Traveling Hairstylist

2013, 2015, 2016 and newly 2017 The Knot "Best Of" winner, Jennifer provides traveling to you for your hair needs. She designs beautiful work that makes you want to feel your best on your wedding day. She provides all the utensils from flat irons, curling irons, rollers to bobby pins, rubber bands and of course hair products!

Hair Stylists, Nails, Waxing, Beauty

17. W Hubbard Avenue, Columbus, OH (937) 638-0446

Beautiful, efficient work!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Lisa S

Jennifer came to my home to do hair for me, my four bridesmaids, and the two moms. Her work was beautiful. She is very creative, and gave every woman a hairstyle that looked beautiful on her and cohesive with the group. I loved how meticulously she took care of my... Read More hairstyle. It was 100+ degrees the day of my wedding and all the hairstyles stayed in place all night. My mom and I, in particular, have trouble getting our hair to stay put, and our hair looked great through plenty of dancing and hugging all night. And Jennifer managed this without giving any of us a hairspray helmet! Jennifer is a calm and efficient hairstylist. She arrived on time (maybe even a little early) and finished nearly an hour early. She was very professional, easy to work with, and I enjoyed sharing my wedding morning with her. Thanks, Jennifer!

Fantastic Hair Stylist

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Katie B

Jennifer exceeded by expectations on my wedding day. She made my whole wedding party look absolutely beautiful! Even my mother was happy with her hair! She will travel to where you are staying the morning of your big day. I was able to relax the morning of my wedding and did not... Read More have to worry about a thing since I knew my hair would look exactly the way I wanted too. Thanks Jennifer!

Everyone said I looked like Jackie-O!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Kim D

Jennifer was super flexible with what we needed (even took an extra bridesmaid on the day-of!) and was patient until we got everything just-right! It's nice that her rates are based upon the difficulty level of the hairstyle (ranging from $35-65), but that can make things a... Read More little confusing. Sometimes it's nice to be able to give your wedding party a set price for what everything will be that day. Regardless, she showed up on time and finished early - and everyone looked great! I highly recommend her for on-site services!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kirstin K

Jennifer exceeded my expectations on my wedding day! I absolutely loved my hair & so did all 11 of my bridesmaids! She was amazing to work with & was very efficient. I got multiple compliments on my hair and it held up ALL night. I was more than pleased :) It looked exactly like... Read More the picture I showed her! My bridesmaids all loved her and I've already given her info out to future brides!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Jordan D

Jennifer completely amazed me when styling my hair for my wedding. My hair is super fine, dull and pin straight. I wanted a messy side bun, and she nailed it. My hair has never looked as good as it did at my wedding and that is priceless.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Kelly M

Jennifer was the perfect hairstylist for my wedding day. She did everyone's hair for the wedding in a timely and efficient matter, which on your wedding day is a big plus because you don't want to start your wedding day being stressed about being behind from the very beginning.... Read More Everyone loved their hair which didn't surprise me because Jennifer has won the The Knot's "Best Of Hairstylist" the past three years. I highly recommend Jennifer for all future brides and their Bridal party. You won't be disappointed. Thanks again Jennifer for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Allison F

Jennifer was so amazing! Prior to my trial, I had never had my hair done professionally so I was completely unprepared and clueless as to what I wanted. Jennifer was so patient and worked through different ideas with me and continued to change and redo my hair until I landed on... Read More the exact styling I wanted. Then a week before my wedding I went to her salon for a cut and color, and we talked more about my styling and she was very open to making changes which really helped curb any anxieties I had been having about my hair. The morning of my wedding she was so efficient and quick – doing my hair and 4 others in a variety of styles and they all looked incredible. We received so many compliments and despite the hot weather, long day, and hours of dancing, our hair held up beautifully and still looked picture perfect at 2 am! When I saw our wedding photos I had to do a double take because I truly never believed my hair could look that good. I cannot thank Jennifer enough, and I will be recommending her to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Kristen S

Jen came to my venue at Sciotio Reserve in May for my wedding. She did my hair and my sisters and mom, as well as my Jr. Bridesmaid and flower girls. My hair was perfect, and stayed looking great even through all the dancing and a long reception. She seriously is THE best. She... Read More also does my cut and color so she can do it all:) highly recommend this sweet and talented lady! She is fun, cool, and will make you feel confident and comfortable on your big day. Good luck to all of you with wedding planning!!!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Grace H

