Hotel Baker

Saint Charles, IL

Book Your Wedding with Hotel Baker

A BALLROOM IN SAINT CHARLES, IL

Found in the historic downtown area of St. Charles, Illinois, the Hotel Baker, originally built in 1928, is the ideal venue. Featuring old-fashioned charm and unrivaled luxurious elegance, you can enjoy several different locations to say "I do." Each of the spaces can host up to 200 guests, allowing you to plan the event of your dreams. Some of those venues include:

Traditional English Rose Garden. Featuring manicured hedges and lush flowers, this stunning garden is ideal to exchange vows. You feel as though you are in your own secret garden when hidden away in the Rose Garden.

The Boathouse. Here, you can easily host your cocktail hour prior to your reception. It is located near the Rose Garden, making it easy for guests to get there after the ceremony.

The Waterfront Ballroom and Patio. Overlooking the spectacular Fox River, this room offers your guests the ability to enjoy the interior and exterior of this venue thanks to the attached patio. With marble flooring and elegant chandeliers, you find this is the ideal grandiose environment for your big day.

The Rainbow Room. This is an oval-shaped space that features an old romantic air with a circular balcony, rich mahogany columns and a lighted dance floor.

If you are booking the Hotel Baker for your wedding, it offers flexible setup and start times. There is a rental fee that includes six hours of event time, excluding the setup and cleanup hours. The venue also charges a minimum food and beverage fee. The venue offers a buffet-style dinner option and provides extra hours for an additional fee as well.

It is important to note that all food, beverages and alcohol have to be handled by the venue. Amplified music can be in both indoor and outdoor settings, but smoking is only allowed outdoors in designated areas. All music has to end by midnight and wheelchair access is limited in some areas.

If you are planning to exchange vows at the Hotel Baker, you find the venue offers much more than spectacular locations. There are a number of additional perks and amenities to enjoy, including the following:

• Event coordination services provided
  • Dance floor, chairs and tables provided by the venue
  • Coat check room
  • Glassware, silverware and linens provided
  • Setup and cleanup handled by the venue staff
  • Overnight, on-site accommodations available
  • Access to European coffee bar
  • Provisions for a custom wedding cake for an additional fee
  • Four-hour bar featuring premium spirits
  • Complimentary champagne toast
  • Luxury king guest room for the couple the night of the wedding
  • Wine service with dinner

Hotel Baker - A Tradition Since 1928

Have a wedding worthy of your dreams in our exquisite oval Rainbow Room with lighted dance floor or our elegant Waterfront Room reprising a European Courtyard with spectacular river views. Our riverside Rose Garden and sweeping waterfront patio provide perfect venues for your on-site ceremony.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

100 West Main Street, Saint Charles, IL (630) 584-2100
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Gina R

We had our wedding last Saturday at Hotel Baker and it was complete perfection! I had dreamed of getting married at Hotel Baker since I was a little girl and it did not disappoint. From our first meeting with Casey Pifke the planning went so smoothly and she was always there for... Read More us for and was a complete professional. The staff went above and beyond and the food was delicious!! I have received so many compliments about our wedding! I wouldn't have wanted if anywhere else! We also had our bridal shower in the Waterfront Room and I hope to someday have an anniversary party there! Thank you Casey and the rest of Hotel Baker for helping my wedding dream turn into a reality!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Carmen C

Thank you HOTEL BAKER! For making our dreams come true - with the most fantastic venue anyone could ever hope for. We had our ceremony and reception in the Rainbow Room. We had a winter themed wedding in December 2016- and it was truly a magical experience. Let me just... Read More say - that Hotel Baker decorates beautifully - and we just needed to add our final touches to it. If you're lucky enough to have scheduled your wedding during this holiday time - then you will thoroughly enjoy the experience. The next morning was Breakfast with Santa - and that was the best ending to a perfect wedding weekend. We had the best catering manager with Natalie Sutphen. Rowena the owner -- simply a warm and enjoyable person to work with, the hotel staff from the bell cap to the front desk people - you could not ask for friendlier or better people to make your experience wonderful. Joe and Marcie our bartenders - so incredibly talented making our signature drink - and just making it fun all around. The hotel is gorgeous - hands down -- The Rainbow Room -- stunning. As soon as you walk in, you are greeted warmly. And everyone is so willing to help. The Chef - delicious meals - and we thank you for the special requests. Should you want a magical experience for your wedding -- The Hotel Baker is charming - and you will have wonderful memories. Our guests are still taking about the wedding.

