Hotel Baker

(47)

Saint Charles, IL

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Hotel Baker - A Tradition Since 1928

Have a wedding worthy of your dreams in our exquisite oval Rainbow Room with lighted dance floor or our elegant Waterfront Room reprising a European Courtyard with spectacular river views. Our riverside Rose Garden and sweeping waterfront patio provide perfect venues for your on-site ceremony.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Hotel/Resort, Mansion/Historic Site

100 West Main Street, Saint Charles, IL

Donnie Wahlberg & Jenny McCarthy's Wedding at Hotel Baker

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Hotel Baker was the 'perfect' venue for our wedding. Both Donnie and I were pleased with the way our wedding turned out. From the moment we arrived until our departure, the staff went above and beyond, fulfilling every request for us and our guests. The hotel management worked with all the vendors to make our wedding day amazing! The ambiance of the Hotel Baker speaks for itself...absolutely beautiful. Words cannot express our gratitude for the treasured memories of our wedding day at the Hotel Baker!

Simply Perfect!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014

Jeff & Lisa's wedding supper, drinks & goodies on the terrace was simply perfect - food, service, planning were all extremely well done and we are still receiving compliments from our nearly 50 guests. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Superlative Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014

This place has it down pat. Perfect! Charm, intimacy, excellent service, delicious food, you won't find a better spot. Every detail was executed to our liking. Stellar in every way.

Fall Wedding at Hotel Baker

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Mandy C

Hotel Baker was a dream venue for my husband and me. From the beginning, the staff at Hotel Baker were welcoming, communicative, and friendly. We were able to secure both the exquisite Waterfront Room, for our ceremony, and the elegant Rainbow Room, for our ceremony, on our wedding day. Our coordinator Casey was a pleasure to work with and was willing to work with us on any and all changes made during the planning process. She checked in with us during the rehearsal to make sure all our requests were met. She also worked with us the day of to make sure we were happy as the day was taking place. She introduced us to the evening catering manager before checking out for the evening to ensure we were in good hands. She even made sure we had cocktails ready during dinner. We felt well taken care of before, during, and after the wedding. The food was five-star. Our guests ranted and raved about the quality of the food and how it was prepared. The filet mignon was so tender and juicy and the salmon was delectable. We could not have been more satisfied with the dining experience. If a unique, one-of-a-kind venue is what you are looking for, then Hotel Baker is the choice for you. You certainly get what you pay for.

Post wedding brunch August 24, 2014

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

We had our daughter's post wedding brunch in their Waterfront Room with about 50 people. Hotel Baker did a wonderful job with the brunch. The food was amazing and the service was equally impressive. The place is spectacular with great views and accommodations were very nice. This venue is a wonderful place for a wedding or any celebration. The only reason we did not have the wedding here was limited in space with over 200+ guests. I highly recommend this venue and the owners are involved in the business and community and are wonderful people. Emir Abinion

father of the bride

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

we had our wedding and reception at the Baker Hotel.I am very picky, and have passed that along to my daughter, the outside venue was beautiful, the service over looking the fox river was beautiful the reception was PERFECT,the food, the drinks ,the service, the attention to detail was excellent !I wasn't thrilled when I looked at the lighted floor in the daylight, but it was very cool at the reception in the evening, and all the guested loved it, I am a stickler for detail and they exceeded my expectations...my daughter's wedding was perfect, we can carry that memory forever, and I don't have to hear her complain!, because, nothing was missed or out of place

The Wedding of our Dreams

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Molly T

Between the historic, ornate hotel and the gorgeous outdoor space, Hotel Baker was the perfect venue for our wedding. I am extremely detail oriented and the staff at Hotel Baker went above and beyond to meet and exceed all of my expectations. The service was absolutely impeccable from the beginning of the night to the end. The food was out of this world...we served the filet, heritage chicken, and wok seared vegetables and we have received rave reviews! I cannot express how happy we are with the whole Hotel Baker experience and I would definitely recommend this venue to other couples looking for a romantic, unique, and incredible wedding experience!

Wedding perfection!

Reviewed on 9/20/2014

When arriving in the charming town of St. Charles and entering the beautiful Hotel Baker, we were impressed by the hospitality of every single employee there. We had such a good time, that we stayed an extra day! Nothing was overlooked and when meeting the owner, Rowena, we knew why. She takes pride in her hotel and making sure that everyone feels at home. Had the best time hanging out with her as well! So glad we got to experience Hotel Baker because I'll recommend it to all my friends who are planning a wedding or travelling to Illinois!

