Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

900 S Ave , Staten Island , NY Serving New York & New Jersey (718) 698-9049

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Christa D

There are not enough words to describe the Lavish Occassions team! From the second I got engaged I knew that I would be hiring a day of coordinator. Not because I needed “help” per say but because I needed to know that I had people around who could do the things that I... Read More couldn’t. Hiring Marissa was my wedding gift to myself. I’d love to say that my day went off without a hitch but it didn’t. Thank God Marissa and her girls were there to help me navigate a red wine spill on my gown and a rip under my wedding gown (which Marissa literally fixed by sliding across the floor in her knees with safety pins in hand haha). I can never thank them enough!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Latisha C

Lavish Occasions summed up in one word would be REMARKABLE. I was really impressed by Ms. Marissa. I needed her to take over and create the wedding of my dreams and she has delivered. From the flowers to the DJ to the Videographer to the Wedding party and the invitations and... Read More everything else in between. On the Day of My wedding she was there every single step of the way!! Not only did she meet my expectations but my Husband's expectation as well. Aiming to please she showed how much she valued our business. We did great business together and developed a friendship from it. Lavish Occasions is #1 in my book always. so If any of you who is reading this need a great planner...Lavish Occasion is a fantastic option...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Marie M

Lavish Occasions is the best of the best. Marissa and her team are what any bride and groom need to help make their day the best day of their lives! Our wedding ceremony was on November 10, 2017 at St. Teresa’s Church in Staten Island, New York, followed by our reception at The... Read More Grove in Cedargrove, New Jersey. Being a full time teacher, it is hard to find the time to balance wedding planning, and teaching as it is with any job! With Marissa, the days leading up to our wedding and our wedding day went as smooth as ever. Marissa and her team made sure all my concerns were addressed and didn’t allow me to worry about the minor things 99% of brides worry about. My husband and the groomsmen raved about the Lavish team! My husband kept telling me how professional and helpful the lavish team was with him getting ready in the morning. Everyone was impressed by their professionalism. I would highly recommend Marissa and the lavish occasion team for your wedding! Every bride dreams of this day and you should be able to enjoy it, having Marissa and her team will allow you to do just that!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Christina P

Marissa and her team are a MUST HAVE for your wedding planning and the day of. She will help you with absolutely everything and is always available to answer a question. The day of my wedding was perfect and I thank Marissa and her assistants for that. I did not have to stress... Read More or think about anything because it was already being handled!! Marissa feels like she is part of the family. She handles it all!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 susan h

Lavish Occasions is a necessity for your wedding day and beyond. They are as important as what dress you are going to wear. Before the day of the wedding Marissa made you feel like you were the only bride and groom she was working with. I don't know how she did it. On the day,... Read More they were everywhere you needed to be. Got you everything you needed. And did it all on a 95° day, outside ceremony, in June. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jaclyn C

My husband and I just recently got married on June 24, 2017 at St. Ignatius of Loyola in Manhattan with our reception at the brand new Park Chateau in East Brunswick, NJ. I had very clear visions of what I wanted our wedding day to look like, as many brides may also understand,... Read More but I also knew that a lot of coordination and moving around geographically would go into our wedding day. Lavish Occasions was recommended to us by close family friends. Marissa was a wonderful listener and totally understood our vision and instead of pushing her own agenda, she gave us professional tips that we wouldn't have realized we were missing that enhanced our wedding day. She is a complete professional in every sense of the word, and it was an absolute pleasure to work not only with her but her amazing team of coordinators. We had 320 guests at our wedding, 3 shuttles moving our guests from Staten Island and Westchester to the city for our church ceremony and then ultimately to The Park Chateau in East Brunswick New Jersey for our amazing reception. In addition, we had to coordinate with the church, venue, and five other vendors (hair and makeup, florist, event design, limousines & shuttles and the band). If we didn't have Marissa and the Lavish team on our side, we wouldn't have enjoyed the stress-free wedding day that we had as much as we did. People always say that you don't get to enjoy your own wedding because you are so busy worrying about all of the details and making sure it runs smoothly, this was not the case with Lavish as your day-of coordinator. They take on all of the stress so that you and your husband can truly enjoy your wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Justine C

