"I Do" Weddings, Ltd. with Rev. Phil Landers

The FIRST Officiant in Knot HALL OF FAME!

Your Guests Will Laugh, Cry and Pay Attention!

You don't want just any officiant. You want Rev. Phil who will: 1) make your guests laugh, cry and pay attention -- by sharing your love story at your wedding! Three ways to include your guests in the ceremony. four alternatives to unity candles (including unity beer!) and 2) make it a no-stress wedding ceremony planning process -- by doing a 2.5 hour planning session, getting a complete script in advance, a rehearsal twice the length of other officiants (1 hour), by being the wedding planner for your ceremony. **** Next step -- sign up for a complimentary 90-minute consultation at www.iDoWeddings.net or by texting/calling 630-664-3500. Rev. Phil will get the beginning of your love story. When he shares it back, you will laugh -- just like your guests will do at your wedding!

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

The FIRST Officiant in Knot HALL OF FAME! (630) 664-3500

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Melissa N

Epic Wedding Ceremony! I could not be more happy with our decision to have Rev. Phil do our ceremony. It is no secret your guests are looking forward to the reception but it is so important to invest in the ceremony. I mean, this IS the Wedding! The reception is the after party.... Read More This is the moment you will remember for the rest of your lives. If you want a meaningful ceremony that will tell YOUR story this is the officiant for you! The way Rev. Phil spoke of us made us feel like he knew us for years. He is fun yet sincere and is so charismatic!!! I am so used to wedding ceremonies where you look out and see sparse seating and only a few groups close relatives and friends show up... we have over 140 people show up for our ceremony! I have never gotten so many compliments in my life and it was about the ceremony! There was not a dry eye in the crowd and everyone was laughing at one point of another. Everyone agreed it was so powerful and not boring at all! Everyone told us how happy they were that they came to the ceremony and were able to be apart of such an amazing moment! When I first read reviews about Rev. Phil they were all amazing but I was worried I would not be able to afford it as so many people wrote that his services are more expensive than the average. I am here to reassure you. Yes, it is more expensive but soooo worth it and Rev. Phil is willing to work out a payment plan with you which makes it very do-able even on a limited budget like mine. Believe me, this is definitely an investment you are going to want to make, and yes it is more than the average but it is so worth it!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jennifer B

Rev. Phil did a fantastic job officiating our wedding ceremony! He is very thorough and detail-oriented. He took the time and effort to really personalize our ceremony. He provided us with a complete script of our ceremony so that we knew exactly what to do and say. It was an... Read More emotion-filled ceremony with many laughs and cries (from us and our guests!). We received so many compliments from our guests - A number of people said it was the best ceremony they’ve been to! Rev. Phil really went above and beyond for us. He even attended our reception and said a blessing before dinner. We are so thankful to have found him and I highly recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Rev Phil was awesome. Yes he is expensive but you pretty much get a wedding ceremony planner. He is super friendly and really easy to work with. Myself and my wife live in Oregon, I am from Ireland and she is from Chicago so planing our wedding was a hassle. We decide on Chicago... Read More and found Rev Phil almost straight away. As ours was a destination wedding Phil made a huge effort to meet with us through different time zone over Facetime, Skype and many other mediums . He was always quick to answers emails and when all was said and done the ceremony was amazing. The best Thing about Rev Phil is he knows its your (actually the brides) day and makes sure your ceremony is the best it can be. People will laugh, cry join in and actually remember the ceremony. A word of advice, answer his email questions in detail, he needs the details to make your day great and it makes everything much easier on all parties..... trust me. All in all if you want a class act man and a class act wedding ceremony this is your only man ..... I wish I could give him a higher score than 5 out of 5

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Vickie P

I am the mother of the bride. All night long we received compliments on how great it was, and that it was so personal. Several people stated that at weddings the clergymen tend to go on and on and end up losing their audience, but everyone said he kept everyone's attention. He... Read More will make you laugh, cry, smile and really enjoy the ceremony. My husband said---yep, he earned his pay...lol I will give you a heads up, Rev. Phil is pricer than everyone else. But you WILL get your monies worth out of him. He spends several hours with the couple to ensure he has everything right to ensure your wedding is the best. This does not include the emails he sends out monthly with several suggestions that you may not have thought about. You will truly have a one of a kind wedding. A week after the wedding we are still getting comments about the ceremony and how wonderful it was.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alicyan H

