(18)

Banquet/Reception Hall, Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative

PO Box 9433, Salt Lake City, UT

Don't waste your time

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Jamie J

I normally don't write reviews but I feel that my experience could help brides in the future. We visited Millcreek Inn and loved everything about it! We talked with the Manager, Sasan, and walked the venue and decided we wanted our wedding there. Sasan gave us our packet and a form to fill out so we could receive a bid. We submitted the bid form and to our surprise we never heard back. We called several times and always ended up leaving a voicemail or a message with the receptionist. I emailed the information (and forwarded original email) several times. Eventually we gave up. My groom and I were so excited to have our venue there but from our experience and after reading several reviews, we now discourage using Millcreek Inn. I hope you have better luck than we did!

Absolutely lovely, but needed constant communication

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Holly R

I had a lovely and wonderful wedding day at Millcreek Inn. They had questions for me that I had not even thought to ask when we sat to plan. The food was fantastic and the scenery perfect. I was a very relaxed bride, so it was great to have a one-stop vendor for venue, food, and floral. That being said, I know we paid a bit more for the convenience factor. Also be so relaxed, I felt at ease with just "going with it". Not everything was perfect: the sound system for toasts was wonky and not all the guests were told that my husband and I were cutting the cake, but these seemed like details that didn't make or break anything. I also felt like my mother and I had to email a couple of times before we received a response. We only had one contact person, who was absolutely wonderful. She was out of town for a few days a couple weeks before the wedding, and we had questions. Possibly handing off the email responding to someone would have been good, or an out-of-office reply? They also provided a day-of coordinator whom I had never met until that day. She knew what she was doing, but I had to put a lot of trust into someone I hadn't met before. Fortunately, I arrived a bit earlier than planned to the venue on the wedding day and was able to talk to her about what we wanted. This is a wonderful place, but it does come at a cost. They were flexible and very accommodating for my gluten-intolerance. They allowed us to bring our own desserts made by a family friend. For being a long-standing wedding/party venue, you would think their process of communication and appointment-setting would be pretty set. If you are very particular and detail-oriented to a high degree, maybe choose another venue.

Millcreek Wedding, August 2013

Reviewed on 12/09/2013 Ryan P

We had our dream wedding at Millcreek Inn! All the staff were helpful and professional the day we were married. Especially Ali and Rebecca who coordinate the majority of the event. They also gave a great list of recommendations for vendors such as: DJ, Cake, Transportation, florist, videographer, and photographer. The atmosphere is very romantic with lots of beautiful areas to take photographs. The sit down dinner and desert bar provide by Millcreek was delicious! We could not have asked for a better experience!

PLEASE read if you are considering Millcreek Inn

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Pegah D

What is a bride’s worst nightmare? Finding out 10 days before your event that there is an unexpected $3000 that must be paid to the venue-or you don’t have a wedding. That is what happened to me at Millcreek Inn. We picked the venue because it was exactly what we wanted: beautiful and in the canyon. We met with their wedding coordinator 3 months before the wedding to work on some final details. We wanted to do the ceremony and dinner for about 100, and then have 50 more people come for the reception later. For those guests, we would do a cake buffet through the baker which was a cheaper option than paying for dinner for all 150. If this was not a possibility then we would not have those extra guests. She thought it was a great idea, so I sent out the reception invites and ceremony/dinner invites. When it came time to pay the final bill less than 2 wks before the wedding, I was called by the coordinator and told that the owner had seen the bill and blew up. He said that we could NOT do what we had planned and that everyone who came to Millcreek Inn had to have a menu item provided by them. The cheapest option would be an extra $3000.00 for a dessert buffet. I thought surely if I explain to the owner that if this were a requirement (though nowhere in the contract did it say this), his employee guaranteed that I could do the cake buffet. I had already sent the invitations out. If she made an error, then he must pay for the actions of his employee , right? Wrong. We were told “You pay or you don’t have a wedding.” Just like that. It was 10 days before the wedding so we did not have a choice, we had to pay it. In order to afford the extra cost of a dessert buffet I never wanted, I had to compromise many aspects of the wedding, and I still was out over half the extra cost. The owner clearly was not concerned with doing the right thing, only what he could get away with. He had no conscience. On top of everything, the wedding coordinator who we had been working with the entire time, who was even there for the rehearsal, didn’t bother to show up to our wedding and instead sent their backup coordinator without even a word to us. I guess she felt too guilty about what had happened. Then, her replacement left the wedding about an hour before it ended. We had to set everything up for the exit ourselves after we found out from the wait staff that she had taken off. She never even said anything to us about leaving. Millcreek Inn is a beautiful place. But please, learn from my experience and don’t trust them with your big day. They are dishonest and they only care about getting as much money out of you as possible, not about doing the right thing. They only gave me a load of heartache and stress, not the wonderful wedding day I had planned for my whole life.

