"I Do" Weddings, Ltd. with Rev. Phil Landers

The FIRST Officiant in Knot HALL OF FAME!

Your Guests Will Laugh, Cry and Pay Attention!

You don't want just any officiant. You want Rev. Phil who will: 1) make your guests laugh, cry and pay attention -- by sharing your love story at your wedding! Three ways to include your guests in the ceremony. four alternatives to unity candles (including unity beer!) and 2) make it a no-stress wedding ceremony planning process -- by doing a 2.5 hour planning session, getting a complete script in advance, a rehearsal twice the length of other officiants (1 hour), by being the wedding planner for your ceremony. **** Next step -- sign up for a complimentary 90-minute consultation at www.iDoWeddings.net or by texting/calling 630-664-3500. Rev. Phil will get the beginning of your love story. When he shares it back, you will laugh -- just like your guests will do at your wedding!

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

The FIRST Officiant in Knot HALL OF FAME! (630) 664-3500

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Tiffany P

Rev. Phil is AMAZING and I highly recommend him!!!! All our guests loved him! He is very sweet, dedicated, funny, keeps everyone entertained and laughing the entire time. His ceremony was very meaningful and loved how he told our love story and our secrets about each other... Read More which made it very personal. After the ceremony our guest kept telling us how great he and our ceremony was. Rev. Phil takes great pride in what he does and it really shows. He was wroth every penny and I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Becky A

We were beyond pleased with our experience with Rev. Phil, from start to finish. His organization, communication, delivery, and thoughtfulness far exceeded our expectations. All questions were answered promptly and thoroughly throughout the planning process. Though more... Read More expensive than other officiants we researched, our experience was worth every penny. The ceremony was personal and sentimental. We laughed and I cried (and cried and cried), exactly how we pictured it. Our guests continue to rave about the ceremony and we couldn’t agree more. One guest said if she had known her and her husband could have had a ceremony like ours, they would have forgone the traditional church wedding. She is writing Rev. Phil’s name down for future vow renewals. We cannot thank Rev. Phil enough for making our day absolutely flawless, beautiful, and perfect!

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Miranda M

If you are still searching for an officiant for your wedding look no further!! When my husband and I were looking for someone to marry us we didn’t know where to start. My background is Catholic and my husband’s is Christian so we were unsure whether to lean towards a pastor or... Read More priest but each of us not looking to convert the other- Reverend Phil was our perfect solution! We were able to quickly book an appointment to meet with him in person to talk about what type of ceremony we wanted and booked him on the spot! Rev. Phil made both of us feel comfortable being from different backgrounds and was veryyyyy accommodating to our needs and wants for how religious to make our ceremony. Another plus was that he was ALWAYS easy to get ahold of whether it was email or text and he always responded quickly (which was super important to me as a planning bride!). We also met again in person closer to the big day to go over all of the ceremony details and fine tune EVERYTHING! I had absolutely nothing to worry about and could rest easy the days before the wedding because Rev. Phil had it all under control. What makes Rev. Phil worth every penny is how personal he makes your ceremony. Our wedding made people laugh, cry, and was so unique and memorable! Rev. Phil gets to know so much about the two of you as a couple during the planning session and vice versa that it feels as if someone you’ve know for years is the one who is marrying you and the love of your life! Our ceremony was personal and unique to US! To this day we still have guests raving about how memorable it was! My husband and I would highly recommend Rev. Phil to all of our friends, family, and strangers! PS- I would also highly recommend purchasing the marriage workbooks that Rev. Phil offers! Since you don’t have to take any marriage classes going this route it was important to us to have something we could work on just the two of us on our own time. They were actually pretty fun to do together too!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jennifer B

Rev. Phil did a fantastic job officiating our wedding ceremony! He is very thorough and detail-oriented. He took the time and effort to really personalize our ceremony. He provided us with a complete script of our ceremony so that we knew exactly what to do and say. It was an... Read More emotion-filled ceremony with many laughs and cries (from us and our guests!). We received so many compliments from our guests - A number of people said it was the best ceremony they’ve been to! Rev. Phil really went above and beyond for us. He even attended our reception and said a blessing before dinner. We are so thankful to have found him and I highly recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Nick M

