Virginia Wedding DJ and Event DJ

I want to put you at ease. You're spending hard earned money on a wedding DJ service and I want you to trust me with your music and to make your day fun and memorable. I’m one of the best and you get a professional club level DJ at your event that can handle any crowd. As the premier wedding DJ in Virginia I will provide ceremony music, microphones, lighting and dance music. As a previous club DJ and now Wedding DJ I have the experience to keep the dance floor filled. I love what I do and I have every genre of music. In 2000 I started professionally DJing Weddings, Corporate Events, and Family Gatherings, all from referrals and my DJ business grew quickly. When you call, you speak directly to me about Wedding DJ prices. Call me anytime because I’m the DJ.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Indian, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Dancing all night

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Elissa D

Nate Clancy was recommended to us by our photographer and he did an amazing job. Sound was great for the outdoor ceremony and he was able to efficiently move his equipment to the reception site. Nate did a great job of reading the crowd and played the right music to keep... Read More everyone dancing all night long. We had a very small wedding, but you would never know because the majority of our guests were on the dance floor for the entirety of the reception. He filled requests, no matter how rare or old some of the songs may have been. For his services he is also very well priced!

2016-03-15T07:40:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks for trusting me with your entertainment. Your wedding was a lot of fun and thanks for dancing all night long!

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Valorie M

When planning my wedding, it was very important to me to choose vendors who were personable, rather than a gear in the "wedding machine". I called several recommended DJs, but lacked that warm and fuzzy until I spoke to Nate from ImTheDJ. He was open to and excited about the... Read More whimsical things we wanted to incorporate into our big day, which made me feel like I was discussing my wedding with a friend! He's professional, timely, reasonable and knows the ins and outs of the wedding process very well. On top of that, he's such a fantastic DJ! Great taste in music, wide selection and he reads the crowd like a book. What a fun experience! Thank you, Nate!

2016-03-24T14:20:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the review Valorie. You all were so sweet and kind. Thanks for trusting me with your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Megan E

I don't live in Virginia, so I had to talk to most of my potential vendors on the phone. I actually didn't even meet Nate until after my wedding ceremony (that he did the music for!) From our first phone conversation, I knew Nate was the right fit for our wedding. He seemed fun,... Read More helpful, and caring. He was all that and more! He gave me tons of music suggestions, he set up a mini DJ booth in the middle of the woods to play music for the ceremony, and he even recorded a video of the entire wedding ceremony for us! Nate went above and beyond what I expected. He had no problem setting up and operating in our non-traditional "venue" - a tent in the woods on my parents' property. The best part about having Nate as our wedding DJ was definitely the reception. His music choices were awesome, and he played the songs our guests requested. The dance floor was packed the entire night! I know the reception would not have been as fun without Nate as our DJ. Thanks to him I will always have wonderful memories of dancing with our friends and family all night at our wedding!

2017-06-19T17:37:59 Response from the vendor

It was an honor to be your DJ. Thanks for trusting me and dancing all night.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Emily M

Nate was an amazing wedding DJ at our wedding at the Winery at Bull Run! He got in all of our requests and also played his own music which got everyone up dancing the whole night! He really went above and beyond for us and I would highly recommend him!

2017-06-19T17:39:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the awesome review. Your entire family was so awesome. Thanks again for selecting me as your DJ.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Natalie S

Nate was fantastic on our special day! He kept everything moving and on time and had the reception area turn into a real party with the lights and music that he played! He was awesome with all the requests that I know my friends kept asking for and I couldn't have asked for the... Read More evening to go any better!!! Thank you so much for making our evening spectacular!!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Laura S

Nate is professional, flexible, has excellent customer service, and he really experiences your wedding as if it were his. From the first day my husband and I met him, Nate was extremely welcoming and down to earth. Most importantly, he goes out of his way to make sure the... Read More bride and groom and everyone at the wedding is happy, including the crowd that he is entertaining! He hooked my mom (our officiant) up to a lapel microphone which was super awesome and easy for my mom, who is not exactly technologically savvy. He also provided signs for our initials for the Shoely Wed Game (make sure you ask him about that), he pleased my super critical sisters-in-law with his on-point music selections, and he MCed our whole wedding reception, making all the announcements for the shuttle arrivals and departures. My husband and I were also pleasantly surprised to find that night that he had taped our wedding ceremony, and the lion dance at our reception and posted it on his Facebook page. It was so nice to be able to watch the ceremony from the audience's point of view, and it was a great way for my husband and me to relive that amazing day! You will not go wrong with Nate.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Eric S

By far best Wedding DJ available! Great and easy to work with. Was very accommodating during our day. Also offers military discounts so a plus for us GI / Veterans! Thank you so much Nate!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Natalie C

Nate was extremely professional and helpful during the whole process! He kept the wedding running smoothly by queuing big moments so the guests didn't miss anything. He also was extremely flexible when we had to move the wedding indoors last minute. He got chairs and equipment... Read More moving quickly so I didn't have to worry! He was very accommodating to all our requests. He also sent us timelines and other helpful information ahead of time. Nate is the best!