Donnie Wahlberg & Jenny McCarthy's Wedding at Hotel Baker

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Hotel Baker was the 'perfect' venue for our wedding. Both Donnie and I were pleased with the way our wedding turned out. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff went above and beyond, fulfilling every request for us and our guests. The hotel management worked... Read More with all the vendors to make our wedding day amazing! The ambiance of the Hotel Baker speaks for itself...absolutely beautiful. Words cannot express our gratitude for the treasured memories of our wedding day at the Hotel Baker!

2014-09-25T20:18:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jenny and Donnie! We are grateful for the opportunity and honored to have been chosen as the venue choice of your special day. Best wishes to you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

Hotel Baker was the perfect venue for our wedding. The Waterfront room was ideal. Claire did an excellent job coordinating for us. All of our guests agree, we had a spectacular wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Courtney C

Absolutely everything about Hotel Baker was beautiful. From our first meeting with the catering manager to our wedding day, the staff was accommodating, respectful and went out of their way to ensure our day was perfect. Hotel Baker provided a room for the bridal party to get... Read More ready in prior to heading to the church. Rowena, the owner of the hotel, brought up refreshments while the girls were getting ready, and just checked in to see how everything was going. The setup of the reception was gorgeous and cocktail hour in the rose garden was magical. Both the cocktail hour and reception went so smoothly. We received so many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was, too! I would 100% recommend Hotel Baker to anyone looking for the perfect venue for their wedding!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Karen C

My daughter had her wedding reception at Hotel Baker in St. Charles. She could not have picked a more perfect venue for her wedding. Rowena and her staff were truly amazing! They helped make this special day even more incredible. It started from the time we checked in, until... Read More the time we checked out. The GM and her staff made sure my daughter, my family and our guests were treated like royalty. Whatever we needed, her staff would get it within minutes. Our guests spent time in the Rox City Grill celebrating after the rehearsal dinner and in the morning for breakfast. The staff here were awesome! The ambiance of the hotel was so perfect for my daughter's wedding. The garden was such a perfect setting for the cocktail hour, the Rainbow Room was totally cool for dinner and dancing and the warmth and charm of the hotel was lovely. It was a magical weekend and I can't thank the GM and her staff enough for making my daughter's wedding one we will never forget.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Kelly S

My husband and I got married at Hotel Baker last month and it was amazing!! Our contact, Casey, was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the entire planning process. Prior to our wedding I had read reviews in which guests said it was the "best wedding food" they had ever... Read More had... and many of our guests said the same thing!! The Hotel is beautiful, food is delicious, and the staff is professional and provide great service. Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Jennifer S

Hotel Baker was an amazing!! From first booking it to the day of my wedding, the staff was prompt and very professional. It by far surpassed my expectations.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Jenna B

Growing up in St. Charles, I always dreamed of getting married at Hotel Baker. I am fortunate for enough to have had my dream come true, and for Hotel Baker to far surpass my expectations and vision for my dream wedding. I worked with Casey and she was beyond wonderful to work... Read More with. She ensured everything was organized and that my vision came to life. The staff at hotel baker was outstanding, the food was amazing (we got so many compliments on the meal choices!), the ballroom was beautiful, and the whole reception was just perfect! Thank you so much Hotel Baker for my dream wedding!! Jenna & Matt Massheimer

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Bradley W

We came for a wedding venue and reception tour. We arrived at our scheduled time and checked in. After waiting 30min we asked if someone would help us. After waiting some more a person came up and said the lady we would tour with is busy so couldnt show us but she could. We did... Read More the tour and she couldnt answer questions we had as she didnt normally do tours. Looking over the place you could tell they do not pay attention to details, lights were out, mildew was on the ceremony ground, bushes needed to be trimmed, trash was on the grounds, etc. We asked about a bridal suite and they said it would be a normal room but the bride would have to vacate at 3pm, 2hrs before the ceremony. They said we get a block of rooms for guests at a discounted rate, after looking the normal rate this was only $10 off per room. We finished the tour and then saw the original lady we scheduled the tour with, she did not apologize or say anything to us. If we are going to spend upwards of 40k we just ask for some good customer service and to not blow us off when we scheduled the appointment weeks prior. After all that this venue was one of the most expensive we saw but didnt offer nearly as much as other venues and was smaller, and dirtier/run down. Be prepared to spend 25k starting (without customizing). We ended up going with another venue that offers 3x as much, pays attention to detail and treats customers much much better.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

