Lord Thompson Manor

Thompson, CT

Book Your Wedding with Lord Thompson Manor

A BACKYARD IN THOMPSON, CT

The Manor Grounds. Lord Thompson Manor sits on 40 acres of grounds designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, the father of American landscape architecture. An outdoor wedding Ceremony on the estate, however grand or intimate, will be as solemn as nature and the estate’s regal gentility can make it. Up to 220 guests can be accommodated indoors or outdoors. The manicured grounds of the Manor and Charming gardens and grass areas also provide postcard-worthy moments for the bride and the groom.

The Manor. After the wedding ceremony, couples have their reception indoors and outdoors at the Manor, where celebrated chefs from the James Beard Foundation will prepare a culinary repast worthy of the equally distinguished world-class facility. 220 guests can be accommodated in The Manor. Weddings at Lord Thompson Manor are unhurried weekend affairs that start on the day of the rehearsal dinner, continue on to the day of the wedding, After-Party and ends with Sunday Breakfast or Brunch.

The Cottage House. The Cottage House has seven guest rooms for the wedding party and guests, located on the historic Thompson Green, half a mile away from the Manor. Each cottage is a study in simplicity and charm, with a fresh palette of whites and creams, designed to complement the calm and comfortable surroundings.

Lord Thompson Manor can customize a menu to fit whatever theme. Weekend wedding packages feature the use of the manor for the weekend, chairs and tables, china, flatware, glassware, decor, cake-cutting services, linens, food service and accommodations, based on the couple's list. All cuisine styles may be accommodated, and arrangements can be made for any special food service needs.

There is an In-House Wedding planner who will help the Wedding couple plan and coordinate all the details leading up to and through their Wedding weekend, including coordinating with outside vendors for music, Photography, and other planning needs.

Lord Thompson Manor has a Wedding Couples section on its website, as an exclusive, resource where couples can coordinate, plan and coordinate the progress of their weekend and other arrangements.

Guests staying at for the weekend can participate in the following:

• Spa services
  • Billiard Room
  • Outdoor games on the Manor grounds

Private Destination Weekend Wedding Facility

The private elegance of the Manor and its expansive grounds is the perfect setting for your weekend wedding from the Rehearsal Dinner through Wedding Reception, After Party and Farewell Brunch. The Manor is centrally located to New York, Boston and Hartford.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Estate, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

286 Thompson Hill Rd., Route 200, PO Box 428, Thompson, CT (860) 923-3886

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Adrienne M

Simply put, the Lord Thompson Manor knocked it out of the park! My husband and I were married at the Lord Thompson Manor in August 2016, and since then, not a day goes by that we don't talk about how amazing our wedding weekend was. It was truly the most unforgettable weekend of... Read More our lives. We cannot give enough credit and praise to the entire LTM staff for executing everything so flawlessly. In all honestly, there was not a single detail that was overlooked. This does not just refer to the wedding day - the attention to detail spanned from our early arrival on Thursday night to the rehearsal dinner on Friday evening all the way through to the send-off brunch on Sunday morning. Absolute perfection! That being said, we have to give a very special thanks to Kate, Chef Mike, Jackie, Andrew, and ESPECIALLY, Danielle & Ted! All members of the staff worked tirelessly with my husband and I to create the perfect menus, drinks, décor, and set the mood that truly makes weddings feel "magical." Our guests are still raving about how our wedding was the best they've ever been to - from the food to the final send off! All in all, the thing that puts the Lord Thompson Manor in a league of its own in regard to wedding venues is the fact that they truly listen and care about what you want as a couple. Honestly, by the end of our amazing weekend, we felt like members of the LTM staff were like family - that is how special they made us feel. It is still surreal that they were able to perfectly create such a beautiful atmosphere of love & affection. Nobody wanted the weekend to end! Thank you again for everything. Words really do not do it justice. We wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 LaurenAlmost C

