We believe in romance.

We provide the best in bridal attire for today's woman. We have a stunning collection of over 600 bridal gowns from our favorite designers. We also have a full range of alterations and embroidery services as well as custom gowns. Our expert bridal consultants will assist you in selecting the perfect gown to make your dreams come true.

Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

2418 Central Ave, Alameda, CA (510) 217-8076

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Lisa E

Janene's was the last dress shop I visited (out of 3 for the day) and I ended up finding the dress here! I wish I remember the name of the person who helped me (blonde, with glasses, worked on a Saturday right before closing). We could tell she was tired from all of the... Read More appointments of the day but she didn't let that affect her performance with me and my crew. She had each of us choose one or two dresses that they all would like to see me in and helped me put on each on with patience. She then listened to everything I had to say as well as my family and ended up pulling something that ended up being the dress I went with! AH I really wish I remembered her name!!! After that, I dealt mostly with Jennifer from alterations. She was very straight-forward with the process and made me feel incredibly comfortable to come to her about any concerns I had. She was so much fun to work with and made all the fittings something to look forward to. The dress ended up fitting perfectly! All in all - all of the ladies working here are so nice and helpful! Would highly recommend to anyone in the area!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Nicole L

Ladies, if you are looking for your perfect bridal gown, please do yourself a favor and head to Janene's!! I live in Los Angeles, and my wedding is in my hometown of Sacramento. Why go to a bridal salon all the way in Alameda? First, they have an absolutely amazing selection... Read More of bridal gowns. Second, unlike salons where you have your consultant bring you dresses to try, they actually let you walk through the store and pick out your own dresses (which I happened to prefer). Third, all their consultants are super fun and make the experience amazing. Fourth, Janene herself does your alterations in house. Lastly, the prices are super affordable and reasonable!! I spent far less than I thought I would! I would suggest going to a fancy bridal salon first and getting the experience of having a consultant bring you dresses (figure out the style and silhouettes that look best on you). Then come to Janene's and have some real fun! The also have an absolutely amazing jewelry designer, Inna, who makes beautiful custom jewelry (and at a super duper reasonable price - seriously my jaw dropped when she told me how much the earrings and bracelet she was going to make for me would cost). If she is in the store when you are, ask to meet with her. You won't be disappointed. Totally worth the flights and long drives to get my dress from Janene's! I wouldn't have done it any other way!

Janene's came through for me!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Kelly S

This bridal boutique has been the shining star in (sometimes) stressful wedding planning. I am a plus size bride, so I know it's difficult to find the perfect dress. Before I even got engaged, I knew what dress I wanted, but I knew I had to try on others just to see what was out... Read More there. Before I had gone to Janene's, I tried the big stores, the one with all the commercials on tv. They treated me like crap, didn't help me put on the gowns and acted like they just didn't care. So I make an appointment at Janene's and I explained that I am a plus size bride and made sure they had some in or near my size to try on. When I went in, I was greeted with a smile. We picked a few dresses to try on and oh yes, they had my dream dress. I like the fact that we "shopped" together. I think that is better than sitting in the room, waiting for them to bring you dresses. Anyway, I tried on a few and wanted to try on my dream gown. Unfortunately it wasn't my size and I couldn't put it on. I did hold it up to me and I just knew it was the one. Stephani said she could order it in my size so I could see how it would look on me. A couple months later, I get a call that the dress arrived! I was so excited! So I made an appointment with my MOH and came in. The dress is breathtaking! I finally got to put it on and was so happy with how it looked. I had such a great time with Stephani and Janene, they really listened to me with my questions and more questions. I really felt they cared about me and my needs and I really think their kindness is genuine. I've been in for one fitting so far, I probably have about 2-3 to go. They are putting in a corset back, a regular bustle and shortening it a little bit. I will definitely post updates! I highly recommend this place, they are very accommodating. On my way to my first fitting, my girls and I found out that the Alameda Art and Wine festival was going on and it took us over a half hour to find parking which made us late. Stephani was very understanding and took us in even though we were late. I can't say enough good things about this place!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Lauren F

Janene's was such a wonderful experience! They pride themselves on the wide selection of dresses and customization capabilities, and they live up to it! I ended up getting two dresses from them, ultimately customizing both and they both came out exactly how I envisioned it. I... Read More never felt rushed at my appointments, they always offered me to come and try on the dress once it was altered. The staff is extremely kind, accommodating, and excited for your big day! I highly recommend starting at Janene's when going dress shopping because their selection, friendliness, and customization options will definitely make you want to be one of their brides!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Blair C