My best friend got married at this venue last weekend. As part of the package they offer a free night stay for the bride and groom (which is an average room, not a suite or anything) We wanted to upgrade and they said we would have to pay full price to do so, which was $399.... Read More Getting ready with 6 bridesmaids and a bride was a serious problem in this room. Also, we wanted to have champagne for the bride while getting ready, their bar did not open until 4pm and could not do anything. Also- They would not do early check in for anyone of the groups coming, which was the entire family and wedding party. This created a huge issue because now all were forced into the room of the bride to do final touches and get dress OR we had to change in the public bathroom to be ready for pictures..... The venue was beautiful but the accommodations for the wedding party were poor. There is no room to get the bridal party together before to have food and drinks. (We had to get snack for the room because nothing is served until after 4pm) The bride and groom were charged a $250 cleaning fee for the following: - Snacks in the room (some pretzels got on the floor) - Bottles of champagne (which we had to get ourselves and had no place to discard.) - BOBBY PINS everywhere- the bride took out her hair before going to bed) All of these were for a $250 charge and not to mention how much money was spent by the bride and groom to even think this is acceptable. The entire hotel was rented out by the bridal party and family. (Total count at the wedding 110) This is a small venue and have a hard time keeping up with a large party for hotel room accommodations. I would suggest staying elsewhere and arriving to the venue to have the ceremony....the preparations piece was very disappointing.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Josh C

We had our wedding 12-16-16 at hotel Baker and everything was wonderful. Our ceremony and reception were both held in the rainbow room which was decorated flawlessly. The food was delicious and the services was outstanding. Our coordinator, Casey, was extremely helpful and... Read More responsive throughout the entire planning process and wedding itself. Our guests and ourselves have nothing but good things to say about this place. Thank you hotel Baker for the wedding of a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kate G

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Hotel Baker on 11/5/16. Our ceremony was held outside in their beautiful rose garden, and reception inside the rainbow room. We cannot recommend Hotel Baker enough to any couples looking for a wedding venue! Casey, the catering... Read More manager, was wonderful to work with. She was always available to answer and questions, and covered every detail. We received so much positive feedback from our guests. Thank you Hotel Baker for helping us have a perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jay H

We held our wedding and reception at Hotel Baker in May 2016. Hotel Baker is a boutique hotel on the Fox River in St. Charles. It is a beautiful setting in a historic building. We planned our wedding from long distance and wasn't able to visit the venue before booking. We... Read More felt comfortable after Casey showed our cousins around the venue with us following along on Facetime. Casey is amazing. She is organized, knowledgeable, resourceful and that perfect balance of giving good suggestions and letting you make the wedding yours. We were hoping for an outdoor wedding, but the day before we decided the weather wasn't going to cooperate. As soon as we made the decision, the Hotel Baker staff made all the necessary arrangements. We never had to worry. The staff at Hotel Baker is very professional. All of our guests raved about the appetizers, the dinner, the late night snacks, the sweets table, etc. Great party with great people at a great venue. For any LGBT couples out there, Hotel Baker is an open and welcoming place.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Thomas Z

The best day of my life was when I married my wife at Hotel Baker. The enviornment was beautiful and the staff was very professional and attentive. The Rainbow Room just added to the overall classy, vintage, and romantic atmosphere that we were going for.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Norman C