This place isn't for everyone. If you don't care about attention to detail, appreciate the dedication of exquisite ppl & care about value more than cost ... look away. However ... if you're tired of people saying "it's just 1 day," I'm here to prove why that's nonsense. If... Read More you're DONE researching, this will be the most important 3 minutes of your wedding planning life. Pay attention. HOW I GOT HERE You can't mean "I'm DONE looking" more than I did in the winter of '15. We're not wealthy, but our taste & expectations don't realize that. We looked into everything from historic landmarks to world-renown NE palaces. We considered Italy. Oh, and I'm OCD. Within hours of my engagement I had a new (LTM-famous) email :). I compiled a ~200 question list I had every vendor answer, and I wasn't going to settle until I understood EVERYTHING. Oh, and I KNEW my wedding date would be 10/8/16. Non-negotiable. SIGN #1 - I FELT, GUILTY I'm very, very busy. I have 2 careers, & don't cut corners. On anything. I almost cxld my tour of LTM, for a billion reasons. I could've easily justified cxlng. But there was something about this guy I was emailing that made me feel like I owed him the respect of holding the appt. That's not a normal sentiment for me. SIGN #2 - IT FELT, AT HOME The whole ride I kept thinking "I never knew CT could feel so close" (I'm from central mass). When I pulled up (in 5 ft of snow), I saw this regal mansion. I thought "great, can't wait to feel out of place." Then I walked inside The Manor. I was awestruck. I'd truly never seen anything so magnificent yet, comfortable. The fireplaces, the piano, the woodwork, the music. I felt, at home. SIGN #3 - ANDREW, NOT JUST A SALESMAN Sorry, buddy :). I dealt with Andrew near-exclusively during the "courting phase." His passion, vigor and frankly, kind smile ... won me over. I thought, "this is one of the most authentic salesmen I've ever met!" (& I negotiate with salesmen for a living, so I'm no softy). He was funny, witty, responsive and humble. Far more humble than anyone in his position often is. That's all I'll say :). But it was his knowledge that won us over. We're a tough crowd, my fiance and I. And when I say the 200 q's were effortless for him to answer, & correctly, I mean it. When I say I ended up with 225 questions, it was bc of him. Had we met our “tough crowd” match? I wanted him to have my sale. SIGN #4 – I REGRET ... NOTHING Fast forward to 18 mos of planning & 3 of the most incredible days of not only our, but our guest’s lives … Every TYPE of guest was entertained (even the wallflowers were mobile) and BEYOND well-fed. To say “abundance” was the theme is an understatement. Yet, I never ONCE felt anyone took advantage of us. The LTM family treated us with the utmost compassion, respect & genuine best interest in mind. GENUINE. You just don't find that in this industry. And when asked what I'd have done differently, the answer ... Nothing. Gracie Muffin, Bartender Tom, Chef Mike, Water Afficionado Kate, Party Boy Ted, Fellow "Wonder Woman" Danielle, & the couple of the CENTURY ... Jackie & Andrew ... you're the real thing. With the loudest, non-stop laugh & the award for "most emails" ... this is "Lauren Almost" signing off ... and thanking YOU, LTM, for allowing us to be a part of YOUR story. Oh, and I didn't get married on 10/8/16. (for ANY q's PLEASE email me at [email protected])

