Lovely Cakes

All Connecticut, Westchester County and NYC

Lovely Cakes

We believe that each cake should represent the couple's personality, accent the style of your wedding and taste great! Our personal approach, attention to detail, use of best ingredients and your collaboration will result in the wedding cake of your dreams!

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

195 Charles Street, Stratford, CT All Connecticut, Westchester County and NYC (203) 842-0500

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Tiffany A

Renata is such a pleasure to work with and her cakes are amazing!! She listened to my ideas and visions and was professional throughout the whole process. I am actually not a huge fan of cake, however, the second I tasted Renata's vanilla and salted caramel cake, it was love at... Read More first "bite"! It was the best I have tasted. I Would highly recommend Renata for any occasion :) Fabulous work for my July wedding!

PERFECT

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Michael M

I cannot begin to express how pleased we were with Renata and Lovely Cakes!!! From the time we sent our first email to set up an appointment to the day of the wedding, Renata was wonderful. At the tasting, she listened to what we wanted and gave us a cake that was not only... Read More BEAUTIFUL (and complimented the decor and theme) but was DELICIOUS! Every single person loved it! My best friend (who never even really eats cake) ate her entire piece! Thank you SO, SO much for everything! It really made our wedding day extra special! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!

Perfect Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Brice B

Working with Lovely Cakes was an excellent experience. Renata's cakes are beautiful, but the tasting cinched it for us. We hadn't planned on having a groom's cake, but after having difficulty deciding on just a single cake's worth of flavors, we opted to add a second differently... Read More flavored cake. Communication was fast and everything was very easy. We live in New York so our face to face time after the tasting was limited, but with Renata we were able to coordinate everything after the tasting via email. The cakes were gorgeous, delicious, and exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Talia F

Both our cake and Renata were amazing! She was so easy to work with and really listened to what we wanted and was super helpful with suggestions when my husband and couldn't decide what would work best. She was able to take both of our likes and create an amazing combination.... Read More Our cake was delicious perfection!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Ralph H

Renata does amazing work. We asked her to make a cupcake tower for our wedding, filling it with two exotic types of cupcakes. I can't tell you how many guests stopped by to rave about the flavors. And she made it so easy. We stopped by, picked out what we wanted and she... Read More handled everything else. I wish everyone was as competient and talented as she was. Thank you, Renata. Well done.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Jen M

I was first introduced to Lovely Cakes at the bridal store where I purchased my dress. After sampling a few bites, I knew Renata needed to make our wedding cake. Not only was our wedding cake delicious, it was absolutely stunning! Our guests couldn't stop talking about it.... Read More Renata was a pleasure to work with and guided us in the direction that fit with the overall feel and style of our wedding. We knew we wanted a "naked cake" and the end result was a beautiful vanilla cake with salted caramel buttercream frosting. Truly perfection for an early fall wedding! We'll certainly be using Renata again for special occasions down the line.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Danielle L

I wanted a simple cake but I wanted to have an incredible taste that everyone would be talking about. Our cake tasted amazing! It was beautiful and just what we wanted! It was so easy to work with Renata and I will definitely be using her for future cakes and recommend her to... Read More family and friends.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Clarissa S

Renata's cake was amazing! Our cake was beautifully designed, Renata paid great attention to every little detail, she was very professional, and was able to work within our budget. Her cake was delicious, the buttercream was out of this world! Renata definitely knows how real... Read More buttercream should taste. All my guests loved it. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Michelle F

Absolutely the best cake place in the area! The minute I walked through the door I knew we found the right place! Renata the owner is the nicest lady who sits down with you one on one and listens to every detail. Our cake was one of the most talked about items at our wedding!... Read More We had a unique Halloween wedding so we had asked for a Tim Burton tilted cake and it just came out perfect! Not to mention the cake is DELICIOUS!!! Lovely cakes was so welcoming I recommend her 100% any bride looking for a wedding cake you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Allison P

Our cake turned out better than I could have ever imagined! Renata was lovely to work with, is a total pro and an incredibly talented artist. To top it all off, the cake was delicious. I can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to try it again!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Barbara F

Thank you Renata for the amazing looking cake. The cake wasn't only beautiful it was also absolutely delicious. It best ever!!! Me and my husband couldn't be happier. Anyone looking for beautiful, fresh cake you can't go wrong with Lovley Cakes. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Samantha D

Renata (and her cakes!) are incredible. She is a true artist and very pleasant to work with. Not to mention an incredible baker. My husband and I weren't even going to have cake at our wedding until we saw hers online and knew we had to schedule a tasting - we had our minds made... Read More up after the first bite! The flavor options are both classic and creative, and so delicious. One of our layers was a red velvet, but not the garish red you're used to seeing - Renata makes her red velvet the real way, using natural coloring. Typically I'm not a huge fan of cake because of the thick fondant, but this fondant was so thin and delicate while still keeping the shape of a beautiful cake. What more could you want!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Jess P

Absolutely amazing! She is so creative with her designs and created a perfect cake just based upon learning about my wedding style and colors. The cake tasting amazing as well. Everyone at our wedding loved it and raved about it. 100% recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

A big thank you to Renata for helping us to make our wedding celebration so special. Our wedding cake was elegantly designed and better yet tasted so delicious. Renata is a true professional and is extremely talented. And her cakes are beautiful as well as tasty. She also... Read More created a special birthday cake for my husband who is an avid runner, hiker and amateur tennis player. She was able to incorporate all these hobbies plus our newborn baby into a cake which looked like a piece of art. Guests couldn't believe it was an actual cake. We kept the cake in tact for a couple days then our 7 yr old couldn't resist any longer and dove into the cake mouth and all. Thank you Renata!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Kate C

Renata is the cake queen! She is truly a breath of fresh air amid a sea of stuck-up CT cake bakers. A total professional from the get-go, she worked very hard to respect our budget and capture our vision while serving up absolutely to-die-for cake. Our tiered cake with rough... Read More buttercream was gorgeous and delicious on its own, and Renata did a beautiful job placing fresh flowers and our custom topper to make it feel truly personal. Though she probably doesn't need our endorsement since winning "Cake Wars" (!!), we would enthusiastically recommend Renata and Lovely Cakes to anyone!

