our guest count was 160 and imagine it being very comfortable up to 180 guests.

Donnie Wahlberg & Jenny McCarthy's Wedding at Hotel Baker

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Hotel Baker was the 'perfect' venue for our wedding. Both Donnie and I were pleased with the way our wedding turned out. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff went above and beyond, fulfilling every request for us and our guests. The hotel management worked... Read More with all the vendors to make our wedding day amazing! The ambiance of the Hotel Baker speaks for itself...absolutely beautiful. Words cannot express our gratitude for the treasured memories of our wedding day at the Hotel Baker!

2014-09-25T20:18:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jenny and Donnie! We are grateful for the opportunity and honored to have been chosen as the venue choice of your special day. Best wishes to you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

Hotel Baker as a venue is great but what made it awesome was Casey and the overall staff. We received so many compliments on Hotel Baker from: what a beautiful hotel and reception rooms (Cocktails in the Waterfront Room and Reception in the Rainbow Room), the Rose Garden and... Read More back patios are amazing, to the food was great and the staff was awesome and many overall comments about how the venue and ambiance was our guests wedding of the decade. I was so happy how everything turned out and all the support we received from Casey and the staff- I was so happy seeing the joy and huge smile my bride had the whole night. I also loved the rooms, we rented out the Baker Suite and the Penthouse, they were great rooms with tons of character and provided a great back drop for pictures. Our family pictures in the Rose Garden are my favorites- very classy and unique. The Rainbow room floor, lit up in a soft white/yellow provide a neat floor background when taking pictures from the balcony. We even included tacos and gelato as a late night snack and they were a hit as well! I can't thank Casey enough for guidance throughout the entire planning and for her support during the day of the wedding. Maybe you want to second guess if Hotel Baker is right for you but if you really visualize the elegance, warmth and character that Hotel Baker can provide, you'll have the same feeling of excitement that we had.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Meagan W

I'll preface this with saying that our wedding on 10/1/16 in the Waterfront room was AMAZING! The day was flawless and was exactly what my husband and I wanted. The only reason this wasn't a 5-star review is because of our coordinator, Casey. While she did her job, that's was... Read More all she did. She did not make this experience fun or exciting for us, there was very little personality and she acted as if it was killing her to meet with us. She was AWFUL at getting back to me (one more than 2 occasions I waited almost 2 weeks to receive an email back from her) and just made us feel like our day wasn't a priority. If I had a choice, I would have chosen another coordinator. The rest of the staff, however, was outstanding. Hotel Baker is one of our favorite places in the world & having our wedding day there just added another reason as to why.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Holly H

We worked with Casey as our coordinator and she and the rest of the Hotel Baker staff did a great job helping us plan and execute our wedding ceremony and reception. We used mainly vendors the hotel recommended and I believe this contributed greatly to the wedding day running... Read More smoothly. There were no major issues the day of the wedding and everything was as I expected it and the food was amazing and generated many compliments from our guests. I definitely recommend Hotel Baker as a wedding venue. The historic charm and experienced staff will wow you and your guests and make your wedding day amazing!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Marla T

Thank you Hotel Baker! Our 120 person wedding was absolutely perfect. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner reception at Hotel Baker. The staff was so professional and kind. They did the sweetest things for my husband and I; giving us extra attention with food and... Read More drink, laying out place cards beautifully, and answering our every question leading up to the wedding. Casey, Michael, and the entire staff were also so confident and kind; the day was perfect. Thank you Hotel Baker!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Stephanie N