My wife and I had some trouble figuring out who was going to officiate our wedding... Then Rev Phil came along and we couldn't have been more blessed. From the first day we met with him until our wedding day, he was very involved and very organized! Even now, after our wedding,... Read More he is involved in our lives and shows much interest in our marriage, which is a great feeling, knowing that he's not just doing this for the money or for profit. Our guests at our wedding couldn't stop raving about how Rev Phil kept them so involved and attentive! And we couldn't agree more! Keeping our guests involved and entertained was one of our priorities, and Rev Phil hit the nail on the head! Without Rev Phil, our wedding wouldn't have been as fun and enjoyable as it was. We definitely highly recommend Rev Phil!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 James R

Rev. Phil is the best out there! Worth every penny! He puts so much work in to planning your ceremony and making it extremely personalized. He helps you through every step of the planning process and how the ceremony will take place. So if you are completely lost on what to... Read More do, Rev. Phil is your guy! He engages the audience and makes them part of the ceremony and makes them laugh and cry. Everyone said that this was the best wedding they had been too. He speaks clear and concise. absolutely the best out there.

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Janet C

No doubt, Rev Phil is the best wedding officiant in Chicago. He is very professional and outstanding. He really spend his time with us through out the wedding planning. He is well organized and detailedly oriented. I’m truly impressed with his work and talent. I’m glad we had a... Read More lot of laughter and no boring moments during the entire ceremony. My wedding guests even remembered some simple details of our love story when the MC quizzes them during the wedding games. Rev Phil made our wedding ceremony so unique and unforgettable. Thank you Rev Phil!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Sarah R

Rev. Phil was very helpful when it came to the planning process of the ceremony and he also gave us instructions on what we needed to provide and different options for certain parts of the ceremony. He was easy to like when we first met him he is a super down to earth person and... Read More cracks jokes to help break the ice. Our friends and family have repeatedly told us this was the best wedding they have been to and we know it was partially because our ceremony was not boring and there was a cute love story and secret loves we both didn’t hear until that moment. 10/10 if I could rate him that highly I would!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Vickie P

I am the mother of the bride. All night long we received compliments on how great it was, and that it was so personal. Several people stated that at weddings the clergymen tend to go on and on and end up losing their audience, but everyone said he kept everyone's attention. He... Read More will make you laugh, cry, smile and really enjoy the ceremony. My husband said---yep, he earned his pay...lol I will give you a heads up, Rev. Phil is pricer than everyone else. But you WILL get your monies worth out of him. He spends several hours with the couple to ensure he has everything right to ensure your wedding is the best. This does not include the emails he sends out monthly with several suggestions that you may not have thought about. You will truly have a one of a kind wedding. A week after the wedding we are still getting comments about the ceremony and how wonderful it was.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jillianne p

From the moment we met Rev. Phil we knew that we wanted him to perform our wedding ceremony. He was very experienced, organized and trustworthy – every brides dream! The planning sessions we had with Rev. Phil showed us that he wanted to take the time to get to know us... Read More personally to make sure that our ceremony was perfect. He sent us many drafts of the ceremony throughout the planning process to ensure that everything was to our liking. He was very easy to communicate with and would respond to emails promptly. Our wedding rehearsal was very organized and our entire wedding party was thankful they knew what was expected of them. The day of our wedding Rev. Phil was on time, looked professional and delivered a wonderful ceremony. We both laughed a lot and shed a few tears – it was very moving. Many of our wedding guests told us that it was the best wedding ceremony they ever attended. Even to this day some of our family and friends still talk about. If you desire organization, professionalism and having the best, most meaningful wedding ceremony I highly recommend Rev. Phil.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Rev Phil was awesome. Yes he is expensive but you pretty much get a wedding ceremony planner. He is super friendly and really easy to work with. Myself and my wife live in Oregon, I am from Ireland and she is from Chicago so planing our wedding was a hassle. We decide on Chicago... Read More and found Rev Phil almost straight away. As ours was a destination wedding Phil made a huge effort to meet with us through different time zone over Facetime, Skype and many other mediums . He was always quick to answers emails and when all was said and done the ceremony was amazing. The best Thing about Rev Phil is he knows its your (actually the brides) day and makes sure your ceremony is the best it can be. People will laugh, cry join in and actually remember the ceremony. A word of advice, answer his email questions in detail, he needs the details to make your day great and it makes everything much easier on all parties..... trust me. All in all if you want a class act man and a class act wedding ceremony this is your only man ..... I wish I could give him a higher score than 5 out of 5

