Lord Thompson Manor

Thompson, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Manor Grounds. Lord Thompson Manor sits on 40 acres of grounds designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, the father of American landscape architecture. An outdoor wedding Ceremony on the estate, however grand or intimate, will be as solemn as nature and the estate’s regal gentility can make it. Up to 220 guests can be accommodated indoors or outdoors. The manicured grounds of the Manor and Charming gardens and grass areas also provide postcard-worthy moments for the bride and the groom.

The Manor. After the wedding ceremony, couples have their reception indoors and outdoors at the Manor, where celebrated chefs from the James Beard Foundation will prepare a culinary repast worthy of the equally distinguished world-class facility. 220 guests can be accommodated in The Manor. Weddings at Lord Thompson Manor are unhurried weekend affairs that start on the day of the rehearsal dinner, continue on to the day of the wedding, After-Party and ends with Sunday Breakfast or Brunch.

The Cottage House. The Cottage House has seven guest rooms for the wedding party and guests, located on the historic Thompson Green, half a mile away from the Manor. Each cottage is a study in simplicity and charm, with a fresh palette of whites and creams, designed to complement the calm and comfortable surroundings.

Lord Thompson Manor can customize a menu to fit whatever theme. Weekend wedding packages feature the use of the manor for the weekend, chairs and tables, china, flatware, glassware, decor, cake-cutting services, linens, food service and accommodations, based on the couple's list. All cuisine styles may be accommodated, and arrangements can be made for any special food service needs.

There is an In-House Wedding planner who will help the Wedding couple plan and coordinate all the details leading up to and through their Wedding weekend, including coordinating with outside vendors for music, Photography, and other planning needs.

Lord Thompson Manor has a Wedding Couples section on its website, as an exclusive, resource where couples can coordinate, plan and coordinate the progress of their weekend and other arrangements.

Guests staying at for the weekend can participate in the following:

• Spa services
  • Billiard Room
  • Outdoor games on the Manor grounds

Private Destination Weekend Wedding Facility

The private elegance of the Manor and its expansive grounds is the perfect setting for your weekend wedding activities from the Rehearsal Dinner through Farewell Brunch. The Manor is centrally located to New York, Boston and Hartford.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Estate, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

286 Thompson Hill Rd., Route 200, Thompson, CT (860) 923-3886

Most amazing day of our life thanks to Lord Thompson and their staff

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Taryn C

It's been almost 3 weeks since our wedding and we still haven't fully processed just how amazing Lord Thompson and their staff was. Every time we think about the weekend, we remember new details of how great they were. Jackie did our flowers and decor and she just knocked... Read More it out of the park- my flowers were exactly what I wanted, she goes to such an extreme with the details its amazing (an example of this- they spent time "blowing out" some of the flowers to make them look more open and larger since I really liked a variety of bloom sizes, I had never even heard of this!) She put so much thought into every detail and it truly made the day infinitely more special (she bought a canvas LOVE print to display at the wedding that reminded her of my invitation and then let me keep it after the wedding!). Andrew handles the finances and also ran our scotch and cigar bar which was a HUGE hit. He was wonderful to work with and made sure we felt comfortable with every expense. Chef Mike is so talented, the food he created for our menu was unbelievable. Unlike other venues, LTM encouraged you to customize the dining experience with food you love and Mike will make it better than you ever imagined. Kate, the host at the Cottage House (their sister property where my bridesmaids and I stayed and got ready) was so wonderful and helped coordinate every detail to make our stay easy and enjoyable. Ted, the host at the Manor was unreal- he constantly checked in with us throughout the night and made sure everything we wanted was taken care of. He even sang to me as we were headed to the ceremony to help relieve any pre-ceremony jitters. The only bad part of the weekend was leaving, we were so sad it was over and didn't want to say bye to the wonderful staff. We truly hope friends of ours use Lord Thompson Manor for their weddings in the future so we can continue to come back to this magical place again and again.