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Jamie J

Millcreek was the perfect place to have our wedding. The second I saw the venue, I knew it was it. I admit, I had some doubts because I heard reviews of the scary owner, but he was nice when I met with him and he let the wedding coordinator do the work. AND SHE WAS AWESOME. Ali was very accommodating - I'm very detail oriented and had a lot of odd requests and she was able to take it and make it happen. During the wedding ceremony, my centerpieces started falling over from the wind! Ali and the team took initiative to switch them all with vases they had during the ceremony. No one noticed and they looked even more beautiful than before! They are pricey but you get what you pay for. The ambiance, food and natural decor in and of itself is worth it. I highly recommend this place to any bride who wants a natural, elegant, and sophisticated wedding.

September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Nina W

We got married at Millcreek in about a month ago. It was truly the wedding of our dreams! We couldn't have asked for anything better. The entire staff was so quick to respond to all of our emails and answered all of our questions. Ali was such a sweetheart. She made sure that everything flowed PERFECTLY. She even came into the brides room and assisted us in doing my hair after I pulled it out of it's up do, and let it fall for my flower crown hippie look. :-) We used Rebecca, their in house florist, and she did an amazing job. I had an unusual succulent bouquet, and she nailed it! The bar tenders were super, and the food was soooo good. I really wish I could express my gratitude to this team. They hosted the perfect wedding for us. All of our friends and family expressed how much they loved our wedding, and how fun it was. We got married, we ate, we drank, we toasted, we laughed, we cried, and we danced our asses off! We love Millcreek Inn!

Not for Love Nor Money

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Sophia K

Would I select this venue if I could time-travel back some nine months ago--the answer is resoundingly NO. If I were a very wealthy person who could afford to hire a very involved wedding planner to offset the disinterest, flakiness and rudeness of Millcreek's wedding coordinator and if I cared only about the canyon atmosphere and decent food for way too much money, I suppose I might consider it. But to spend the money and attempt to catch all of the ways that Millcreek will make the night difficult for me, I might just as well choose Tuscany or La Caille or even Red Butte and have the thing catered. First, I ordered appetizers and they were not made nor served. As is Millcreek's way, we were told that we might not be accurate in saying that we ordered and paid for the apps. The coordinator, only after being asked to do so, went to one table and apologized for the missing food. She then rushed our dinner in and destroyed the pace of the evening. The appetizers remained on the bill and we were not reimbursed until as the coordinator stated"our business office looks over the receipt." This trend of accusing the customer of being mistaken continued when my wedding topper details went missing. Once it was acknowledged (through our photographer's detail shots) that we had, in fact, had the details on the cake and despite my numerous requests that the smaller pieces be removed before serving the cake, they had not been and had gone missing, been thrown-out or potentially nearly consumed, no real effort was made to find them and absolutely no mention of paying me back for the invaluable loss. A very sentimental and pricey custom-made wedding topper was lost due to the wait staff's unwillingness to be careful with the pieces and careful not to serve the clay pieces to the guests as they are dangerous and inedible. the pieces were served and one portion of the 250+ cake topper was lost. No effort to reimburse or really apologize was made. Though the venue claims that you have until 11, they begin shutting down, looking impatient and according to a number of guests, being rude and unhelpful as if they wish we would be on our way starting at about 9:30 or so. They ran out of utensils and when one guest asked after them, she was met with a less than polite demeanor. Numerous errors were made on the bill and each of those errors worked highly in Millcreek's favor. If you scope out other reviews, this seems to be nearly a manner of practice so if you are brave enough to choose this place, be vigilant about the billing. They will make you pay a non refundable fee initially as well as make you pay IN FULL BEFORE your event. This leaves us little recourse but to spare you the grief that we were not wise enough to spare ourselves. Before submitting the review, I sent Millcreek two emails and one voicemail itemizing these concerns. They addressed only the bare, legal minimum. Anything that they could leave with neither apology nor compensation, they did. The rest they quibbled about. I am feeling very sad about my experience and as an older bride, I waited a long time for this first wedding. I wish I had done more research and heeded the warnings I did see.

