Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club

Mamaroneck, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Westchester's Quintessential Waterfront Setting

Located on a historic waterfront estate , MBYC offers gorgeous views and a destination wedding feel minus the travel. A typical wedding may start with a ceremony in the rose garden overlooking the water, followed by sunset cocktails & dinner in our tent. From black-tie to beach-side we do it all!

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Cruise, Garden, Castle, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

555 South Barry Avenue, Mamaroneck, NY

Wedding Venue on the water

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Kate K

Beautiful, historic building, gorgeous views of the water, and a lovely outdoor slate patio, which we would have used for our ceremony had it not rained. The great thing was that there were three areas for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and there is definitely enough... Read More room for a Plan B and Plan C when it rains and the ceremony can't be outside. There is a tented deck facing the Long Island Sound, where the ceremony and/or cocktail hour can be if the weather is a little unpleasant. If it's storming like mad, there's enough room for it all to be inside without feeling crowded. The food here is PHENOMENAL, they are willing to go off of their sample menu offerings if you ask for something different, and the amount of dessert offerings far exceeded our expectations. Sheldon is the banquet manager, and he does a great job coordinating set-up and problem-solving last minute hiccups. There is a bridal suite upstairs for the ladies to get ready. The men got ready by the bar. Can't wait to see our photos, and I'm sure they will look stunning with MBYC as the backdrop.

Impeccable Everything- 10 Stars If I could

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Jennifer M

To be honest, I don't even know where to begin on praising this venue (where we held both our ceremony and our reception on September 14th). First of all, I will say that I was probably as calm as I was throughout my entire wedding experience because of the staff at... Read More Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht club. Sheldon, the director of banquets, is the most supportive, helpful, and brilliant individual I worked with throughout the year and half of planning. On the day of, he ensured that every little detail and request was done to perfection and that we were happy. When speaking with him, you can just tell he knows what he is talking about and has years of experience in giving brides and grooms the most amazing wedding day that anyone could imagine. The entire staff was amazing, providing impeccable service. Prior to the wedding, we worked with Luaenn who handles all billing and most communications. One of the sweetest and most accommodating people you'll ever meet. My bridal attendant, Julie, was absolutely phenomenal as well and kept my husband and I very well taken care of without being too intrusive. To this day my husband continues to talk about Sheldon, Julie, and the unbeatable service from all of the service providers. Moreover, all of our guests were blown away by the service of the staff, as well as the amazing location. I lost count of how many told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, that the venue was "to die for," that the staff was soo attentive, accommodating, and friendly, and that everything from the view, to the food, to the service was absolutely phenomenal. This venue has everything anyone could every want... Perfect architecture and locations for photos (beach, gazebo, docks, grassy hills, amazing building stonework, etc.), the most delicious food cooked to your specifications, and of course, the best service anyone could every want. I absolutely recommend booking this venue for any events that you have. It is worth every penny, if not more...

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Theresa C

My husband and I celebrated our wedding reception at the Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club on June 8th and could not be any happier. We were worried when a new catering director took over as our wedding approached but Alain handled everything exactly as we wanted. He even had a... Read More wedding cake made to our exact specifications! The cocktail hour on the deck was absolutely beautiful and packed with food. We've received lots of compliments from our guests that it was the best cocktail hour and the nicest venue they had ever been to. Alain also accomodated us by providing a third entree selection for our guests to choose from. The food was absolutely delicious and fresh. The viennese hour and espresso bar were also big hits! Sheldon pulled out all the stops for us leading up to and the day of the wedding. He checked in to make sure we were happy all night (and ensure Bob kept his jacket on for pictures)! He also suggested adding a watermelon martini in addition to our mojito signature drink to go with our wedding colors of pink and green. Jane, the bridal attendant is a saint! She was beyond helpful without being pushy at all. She always appeared at the perfect time, just when I needed her! She was able to "repair" my ripped veil, fix my hair updo and ensure that I had all of the food I wanted throughout the night. The staff also set up the tables beautifully with our menus and favors in addition to the placecard holders I had provided. I'm a bit of a control freak so I was nervous to leave all of these details in someone else's hands but everything was done perfectly. I was also extremely pleased by the level of professionalism and pleasure with which the entire staff dealt with me and my guests. It is one thing to do an impressive job and it is another to do it happily. I would recommend the yacht club to anyone looking for a stunning venue with unbeatable cuisine and impeccable service.