Experience of a Lifetime

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Taylor P

I could write for days on how wonderful our wedding was at the LTM. They did everything above and beyond our expectations, and there was nothing I would have changed. Jackie, Andrew, Ted, Kate, Danielle, Chef Mike and staff are truly the most professional, talented, remarkable... Read More people I have ever worked with. I will be recommending Lord Thompson Manor to every bride I know!! I think I have heard back from almost every wedding guest thanking us for the best wedding they have ever been to. My only wish is that we could do it all over again!

The BEST Weekend Ever!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2012 lanita a. w

There are not enough words in the English language to describe how amazing the Lord Thompson Manor staff, grounds, and proprietors are. My +1 & I were shopping around for a venue in CT and happened upon the Manor. We took a more unconventional route to this decision. In March... Read More of ‘09 I asked Andrew if it were possible to have a tour of the property and also spend the weekend in the Cottage House. This is something that they do not usually do but Andrew was willing to accommodate us. The weekend was wonderful, breakfast tasty, the fireplace and the room...beyond!! After we fell in love with the property, operation “get our mothers on board” commenced. It was as if the gods wanted us to be married at the manor. We visited again in early March of ‘10, a snow storm was on deck & a light dusting of snow covered the grounds. Andrew gave a tour of the house as the snow fell outside; when touring the grounds you feel as if you are in another world. From the drive down the tree lined road to the manor rising up and appearing from a distance, the beauty is overwhelming. We then settled in for the night at the main house with fires burning creating the perfect atmosphere. When we woke the next morning it was a winter wonderland. They were SOLD! The Plan worked. We got married Labor Day Weekend of 2011. From the moment we arrive everything fell into place. All the months of corresponding created the perfect reflection of my vision. The rehearsal dinner was delectable, Chef Mike is a true and consummate professional at his craft. The day of I/we were blown away from the beauty created. It felt like home. Like your family's summer house that has been opened just for this occasion. The decor, the flowers, the unexpected touches; the “sweetheart” table that Jackie set-up outside as a photo vignette was PERFECT! I really, truly and unequivocally can not say enough about The Lord Thompson Manor. As the old saying goes “You get what you pay for!” And when the bottom line was shown, it was and it still is worth EVERY LAST PENNY SPENT!!!! If you want an experience that will never again be matched then look no further.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Adrienne M

Simply put, the Lord Thompson Manor knocked it out of the park! My husband and I were married at the Lord Thompson Manor in August 2016, and since then, not a day goes by that we don't talk about how amazing our wedding weekend was. It was truly the most unforgettable weekend of... Read More our lives. We cannot give enough credit and praise to the entire LTM staff for executing everything so flawlessly. In all honestly, there was not a single detail that was overlooked. This does not just refer to the wedding day - the attention to detail spanned from our early arrival on Thursday night to the rehearsal dinner on Friday evening all the way through to the send-off brunch on Sunday morning. Absolute perfection! That being said, we have to give a very special thanks to Kate, Chef Mike, Jackie, Andrew, and ESPECIALLY, Danielle & Ted! All members of the staff worked tirelessly with my husband and I to create the perfect menus, drinks, décor, and set the mood that truly makes weddings feel "magical." Our guests are still raving about how our wedding was the best they've ever been to - from the food to the final send off! All in all, the thing that puts the Lord Thompson Manor in a league of its own in regard to wedding venues is the fact that they truly listen and care about what you want as a couple. Honestly, by the end of our amazing weekend, we felt like members of the LTM staff were like family - that is how special they made us feel. It is still surreal that they were able to perfectly create such a beautiful atmosphere of love & affection. Nobody wanted the weekend to end! Thank you again for everything. Words really do not do it justice. We wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Melissa K

We just celebrated our anniversary recently and I was reminiscing about how wonderful our wedding weekend at the Manor was. After attending a friend's wedding there and then getting engaged ourselves, my husband and I knew immediately that we had to book our wedding at the... Read More Lord Thompson Manor. It's like no place else we had seen before. From the grounds, to the beautiful details in all of the rooms, the atmosphere throughout the entire venue is one of a kind. When the Manor staff learned that it was going to be a rainy day, they went above and beyond to make sure that we still had a gorgeous wedding. Jackie rearranged our centerpieces to accommodate more candles, which created an especially warm and cozy ambiance, despite the dark clouds outside. Our guests never even remember that there was a storm that day. Danielle, in particular, was a lifesaver. She took care of so many last minute details, and did it with a smile. We could not be more grateful for all of the work that went into creating such a special event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rebecca F