Fairy tales and dream weddings do come true! What a wonderful, magical place to have a wedding . My husband Rob and myself have nothing but wonderful memories of our wedding day and reception. Our guests are still commenting about our wedding! Hotel Baker (and our talented... Read More catering manager Amanda) lived far beyond our expectations and wishes. We have only heard rave reviews from our guests including family and friends. Everything about our wedding day exceeded what we wished for including... the overall experience, the food, the hotel, location, photo opportunities, the ceremony at the Boathouse on the Fox River, the reception, the magical Rainbow Room, the incredible Penthouse and even the continental breakfast served to hotel guests. We were also very impressed with the staff. We specifically are grateful to Denise who went well beyond her duties and hand ironed every table cloth to make our day picture perfect. If you are searching for a unique, historical venue where you can have your ceremony outdoors, cocktail hour in a breathtaking river view room or rose garden, a reception in a one of a kind spectacular lighted dance floor ballroom... and have accomodations for the newlyweds and all your guests... then Hotel Baker is for you too!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

Hotel Baker as a venue is great but what made it awesome was Casey and the overall staff. We received so many compliments on Hotel Baker from: what a beautiful hotel and reception rooms (Cocktails in the Waterfront Room and Reception in the Rainbow Room), the Rose Garden and... Read More back patios are amazing, to the food was great and the staff was awesome and many overall comments about how the venue and ambiance was our guests wedding of the decade. I was so happy how everything turned out and all the support we received from Casey and the staff- I was so happy seeing the joy and huge smile my bride had the whole night. I also loved the rooms, we rented out the Baker Suite and the Penthouse, they were great rooms with tons of character and provided a great back drop for pictures. Our family pictures in the Rose Garden are my favorites- very classy and unique. The Rainbow room floor, lit up in a soft white/yellow provide a neat floor background when taking pictures from the balcony. We even included tacos and gelato as a late night snack and they were a hit as well! I can't thank Casey enough for guidance throughout the entire planning and for her support during the day of the wedding. Maybe you want to second guess if Hotel Baker is right for you but if you really visualize the elegance, warmth and character that Hotel Baker can provide, you'll have the same feeling of excitement that we had.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Meagan W

I'll preface this with saying that our wedding on 10/1/16 in the Waterfront room was AMAZING! The day was flawless and was exactly what my husband and I wanted. The only reason this wasn't a 5-star review is because of our coordinator, Casey. While she did her job, that's was... Read More all she did. She did not make this experience fun or exciting for us, there was very little personality and she acted as if it was killing her to meet with us. She was AWFUL at getting back to me (one more than 2 occasions I waited almost 2 weeks to receive an email back from her) and just made us feel like our day wasn't a priority. If I had a choice, I would have chosen another coordinator. The rest of the staff, however, was outstanding. Hotel Baker is one of our favorite places in the world & having our wedding day there just added another reason as to why.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Helen A

Hotel Baker was such a wonderful place to have our wedding reception. We had our reception in the waterfront room while there was also a wedding in the rainbow room. You would never have known two weddings were going on. We had full attention, all staff was wonderful and our... Read More catering manager, Amanda, was so amazing! Every question we had while planning she answered quickly, on the day of she and the other staff made sure everything ran on time. I felt like royalty the whole day! The waterfront room was perfect for our smaller reception of 82 guests. We took photos before the cocktail hour in the rose garden and then our cocktails were out on the patio. I highly recommend the waterfront ballroom!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Matt K

My wife and I recently had our wedding at Hotel Baker in the Rainbow Room with the ceremony taking place on the boathouse. Besides the hot Chicago heat, which couldn't be controlled, everything went perfectly. The incredible service started with Amanda, our wedding coordinator,... Read More and continued the day of with everyone working to make sure our wedding ran smoothly. The Rainbow Room was such a unique venue and the food was fantastic. All our guests commented on the food, venue, ceremony and of course the dancing on the unique lighted floor. We couldn't have been happier with our decision to use Hotel Baker and recommend it to anyone looking for a west suburb venue. Our guest count was 160 and imagine it being very comfortable up to 180 guests.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Holly H

We worked with Casey as our coordinator and she and the rest of the Hotel Baker staff did a great job helping us plan and execute our wedding ceremony and reception. We used mainly vendors the hotel recommended and I believe this contributed greatly to the wedding day running... Read More smoothly. There were no major issues the day of the wedding and everything was as I expected it and the food was amazing and generated many compliments from our guests. I definitely recommend Hotel Baker as a wedding venue. The historic charm and experienced staff will wow you and your guests and make your wedding day amazing!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Marla T

