Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina is a four-star hotel and spa located on the shores of Mission Bay in San Diego. This waterside location affords the hotel magnificent views of Mission Bay, the marina, tropical greenery and downtown San Diego. Couples interested in the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina have a wide variety of indoor and outdoor venues for their wedding ceremony and reception.

Regatta Pavilion is a large outdoor tent with impressive views of Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean. The pavilion can be reserved for a ceremony or reception.

Bayview Ballroom is the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina's largest and grandest event space with room for 500 seated guests. Overlooking Mission Bay, the ballroom features beautiful views and an adjoining terrace.

Mission Ballroom can accommodate up to 220 guests and features vaulted ceilings, elegant chandeliers and handcrafted woodwork. This ballroom also features the hotel's signature views of Mission Bay and the marina.

Palm Ballroom is the smallest ballroom at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay and Spa with seating for up to 130 guests. With a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the hotel's private garden terrace, this space is bathed in natural light.

Banyan Lawn & Court is a private outdoor venue for wedding ceremonies with up to 450 guests and seated receptions of 500 guests. This space features intricate landscaping inspired by the gardens of India and Southeast Asia with clusters of banyan trees and flowering shrubs.

Sunset Terrace is the ideal location for a waterfront wedding ceremony with up to 220 guests. This private terrace features unobstructed views of Mission Bay and is surrounded by natural landscaping and palm trees.

Penthouse is an intimate venue on the 18th floor of the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina. This space is perfect for a small reception with up to 65 guests. From the Penthouse, couples have views of both downtown San Diego and the Pacific Ocean.

Bayside Lawn features panoramic views of Mission Bay, making it another popular location for waterfront wedding ceremonies. This private lawn can accommodate up to 500 guests.

Cabana Lawn , located by the hotel's spa cabanas, is a tropical garden that accommodates up to 200 guests for an outdoor wedding ceremony.

All couples that book their wedding at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina are required to book a professional wedding coordinator. Couples can choose their own wedding coordinator or choose one from the hotel's list of recommended coordinators.

When it comes to menu planning, couples have a wide variety of options to fit the size and style of their wedding reception. The personal preference package allows guests to choose from four different entrées during the dinner service. Alternatively, couples can set a pre fixe menu and serve a standard plated dinner at the reception or serve a buffet dinner with a variety of food options.

The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina requires a final number of guests by 11:00 a.m. three working days before the commencement of a booked event. This number is considered a guarantee not subject to reduction. The hotel then prepares meals for 3 percent more than this guaranteed count.

When planning a wedding ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina, couples can reap Hyatt Gold Passport points for all food and beverages purchased for their wedding. These points can be redeemed for exclusive benefits and free nights at Hyatt hotels worldwide. Other extra perks for couples who book their wedding at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina include:

• Complimentary VIP suite for the bride and groom
  • Special accommodation rates for wedding guests
  • Mobile and adaptable dance floors and risers
  • On-site audiovisual expert

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay

Celebrate the love you cherish at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. A unique wedding site, we proudly offer one of the most scenic locations in Southern California. A Mission Bay wedding will have the bride beaming and the guests staying to enjoy the surroundings until the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Hotel, Park, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

1441 Quivira Road, San Diego, CA (619) 221-4834

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015

Working with this venue was the best choice that I made in the my wedding process. The food and service was amazing. If you are looking for a gorgeous waterfront hotel that has great photo opportunities and ambience this is the place for you. The food was even better than at... Read More the tasting. So happy...thank you!

Our Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 3/25/2013 Sara M

We recently had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at the Hyatt in Mission Bay, and we couldn't have been happier with the outcome! Hillary, the Catering Manager, was a pleasure to work with from the beginning and her and Barb and the rest of the catering staff made it an easy... Read More and enjoyable planning process. Their packages are reasonable, and they accommodated to all of our requests! The food at our reception was INCREDIBLE! Not to mention the tasting beforehand was so much fun- we were treated like royalty. We stayed four nights, as well as our bridal party, and friends and family from out of town, and everyone felt it was a true luxury resort experience all four days. When we checked in, Hillary had sent a special card with cheese, fruits, and nuts to our rooms.We wish we could do it all over again! We'll definitely be visiting the Hyatt when we come to San Diego so we can relive the weekend.

