Philadelphia, PA

Victorian mansion, contemporary ballroom

Fully restored Victorian mansion with stunning contemporary ballroom for dinner and dancing. Features include: vaulted ceilings, glass skylights, intricately carved woodwork, and a secret wine cellar. Expansive patios lead to lush flowering gardens and a pergola for ceremonies.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

8001 Verree Rd, Philadelphia, PA

Just WOW

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Nicole P

August 1, 2015, my husband and I got married at Knowlton Mansion. We could not be happier! The food was incredible (and we never even had a tasting) the cake turned out exactly as we discussed (which was all over email as I live out of state) and the entire vibe of the event was... Read More smooth, romantic, and incredibly fun! The staff at KM is second to NONE. They were happy, they were attentive, and though it's a job for them, we truly felt as though they were thrilled for us on our special day and worked their butts off to keep everything smooth and comfortable for us and our guests. We used the outdoor arbor area for the ceremony, and then had cocktails and the reception inside the ballroom. We had a large wedding, 180 people! Due to the size, we used the Bronze package, and I was wondering if our guests would be left feeling hungry or dissatisfied. BOY was I wrong in the best way! I can't speak highly enough about this venue, the quality and amazing portions of food, it's staff, and their ability to produce a flawless event. They keep in great contact with you throughout the process, and are willing to work with you on the details of your day. Even though I must admit I found them a little pricey, it is worth EVERY PENNY, you will not be disappointed! Special shout-outs to Lori, Dee, and Chris for the incredible day you helped us put on. We thank you 1000 times over!

Beautiful Venue, Excellent Food and Service

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Meg G

My wedding day was a dream! From the beginning, the experienced staff at Knowlton made the stressful process of planning and helped create my dream day. Thankfully, having a beautiful sunny day, our ceremony occurred outside on the grounds of the venue. The food was excellent... Read More (believe my, I made sure to try it!, and the staff continued to make sure the "program" ran smoothly, coordinating with the DJ and photographers throughout the night. All in all, what a wonderful day. I would recommend Knowlton to anyone!

Amazing December Wedding

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jillian A

My (now) husband and I had looked at dozens of venues before stumbling upon Knowlton Mansion through a message board discussing local venues, and it was the best thing that could have happened to us. After our initial visit, we knew immediately that this was the perfect venue.... Read More Everyone we encountered through Knowlton and Conroy Catering (who owns the venue) were extremely professional, helpful, and accommodating. Lori was our rep throughout the booking process up until the day of. She was readily available to answer any questions and was extremely knowledgeable of not only Knowlton weddings, but any wedding process. We chose a December wedding, which meant that the mansion was decorated with wreaths, garlands, trees, and other holiday decor. It really added to the space and made it that much more special. All of our guests raved about the physical venue and how unique it was. The history of the venue and all of the details throughout the mansion really added an amazing character that you really can't get in a typical wedding hall-type venue. From the catering aspect, we chose the stations option, which was, in my opinion, the best option. Our guests loved having so many options to choose from for their meals and made the night go so much faster in terms of the flow of events. One suggestion: if they have an option for a macaroni and cheese bar during cocktail hour, this is a MUST. Our guests raved about it for days afterwards! Everyone absolutely loved the food options and were amazed at the attentiveness of the entire staff. We also chose a cupcake tier instead of the normal wedding cake, and it was a huge hit. Another suggestion: if they have the cake options for chocolate cake with baileys irish cream icing, it is another must! On the day of the wedding, we had two staff members assigned to us, a maitre de and a coordinator. Our maitre de was Dee, and she did such a great job making sure that we had everything we needed throughout the day. She also was extremely helpful with my grandparents, making sure they were served their meals so they didn't have to get up from their table. It was much appreciated not only by us, but by my entire family. Our coordinator was Jeannie (sorry if that is misspelled!). She was so amazing and accommodating for anything we needed throughout the night. She made sure that everything was taken care of exactly how we planned it. She and Dee were amazing coordinating with our vendors and made our evening absolutely perfect! My husband and I would 100% recommend Knowlton Mansion and Conroy Catering (and to be honest, any venue that Conroy Catering has) for any event that you may have!

2015-02-06T17:40:07 Response from Mallory, the member

I'm so glad to hear your wonderful reviews! I'm getting married there is coming December and can't be more excited. Do you mind if I ask a few questions? How was the flow? Did you have to plan anything with them for that or was... Read Less Read More

Effortless and Perfect

Reviewed on 3/30/2015 Megan C

Thanks to the team at Knowlton Mansion and Conroy Catering my husband and I had the most amazing day we could have ever hoped for. The staff helped us ever step of the way and made everything for us effortless. The mansion was beautiful even with our rainy day and compared to... Read More similar venues we could not beat the price. There are too many good things to say about Knowlton from the atmosphere to the details in the space, but the most amazing part is what a great time everyone who went to our wedding had, but more importantly what a fantastic time my husband and I had. You simply can't do better.