I had my wedding on July 1, 2017. My ceremony was at my parish church and the reception was at the Park Chateau. Marissa and her team were exactly what I dreamt of for wedding coordination and more ! Throughout the planning process, Marissa was always available to answer... Read More questions, give advice, and she recommended great vendors as well ! My husband, family, and I were able to fully enjoy the day of my wedding because of Marissa and her great team ! Hiring Lavish Occasions made all the difference in the world on my special day ! I couldn't be happier or more grateful for all their hard work and dedication.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Kasuni N

What can I say about Marissa? From the very beginning I could tell that there was something special about Marissa that set her apart from other wedding planners. First of all if you are a "Staten Island bride" she is the most convenient in my opinion. She has two offices so it... Read More is very easy to get to versus a wedding planner in Brooklyn, New Jersey, or Manhattan and you don't have to pay any tolls either! Second of all, from the moment I stepped in until today, I felt much more than a client. I would say that Marissa has become more of a friend. I had so many personal issues I was dealing with at the time especially with family members and Marissa talked me through everything. She even gave me advice on how to speak to certain members of our families! She worked with our budget and gave us a wedding program that we needed instead of overwhelming us with unnecessary things. She was honest and gave us many opinions about vendors and venues. She also saved us when we ran into a few problems before our wedding day! We didn't have any flower girl dresses a week before the wedding because our Etsy shipment fell through. Marissa immediately sent me a list of stores I could contact and I ended up finding beautiful flower girl dresses four days before the wedding at a fraction of the cost that you would usually pay! As sweet as she is, Marissa was also great at dealing with my groomsmen many of whom are cops and that was not an easy feat! And her assistant planners were excellent! She helped me plan my rehearsal, her assistant ran my rehearsal, she provided my bridesmaids with cute wedding itineraries, steamed my veil and dress, and ran my entire wedding day from 5am to midnight! And it was not easy! Our wedding happened to fall on the hottest weekend of the year, it was literally a heat wave and yet my event went impeccably! When we had two strangers unexpectedly show up to our wedding, Marissa was on top of it and I never once felt stressed or worried. Marissa also made me feel better about the weather even though it rained throughout my wedding weekend! I swear she is magic when it comes to weather! Even though it rained on my wedding day, there was not a single moment where the rain impeded on our wedding ceremony, photoshoot, or reception. Even after the wedding was over, Marissa helped me out when I was dealing with a difficult issue with my videographer! Thank you so much Marissa for dealing with our crazy family and our crazy bridal party! We truly appreciate all your hard work and dedication to our wedding. We truly felt so much more than just clients! You and your company was well worth every penny we paid, in fact I would say you were on of the most important vendors! Without you our wedding day would not have gone so smoothly. Instead we had the best day of our lives! To any future NY brides..hire Marissa...she is professional, honest, and so sweet! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Nancy S

When my mom and I first met Marissa, I was 3 months away from my wedding day with no clue of what a Day of Coordinator could do for me. All my vendors were in place and I was hoping to find someone who would simply steam my wedding dress after a long ride to the ceremony. Well,... Read More Marissa blew that task out of the water and helped me with so many details, and some big obstacles, that never crossed my mind! We instantly clicked and she immediately knew and understood my attention to details. Marissa and her team were there to answer every text, email, phone call, within the blink of an eye. It was such a peace of mind just having someone to bounce ideas off of and share her experiences and endless advice. I woke up on my wedding day without a single ounce of stress because of Marissa. Her and her team took charge, settled some big fires without disturbing and worrying me, always had a tissue on hand (a simple thing I overlooked!), and just ran a seamless event. She always told us her goal was to make us a guest at the wedding and she absolutely succeeded. I am so beyond grateful that I hired Lavish Occasions, nonetheless to just simply have met Marissa, an inspirational, empowering woman who is a leader in the industry.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Gina M