2017-02-07T14:21:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review and kind words. I loved helping you guys escape the crazy weather we had. Your family was a lot of fun and had awesome requests!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Roy C

Nate was NOT intrusive, he was great with the kids that kept bombarding him while he was working and moved the crowd like a real DJ is supposed to. His setup and teardown was awesome and he got along with all of the other vendor. If you're looking for someone who take care of... Read More you special one-of-a-kind day- this is your many and he is worth every penny.

2016-11-29T17:26:45 Response from the vendor

Thankful I was your DJ Roy and Jess. You guys know how to m party. So glad seeing you enjoy your night

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lauren G

I knew we picked the right DJ for our wedding when every single other vendor we booked raved about how much they love Nate. I now see why. I told Nate when we first contacted him he had his work cut out for him because one of our main goals was to get people out on the dance... Read More floor... With families that aren't big dancers and very diverse music interests we knew it might be a challenge. Up front Nate provided example timelines and checklists to help plan the day which was extremely beneficial to me being that we did not have a wedding planner or day-of wedding coordinator. From an MC perspective Nate kept everything flowing seamlessly. His setup was timely and on point, especially since we were having our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception at two different locations. Guests continue to tell me how awesome our DJ was, playing exactly what they wanted to here and keeping the dance floor crowded all night long. I highly recommend Nate; you'll be in good hands if you do.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Lee M

Nate was totally awesome. We were incredibly lucky to have picked him as our DJ - probably the best vendor choice we made. He was a total team player with the whole vendor team during set-up. He had solutions to challenges that didn't have anything to do with DJing. For example,... Read More he put his lights in our tent to create a really nice mood. He also appeared out of nowhere during photos to give me a hand warmer (it was a freezing November evening and we were doing pics outside). When it came to the actual music, I stopped counting how many people came up to me and said he was the best DJ they ever heard and that they didn't know how he had stolen their ipods. ;) - in other words they loved the music. He was fun, friendly and easy-going. I would choose him a hundred times over and recommend you do the same.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Emily H

Nate the DJ is amazing! He asked for a list of songs I wanted to hear at my wedding. He played all the right songs at the right times and included even more! He's nice, professional, affordable, and great to work with! Highly recommend :)

2016-11-22T04:53:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for trusting me with your wedding day and the kind words.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Erin W

Nate was great to work with! Not only did he keep the dance party hopping all night (which was a major feat as the temperature was in the 90s) and listen to our requests and ideas for music, but he did so much more. Nate advertised himself as "more than just a DJ" and that was... Read More very true. When we met with him ahead of time he offered suggestions for the schedule of our reception and gave us tips I never would have thought of. He offered to take control of the schedule for the night (like calling the table numbers for our buffet and the timing of the cake cutting, etc.) which was a great relief since we didn't have a wedding planner and I knew that I could trust him. I would highly recommend hiring Nate!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kaitlan P

Nate is the absolute best DJ ever! He knows how to get the party started but also caters to the crowd and feels out the vibe of the party. He's the type of DJ that when left to do his thing can make even the anti dancers get up and have a good time. He took complete care of my... Read More husband and I and when it came to the lights and set up and even music choices he had us covered. Best decision ever going with Nate!

2016-11-22T04:55:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. You all were so awesome! Thank you for dancing all night long. Your family was a lot of fun.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Bill T

Nate did a fantastic job! Master DJ and MC. I highly recommend him!

2016-10-19T20:52:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks for trusting me with your wedding day Bill. It made my heart glad seeing you dance all night.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Courtney W

Nate is beyond awesome! He is extremely professional, organize, and fun - but most of all one hell of a DJ! I hired Nate for my brother's wedding and all three of us (and I'm sure the 177 guest) highly recommend him for any event - especially weddings! The dance floor was full... Read More until we shut down the night. THANK YOU NATE!

2016-08-30T16:56:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the awesome review. Truly humbled. Thanks for trusting me with your brother's wedding. It was pretty epic!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Lora B

Nate was amazing at our wedding. He was on top of everything and working extremely well with the photographer to make sure everything when smoothly. And all the extras that he brings really just pushes him to that next level of service, from the mic for the officiant, all the... Read More awesome lighting he supplied, he even offered us his fan to have on our couples table because we had fans setup around the edges of the tent and we were sitting on the middle. Would recommend him to anyone needing a DJ!!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Kayla S

Nate was awesome! He did my sister's wedding and we liked him a lot so we wanted him to do ours. He did an amazing job and was really flexible. We were going to try and do an outdoor wedding but unfortunately there was rain and he was great about moving things to the backup... Read More venue and helping set up there. He is a really great DJ and guy and we appreciate all he did for us. I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ.