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alicyan H

Our Ceremony and Rev Phil was the best thing about our entire wedding. If looking for an officiant, Stop and call Rev Phil! After meeting with him during your initial consultation you will understand why I say stop looking! Honestly now that the day has passed, the time and... Read More energy he put into our ceremony and making it ours is something we won’t ever forget. Most people don’t think or care about the ceremony, I do, she does and it’s done. Not with Rev Phil. Robert and I can’t thank you enough for making our ceremony as perfect to us as you did! . Not with Phil

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Laura B

I wish I could relive this experience every day! Rev. Phil suggested the perfect setting and facilitated a beautiful service during which my husband and I renewed our wedding vows. I honestly think this was better than our actual wedding mainly because Rev. Phil had us send him... Read More several "secret things we love about each" ahead of time which he revealed to us during the service that meant as much to both of us as did the vows we wrote.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Nicole B

Rev. Phil is absolutely amazing! He is so wonderful at what he does. The Moto always is you get what you pay for - and that 100% describes Rev. Phil !! Everything he did from the planning to the love story that everyone enjoyed was more than we could ever ask for. We definitely... Read More scored when he found him and we were more than grateful to have him as our officiant. He's funny, caring and took so much stress off our shoulders. Worth every single penny we spent! The ceremony is the most important part of your wedding and he was able to make it perfect. The tears the laughter the smiles were on our guests faces while he was speaking. he was so accommodating and quickly responsive to all of our questions and concerns. Thank you so much Rev. Phil for helping in making our day the best day ever!! I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful man! Don't let money be your deciding factor, because he really is worth it all. Our guest enjoyed him and we received many compliments on how memorable our ceremony was! I could thank him a million times!! He is simply the best.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Britt A

Rev. Phil did an amazing job officiating our wedding about a month ago. He is incredibly detail-oriented and really spends the time to make sure every aspect of your ceremony is perfect. His service was touching, personable, interesting and well-prepared. We've gotten so many... Read More compliments from many of our guests and are overall really pleased with how it all went. Definitely would recommend him.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Sarah F

Neither my husband nor I were particularly religious, nor did we know anyone personally who could officiate a wedding ceremony when we first began wedding planning. We searched around the internet, and found countless positive reviews for Reverend Phil. After our initial email... Read More up to the wedding, Reverend Phil was always extremely punctual in his replies. In our first meeting alone Reverend Phil got to know us, and based on the pieces of our story that he heard wrote an example portion of our ceremony. If that weren't enough, he asked us to describe a wedding ceremony in particular that we remembered. What we found out was that the wedding we remembered was officiated by one of his team members! Needless to say, the decision to go with Reverend Phil was a no brainer. Even though he is priced higher than other officiants, the quality of his work makes up for it. As expected, we had a countless number of people tell us how much they loved the ceremony and how special it was overall. We had one person tell us that she wants to hire him for her kids wedding (when time). My sister also said that she wants to use him for her wedding, however, she still has to find the guy for that to happen.