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Zach H

Can we give it 100 stars?! The Lord Thompson Manor is just completely amazing, and we really can’t rate it highly enough. The owners and staff here exhibit such incredible care and complete attention to every single minute detail, and the love that they show you and your guests... Read More are constant from the very beginning of the process, to the very last minute of your wedding weekend as you drive away with tears streaming down your face because you have to leave. This was our weekend: Tom and I arrive. The venue itself is stunning. Picture an estate with grounds designed by Frederick Olmsted, the famous landscape architect responsible for NYC’s Central Park. We walk through the wooded paths with little benches set up for a quiet moment. It’s autumn, so the whole setting is patched with bright fall foliage. The manor is already being set up. While you can have a wedding planner, we never used one because the owners are already the best wedding planners you could ever want. They’ve worked with us throughout the past few months to personalize every detail. We walk inside, and the fire is roaring in the drawing room. Photos of us and our family are up on the piano and throughout the house—as if we’ve been living here for the last twenty years. The flowers, which the owners have sourced, are gorgeous and unique. They’ve also found various ornamental pieces that complement our motif and our wedding colors. Soon our guests begin to arrive. The staff have specially designed our rehearsal dinner with a unique menu that reflects our favorite foods. After the party, we spend the night in the impeccably furnished manor guest rooms, along with some of our closest friends. The next day our guests arrive early for a day of lawn games on the estate grounds. Later, as the sun is setting, the ceremony begins in the picturesque side garden. As a gay couple, this is such an incredible moment for us as we say our vows in front of all the people who are most important to us. Then our family makes speeches from the balcony overlooking the garden. The owners have helped us personalize this entire process. All of the food at the reception is absolutely delicious and everlasting. There are countless appetizers, followed by a multi-course sit down dinner. Everyone is seated in a string of connecting rooms within the manor itself. The space is candle lit, romantic, and breathtakingly beautiful. Following dinner, the band begins in the conservatory, and our guests enjoy the run of the estate—from dancing; to cozy conversations on the back terrace in the glow of heat lamps and outdoor fireplaces; to playing pool down in the billiards room; to whiskey tasting at the scotch bar; to wandering a candlelit path through the back gardens. After the reception ends, the after party begins. Those who stay roast marshmallows over the fire pit for s’mores, or cuddle up in the library, or continue to dance. The next day we conclude with a fantastic brunch. And then the crying begins as we know we have to leave this fantastic, magical, perfect place. If you can’t tell, we LOVED our wedding, we had such an incredible time, and our guests were frankly blown away. We can’t help but smile every time we’re out with friends now and they can’t stop raving about how they’ve never been to a wedding that was more fun and romantic. We’d love to take credit, but we tell the truth—that we owe it all to the incredible vision and tireless work of the very special folks at the Lord Thompson Manor.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Barbara G

I was always one of those little girls who thought about my wedding day and had it planned before I was even engaged. I had this magical fairy tale wedding in mind, the type you see in storybooks. When I pulled up to Lord Thompson Manor for the first time I knew all my dreams... Read More were about to come true. The moment I walked through those dreamy doors I knew this was where I wanted to get married. My husband and I had been to many ballroom wedding over our years and we knew we wanted a way to make our 140 person wedding feel as intimate as possible. We also knew we wanted to have outside seating options for those who didn’t want to dance and the multiple cabanas, couches and patio tables allowed for that. No only is the Manor a unique gorgeous venue but the team is outstanding! Jackie, Andrew, Ted and Kate are an exceptional and thoughtful team who make you feel loved, and heard throughout the entire process. Chef Mike is also amazing to work with and is willing to customize and accommodate in any and every way, and of course his food is outstanding! A wedding at Lord Thompson Manor isn’t just a day but a weekend event which made our special time last even longer. I was married at LTM in May and I still hear from so guests that it was the best wedding they had ever attended! The unique aspect of having my family and bridesmaids stay in the Manor and Cottage House added another amazing experience for not only my husband and I but for our guests. My words can never begin to compliment the Lord Thompson Manor team enough. I am forever grateful to have found them and I am so luck have been able to married my best friend there. My only wish is that I could be stuck in a time loop and relive that experience over and over! Lord Thompson Manor you will forever have a piece of my heart!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Holly S

The team at Lord Thompson Manor is absolutely incredible, and they think of, and do, everything in a way that is seamless - almost magical. It is difficult to find the words to describe the degree of attention to details, logistics, and to each individual guest. A year after our... Read More wedding, I still have friends and family remark on what a special place Lord Thompson Manor is and how it was the "best wedding ever." Perhaps those are the best words.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Michelle M