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Theresa C

We had our wedding here in early October 2015. While we picked this venue because of their grounds, a hurricane forced us to hold the event indoors! Sheldon and the MBYC team did a great job and the event was a huge success- both the ceremony and the reception were elegantly... Read More carried out and many guests commented on how flawless the party seemed. The food was excellent and Sheldon's expertise and suggestions were essential in the success of the whole night. We were very happy with the service and professionalism of this venue!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

We got married here on August 2nd, and MBYC exceeded all of our expectations! The staff was phenomenal, especially Sheldon, who was a calming presence throughout the wedding and made sure that everything went smoothly. The place itself is gorgeous, and our guests couldn't get... Read More over it! The weather was good enough for us to have the ceremony in the open-air Rose Garden, with cocktail hour on the tented side. Sheldon and Irene had told us that it feels cooler on the water and that, by mid-afternoon, the rose garden is shaded, and they were completely right! It was very enjoyable for our guests to be outside and we got to enjoy the stunning backdrop and views of the water. The ballroom looked beautiful as it got dark during our reception. This was such a great place to have our wedding, and we couldn't be happier! I would definitely recommend MBYC. Just a short drive from NYC! Thanks for making our wedding the best day!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Joan A

Simply Perfect!! My (now husband) and I got married at MBYC in May 2015 and it was perfect. The entire day went smoothly from when we arrived to get ready there to the ceremony and reception. Irene the Event Director was fabulous to work with, and she has such an eye for... Read More detail. She suggested some fantastic ideas for my special day, that I would never have thought of. And Lueann on the events team was amazing, so sweet, and so accommodating. And the Food was INCREDIBLE - even our foodie friends say it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. All in all a perfect venue. We would highly recommend!!

2015-10-17T10:01:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words and feedback. It was our pleasure and so happy your day was everything you dreamed it would be! Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

MBYC is an amazing pick for your wedding ! It's the most beautiful setting and has breathtaking scenary! Irene and Sheldon are both so great to work with. An example of our attentive and wonderful the staff at Mbyc is on my wedding day my veil flew off into the ocean during... Read More pictures , a boater was able to fetch it out for me but I was so upset because I wanted to wear it for my first dance etc. when it was scooped from the ocean it was in a ball soaking wet, my assigned bridal attendant soaked it in seltzer water then blew dry it for me it looked as good as new and I got to wear it for all my dances. Sheldon did such a great job making sure nothing got missed and our day ran smoothly from beginning to end . Our guests are still raving about the food and our pictures came gorgeous with the amazing views , I highly recommend MBYC for your wedding , it is the perfect venue .

2015-10-14T15:25:20 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you had an amazing wedding and that the veil was OK! All in a days work! Please come celebrate with us soon! :)

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 rachna g

We were looking for a local venue that felt like a destination wedding, and the yacht club was literally the perfect place. Our guests still talk about how the setting was pristine and relaxed, how the staff was the most kind, and about how the wedding was so memorable because... Read More of the place, and we got married over a year ago! I can't say enough good things about how accommodating the entire staff was - Irene and Sheldon you were our saviors! For being the first Indian wedding at this venue, there were a lot of 'new' things we were asking for, and they accommodated everything with open arms and excitement. We can't wait to come back!

2015-10-14T10:34:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. We had a blast working with you and so glad it was the Day you always dreamed of! We hope to have you back soon!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Julie S

We had the most amazing experience at Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club. We couldn't believe how special our experience was. They took such good care of us. The food was delicious and beautifully presented, the atmosphere was stunning, and the people there really made the... Read More difference. It was as if we had our own private waterfront estate! The photographer took pictures all over the place -- at the beach, at the marina in front of all the yachts, and beautiful gardens. We couldn't have asked for anything more. A special day we will remember forever!

