Quality without compromise

Hailed as one of the most important events of your life, your wedding day deserves seamless execution from start to finish. Lancer Catering's talented culinary team and sales consultants will provide a stress-free event whether at the location of your choice or at one of our exclusive venues.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Food + Catering

Twin Cities, MN (612) 227-6281

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Samantha O

OMG, the food was so amazing!!! We were really happy after our trial food run with how everything tasted but was a little bit concerned that scaling up from the tasting to the main event things might not taste as good. We were wrong. Everything was awesome. We got married at... Read More Keller golf course and Lyndsey was so helpful thru the whole process! She had great suggestions, made us feel at ease about the whole day and was very prompt with answers as well. Would definitely recommend the venue, coordinator and catering company for anyone getting married!

2017-02-10T16:25:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! We are thrilled to know you were so happy with the food at your wedding! It is great to hear you enjoyed working with Lyndsey and had enjoyed your wedding day at Keller. Thanks again for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Amber S

We had to use Lancer Catering because our venue only used them which was all well and good since their prices were reasonable and we LOVED the venue so much. There were no real issues leading up to our wedding day but the day of and after, Lancer Catering was the worst! Even if... Read More its your dream wedding location, RUN from Lancer Catering. Our event went horribly and it was 100% Lancer Catering's fault. Our main contact whom we'd been planning with for months left our wedding without telling us and after he left our event fell apart. Food was taken before people were done eating. the catering staff was extremely rude to our guests, the catering staff was overheard saying inappropriate things about shutting the event down, the catering staff was seen drinking wine we provided in their back room while the event was still going on, the power to the DJ got shut off at 10pm and we paid for the space until midnight, the catering staff did nothing to help get the power back on until one of our guests offered them money, the catering staff cussed at and called security on our DJ while he was trying to get the power back on, security came storming in with a DOG, the catering staff closed the bar at 10pm and blamed it on everyone being "wasted" when no one was and they could have cut anyone off that was not acting appropriately. Since our contact who should have been handling these issues left the event, the groom spent his evening trying to handle all of these situations instead of being with me, his bride and all of his guests. Basically it seems like once you give Lancer Catering your money they stop caring. My husband and I have been trying for 3 months to rectify our issues and they are non responsive and unprofessional. We will go up to a month at a time (or more) with no response to multiple emails. We will have planned phone calls and they will not call. Their mission claims they "conduct their business with the highest level of integrity" and "strive for excellence in every area of our business" but I have yet to experience any of that from the staff on the day of the event to the management we have been dealing with since. I will definitely never use Lancer Catering or any facilities they cater again and recommend anyone reading this save themselves the disappointment and find a location that does not use Lancer Catering.

2017-01-31T17:10:15 Response from the vendor

We hope that readers of this review will understand that there are two sides to every story. Here is ours. The most troublesome circumstance of the evening was the overconsumption of alcohol. Multiple individuals were intoxicated and our staff found two bottles of a type... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Stefanie A

We got married at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood and had Lancer Catering. The food was outstanding and our guest are still saying 3 months later how much they enjoyed the food and wine selection at our wedding! We worked with Lyndsey, who was beyond amazing! She was always... Read More there with every question we had, and let me tell you there was a lot. She was quick to respond and she was the reason we picked Keller for our wedding! Can't say enough things about Lyndsey and Keller but I would do my wedding all over again because of her and the venue!!!!

2016-11-28T16:24:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the 5 stars! We are so pleased to know you're still getting compliments about the food months later! Lyndsey really enjoyed helping you plan your big day and answering all of your questions. Thank you again for letting Lancer and Keller... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Megan B

We had Lancer Catering at The Keller Golf Course in Maplewood and the food was absolutely wonderful! All of our guests said they enjoyed the appetizers and meals. And the pizza at the end of the night was a perfect way to keep people energized for dancing! They also were able to... Read More get the food out to our guests in a timely manner so no one had to wait too long. Thank you Lancer for being amazing!

2016-10-28T13:35:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are pleased to know that you and your guests enjoyed all aspects of our catering services. We're glad the late night pizza kept everyone going! Thank you for letting us enjoy your day with you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

We had our wedding and reception at Edinburgh USA gold course catered by Lancer Catering and I can't even describe how fantastic they were the food was amazing, and all of our guest commented on how fantastic and good the food was , the service and flexibility from the staff was... Read More fantastic, i really also enjoyed that they were around asking if everything was ok if we needed anything the catering staff was so helpful on the big day! i have absolutely no complaints at all from the catering service!