I wasn't sure what to expect when looking into Day of Coordination. I knew so many of my cousins and friends who had gorgeous weddings without one but when a good friend of mine said it was something I needed, I met with Lavish Occasions. Marissa was by far the nicest person I... Read More met through the entire engagement. I felt like I was meeting with a friend and not just a vendor. She was not judgmental, offering the best advice and ideas. and most importantly, made my day perfect. When I first met with her, my fiance was unsure and she was honest--saying that beautiful weddings do happen all the time without a coordinator. I felt that was so sincere and I trusted her on the spot. When it came to the two months before, I had so many questions, all answered promptly by Marissa. We pulled together a tight schedule for the day, organized all that needed to be done and then she confirmed all of the little details the week before. I consider myself a very detail oriented and organized person. but that was even more of a reason to have someone on my side on the day of. Because I'm crazy. The little things like organizing the hair and makeup in the morning, pulling family members for portraits, and then there were the "saves". The tuxedo issues like the men who forgot their tie, had the wrong shoes and needed a button sewed. Yes all three happened and were saved by her team. Then there was the hollywood tape needed on every.single.bridesmaid. Do bridesmaid dresses ever work out? Finally, my favorite, getting me bustled, when it broke! Anyway, I cant say thank you enough to her and really hope everyone considers a day of coordinator, It was the best money we spent on our whole wedding!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Michelle L

I know that it has been said many times but THIS was the BEST money spent. I can remember a time when my venue told me I didn't need a day of planner. I am so glad that I didn't listen. Hiring Marissa and her team was the best decision I made in the whole process. Not even a... Read More close second. Everything was perfect and the money I spent for peace of mind was nothing in compared to money I spent everywhere else. While my planner at the venue was right in a way (everything was taken care of at the venue), most of what Marissa and her team handled was done before the day and then on the day in the morning/afternoon. The venue couldn't have organized my morning with hair and makeup, handled transportation and the ceremony at church. Wasnt present for photo sessions outside of their venue. I never once asked about time, never once worried if something was or wasn't happening and I felt like (as Marissa said) a guest at my wedding. Not working it. Hiring a Day of planner is the best decision a bride can make and having Lavish Occasions was the best decision I and my fiance made.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Emily T

When we sit back and reflect on all of the wonderful people we met during our wedding planning experience, Marissa and her team at Lavish Occasions is at the top of our list. Their professionalism and dedication to our wedding day was apparent every step of the way. Lavish... Read More Occasions was recommended to us by a very dear friend who had used them for her own wedding 5 years ago and was still raving about her amazing experience. From the moment we began to meet with Marissa, my wedding planning jitters were eased. She gave us advice and suggestions that only a person with her professional experience and expertise would have. Marissa ensured that our entire planning process flowed as smoothly as possible. We enjoyed working with her so much that we even purchased our invitations through her company, and of course our invitations were stunning and the process was a breeze ! When our BIG day finally arrived, Marissa and her team did not miss a beat. They were ready and prepared for any possible situation (like a flower girl getting chocolate on her dress BEFORE the ceremony). As our night went on my husband and I had not a care in the world because of the wonderful team we had behind us. Words are not enough to thank this amazing group of people who helped make our dream wedding a reality! My only wish is that we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Celia M

Lavish Occasions was by far the best decision we made for our wedding! A very good girlfriend (and my bridesmaid) referred them, after she saw them in action at 2 weddings prior. I was planning a wedding across the country and needed someone somewhat near the wedding location to... Read More assist and guide me until the day of the 150 guest 'big day'. Marissa and her team were so on top of things and easy to communicate and it showed on the day of. From the beginning Marissa was always honest, gave great advice, and followed through on everything and within a timely manner. Her and her team took a lot of the stress away and made sure things were taken care of and we were kept on schedule. It was over a 12 hour day from start to finish and they were such troopers. The only regret I do have is that I wish we used her as the wedding planner throughout the whole wedding planning process and not just as the day of coordinator. Though, using her as the day of coordinator was so helpful (went above and beyond our expectations), we only imagine if we used her from the beginning and not just during the planning process. At first I was second guessing if I should hire a Wedding Planner/Coordinator because of the extra expense but it was well worth every penny. I without a doubt recommend Lavish Occasions!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Christina C