The incredible wedding weekend my husband & I along with our family & friends experienced at the Manor is indescribable. Pure magical from the very second we first visited the Manor, we were in complete awe at what Andrew & Jackie had created there. Anytime we visited the Manor... Read More throughout our wedding planning process it made me so happy, I just loved being there! Every step of the way Andrew, Jackie, Danielle & Chef Mike we’re there to guide us & make us feel so special. Working with Jackie to create our own unique vision for the entire weekend was a blast! Her attention to detail is so focused & specific. It’s truly a talent like nothing I’ve ever seen. She goes beyond your highest expectations & the end result is just magnificent! Many of our guests went on & on about what a fabulous time they had, how amazing the food was & how beautiful & unique the venue was. We had many guests say it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The food was extraordinarily & working with Chef Mike was such a pleasure, he helped us customize our menu using fresh in season ingredients. My family, Bridesmaids & I had a wonderful time at the stunning, relaxing Cottage house with sweet Kate, who was great. She took care of our every need! My husband, his family & groomsmen were spoiled by the incredible Ted at the Manor all weekend. Ted also went above & beyond for us & all our guests. He was so attentive & enjoyable to be around. He was there with anything before you even needed him there. I noticed & appreciated every detail & thoughtful act the entire weekend! I believe they all do what they do because they truly love making each couple create a memory they will never forget! Our one wish is that we can relive every moment of our wedding weekend over 100 more times! We would recommend the Manor to anyone & everyone over & over again! It is an experience you will never forget & one that will live within your hearts forever. We are forever grateful for the unique, personalized wedding we had at the Manor & can not thank Andrew, Jackie, Danielle, Ted, Kate, Kelsey, Chef Mike & all the other wonderful staff at the Manor enough for everything in making our wedding the BEST day/weekend ever!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

The Lord Thompson Manor is top notch. From the time I arrived on Friday afternoon at the cottage to settle in and get ready for the rehearsal until the time we left Sunday afternoon after the brunch we were treated like royalty. Kate took amazing care of the girls at the... Read More cottage and Ted took great care of the guys at the manor. Andrew and Jackie were wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process. Just walking into the Manor months before at our tasting event, made chills run up and down my spine as there was nothing missed as far as decorating, impeccable service from the staff and the incredible freshly made food. Well, that all continued to hold true the entire weekend we were there for the wedding. I received so much positive feedback from our guests so we knew everyone had an amazing time. Being over an hour away from our home, Lord Thompson Manor is definitely the best kept secret in CT. I am hoping to have the honor of being a guest there many more times in the future. It is my understanding that Lord Thompson Manor won The Knot “Brides Choice” Wedding Venue Award last year and they most certainly deserved it and I hope they receive it again. They definitely know how to make an entire weekend “Magical”. Outstanding beyond words.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Brendan M

The Lord Thompson Manor was the perfect fit for our design. Andrew, Jackie, Ted, our wedding planner and the entire crew was incredible from the beginning of our planning thru execution - with confidence, outstanding customer service and style. We are so thrilled to have the... Read More precious memories of our wedding event held over the weekend at this unique and impeccable property, well suited for an elegant celebration.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 James L

When you think about all the pieces of a wedding weekend that must come together; the checklists, the people, the decor, the food and the music, you realize that what Jackie and the LTM staff do is truly superhuman. From the the way tables are cleared and drinks are served, to... Read More the center pieces and dinner menu, not even the tiniest detail is over looked. Looking back on our wedding weekend, I cannot think of a more picturesque setting or a more thoughtful and caring host than LTM. The hardest reality is knowing that a wedding goes by as quickly as everyone tells you. But, through all the emotions, all the little moments and smiles with friends and family, you can do nothing but appreciate the care and love that LTM pours into making you feel as though your wedding will be their best yet. Jackie, Andrew, Ted, Kate and Chef Mike have all truly found their calling in making magic with every special wedding that is lucky enough to call LTM their home for the weekend.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Amanda S