I knew a lot of good things about Janene's so this was the first appointment I booked (and ended up being the only boutique I went to) when looking for a wedding dress. They had the dress that I thought would fit the bill (Watters: Penelope) but it wasn't quite perfect... I... Read More really wanted a blush colored dress. Well, Heather, Stephani and ultimately the magician, Janene, made that happen! They suggested taking out the bronze/neutral lining and replacing it with a blush lining, basically reconstructing the dress and within a six month time frame! Janene even added additional layers of blush netting to the skirt and created a new blush belt. It was my dream dress... so beautiful, so ME! I received a multitude of complements on my wedding day, even still do today, a year later (I know, such a late review). I've never felt more beautiful than I did wearing that dress and am so thankful to Janene, Stephani and Heather for everything they did for me!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Bar B

Great selection, great prices, great staff. I had a wonderful overall experience and I would recommend This salon to any bride. Thank you.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Tina Q

I gave this place once star because they have a wide range of affordable dresses to choose from which is awesome! My dress arrived about a month later than I was told, which was fine since I purchased the dress early enough. But BEWARE if you decide to do alterations with them.... Read More It was truly the worst experience ever! They hemmed my dress 2 inches too short! You could fully see my toes and part of my foot. And when I brought it to their attention, they try to convince me that that is how you are suppose to hem a wedding dress. To be honest, I was SHOCKED! Do I look dumb? Never have I ever seen a wedding dress hemmed 2-3inches above the ground in photos. That's ridiculous. To make matter worst, the girl who was helping me with my appt decided she was the seamstress for the day and decided what should be done to the dress to make the situation better (instead of calling a professional seamstress downstairs to take a look and try to fix the damage that was made). Thus on my next appt, my dress was worst that it was before. I sobbed and the girl had the nerve to roll her eyes at me and say "you must be stressed with the wedding". Are you kidding me! I'm stressed because you basically ruined my dress 3wks before my wedding. So then the girl helping me with my appt goes to say, how about i have the seamstress come talk to you to let you know that this is how a hem should be. How RUDE! I truly do not care how YOU think my dress should be. This is my wedding day, if I would like my dress to not show my toes and half of my foot during the wedding, that should be considered! It was truly a nightmare. They not once apologized for it or gave me back my money for messing up my hem. Please please do not get your dressed hemmed here. You don't need the added stress on your special day.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Sharie P

Loved them. The store is so cute and Jennifer definitely helped a ton to calm my bridal nerves and make my dress what I always hoped for. Janene herself still works there and helped to shorten up my dress last minute. They met with me as many times as I needed they emailed and... Read More chatted with me on the phone. Definitely worth the drive from the peninsula. Couldn't say enough good things about this store.

Great service

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Sonah L

Amazing customer service. I went there on a friend's recommendation, and Heather was super friendly and so comfortable to work with. I've been to a few other places who tried to make me panic about the fact that I had a very short engagement, but Janene's was a completely... Read More different experience. Heather promised to do everything they could do to work around my schedule and promised that it was entirely possible and hey, life doesn't always happen so you have a nice 6-9 months to order a gown during a year long engagement. I don't think I found my gown there, but am seriously considering going there to get my gown altered there. Huge double thumbs up!

My dream wedding gown!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Michelle

Thank you to Janene and her staff for my dream wedding gown. I had a great experience at Janene's from start to finish - I was able to find an affordable dress in my preferred style and the team did a great job on my alterations including creating detachable straps/back for my... Read More gown. I definitely recommend Janene's Bridal!

Great Shopping Experience

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Emily W

I hadn't planned to actually purchase a new wedding dress, I had planned to go vintage, but on a whim, my best friend and I decided to go dress shopping to say that we'd done it. I tried on a number of pretty dresses and a handful of terrifying ones (like one does).... Read More Surprisingly, I found a gorgeous simple dress, that was very similar to many of the vintage dresses I had been looking at, so I decided to go for it. Heather, my bridal consultant, was sweet as can be and so helpful, but I will be honest and say that I just wasn't super impressed by other members of the retail staff that I interacted with. No one was rude outright, but they definitely did not provide the stellar customer service that Heather did. Bottom line: if you find a dress you love, you won't be sorry, but their hot and cold customer service is kind of a bummer.

Just the perfect place

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Ashlee E

When looking for my dress, I originally wanted a beautiful rose embellished dress that would flow all over the dance flow...well when I found out how much that dream dress costed, I was on a hunt for something else! I came across this beautiful JLM Couture dress, it was just... Read More stunning. After finding out that it was within my budget, I was on a hunt to find where I could track it down and schedule a dress shopping appt. I was happy to find out that the dress was not too far from home, just across the bay. I had my first dress shopping appt with Heather, she was just so awesome! So helpful and kind. I was blessed to have her being there to help me on my search. Needless to say I said yes to the dress that day and to the JLM dress! It was just stunning and everything I was looking for! in March once my dress arrive I booked my first alterations appt, then another and another, I think i had 5 total... Most of the appt were with Stephanie, she was just as amazing! I just loved these ladies so much! They made my dress into the most beautiful dress I have ever wore and for that I am forever grateful!