2016-10-28T13:30:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We love hearing that you and your guests enjoyed the food at your wedding! We are so glad you were pleased with the staff and service and that we could help ensure everyone was taken care of. We appreciate you letting... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Stefanie B

I had my wedding at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood, MN with Lancer Catering. Everything was outstanding. Lyndsey, the wedding coordinator responsible for the site, went above and beyond, making sure that not only was Keller/Lancer prepared for the day, but that I was as well!... Read More She thought of everything and was really essential in having my day go off without a hitch. Things were very well priced as well (and I looked at over 20 venues!) and all of my guests, my father and husband included said the food was delicious (I agree, of course!). Keller was absolutely the correct choice for my event- excellent location, beautiful surrounding grounds for photos opportunities, and the perfect amount of space for guests to explore and have fun! Thank you so much Lancer, Keller, and Lyndsey!

2016-10-21T08:30:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We love hearing great feedback about our catering, venues, and staff! We appreciate you letting us take part in your special day together. Lyndsey was happy to help so that you could enjoy all the special moments of the day. Thanks again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Mara D

Were were so pleased with Lancer Catering. The staff was very easy to work with, quick to respond and very attentive at our reception to our guests. The food was very delicious and we are still getting compliments on our food weeks after the wedding! We had also left items... Read More behind at the reception, and the staff was great at working with us to make sure we got our items back and were to go to receive them. We could not have asked for better service and definitely recommend to others for their wedding!

2016-09-08T16:21:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review and for letting us cater your wedding! We were happy to assist you on your big day and ensure you received all your items back. We wish you two the best in your future together!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Amanda E

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing our wedding here was!! Lyndsey (Keller Golf Course) made planning easy as can be, our food was A HIT, and the place was beautiful!!!! I would recommend to everyone!

2016-08-26T09:39:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy everyone enjoyed the food. We were glad to be able to make the day special!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Karuna T

After the initial meeting I had with Lyndsey Lyon at Keller Golf Course, I knew I had found the perfect venue for our wedding reception. Lyndsey is so bubbly and just the best to work with. The food and service was also great and several of our guests complimented on it. The... Read More only thing I was disappointed about is how quickly the staff moved appetizers and dessert. I would rather have them be left out so it didn't go to waste. I didn't even get to truly enjoy the dessert because of that reason after I was done speaking to our guests. Otherwise, everything went smoothly.

2016-08-12T16:07:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks for reaching out! We are so glad to hear about the compliments on the food and service at your wedding. We appreciate your feedback and for letting us take part in your big day!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Veronica R

The food is delicious and has wonderful flavor! Very impressive wedding food! We got SO many compliments from our guests saying how delicious the food was. One guest even said that he loved his dinner so much he would eat it everyday if he could! Portion size was a little... Read More smaller than I was expecting, but nevertheless the food was to die for.

2016-07-22T10:20:05 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Rachel C

We booked with Lancer for our wedding at Plymouth Creek Center. We had 4 options for catering and found that Lancer was our best option based on food selection and price point. Lisa was great to work with, extremely helpful and happy to meet the needs of our guests (including... Read More making 1 vegan dish for my MOH). You definitely have to abide by the rules set in place with Lancer as described in their menu and their contract, but they are happy to make things special and specific to each couple and their priorities. The food was great and the service we had at the wedding was spot on. Thanks Lancer!

2016-07-22T10:10:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear the food and service at your wedding was great. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Aleasha E

Our food was fantastic at our reception! We had so many guests who also agreed. Tony and I loved the food Lancer Catering had prepared for us at our food tasting prior to our wedding, but on the day of it was even better! We are so happy with the outcome of everything and we... Read More thank all of the staff at Lancer Catering!!

2016-07-05T11:21:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are glad everyone at the reception enjoyed the food. We were happy to be able to make the day special!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kayleen M

I was very impressed with the food quality that Lancer offered to my husband and me on our wedding day! We received so many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was and how full they were once they were done eating! It made me extremely happy knowing all of my... Read More guests were satisfied with the food options that we chose and the best part about it was that we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to get delicious food! Everything was reasonably priced and since we opted for the buffet option, our guest were able to have seconds if they chose to! I would recommend Lancer Catering to friends and family because I was that impressed with their service and food quality! P.S. Try the pot roast and mashed potatoes! So good.