Where to begin... we absolutely can't thank Lord Thompson Manor enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams! Every moment of our wedding weekend was truly amazing - we had the very best time! We were so stressed in the week leading up to our wedding - from print shop orders... Read More gone wrong, to tuxes that didn't fit... but as soon as we pulled up to the Manor on Friday, all the stress just melted away. We were able to completely relax! My husband and I, and our friends and family, were all completely blown away by the beauty of the Manor, the incredibly delicious food, stunning flowers + decorations, and the friendliness of the entire staff. The weekend was absolutely perfect, there isn't a thing we would change! It was such a pleasure working with Lord Thompson Manor. We couldn't imagine a better place to start our new life together. We will look back and cherish the memories of our weekend at the Manor for the rest of our lives! To Andrew, Jackie, Chef Mike, Ted, and Kate - THANK YOU for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Erica H

I don't even know where to begin....Lord Thompson Manor is the most magical place to get married! We had our wedding weekend there this past June and we were left completely speechless. From the day you first step foot on the sprawling 40+ acre property you are greeted with love... Read More and warmth. Jackie & Andrew have created the most magical destination for a couple to have their wedding. Every detail of your wedding will be looked after carefully by Jackie, Andrew, & Ted from every flower, every bite of food, every sip you drink, every candle that gets lit, every plate, every decoration will be thoughtful placed to make it the wedding of your dreams. Ted will be " your-go-to guy" for all you need during your weekend. He takes care of it all with grace and ease and a smile on his face until the last person decides its time to go to sleep. We were serenaded by Ted's beautiful voice throughout the weekend, the guys got to relax & play sports and enjoy the Manor's beautiful property while the girls drank champagne and mimosas while getting ready over in the gorgeously white, charming cottage house just a mile down the road from the manor. Our wedding was truly magical and we left feeling like it was our home. If you not only want a wedding but an experience from start to finish where you are not just " another bride and groom" have your wedding at LTM. We can't recommend it enough. There is a feeling when you come to the Manor and it makes you never want to leave!! The food that James Beard award winning Chef Mike prepares for you and your guests will leave everyone in awe. Guests are still talking about the food to this day and how it was the best food they have ever tasted in their lives. You will speak with Chef Mike numerous times curating your menus for the weekend to be 100% authentic and YOUR OWN. My husband and I selected LTM for our wedding weekend because we knew we didn't want the typical ball room wedding and we knew we didn't want a one night and you're done event. We wanted a weekend wedding that was cozy, romantic, and intimate and that is just what we got. Our expectations were not only met but exceeded to the highest degree. When we look back and think about our wedding we smile, we laugh and we cry because it was literally the best and most magical weekend of our lives. Thank you LTM for making our wedding everything we ever dreamed of and more. We love you all!! Love, Erica & Jeff P.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Jacki S

My son and daughter in law were just married here. It was a perfect wedding orchestrated by Andrew, Jackie,Chef Mike, Ted and all the other staff. The grounds of the Manor, accommodations, food, and all services were perfect. All of our family and guests are still talking... Read More about how beautiful and wonderful the weekend was including the rehearsal dinner. Very professional and presented like a dream! Thank you all!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Lynn P

This Mother-of-the-Bride cannot say enough wonderful things about Lord Thompson Manor! Andrew and Jackie have created an elegant, dream-like venue that will turn even your most sophisticated guest into a gushing pool of compliments. From the planning stage through the final... Read More execution of the entire Wedding Weekend , the LTM staff has every detail covered. They are calm, organized, able to answer any question, field what you may think is the oddest request, calm the rawest of nerves. Their staff is exquisitely trained, the service impeccable. Chef Mike is nothing short of a genius, Ted is, well, a man for all seasons, and Jackie should (with all due apologies to Gal Gadot) receive the Oscar for Wonder Woman. If I have one regret, it is that I only have one daughter, because I want to return to Lord Thompson Manor and do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Bruno G

