Virginia Wedding DJ and Event DJ

I want to put you at ease. You're spending hard earned money on a wedding DJ service and I want you to trust me with your music and to make your day fun and memorable. I’m one of the best and you get a professional club level DJ at your event that can handle any crowd. As the premier wedding DJ in Virginia I will provide ceremony music, microphones, lighting and dance music. As a previous club DJ and now Wedding DJ I have the experience to keep the dance floor filled. I love what I do and I have every genre of music. In 2000 I started professionally DJing Weddings, Corporate Events, and Family Gatherings, all from referrals and my DJ business grew quickly. When you call, you speak directly to me about Wedding DJ prices. Call me anytime because I’m the DJ.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Indian, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Jonathan B

My wife and I reviewed a number of different DJs prior to finding out& deciding to use Nate Clancy, and Nate turned out to be phenomenal addition to our wedding. Nate made us feel comfortable, was extremely helpful with the pre-wedding planning, and helped us navigate a ton of... Read More different music genres the keep the party going all night. Nate transitioned seamlessly from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, and then into the reception. Since our wedding, we have gotten a ton of compliments on how talented Nate was with mixing and transitioning music during the reception. Elizabeth and I would highly recommend Nates services to anyone looking for a talented, down to earth DJ for their special day!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Emily F

Nate is AMAZING!! We have been lucky enough to work alongside him on wedding days (we are wedding photographers) and the first time we met him, we knew that he was going to be our DJ! Not only is he a fantastic DJ and full of talent, but he is also an amazing MC! He does an... Read More amazing job helping create an awesome reception timeline and keeping everything running smoothly! We only gave him a song list of about 10 songs, because we know that he is such an expert DJ and he did not disappoint with his song choices! All of our guests continually raved about him throughout the night! He is my number one recommendation for all of our couples to contact because we LOVE Nate!

2017-10-16T12:48:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the awesome review Emily. Your wedding hold a special place in my heart. Your family's song request were so much fun. I am honored you took the time to get to know me and trust me with your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Courtney K

We decided to book Nate based off of our photographer's recommendation. She said that she had worked with him before and that he is absolutely phenomenal and truly cares about the couples he works with. She wasn't kidding, we couldn't have been happier with our experience with... Read More Nate and we got several compliments from guests about how great he was!! Working with Nate leading up to the wedding was a breeze and he went above and beyond on the day of to make sure the night was wonderful for us and our guests. He kept the party going, as promised, and we danced all night long! Book Nate, you will be so happy you did!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Allison H

My (now) husband and I loved working with Nate from start to finish. This guy is a pro. He was great at listening to our song preferences and making helpful suggestions for wedding party entry, bouquet toss, mother-son dance, etc. He helped us think through the timeline and... Read More followed it to the letter. I had absolute confidence that that he had our reception well in hand. And when pictures took a little longer than expected and the cake started to tip with the heat, he did the trouble-shooting. And what a great personality! My guests loved chatting with him. Nate had everyone there on the dance floor. My husband and I had a wonderful time dancing the evening away to our favorite songs and leaving the details in Nate's capable hands.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Summer H

DJ Nate deejayed our wedding this past August and we do not have enough good things to say about him! He was professional, friendly, and easy to work with from start to finish. He took our list of "must plays" and "do not plays" and made an incredible set list of music that had... Read More the crowd pumping from start to finish. Our guests raved about all of the great songs he played. One guest even said, "Every time we start to leave he plays another great hit and we have to stay for just one more song!" Nate was extremely flexible and coordinated with our ceremony musician the day of the wedding leaving the bride to feel relaxed. Knowing I could count on Nate to do an amazing job helped ease any day-of jitters! My husband would proudly add that this was the ONE decision I allowed him to make and he knocked it out of the park by choosing DJ Nate!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Erica T

From the first time we met with Nate as a potential DJ for our wedding, he instantly put our minds at ease about the whole event! We knew that one thing we definitely did not have to worry about was our guests had a great time with Nate as our DJ. Nate was incredibly helpful... Read More throughout the whole process of planning the wedding as well as working closely with our coordinator on the day of the wedding to make sure things went smoothly. He made sure the dance floor was NEVER empty and countless people told us aftwards how fantastic he was. We would recommend him a thousand times over!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Anna C

Nate was incredibly professional and had some of the highest quality equipment I have seen. He was available to answer questions leading up to our wedding and made sure he knew exactly what we were looking for. He went above and beyond to create a fun atmosphere for our... Read More reception. I saw people dancing that I normally wouldn't. He definitely read the crowd and played to that. I felt so relaxed knowing he was running "the show". You will not be disappointed if you choose Nate!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kate D