Lord Thompson Manor is the venue for your wedding- no contest! The accommodations are beautiful and comfortable and the staff takes care of every detail. The food for our wedding was outstanding from Chef Mike! We had so many compliments about the food-honestly people couldn't... Read More stop talking about it and everyone had a different favorite. Jackie understood exactly what decor we wanted for our ceremony and reception and she created a look beyond our expectations! The flowers were the most gorgeous arrangements we have ever seen at a wedding. Andrew was so accommodating and even worked with us to develop our signature drinks and special ordered a certain beer for our rehearsal dinner. Our family and friends were raving about the LTM and the staff for months after our wedding was over. We have so many awesome memories from our time spent there and we are so happy we chose LTM for our wedding weekend. We highly recommend it to any couple looking for a romantic setting with top quality food and service.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LaurenAlmost C

This place isn't for everyone. If you don't care about attention to detail, appreciate the dedication of exquisite ppl & care about value more than cost ... look away. However ... if you're tired of people saying "it's just 1 day," I'm here to prove why that's nonsense. If... Read More you're DONE researching, this will be the most important 3 minutes of your wedding planning life. Pay attention. HOW I GOT HERE You can't mean "I'm DONE looking" more than I did in the winter of '15. We're not wealthy, but our taste & expectations don't realize that. We looked into everything from historic landmarks to world-renown NE palaces. We considered Italy. Oh, and I'm OCD. Within hours of my engagement I had a new (LTM-famous) email :). I compiled a ~200 question list I had every vendor answer, and I wasn't going to settle until I understood EVERYTHING. Oh, and I KNEW my wedding date would be 10/8/16. Non-negotiable. SIGN #1 - I FELT, GUILTY I'm very, very busy. I have 2 careers, & don't cut corners. On anything. I almost cxld my tour of LTM, for a billion reasons. I could've easily justified cxlng. But there was something about this guy I was emailing that made me feel like I owed him the respect of holding the appt. That's not a normal sentiment for me. SIGN #2 - IT FELT, AT HOME The whole ride I kept thinking "I never knew CT could feel so close" (I'm from central mass). When I pulled up (in 5 ft of snow), I saw this regal mansion. I thought "great, can't wait to feel out of place." Then I walked inside The Manor. I was awestruck. I'd truly never seen anything so magnificent yet, comfortable. The fireplaces, the piano, the woodwork, the music. I felt, at home. SIGN #3 - ANDREW, NOT JUST A SALESMAN Sorry, buddy :). I dealt with Andrew near-exclusively during the "courting phase." His passion, vigor and frankly, kind smile ... won me over. I thought, "this is one of the most authentic salesmen I've ever met!" (& I negotiate with salesmen for a living, so I'm no softy). He was funny, witty, responsive and humble. Far more humble than anyone in his position often is. That's all I'll say :). But it was his knowledge that won us over. We're a tough crowd, my fiance and I. And when I say the 200 q's were effortless for him to answer, & correctly, I mean it. When I say I ended up with 225 questions, it was bc of him. Had we met our “tough crowd” match? I wanted him to have my sale. SIGN #4 – I REGRET ... NOTHING Fast forward to 18 mos of planning & 3 of the most incredible days of not only our, but our guest’s lives … Every TYPE of guest was entertained (even the wallflowers were mobile) and BEYOND well-fed. To say “abundance” was the theme is an understatement. Yet, I never ONCE felt anyone took advantage of us. The LTM family treated us with the utmost compassion, respect & genuine best interest in mind. GENUINE. You just don't find that in this industry. And when asked what I'd have done differently, the answer ... Nothing. Gracie Muffin, Bartender Tom, Chef Mike, Water Afficionado Kate, Party Boy Ted, Fellow "Wonder Woman" Danielle, & the couple of the CENTURY ... Jackie & Andrew ... you're the real thing. With the loudest, non-stop laugh & the award for "most emails" ... this is "Lauren Almost" signing off ... and thanking YOU, LTM, for allowing us to be a part of YOUR story. Oh, and I didn't get married on 10/8/16. (for ANY q's PLEASE email me at [email protected])