We happened to find Lord Thompson Manor by mistake, and it was the best mistake ever (besides the huge one my wife made getting married to me). After just 10 minutes of being inside, we were convinced that this place couldn't be real. Not only were the grounds beautiful, but... Read More they seemingly could accommodate almost every request we had. Andrew took us through the house and we were bewildered that we had finally found a place that wasn't driven by squeezing people out of every penny. Andrew focused more on understanding what we were looking for and working with us on how to make it happen. The second we left Lord Thompson Manor, we knew that there wasn't another place in the world we could have our wedding. I don't think a paragraph could encapsulate how critical Jackie (the other owner) was to our wedding. My wife was generally overwhelmed by the entire wedding process. I can't even recall how many times she and Jackie would be talking and texting late into the night, not just about the details of our wedding, but also just really warm words of encouragement and reassurance that everything was going to be ok. Everybody else from LTM deserves their own essay as well, but I'm sure if you're reading this, you're probably bored by now. Here are the highlights: Food: There were no lists with Chef Mike. He worked with us every step of the way to make the custom menu of our dream. The feedback from our guest's was exclusively that this was the best wedding meal they've ever had. They made it a point to say that not only did we have the most amazing food during cocktail hour (and an overwhelming amount of it), it was the first time that the seated dinner matched the quality of the appetizers. The Grounds: LTM is unbelievable. Every nook and cranny that you explore clearly shows that this is a place that was built with love and attention to detail. There is nothing more stunning than being in the parlor while it's being lit by candles and the fireplace is roaring. From the incredible chandelier tree to the communal firepit, there is not one place in the entire venue that you wouldn't want to spend hours in. This place was a dream come true. On top of all that, we had full access to everything for the entire weekend and it truly felt like it was our home the entire time we were there. Ted: I'll let you discover the magic of Ted yourself. When we were told that tipping him was optional, but that we would want to by the end of the wedding, we didn't really understand. On Sunday as we were leaving, there was no question in our mind that having Ted around made our wedding extra special. The man is incredible, and it's almost worth staying at LTM just to hang out with him. Vendors: LTM handed us our vendor's on a silver platter. Not only did they organize the equivalent of a job fair for us to meet their recommended vendors, all of them were wonderful. While we didn't go with all of LTM's recommendations, the vendors we found on our own said that they felt like they had been working with the staff for years. The wedding: LTM is a finely tuned machine. At no point in time was there ever any doubt in our mind that something could go wrong. Every member of the staff knew exactly what to do, and had backup plans for every situation. Even more amazingly, all of this was included in our package. We could focus on enjoying our wedding and our guests rather than worrying about who goes where and making sure our guests were having fun.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Stefanie G

The Lord Thompson Manor hosted out wedding in October 2016 and they did a fabulous job. The food was spectacular and the venue is gorgeous. Both Jackie and Andrew are easy to work with and will do everything to make sure all requests are met. Jackie did such a great job with the... Read More flowers and décor. All our guests commented that it was one of the best and most beautiful weddings they have attended. The outdoor ceremony space is right out of a fairytale and unfortunately for us hurricane Matthew rained on our outdoor ceremony plans but the staff at LTM was so professional and managed to set up the indoor backup plan in the blink of an eye and made it just as beautiful and special as if it had been outside. We can't thank LTM enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kendra R

My husband and I recently got married at the Lord Thompson Manor and it was an absolute dream. Jackie, the owner, has such an eye for design and took all of my inspiration and made it come to life even more beautifully than I could have imagined. Multiple guests told us it was... Read More the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and that is was so cozy & the perfect fall wedding. I want to relive the night over and over again and I can't wait to see everything through our pictures. We would highly recommend the Manor if you are looking for an "all inclusive wedding weekend" for your friends and family. The accommodations are top notch, the service unrivaled, and the food absolutely spectacular.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Margaret L