While the words are fresh in my head from the experience, I figured I would write a bit about my experience with the Hotel Baker as the bride. About 2 years ago after being freshly engaged to my now husband, I decided to go check out the hotel with my now mother-in-law and... Read More grandmother from the advice of my Godmother Karie. From the start, I had been a bit skeptical, my mother-in-law was in love the moment she stepped into the place, my grandmother the same but also understandably skeptical until we saw the details of the wedding package. I had initially told the catering manager, Casey, that I was not entirely sure how we would be able to afford such a place, but if I could somehow pull it off I would do my best. At first glance, the hotel is old. It has an "old" feel to it. So, if you don't like the feeling of its older, historical-like charm, then this is not the place for you. Everything about the place, including the service, reminded me of the movies where the servers and hotel staff knew you on a first name basis, so that was special to me as a bride putting forth a lot of time, effort and money. I felt like staff even overheard some criticism from my mother, myself and people they recognized to be of importance and they made all of the necessary changes the day of my wedding without needing us to approach them with the issues. Either they overheard everything, or they are just mind-readers (not really sure, at times it was really TOO good, like creepy good service and attention to detail). Another reason I had been skeptical, but also very hopeful, was the fact that since we were sinking most of our budget into the hotel, that our other vendors were very inexperienced or newer to weddings (our TOTAL wedding budget-dress, transportation, rings included-was $30,000 for reference). We were not sure how everything would mesh together on the actual day. I had hired a dueling piano company to do my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The hotel was absolutely the best at accommodating him and his partner and filling him in a bit on the timeline of the day. My photographer was my godmother and had a woman from another professional photography company there with her to help. They were also not sure of the timeline, but the hotel staff had been understanding of our "first look" in the garden area and halted their set-up for the sake of our photos. The food was absolutely fantastic. I had so many people come up to me regarding the quality of the food, so we were very happy with that. For the initial room and ceremony set-up we did all of the flowers and decor ourselves. I specifically remember my catering manager, Casey, come up to me in the garden area before the start of the wedding to make sure we didn't need any help with anything specific. The hotel basically gave me and my family the run of the place to get everything set up the way we had envisioned on that day. I had initially been a bit afraid of this part since I know most places are used to working with day-of professional planners or florists. We were able to do it all ourselves without any grievances or hoops to jump through. I was very impressed with the "state of calm" and how the day turned out. It was a lot of fun, we were blessed with beautiful weather, and the hotel bewitched me forever. Me and my husband will certainly be back to celebrate our anniversaries. Thank you again to the hotel staff! Bravo!

100% Perfection - Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Katie A

I could go on & on about Hotel Baker. Besides the obvious fact it is a gorgeous venue, the service from beginning to end blew my mind. Amanda is phenomenal! We didn't think this venue was in our budget since we were having only 80 guests, but Amanda worked with us on the... Read More budget. Not only did she make sure everything from ceremony to reception ran smooth, she helped with set up & guest seating. I did not have a care in the world knowing she was handling everything. Her suggestions during planning were awesome as well. Something so simple as putting framed childhood photos on the cocktail tables instead of one large display to encourage guests to mingle during cocktail hour made a difference. This lady has mastered her craft! The food was spectacular. We even had a coordinator during dinner which helped us make time between courses to speak with every guest table (which was our request). A couple guests had food allergies, & the staff was extremely mindful. The attention to detail made the night spectacular. Most extras were included that other venues charged extra for (table number choices, linen color choices, toasting flutes, late night snack, etc). We also had the suite with a private rooftop hot tub for our wedding night included. I can't say enough positive things about the venue and staff! It was the wedding & reception of our dreams!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Cara S

Casey and the Hotel Baker team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Everything was well planned, executed and explained. The venue was perfect, the vendors were coordinated and the food/drinks were amazing. It was the perfect day, a large part thanks to Hotel... Read More Baker! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a unique and reasonably priced wedding/rehearsal venue in the Chicagoland area.

Magical Evening

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Hotel Baker was a magical place to have a wedding and reception. All of our guests danced the night away on the beautiful glowing dance floor. I would recommend the hotel for a wedding. We did have our rehearsal dinner in the Waterfront room and it was perfect. The food was also... Read More excellent. The hotel is vintage and makes you feel like you are in a Chicago hotel.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Daughter just got married there. Perfect wedding. Rose garden is beautiful day and night. Guests comments were that it was the best wedding they had ever gone been invited to attend. Classy and elegant!!!