2016-08-20T12:14:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind review Kayla! So glad I could do your wedding and your sister's wedding. God bless you and Tom forever!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016

Have never worked with a DJ that we enjoy more than Nate! He has done several events that we have been at, and we can't wait to celebrate our wedding with him! Would recommend him to anyone that is having a special event - be it a wedding, birthday party, anything!

2016-07-25T21:51:49 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope all my clients and venue spaces love what I do!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Sarah S

Couldn't have asked for more! One of everyones biggest wedding fears is that the dance floor will be dead the whole night. Luckily for us we had Nate who had a great selection of music and left all the cliche songs at home! The Dance floor went till we shut the place down at... Read More 11 keeping even the older folks interested with some awesome throw backs. Quick on his feet with our last second changes and never showing any sign of frustration. I highly recommend Nate if you need a DJ that will keep the party going all night!

2016-06-06T13:01:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks for dancing all night. Loved seeing you all enjoying your day

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Elisabeth S

Nate stepped in and was the DJ for our wedding after our original DJ canceled a few weeks out. Everything happens for a reason because Nate was AMAZING. He went above the normal role of a DJ and was on the same page as all the other vendors helping out to make sure everything... Read More went as planned. Thank you, Nate!

2016-07-25T21:53:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks for trusting me and letting me serve your family. I am so glad I got to see your wedding day. God bless!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Chelsea L

When our DJ had a last minute family emergency 4 days before our wedding, I was a little nervous about a last minute fill-in DJ. Nate calmed our nerves and made sure that he knew all of the details of our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception as soon as he could. We... Read More talked the day after he took our job and he asked all the right questions to prepare for our big day. Nate and his assistant showed up to our wedding and it was like he had been our DJ all along. He did a great job hooking up sound at the ceremony and played great background music throughout the evening. He found the right combination of music to get both the younger crowd and older crowd out on the dance floor all night. Overall, it was just what we were looking for in a DJ!

2016-07-25T21:54:49 Response from the vendor

I appreciate you trusting me to fill in. Your wedding was so awesome. The ceremony, speeches and dancing were all pretty epic. Please tell your friends and family!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016

Nate was fantastic. Our wedding took place on a farm and included a hilltop ceremony. He was prepared, bringing along a mobile setup that made little noise. Throughout the evening he helped move things along and successfully corralled our stray family members and friends for... Read More the special moments. Of course, his music selection was fantastic. He did an awesome job reading the room and even worked in a few Bollywood tracks for my wife. Overall, Nate was amazing and we highly recommend him.

2016-07-25T21:56:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing me. I was glad to be able to bring the generator and give you your hilltop ceremony. Your family was such a blast to DJ for, I am truly glad tha you trusted me with your day!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016

Nate is a fantastic DJ. He is professional and has tons of experience. He is a great help when it comes to figuring out the flow of your wedding, from mother/son and father/daughter dances, announcing the wedding party and cake cutting, to keeping everyone on the dance floor... Read More happy and moving. He had every song that our guests requested, a great sound system and awesome lights!

2016-07-25T21:57:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the glowing review. Your trust means a lot to me and I appreciate you using me and my talents to make your dream day come true! God Bless!

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Alexandra H

We hired Nate to dj and emcee our wedding reception, and he did not disappoint! He introduced our wedding party, announced the cake cutting and other such things, and did so in an upbeat but very professional way. He was not cheesy at all and didn't take any liberties with the... Read More mic. His playlist was also spot on, resepcting my list of "absolutely not" songs (even if people requested them). He kept people on the dance floor, which is exactly what i wanted-- my wedding felt like a big dance party and it was so much fun. He did a perfect job, and I'd hire him again in a heartbeat.

2016-07-25T21:58:45 Response from the vendor

Thank for the review!

Nate Clancy

I started DJing in with turntables in the 90s and learned the true art of DJing. I joined the military & that lead to DJing in guest spots around the world. Settling down in Virginia, I focus on DJing Wedding & Corporate events in Central & Northern VA. While I DJed in clubs, I gained the expertise of mixing music, matching beats & reading a crowd. I have done it all from Rustic Farm Weddings to DJing in front of 1000+ people on New Year's Eve. I'm a full time DJ & I take your event seriously & will make you look good for hiring me. You can trust me with your day. I offer day of advice too.