Ken's Creative Kitchen

Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC, & the Eastern Shore

An Unforgettable Expereince

We offer impeccable catering services and innovative cuisine featuring the finest and freshest ingredients available. Our food presentations are generous, concentrating on texture, style and taste. It is our pledge to you to create an event that fulfills your vision and exceed your expectations.

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

980 Awald Rd. , Suite 201, Annapolis, MD Annapolis, Baltimore, Washington DC, & the Eastern Shore (410) 268-3222

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Melissa P

Ken's Creative Kitchen did an amazing job catering our wedding. I had heard wonderful things from many friends, but KCK exceeded all expectations. All of the food was delicious and beautiful, and they executed our family style vision perfectly. As some have said, the crab... Read More cakes are a must! And we elected to have Ken's bring in an oyster shucker to have a raw bar on site during cocktail hour, which was a total hit with the guests. Since the wedding, we've received many compliments from friends and family! Lauren was great to plan with -- she had lots of good ideas that contributed to the overall success of the reception, and was incredibly responsive, pleasant, and easy to work with as we adjusted the menu, headcount, linens, and other small things leading up to the wedding day. Helen Stewart, the catering coordinator, was unbelievably wonderful during the reception. At least a few times, she unobtrusively approached and asked if she could get me anything. Until it was my own actual wedding day, I had no idea how awesome that was. Thank you, Helen!

2017-10-19T13:12:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a lovely experience working with our staff. We look forward to working with you in the future for all of your catering needs!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Roscoe T

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the team at Ken's Creative Kitchen! They catered my wedding, and they were simply amazing. My husband and I are foodies, and we did not want to skimp on food for our reception. From the initial planning to the execution on the day of,... Read More Ken's was fabulous during the entire process. Lauren was so sweet and professional, and she helped me to create several different menu options that would work at different price points. Not only did she assist with creating our perfect menu, but she also helped with rentals for the reception, which contributed to the perfect atmosphere of our reception. A huge shout out to Kathy as well! She helped make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed at our reception, even before we knew we needed it. She had drinks waiting for the entire wedding party when we arrived to the reception, which they are all still raving about. We felt like celebrities because of the way we were catered to, and that made us feel even more special. I highly recommend Ken's to any couple planning a wedding in the Annapolis area. I planned my wedding from across the country, and I never felt out of the loop or worried about anything, thanks to Ken's Creative Kitchen. They are simply incredible, and I will never forget how perfect they made our special day. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

2017-10-19T13:12:17 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Grace S

Ken's Creative Kitchen is literally the best!! First off, I'm not sure how anyone who does a tasting with them chooses anyone else. The tasting room is welcoming, and the food is amazing. Hello crab cakes! I second the previous comment from another reviewer about "part caterer,... Read More part advisor, part family". We worked with Katie, and she is totally amazing. I didn't need a wedding planner or "day of coordinator". That was Katie! She listened to my vision and helped us put together the perfect day. On the day of the wedding, I have never seen anything run so smoothly. The food was epic, the drinks were flowing, and the service was unparalleled. I know I am biased, but I think it was the best party that I have every been to. Even when I started to have a meltdown because the shuttle was messed up, Katie came to the rescue and helped me & my guests get out the door. Choosing Ken's was one of the best decisions that I made during my wedding planning process. I'm obsessed and can't wait to plan another party!!

2017-10-19T13:12:22 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Margaret O

Never have I been to a wedding in which the caterer's food was more highly praised. Guest after guest went out of his/her way to let me know how delicious the food was and to request the name of the caterer. Ken's Creative Kitchen took extraordinary care in ensuring my daughter... Read More and fiance's wedding was spectacular - from detailed planning to incredibly delicious food to excellent customer service, including accommodations for special dietary requests. I can recommend them very highly with no reservation; they helped make my daughter's wedding truly memorable.

2017-10-19T13:12:32 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kira S

We used Ken's Creative Kitchens for our June 2017 wedding and we were absolutely impressed! From our first tasting, to our meetings along the way, to the final product on our wedding day, everything was fantastic and exactly how we wanted it to be. Throughout the process, we met... Read More with Ken and he helped our vision come to life. We opted for more of a cocktail style reception instead of a seated dinner, which was something new for our more traditional parents to wrap their heads around. But in the end, they were able to give complete trust that Ken would make it great, and he absolutely did! We had butler served hour-d-oeuvres, a salad station, and two buffet tables which later transitioned to dessert tables. The food was absolutely delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests days after the event was over. Also, our day of coordinator, Nancy, was fantastic. She made sure that we, as the busy bride and groom, were taken care of with drinks and food, and dessert to go! The entire staff worked together seamlessly and it was easy to see that this is a business that prides itself on quality. We truly were impressed by Ken's and highly recommend them for your event!

