La Mer Ensembles

serving New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania

La Mer Ensembles

Since 1988, La Mer has been providing music for weddings of all denominations, cocktail hours and receptions. Our personalized service will ensure that you have the perfect music for your special day! We have a huge library of songs and pieces from classical, pop, folk, etc. Please check it out on our website! We believe that the music is a reflection of the couple so we are willing to play any style you choose. We also have audio samples of other songs that are not in our sample videos. Come on over and see! (Hear!) 😀

Instruments

Cello, Flute, Harp, Keyboard, Piano, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

serving New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania (732) 513-4424

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Morgan B

We hired La Mer Ensembles for our fall ceremony at the Ashford Estate after hearing them at a tasting at the estate and they are a truely exceptional business! We had so many.... interesting requests as my husband and I are nerds and asked for Harry Potter, Legend of Zelda, Game... Read More of Thrones, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings songs and Mayumi was so excited to accommodate said requests! I was relieved at how sweet and excited she was and she was in constant contact letting me know what songs they were able to get and when to play them etc. I walked down the aisle to Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty and everybody kept telling me that the strings version got them all choked up and I was told by several of my guests that it was the best wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music they'd heard at a wedding! I would recommend them for any wedding, anniversary, party etc as they are awesome to work with!

2017-11-12T00:25:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! I am a nerd girl myself - I went to the Philadelphia ComiCon years ago and met and chatted with Adam West RIP and Ernie Hudson; I've even gone to the MST3K Convention! Your requests were a nerd girl dream come true!! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Donna D

I booked La Mer as a trio to play at my daughter’s wedding ceremony and cocktail hour this past Sunday at Holly Hedge Estates. They were absolutely fabulous!!! Mayumi maintained wonderful contact throughout the months leading up to the wedding and didn’t flinch when my daughter... Read More requested some unusual songs to be played. They are incredibly talented and hearing the 90’s grunge songs my daughter requested to be played during the cocktail hour…they were beautiful on the string instruments! I’m sure it was a first for them…imagine Black Hole Sun on strings! Amazing!! They set the perfect tone for the processional and recessional and were lovely to work with all around!!! Thank you so much Mayumi, John, and Phil.

2017-11-01T10:59:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had a blast playing grunge. Black Hole Sun sounded really good on strings! We really do believe that the music is a reflection of the couple so we are definitely open to any style of music. Thank you so much for having... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Kari D

We booked La Mer as a trio to play at our wedding this past Sunday at Holly Hedge Estates and they were absolutely fabulous!!! We requested many unusual songs such as 90’s grunge to be played during the cocktail hour and they were not only completely beautiful on the string... Read More instruments but our friends all loved to hear the familiar tunes reinvented in such a classy and elegant way! People were delighted to recognize old favorites! They set the perfect tone for the processional and recessional as well around the ceremony and were lovely to work with all around!!! Thank you so much Mayumi and all!!!

2017-11-06T22:31:39 Response from the vendor

You're welcome! Loved playing grunge! It was so much fun!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Laura B

We used La Mer Ensembles for our ceremony music. They are very easy to work with, extremely accommodating and play beautiful music. Would definitely recommend them!

2017-04-30T21:23:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We enjoyed playing for your ceremony. Best wishes to you and your new husband! :)

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Rebecca A

We used them for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour in Avalon,NJ last year. Mayumi always responded quickly to emails and phone calls. James and Mayumi played beautiful music that we requested. Our guests really enjoyed it and we were really glad we chose to work with them!

2017-04-11T21:27:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was a pleasure. :)

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Helena E

LME is a very talented group of musicians and was a pleasure to work with leading up to my wedding! They were quick to respond to emails and I found they were collaborative in the planning process. They allowed me to choose all of my ceremony & cocktail hour music, and all our... Read More guests were impressed by the wide variety of classical & current pop music that they heard throughout the evening! I also desperately needed a speaker/sound system for our ceremony, and LME was very accommodating by bringing their sound system so that our efficient, readers, and vows could be heard by all of our guests, albiet outside the typical duty of a string group!

2017-04-11T21:30:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! :)

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Joy S

We recently hired La Mer Ensembles to play at our daughter's wedding ceremony in Central New Jersey. They were wonderful. So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony music was. Our daughter wanted specific pieces to be played and they did so to perfection.... Read More They were professional and accommodating. I highly recommend using them for string instrumentals and would confidently hire them again!

Perfect ceremony and cocktail hour music

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Kelly H

La Mer Ensembles played the music at my wedding ceremony and for the cocktail hour. They were so accommodating and able to play every song we requested. Their music was beautiful and impressive. I highly recommend La Mer Ensembles!