Elegant and

Reviewed on 9/20/2014

The wedding and reception were held in the Rainbow Room. Drinks and appetizers were served in the Rose Garden. The Hotel Baker provided the right feel we wanted for our daughter's wedding. The Rainbow Room gave a more formal touch to the wedding and dinner, yet was fun with the lighted glass floor for dancing. The food was wonderful and all who attended raved about everything including the hotel decor, food, and excellent service. The hotel is not handicapped accessible, but the staff graciously brought my elderly aunts appetizers as they could not go into the Rose Garden and had to sit in the lobby during that time. We loved the Hotel Baker! (A sentimental note: the bride's grandparents had their wedding reception there 68 years ago although this was not know until after we had booked the Rainbow Room.)

Magical Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Ann H

My daughter & her new husband were married at the Hotel Baker recently, the whole experience exceeded our expectations. Our wedding planner Casey met our many requests without hesitation. The venue was beautiful, the food was outstanding. Many guests stated it not only the best wedding food they had but the best meal. The staff provided excellent service, the appetizers were served flawlessly & were all excellent. The meals were wonderful. Throughout the night the staff provided great service & never complained about changes to wedding location from outside to inside due to weather. The lighted dance floor was amazing. We could not ask for a better venue. The guests that stayed at the Hotel loved the rooms & experience. Thanks to all who helped at the wedding for us.

Perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Karen C

My daughter had her wedding and cocktail reception in the Rose Garden, and reception in the Rainbow Room. It was absolutely beautiful! The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, and the wedding/reception ran like clockwork. The next morning was an expanded continental breakfast where everyone gathered to say their good-byes. People were raving about the hotel, and how beautiful it was. It is pricey! This is not the place if you are on a tight budget or have more than about 160 people. They wanted a smaller wedding, and the venue is perfect for an upscale, sophisticated, intimate wedding. Parking is not a big deal. There are a few free lots that are less than 2 blocks away. It was truly my daughter's dream wedding.

Like a dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/18/2013 Nancy H

The Hotel Baker did a phenomenal job on our wedding. The food was amazing, the service was top-notch and all of our overnight guests were very pleased with the accommodations. The Waterfront Room is simply beautiful and was gorgeous by candlelight for our reception. Thanks to Lena, the catering manager and Mike the banquet manager for everything!

Best wedding ever at Hotel Baker!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Nicole D

Hotel Baker is an excellent place to have a wedding. The service, the people, and the food was outstanding. Plus, Joe is the best bartender ever!! Sneak in there for a famous martini!!! I would highly recommend this venue. It's a beautiful place at the heart of St Charles! Hats off to the Baker!!!!

Can't wait

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

I recently went to a wedding at the baker hotel and had the best time at a reception so far. The amazing multi light color dance floor an the exceptional service made it flawless. We are planning our wedding coming up and can't wait to book the baker hotel so we can have the same experience.

Mrs

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Abbey H

We went to the baker hotel for a wedding an had an absolutely amazing experience. The hotel was clean, beautiful and had amazing historical feel. The hotel staff were nice and helpful.

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Lynne K

the location, the venue, the service, the food... guest services all spectacular. Working with Cai from day one, we were treated with kindness and confidence. All dreams and concerns were addressed and worked out beautifully!

Magical Wedding Day

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Rowena S

Hotel Baker - the best wedding I have attended so far. The Rose Garden was stunning - beautiful florals in full bloom and bushes meticulously manicured. The food was delicious - the steak was done to perfection; the chicken dish was moist and superb, to say the least. The Rainbow Room's famous glass-lit floor is simply amazing. Once the bride and groom stepped onto the dance floor, the entire room became a fairy tale to be remembered forever. The staff was attentive and courteous. It was an fun-filled day and night at Hotel Baker!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Kristen T

From the very time we stepped foot in the building we knew this is where we wanted our wedding to be! The hotel is absolutely gorgeous inside and out! More importantly, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful! From our very first meeting with our wedding coordinator, to the day of the event, all of our wants and needs were taken care of. We had our ceremony and reception in the Rainbow Room, due to the weather being bad. The transition was seamless. The food was AMAZING! There were absolutely no hiccups. All of our guests ranted and raved about what a great time they had! I cannot say enough good things about the Hotel Baker! Thank you so much for making my dream wedding come true!!!!