After meeting Nate the first time, both my husband and I really got excited for how much fun the wedding could actually be! Nate was professional and personable, we felt comfortable that he'd make our wedding fun for our guests. We weren't familiar with popular Indian music that... Read More friends and family would like, so Nate gave us some suggestions so we could listen at home. Nate also outlined which songs we'd need to pick, and if we didn't have preference, he filled in the gaps with great music. Neither my husband or I are very outgoing, so it was great to know that Nate could help get the guests into dancing, but more importantly, us! In all of the years I've known my husband, I've never seen him dance as much as he did that night. It was the most fun party I've been to, which is the best feeling after your wedding day :)

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Megan E

I don't live in Virginia, so I had to talk to most of my potential vendors on the phone. I actually didn't even meet Nate until after my wedding ceremony (that he did the music for!) From our first phone conversation, I knew Nate was the right fit for our wedding. He seemed fun,... Read More helpful, and caring. He was all that and more! He gave me tons of music suggestions, he set up a mini DJ booth in the middle of the woods to play music for the ceremony, and he even recorded a video of the entire wedding ceremony for us! Nate went above and beyond what I expected. He had no problem setting up and operating in our non-traditional "venue" - a tent in the woods on my parents' property. The best part about having Nate as our wedding DJ was definitely the reception. His music choices were awesome, and he played the songs our guests requested. The dance floor was packed the entire night! I know the reception would not have been as fun without Nate as our DJ. Thanks to him I will always have wonderful memories of dancing with our friends and family all night at our wedding!

2017-06-19T17:37:59 Response from the vendor

It was an honor to be your DJ. Thanks for trusting me and dancing all night.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Emily M

Nate was an amazing wedding DJ at our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run! He got in all of our requests and also played his own music which got everyone up dancing the whole night! He really went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend him!

2017-06-19T17:39:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the awesome review. Your entire family was so awesome. Thanks again for selecting me as your DJ.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Natalie S

Nate was fantastic on our special day! He kept everything moving and on time and had the reception area turn into a real party with the lights and music that he played! He was awesome with all the requests that I know my friends kept asking for and I couldn't have asked for the... Read More evening to go any better!!! Thank you so much for making our evening spectacular!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Laura S

Nate is professional, flexible, has excellent customer service, and he really experiences your wedding as if it were his. From the first day my husband and I met him, Nate was extremely welcoming and down to earth. Most importantly, he goes out of his way to make sure the... Read More bride and groom and everyone at the wedding is happy, including the crowd that he is entertaining! He hooked my mom (our officiant) up to a lapel microphone which was super awesome and easy for my mom, who is not exactly technologically savvy. He also provided signs for our initials for the Shoely Wed Game (make sure you ask him about that), he pleased my super critical sisters-in-law with his on-point music selections, and he MCed our whole wedding reception, making all the announcements for the shuttle arrivals and departures. My husband and I were also pleasantly surprised to find that night that he had taped our wedding ceremony, and the lion dance at our reception and posted it on his Facebook page. It was so nice to be able to watch the ceremony from the audience's point of view, and it was a great way for my husband and me to relive that amazing day! You will not go wrong with Nate.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Eric S

By far best Wedding DJ available! Great and easy to work with. Was very accommodating during our day. Also offers military discounts so a plus for us GI / Veterans! Thank you so much Nate!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Natalie C

Nate was extremely professional and helpful during the whole process! He kept the wedding running smoothly by queuing big moments so the guests didn't miss anything. He also was extremely flexible when we had to move the wedding indoors last minute. He got chairs and equipment... Read More moving quickly so I didn't have to worry! He was very accommodating to all our requests. He also sent us timelines and other helpful information ahead of time. Nate is the best!

2017-02-07T14:21:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review and kind words. I loved helping you guys escape the crazy weather we had. Your family was a lot of fun and had awesome requests!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Roy C

Nate was NOT intrusive, he was great with the kids that kept bombarding him while he was working and moved the crowd like a real DJ is supposed to. His setup and teardown was awesome and he got along with all of the other vendor. If you're looking for someone who take care of... Read More you special one-of-a-kind day- this is your many and he is worth every penny.