Of all the decisions that I had to make in planning my wedding, the absolute best and most important decision I made was to hire Marissa and her team at Lavish Occasions to help plan my wedding. I think a lot of people have the opinion that wedding planners or day of... Read More coordinators are for people who have money to spare. It's actually quite the opposite. Marissa SAVED me so much money through her recommendations and referrals. I actually wouldn't have been able to have my wedding at the location that I did if it weren't for Marissa's negotiation to lower the guaranteed headcount. From that moment on, I knew I didn't have to worry about my wedding planning because whenever I was stressed out or needed an opinion, Marissa and her team were there with a calm and helpful response. I really can't say enough about how great they were. On my actually wedding day I felt completely relaxed because the Lavish ladies had everything prepared and organized for me. My wedding day went as perfect as I could have hoped for and I thank Marissa and her team at Lavish Occasions for making it possible! You girls are the best!

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Jenna S

There are no words to describe how amazing Marissa and the Lavish Occasions team is! Hiring Lavish Occasions for Day of Coordination was the BEST decision my husband and I made while planning our wedding. From our very first meeting with Marissa we knew she and her team would... Read More help make our wedding day perfect, and we weren’t disappointed. Marissa is not only an expert in her business, but she also has a way of making her clients feel extremely comfortable and is a pleasure to work with. Throughout planning, Marissa was always available, wether it was to help us make last minute decisions, provide vendors or unique ceremony/reception ideas, or to solve any rising problems. She attended our rehearsal dinner and worked around the clock in the days leading up to our wedding day, adding her little touches to make the day extra special. While we were already impressed with Lavish Occasions, their service on the day of the wedding was the icing on the cake. Marissa and her team were with us from the very beginning and long past the end. They over looked hair and make up appointments, floral deliveries, photographer arrivals and timelines, limo service, and venue set up. They even made sure my husband and I were eating throughout the reception! Lavish Occasions stayed long after the reception was over and guests were gone to “break down” the venue and organize anything that had to come home with us. They ensured that everything was as wished and helped our day run smooth. My mom even commented about how much more relaxing our morning/day was compared to the morning my sister got married. Lavish Occasions allowed my husband and I to be guests at our own wedding. We experienced everything, enjoyed everything, and didn’t have any “behind the scenes” distractions that may have taken away from our special night. Lavish Occasions handled everything, and I couldn’t imagine our day without them. I highly recommend Lavish Occasions, and hope to work with them again in the future.

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 tara b

If you're thinking about hiring a Day of Coordinator, stop right now and call Lavish Occasions. What an amazing team of professional, talented, hardworking people that make your big day go as smooth as possible. The owner, Marissa, is an absolute dream to work with. You can tell... Read More right away she knows exactly what she's doing and that you're in great capable hands. She is extremely knowledgable about the business and her expertise is INVALUABLE. I also purchased my invitations through Marissa and they turned out beautiful. She helped to make my wedding day what it was- PERFECT. thank you thank you! Add that with her amazing team, you're guaranteed to have a great day. Thank god they were there- I had a few wardrobe mishaps (the stuff of nightmares for brides) and Marissa and her team fixed it as it it was no biggie. I'm talking about tripping on tulle and bead work falling out. They whipped out their tools and made it so the problems were fixed. They are your go to girls. The little things that you would send your mom or MOH off to do, they are there to help with so everyone can enjoy the day and focus on having a good time. Christine was a great help especially at my grooms house as they were getting ready- my MIL raved about her ! They also help to make sure your day runs smoothly and all your vendors are doing their job. They're on top of you for your time table ( I was ten minutes EARLY to my church) making sure you get everything you want out of the day, and overall an amazing support system that is worth it's wait in gold on such a momentous day. They were one of the best parts of my wedding and I would recommend Marissa and her talented team to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Jessica H