Jennifer was amazing to work with! She is a pro at wedding hair styles and did a fantastic job with my hair and the hair of all 6 of my bridesmaids. She was able to take suggestions and example pictures and create the perfect hairstyle for each of us. Jennifer worked quickly and... Read More efficiently on the wedding day but was also very patient when we requested changes or had to change something about our schedule. She also came to the venue where we were getting ready, which was extremely helpful! I would highly recommend Jennifer!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Jessica H

Jennifer did my hair for my wedding and she did a beautiful job! She was so calming the day of the wedding, especially when I was so stressed. She took such good care of me, and my hair turned out beautifully. She was super willing to adjust anything I wanted tweaked, and was... Read More even willing to do a mini cut on my hair to make it look just the way I wanted right there in the hotel room. It held up throughout the night and I got tones of compliments on how beautiful it looked! So glad I picked her to handle my hair.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Michelle A

​Jennifer did a phenomenal job! She listened to my ideas and was able to create a gorgeous updo for the ceremony that easily transitioned to a half updo for the reception. Everyone's hair styles (two moms, five bridesmaids) looked just as amazing at 11pm as they did at 9am. I... Read More highly recommend her both as a wedding stylist and a hair designer!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stephanie B

I absolutely LOVED my hair on my wedding day. Jennifer did an AMAZING job with my up do and all of my bridesmaids looked flawless! She did a great job the day of the wedding with completion of what seemed like a million people that needed to get their hair done. I really... Read More appreciate you being so flexible, Jennifer. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelly K

I can't say enough to describe how great Jennifer was in doing my hair (and 6 bridesmaids) for my recent Oct 15, 2016 wedding. She provided excellent ideas, and was flexible to try different looks during my trial -which, in the end, allowed me to have complete comfort over my... Read More final look. Also, she was timely in completing our whole group and she is just a really cool person to have around on your wedding day. I would love for Jennifer to do my hair every day! I am happy to answer any questions from other brides too.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lynn Z

Jennifer was fantastic to work with for my wedding! She came to our hotel on the big day and was able to whip out hair on myself, 6 bridesmaids and MOB (8 total) in a seamless process. She did a great job of getting input from all the girls on what they were looking for and then... Read More creating that for them. All of the girls were VERY happy with their hair. I am sure I gave her the biggest project with putting long thick hair in an up-do. She did it and did it WELL! My hair stayed perfectly throughout the entire day and into the night. Jennifer is extremely professional and great to work with!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Holly L

Jennifer saved the day when my original stylist backed out a month before my wedding. Jennifer went out of her way to help me and my bridal party, something I am so grateful for. At my trial she immediately understood my vision, a pageant queen/Victoria's secret model... Read More hybrid. A vision I wasn't even able to clearly articulate, but she got it. She is incredibly talented at what she does. Not many people can create gorgeous romantic curls that stay all day and not look messy, but Jennifer can. My hair was down and withstood 100 degree heat and 4 hours of dancing. Also, her personality is calm and kind, making her so awesome to be around on your wedding day. You will never regret hiring Jennifer!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Elizabeth K

Jennifer King did an absolutely fantastic job!! I had only a vague idea of what I wanted for my wedding hair, but during both of my hair trials she was able to replicate the pictures I brought her flawlessly including working with my veil and hairpieces so I knew exactly what I... Read More would look like the day of my wedding. Then two days before the wedding, I had a little panic attack and decided I wanted my hair in a completely different style, as the one I had chosen was just not me. I emailed Jennifer and she told me not to worry. I will admit I did worry a bit, but it was all for nothing as she completed the changes I wanted to perfection the day of the wedding. My hair turned out better than I could have imagined. It made me feel just like me but just an extra glamorous version of me! All of my girls and both of our moms also got exactly what they wanted and everyone looked amazing! Jennifer was patient and efficient the day of, bringing everything she needed (including like 6 sets of hot rollers and several extension cords) and finishing myself, 5 bridesmaids, and 2 moms with plenty of time to spare. I was also highly impressed that all of our various styles survived beautifully for the rest of the day and night, despite a massive thunderstorm and a ton of humidity. I recommend Jennifer King without any reservations for a positively stress-free experience and absolutely amazing wedding hair!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Natalie S