2017-10-19T13:13:59 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Cynthia S

Where to even begin. My husband and I knew that an open bar and food were two of the most important things to us for our wedding day. Our venue had a list of catering choices to choose from which included Ken's Creative Kitchen. From the get go we could tell that Ken's was... Read More above the rest just given the amazing choices on their sample menus and the ease of using their website. These were clearly professionals and boy was that spot on. We specifically dealt with Lauren who was absolutely amazing. We had not one, but two tastings in preparation in which everything from appetizers to signature drinks was delicious. We had the most beautiful mojitos on our wedding day and had amazing food like a shrimp and grits bar. Lauren was kind, timely with communication, and always delivered. She was also incredibly flexible and even helped with the day of coordination for us and came with us to our rehearsal the day prior. Her team was equally exceptional. My guests never waited for a drink. They had appetizers and drinks waiting for my entire bridal party as soon as we finished walking down the aisle. I had so many guests and family tell me different things the catering staff did so graciously and quickly to fix any little issue even if it had nothing to do with the catering. They also couldn't stop raving over the food. On your wedding you truly find that having good vendors will completely save you and your sanity. This vendor was beyond my wildest expectations. They made our wedding day so carefree and memorable for us and we can't say enough good things about them!

2017-10-19T13:14:07 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Louisa E

I wish I could rate them higher! I cannot express how wonderful Ken and his team made our day! From the first meeting they took care of EVERYTHING! The food was unbelievable and no one understood how they cooked fish and asparagus so perfectly for 100 people at the same time.... Read More His day of coordinator, Kathi, and bartender Rorhi offered friendly impeccable service and the rest of the staff was just perfect. They made what could have been a stressful day fun and relaxing and again the guests were stunned at the food. The only ones not surprised at the presentation and quality were the ones that had been to weddings catered by Ken before. The crab cakes and ham biscuits were amazing as was the beautiful goat cheese salad, rockfish and vegetarian entrees! All the food was amazing! THANK YOU! We cannot thank them enough.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

My thank you letter to Ken Upton says it all: Dear Ken, I am just waking up from a lovely dream - I dreamed my daughter got married to a wonderful man who absolutely adores her in a breathtakingly beautiful setting, where delicious and perfectly prepared food was served by an... Read More impeccable and professional team - who happens to work for the best - YOU! I am in awe at the efficiency and timing of your team as they served an outstanding dinner to 170 guests - flawlessly. Their attention to detail and to our guests was noticed by all. Guests also remarked on the quality and presentation of the meal. I have never before felt in such capable hands at my own home! I had been thirsty all day and every time I attempted to get some water, it seems that I was interrupted by someone with a question. As soon as the ceremony ended, I was asked by Helen if I would like a glass of wine, which I politely declined. She reappeared in a moment with a glass of sparkling water with a twist of lime, which was beyond refreshing and just what I needed to revive me! Helen proceeded to look after me the entire evening, and I was able to relax knowing that she was capable and completely in charge of all that was happening the rest of the evening. She is amazing! At the end of the evening, I ran to the exit to grab the sparklers and get the lighters ready - thinking that I needed to do this - and I was overjoyed that Helen had the staff there waiting, sparklers in hand, ready to get this group organized for the exit of the newlyweds. I cannot tell you what a relief that was - that I was not responsible for that detail! This wedding was truly unique and incredibly beautiful and I thank you and your staff for helping to make it such an unforgettable evening not only for our family, but our guests as well. It has been a joy to work with you, Ken, and your team of professionals. You are a pro, having worked hard to garner the reputation that you have - being the best in the catering business. How thankful I am that it was your team in charge of this spectacular evening! With warm affection, Renee Wilson the mother of Mrs. Zachary Goldman

AMAZING amazing

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Jennifer B

This caterer is to die for. The food was wonderful and the staff was excellent. I am so happy I chose them. I will definetly be using them again.

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Beth B

Five stars is insufficient to express the invaluable role that Ken and Helen Stewart played in our wedding weekend. They were part caterer, part advisor, and part family. They went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect so we could enjoy our weekend with our... Read More family and friends. The food was better than most I get in the finest DC restaurants, the creativity and thoughtfulness of the menu was incredible, the staff was insanely friendly and accommodating, and the care with which they did everything was unmatched. I would never do an event again without them. And a special note about Helen. She is the perfect combination of organized, directive, and kind. She flawlessly executed our vision and led a large staff while still staying focused on our happiness, health, and overall well-being. After going through this process with her, she definitely feels like family - if only my family had the same fantastic accent. Thank you to Ken, Helen, and the amazing team you have compiled. You made our wedding weekend unforgettable.

Incredibly Helpful

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Shannon K

Ken's Creative Kitchen is a phenomenal service. Ken is a fantastic salesman and really helped us plan the logistics of our wedding from the set up of our venue, when the first dance would happen, and to only give our guests one option (Crab Cakes and Chicken) so we didn't have... Read More too much trouble with invitations. Suzie, our coordinator helped pick our beautiful linens and dishes from Rentals to Remember. She even suggested a navy and white stripe tablecloth based on the theme of our wedding that wasn't even in the book. The initial tasting was delicious, and by the time of the wedding the guests clamored for the crab quesadillas we selected. The guests loved their food and so did my husband and I. The crab cakes were just out of this world. What was better yet is that Ken's Creative Kitchen really ran the show so I didn't need to use a Wedding Planner.