2016-11-29T17:26:45 Response from the vendor

Thankful I was your DJ Roy and Jess. You guys know how to m party. So glad seeing you enjoy your night

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lauren G

I knew we picked the right DJ for our wedding when every single other vendor we booked raved about how much they love Nate. I now see why. I told Nate when we first contacted him he had his work cut out for him because one of our main goals was to get people out on the dance... Read More floor... With families that aren't big dancers and very diverse music interests we knew it might be a challenge. Up front Nate provided example timelines and checklists to help plan the day which was extremely beneficial to me being that we did not have a wedding planner or day-of wedding coordinator. From an MC perspective Nate kept everything flowing seamlessly. His setup was timely and on point, especially since we were having our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at two different locations. Guests continue to tell me how awesome our DJ was, playing exactly what they wanted to here and keeping the dance floor crowded all night long. I highly recommend Nate; you'll be in good hands if you do.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Lee M

Nate was totally awesome. We were incredibly lucky to have picked him as our DJ - probably the best vendor choice we made. He was a total team player with the whole vendor team during set-up. He had solutions to challenges that didn't have anything to do with DJing. For example,... Read More he put his lights in our tent to create a really nice mood. He also appeared out of nowhere during photos to give me a hand warmer (it was a freezing November evening and we were doing pics outside). When it came to the actual music, I stopped counting how many people came up to me and said he was the best DJ they ever heard and that they didn't know how he had stolen their ipods. ;) - in other words they loved the music. He was fun, friendly and easy-going. I would choose him a hundred times over and recommend you do the same.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Emily H

Nate the DJ is amazing! He asked for a list of songs I wanted to hear at my wedding. He played all the right songs at the right times and included even more! He's nice, professional, affordable, and great to work with! Highly recommend :)

2016-11-22T04:53:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting me with your wedding day and the kind words.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Erin W

Nate was great to work with! Not only did he keep the dance party hopping all night (which was a major feat as the temperature was in the 90s) and listen to our requests and ideas for music, but he did so much more. Nate advertised himself as "more than just a DJ" and that was... Read More very true. When we met with him ahead of time he offered suggestions for the schedule of our reception and gave us tips I never would have thought of. He offered to take control of the schedule for the night (like calling the table numbers for our buffet and the timing of the cake cutting, etc.) which was a great relief since we didn't have a wedding planner and I knew that I could trust him. I would highly recommend hiring Nate!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kaitlan P

Nate is the absolute best DJ ever! He knows how to get the party started but also caters to the crowd and feels out the vibe of the party. He's the type of DJ that when left to do his thing can make even the anti dancers get up and have a good time. He took complete care of my... Read More husband and I and when it came to the lights and set up and even music choices he had us covered. Best decision ever going with Nate!

2016-11-22T04:55:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. You all were so awesome! Thank you for dancing all night long. Your family was a lot of fun.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Bill T

Nate did a fantastic job! Master DJ and MC. I highly recommend him!

2016-10-19T20:52:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks for trusting me with your wedding day Bill. It made my heart glad seeing you dance all night.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Courtney W

Nate is beyond awesome! He is extremely professional, organize, and fun - but most of all one hell of a DJ! I hired Nate for my brother's wedding and all three of us (and I'm sure the 177 guest) highly recommend him for any event - especially weddings! The dance floor was full... Read More until we shut down the night. THANK YOU NATE!

2016-08-30T16:56:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the awesome review. Truly humbled. Thanks for trusting me with your brother's wedding. It was pretty epic!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Lora B

Nate was amazing at our wedding. He was on top of everything and working extremely well with the photographer to make sure everything when smoothly. And all the extras that he brings really just pushes him to that next level of service, from the mic for the officiant, all the... Read More awesome lighting he supplied, he even offered us his fan to have on our couples table because we had fans setup around the edges of the tent and we were sitting on the middle. Would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ!!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Kayla S

Nate was awesome! He did my sister's wedding and we liked him a lot so we wanted him to do ours. He did an amazing job and was really flexible. We were going to try and do an outdoor wedding but unfortunately there was rain and he was great about moving things to the backup... Read More venue and helping set up there. He is a really great DJ and guy and we appreciate all he did for us. I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ.

2016-08-20T12:14:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind review Kayla! So glad I could do your wedding and your sister's wedding. God bless you and Tom forever!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016

Have never worked with a DJ that we enjoy more than Nate! He has done several events that we have been at, and we can't wait to celebrate our wedding with him! Would recommend him to anyone that is having a special event - be it a wedding, birthday party, anything!

2016-07-25T21:51:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope all my clients and venue spaces love what I do!

Nate Clancy

I started DJing in with turntables in the 90s and learned the true art of DJing. I joined the military & that lead to DJing in guest spots around the world. Settling down in Virginia, I focus on DJing Wedding & Corporate events in Central & Northern VA. While I DJed in clubs, I gained the expertise of mixing music, matching beats & reading a crowd. I have done it all from Rustic Farm Weddings to DJing in front of 1000+ people on New Year's Eve. I'm a full time DJ & I take your event seriously & will make you look good for hiring me. You can trust me with your day. I offer day of advice too.