All that glitters is not gold

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Judy Z

It’s too bad I didn’t check reviews before I booked a 60th birthday party at Millcreek Inn. When you read in so many reviews that the owner, Sasan, is arrogant and rude, believe it. Today, literally five days before my party, he called out of the blue to scream at me and hang up on me. I run a nonprofit and I work with 3 or 4 venues a year to hold benefits of 100-400 people each. I’ve never encountered such insane customer service. The issue: I had asked his Event Coordinator to adjust their estimated liquor charges down from near $50 p/p which he was insisting be paid in advance. This was to be a pretty staid party, and there was no way my guests were going to drink that much. Sasan told me (before hanging up on me) that if I didn’t want to pay that ridiculous amount in advance, I could cancel. So, I canceled with his Event Coordinator. I’m just thankful this was a birthday party not a wedding! Can you imagine a bride having to crawl back to this abuser a few days before her wedding? In truth, I had a bad feeling from the first moment about this place – lovely as it is. There is a sense of instability, desperation, and perhaps precarious financial management, covered up with a big show of how wonderful they all are. Not a recipe for a lovely party, even in a lovely venue.

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Michelle C

I have been to a handful of events at Millcreek Inn and everytime I am more pleased than the last. My most recent visit to Millcreek Inn was for a wedding. I could not have imagined a more flawless and romantic evening. EVERYONE raved about the food and of course the atmosphere. Everything was taken care of by the staff and coordinator right down to a plate of appetizers and a drink of their choice waiting for the bride and groom after their photos were finished. It is these little things that make this venue so special, along with the obvious beauty of the Canyon itself. The grounds are perfectly manicured and the patio is so romantic. The decor elements were handled by GLASS florals, Millcreek Inn's inhouse floral designer. They complimented the couple as well as the venue perfectly. I look forward to one day planning my own wedding at Millcreek Inn.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Elizabeth M

The staff at Millcreek were incredible from start to finish. Everything flowed so smoothly thanks to them. They bent over backwards to make my day everything I wanted it to be. I loved that they offered suggestions but were always 100% behind the choice I made. They were quick and professional in all of our correspondences. The setting was perfect, the food delicious, and the entire staff was so friendly. I loved everything about this wedding venue and received many comments from guests about how nice it was. Millcreek is a gorgeous, intimate setting, with a majestic view of the mountains. I highly recommend!!!

A Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Tianna M

Millcreek Inn provided a very private and beautiful setting for both my ceremony and reception. The night of my wedding went very smoothly and I had no worries at all. The food was delicious. They also offered a babysitting service for a small fee. The babysitter was fabulous and I am so glad there was someone there to help keep all the children occupied and happy. I have a couple concerns, one was that I felt shuffled around. I met with 3 different consultants because the first 2 had either been fired, laid off, or quit. I was not informed the 1st time and found out only after trying to call the consultant. Make sure that everything is exactly as your initial contract reads. I had a couple of problems with the billing and had to correct a few over charged items. I am sure this is due to the fact that I had met with 3 different people. I was a bit surprised by their estimation of wine (and the cost)and was never given a final amount consumed (therefore never given a refund either). Also, we were charged nearly $400 for a half keg of beer. We bought 2 half kegs and one of them was warm.