BOOK NOW (and get the crab cakes)

Reviewed on 4/20/2014 Chris J

Recommended by a colleague, these guys NAILED the food. We did butler passed hors d'oeuvres and then stations. The food was simply perfect. Our guests keep raving about the food (even better two couples went to a wedding the following weekend not using Ken's and complained... Read More about the food). The staff were helpful and took care of anyone who needed anything! We'd hire again :)

Wonderful Wedding Day

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Jce C

Ken's Creative Kitchen catered my daughter's wedding in August. He met with us several times to help us plan a reception that would perfectly suit the bridal couple, their families and friends. He helped us develop the menu, the table arrangements and settings. He both worked... Read More with our ideas and made suggestions until everything was perfect. He met us at the site in advance to map out the site of the tent, the outdoor kitchen, dance area, etc. On the wedding day, everything was taken care of. The tables were beautiful, the lighting was perfect, the guests were all at ease. The food from appetizers to desserts were absolutely delicious and perfectly served. Tina was there the entire time to make sure that everything ran smoothly and it did. The attention to detail and the courtesy and discreet professional manner of the servers made sure that every guest felt welcome and appreciated. It was a wonderful day thanks to Ken and his staff.

Amazing food

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Amanda S

I would have given them 5 stars if not for the fact that there was very little communication right before the event. My event coordinator went on vacation the week before my wedding but didn't tell me until I got the out of office auto-responder on her email. And then she never... Read More actually sent the final invoice just a note to bring the final payment to the event. So we didn't even know the final total until 3 days before the wedding after several calls to Ken's with no one answering the phone. Then they'd call back and leave a message for me that someone would be available to answer my questions for another 15 minutes but then they had to leave for an event and I could call again the next day. It just wasn't very good customer service. The day of the wedding they were great and Tina was super helpful. She went out of her way to make the day as perfect as possible and I really appreciated that. It definitely made up for the craziness the week before.

Reviewed on 6/01/2013 Tianlu J

Ken's catered our wedding reception, and I can't say enough good things about them. We continue to hear from our guests about the food. Even more so than the food itself, Ken's staff, particularly Katie, was enormously helpful. The day before the wedding she even worked with me... Read More for about 30 minutes on the phone trying to work some kinks out of the seating arrangement. During the reception itself the staff was consummately professional and everything went off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 Lyndsay G

Ken's Creative Kitchen is DELICIOUS! Working with Katie was a joy and she assisted with the vendor communication in order to make sure everything the day of ran smoothly was so helpful! The food was amazing - I still have guests commenting on how delicious the meal was! Even... Read More visiting for the tasting and their brunch on "The Back Porch" - delicious!

Service was off the charts

Reviewed on 5/24/2012 Jill L

We had all of our guests to a house with a tent out back. Ken's staff not only cooked and served DELICIOUS food, they helped out by guiding guests into the tent, finding the restrooms, managing the event timeline…simply fantastic!! And Ken helped us create a unique and yummy... Read More menu. I would recommend this team for any party big or small.

Second time around, the Best was yet to come

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Susan B

Ken & his staff helped to provide the most memorable evening of my life. We got married on a Yacht on the Chesapeake Bay this summer, with family from all over. The menu choices, quality, preparation & presentation were all top-notch! They were always ready and able... Read More to accomodate any special requests. That said, putiing my confidence in them, I took their advice in using other vendors. The evening was PERFECT, thanks to Ken!

Amazing Service and Staff!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2010 Katie C

Our wedding would not have been the same without Ken's Creative Kitchen's staff and of course Ken himself! Ken is so attentive and has such a talent with attention to detial and perfection. Our guests were greeted at the ceremony site (which was also the location of the... Read More reception) with butler served drinks which everyone LOVED! His staff was on top of everything every step of the way! I was a stressed out mess every time I would speak with Ken or e-mail him and there is just something about how he responds that is so calming! He paints a picture of what your day is going to be like and he nailed it! Thank you so much Ken!

Reviewed on 8/17/2010 Kamarin K

Food was A++++ and service spot on

Deliciously and simply the BEST! 6/25/10

Reviewed on 7/12/2010 Nicole M

Ken's Creative Kitchen made our wedding the perfect day! The way they transformed the venue (The Chesapeake Bay Foundation) in a little under 3 hours was awesome. They think of everything, every last detail was perfect. The food is the best you will ever have at a wedding and my... Read More guests are still talking about it a month later. The servers, and bartenders were top notch you almost didn't even know they were there and I know it was all because of Helen...Thank you Helen, you are amazing! There is no other catering company on the east coast who provides this kind of service and quality. I have been in the service industry for 12 years now and know the Ken and Helen are the best there is. Trust them they really know there stuff and I know our day was perfect because we had them by our side.

simply the best

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Palen R

if you want your guests to leave your wedding with nothing but positive things to say, you need to hire ken's creative kitchen ... simply the best of the best.

Ken Upton

We specialize in making every wedding reception an unforgettable experience - the menu, the linens, the china, the stemware. From start to finish, our staff can assist you with planning your special wedding. Let us use our experience to handle the details so that you can relax and enjoy your day.