Perfet Venue - Best Bang for your Buck

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kristen O

Hotel Baker is an incredibly unique place with tons of 'Chitown charm'. The best part is it's actually historic, and not gimmicky at all. We had a 150 person wedding, and my friends in Chicago basically considered it a nearby 'destination wedding'. Having everything from the... Read More ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception in 1 spot made my day so much more carefree... I was just excited to get married and party! The planning was extremely organized and the staff executed incredibly well. There's a reason Hotel Baker is constantly booked with weddings - they know what they're doing! Not to mention we had KILLER wedding photos - the space inside and out is so gorgeous, you barely have to invest in decorations. I highly recommend this venue - compared to other costs we were seeing, this was definitely the best character/culture/experience and professional venue for your $$. I have absolutely zero regrets. Hotel Baker gave our guests and my groom and I the best wedding day we'll always remember fondly. It was a blast!

My wedding at hotel baker

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Omg I loved how everything turned out! My ceremony was held at the beautiful rose garden! It was very romantic..and the pictures turned out absolutely stunning. Our guests enjoyed the view! Our reception was at the rainbow room..once I saw the light up glass dance floor I knew I... Read More wanted my wedding was just perfect for a wedding. The dance floor changed into different colors throughout the night! The staff was very accommodating to the bridal party and all of our guests. We've gotten a lot of compliments from our guests about the food and venue. Overall it is an elegant, stunning venue and a great experience Happy Bride

Gorgeous, unique wedding that our guests said was their 'best ever' wedding!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Hotel Baker hosted both our wedding ceremony as well as our celebration reception this year. The bottom line is that we could not have asked for better service on the day and evening of our wedding. Our guests raved about their rooms, the comfort of their beds, the food, and... Read More even the bartender who learned their drinks and had them ready as they walked up for a refill. We were thrilled with every aspect. Hotel Baker is a unique location that is completely different than your typical reception hall, as the hotel was built in the 1920s and has been beautifully restored to it's original charm, with all of the modern updates we needed. I highly recommend Hotel Baker for your event. We return often to have dinner and stay the night, and it's a wonderful way to revisit the magic of our wedding, any time we want to. Just an added benefit! Thank you to everyone at Hotel Baker for making our wedding amazing and perfect in every way!!!

Hotel Baker-- A fantastic experience!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Kelly S

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hotel Baker. Everything was absolutely perfect! We had planned to get married outside on the Boathouse, have our cocktail hour in the Rose Garden, and our dinner and dancing in the Rainbow Room. However, on the day... Read More of the wedding, the weather was not completely cooperating. Amanda, our Catering Manager, was INCREDIBLY helpful in helping us make the call to move all of the events inside and then proceeded to make sure that our day was perfect despite the changes in the plan. She and all the hotel staff certainly delivered. The ceremony was gorgeous, the cocktail hour flowed perfectly, and the dinner and reception could not have been any better. Everything was FABULOUS and hotel made sure my husband and I were made to feel so special all day. ALL of our guest commented that it was one of, if not the best wedding they had ever attended. I cannot begin to express how happy I am we chose Hotel Baker as our venue for our wedding!

Waterfront Room 8/15/2015 Parker / Belter

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

AMAZING. The room accommodated all guest complete with the ability for dinner, music and dancing. We experienced exceptional weather that afforded an opportunity for our desire of having an outside ceremony with the backdrop of flowing water and a beautiful Garden. The... Read More service was impeccable along with the overall quality of the catering for dinner and late night dessert bars. We continue to be impressed with the entire thoroughness of the planning and execution of the Hotel Baker Catering Department, hotel accommodations, physical geography to accommodate our traveling guest and the be of service attitude with attention to detailed for all associated of the Hotel Baker.

Wonderful Setting, Wonderful Memories

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Aimee B

My (now) husband and I used the Hotel Baker for both ceremony location and reception services. The staff was extremely helpful in not only helping us plan our big day, but also in keeping everything running smoothly on the day of our event. I cannot say enough nice things... Read More about our particular coordinator, Amanda Ingle, as she was instrumental in keeping our special day nothing but a whirlwind of great memories. Any questions that we had were answered in an extremely timely manner, and the few special requests we had were graciously accommodated. If I had to get married again, I would do it here in a heartbeat. In fact, we are already planning an annual tradition to revisit this location for anniversaries. In choosing this location we were not disappointed; and I'm sure any other bride & groom would feel the same. Thank you to all!

