Quality without compromise

Hailed as one of the most important events of your life, your wedding day deserves seamless execution from start to finish. Lancer Catering's talented culinary team and sales consultants will provide a stress-free event whether at the location of your choice or at one of our exclusive venues.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Food + Catering

Twin Cities, MN (612) 227-6281

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Alyson T

The food was great! They were nothing short of accommodating to our needs, and were present and available all night.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Amber S

Cheron with Lancer catering was the most amazing person to work with. Having never planned a wedding before and trying to understand all that I needed, she was so helpful and accommodating. She always responded very promptly to any emails/calls with questions, concerns, etc.... Read More This food was literally "melt in your mouth" AMAZING! Our guests are still talking about it and it was a definite hit at our wedding. I am so glad I worked with Lancer. It was certainly worth every penny! Thank you, Cheron!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Phillip T

My wife and I just had our reception at Keller Clubhouse in St Paul and we worked with Lyndsey Lyon. She was fantastic to work with and made sure that every day leading up to the wedding we felt supported. We constantly emailed her and she was always so happy to help. The food... Read More was so good (all of our guests raved about the beef). We fell in love with the location and staff during our first tour there! Our day ran smoothly, but we were unable to set up the night before (due to another party being hosted there). We were able to get there at 10AM and staff had set up tables and linens and we were able to jump right into the centerpiece making (the groomsmen did, actually). The only setback we did have was halfway though the engagement, we were told that the menu prices were going up and our quote was going up (quite significantly). We contacted Lyndsey and she discussed a plan with her manager and we were given some credit for lighting. Having her was such a blessing! We highly suggest Keller Golf Course as a venue -for both the beauty and the amazing staff!

2017-08-18T15:09:57 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the 5 stars! Lyndsey was happy to help assist you in planning your wedding day. We are so glad you enjoyed the food and that your guests loved the beef! We were happy to offer in the lighting to help accommodate.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Megan V

We had our wedding at Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, and we worked with Kelly. She was absolutely amazing. She was really thorough and helpful. She even set up our guestbook table for me so that I didn't have to find someone to leave the wedding early to do it. She made things... Read More so stress-free, and I just can't recommend her enough! We also thought the food was really good. We had appetizers during a cocktail hour that were a big hit, and then we served beef and chicken. I got compliments from lots of guests on the food. Lancer partners with Buttercream for the wedding cake, and we ordered a bunch of different flavors of cupcakes from them. They were delicious, as well!

2017-07-20T15:09:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 stars! Kelly was happy to help in any way to make your special day a smooth and flawless. We are so happy you were pleased with the food and that the appetizers were a big hit! Thanks for providing us... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Christine H

Everything was absolutely delicious. Working with Gina was an absolute joy, she made it painless to get everything situated. She was very kind, understanding and friendly, and did an amazing job. Since everything on the wedding day was ahead of schedule she checked with me to... Read More see if I wanted to move the dinner sooner, and dinner was ready in no time and tasted absolutely delightful! I could not have went with a better choice for catering. She even helped me get to my table with my dinner plate when I kept getting stopped by my guests, she made sure I could enjoy dinner and get what I payed for(; thanks Gina!

2017-07-07T11:23:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! Gina was thrilled to help plan and organize your wedding day! It is great to hear such positive feedback about our great catering team. Thank you for letting us cater your special day. We wish you a lifetime... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Amanda M

We had our wedding at the Science Museum of Minnesota, and Lancer is their exclusive caterer. The food was excellent and Caitlyn was really easy to work with. She was very responsive to emails and answered all of our questions very quickly. We really appreciated this because we... Read More are an out-of-town couple. We had our tasting and everything turned out really well and we were able to meet the chef. They were able to accommodate a few different types of food allergies (including gluten, dairy, and nut), which was really great. On the day of our wedding, the food service was quick and the food was warm. We got a lot of compliments from our guests for the food on all 3 dishes we chose (chicken, pork, and vegetarian). The one thing we didn't like is that there is a 19% surcharge on all food and drinks, which is not a gratuity or taxes. We wish Lancer would forgo that surcharge and just work that price into the dishes themselves (i.e. instead of being $25 + 19%, just make the dish $26.09).