Marissa and her team made my wedding like a DREAM WEDDING!!!! Everything was PERFECT!!! From the moment I booked Marissa, she was the so sweet and covered every little detail. It's just like having Jennifer Lopez from the wedding planner movie! Marissa and her team was... Read More Amazing!!! I highly recommend Her!!! When things weren't going as planned, Marissa and her team made the impossible possible! dont plan your wedding without Marissa, all my guests said how amazing she is and how my wedding was the most beautiful wedding that they've ever been to!! I have to agree!!! Lavish occasions is top-notch! She planned my Brothers wedding too and I just knew I had to hire her!!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Jency J

Marissa and her team are absolutely wonderful! I am so glad I chose to hire a day of coordinator. At first I thought I could do it all myself, but the peace of mind that comes with having someone like Marissa and her team by your side on your wedding day is priceless. I met with... Read More Marissa many times before the wedding, she was always available via e-mail, call or text. She was so kind and great with everything. She really loves her job and knows what she is doing. She offered her great advice and opinions of which I am grateful for. She came back from her vacation early for my rehearsal dinner and wedding, which meant the world to me! Everyone loved her, she was so personable and friendly and handled my big, crazy, opinionated family so well! Her whole team was so professional and kind, it was refreshing. Couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Marissa made me the calmest bride ever!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Nicole C

Despite an all day rainstorm seriously changing some of our most key wedding day plans, I remained a calm and happy bride throughout the day due to Marissa's services. She went above and beyond to make us happy and I highly recommend her.

Absolutely wonderful !

Reviewed on 4/28/2015 kristin P

Words can't even express how amazing Marissa and her staff was on the day of my wedding. They were right there to help me and advise me in every situation or problem that may have occurred. Marissa is very knowledgeable and trustworthy. I valued her guidance and advice. Her... Read More staff and herself was there during preparation and my decisions. She is such a pleasure to work with she ensured everything would run perfectly and it definitely did.I don't know what I would have done without out, because of her I had the most memorable and enjoyable wedding. I was able to enjoy every minute of my wedding. I would highly recommend her!!!!!

If you want a stress free wedding day...

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Lisa M

My husband and I never thought to use a wedding planner. We are both very organized and detail oriented. We were introduced to Marissa at a Bridal showcase that was held at our wedding venue. Lavish Occasions is a preferred professional so we decided to check them out because we... Read More have great trust the venue owners. We ended up hiring Marissa and her team to be our day-of wedding coordinators. IT WAS THE BEST DECISION THAT WE MADE!! From the first meeting I knew that Marissa was truly committed to making our day special. Marissa is very professional, friendly and very, very knowledgeable. She helped us with many steps along the way. Save the Dates, Invitations, favors, wedding programs etc. She was always there to answer any and all of our questions. I tend to get stressed out because I can be controlling but it was very easy to trust Marissa. Words can’t express how happy and grateful I am that we had Marissa and her team. They were with me and my husband from the start of our day and even attended our rehearsal. I especially loved that Marissa created little scrolls for our bridal party detailing the wedding day’s activities and times. Marissa’s team came to the salon to make sure things moved along, picked up the breakfast for our bridal party, coordinated all the vendors and kept them on track throughout the day and everything in between. I can honestly say that we did not stress out one bit. I highly recommend Lavish Occasions for your big event!!

Words cannot express...