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alyssa H

The Lord Thompson Manor is absolutely amazing. My fiancé and I knew we wanted to get married at the Manor because of the location, menu options and we knew we didn’t want a traditional ballroom space. A holiday weekend was going to work best for our families (July 4th was the... Read More Friday of our weekend). This made it really important to us that we have a “destination feel” for our guests where they wouldn’t feel like it was a waste of a long weekend to come to our wedding. I also needed a venue that would really deliver the vision since I’m not a big DIY bride. The Manor did not disappoint! What an amazing weekend…. I can’t thank Jackie, Andrew, Ted, Danielle, Kate, Chef Mike and the rest of the Manor staff enough for everything they did for us. Most guests were coming from NYC/ New Jersey and Boston so the Manor was a perfect location not too far from either but once everyone got there, we really felt like we were on vacation. For our rehearsal dinner at the Manor we used the Fourth of July holiday as the theme, but rather than a regular backyard BBQ, the Manor made it was the classiest, BBQ we’ve ever had not overlooking any details from food to flowers. Jackie used some vintage items on our guest tables which was so unique looking. We had hired a guitar player for the night and when our dinner had to be held inside due to rain the staff at the Manor surprised us by setting up a mini stage area inside with the outdoor lighting we had picked for outside so it would give the look I had been hoping for. Saturday was picture perfect. From the custom menu cards to the cake, the details were beautiful! The day was gorgeous outside and everywhere we looked there was something to do outside…they even set up a photo booth area outside for us with vintage props! We used all vendors that the Manor had recommended and they were great. Music is really important to us so we had a string quartet for the ceremony and cocktails, a band for half of the reception and a DJ for the other half. The Manor staff worked with all of them to coordinate the music selections and transitions so they all worked so well together. The Manor truly made this a fairy tale wedding weekend getaway. Our guests were blown away (including us and we thought we knew what was coming)! No detail is overlooked and the professionalism of every single person we worked with was unbeatable. Thank you Lord Thompson Manor for everything!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Zach H

Can we give it 100 stars?! The Lord Thompson Manor is just completely amazing, and we really can’t rate it highly enough. The owners and staff here exhibit such incredible care and complete attention to every single minute detail, and the love that they show you and your guests... Read More are constant from the very beginning of the process, to the very last minute of your wedding weekend as you drive away with tears streaming down your face because you have to leave. This was our weekend: Tom and I arrive. The venue itself is stunning. Picture an estate with grounds designed by Frederick Olmsted, the famous landscape architect responsible for NYC’s Central Park. We walk through the wooded paths with little benches set up for a quiet moment. It’s autumn, so the whole setting is patched with bright fall foliage. The manor is already being set up. While you can have a wedding planner, we never used one because the owners are already the best wedding planners you could ever want. They’ve worked with us throughout the past few months to personalize every detail. We walk inside, and the fire is roaring in the drawing room. Photos of us and our family are up on the piano and throughout the house—as if we’ve been living here for the last twenty years. The flowers, which the owners have sourced, are gorgeous and unique. They’ve also found various ornamental pieces that complement our motif and our wedding colors. Soon our guests begin to arrive. The staff have specially designed our rehearsal dinner with a unique menu that reflects our favorite foods. After the party, we spend the night in the impeccably furnished manor guest rooms, along with some of our closest friends. The next day our guests arrive early for a day of lawn games on the estate grounds. Later, as the sun is setting, the ceremony begins in the picturesque side garden. As a gay couple, this is such an incredible moment for us as we say our vows in front of all the people who are most important to us. Then our family makes speeches from the balcony overlooking the garden. The owners have helped us personalize this entire process. All of the food at the reception is absolutely delicious and everlasting. There are countless appetizers, followed by a multi-course sit down dinner. Everyone is seated in a string of connecting rooms within the manor itself. The space is candle lit, romantic, and breathtakingly beautiful. Following dinner, the band begins in the conservatory, and our guests enjoy the run of the estate—from dancing; to cozy conversations on the back terrace in the glow of heat lamps and outdoor fireplaces; to playing pool down in the billiards room; to whiskey tasting at the scotch bar; to wandering a candlelit path through the back gardens. After the reception ends, the after party begins. Those who stay roast marshmallows over the fire pit for s’mores, or cuddle up in the library, or continue to dance. The next day we conclude with a fantastic brunch. And then the crying begins as we know we have to leave this fantastic, magical, perfect place. If you can’t tell, we LOVED our wedding, we had such an incredible time, and our guests were frankly blown away. We can’t help but smile every time we’re out with friends now and they can’t stop raving about how they’ve never been to a wedding that was more fun and romantic. We’d love to take credit, but we tell the truth—that we owe it all to the incredible vision and tireless work of the very special folks at the Lord Thompson Manor.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nancy E