2015-10-14T10:35:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback!! We can't wait to have you back to celebrate the next milestone at MBYC!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jenny P

I would give 10 stars if we could. Our wedding was out of a fairytale and all of are guests are still raving about how beautiful everything was. It was a little pricier than other venues but you get what you pay for and SO worth not having to deal with other weddings or events... Read More happening. Delicious food and amazing setting and overall a great experience.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Abby D

Thank you Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club for making our wedding dreams come true. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Even on a rainy day ( thanks Hurricane Joaquim ) we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Sheldon assured us we wouldn't have to do anything... Read More on our wedding day except show up and he was right. The food was fantastic and Irene and Lueann were so nice to work with. We highly recommend!

2015-10-14T10:37:21 Response from the vendor

Even with the weather we are THRILLED you Loved everything! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Mara a

MBYC created the wedding of our dreams! Everything was perfect- Sheldon, lueann and Irene were all incredible to work with! Every question I had up until the day of was answered immediately- I literally felt like the only bride they had the entire summer! I am happy to be a... Read More reference for any one considering MBYC!!,!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Lauren B

Best waterfront venue! When we drove into the MBYC, my future husband and I knew it was the one! The incredible water views are so inviting and beautiful. We visited other venues but the service was not the same. Not to mention you are the only wedding here, so that's a... Read More plus! You feel like its your own, and attention is given to every detail. They were very understanding and flexible when developing the contract as we were going to have under 100 guests. You truly feel like you have the freedom to decide on how you want to set up the main room (2 chair options, table cloth colors), mantel decorated, etc. Being so accommodating was huge reason we chose MBYC. The deck for cocktail hour is fantastic, amazing views. The venue is perfect for pictures so you don't have to go anywhere else. Lueann and Sheldon are true professionals and so kind! They are responsive and helpful. Sheldon met with us and went over every single detail/timing for the event. Impressive! We also did a tasting, the food is incredible! Other positives- bridal attendant, signature drink, accommodate special diets, and optional bonfire on beach. Go for it- you will not be disappointed!!!!!! :)

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Mara a

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day! Specifically to the venue- everyone raved about the beauty of the outdoor/ceremony, cocktail hour, how we decorated the ballroom, and of course the food and drink (especially the signature cocktails we created and the ice... Read More cream cart!).not to mention, Sheldon, lueann and Irene were lovely to work with. they answered every every question I had, even if it was several emails a day;). Everything was just beyond our expectations!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Kristin B

It's hard to put into words how wonderful MBYC was. The view and the space speak for themselves (stunning). As for the service... Irene, Sheldon, Lueann were professional, caring and super responsive throughout the entire process. If you are considering this venue, you should... Read More be assured that you will not go wrong. The service from the waiters were stellar and timely. The food was incredible. Our guests are still talking about how wonderful our wedding was.

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Jessica J

My wedding day could not have been better and a big part of that is due to the wonderful people at Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club! Everything went very smoothly and the backdrop of the venue produces the most beautiful pictures. The food, which was very important to me, is the... Read More best wedding food I have ever had and I've heard that from our guests as well. If you are looking for a beach venue that is a little different than your typical Westchester venue - this is the place for you! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Kaitlin L

We had our wedding at Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club 2 weeks ago and had the most wonderful time there. From beginning to end, the whole staff was attentive, flexible, and accommodating. Irene was wonderful when we first began looking at the venue. She helped me with what was... Read More needed versus what wasn't, and she made sure she was accounting for all our needs. She was very responsive to emails and really made the process easy. Luanne was also extremely helpful throughout the process and made sure that we had all our questions answered, knew our options, and helped make sure everything was coordinated. Sheldon was amazing. We met with him about 8 weeks before the wedding and went over every detail. I felt completely comfortable that everything would be handled and everything would run smoothly. They were flexible with room set up, ceremony set up, and structure of our day. We were able to use the bridal suite to get ready and they assigned a bridal attendant to me, who was also amazing and there throughout the entire day. I did not have one problem or complaint that whole day. I felt relaxed and comfortable with everything, and had a lot of trust that everything was taken care of. Our guests cannot stop talking about the beautiful space, delicious food, and the way the whole night flowed. We had the best wedding day, thanks to Mamaroneck.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Amy C

We had our wedding at Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht this past April and it was simply amazing. From start to finish everything was flawless especially our amazing sunset cocktail hour in the tent ( our guests cannot stop raving about it). In the evening it became a little chilly but... Read More Sheldon and Irene brought heaters in for us at the last minute so our guests didn't even notice. Lueann in catering was also so helpful through the entire process and kept me on top of everything. Finally, Julie the bridal attendant was a SAINT. I didn't even think I would be the kind of bride who needed one but seriously she kept me together for the whole day! Thank you MBYC for making our day truly unforgettable!!