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Lauren S

Hiring Marissa and Lavish Occasions was the best decision I made early on in the wedding planning process. Marissa was there from day 1 - joining my husband and me at our appointments with venues and other vendors – all the way through to the end of the night at our after... Read More party. Marissa ensured that every possible detail was handled perfectly. She is extremely professional, a pleasure to work with, and truly puts brides at ease. Her experience and knowledge in the wedding planning business are invaluable. She knows all the tips and tricks to making your special day PERFECT and unique. I really do not know what I would have done without her (probably would have gone crazy). She was with us every step of the way and having her and her staff on the day of was literally the icing on the cake. I didn’t have to worry or stress about a single thing because I know she had everything covered. I was actually able to enjoy my wedding day which I know many brides can’t say the same. She recommended the best vendors (in our price range of course) and helped us to make key decisions. Marissa is a wonderful and talented person, who truly becomes a bride’s best friend. I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride who wants to be at ease on the big day. Wish I could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 denise l

After getting engaged, I immediately contacted Marissa with tons of questions about banquet halls, florists and invitations amongst many other things. Not only was she extremely helpful, but she was also a pleasure to work with. Her professionalism and expertise helped to put me... Read More at ease and made my wedding planning experience much less stressful. I highly recommend using Lavish Occasions!

Best Decision I Made, Other Than Choosing My Husband

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Marlo L

I cannot say enough amazing things about Marissa and her team. I am an incredibly type-A person, with binders and tabs for everything in my life, so you can imagine how I was with my wedding, and when I was in the market for a day of coordinator I knew I needed someone as... Read More detail oriented as me. Marissa met and exceeded that mark. We hired her on the spot, after she showed us the level of care, planning and precision she puts into each client. And she was so so much more than a day of coordinator for me. Our wedding had an incredible amount of drama, from programs and rehearsal invites being lost and never getting to us, to relatives who made it their mission to stress me to the breaking point, and Marissa was there every step of the way. Even the week of when I just needed to call and vent for 30 minutes, she was there (and, mind you, she is the recent mother of twins no less!). I had an exhaustive list of things I wanted her and her team to make sure was taken care of on the day of, from lining the pathway to the venue with candles, to escorting guests to the venue itself with signs, to making sure the curtains at the venue itself were tied properly. She and her team delivered on all counts. And when I was beyond stressed and some of the antics that occurred on the day, and when my family and the grooms family decided to come to me at multiple points complaining about one thing or another, she and her team swooped in and isolated me from the crazy as best they could. In addition, Marissa had a team member with my husband the whole time too, making sure he and the guys were doing OK (I am sure the mush less stressful group!). Hiring Marissa was absolutely one of the best decisions, maybe the best decision, I made for my wedding. She is on top of her sh*t, insanely responsive, organized, no-nonsense, and exactly what every bride needs in her life. I could not recommend her more. She was incredible in all respects.

Wedding day must have!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 alexis r

My cousin, who got married a couple of years before I did, highly recommended hiring Marissa and her team for my wedding day. My fiancé and I met with her for a consultation and we immediately connected. It was as if we had known each other forever, the conversation just flowed.... Read More Needless, to say we made sure we booked her before we walked out the door. When you decide to work with Marissa, you can have unlimited meetings to discuss plans and possibilities for your Big Day. I found it more convenient to e-mail or text but it was nice to know we could site face to face if I needed to. Marissa never made us feel as though she was negatively judging our vision of our wedding day. This was a breath of fresh air because once you start planning a wedding you hear a lot of what you should or shouldn’t be doing which quickly becomes exhausting. The days leading up to the wedding Marissa contacted all of the vendors and confirmed their responsibilities and times. At the rehearsal, Marissa paid close attention to details and made subtle suggestions that were truly appreciated. My bridesmaids each had a timeline of events for the wedding day which were hand made by Marissa. On the wedding day, I was a bundle of nerves until Marissa met me at the hair salon. Her calm and cool presence immediately put me at ease and I knew I was in good hands. Marissa and her team moved things along while we finished getting ready at the house. They were truly a part of our family that day and will always be thought of with loving thoughts and memories. We highly recommend Lavish Occasions to help plan your wedding, you won’t be disappointed.