So Romantic! Words cannot describe the delight we had at my son's wedding. Lord Thompson Manor is a beautiful venue, with plenty of different spaces to enjoy: a lovely garden gazebo for the ceremony, delightful patio area and firepit for cocktails, cozy dining rooms for... Read More dinner, and a pretty conservatory for dancing. With Jackie's imagination and creativity, the Manor transforms into a magical and romantic place for a wedding. The staff are incredibly attentive, from the valets who park the cars; to the servers who attend to your every need; to Ted, our host, who helped my elderly aunt get around; and to Kate, who helped the bride with a mishap with her dress. The food was outstanding: I praise Chef Mike for all the delicious food served during the weekend. He and his staff did a fabulous job with creating a wonderful tasting menu and accommodating our special requests. I am especially grateful to Jackie and Andrew for all their help in organizing the wedding and making the day so memorable and such a joy to savor. You cannot ask for a nicer venue to hold your wedding: Lord Thompson Manor is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Shelagh G

When my husband and I turned the final bend of the driveway at Lord Thompson, to meet our closest family friends (who had also gotten married at LTM years earlier), for our tour we knew it was going to be nothing short of breathtaking. Even in the middle of January with light... Read More snow on the ground, I could start to envision what a wedding at Lord Thompson would be like and we fit right in. When we started the wedding planning process, we had one goal: to find a venue that would entertain our guests the same way we would in our own home and I can say with 100% confidence, LTM exceeded all of our expectations and then some. The team at Lord Thompson is friendly, easy to work with, professional, attentive and accommodating in every way! Chef Mike helped us nail a menu, find solutions for guests with allergies and completely wowed us with infamous cheesecake and endless appetizers. Jackie listened to my ideas, studied the pictures I shared and has an eye like no other! She has incredible design skills, is a sweet soul and knows how to make a girl cry over a beautiful bouquet! During one of our planning conversations, I mentioned in passing how I love flower shops and she surprised me with one outside for all of our guests to enjoy! She turned my vision into reality and I am forever grateful that our tastes collided so perfectly. Ted and Kate worked endlessly to keep our gang in-line, on time and organized. They went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of, including last minute trips to Walmart when our guests's air mattress popped and separate trips to Boston to ensure fresh anemone flowers. From the start, we appreciated Andrew's professionalism and commitment to a successful event from the first meeting to the final goodbye. We are forever thankful for the experience we had at Lord Thompson and the lasting friendships created! Without questioning, my husband and I would recommend Lord Thompson, just as our friends did to us.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Nancy M