2016-07-05T11:18:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy to hear everyone enjoyed the food. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Casey S

I wish I could give Lancer half a star instead of a full one. The only reason we were with Lancer is because it was the exclusive vendor for the venue we had chosen. I first contacted Lancer in July of 2015. At that time the lady I called accidentally gave my preferred wedding... Read More date to another couple. Then there was absolutely no communication for months (literally I never heard from anyone at Lancer again until about February of 2016). When I finally got hold of someone I was told I was far behind in all of the scheduling and needed to do a tasting. I set that up and it went well. While at the tasting I asked for an estimated cost for the number of guests I expected. I was told that I would be sent one later. When I finally received it there was a 20% surcharge added to it. 20% !! On an already expensive bill 20% is unreasonable, especially considering we were never told about it (there was one tiny clause in the contract saying that in lieu of taxes a surcharge may be applied - but it did not say how much the charge would be). When we discussed the surcharge with Lancer we were met with resistance and quite frankly with some rudeness (until Lancer realized that we had had literally no communication with them at all). The wedding went well, but during the reception catering staff cleared away champagne bottles that were still half full, water glasses were cleared away right after dinner, and we were not reimbursed for wine that we had paid for but ended up not drinking. Additionally, the food was not as good at the wedding as it was at the tasting (which is understandable when it has to be made in larger quantities). I understand that part of my bad experience was due to an unprofessional employee (who was fired in the middle of my service), but if I could have chosen a different caterer I would. In the end the wedding was great, but things leading up to the wedding were awful, and there were some things that happened at the wedding that really ruined my mood (for instance the caterer got into an argument with my photographer - about what I don't know). I will avoid working with Lancer in the future.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Michelle V

Food was absolutely fantastic! Our coordinator Lisa made sure we had enough meals and that they met our satisfaction. We have received many compliments from our guests. Thank you for making our day so great!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Latasha W

Hired Lance Catering for our wedding at the Keller Golf Course. Food was outstanding, service was amazing and venue was perfect. Received tons of comments and the day could not have been any better. Lyndsey Lyon was a joy to work with, very upfront and honest. She was the reason... Read More for our decision to move forward with Lancer.

2016-05-25T09:25:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are so happy to hear you had a great wedding! We were glad to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Michelle H

We had the best service and food. The service was amazing from the moment we met with Lyndsey! She did an awesome job and our wedding was PERFECT. Oh, the food was out of this world too!

2016-05-25T09:20:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are so glad to hear you had a great wedding. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

We had a great experience with Lancer Catering at Edinburgh USA for our daughter's wedding reception. Cheron was very responsive and easy to work with. We received numerous comments from family and friends indicating that they thought the food was delicious!

2016-05-25T09:21:15 Response from the vendor

Great food! Pleasant staff

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Jill M

Lancer was great. Although the food was pricey, it was worth it. The variety we could choose from was huge, and everything was absolutely delicious. Jackie was our contact and she was very sweet and knowledgeable.

Reviewed on 9/07/2015

Lancer did a great job providing drinks and snacks to guests during our wedding ceremony in the Sunken Garden. The food was great, the staff was well organized and professional. I worked with Mindy to coordinate everything in advance, and she was great - very helpful. I would... Read More recommend Lancer to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Sarah N

2 days before our big day we had forecasts of severe thunderstorms and had to re-do our outside wedding last second to accommodate the impending weather. A friend randomly emailed the Como Observatory and low and behold they had a room open! The bonsai room aka the Ordway Room.... Read More We rushed through the sign up process to get into all of the details. The process was super easy and our contact people were very prompt. Fast forward to our wedding day (based on blind faith) and it was AMAZING! The food was incredible. The servers were so calm, well organized and attentive. Everything was so much better than I expected considering it all happened so last second. It was great. Everybody raved about how much fun they had and how nice it was and how great the food was. We're both so beyond thankful it turned out the way it did!!! Como Park Observatory & Lancer Catering made our made our stressful situation stress-free on the day of and were an absolute joy to do business with!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Maureen M

I would 100% recommend the Como Zoo to anyone getting married! Mindy, who we worked with ahead of time was outstanding, more than flexible and helped guide us through an unknown situation. The night of the wedding, we had a FABULOUS evening! All of our guests did as well. There... Read More was compliment after compliment about the venue and how beautiful everything was; from the ceremony to the reception. Thank you so much to you and the entire Como staff for putting on such an unforgettable event! I am so glad we went with everything that we did. The food, location and staff were all amazing. We even had a penguin!!!