Our Ceremony and Rev Phil was the best thing about our entire wedding. If looking for an officiant, Stop and call Rev Phil! After meeting with him during your initial consultation you will understand why I say stop looking! Honestly now that the day has passed, the time and... Read More energy he put into our ceremony and making it ours is something we won’t ever forget. Most people don’t think or care about the ceremony, I do, she does and it’s done. Not with Rev Phil. Robert and I can’t thank you enough for making our ceremony as perfect to us as you did! . Not with Phil

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Nicole B

Rev. Phil is absolutely amazing! He is so wonderful at what he does. The Moto always is you get what you pay for - and that 100% describes Rev. Phil !! Everything he did from the planning to the love story that everyone enjoyed was more than we could ever ask for. We definitely... Read More scored when he found him and we were more than grateful to have him as our officiant. He's funny, caring and took so much stress off our shoulders. Worth every single penny we spent! The ceremony is the most important part of your wedding and he was able to make it perfect. The tears the laughter the smiles were on our guests faces while he was speaking. he was so accommodating and quickly responsive to all of our questions and concerns. Thank you so much Rev. Phil for helping in making our day the best day ever!! I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful man! Don't let money be your deciding factor, because he really is worth it all. Our guest enjoyed him and we received many compliments on how memorable our ceremony was! I could thank him a million times!! He is simply the best.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Britt A

Rev. Phil did an amazing job officiating our wedding about a month ago. He is incredibly detail-oriented and really spends the time to make sure every aspect of your ceremony is perfect. His service was touching, personable, interesting and well-prepared. We've gotten so many... Read More compliments from many of our guests and are overall really pleased with how it all went. Definitely would recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Sarah F

Neither my husband nor I were particularly religious, nor did we know anyone personally who could officiate a wedding ceremony when we first began wedding planning. We searched around the internet, and found countless positive reviews for Reverend Phil. After our initial email... Read More up to the wedding, Reverend Phil was always extremely punctual in his replies. In our first meeting alone Reverend Phil got to know us, and based on the pieces of our story that he heard wrote an example portion of our ceremony. If that weren't enough, he asked us to describe a wedding ceremony in particular that we remembered. What we found out was that the wedding we remembered was officiated by one of his team members! Needless to say, the decision to go with Reverend Phil was a no brainer. Even though he is priced higher than other officiants, the quality of his work makes up for it. As expected, we had a countless number of people tell us how much they loved the ceremony and how special it was overall. We had one person tell us that she wants to hire him for her kids wedding (when time). My sister also said that she wants to use him for her wedding, however, she still has to find the guy for that to happen.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Becky A

We were beyond pleased with our experience with Rev. Phil, from start to finish. His organization, communication, delivery, and thoughtfulness far exceeded our expectations. All questions were answered promptly and thoroughly throughout the planning process. Though more... Read More expensive than other officiants we researched, our experience was worth every penny. The ceremony was personal and sentimental. We laughed and I cried (and cried and cried), exactly how we pictured it. Our guests continue to rave about the ceremony and we couldn’t agree more. One guest said if she had known her and her husband could have had a ceremony like ours, they would have forgone the traditional church wedding. She is writing Rev. Phil’s name down for future vow renewals. We cannot thank Rev. Phil enough for making our day absolutely flawless, beautiful, and perfect!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jim Q

Reverend Phil made our ceremony very customized, unique, and entertaining. We had countless guests tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how it was like none other they have ever attended. Rev. Phil is very professional and thorough, a caring individual, and he spent... Read More the time getting to know us and to share our story exactly how we wanted it. I can honestly say this was the greatest investment we made in all our wedding planning. I seriously can not imagine a finer officiant than Rev Phil! Jim and Jackie Q.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Elana C