2017-07-07T12:50:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the 5 stars! Kaitlin was more than happy to answer your questions. It is very important to us to accommodate all types of food allergies. We love hearing that your guests enjoyed all three dishes! The surcharge is 19% of the overall food... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Diveena V

Our wedding was held at the Science Museum of Minnesota in St. Paul, MN. The venue works with Lancer Catering and Buttercream Bakery. The food was AMAZING! We received many compliments on the food, especially the Naan bread and the Mac N Cheese dish. My husband and I have... Read More different backgrounds (I am Malaysian-Indian and he is American). We wanted a menu that reflected our background. Lancer has an incredibly diverse array of food options from many parts of the world. Kaitlin at Lancer was wonderful and worked with us every step of the way. We ended up with a custom menu served as part of a buffet. Lancer was very accommodating with last minute additions and changes. I was honestly terrified about planning an event this big from a distance (I live in Boston). Kaitlin made it a breeze, I had no stress at all! Our correspondence through e-mails and phone calls worked out great! We received videos, pictures and timely updates along the process. The wedding day catering staff did a great job as well. They took care of everything and we just concentrated on having a blast. I would highly recommend working with Kaitlin Caron and Lancer for your catering needs.

2017-06-06T09:17:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 stars! We are so happy to hear you had a great wedding at the Science Museum and that your guests all enjoyed the food! It is very important to us to offer many different types of food as well as... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Brian H

We got married at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood and were SO HAPPY with how everything turned out! Lyndsey, the manager on site was more than accommodating. She checked in with us regularly before the big day to ensure we were ready and had everything we needed from... Read More Keller/Lancer. The food and service was outstanding! The guests raved about the food and quick service. Not only was the food amazing, but so was the venue! Keller is the most beautiful golf course in the twin cities. It was the only wedding venue we looked at because it was love at first sight! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I highly recommend both Lancer and Keller.

2017-05-17T09:55:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! Lyndsey was happy to help accommodate you in any way and make sure your big day was amazing! We are so pleased to hear that the food and service were great! We appreciate your recommendation and for letting... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Samantha O

OMG, the food was so amazing!!! We were really happy after our trial food run with how everything tasted but was a little bit concerned that scaling up from the tasting to the main event things might not taste as good. We were wrong. Everything was awesome. We got married at... Read More Keller golf course and Lyndsey was so helpful thru the whole process! She had great suggestions, made us feel at ease about the whole day and was very prompt with answers as well. Would definitely recommend the venue, coordinator and catering company for anyone getting married!

2017-02-10T16:25:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! We are thrilled to know you were so happy with the food at your wedding! It is great to hear you enjoyed working with Lyndsey and had enjoyed your wedding day at Keller. Thanks again for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Amber S

We had to use Lancer Catering because our venue only used them which was all well and good since their prices were reasonable and we LOVED the venue so much. There were no real issues leading up to our wedding day but the day of and after, Lancer Catering was the worst! Even if... Read More its your dream wedding location, RUN from Lancer Catering. Our event went horribly and it was 100% Lancer Catering's fault. Our main contact whom we'd been planning with for months left our wedding without telling us and after he left our event fell apart. Food was taken before people were done eating. the catering staff was extremely rude to our guests, the catering staff was overheard saying inappropriate things about shutting the event down, the catering staff was seen drinking wine we provided in their back room while the event was still going on, the power to the DJ got shut off at 10pm and we paid for the space until midnight, the catering staff did nothing to help get the power back on until one of our guests offered them money, the catering staff cussed at and called security on our DJ while he was trying to get the power back on, security came storming in with a DOG, the catering staff closed the bar at 10pm and blamed it on everyone being "wasted" when no one was and they could have cut anyone off that was not acting appropriately. Since our contact who should have been handling these issues left the event, the groom spent his evening trying to handle all of these situations instead of being with me, his bride and all of his guests. Basically it seems like once you give Lancer Catering your money they stop caring. My husband and I have been trying for 3 months to rectify our issues and they are non responsive and unprofessional. We will go up to a month at a time (or more) with no response to multiple emails. We will have planned phone calls and they will not call. Their mission claims they "conduct their business with the highest level of integrity" and "strive for excellence in every area of our business" but I have yet to experience any of that from the staff on the day of the event to the management we have been dealing with since. I will definitely never use Lancer Catering or any facilities they cater again and recommend anyone reading this save themselves the disappointment and find a location that does not use Lancer Catering.