2015-08-24T13:48:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to cater your wedding at the Como Zoo. We’re thrilled your experience was everything you hoped it would be. We will pass along your comments to our Como staff.

Bad Catering at the Woodland Park Zoo

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Emily T

Lancer was the only catering company I could use for the venue that I fell in love with although they caused me a LOT of stress and ultimately weren't that good. My first catering manager was so bad at returning phone calls I had to get the zoo involved. I decided to give her... Read More a second chance and things were going well until she quit 2 months before my wedding. None of the extras she had promised me where anywhere in her records and it took a lot of time to sort out the details with my new coordinator. Things (like the slurpees) that I had been promised were no longer available. I didn't even get to meet my second catering manager and although they got most of the details right for the wedding, I didn't think the food was nearly as good as my tasting and I thought it was quite overpriced for what it ended up being. Definitely not the best part of my wedding!

2015-08-24T13:49:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your business and feedback concerning your experience at the Woodland Park Zoo. We are incredibly disappointed to hear your experience with our former on-site catering manager was less than ideal. We constantly use feedback to ensure we have the best catering professionals... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Stephanie T

We decided to use Lancer as our catering service secondary to selecting a reception facility that required use of Lancer. We didn't think much of it at the time, but in retrospect are extremely thrilled that the site used Lancer. The team we worked with was extremely... Read More professional the whole way through and all the food was delicious. We even has a few guests comment that the food was the best they've ever had at any wedding! We would definitely recommend Lancer to any of our friends or family who are planning an upcoming event that would require food

2015-08-24T13:50:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your big day! We take a lot of pride in the quality of our food and make it a point to constantly impress our clients. Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope we will... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Sandra L

My now-husband and I just got married at the Loveland Aquarium in Utah and had a WONDERFUL experience throughout the whole process! Megan was so amazing to work with from beginning to end. She always responded promptly to any request I had and was happy to give me her honest... Read More advice or answer any small, silly question I had. We did have a few bumps along the way but Lancer Catering was QUICK to fix the issue and honestly take care of us in the best way they could. The wedding day went as smoothly as it could for being raining and a huge accident on the freeway right by the aquarium. Megan made sure that our day went perfectly and her extra efforts did not go unnoticed. We had our wedding on a weekday night and the cost of renting the aquarium space was extremely reasonable. They were also very generous with availability of the space when we needed it. The food (the few bites I was able to eat of it inbetween first dances and photos and cake cutting) was really good. Their menu was extensive for all sorts of event needs. The location is so unique for an event and we loved that the aquarium stayed open only for our guests. There was a time during the evening that there was only a handful of people in the reception room because they were all out enjoying the aquarium. It was perfect for some built-in entertainment for our guests. It is rare to find an aquarium that won't charge you for every little add-on. Lancer Catering was very understanding and up-front about all costs we would be charged. Overall, we are so happy we chose the Loveland Aquarium for our wedding and so lucky we had Megan working with us to make our wedding perfectly ours. I only wish we had had more time for the wedding and reception. The aquarium closes at 6 for all normal guests and they close the exhibits at 9. We had our ceremony scheduled from 5:30-6PM and then reception from 7-10PM. So there isn't much else we could have done, time-wise. It's just a small limitation of the location.

Meet The Director of Catering

Jamie Quickert

As Lancer's Corporate Director of Catering Sales, I lead, mentor and support Lancer's catering sales team in venues across the country. I stand on the principal that a cheerful attitude is contagious, first impressions last forever, and hard work inspires others. My years in Hospitality have given me a love for fast-paced environments, details and deadlines. My experience leading events, recruiting and training volunteers and event staff, and as a supervisor has taught me how to communicate and work with diverse community groups and skill levels.

Start a Conversation!