Amazing service and help

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Valerie L

I love love loved the Hyatt Mission Bay! It was beautiful and all of the staff made sure my day was amazing and went as smooth as possible. Especially Hilary! She was wonderful and I loved working with her. She was always trying her hardest to give us exactly what we wanted and... Read More helping us with everything. It was the best experience a bride could have the whole time all the way to her wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Annette C

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina- their grounds are beautiful especially for a wedding.. Christina (Hyatt Coordinator) worked with us on timing issues and made sure we had everything and anything we needed. She was able to... Read More get us access to the marina for pictures. She went above and beyond to make sure we had a beautiful wedding. Their staff -servers and baquet captains for our cocktail hour and dinner were extremely nice and professional. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency for a wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Joanna N

Overall, my wedding was great, but all of our "things gone wrong" were all due to the Hyatt's catering staff! We got married in the Banyan court and had the reception on the lawn next to it. During planning, when we could get a hold of Hillary, she was great. She was at times... Read More almost entirely unreachable and hard to get information out of though. I'd highly recommend when you meet with her, record your conversations so you can remember what was discussed. When meeting with a planner at the hotel, if you will be getting ready there, ask to see the room types you will be renting. Our ended up being really gross, so all of our fun bride getting ready photos have the gross hotel room in them! As far as what went wrong. The food! The food tasted fine, but was really cold. On top of being cold, the children didn't get fed until over an hour after the rest of the guests. Some guests got entirely skipped when it came to getting food and had to remind the staff constantly that they hadn't been served. Other comments, if you stay in the hotel before your wedding, make sure to pack some ear plugs. The seals are loud!

Way too expensive for what you get

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 JT K

We blocked rooms here for our wedding and they were super expensive and very pushy.

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Abigail K

So overall, my experience at the Hyatt was a pretty positive one! I worked directly with Hillary Cincotta and she was very responsive and sensitive to our needs. There was one thing about our ceremony site that had changed from the time of booking to the actual wedding day, and... Read More Hillary worked directly with my coordinator and I to ensure that we were happy with the changes. The only negative I have is the other staff that I worked with while Hillary was out on maternity leave was not as helpful. I think mainly they were not as experienced. Fortunately, Hillary was back in time for the wedding and everything went perfectly!! She even greeted us with champagne after our ceremony. Thank you Hyatt and Hillary for helping us put on the most perfect wedding!

Destination Wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Chrissy E

We had a destination wedding in San Diego on August 15, 2014. The ceremony and reception were at the Hyatt, and 99% of our guests attending the wedding stayed at the Hyatt. I will review the catering department first, then our experience at the resort. Catering: Hillary and... Read More Lauren were our catering contacts (mostly Hillary until more toward the end). They were wonderful people to work with, very accommodating, and promptly responded to emails and phone calls. Jennica was our contact for group reservations and she was also very easy to work with. I think everyone in that department deserves a raise, I don't know how they deal with neurotic brides-to-be and demanding wedding coordinators ;) The food at the wedding was amazing (particularly the crab cake appetizer and the blackened sea bass). Actually, the whole wedding was amazing. There were a lot of other key players and I did not see a whole lot behind the scenes (we also had a fantastic wedding coordinator, Geneene Thornton of Celebrations Event Planning), but the whole day was basically perfect. They all did a wonderful job, top notch! Resort: The front desk has issues. I will give them a break because it was the busy season (August), but still. We had favors that we wanted handed out to the guests upon check in, most of which didn't get handed out- even after we has our guests ASK for them. Hillary warned us that they might not be able to hand them out; however, I just don't understand why it was such a difficult task. They were all wrapped up, each with the guests name whose room it was booked under and a date of arrival. Most of the rooms weren't ready until 4pm ("check in time", still seems pretty late to me). A few guests complained of mold in their bathrooms. DESPITE ALL THIS, I enjoyed my VIP suite - it was gorgeous. Most of the rooms our guests had had a beautiful view. The pool area is nice & the pool bar has great food and drinks. The location is wonderful also, just a quick stroll and you can rent jet skis, paddle boards, and kayaks. Another nice little touch was when the staff at the Red Marlin (the house restaurant- amazing breakfast buffet, by the way!) recognized my husband and I the morning after our wedding and offered us complimentary mimosas. I will definitely stay at the Hyatt again (as long as it's in another VIP suite) :)

AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Sofia K

The food was fantastic! The venue was beautiful. Right on the marine/bay. Must check this place out. Ask for Hillary or Lauren. They are the bomb!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Carolyn T

I worked with Rocio from The Hyatt at Mission Bay on planning my small wedding in two months! She was fantastic! Since it was just me as my now husband was working about 500 miles away during this whole process she was there for all of it! I was so thankful to have her in my... Read More corner! I told her the feel of what I wanted and she gave me the different options available at the hotel and we went from there! From the set up of tables and chairs to the place settings, her and the fantastic staff took care of all the details the day of my wedding!! I just brought a box of favors, toasting glasses, all the little details to the front desk a couple days before and they took care of it! They took such great care of not only my fiancé and I but our family's and all of our guests! The fantastic hotel staff, and Rocio really made my wedding exactly what I wanted. Beautiful and stress free!!