Jen was great to work with. She truly brought my vision for my wedding hair to life. The trial went smoothly and she was able to make a few minor tweaks that I asked for for the big day. Her work is high quality but she is also SUPER fast, which is obviously very important when... Read More you're trying to stick to a strict "day-of" timeline. She was able to complete hair for myself, seven bridesmaids, and my mom all with time to spare. Her prices are reasonable as well. Definitely recommend working with Jen.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Madison S

Jennifer did a truly amazing job! Not only on me (the bride), but on all my bridesmaids and moms. She was very efficient, and she made my nerves calm with her fun personality. I would recommend her to any bride looking for amazing hair for their wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Maureen R

I've been going to Jennifer for years and immediately booked her when I got engaged. I knew she would do an amazing job and listen to what I wanted. All of my bridesmaids and my mother said how much they loved their hair and it was exactly what they wanted. She is very easy to... Read More work with and the entire day was chill and relaxed. Definitely recommend her to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Marci R

I cannot express how nervous I was about my hair for my wedding day. I've had terrible experiences in the past and had high standards and low expectations walking into my trial. Walking out of my trial, I had tears of relief in my eyes. I have wavy/curly hair and no one has... Read More proven how to manage it for a formal occasion until now. Jennifer was so kind and great at giving and listening to feedback for the look I was going for. I thought the trial was great and then somehow the actual day trumped it. Every guest that complimented my dress had a follow up, "WOW" comment about my hair. I have never in my life felt so beautiful. I will never forget Jennifer or be able to express how truly grateful I am for what she did.

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Alexis P

Perfect! Jennifer is reliable and will make your hair look exactly how you want. All my bridesmaids, my mom and myself were all very happy with our hair on my wedding day thanks to Jennifer! She also made the process less stressful/ enjoyable by helping us plan Ahead.

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Kelsey K

Jennifer is an outstanding hair stylist! She came to my parents' house on my wedding day, with an assistant (who was also great), and did my hair along with eight other bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law! She made sure that my hair was exactly how I wanted it for the big... Read More day. I had two different styles that I couldn't decide between before my wedding, and she was able to show me how each would look during my trial. I would highly recommend her as a wedding day stylist! I now see her regularly for haircuts and so does my husband. Jennifer is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Chi C

Jennifer was recommended to us by our makeup artist. She quickly understood what I was looking for after viewing my hair piece and pictures I gathered online. She works efficiently and accomplished six different styles that worked great with my wedding party's makeup, outfits,... Read More and personalities. As much as I like my overall look as a bride, I have to say that I was disappointed. First, the a bobby pin went loose within an hour and was clearly captured by the first set of the photos taken in the hotel lobby. Secondly, my up-do fell off during the reception. Thirdly, I felt a bit intimidated when Jennifer commented on our plan of having hair and makeup done in a hotel room instead of our residence (where our wedding was held). I understood her concerns, but she made me felt like I made a horrible decision even after I promised her that we'll have our hotel room at noon. Overall, I feel that Jennifer is professional but not very personal.

Beautiful Wedding Hair!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Jennifer D

Jennifer did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and my bridesmaids' hair! She created such beautiful styles that lasted all throughout the day and evening. Jen is truly the best and I would highly recommend her!

Fabulous Wedding Hair!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Christina E

Jennifer was absolutely amazing on my wedding day!! She had a calming demeanor, was efficient with our schedule, and provided an individual style for each bridesmaid, given that I had a large bridal party and an out-of-state wedding. Every bridesmaid told me that they loved how... Read More she provided suggestions based on their preferences and hair type, and were pleased that the style held the entire day. Jennifer also took the time to help find the best style for me for my wedding. I felt absolutely wonderful on my day and she played a huge part in that. If you're trying to figure out who to trust with your hair on the biggest day of your life, you should definitely pick Jennifer!!

Jennifer King

Jennifer shines as a hair designer and colorist in her own salon in the Short North. She also excels nationally, having been selected as a regional finalist in the 2005 National Artistic Competition and most recently awarded 2013, 2015, 2016 and newly 2017 Best of Weddings from The Knot. She just was also inducted into the Hall of Fame! She has been doing hair since 2002 and since 2006 thrived styling wedding hair. Her inspiration comes not only from the quarterly training classes she attends, but mostly from her experience with clients and her obsession with the fashion and design industry.