2017-01-31T17:10:15 Response from the vendor

We hope that readers of this review will understand that there are two sides to every story. Here is ours. The most troublesome circumstance of the evening was the overconsumption of alcohol. Multiple individuals were intoxicated and our staff found two bottles of a type... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Stefanie A

We got married at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood and had Lancer Catering. The food was outstanding and our guest are still saying 3 months later how much they enjoyed the food and wine selection at our wedding! We worked with Lyndsey, who was beyond amazing! She was always... Read More there with every question we had, and let me tell you there was a lot. She was quick to respond and she was the reason we picked Keller for our wedding! Can't say enough things about Lyndsey and Keller but I would do my wedding all over again because of her and the venue!!!!

2016-11-28T16:24:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the 5 stars! We are so pleased to know you're still getting compliments about the food months later! Lyndsey really enjoyed helping you plan your big day and answering all of your questions. Thank you again for letting Lancer and Keller... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Megan B

We had Lancer Catering at The Keller Golf Course in Maplewood and the food was absolutely wonderful! All of our guests said they enjoyed the appetizers and meals. And the pizza at the end of the night was a perfect way to keep people energized for dancing! They also were able to... Read More get the food out to our guests in a timely manner so no one had to wait too long. Thank you Lancer for being amazing!

2016-10-28T13:35:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are pleased to know that you and your guests enjoyed all aspects of our catering services. We're glad the late night pizza kept everyone going! Thank you for letting us enjoy your day with you!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

We had our wedding and reception at Edinburgh USA gold course catered by Lancer Catering and I can't even describe how fantastic they were the food was amazing, and all of our guest commented on how fantastic and good the food was , the service and flexibility from the staff was... Read More fantastic, i really also enjoyed that they were around asking if everything was ok if we needed anything the catering staff was so helpful on the big day! i have absolutely no complaints at all from the catering service!

2016-10-28T13:30:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We love hearing that you and your guests enjoyed the food at your wedding! We are so glad you were pleased with the staff and service and that we could help ensure everyone was taken care of. We appreciate you letting... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Stefanie B

I had my wedding at Keller Golf Course in Maplewood, MN with Lancer Catering. Everything was outstanding. Lyndsey, the wedding coordinator responsible for the site, went above and beyond, making sure that not only was Keller/Lancer prepared for the day, but that I was as well!... Read More She thought of everything and was really essential in having my day go off without a hitch. Things were very well priced as well (and I looked at over 20 venues!) and all of my guests, my father and husband included said the food was delicious (I agree, of course!). Keller was absolutely the correct choice for my event- excellent location, beautiful surrounding grounds for photos opportunities, and the perfect amount of space for guests to explore and have fun! Thank you so much Lancer, Keller, and Lyndsey!

2016-10-21T08:30:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We love hearing great feedback about our catering, venues, and staff! We appreciate you letting us take part in your special day together. Lyndsey was happy to help so that you could enjoy all the special moments of the day. Thanks again... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Mara D

Were were so pleased with Lancer Catering. The staff was very easy to work with, quick to respond and very attentive at our reception to our guests. The food was very delicious and we are still getting compliments on our food weeks after the wedding! We had also left items... Read More behind at the reception, and the staff was great at working with us to make sure we got our items back and were to go to receive them. We could not have asked for better service and definitely recommend to others for their wedding!

2016-09-08T16:21:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review and for letting us cater your wedding! We were happy to assist you on your big day and ensure you received all your items back. We wish you two the best in your future together!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Amanda E

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing our wedding here was!! Lyndsey (Keller Golf Course) made planning easy as can be, our food was A HIT, and the place was beautiful!!!! I would recommend to everyone!

2016-08-26T09:39:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy everyone enjoyed the food. We were glad to be able to make the day special!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Karuna T

After the initial meeting I had with Lyndsey Lyon at Keller Golf Course, I knew I had found the perfect venue for our wedding reception. Lyndsey is so bubbly and just the best to work with. The food and service was also great and several of our guests complimented on it. The... Read More only thing I was disappointed about is how quickly the staff moved appetizers and dessert. I would rather have them be left out so it didn't go to waste. I didn't even get to truly enjoy the dessert because of that reason after I was done speaking to our guests. Otherwise, everything went smoothly.

2016-08-12T16:07:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks for reaching out! We are so glad to hear about the compliments on the food and service at your wedding. We appreciate your feedback and for letting us take part in your big day!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Veronica R

The food is delicious and has wonderful flavor! Very impressive wedding food! We got SO many compliments from our guests saying how delicious the food was. One guest even said that he loved his dinner so much he would eat it everyday if he could! Portion size was a little... Read More smaller than I was expecting, but nevertheless the food was to die for.