Beautiful Venue, but a few misses

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Tina R

We got married here July 13, 2013. We picked the Baynon Court and Lawn for our ceremony and reception. We are big foodies and the food was AMAZING! Their on site Chef and staff did an excellent job. The cocktail hour was in the Cabana area, which was perfect to get a chance to... Read More see all our guests. We also had our rehersal dinner at the Red Marlin, food was excellent and the servers were professional and patient. So now for the misses. I understand for every event there are things that don't go quite right but some of these seemed like beginners mistakes, which for an establishment that has a reputation for doing many weddings was a little weird. First itemized cost sheets were very difficult to get and consistency with our contract. Every time we met with our Catering Manager it seemed like she forgot what we discussed the pervious time, even though she took notes. Also we were double charged for the rehersal dinner because the staff rang us up for 60 guests verses 45. Odd since we had an email confirming the number of heads and the area only physically sat 50 guests. We were reimbursed but it was a bit shocking to see an additional $1300 charge on your credit card 2 days after your wedding. Communication was a bit lacking. We thought we were being thorough but a few things didn't come across correctly. For example we asked to retain any extra wedding cake. We ended up with our entire 3 tier cake and only the sheet cake was served. Granted we had a cake eating party the next day but that was a bit of a bummer. Second we told the catering manager we have our own cake cutting kit and toasting glasses. Some reason she thought we bought toasting glasses for all the guests. Therefore our first speech had zero champange and for the second speech my two wedding coordinators were helping pour champange with the wait staff. There were times when the venue recovered some of their mishaps. We asked to have our dance floor on the grass. The dance floor that is provided by the hotel. We were told it shouldn't be a problem A couple months before the wedding our catering manager informed us they did a trial run of setting up the dance floor on the grass and it was not successful and that we had to find another vendor to supply the dance floor. I was livid, dance floors ranged from $700 up to $1100. Eventually the catering manager contacted our decorator to use their dance floor pad support for the hotels dance floor. We still had to pay $90 to rent the pad. Disaster averted. All in all we were both extremely happy with our wedding. We were just thrilled to say I Do to our best friend under a great baynon tree and dance the night away under the stars and market lights. We attribute this to having great friends be our wedding coordinators that were on top of each situation. This was one of the more pricy venues but they executed in ambience, food quality and staff service.

Awesome venue!

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Elisa C

I had my wedding at the Hyatt in Mission Bay and worked with Hillary G. Hillary was a pleasure to work with, she was flexible and really cared about making everything perfect. On the day of, the Hyatt made sure all of our family was well taken care of - one of our nieces was... Read More sick the night before the wedding and they brought her crackers and ginger ale to help her tummy settle. It was very sweet. The space itself is very beautiful, the food was great - we received compliments re our appetizers and meals. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of 5 is because the night of the event I thought they were going to have their bar open until 1 and instead it was closed so our after party wasn't what I expected. But that was probably due to a miscommunication. All in all, I 100% recommend this location.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Heather C

Overall, we loved the venue. The outdoor banyan tree made a very special ceremony site and our guests loved the attached patio to the reception hall. The service the day of the wedding was also very good. My one issue was that the catering manager seemed to lose interest in us... Read More after we paid. We had to tell her the same information over and over again, and it was difficult getting in touch with her after we signed our contract. With that being said we feel that we got what we wanted out of the venue and there were no major disasters the day of =)

Hillary the catering manager was pretty great...bu

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 monique a

As far as planning, Hillary was great. She was there for any and all of my questions. She was very organaized and super sweet. However, there were just a few things that didnt go smoothly. I'm not too sure who to blame for some things. However, our violinists were supposed to be... Read More hooked up to the hotel sound system so that our guests could hear but they were not. Our food was so awesome at the tasting but at the wedding it was good but it didn't at all knock anyones socks off like the tasting did. No one made sure that our vows could be heard so guests were very disappointed. Our honeymoon suite was not ready until after the wedding around 10pm. With that being said, it turned out nice but could have been better if these things were fixed

Great Coordinator and Site!

