"I Do" Weddings, Ltd. with Rev. Phil Landers

The FIRST Officiant in Knot HALL OF FAME!

Visit My Website to Get Free 1 Hour Consultation!

Your guests will laugh and cry as Rev. Phil shares your love story at your ceremony! You'll laugh -- click on the videos, above. You get no-stress planning due to a 2.5 hour planning session, complete script in advance and a 1 hour rehearsal on a separate day. See more at www.iDoWeddings.net Rev. Phil is the 1st Chicago officiant in The Knot Hall of Fame! He is WeddingWire award winner for 8 years in a row! He has 160 reviews here. Look at Reviews, below, and try to find a bad one. Enter to win my services for free! When you sign up for "Rev. Phil's Secret Ceremony Tips" every-other-week eNewsletter, you're automatically entered. Sign up at www.FreeWeddingOfficiant.com Next step -- sign up for a complimentary one hour consultation at www.iDoWeddings.net! Or text / call 630-664-35o0.

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

The FIRST Officiant in Knot HALL OF FAME! (630) 664-3500

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Melissa N

Epic Wedding Ceremony! I could not be more happy with our decision to have Rev. Phil do our ceremony. It is no secret your guests are looking forward to the reception but it is so important to invest in the ceremony. I mean, this IS the Wedding! The reception is the after party.... Read More This is the moment you will remember for the rest of your lives. If you want a meaningful ceremony that will tell YOUR story this is the officiant for you! The way Rev. Phil spoke of us made us feel like he knew us for years. He is fun yet sincere and is so charismatic!!! I am so used to wedding ceremonies where you look out and see sparse seating and only a few groups close relatives and friends show up... we have over 140 people show up for our ceremony! I have never gotten so many compliments in my life and it was about the ceremony! There was not a dry eye in the crowd and everyone was laughing at one point of another. Everyone agreed it was so powerful and not boring at all! Everyone told us how happy they were that they came to the ceremony and were able to be apart of such an amazing moment! When I first read reviews about Rev. Phil they were all amazing but I was worried I would not be able to afford it as so many people wrote that his services are more expensive than the average. I am here to reassure you. Yes, it is more expensive but soooo worth it and Rev. Phil is willing to work out a payment plan with you which makes it very do-able even on a limited budget like mine. Believe me, this is definitely an investment you are going to want to make, and yes it is more than the average but it is so worth it!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Amanda J

Rev. Phil was amazing throughout the process. From our first meeting he provided great insight on what to expect. The second meeting was not only fun it was also a huge help for planning our wedding. The ceremony itself went perfect. Everyone loved his story telling. We... Read More would recommend Rev. Phil to anyone looking for a fun, interactive, memorable ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Aldo S

Having him as an officiant was like having a wedding planner. Being someone that is very type A, Rev. Phil put my mind at ease as he covered every possible detail about the ceremony. We have received endless compliments on our ceremony. Many commented on how our ceremony was... Read More like a play, so entertaining and well orchestrated. Guests noticed that he memorized much of our love story and ceremony itself. The audience was totally engaged when he spoke, some pointed out that it seemed like the reverend was a friend of ours that really knew us well. Rev. Phil worked so well with the live musicians during our ceremony, making sure that there were obvious transition points to cue them when to play and stop playing music. Our very experienced photographer was surprised and grateful Rev. Phil reached out to him before the wedding to give him pointers, our officiant has worked with our Banquet hall and had tips to catch the best shots. My husband and I are of different religions and I must say Rev. Phil did a great job making sure everyone felt comfortable. Although his fee is much higher than most officiants, he goes above and beyond to ensure your wedding ceremony is stress-free, flows well, and is memorable! Aldo & Maggie

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Alina M

We hired Rev. Phil for our June 2017 wedding. He was such a pleasure to work with! We really appreciated the fact that he made an effort to get to know us before the wedding. He used all of that to really personalize our wedding. He also came up with some really awesome... Read More recommendations for our ceremony that incorporated our theme. We are both huge beer fans and were having a brewery reception, he recommended we also do a unity beer ceremony as well. What a cool idea! Thanks to Rev Phil our ceremony was fun and memorable. We laughed, we cried and had an awesome experience! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Amanda T

We throughly enjoyed working with Rev. Phil to make our ceremony unique and memorable. Rev. Phil is extremely organized and thinks about every little detail. Rev. Phil made our family, friends, and guests laugh, cry, and smile the whole ceremony and made them feel very much... Read More apart of our special day. Rev Phil provided us with a full ceremony script so we knew everything that was going to be done or said, except for our secret things we loved about each other to be shared on our big day.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Patricia S

My husband and I dated for 11 years before getting married. We really wanted a special ceremony that could tell our story and not be overly religious. Reverend Phil was very patient. He worked with us on the ceremony script for months to get it perfect! So many of our friends... Read More and family told us how beautiful the ceremony was and even our parents didn't know our whole story. Reverend Phil is great. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Tasha W

Rev. Phil will be on time for all meetings. He will walk you through everything you need to know about a wedding. He is a very patient ,kind ,warm hearted Man! Please don't look at his price and be like I could get someone else for less! Trust me if you let this man do what he... Read More need to do for you and your wedding you will have less stress. Working with him is better then working with some family members.... lol Please have fun for your big day and trust me he will make that happen. My kids still ask about him.