Hotel Baker wedding reception

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

We held my daughter's wedding reception here, and it was a perfect evening. The staff of the Baker were attentive and highly professional. Casey Pifke, the coordinator, is highly organized, efficient, calm and reliable. This venue is so unique, and perfect for a couple who is... Read More looking for something very intimate, vintage, classic and unique. We didn't use the venue for the actual ceremony, though the rose garden is an absolutely stunning location for one. The Baker offers a wonderful combination of outside area for ceremony and/or cocktail hour, and the Rainbow Room or Waterfront Room for the reception. In case of inclement weather, there is an area available inside for the cocktail hour, but we were very grateful that we didn't need to move inside since we had beautiful weather. They tell you that the Rainbow Room will hold 200. We had around 150 guests, which was ideal. 200 would be very cramped. We had many people who spent the night as well. Everyone said their rooms were wonderful: comfortable beds, great views, well appointed. All in all a great experience and a beautiful place for a memorable wedding!

Perfect Day, Perfect Place

Reviewed on 6/20/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better venue. The food, the Waterfront Room & the outside patio including the view added to the fun & beauty of this Wedding Celebration! Between Elizabeth Wray's creations & Hotel Baker it was a memorable event! The comments from our guests... Read More were all positive and complimentary. We highly recommend Hotel Baker & Elizabeth Wray's Designs for any event but most especially weddings. You couldn't do better than the best!

Wow what a night!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Stephanie P

We had our wedding at the Hotel Baker November 15, 2014 for 112 guests. This was our second marriage and we want an elegant yet fun venue. The hotel Baker did not disappoint. Lena Vocalino worked with us for a year and was patient, gracious and a real professional. The food was... Read More spectacular - kudos to the chef. From the valets, cloakroom staff, front desk and set up team the evening was perfect. A special thank you to the wait staff and bartenders who were amazing and made the night a success. Our guests through it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. Thank you to the entire staff of the hotel.

Fall Wedding at Hotel Baker

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Mandy C

Hotel Baker was a dream venue for my husband and me. From the beginning, the staff at Hotel Baker were welcoming, communicative, and friendly. We were able to secure both the exquisite Waterfront Room, for our ceremony, and the elegant Rainbow Room, for our ceremony, on our... Read More wedding day. Our coordinator Casey was a pleasure to work with and was willing to work with us on any and all changes made during the planning process. She checked in with us during the rehearsal to make sure all our requests were met. She also worked with us the day of to make sure we were happy as the day was taking place. She introduced us to the evening catering manager before checking out for the evening to ensure we were in good hands. She even made sure we had cocktails ready during dinner. We felt well taken care of before, during, and after the wedding. The food was five-star. Our guests ranted and raved about the quality of the food and how it was prepared. The filet mignon was so tender and juicy and the salmon was delectable. We could not have been more satisfied with the dining experience. If a unique, one-of-a-kind venue is what you are looking for, then Hotel Baker is the choice for you. You certainly get what you pay for.

Great service

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Karen J

The beauty of Hotel Baker sells itself! The food was awesome, service was A+ and all of our guests love the uniqueness of the Rainbow room, Waterfront room and Rose Garden!

Post wedding brunch August 24, 2014

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

We had our daughter's post wedding brunch in their Waterfront Room with about 50 people. Hotel Baker did a wonderful job with the brunch. The food was amazing and the service was equally impressive. The place is spectacular with great views and accommodations were very... Read More nice. This venue is a wonderful place for a wedding or any celebration. The only reason we did not have the wedding here was limited in space with over 200+ guests. I highly recommend this venue and the owners are involved in the business and community and are wonderful people. Emir Abinion

Fabulous Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

We had the pleasure of attending an outstanding wedding reception at Hotel Baker this summer. From cocktails to dessert everything was perfect. The hotel located on the beautiful Fox River is very elegant with it's magnificent historic charm. The gorgeous tables were... Read More decorated beautifully and included pictures of sports figures the Bride and Groom admire - perfect personal touch to the festivities! In addition, the Blackhawks mascot got the dancing started! As a guest, what stood out to me was the flow of the event. Exceptional service without feeling rushed. Each phase of the evening was timed very well and everyone enjoyed it. The meal was excellent and delicious. All in all a fabulous evening. We sure hope we get invited to another wedding reception at the Hotel Baker! Highly recommend this venue.