The ceremony went perfectly!!! Our guests laughed and cried and we received a lot of compliments on our ceremony. Rev. Phil is really funny, well-spoken, organized, personable and experienced. We can't say enough good things about him! He is a little pricier than your... Read More average officiant, but well-worth the extra in my opinion.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Alina M

We hired Rev. Phil for our June 2017 wedding. He was such a pleasure to work with! We really appreciated the fact that he made an effort to get to know us before the wedding. He used all of that to really personalize our wedding. He also came up with some really awesome... Read More recommendations for our ceremony that incorporated our theme. We are both huge beer fans and were having a brewery reception, he recommended we also do a unity beer ceremony as well. What a cool idea! Thanks to Rev Phil our ceremony was fun and memorable. We laughed, we cried and had an awesome experience! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Angela C

Wow! We could not be happier with the way that our wedding ceremony turned out. Rev. Michael Huber definitely carefully plans out his ceremony and gets to know his clients. Our guests were impressed with the ceremony as it goes beyond a cookie cutter ceremony. He took his time... Read More with his introductory meeting discussing his services as well as our planning meeting before the wedding. We knew instantly that he was the right choice for our wedding day. He made all the changes necessary to ensure the perfect ceremony for our wedding day. We enjoyed his friendliness and humor throughout the process as well! I definitely recommend Rev. Huber for anyone looking for an officiant!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Amanda T

We throughly enjoyed working with Rev. Phil to make our ceremony unique and memorable. Rev. Phil is extremely organized and thinks about every little detail. Rev. Phil made our family, friends, and guests laugh, cry, and smile the whole ceremony and made them feel very much... Read More apart of our special day. Rev Phil provided us with a full ceremony script so we knew everything that was going to be done or said, except for our secret things we loved about each other to be shared on our big day.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Amanda J

Rev. Phil was amazing throughout the process. From our first meeting he provided great insight on what to expect. The second meeting was not only fun it was also a huge help for planning our wedding. The ceremony itself went perfect. Everyone loved his story telling. We... Read More would recommend Rev. Phil to anyone looking for a fun, interactive, memorable ceremony!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Patricia S

My husband and I dated for 11 years before getting married. We really wanted a special ceremony that could tell our story and not be overly religious. Reverend Phil was very patient. He worked with us on the ceremony script for months to get it perfect! So many of our friends... Read More and family told us how beautiful the ceremony was and even our parents didn't know our whole story. Reverend Phil is great. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kaylie D

Rev Phill was wonderful and made our special day. I am recommending him to all of my engaged friends in Chicago with the highest of praise. I am so glad we booked him and that is my favorite thing I splurged on for the wedding. I can't say Enough good things. Everyone is still... Read More talking about how amazing the ceremony was. If you can only splurge on one thing I recommend Rev Phil, he does everything for your ceremony. It's very worth it!!!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Rebecca A

Rev Phil definitely made our ceremony special and personal! He took the time to listen to every detail our of love story as well as proposal that was highlighted in the ceremony, We had lots of people tell us that they enjoyed hearing the events that led up to our big day! Rev.... Read More Phil was professional through every step of the way and very flexible in times to meet or even doing phone call meetings if that worked better. He is very organized and clearly has a lot of experience by the way he creates your unique ceremony outline. I would recommend Rev. Phil to any couple unsure of who to go with. He is probably more expensive than I originally planned but looking back, I would not change a thing!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Tasha W

Rev. Phil will be on time for all meetings. He will walk you through everything you need to know about a wedding. He is a very patient ,kind ,warm hearted Man! Please don't look at his price and be like I could get someone else for less! Trust me if you let this man do what he... Read More need to do for you and your wedding you will have less stress. Working with him is better then working with some family members.... lol Please have fun for your big day and trust me he will make that happen. My kids still ask about him.