2015-07-14T11:01:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! It was a pleasure working with you guys and hope to see you celebrating at MBYC again soon!

Unforgettable & Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jenna F

I cannot say enough about how amazing my wedding day was at Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht. The banquet manager Sheldon is amazing and made sure everything was perfect. My bridal assistant Julie was my lifesaver, all I had to do was think of something and it appeared. My guests... Read More cannot stop raving about the food and service they received saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

Disappointed and would not recommend

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Majlinda K

We just got married at the club on June 22. Overall, my wife and I are very disappointed. First, the maitre 'd - Sheldon, performed terribly. The experience begun with Sheldon pulling my wife aside just 2 days before the wedding, while she was dropping off some candles, and... Read More telling her that it is customary to give a 5% tip, which amounted to around $1500. My wife asked him why would we tip an additional 5% when we had already prepaid 20% service fee? Sheldon replied that the 20% takes care of the staff's salary, and the extra 5% would be their tip. My wife and I discussed this and researched the maitre 'd tip amount and theknot figures were about $200 to $300 as tip towards him, but nowhere near the 5% he was asking for. We decided to stick with a $300 to $400 tip depending on how the experience went. Second, Sheldon was nowhere to be found as the guest arrived at the venue. I had to start sitting people down myself, in order to preserve the reserved first rows for the immediate family. Third, he didn't manage the ceremony music entrance well. Everything was off... Fourth, Sheldon was not on the room, and did not invite the guests to join our first dance as promised. We had specifically asked him to do so. Fifth, Sheldon forgot that my wife had so carefully planned to serve each table with two types of cakes (strawberry shortcake and chocolate with raspberry filling), but Sheldon and his staff had forgotten this detail and they ended up only serving the strawberry shortcake, and only after that was completely finished they realized the second batch was a different type of cake and it was too late to go back to the same tables to give them a variety. Complete lack of attention!!! Sixth, failing to properly manage the party, Sheldon forgot to make room for pulling off the garter, following the bride's flower throw. All these details Sheldon had asked and discussed with my wife prior to the wedding, but it appears that he never wrote them down or just never paid attention to them. Needless to say, Sheldon disappeared for most of the night. Very disappointed with him! On the positive note, the bride's attendant was very nice, and we appreciated her caring and attentive manners. Thank you! The food was also very good. I am glad that the money we spend on food was worth it. The guests were very happy with the food choices, and quality. The ambiance and location is above par. The water views and the reception terrace are among the best. The place was clean and didn't smell like a food court. Alas, this venue is a fully operated private club. You will never have the whole place solely to yourself. There will always be club members near you; 200 feet from our ceremony location, just on the beach lawn, the staff started setting up BBQ grills, tables, and chairs. I wasn't happy with this surprise, but couldn't do anything... I should have had the contract state that there would be no one near the venue, but I was lead to believe by Irene that people would leave the beach and the club premises after 6 PM. Overall, my wife and I are disappointed, and we feel that we deserved better just from an ethical point of hosting a proper wedding, let alone the money we spent. The amazing location, great food, and ambiance, did make up for some of that lack of attention and misdirection, but one expects everything on their weeding day, and as such, I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Cristina B

From beginning to end, the process was so easy. We knew we wanted to book here immediately. the view is out of this world and its in a quiet neighborhood. I loved that they only host one event at a time, no awkward run ins with another bride or guests from another party!... Read More The food was incredible (even guests of ours who are executive chefs were impressed!) we got everything we wanted and more and Sheldon was incredibly helpful and made sure we had everything we wanted! I enjoyed the bridal suite and my bridal attendant could almost read my mind, and was there all night to help us out! I highly recommend Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club.

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Alice S

Unfortunately the weather did not hold out, but everything about this place is first class. Sheldon, Director of Banquets, and Alain, Director of Catering were phenomenal. The wedding attendant Jane was so wonderful. The food is fantastic...I can not say one negative thing... Read More about this venue.