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jim Q

Reverend Phil made our ceremony very customized, unique, and entertaining. We had countless guests tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how it was like none other they have ever attended. Rev. Phil is very professional and thorough, a caring individual, and he spent... Read More the time getting to know us and to share our story exactly how we wanted it. I can honestly say this was the greatest investment we made in all our wedding planning. I seriously can not imagine a finer officiant than Rev Phil! Jim and Jackie Q.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Elana C

The ceremony went perfectly!!! Our guests laughed and cried and we received a lot of compliments on our ceremony. Rev. Phil is really funny, well-spoken, organized, personable and experienced. We can't say enough good things about him! He is a little pricier than your... Read More average officiant, but well-worth the extra in my opinion.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Alina M

We hired Rev. Phil for our June 2017 wedding. He was such a pleasure to work with! We really appreciated the fact that he made an effort to get to know us before the wedding. He used all of that to really personalize our wedding. He also came up with some really awesome... Read More recommendations for our ceremony that incorporated our theme. We are both huge beer fans and were having a brewery reception, he recommended we also do a unity beer ceremony as well. What a cool idea! Thanks to Rev Phil our ceremony was fun and memorable. We laughed, we cried and had an awesome experience! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Angela C

Wow! We could not be happier with the way that our wedding ceremony turned out. Rev. Michael Huber definitely carefully plans out his ceremony and gets to know his clients. Our guests were impressed with the ceremony as it goes beyond a cookie cutter ceremony. He took his time... Read More with his introductory meeting discussing his services as well as our planning meeting before the wedding. We knew instantly that he was the right choice for our wedding day. He made all the changes necessary to ensure the perfect ceremony for our wedding day. We enjoyed his friendliness and humor throughout the process as well! I definitely recommend Rev. Huber for anyone looking for an officiant!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Amanda T

We throughly enjoyed working with Rev. Phil to make our ceremony unique and memorable. Rev. Phil is extremely organized and thinks about every little detail. Rev. Phil made our family, friends, and guests laugh, cry, and smile the whole ceremony and made them feel very much... Read More apart of our special day. Rev Phil provided us with a full ceremony script so we knew everything that was going to be done or said, except for our secret things we loved about each other to be shared on our big day.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Amanda J

Rev. Phil was amazing throughout the process. From our first meeting he provided great insight on what to expect. The second meeting was not only fun it was also a huge help for planning our wedding. The ceremony itself went perfect. Everyone loved his story telling. We... Read More would recommend Rev. Phil to anyone looking for a fun, interactive, memorable ceremony!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Patricia S

My husband and I dated for 11 years before getting married. We really wanted a special ceremony that could tell our story and not be overly religious. Reverend Phil was very patient. He worked with us on the ceremony script for months to get it perfect! So many of our friends... Read More and family told us how beautiful the ceremony was and even our parents didn't know our whole story. Reverend Phil is great. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Amanda G

Rev. Phil was amazing! He provided a personalized renewal service for us. We were very blessed to have him renew our vows. The blessing he bestowed upon us will provide many more years of love together, and standing strong with God. Thanks Rev Phil!!! You are the best. God Bless

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kaylie D

Rev Phill was wonderful and made our special day. I am recommending him to all of my engaged friends in Chicago with the highest of praise. I am so glad we booked him and that is my favorite thing I splurged on for the wedding. I can't say Enough good things. Everyone is still... Read More talking about how amazing the ceremony was. If you can only splurge on one thing I recommend Rev Phil, he does everything for your ceremony. It's very worth it!!!

Rev. Phil Landers

Rev. Phil is a real minister with a Master of Divinity degree. He's been a pastor but now only does weddings -- well over 100 a year! He believes the ceremony should be the best part of the wedding day. Rev. Phil has been married to Pam for 33 years. He's amazed he's old enough to be married that long and grateful Pam has hung in that long. She is his best friend. He enjoys the New York Times and the Chicago Tribune (on his iPad), the Chicago Bears, movies (his goal is to see every movie nominated for a top Oscar), summer concerts at the Chicago Botanic Garden, wine and, of course, Jesus.