MKL Images

Hi there! I'm Mary, the owner of MKL Images- a wedding photography company located in north county San Diego. I'm super friendly, hardworking, and absolutely LOVE weddings! I can't wait to hear all about yours :) contact me for more info- hope to hear from you soon! xx

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Southern California and Destinations Worldwide (760) 271-4079

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Tina M

I can not adequately put into words how incredible Mary is as a person, but even more so as a photographer. She was upbeat, enthusiastic, encouraging and overall just a fabulous person to work with. Our package included engagement photos in which she helped our vision of swanky,... Read More bar shots come to life. She is amazing at what she does. At our wedding, we fell behind timeline wise and yet Mary stayed positive and somehow was able to still capture almost every photo we had requested. Just a few days after our wedding, she posted a few sneak peak photos and we were beyond thrilled with not just the speedy turn-around, but the quality and beauty oh the photos she captured from our day. I can not say enough great things about Mary. If you are a bride, looking for a stress-free, fabulous photographer for your wedding, go with MKL Images. I promise she will not disappoint you :)

2015-10-26T16:34:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO MUCH for this incredible review! You and Ryan were such a joy to work with- seriously dream clients!! I cannot thank you enough for choosing me to be your lucky photographer for such a beautiful wedding, but also writing such a heartfelt... Read Less Read More

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Mallory A

I am blown away by Mary! She's quite simply the best. Our engagement photos turned out amazing! But not only that, Mary is the fantastic because she responds quickly to emails, is easy going but efficient, and loves photography! I found Mary on the knot website and emailed... Read More her to find out more. At the time, I had emailed a few others photographers but after to speaking with them all, Mary was my favorite. She was professional, understood my wedding vision, and made me feel at ease. Mary and I have emailed numerous times since I've hired her as my photographer and she always responds quickly. When it was time for our engagement photos, I was nervous- engagement photos seem awkward to me. As soon as Mary started shooting, she made us feel comfortable. She had several poses for us and I liked them all. Our photos are absolutely beautiful!! I can not wait for our wedding. I know Mary is going to capture our moments perfectly.

2015-10-14T16:29:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much for this stellar review! Working with you was such a blast- I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to me that you took the time to write this for me :) I can't wait for the wedding either!!... Read Less Read More

Amazing genuine photographer

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Kelly C

Wow! I cannot give enough stars for Mary of MKL Images. Mary is such a warm and genuine person, right from the start. She went the extra mile for everything, from our engagement pictures, to coming to view our wedding venue with us. She sat with us and talked to us about what... Read More kind of photos we wanted, who we wanted in them, and the scenery of the venue. She even brought all the little things (invitations, bridal shower favor, etc.) to the wedding, in order to take detail shots! She is professional, and knows exactly what to do. She was quick in getting our photos back to us, and excellent at communicating with us. She was patient and kind, as I asked her many questions, and kept bugging her to see the photos (I was very impatient!!!). You can tell that photography is her passion, as she lit up when planning good shots, and looking at some wedding photos on her camera. Her husband, who is also very kind and talented, joined her on our wedding day as a second photographer. They were both professional, and my husband and I hardly noticed them at all. We had a first look, with great photos, and Mary and her husband were respectful of our privacy while taking images of that powerful moment. Our photos are truly amazing, we couldn't have asked for a better photographer. The best part is that Mary is someone who you instantly want to be friends with. I wouldn't recommend anyone else for this very important moment. My husband and I will continue to use only her, of MKL Images, for any important photo opportunities in the future.

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Rachel N

Alright, you can stop your search NOW! You've found THE BEST photographer you can imagine. I don't say that lightly...because wedding planning and vendor picking is stressful! If you're anything like me, you read the reviews, checked out their pictures, and to be honest, there... Read More are a lot of great options so how on earth could you pick THE one to capture your day?! From the very first message I sent Mary, I was hooked. She has personality for days and has the ability to make you feel like you've known her forever. She promptly answered every question I had in detail through the planning process and she even brought to light things I wouldn't have even thought of. Mary made me feel 100% confident that not only would she capture our most important memories, but she was always open to my suggestions and opinions. Your big day will finally come, and with everything else going a million miles an hour, the last thing you want to worry about are your vendors. Mary was timely, meticulous with her shots of every aspect of our wedding, and beyond loved by all our other vendors. You might also be like me, and have a groom who has a fantastic smile, but the second you put a camera in front of him... other interesting faces appear :P. My husband met Mary the day of our wedding and had the exact same reaction I did...Haven't we known her for years?! She's lighthearted, fun loving and pretty darn hilarious. You can't help but smile around her! Not to mention, we're not all be model's by profession...but in front of Mary's lens, you sure feel like one! Her compliments are genuine and my husband and I could tell the entire day how much she loves what she does. It's hard not to be excited around people like that! Family members having a little too much "fun" to stay attentive for your family pics? No problem. Weather isn't perfect? No problem. Timeline of the day is running behind? No problem. Have a videographer too? No problem. With Mary, you honestly don't have to worry about a thing...she's THAT amazing. We've seen sneak peak pics from our day and they've honestly taken our breath away. We cannot WAIT to see the rest! We only wish we could do it all over again and get to hang out with Mary more ;). Thank you Mary, more than we can ever express with words! <3