Where do we begin......The Lord Thompson Manor was way more than what we imagined for Meg and Chris's wedding in July!!! They wanted a venue that would provide a weekend experience, not just an event, and Jackie, Andrew, Chef Mike and the LTM team made this happen!!! Their... Read More extraordinary attentiveness, creativity, cuisine and support throughout the planning and during that weekend far exceeded our expectations!! From arranging the manis and pedis on Friday afternoon and helping with the rehearsal at the church to a wonderful seafood themed dinner (delicious hot lobster rolls!!!) followed by a welcome reception for our out of town guests. By the end of the evening, it was so nice to go upstairs (or to the Cottage) to the exquisite and comfy bedrooms. Saturday started with a delicious breakfast!! The girls relaxed at the Cottage getting hair and makeup done while the men took advantage of the billiard room and patio at the Manor. Having Jackie with us at the church to help with the last minute details, including fixing a flower or two, was such a relief. Meanwhile Andrew, Chef Mike, Ted, Kate and the rest of the LTM team were busy putting the final touches on the beautifully decorated Manor, setting up the outdoor games and last, but certainly not least, preparing the most delicious (and plentiful) appetizers and main course EVER!! To finish off the night , we relaxed by the fire pit singing along with Uncle Tim playing his guitar and enjoying hot dogs and s'mores! When we first met with Jackie, she told us that when we arrive Friday, all we would need to do is enjoy ourselves. They would take care of everything else and they did just that!! Thank you again for making their wedding weekend so unforgettable!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Corey T

Phenomenal, elegant and historic location to have your wedding. As a wedding photographer, I was impressed with how well we were treated from valet parking, to entry, the communication was fantastic, floral design and candles galore were from a dream. I felt like I was in... Read More Europe, oh and we had the same delicious meal as the guests while they were eating. Always an honor to be treated like a guest. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Rev. Michael A

I'm a wedding officiant (and possibly a "loved one"). The grounds at Lord Thompson Manor are extraordinarily beautiful and well maintained (with a herb garden to die for right outside their kitchen and handy to their very talented chefs)! The staff is simply marvelous:... Read More courteous, helpful & knowledgeable. The building itself boasts an elegance reminiscent of the finest Old World venues! All in all, a magnificent place to stay, to get married, and to celebrate life!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Erika S

Where do I even begin.... Lord Thompson Manor is hands down the best wedding venue and support team any bride and groom could ever hope for. The amount of time and energy they spend on ensuring you have the best weekend is indescribable. From Day 1 they sit with you and... Read More understand what it is you are hoping for and from then on out they spend an entire year making sure your hopes and dreams come true without fail. They offer you not only a wedding but a wedding weekend. Everything from the Rehearsal Dinner to the First Look, the Ceremony and even the After Party is just over anyone's expectations. The compliments my husband and I received after our wedding was that it was the most elegant and exceptional wedding our guests have ever been to. This venue is run by a husband and wife who really are the wedding power couple. From planning to decorating to even the food, they know how to perfect everything. Not only that but they have the most gentle and supportive personality to help you with every decision. All I can say is you will NOT be disappointed with this venue. They made my wedding a dream come true. More than I could have ever imagined. I never wanted that weekend to end.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Andrea V

My wedding was flawless in every detail. Jackie and Andrew do an amazing job of brining your vision to life, no matter what it is. As a culinary enthusiast working in hospitality public relations, they NAILED it with the food and drink options. The world is yours at LTM to show... Read More your guests what you've got. The venue is the perfect backdrop for any occasion, especially a wedding, and having committed and talented staff members who put top-notch service before everything really shines through.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Peter S