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Ashley W

Reverend Phil was the officiant for our April 7th wedding and we received such fantastic compliments from our guests! While I may be a bit biased, I think our ceremony had to be the most unique and entertaining out of all the ceremonies we have been to thus far! To be... Read More perfectly honest, Rev. Phil is a bit more expensive than your average officiant, but as a generally pretty frugal person he is worth every penny. He made our ceremony unique and had people laughing the entire time. We really wanted the ceremony to be special and memorable and he gave us that perfectly! He is very organized and had the entire ceremony scripted out and worked with us the entire way to make it about us and our story. He coordinated with the venue, the photographer, the videographer, and the DJ. Everything went off without a hitch and it took a lot of the stress off us so that we could enjoy the day! I would not re-do anything, and I am so glad that we decided to have him officiate our wedding. All of guests were telling us the it was the most unique, interesting, and special ceremony they had ever been to! We're so glad they had a great time because we know we did as well. THANK YOU REV. PHIL!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017

Rev. Landers is a great person that knows the right words to say to make not only your day special but your guest are included as well and with laughs and tears we couldn't have asked anything else. Everything was perfect

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Diana S

It was an amazing ceremony, thanks Rev. Phil for made possible a perfect experience and thank you for your accompaniment and advices in the complete process, you made our best ever day, unforgettable.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Diana S

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Chris

I don't even know where to begin telling how amazing Rev. Phil is. My husband and I got married on August 19 of this year. Rev. Phil made what can be a stressful part of the big day so easy! You can tell throughout the whole ceremony planning process that he really loves what he... Read More does. Every word said is carefully thought out. It was absolutely priceless to be able to hear our love story at our wedding ceremony, and our guests have been telling us ever since how it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. I will absolutely cherish this day for the rest of my life, and I know Rev. Phil played a big part in that. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Samantha S

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Mrs. R

Sometimes I think when the planning gets going for a wedding we can lose sight of the most important part of the whole thing, the ceremony. When we began our search for someone to officiate the ceremony we knew we wanted it to be someone who could truly tell our story and make... Read More our guests laugh and see how much we loved each other. After meeting Reverend Phil we knew there was no question or concerns when choosing him and we booked him on the spot. When it came to our planning session he took 3 hours to meet with us on short notice when we came into town one weekend last minute. He listened to us tell our love story and got to know us as a couple and sincerely showed an interest. From there, the final product was sent over to us in stages and finally revealed on the big day. Our guests cried, laughed,smiled and were sincerely invested in our ceremony from beginning to end. Several of our guests expressed to my husband and I how amazing it was and how different and unique the ceremony was to any other they had been to. I still have people telling me how much they enjoyed it and asking me about Reverend Phil as they'd love to recommend him to other couples. Thank you Phil for not only being a part of our journey to the big day but being there from start to finish on the day of, even joining us at the reception to help us celebrate being married. You will forever hold a special place in our lives and we will be eternally grateful to you for exceeding all expectations we ever had and making our day truly one we will forever remember.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Lillian C

Rev. Phil was THE best! Yes, the price was high but it was worth it! You can't get any better than Rev. Phil. You get what you paid for. He spent a total of 3 hours with us and loads of email to get everything just right. Everyone at the ceremony complimented on the script and... Read More delivery. He was genuine and funny. You can tell he spent a lot of time preparing the script and it was money well spent. Initially, we didn't budget for that much for the officiate, however, upon meeting him, my groom and I immediately agreed he was the best for us and the ceremony will be memorable....and it was! We received so many compliments and I hope everyone understands that you truly get what you paid for and Rev. Phil is the best of the best!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Zee S

Reverend Phil is the best choice you can make and is worth every penny. If every vendor would be like him the wedding planning (and the wedding itself of course!) would be so much easier.. Everyone loved it - us, our families and friends and it truly didn't matter if you're... Read More religious or not (we had a mix), what country you come from (our guests were from all over...) or your age. His ceremonies are truly unique, fun, creative and still very respectful. He was basically guiding us through the ceremony, gave us tips and ideas (saved us so many times..), pointed out necessary things and truly tried to get to know us. Didn't feel like he's in only for the money. He loves his job and now I can see why he gets all the amazing reviews! And we agree with all of them. Again, go for it. Don't hesitate. Work with reverend Phil, you'll be happy you did.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jessica W

We worked with Rev. Alan Owens for our September 17th wedding. He did an amazing job! Our guests raved about ceremony. We didn't want a long drawn out ceremony and he worked with us to create one that was beautiful and unique to us. Since day 1 he was professional, organized,... Read More patient, personable, and had a great sense of humor. He was everything we were looking for in an officiant. We definitely recommend Rev. Alan Owens.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Meghan M