Dear Jackie and Andrew Well, it is hard to believe that it was a week ago that we began our enjoyable and fun packed weekend wedding celebration with our children at the Lord Thompson Manor.We all l have lots of stories to tell and great memories f rom our weekend. First and... Read More foremost, it was a delightful experience from the outset the end of December to late August. Both the bride and groom enjoyed working with you both. As the plans finalized they were pleased to use so many of the persons that are regularly connected to the LMT (photographer, musicians, transport, hair styling/makeup and most importantly the officiant). All of these referrals turned out to be people who exemplified their profession and who were a pleasure to work with. The only area we didn’t seem to have much pull with was the weather but we did pull it all off, even with a few rainbows! Your staff were very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire weekend. Each and every detail was thought of, the cool towels when we came in from the ceremony was off the charts great . Kate was a very pleasant and helpful as we congregated at the cottage. She was very attentive to the bride's every need. Kudos to the chef and his staff – the food for all the meals was outstanding. Our guests were amazed at the variety of appetizers and the elegantly plated delicious sit down meal. The cakes were scrumptious . The rehearsal dinner food was excellent as well- I think one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I have ever had! Jackie your attention to detail is amazing and then putting that into action with the decorating of each table, room and special areas. The flowers were stunning – the bouquets, the table and room arrangements. We have enjoyed them all week long and have shared extras with a retirement community and other family and friends. I know that the bride's dream came true with her outdoor wedding and TED was an incredible manager of the day. He managed a multitude of details and fully understood the consequences of decisions and the impact on the LTM staff, our guests and the bride and groom. We are grateful for the many decisions that were made, the set ups and downs and the blowing of chairs, grass and trees several times to make it all WORK. Thank you for being a delight to work with, all of your promises were kept and we would not hesitate to recommend the LTM to others. We all have the fondest memories of our weekend at LTM even with the torrential rains! .

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Maryjo G

We celebrated our daughter's wedding at the Lord Thompson Manor last weekend and the entire experience was magical. Our daughter had wanted to do a 'destination' wedding but we had too many family and friends and elderly people that could not travel a long distance. LTM was the... Read More perfect place. We live in CT and our daughter lives in DE. LTM was close enough for people to make it a day trip but in a perfect location to make a weekend getaway if they desired. The staff took care of every detail and made planning this event a pleasure.No small feat when the bride lives a distance away. Unfortunately, just before the ceremony was about to begin, the weather took a turn for the worse with rain marching across the state. The staff quickly and efficiently moved everything inside and kept our daughter calm and happy. The rain did let up enough to enjoy the patio and fireplaces after the ceremony. Every detail was wonderful. The staff was professional and pleasant. Food was equal to any 5-star restaurant around. Every single detail was attended to effortlessly. The grounds and Manor itself are right out of a storybook. I would highly recommend this venue for a stress free, exquisite event.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Stephanie S

My Daughter, Amanda and her now Husband Dave just had their reception at Lord Thompson last weekend. EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE! From the exquisite decor (Totally coordinated to Amanda's bridal colors) to the fabulous food (Kudos to Chef Mike) everything was totally perfect!!... Read More Our event could not have gone any better. Special heartfelt thanks to our Host – Ted and Hostess – Kate who made sure every exquisite detail was perfect. I am still receiving numerous complements on the beautiful venue, the wonderful food and the professional wait staff, who were always smiling! I would highly recommend Lord Thompson Manor to any Bride looking to fulfill her dream wedding. You won’t be disappointed! Last but never least, Thank You to both Jackie and Andrew without whom a lifetime of beautiful memories for everyone who attended would not have been possible.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 C. Dianne Z

Mother of the Bride here. August 20th, 2016 Wedding Weekend (Sharon & Matt ). LTM exceeded my expectations. I felt like I was at Downton Abbey and so did our guests. Jackie worked so hard to make sure the Manor and weekend events looked exquisite and came together like a... Read More beautiful symphony. Ted was simply a delight to work with ; professional, on top of everything , supportive, funny, a treasure. Kate was completely attentive taking excellent care of our bride (daughter) and the bridal party. She was always there for us! Chef Mike is a pleasure to work with .... Oh how I wish I had some more of our exceptional steak entree and all his culinary favorites. The staff was top of the line and wonderful to be in the company of. Staying in the Manor and Cottage was very relaxing. Which leaves me to Andrew who deserves full credit for making LTM a premiere venue for the best Country estate wedding ever! You are the best! Dianne Zweig

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Dianne Z

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Andrea M

Our wedding was in early August and it was truly a dream. The owners Jackie and Andrew thought of every possible detail and it was executed beautifully. The coordinators especially went above and beyond to help us make all those special details happen. They made us feel so... Read More special and it really was a dream wedding. The food was sensational and we are still getting compliments on how great everything tasted. I highly recommend LTM for any couple looking for a unique, sophisticated and intimate wedding experience!! We can't stop daydreaming about it!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Raheem S