Until it's perfect

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Erin B

I found my dream dress at Janene's. I had narrowed it down to two - one very traditional, and one with tons of ruffle layers - and was having such a difficult time deciding. That's when Sheryl, my stylist, said she had a different dress that had elements of the two I was... Read More struggling with. When she brought it in, I instantly loved it, and trying it on confirmed that I had found it! It had all of the elegance of the traditional, but with soft layers of organza for a fun, whimsical touch. The stylists at Janene's are very kind and attentive, and they make dreams come true. The alterations process was a little rocky at the very end, which is not really what you want to have happen for a bride. There were some issues getting a perfect fit with my undergarments. I had brought them with me for several previous fittings, but it still wasn't right when I came in for the final fitting two days before my wedding. My stylist helped me to stay calm, however, and change after change was made until the top finally fit me the way it was supposed to. The sewers at Janene's do incredible work, and they will do as many changes as necessary until you are comfortable, satisfied, and happy. Until it's perfect.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Alicia A

I had alot of requests and they made all changes on time. Even adding straps the week before the wedding!

Unique Dresses

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Shawna K

After going to over 10 bridal salons all over the country to try on dresses, I stumbled upon Janene's via a flyer they sent me in the mail. One of my bridesmaids lives a few blocks away from the salon so I thought we'd just check it out since it was right there. We found my... Read More dress on the first try! It was very unique and very me. We ordered the dress and it took almost 7 months to arrive which made me nervous as it only gave me a month for alterations. I wish I would have read all the Yelp reviews on Janene's BEFORE I went in for my alterations because the sticker shock almost ruined my day. It was going to cost over $750! Janene took my initial alterations and she is not a very pleasant person which was odd to me because her staff were all bubble and excited. She was a Debby Downer. Overall, I loved my dress but if I could go back, I would take my dress to get altered somewhere else.

The One and Only

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Sarah J

- Great selection - Good value options - Open Late for working gals I purchased my dress and also worked with them for alterations and my veil. Alterations were amazing and my dress fit like a glove. I spent $1300 on the dress and $1000 on alterations. My veil... Read More had hand beading on it and was $300. I wouldn't have changed a thing. I felt like the most amazing woman on my wedding day and I know that my dress and its alterations were part of that. The service at Janene's is terrific. They take special pride in their brides and want to make you happy. It was a flawless process. Thank you, janene's!

Janene's Bridal Boutique

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 Angela Marie N

This was the 1st and only bridal salon I went to and boy did I get lucky. Heather was the bridal consultant who helped me. She did a great job of helping me hone in on what kind of style of dress I wanted. She actually ended up pulling my wedding gown from the back! without her... Read More help I would not have found the gown. She figured out the style I wanted so well. I can't thank her enough. There was some trouble with sizing of this particular designer and then Janene's was having some trouble with their computers, so Heather was nice enough to give me a little discount for the inconvenience. The dress came in just in time, and Lara was the one to help me in and out of the dress at each fitting. Alterations were done by Janene, the owner, and her team of seamstresses. The dress ended up fitting perfectly and everyone I came in contact with was so nice and helpful. The alterations did cost almost as much as the gown itself but I believe it was worth the price. Just a heads up for other brides, you may want to account for alterations while deciding your dress budget.

Dream Dress

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Silvana P

After trying on several dresses after my first fitting at Janene's I knew I would end up back there to buy the dress that brought me in from an ad. This was the perfect dress for me and the customer service was fantastic at every fitting. Alterations in house made things very... Read More easy and the selection is to die for....it's bridal bliss in that store. Take a friend and enjoy the hundreds of gowns that are available to fit any bride's taste.

Kate saved the day!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Alicia-Ann T

This was my first time trying dresses on. Brought two of my bridesmaids and wasn't prepared for the sassy comments coming out of them, but Kate kept me on track and the appointment went well. So well that I think she chose my favorite dress of all and although there are... Read More bridesmaids dresses to be looked for, I think my dress hunt started and ended with your shop!

Incomplete bustle

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Nicolette S

I bought my wedding dress and had my alterations done here. The process of purchasing my dress was great and all of the girls who work at Janene's Bridal are wonderful and so fun to see and work with. However, I was not always happy with Janene - she didn't always seem to be in... Read More the best of moods and was often unpleasant. During one of my last alterations, she told me I needed to take out my dress because she couldn't get my clasps closed. She had acrylic nails on so I asked one of the staff members to do the clasp (who wasn't wearing acrylic nails) and she had no problem clasping my dress. Also, at my last dress fitting, my bustle was not done - half of the train did not bustle up. Janene said she would fix it and it would be all ready when I picked it up and I would not need to do another fitting just to take a look at the bustle. The bustle was in fact not fixed and when it was bustled on my wedding day, half of the train was still on the floor. Thankfully, my coordinator and bridesmaids were able to fix the train with safety pins so it bustled into my dress but the train tore throughout the night because the safety pins were not strong enough to hold it up. My alterations, especially my bustle, were very expensive so I felt an half completed bustle was unacceptable.