Love rev Tom keefer he did exactly as we asked of him. He wanted to make sure our ceremony was what we wanted and he did just that! The only thing is he pronounced the brides last name wrong but I've dealt with that my entire life so I thought why not one last time with that... Read More last name. I'd recommend him to anyone getting married and wanting to make the ceremony their own.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Katie A

My husband, Danny, and I got married on 7/1/16 and Rev. Phil really made our ceremony one-in-a-million! Our guests LOVED hearing our love story and felt that they were actually a part of it rather than just bystanders. It was SO heartfelt! We laughed and cried and were so... Read More overjoyed with the end result! We highly recommend Rev. Phil!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Rev. Phil is amazing. My son had his wedding on Saturday, August 13, 2016 at Ruffled Feathers Golf Club in Lemont, IL. From the moment we met Rev. Phil we knew he was the one to marry my son & daughter-in-law. He is so professional but very caring and gentle. Everyone is... Read More talking about what a wonderful ceremony they had and how different it was. He made everything special about the ceremony. He is very detailed and likes to write your love story!You will not be disappointed if you decide to use Rev. Phil. I highly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a wonderful person to marry them. He really knows what he's doing.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Dof F

We had an amazing experience with Rev. Phil! Our wedding ceremony was tailored exactly to our wishes, down to the nitty gritty details. Rev Phil listened to the story of how we fell in love and constructed a wonderful ceremony that honored the essence of our relationship and our... Read More family who traveled from far away to be with us. We were nervous before the rehearsal (hey, it's not like we have ever done this before), but Rev Phil's super organized rehearsal went so smoothly, we were relaxed for the big day. People still compliment our ceremony because it was so individualised. One of my friends who hadn't met my husband before the wedding said to me "after your ceremony, I feel like I know your husband and why you love him so well." That should be the goal of every wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Jennifer K

Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without Reverend Michael Huber. He is one of Rev. Phil's associates and he was amazing. He came out to the south side to meet with us and talk about our vision, likes, dislikes, etc. My fiancee and I didn't want a very dry religiously... Read More ceremony, we wanted something personal and reflective of who we are. Rev. Mike hit it out of the park with his ceremony! My favorite part was a secret to John and myself as he asked us to list a few things we loved about each other. Rev. Mike didn't reveal what we said until during the ceremony. It was so sweet! I had many many compliments on how personal and beautiful our ceremony was. I highly recommend Reverend Michael as well as "I Do" Weddings to help you have an amazingly memorable ceremony!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda W

Rev Phil was always available when we had questions throughout the planning process. He had many ideas and ways to personalize our ceremony, which was our main reason for choosing him. His experience shown through at the rehearsal dinner where he was very organized and gave... Read More our wedding party many tips to help us get good pictures! We gave him 4 out of 5 because he sent us many emails asking us for our love notes before the deadline he assigned and he gave us some attitude when we wanted to change a few things in his standard script/ceremony layout. He also sent us emails for months after the wedding asking me to give him a 5-star review, which I did not appreciate.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

We are 100% happy with the service provided by Rev. Phil. My wife and I are two international graduate students that were looking for a simple yet unforgettable wedding ceremony on beach. Rev. Phil made our dream come true. Rev. Phil's officiating speech during the ceremony... Read More was extraordinary. Our audience smiled, laughed, interacted. My wife bursted into tears when Rev. Phil announced the secret words that we wrote for each other in advance yet kept from each other. My uncles commented that Rev Phil's speech skill was really good. Rev. Phil is also very accommodating and helpful. During the wedding day, my wife and I ran a little bit late, so when the wedding was supposed to start, we barely started to set up our decoration at the very windy beach. Rev. Phil not only kept his smiling face, but also helped us to move furnitures from across the road, hold flowers, etc. His kindness is also shown in that he always send me kind reminders when I forgot to get back to his emails or requests. The weekly tips that we subscribed from his website are also quite inspiring, when we were planning.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Rev. Phil was great! He was the first and only officiant we met and decided right away that he would make our wedding special... and we were right! He was very professional and well-organized and took into account every detail. We were extremely happy with the ceremony. We... Read More were so touched by his delivery and involvement that we had to send him a thank you note before we left for our honeymoon. Thank you so much for making it perfect for us!

Rev. Phil Landers

Rev. Phil is a real minister with a Master of Divinity degree. He's been a pastor but now only does weddings -- well over 100 a year! He believes the ceremony should be the best part of the wedding day. Rev. Phil has been married to Pam for 33 years. He's amazed he's old enough to be married that long and grateful Pam has hung in that long. She is his best friend. He enjoys the New York Times (the iPad app) and the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Bears, movies (his goal is to see every movie nominated for a top Oscar), summer concerts at the Chicago Botanic Garden, wine and, of course, Jesus