Loved the Mansion!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Emily Ost O

From beginning to end the Knowlton mansion staff was incredibly helpful, the grounds are gorgeous, and the food is great! If you are looking for a venue that has some historical appeal in Philadelphia this place is it. Our families are getting so many compliments on what an... Read More amazing party/venue/dinner event we had. If I had to do it all over again I would definitely choose Knowlton! I would love to be a guest at a wedding at Knowlton so I have time to experience all the food. Especially the dessert! I loved my wedding cake and everyone thought it was delicious!

Christmas Wedding

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Lisa F

Knowlton Mansion was the perfect venue for our wedding. The decor, food, and service was beyond what we expected.

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Amy Z

We had such a great experience with Knowlton. From the time we had our first meeting, through the day of our wedding, everything was perfect.The actual venue space is stunning--they set up candles everywhere, and are really flexible in how you set up the space. You don't need... Read More much decorating because the space is so beautiful on it's own. You have access to the whole building--so guests can explore the mansion and its grounds (they have horses and a gorgeous wine cellar too, which makes for some cool pictures) The venue also does the catering, and this was awesome. We were a bit high maintenance, too, because I have a gluten intolerance. They didn't even bat an eyelash when we asked for all the food to be gluten free---and it was amazing. A ton of guests told us that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Overall, we were super happy we went with Knowlton.

Best Venue in Philadelphia area!

Reviewed on 5/20/2013 Megan J

The Knowlton Mansion is amazing! For starters, it is a beautiful venue. The grounds are gorgeous too which makes for great photos. The staff are courteous, friendly, and professional. They attended to my every need. They made sure myself and the bridal party all got hors... Read More d'oeuvres even though we were taking pictures during cocktail hour. The food was excellent - everyone raved about it! The cake was great too. There is not one bad word I can say about the Knowlton. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose the Knowlton Mansion!

Reviewed on 5/18/2013 kate M

Knowlton is one of those hidden gems in the city- I had lived in the northeast for years and didn't know it existed. It's beautiful and charming in a unique somewhat haunted house sort of way. I know that doesn't sound good, but you have to see the mansion to understand what I... Read More mean. The grounds are absolutely stunning, perfect for our outdoor April wedding. It was just perfect. Highly recommend.

2015-01-09T00:31:32 Response from , the member

did you have the ceremony there? was it noisy being next to a road?

Reviewed on 5/17/2013 Ashley H

Beautiful venue, and the food was awesome. Several people called me after the wedding to tell me it was the best wedding they attended. The event day coordinator, Jeannie, was awesome.

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Christina M

We fell in love with the Knowlton Mansion and was the only venue we visited and booked immediately! They were wonderful in the planning process and were extremelyn accommodating with our requests. Lori Frankel, my coordinator, was awesome! She always answered my MANY emails... Read More quickly and was a great help. The food was UNBELIEVABLE! and the venue is gorgeous and unique. Our day-of coordinator, Alice, was a God-send! She made sure that everything ran smoothly at both the ceremony and reception. She made sure that we tasted each appetizer, our dinner, and I didn't even have to get one drink at the bar b/c she always made sure I had one! She was the one to even bustle my gown! By the end of the night, she personally took care of gathering all of our belongings and made sure we had our cake and other desserts to take home.

Love, love, love!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Elizabeth H

What can I say? The Knowlton was the absolute perfect venue for my wedding. Beyond what I expected. The ambience, the service, the food...there is nothing subpar about this place. The staff there is wonderful and accomodating. I must've emailed our one coordinator, Maria, 1,000... Read More times and always got back a timely response, answering my (sometimes crazy bride) questions) :) The day of our wedding, we had Dan & Dee as our attendants & they were both equally amazing, wonderful people. I felt our wedding ran incredibly smooth because of everyone's hard work. The service was phenomenal & we still have guests talking about the food. Every single appetizer, entree, dessert was amazingly delicious. The prices are a little steep, but in my opinion with everything you get out having your wedding at the Knowlton, you leave there feeling like you got your money's worth & then some. Thank you again for everything, you helped us make our wedding everything we wanted!! I would recommend the Knowlton & any other Conroy Catering company to anyone venue shopping. Amazing! :)

So much character!