It has been about 2.5 months since our wedding at LTM, and word cannot describe how incredible our wedding weekend was. Jackie, Andrew, and the rest of their staff really go above and beyond to make it an amazing production. Everything you can think of is taken care of and... Read More carefully planned. A special shout out to Kate and Ted, who helpful put everything together and handle anything that came up. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience with your family and friends, my bride and I highly highly highly recommend Lord Thompson Manor.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Raheem S

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Words can’t describe how incredible this venue and staff truly is. It’s rare that you read such amazing reviews of something online and it actually lives up to expectations, never mind surpass them. LTM specializes in a weekend wedding. We hosted our rehearsal dinner onsite... Read More which had such a high quality of food and décor that it honestly felt like it could have been a wedding in itself, for a very fair price. We went with the Tuscan Nights theme and the conservatory was completely transformed to feel as though we were dinning in Tuscany. We wanted to incorporate some toasts, a video montage, and other religious ceremonies into our Friday night dinner and the staff was incredible at not only accommodating us but going out of their way to make each and every aspect of the evening as beautiful and seamless as possible. We kept having to remind ourselves that this wasn’t even the official wedding yet! At the wedding ceremony and reception the flowers and decorations were absolutely top notch. Let’s just say that Jackie has the gift of hearing your vision and actually executing it to a “T.” We met with Jackie a handful of times over the course of the year to continue to develop the vision for the wedding. Jackie gave us more attention than we would ever have thought possible. She knew exactly where and how to push us to make the event spectacular, and also identified other areas where it was possible to scale back and perhaps save on budget. She knows how to throw a wedding that will “wow” all of your guests as well as the bride and groom and their respective families. Jackie helped orchestrate our “first look” to be straight out of a fairy tale. The entire wedding party and extended family were in tears. Having this kind of wedding planning included with your venue is a perk that is unmatched by any of the other 15+ venues we looked at. The food at Lord Thompson is by far the best wedding food that any of us had ever had, and many guests remarked at this too. Chef Mike is one of the LTM gems to work with. At the Manor House, Ted is the designated wedding host and let us just say that without him, our wedding weekend would not have been the same. But to be clear, it goes beyond simply being a point of contact for things. Ted is at the manor house almost 20 hours a day over the weekend ensuring everything is a perfect as possible. He went above and beyond for us on many occasions, including things like fixing an aunt’s shoe that broke, helping one of the bridesmaids with a stain on her dress, saving the day by carefully removing dirt from the bride’s dress after outdoor portraits, helping numerous people find things they had misplaced, and even offering a few people a ride over to the cottage house who were without a car. In addition to the above, Andrew was also a pleasure to work with. Andrew primarily worked with us on the paper work/financial side of things, and did so in a way that helped us understand everything clearly, and evaluate what was important to us. We had a lot of questions throughout the process and Andrew was always willing to get on the phone and talk things through. Overall, LTM is a one in a million type of wedding venue that is unique in every sense of the word. You will not find the level of staff, fine dining, and level of beauty venue all together in one place. There just are no drawbacks to this venue, assuming it accommodates your wedding size and budget. Don’t think twice and book early!

Most amazing wedding

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Caroline A

Andrew and Jackie, the owners of the amazing Lord Thompson Manor, truly outdid themselves with our wedding this past weekend. We are forever grateful to them for creating and aiding in the planning of such an amazing, outstanding and beautiful rehearsal dinner, ceremony,... Read More reception and brunch--truly the wedding weekend of our dreams! Jackie handled the flowers, decor and gave expert coordination during the day and Andrew handled the finances and any and all questions we had. The Manor employs truly the best people of all time--Ted was amazing at anticipating our needs on Saturday and Kate at the Cottage House was so fantastic my bridesmaids and I all decided that we "need our own Kates" in our lives. The food was AMAZING--Chef Mike is the best!! We are so happy and thrilled with everything at Lord Thompson Manor and will not hesitate to recommend to everyone we know! Thank you thank you thank you all!!!! Love, Caroline & James