I couldn't of imagined having my wedding anywhere else than the Lord Thompson Manor. From start to finish they made sure there was no detail overlooked. They truly listened to our vision for this day and hit on every element, from the food to the flowers. 6 months later and... Read More people are still talking about our wedding. Andrew, Jackie, and Ted, Thank you for making it a great day!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Melissa K

We just celebrated our anniversary recently and I was reminiscing about how wonderful our wedding weekend at the Manor was. After attending a friend's wedding there and then getting engaged ourselves, my husband and I knew immediately that we had to book our wedding at the... Read More Lord Thompson Manor. It's like no place else we had seen before. From the grounds, to the beautiful details in all of the rooms, the atmosphere throughout the entire venue is one of a kind. When the Manor staff learned that it was going to be a rainy day, they went above and beyond to make sure that we still had a gorgeous wedding. Jackie rearranged our centerpieces to accommodate more candles, which created an especially warm and cozy ambiance, despite the dark clouds outside. Our guests never even remember that there was a storm that day. Danielle, in particular, was a lifesaver. She took care of so many last minute details, and did it with a smile. We could not be more grateful for all of the work that went into creating such a special event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rebecca F

Lord Thompson Manor is the venue for your wedding- no contest! The accommodations are beautiful and comfortable and the staff takes care of every detail. The food for our wedding was outstanding from Chef Mike! We had so many compliments about the food-honestly people couldn't... Read More stop talking about it and everyone had a different favorite. Jackie understood exactly what decor we wanted for our ceremony and reception and she created a look beyond our expectations! The flowers were the most gorgeous arrangements we have ever seen at a wedding. Andrew was so accommodating and even worked with us to develop our signature drinks and special ordered a certain beer for our rehearsal dinner. Our family and friends were raving about the LTM and the staff for months after our wedding was over. We have so many awesome memories from our time spent there and we are so happy we chose LTM for our wedding weekend. We highly recommend it to any couple looking for a romantic setting with top quality food and service.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alyssa H

The Lord Thompson Manor is absolutely amazing. My fiancé and I knew we wanted to get married at the Manor because of the location, menu options and we knew we didn’t want a traditional ballroom space. A holiday weekend was going to work best for our families (July 4th was the... Read More Friday of our weekend). This made it really important to us that we have a “destination feel” for our guests where they wouldn’t feel like it was a waste of a long weekend to come to our wedding. I also needed a venue that would really deliver the vision since I’m not a big DIY bride. The Manor did not disappoint! What an amazing weekend…. I can’t thank Jackie, Andrew, Ted, Danielle, Kate, Chef Mike and the rest of the Manor staff enough for everything they did for us. Most guests were coming from NYC/ New Jersey and Boston so the Manor was a perfect location not too far from either but once everyone got there, we really felt like we were on vacation. For our rehearsal dinner at the Manor we used the Fourth of July holiday as the theme, but rather than a regular backyard BBQ, the Manor made it was the classiest, BBQ we’ve ever had not overlooking any details from food to flowers. Jackie used some vintage items on our guest tables which was so unique looking. We had hired a guitar player for the night and when our dinner had to be held inside due to rain the staff at the Manor surprised us by setting up a mini stage area inside with the outdoor lighting we had picked for outside so it would give the look I had been hoping for. Saturday was picture perfect. From the custom menu cards to the cake, the details were beautiful! The day was gorgeous outside and everywhere we looked there was something to do outside…they even set up a photo booth area outside for us with vintage props! We used all vendors that the Manor had recommended and they were great. Music is really important to us so we had a string quartet for the ceremony and cocktails, a band for half of the reception and a DJ for the other half. The Manor staff worked with all of them to coordinate the music selections and transitions so they all worked so well together. The Manor truly made this a fairy tale wedding weekend getaway. Our guests were blown away (including us and we thought we knew what was coming)! No detail is overlooked and the professionalism of every single person we worked with was unbeatable. Thank you Lord Thompson Manor for everything!