Wedding Celebration to Remember

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

We just can't say "thank you" enough to Hotel Baker for their part in making our daughter's wedding such an memorable day. From beginning to end they were AWESOME!! The service was PERFECT!! The food was GREAT!! The staff was SO friendly and professional!! Honestly, we have no negatives!! The guests who also stayed in the hotel had only favorable comments. What a special day this was!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Lauren S

Hotel Baker is fabulous! Our event coordinator was extremely friendly and accessible for all questions throughout our planning process. There were so many different options to choose from for creating a wedding package. She listened to our vision for a vintage theme and the day was exactly what we wanted! The food and service was fabulous! There was another wedding the same day at the The Waterfront restaurant and I couldn't even tell. We were well taken care of. We reserved the Rainbow Room, and it was decorated so beautifully. We also had access to the rose garden for pictures and cocktail hour. The space allows for a romantic and intimate wedding. We had 180 guests. I would suggest this is a good number for the amount of space. Hotel Baker is also located on one of the cutest streets in St. Charles.... We had plenty of amazing picture opportunities and there were plenty of things to do, within walking distance, for our guests in between the ceremony and reception. We conveniently stayed at the hotel that night, as did some of our guests. The accommodations are very nice! Parking was also abundant and close to the hotel. Overall we were very pleased with the entire day! Thank you Hotel Baker for the most memorable wedding! Our guests are still complimenting on how amazing the food was!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Samone L

This was my dream location and it was amazing to get married there! We did the ceremony outside in the rose garden and it was BEAUTIFUL! The flowers and scene with the water is just breath taking, nothing like it. We also booked our wedding in both the rainbow room & the waterfront room. Both rooms are just stunning! The rainbow room was so amazing with the LARGE light up dance floor and overlooking top balcony seating! The waterfront room has a beautiful look out at the river with beautiful floors, high ceiling. The hotel has so many unique features to it, we fell in love right away! And a boat to take you away after the wedding for pictures! Who can beat that! We also used their trolley for the bridal party and it's so cute and not something you see every day! The place was over all just breath taking. The food was AMAZING! For wedding reception food my expectations where not very high but this is food that you except when you walk into a five star restaurant! My guests ranted and raved about the food, and how beautiful hotel baker was. The rooms for out of town guests are very nice and of course the penthouse for the bride & groom is so cool!! I would recommend Hotel Baker to any bride who wants something more then the average reception hall! And who can beat getting married and having the reception all in the same place! It is a must look and I will always be happy with how beautiful my wedding was!

Father of Bride

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

My daughter Sara, from the time she was 12, always said "When i get married I'd love my reception to be in the Rainbow Room at the Hotel Baker. Well, she got married on Sept. 21st and while we were dancing the Daddy/Daughter dance, Sara leaned in to me and said, 'Thank you Dad, this is a Dream come true". What more could a Father hope for. Thank you to EVERYONE at the Hotel Baker!!

Perfect in all ways!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Our daughter's and new son-in-law's wedding reception was perfect in all ways at the beautiful location of Hotel Baker in St. Charles, IL

Elegance in a Historical Setting

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Beth B

The Hotel Baker's tradition of elegance and personal service created the most spectacular wedding. The two tiered Rainbow Room with its beautiful lighted dance floor was the perfect setting for a truly magical evening. Our wedding consultant helped us with our wedding menu, rehearsal dinner, guest accommodations, valet service, florist, d.j., cakes, set up, etc., etc. The cuisine was amazing. Not only in taste but in presentation. Thank you Hotel Baker for a dream wedding!

Magical Wedding Perfection

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Ann P

We hosted our daughter's wedding on August 2nd, 2013 at Hotel Baker. It was a small wedding with only 55 people. We came to Hotel Baker because we wanted the full wedding experience for the smaller group. The first thing is that the food was incredible!!!! So many times you go to a wedding and get average banquet food, not here. The filet's were cooked to perfection and the presentation was beautiful. The Waterfront Room was the perfect size for our group, we had the dance floor in the center of the room and everyone had a great view. The service was perfect and attentive, the food was served quickly and the clean up was very prompt. Lastly, I cannot say enough good things about the planning experience with Cai Vargas. She walked us through the entire planning process and kept me as the MOB calm. Thank you again for all your beautiful work.

Send Email