Thank you Hotel Baker! Our 120 person wedding was absolutely perfect. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner reception at Hotel Baker. The staff was so professional and kind. They did the sweetest things for my husband and I; giving us extra attention with food and... Read More drink, laying out place cards beautifully, and answering our every question leading up to the wedding. Casey, Michael, and the entire staff were also so confident and kind; the day was perfect. Thank you Hotel Baker!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Stephanie N

While the words are fresh in my head from the experience, I figured I would write a bit about my experience with the Hotel Baker as the bride. About 2 years ago after being freshly engaged to my now husband, I decided to go check out the hotel with my now mother-in-law and... Read More grandmother from the advice of my Godmother Karie. From the start, I had been a bit skeptical, my mother-in-law was in love the moment she stepped into the place, my grandmother the same but also understandably skeptical until we saw the details of the wedding package. I had initially told the catering manager, Casey, that I was not entirely sure how we would be able to afford such a place, but if I could somehow pull it off I would do my best. At first glance, the hotel is old. It has an "old" feel to it. So, if you don't like the feeling of its older, historical-like charm, then this is not the place for you. Everything about the place, including the service, reminded me of the movies where the servers and hotel staff knew you on a first name basis, so that was special to me as a bride putting forth a lot of time, effort and money. I felt like staff even overheard some criticism from my mother, myself and people they recognized to be of importance and they made all of the necessary changes the day of my wedding without needing us to approach them with the issues. Either they overheard everything, or they are just mind-readers (not really sure, at times it was really TOO good, like creepy good service and attention to detail). Another reason I had been skeptical, but also very hopeful, was the fact that since we were sinking most of our budget into the hotel, that our other vendors were very inexperienced or newer to weddings (our TOTAL wedding budget-dress, transportation, rings included-was $30,000 for reference). We were not sure how everything would mesh together on the actual day. I had hired a dueling piano company to do my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. The hotel was absolutely the best at accommodating him and his partner and filling him in a bit on the timeline of the day. My photographer was my godmother and had a woman from another professional photography company there with her to help. They were also not sure of the timeline, but the hotel staff had been understanding of our "first look" in the garden area and halted their set-up for the sake of our photos. The food was absolutely fantastic. I had so many people come up to me regarding the quality of the food, so we were very happy with that. For the initial room and ceremony set-up we did all of the flowers and decor ourselves. I specifically remember my catering manager, Casey, come up to me in the garden area before the start of the wedding to make sure we didn't need any help with anything specific. The hotel basically gave me and my family the run of the place to get everything set up the way we had envisioned on that day. I had initially been a bit afraid of this part since I know most places are used to working with day-of professional planners or florists. We were able to do it all ourselves without any grievances or hoops to jump through. I was very impressed with the "state of calm" and how the day turned out. It was a lot of fun, we were blessed with beautiful weather, and the hotel bewitched me forever. Me and my husband will certainly be back to celebrate our anniversaries. Thank you again to the hotel staff! Bravo!

100% Perfection - Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Katie A

I could go on & on about Hotel Baker. Besides the obvious fact it is a gorgeous venue, the service from beginning to end blew my mind. Amanda is phenomenal! We didn't think this venue was in our budget since we were having only 80 guests, but Amanda worked with us on the... Read More budget. Not only did she make sure everything from ceremony to reception ran smooth, she helped with set up & guest seating. I did not have a care in the world knowing she was handling everything. Her suggestions during planning were awesome as well. Something so simple as putting framed childhood photos on the cocktail tables instead of one large display to encourage guests to mingle during cocktail hour made a difference. This lady has mastered her craft! The food was spectacular. We even had a coordinator during dinner which helped us make time between courses to speak with every guest table (which was our request). A couple guests had food allergies, & the staff was extremely mindful. The attention to detail made the night spectacular. Most extras were included that other venues charged extra for (table number choices, linen color choices, toasting flutes, late night snack, etc). We also had the suite with a private rooftop hot tub for our wedding night included. I can't say enough positive things about the venue and staff! It was the wedding & reception of our dreams!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Cara S

Casey and the Hotel Baker team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Everything was well planned, executed and explained. The venue was perfect, the vendors were coordinated and the food/drinks were amazing. It was the perfect day, a large part thanks to Hotel... Read More Baker! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a unique and reasonably priced wedding/rehearsal venue in the Chicagoland area.