Best Venue!

Reviewed on 12/18/2011 Kate H

The Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club could not have been more responsive or nicer when we were planning the wedding. We met with Jordan early on to talk about the menu and view the club. The venue was great. All of our guests loved the beautiful views surrounding the club. The... Read More food was so plentiful and delicious. Everyone I talk to tells me how they have never seen so much food and how delicious each thing was. Benny, the chef, made special vegetarian dishes for H’s grandmother. Sheldon made sure that everything was perfect. The staff was super friendly. When the last shuttle was late at the end of the wedding, the staff was patient and didn’t rush us at all. I would highly recommend MBYC.

BEYOND Satisfied!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Sara K

I looked at several other venues in Westchester before deciding on this one. I fell in love Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht club for several reasons. It's a beautiful setting right on the water and one of the only venues I looked at that was a '1 event per night' venue. This was not... Read More really a requirement of mine but it did end up being more important to me the more I thought about it. Overall my experience was amazing. The staff was incredible. I mainly worked with Sheldon, the event manager and Jordan the executive chef. Sheldon handled everything you can possibly think of (most of the time without me even asking) and executed everything perfectly. He was always available for questions and never made me feel as if I was being annoying (and for the record I was being annoying!) Jordan was also amazing! He really worked with us on the menu and made several reccomendations based on the feedback we gave him. He asked a lot of questions to get a feel for who are guests were and developed a menu off of that. Rather than just giving us pre-set options to choose from, he really catered to us. He was very flexable. We had a tasting and I was blown away. I tend to never love the dinner course at weddings, and I consider myself to be somewhat of a foodie. This food was amazing and I continue to get compliments from my guests! The cocktail hour was amazing too and the food did not stop coming! The wine selection was great as was the signature drink that Sheldon suggested for us (fresh watermelon martini)The day of my wedding, Sheldons wife, Jane, served as a "lady in waiting" for me. To say she was amazing is an understatement. At first I didnt think she would be necessary because I had a huge bridal party to help out. I was very wrong. She was on top of everything and so sweet. She put me at ease and took care of all the little things so that my bridal party could enjoy themeselves as well. She made sure I had a drink all night, kept track of my bouquet because I kept putting it down, kept the bridal suite cool and stocked with drinks and snacks all night just in case. She was such a big help! I think what I loved most about my experience at MBYC was how I really felt they catered everything around you, and you only. That day I honestly felt like I was getting married in a family members home because the setting felt that personal. I could go on and on about the staff and the high level of service that we had. I highly reccomend Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht club and I would not have changed one thing about my experience!

The perfect place to get married!

Reviewed on 12/09/2010 Lesley D

My husband and I got married at Mamaroneck Beach and Yacht Club on Oct. 2, 2010 and we're still getting compliments on how beautiful and perfect the wedding was. When we went to see the yacht club, we first met with Paul (the Catering Director) who gave us a tour and told us... Read More about the venue. From that point on, he was always there to help us with anything we needed. He and Sheldon (the wedding coordinator) were always available if we had questions and were both such a pleasure to work with. The first thing that I loved about this venue was the beautiful area right on the water to have our wedding ceremony. But also, they have two alternatives for the ceremony in case of bad of which includes a gorgeous deck (also on the water) that is covered by a tent. This was so important to me because I didn't want to have to worry about the weather for months before the wedding. The weather on Oct. 2nd turned out to be perfect so we got married outside in the sun but it was so great to know that our ceremony would be beautiful and protected from the elements no matter what. The day of the wedding, Sheldon was SUCH a big help. He took care of everything including making sure everything was set up exactly the way we wanted (centerpieces, my sand dollar placecards, etc.), making sure the ceremony went smoothly, and making sure the guests were all happy during the reception. The service was great (everyone's wine glass was always full!) and the food was excellent. We sat down with the chef, Jordan, a few months before the wedding and he helped us pick out the perfect menu. Everyone raved about the food! Everything about this place from the views, to the service, to the food, to the people we worked with was perfect. We're so happy we decided to get married here and recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful, stress-free wedding day.