Difficult to work with, but they deliver.

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Laura H

My fiance and I had a terrible time working with the staff at Millcreek Inn; however, our wedding day was all but perfect. We had several miscommunications with the staff--our first visit, the staff member was very rushed and all of our questions were dismissed with "We've been doing this for 20 years." On our next visit we realized that all the things she had promised that they provided were extra charge--not a terrible problem, but annoying. We decided to go with Millcreek because the location is extremely scenic and it was within our budget. However, our next visit, there was another big miscommunication about the alcohol pricing. It seemed like everytime we made a decision, we didn't have all the information. For having done this for 20 years, you would think that they would have this communication thing down. Another (small) annoyance was that they were very inflexible with the times they were available to meet to go over wedding details. If you work 9-5pm and don't have a flexible schedule, this place is very difficult to work with. Again, after doing this for 20 years, you would think they would have a better system. Having said that, we were able to straighten things out and get over our hard feelings before the wedding day and it was beautiful! During the day, they were very professional and did a great job. They thought of a lot of details that I never would have (for example, saving a plate of appetizers for the bride and groom since we missed them while we were taking pictures). The small things like that did add up. They also include a day of "wedding planner," who was very helpful on the day of (though difficult to communicate with beforehand).

Get Married here! Beautiful and Relaxing!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Kayla K

I got married here 8/2011 and I planned my entire wedding from California. The people at Millcreek Inn were very helpful. When I need forms they provided them, when I was just anxious and need answers they look my calls and e-mails. They promptly adjusted my invoices as I changed the menu or the guest count. On the day of the event I didn't have to worry about one single thing even though my personal event planner had a family emergency and couldn't attend the whoel wedding. Her preplacement was wonderful and the whole day went smoothly and was timed to perfection. My only complaint and the reason service looses one star is because the bar portion of our contract specified we only wanted a cash bar. The bartender made a mistake and didn't charge anyone for thier drinks. So we ended up footing a bill for half the cost of the alcohol served. Money we didn't plan on spending which was kind of a downer. But over all I would definately have my wedding there again. The food was yummy and prompt and warm. The staff was all helpful and friendly. Save yourself some stress and have your wedding here.

Love this place

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 Ansley B

Millcreek Inn was the perfect place for my reception. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They took care of everything that night, so I could just have fun. The setting is outside surrounded by trees making it cozy. the food tastes great.

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 anne v

great food, great mood, perfect space

Amazing Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Stephanie S

They maintained great contact through out the whole wedding planning. The food was amazing, we received so many complements! They cater to all diets, we had an all vegetarian dinner, and even the meat eaters loved the dinner! They made the whole day run smoothly. Most amazing day ever!

Pretty much ignored my fiance & me

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Michelle C

We scheduled an appointment to meet with the wedding coordinator and arrived about 10 minutes early to the appointment. We waited around in the waiting area for at least an hour while the coordinator spent time with another couple and were basically just told to fill out information and they'd get a price "quote" for us in a few days. We ended up leaving without even being seen. It's a beautiful venue, but not great service by the way we were treated. It also smells like a restroom as soon as you walk in the front door, which doesn't seem very inviting.

So pretty, but such a disappointment

Reviewed on 9/29/2010 Allison G

It was so beautiful, and the food was really good. However, the staff was totally unprofessional, as the wedding date got closer more "fees" kept coming up, they were impossible to get a hold of, they wouldn't follow-up so I would have to call several times. At the wedding they really rushed through everything, the photographer complained because they only gave us 10 minutes to do pictures before they served the food, (which ours was cold because we wanted to get more pictures while people ate). They said there was a groom's area for the men to get ready, which there wasn't so the men got ready outside behind the building.... And they will try to charge a 3% fee for using a credit card which is illegal to do. Also, don't opt for the candle package, no one will even notice them and they'll tell you they set up "towers" with a bunch of tea lights and then they never do, all you're paying for is a few on the tables.

Send Email