Everything we hoped for and more

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

Everything about the experience at Lord Thompson Manor was perfect. Andrew and Jackie were so wonderful from our very first visit all the way through the wedding. Chef Mike made worked with us to make our menu unique and memorable, and all the food was delicious. Ted was so... Read More wonderful, and made the big day go seamlessly--and he also calmed the jittery nerves of the bride and groom. LTM is not a "wedding factory" and it shows in every way. You won't be one of three weddings during the weekend. There won't be another reception in the ballroom down the hall. Everything they do during your wedding week is singularly focused on you and your wedding. With an LTM wedding, you have the rare opportunity to craft the entire weekend based on your desires and tastes. You get to work with wonderful people, who will go to extreme lengths to create a truly unique experience for you, your spouse, and your guests. In addition to providing a beautiful setting, the ease of planning is one of the biggest benefits of the Manor. We worked closely with Chef Mike to develop our menu, and he provided some much needed guidance. He is a supremely talented chef, and everything from the rehearsal dinner appetizers to the main course at the reception were outstanding. Jackie has excellent decorating prowess, and worked with our budget to make the flowers and decorations beautiful. The coordination with the third party vendors was perfect, and the feedback from the vendors is that LTM was one of the easiest venues they had all ever worked with. The convenience of the singular location was also a big plus during the weekend. Rather than staying at one place, having a rehearsal dinner at a second, the ceremony at a third, the reception at a fourth, the afterparty at a fifth, and the brunch at a sixth, everything can take place at the Manor. It allowed us to really get comfortable with the venue , which alleviated a lot of stress we have seen other brides and grooms go through. They also go the extra mile to set up the venue differently for each of these events, so the setting never appears tedious or overdone. The only unexpected downside was the tinge of sadness we felt as we left the Manor the day after the wedding. We had developed personal relationships with Andrew and Jackie during the months leading up to our wedding, and it was actually very sad having to say goodbye. My wife and I could not have been happier with the entire experience, and will be forever grateful to Andrew, Jackie and the rest of the staff at LTM.

A Fairytale!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Raven C

I simply cannot say enough about this venue. They made our wedding weekend the most unforgettable time of our lives. They staff was attentive, polite and completely accommodating! I felt like I was living in a dream! Everything was so far above and beyond anything I could have... Read More even hoped or imagined! Our guests also raved about the venue!

Where to start...

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

To say that my wife and I were pleased with Lord Thompson Manor is a major understatement. Quite simply, we were blown away. The reception itself was incredible - beautiful rustic decor, an enchanting atmosphere, attentive service, amazing food, etc. Perhaps even more... Read More impressive, however, was the staff's helpfulness in the stressful weeks and months leading up to the wedding date. Everyone we dealt with during the planning process - Andrew, Jackie, Danielle, Chef Mike, etc. - was pleasant, responsive, organized and professional. After a few discussions about logistical details, my dad said it best when he told me "it's just obvious these people know what they're doing." Couldn't agree more. We heard from several guests that the reception felt like a "fairy tale" and was the best they've ever attended. After an incredible weekend, my wife and our families left LTM discussing how much we hoped we'd be back someday for a relative or friend's wedding. And I'd be remiss if I didn't recognize Ted for his warm service during our stay. He literally seemed to be everywhere at once - each time I turned around Ted was there to hold a door open, give a bottle of water, adjust my bow tie, hold my wife's veil, etc. Ted has a perfectly helpful, pleasant temperament. Oh, and an amazing voice. When he serenaded us from the balcony with a love song as we departed the manor, it was the "cherry" on top of an already unbelievable weekend. We won't soon forget it.

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Morgan S

Lord Thompson Manor is the most wonderful venue! From its beautiful grounds to impeccable service, the manor is hands down fabulous! Danielle and Jackie really took the time to work with me to customize every detail. The chef not only makes delicious food, but he was willing to... Read More work with me on some very special requests. The "wedding weekend" is such a great feature. You don't need to worry about another event taking place in the same day, or feeling rushed in any way. For the whole weekend, this special place is just for you and your guests. Almost 3 years later, my family and friends are still talking about how fabulous our wedding was. If you are looking for a truly unique venue, look no further. This is it.