Reviewed on 10/12/2012 Christie C

We absolutely loved working with Conroy Catering to plan our wedding at the Knowlton Mansion. They were very professional and accomodating throughout the planning process. The mansion itself has so much character and absolutely beautiful grounds outside. We got rave reviews on... Read More the food choices and service from our guests. Everything was delicious!! The pastry cheif even made a sample of our cake for us to try out ahead of time and he custom made the entire thing to resemble a photo I had seen online. Absolutely the best service and georgous atmosphere at the mansion!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Tricia H

Knowlton made my day PERFECT!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Amanda B

Conroy Catering is a top knotch venue and catering company. Their staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgable, their food was outstanding, and the property was beyond beautiful. We have recieved so many compliements on the venue, the staff, and the food. They made our day... Read More phenomenal and unforgettable!

Great Service

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Stephanie R

Knowlton Mansion was wonderful. I had an event planner up to the day of the event and then a coordinator during the day of my wedding and both were very helpful. I did not have to think about anything because they already had already done it or ask what I wanted.

No regrets!

Reviewed on 2/18/2012 Kristy V

The venue is beautiful and affordable. Exclusively catered by Conroy Catering with excellent service and food. Staff is very willing to work with you and not force you into their package deals. I am very happy with their performance. My only complaint would be that the mansion... Read More is old and has old plumbing and electric. The main banquet room bathrooms and facilities were very nice, but the bathrooms in the historic part of the mansion were backed-up and leaky, so they should probably just close them off to use.

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 12/31/2011 Jennifer A

Reviewed on 11/22/2011 stephanie s

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Dana B

The Knowlton Mansion was all that I could have asked for. They made my day very easy going and everything was decorated perfectly! I was very specific with what I wanted and they were able to handle all of it.

Practically Perfect Evening at Knowlton Mansion

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Janine G

Knowlton Mansion is the perfect combination of vintage charm and modern convenience. We had a beautiful wedding here with about 110 people. The upstairs rooms are lovely for dressing and photography. Although we ended up with a rainy day, I know we would have gotten lovely shots... Read More outside. This venue works well if you have disabled guests. My 94-year-old aunt uses a wheelchair, and she had no difficulty getting in and enjoying the evening. Conroy Catering owns this venue, so you won't be able to choose your caterer. Trust me: you do not need to worry about it. (I'll write a separate review under "Caterer," but you will be very happy.) The only challenge here is that Conroy works on a team-based system, so you don't have one primary contact at the venue. I spoke with several different people in the months leading up to the wedding. All were professional and kind, but I would have felt calmer if I'd had one person help me from start to finish. All in all, I loved the venue and would definitely do our wedding there all over again. Frankly, I'd like to do the wedding all over again just so I could eat another meal there!

Best cake and favors!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Erin T

The most beautiful cake I have ever seen!! And the 3 tierd brownie favors were delicious! I ate 5 myself!

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Amanda B

The expert staff at the Knowlton made everything run smoothly. I was so happy with everything. The food was outstanding. The cake and all of the deserts were exceptional. I loved having access to the whole building. It made for some gorgeous photos. I couldn't have asked... Read More for better.

Mansion of switches and stairs-neither done kindly

Reviewed on 9/12/2011 Kate B

My sister was married at this venue and they were so horrible to her. They changed her contact person monthly over a year long planning process and at the rehersal a new person entirely showed up who knew NOTHING of her plans. They did NOT let us rehearse inside even though... Read More rain was forecast and the Knowlton lady Eileen was soooooo bosy and rude to EVERYONE. They made no effort at all to make the place ADA accessible even though she'd discussed access with them well in advance. Access aside, they made classic venue errors: Forgot the seating plan, changed the contact person, didn't listen about allergy issues and ultimately were rude and unaccomodating. Also, though the outside space looks lovely it neighbors a busy road and the traffic noise is so distracting. Don't use these folks!

My Wedding @ Knowlton

Reviewed on 8/31/2011 Ann N

At first I wasn't positive I wanted to have my wedding at the venue. It wasn't what I had thought I would want for my wedding but it was more amazing than I had imagined. The service was wonderful and the staff was very helpful. They were attentive and answered any questions... Read More that my husband and I had. They went out of the way to work with us. It was forcasted that it might rain on our wedding day so they had a back up plan set up and in place by the time we came to the venue. The wedding was beautiful, the food (Go for the buffet) was FABULOUS and we had the best time! The only thing I did not really like was the rehearsal. They literally lined us up and walked down the aisle once and that was it. It would have been nice if we could have taken our time to rehearse the ceremony instead of feeling like we were being rushed out of rehearsal. Other than that, everyone & everything was wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better location for my wedding.

2015-01-09T00:30:16 Response from , the member

did you end up having the ceremony inside or outside?

TO Knowlton Mansion