Love my dress!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Rachelle A

A friend of mine in the bridal industry recommended Janene for alterations, so I took an inexpensive dress to her to see if it could be transformed. She told me it was certainly possible, but could tell it wasn't the dress I had my heart set on. Lucky for me, Janene's was able... Read More to order "my" Hayley Paige dress and give me a better price than the department store where I originally saw it! A few months, very minor alterations, and a French bustle later, I couldn't have been happier with my choice for our big day. Wish I could wear the dress all over again!

Amazing Experience!

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Kelly A

I'm so glad I purchased my dress and had it altered at Janene's (also got my veil there). After visiting 3 other stores to no avail, I happen to stumble upon Janene's and I'm so glad I did. They were very flexible about fitting in all of my appointments around my schedule... Read More which was helpful. I was an indecisive bride when it came to my dress (such a big decision and overwhelming with all of the choices!) but they literally spent 4+ hours with me over several appointments to find the perfect dress for me. I ended up working with every staff person there over time, each one was pleasant, professional, and offered her honest opinion. Their prices are also reasonable compared to the other shops I visited. My overall experience was amazing and I highly recommend Janene's!

Terrible Service

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Jordan M

Unfortunately working with Janene for the alterations for my wedding dress was extremely frustrating and challenging. I did not buy my dress at Janene's, I purchased it at Glamor Closet and they referred Janene's. Janene is extremely cold and made me feel like she was doing me a... Read More favor. She did not listen to my requests, didn't give suggestions when she messed up and unless you talked about her and her niece getting married she acted like you were not worth her time. Janene's assistants were very kind and helpful and if it weren't for them I would have taken my dress elsewhere, and the fact that she makes you pay upfront. The wedding dress process is supposed to be fun and exciting and mine was horrible and stressful. I had 7 fittings,and at my final fitting 9 days before my wedding it still wasn't right! Janene didn't do a very good job, is over priced, and mean. I would not recommend her to anyone who needs alterations.

Love this place!

Reviewed on 3/05/2014 Kathleen J

Janene and her team are awesome. You can tell they really care about their clients. Jade helped me pick the perfect dress and answered all of my questions when I said "yes" to the dress. And Janene saw me/altered my dress until it was perfect. I love how they have everything... Read More here (dresses, veils, altering, etc.). They can do anything you want...just ask (I had my wedding date embroidered onto my dress). Seriously you will cherish and love the personalized, thoughtful attention you get here (you won't get it anywhere else). Thank you Janene and team for helping me find the perfect dress (which I love!)!

Lovely Store, Not Lovely Experience

Reviewed on 2/13/2013 Sasha S

Opportunities that employees of "Janene's" had to politely let me know that, as a curvy bride, their sample size dresses would probably not fit me: #1 When my maid-of-honor made the appointment, letting them know my dress size and asking if they had dresses that would fit... Read More me. #2 When I arrived for my appointment, and the consultant (who had eyes) could see that I am, in fact, a plus size bride. #3 When I showed the consultant the pictures of the dresses I was interested in, which were from curvy and plus size lines. #4 Before I went into the dressing room with the dresses I pulled #5 After I got undressed in the dressing room #6 When I asked her to help me put the first dress on #7 When we then tried to put the dress on over my head instead because it wouldn't fit over my hips. Now, because I am not a moron, at that point I put two and two together and directly asked her if they had any dresses I would be able to try on. Her response (though polite and solicitous) was that we could hold them up to me. On what planet would it be an enjoyable experience for a bride to stand in front of her friends and family in her underwear HOLDING up dresses? Under what circumstances am I going to spend a ton of money on a dress I cannot try on? If, during any one of those opportunities (particularly when we MADE the appointment), I had been politely informed that they did not carry plus size dresses, I would have thanked them and been on my way. The store is lovely, the consultant was attentive and enthusiastic, and their selection of dresses seemed impressive for the boutique size of the store. What happened instead was that at that point, I burst into tears. Nothing a bride wants more than to be told (in her underwear no less) that none of the pretty pretty dresses will fit because she is, horrors, a plus size bride. The consultant clearly felt bad and tried her best to diffuse the situation, including offering to look up other bridal salons for me. That was very kind, but, again, as I am not an idiot, I did actually do research and book more than one appointment at salons that carried lines that I was interested in. It would have been infinitely easier if they had just been forthcoming from the beginning.