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Sarah W

I want to thank Brigid, the catering manager, and the Hyatt for making my reception amazing! Part of the reason why I originally decided to go with the Hyatt for my reception was Brigid. Not only did I get along with her, she made me feel like they wanted and valued my... Read More business. After my initial walk through, she prepared countless cost estimates to help me fit in the ballroom I wanted at a price I could afford. When I was taking some time to decide between venues, she treated me to lunch, since she knew food was a priority to me. The food was great! I received many compliments from my guests on that. Beyond that the service I received was above and beyond. Any issues I had, which were few and far between, were resolved quickly. I also appreciated how flexible up to the final guarantee they were. I changed my mind several times and each time received a "no problem, we can do that." I love a place that works hard to make sure everything was right. I really feel that going with the Hyatt helped make my wedding extra special!

Nice Property

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Sonia K

The wedding planning was pretty smooth with them. They were very accommodating in helping organize the weekend for us and making us feel like VIPs. We got tons of good reviews on the food, the setting, and the hotel ammenities. Only complaints were from the guest rooms, check... Read More in was not prompt and some of the rooms were not properly maintained.

Outdoor Reception at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay

Reviewed on 10/17/2011 Courtney R

We held our wedding reception at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina outdoors in their Banyan Court and Lawn and it couldn't have been more beautiful! Our event started with a cool cocktail hour in the outdoor Cabanas area space and then proceeded to the Banyan Court... Read More and Lawn for the actual reception and dinner. It's a perfect outdoor space, yet is still in a private area of the hotel lined with beautiful trees and greenery to give the outdoor, garden feel without feeling like you are on display for all the other hotel guests to see you and your wedding taking place. We worked with Hillary Ginsberg and she was great - very sweet and super helpful throughout the whole process. We received a ton of compliments from our guests on how tasty the food was, how beautiful the reception/decor was, and how nice the hotel and rooms were. It was the perfect setting for our outdoor fall wedding reception - with the sun setting over the bay in the background, then with the cool lighting effects from the market stringer lights, hanging lanterns and crystal chaneliers - definitely added a fun/dreamy effect. We also hosted a morning after brunch at the Red Marlin restaurant, which was a perfect end to an amazing weekend! The prices are a little high (definitely hotel prices), but we knew we really wanted this space and were able to make it work within our budget and I am so happy with how everything turned out. Overall, we were very happy hosting our event at the Hyatt and would definitely recommend the Hyatt and working with Hillary to anyone!

Loved it!

Reviewed on 6/13/2011 Barbara M

great place to have your wedding. The food is incredible. The best I have ever had at a wedding. The bay view ballroom was beautiful with a wonderful sunset view over the bay. Hillary was a pleasure to work with and made planning very easy. I couldn't have been more pleased!

fantastic ceremony and reception site

Reviewed on 1/04/2011 Stephanie D

The food was amazing, our guests were very pleased. The decor and ambiance of the whole property is very upscale, everyone was so impressed with our location! The staff was very friendly and worked hard to make sure every detail was covered. They also worked with our budget,... Read More short time frame, and unique needs. Their starting price is high, but they are willing to make cuts here and there to work within your budget, especially when you have a smaller guest list like we did. I definitely recommend trying to work with them.

Wonderfull Venue

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Courtney C

I would 100% recomend this venue to any Bride!!!! Our Wedding was incredible!! Hillary Ginsberg the Wedding Coordinator worked with us on everything. We had very specific ideas and not a lot of money to work with. We were married in the center garden which was stunning! It... Read More looks small but they were able to seat 180 people in there and it looked fantastic. One really cool part about getting married in that spot was that I could see the set up and people arriving from my Bridal Suite in the tower above. We had a cocktail hour outside with heaters then the party began!! We had our Reception in the huge white tent which was awesome!! We did not want a sit down dinner or very many tables with chairs as we really wanted it to have a dance party feel and Hillary pulled this all of top notch. The buffet was excellent the set up was fantastic and everyone had a fabulous time. It was truly the wedding of my dreams!!! Such a beautiful property and the rooms were great. I had looked at MANY other venues in the San Diego area and by far this was the best in all areas.

Review for Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lisa B

The food was even better than when we sampled menus. Everything was organized and on time.;Costly, but worth every penny. Very professional service.

Review for Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina

Reviewed on 5/15/2009 Shannon H

I loved having my ceremony site overlooking the water. Then the cocktail hour was by the pool with heaters and tall cocktail tables. The ballroom had stunning lighting and a beautiful window overlooking the bay.;They are expensive and not willing to work with you with... Read More the cost of the rooms. I would not recommend having a large number of room rates at the hotel. Have your guests find deals on their own.