A Must Have!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Ashley R

We did a cupcake tower for our wedding with a small tiered cake for us to cut. We had 3 different flavor and they were all AMAZING! Very reasonably priced, delicious and beautiful! All guests loved them as well as us!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Shauna M

Our wedding cake was beautiful, and most importantly, it was delicious! I received a lot of great feedback after the wedding. Renata was a pleasure to work throughout the process. She was very responsive and gave great suggestions. She even offered to give recommendations... Read More for other vendors in the area, and since I wasn't local, this proved to be very helpful! Highly recommended.

GORGEOUS Work

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kaitlin W

When I say our cake was flawless and exactly what we were hoping for, I mean it. Renata made us an absolutely gorgeous and absolutely delicious cake. We designed the cake with her by picking out a picture of two other cakes and combining the looks/ adding our own touches, and... Read More Renata executed the cake absolutely beautifully. The cake was also delicious and unique. I have nothing but great things to say about Renata and her work and absolutely, completely recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

Our wedding cake was perfect! Renata, the owner, is very detailed oriented and had great input as we were trying to decide on the style and flavor for our cake. The result was stellar!!! Thanks Lovely Cakes for a stress free experience, and for the wonderful eatable art that... Read More was our cake!

Unique and delicious wedding cakes

Reviewed on 8/07/2015

Renata and her team were wonderful to work with. The cakes weren't just beautiful and unique they tasted awesome. My husband and I are from Texas but got married in CT we wanted a grooms cake (a southern tradition) in the shape of "Big Tex" I sent Renata a image of Big Tex and... Read More she sent me 3 different designs at different price points so I could choose something that I liked as well as something that could work with our budget. The grooms cake was a surprise for my husband who loved it. The cakes were so good we took leftovers with us on our honeymoon. We highly recommend Lovely Cakes!

Beautiful and Delicious!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Kay S

Renata was so great to work with and her cake was beautiful and delicious! I got so many compliments on the cupcakes especially and as a busy bride it was a pleasure to deal with someone so professional and easy-going. She made the most delicious part of the day the easiest!... Read More I would absolutely use her again for future parties. Thank you Renata!

Best Wedding cake I've ever had!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

Since both my husband and I are from Brazil, we didn't know too many vendors in the U.S and when our catering manager suggested her cakes and I went on her website, I was surprised to know she is also Brazilian and offers the most delicious and traditional Brazilian fillings.... Read More After our tasting-the only wedding cake tasting we had- we knew right away our cake was going to be amazing and didn't have to look further. I never expected a wedding cake could be that moist and delicious. We decided to go with white brigadeiro and walnuts and it was to DIE FOR!!! Renata is lovely, very responsive, extremely detail oriented, and very talented! I could not thank you enough for all the love you have put towards our cake! The day after the wedding, all our guests were talking about was how they have never had a wedding cake as good as ours :)

Just wonderful & delicious!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

As my now husband & I were searching for a wedding cake there were many to choose from in the Fairfield County, CT area. We went for several cake tastings and after making the decision to go with Lovely Cakes - we were just thrilled, all around! From the lovely presentation (so... Read More much attention to detail) and the delicious taste - we could not have been more pleased. Our guests continue to compliment us on our wedding cake & this too contributed to a perfect wedding for my husband & I along with our entire day. We would recommend Renata (owner) of Lovely cakes to any bride & groom looking for top quality from start to finish! Good luck & congrats. Robin & George - Married 10/14

Perfect wedding cake!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Amber S

I could not be happier about our wedding cake!! Renata from day one was amazing to work with and helped to design the cake just for us. Not like a lot of other shops that just want to make a carbon copy cake. Our cake looked absolutely beautiful!! And tasted even better! I would... Read More highly recommend Lovely Cakes to any bride!

Lovely to taste, Lovely to work with

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Sarah W

It was a very pleasant experience to work with Lovely Cakes baker and owner Renata Papadopoulos. First we chose a cake tasting 6 months prior @ additional $30 which consisted of 3 cakes and 3 icings. all delicious which only made the decision harder. My daughter wanted... Read More cupcakes and a topper cake with fall theme marzipan decorations. We chose 3 flavor combinations ( chocolate, white and my favorite carrot cake) which the guests raved about, especially the Salted Caramel icing. Sarah also chose the topper cake in a fourth flavor -almond. The arrangement was beautiful, 100 cupcakes were displayed on a square tiered stand with the topper cake. As Renata suggested the bride and groom sliced the topper cake on the the towered stand which gave the same effect of a tiered wedding cake People noted that the pumpkin and leaf decorations also tasted delicious. The remaining extra cupcakes were kept in boxes so the caterers could serve them easily during desert. We ordered a total of 200 cupcakes (half decorated and half undecorated) for a wedding of 140 people . It was not less expensive than ordering an entire cake. However,one benefit was that we didn't have to order desert plates and forks. My daughter loves cupcakes and the guests seemed to enjoy the novelty of them. When the event was over the bride repeated asked if the prized cake and leftover cupcakes had been retrieved from the refrigerator at the venue. Lovely cakes creations were part of what made it a perfect day.