We hired Lavender Crown Events for the day of coordination services with Michelle and an assistant, we hired her because we wanted to make sure our day was taken care of and she had great reviews. First off, I want to say that leading up to th...
e wedding, Michelle was great and made me feel comfortable with her taking over our day. She was organized in communicating with vendors for me, brought a binder with everything printed out during our walk-through and knew her stuff. I want to preface this review by saying that maybe I wasn’t as communicative as I should have been leading up to the wedding, but I sort of had expectations from other weddings I had been to. I also want to say that I did not see all of this, so some of it is secondhand information from guests. I am going to start with the piece that still makes me a little upset to think about:
1. Our wedding was to start at 3 pm and when Michelle sent out the timeline to a few months before the wedding, the ceremony was listed at 3:30 pm. I asked her about it and she said she always put 30 minutes after start time on the invitation to give a buffer. I sort of understood that and figured she was the professional. I asked again to make absolutely sure she knew the ceremony was to start at 3 pm. I understand a buffer, but when a buffer is not needed, the ceremony should start at the time that is on the invitation. My sister found Michelle to ask and she told my sister that we would gather at the designated area at 3:15. I was STRESSED because that was 15 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to start. We made our way to the gathering area and 3 pm rolled around and all guests were seated, and all the wedding party was gathered and waiting. My sister found her again and Michelle said she’d meet us at 3:30 and my sister told her she needed to come now. There was zero reason to start 30 minutes late. Our poor guests waiting at the ceremony for 30 minutes!
2. I did not see Michelle basically my entire wedding day, except for processional line up. I thought she would be following us or checking to make sure the timeline was followed and we were taken care of.
3. I do not know where she or her assistant was when we were taking photos, and our photographers needed help gathering people. Again, I didn’t specify this with her before the wedding, but I figured it was something that would occur. A guest was the one who was telling the DJ what to announce to get people over to the photo area. We lost even more time during cocktail hour because of this.
4. 15 minutes before we had to line up for the ceremony, our bartender came to find me and asked where the cups were, I don’t think he could find Michelle. We were supposed to have 2 glasses per place setting, which I think Michelle hadn’t done yet. My sister said, this is what she was still doing 15 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to have started.
5. She told the DJ to announce that a shuttle would be leaving over an hour before the reception was to end. The shuttle had just come back to wait before pick-up. My wedding, which I had planned for months and paid a lot of money for, was being announced as over way too early. A couple of my bridesmaids found her and asked her not to announce yet and they told me that she asked THEM to go tell the DJ! That is not anyone’s job but hers or her assistants in my opinion.
6. My family had to help my cousin (dessert vendor) set up desserts because she couldn't find Michelle.