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Ashley W

Reverend Phil was the officiant for our April 7th wedding and we received such fantastic compliments from our guests! While I may be a bit biased, I think our ceremony had to be the most unique and entertaining out of all the ceremonies we have been to thus far! To be... Read More perfectly honest, Rev. Phil is a bit more expensive than your average officiant, but as a generally pretty frugal person he is worth every penny. He made our ceremony unique and had people laughing the entire time. We really wanted the ceremony to be special and memorable and he gave us that perfectly! He is very organized and had the entire ceremony scripted out and worked with us the entire way to make it about us and our story. He coordinated with the venue, the photographer, the videographer, and the DJ. Everything went off without a hitch and it took a lot of the stress off us so that we could enjoy the day! I would not re-do anything, and I am so glad that we decided to have him officiate our wedding. All of guests were telling us the it was the most unique, interesting, and special ceremony they had ever been to! We're so glad they had a great time because we know we did as well. THANK YOU REV. PHIL!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Maricar L

Rev Phil is the best! He made our wedding ceremony entertaining yet very intimate and meaningful. The price is not cheap but it is so worth it! He is also flexible with the payments. He is also very helpful to us from the start of the wedding planning upto the rehearsal til the... Read More end! Most of our guests say that our ceremony is very unique and they can't wait for our video to come out and watch our ceremony again. Thank you Rev Phil. If we can give him more than 5 stars we definitely will! - Chris and Maricar December 10, 2016

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Caitlin C

When planning a wedding, it is easy to get caught up in all of the "to-do's". Reverend Michael Huber was our grounding in this process. In working with him, he reminded us of what is most important about a wedding -- it isn't able the party or that one day. It is about building... Read More a framework for your marriage. In our meetings with him, we were really able to think about what it was that we wanted our wedding ceremony and vows to be about and how we wanted them to reflect us and our relationship. Reverend Michael is extremely detail oriented, thoughtful and a true professional. The ceremony he developed with us was exactly what we could have hoped for (and more)! Our guests continue to rave about him -- and MANY of them have told us that our ceremony was, without a doubt, their favorite wedding ceremony that they have ever seen. Reverend Michael' is kind, engaging and approachable. Our ceremony was everything we could have hoped for and more. We are so thankful to have found Reverend Michael -- he will help you develop the ceremony that is a perfect reflection of your relationship (and engage your guests along the way). Thank you, Revered Michael!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Norma M

Rev. Phil is the best. I loved his services. When we first met with him, he is very detailed oriented and made us feel comfortable and he did an amazing job planning our ceremony. He said it would be memorable and it really was. Our family and friends who were there, rave about... Read More the ceremony, how much they loved it and how it was even funny. He is worth every penny we spent. Thank you Rev. Phil

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Anne C

Rev. Phil is MAGICAL! What a fantastic experience our Christmas Eve wedding was and how very grateful we are to all that Rev. Phil did to make it wonderful! All of our family members were buzzing about how unique and wonderful the ceremony was, and we are still in awe of how... Read More our secret emails to him were such a unique and memorable highlight of the ceremony. With his wedding expertise, he offers a huge menu of ideas and options for the ceremony, from which we chose the secret email lists and the champagne box notes. Those touches both added important elements for our children, letting them laugh at the examples of our love we expressed and letting them express their own thoughts on our marriage in the notes to be read in 5 years time. Mostly, Rev. Phil simply rolled with the flow of our unconventional, small family event. He officiated perfectly: his tone and demeanor were warm and uplifting, and the script was executed flawlessly. That well-planned script was spectacular. He was cool and relaxed, which made us cool and relaxed! He's simply the best we could ever have dreamed of for the role of wedding officiant!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017

Rev. Landers is a great person that knows the right words to say to make not only your day special but your guest are included as well and with laughs and tears we couldn't have asked anything else. Everything was perfect

Rev. Phil Landers

Rev. Phil is a real minister with a Master of Divinity degree. He's been a pastor but now only does weddings -- well over 100 a year! He believes the ceremony should be the best part of the wedding day. Rev. Phil has been married to Pam for 33 years. He's amazed he's old enough to be married that long and grateful Pam has hung in that long. She is his best friend. He enjoys the New York Times and the Chicago Tribune (on his iPad), the Chicago Bears, movies (his goal is to see every movie nominated for a top Oscar), summer concerts at the Chicago Botanic Garden, wine and, of course, Jesus.