2016-07-22T10:20:05 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Rachel C

We booked with Lancer for our wedding at Plymouth Creek Center. We had 4 options for catering and found that Lancer was our best option based on food selection and price point. Lisa was great to work with, extremely helpful and happy to meet the needs of our guests (including... Read More making 1 vegan dish for my MOH). You definitely have to abide by the rules set in place with Lancer as described in their menu and their contract, but they are happy to make things special and specific to each couple and their priorities. The food was great and the service we had at the wedding was spot on. Thanks Lancer!

2016-07-22T10:10:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback! We are so happy to hear the food and service at your wedding was great. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Aleasha E

Our food was fantastic at our reception! We had so many guests who also agreed. Tony and I loved the food Lancer Catering had prepared for us at our food tasting prior to our wedding, but on the day of it was even better! We are so happy with the outcome of everything and we... Read More thank all of the staff at Lancer Catering!!

2016-07-05T11:21:01 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are glad everyone at the reception enjoyed the food. We were happy to be able to make the day special!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kayleen M

I was very impressed with the food quality that Lancer offered to my husband and me on our wedding day! We received so many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was and how full they were once they were done eating! It made me extremely happy knowing all of my... Read More guests were satisfied with the food options that we chose and the best part about it was that we didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to get delicious food! Everything was reasonably priced and since we opted for the buffet option, our guest were able to have seconds if they chose to! I would recommend Lancer Catering to friends and family because I was that impressed with their service and food quality! P.S. Try the pot roast and mashed potatoes! So good.

2016-07-05T11:18:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy to hear everyone enjoyed the food. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Casey S

I wish I could give Lancer half a star instead of a full one. The only reason we were with Lancer is because it was the exclusive vendor for the venue we had chosen. I first contacted Lancer in July of 2015. At that time the lady I called accidentally gave my preferred wedding... Read More date to another couple. Then there was absolutely no communication for months (literally I never heard from anyone at Lancer again until about February of 2016). When I finally got hold of someone I was told I was far behind in all of the scheduling and needed to do a tasting. I set that up and it went well. While at the tasting I asked for an estimated cost for the number of guests I expected. I was told that I would be sent one later. When I finally received it there was a 20% surcharge added to it. 20% !! On an already expensive bill 20% is unreasonable, especially considering we were never told about it (there was one tiny clause in the contract saying that in lieu of taxes a surcharge may be applied - but it did not say how much the charge would be). When we discussed the surcharge with Lancer we were met with resistance and quite frankly with some rudeness (until Lancer realized that we had had literally no communication with them at all). The wedding went well, but during the reception catering staff cleared away champagne bottles that were still half full, water glasses were cleared away right after dinner, and we were not reimbursed for wine that we had paid for but ended up not drinking. Additionally, the food was not as good at the wedding as it was at the tasting (which is understandable when it has to be made in larger quantities). I understand that part of my bad experience was due to an unprofessional employee (who was fired in the middle of my service), but if I could have chosen a different caterer I would. In the end the wedding was great, but things leading up to the wedding were awful, and there were some things that happened at the wedding that really ruined my mood (for instance the caterer got into an argument with my photographer - about what I don't know). I will avoid working with Lancer in the future.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Michelle V

Food was absolutely fantastic! Our coordinator Lisa made sure we had enough meals and that they met our satisfaction. We have received many compliments from our guests. Thank you for making our day so great!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Latasha W

Hired Lance Catering for our wedding at the Keller Golf Course. Food was outstanding, service was amazing and venue was perfect. Received tons of comments and the day could not have been any better. Lyndsey Lyon was a joy to work with, very upfront and honest. She was the reason... Read More for our decision to move forward with Lancer.

2016-05-25T09:25:38 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are so happy to hear you had a great wedding! We were glad to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Michelle H

We had the best service and food. The service was amazing from the moment we met with Lyndsey! She did an awesome job and our wedding was PERFECT. Oh, the food was out of this world too!

2016-05-25T09:20:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are so glad to hear you had a great wedding. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your big day!

Meet The Director of Catering

Jamie Quickert

As Lancer's Corporate Director of Catering Sales, I lead, mentor and support Lancer's catering sales team in venues across the country. I stand on the principal that a cheerful attitude is contagious, first impressions last forever, and hard work inspires others. My years in Hospitality have given me a love for fast-paced environments, details and deadlines. My experience leading events, recruiting and training volunteers and event staff, and as a supervisor has taught me how to communicate and work with diverse community groups and skill levels.