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Cindy F

The day my husband (fiancé at the time) and I met Mary we both KNEW she would be our photographer. If you want a day of stress-free fun photography, then Mary is for you! Mary is kind, fully of energy and instantly put my worries and fears at ease. You can tell Mary LOVES what... Read More she does. After the wedding we eagerly awaited our photos..and then just days after we saw the sneak peak. I couldn't contain my excitement!! Now, I look back to the photos daily (they rotate on my computer screen) and I can't help but feel extremely grateful to Mary and all she did for us on our big day.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Lathena W

I found Mary from seeing a friend's wedding pictures. I reached out to Mary and knew the second i spoke with her that she would be my photographer and I couldn't be happier! She was confident and willing to help m e along the way. She was willing to work with my videographer and... Read More even met with us at the venue to go over the game plan. During the day Mary & her assistant were on point; better than my coordinator! Our day was really rushed but we got some great pictures and she was super encouraging the whole time. I loved that she took control of the day to make sure we had everything under control! She also worked very well with my videographer, which was really important to me and I was pleased that they shared the day in a professional way. I am very happy I went with Mary! My entire bridal party complimented me on them and still talked about how amazing and helpful they were. They made the day happen! No doubt about it!! GO WITH MARY! You won't regret it!

2016-12-07T22:18:38 Response from the vendor

OMG!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Your wedding was sooooooo gorgeous and you were such a beautiful bride! Thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet and powerful review- you are THE BEST and fingers crossed on getting your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Rhonda M

From the moment we met Mary to our wedding day, we could not be more impressed! She was not only extremely professional, but she made the entire process fun and exciting. Having your photo taken professionally is usually an awkward and nerve-wracking process but Mary was ready... Read More with direction, poses and sweet compliments throughout the day. I could not have been happier with the photos – each one captured the emotion we felt that day. I HIGHLY recommend Mary and MKL Images to everyone and I can’t wait to work with her again. Thank you, Mary!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lindsey B

Mary is such an amazing photographer! She really has a way of capturing the moment through the lens and making the whole experience enjoyable. I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone. She really exceeded my expectations and made me feel comfortable the entire... Read More time.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Stephanie N

Mary was so great to work with every step of the way! We met her for coffee and knew she was the photographer for us, she was fun and excited and super sweet. She even met up with us at the venue to do a walkthrough to make sure we were all on the same page before the wedding.... Read More She helped me make my timeline (which was harder than you think) and gave me great recommendations for other vendors, like our florist that we also loved! She is professional, but fun and funny :) she kept my husband and I in good spirits and not stressed out. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is getting married, you won't regret it!! She was the best!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Stephanie N

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Bree J

I would definitely recommend Mary. She has a great personality and so easy to work with. We walked the site prior to the wedding and nailed down all the locations we wanted pictures taken and took in all her recommendations. We just received our pictures and they turned out... Read More great, she caught all our details that we incorporated along with our smiles. Thank you Mary we will cherish these forever.<3

2016-10-12T19:43:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO MUCH for taking time to write this stellar review! It was an absolute pleasure working with you both on your gorgeous wedding! xx

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Annie B

Mary is simply the best. She is creative, inspired and fun to work with. She engages everyone in a professional way and makes a special time even better.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Bry P

I'm so happy to have worked with MKL Images for my wedding. Mary is very hard working and personable. I usually hate having my picture taken and was dreading my wedding photos. Mary made it fun and so easy for us. She was very patient and instilled confidence in the nervous... Read More bride (me) and groom. She's a class act and the photographs turned out amazing! I would most definitely recommend her in the future to anyone in need of quality professionalism but also a caring, friendly, and talented photographer

2016-09-05T22:14:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this, kind, thought out, and flattering review! Made me tear up a little to know you were so happy! Thank you so so much! xx

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Mary was so warm and encouraging and professional I was able to be calm and spirited in the photos. But I am NO model, so I loved that she was directive and saw the vision for herself. i just had to go where she told me to and she made me GLOW. Not only have I referred my... Read More best friends to her for maternity and Wedding photos, I will use her FOREVER. The experience was a joy, but the PHOTOS cannot be matched!

2016-09-05T22:13:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you thank you friend!! Such a sweet review!! xx

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Mary is absolutely AMAZING!! She was so fun and easy to work with! She has plenty of photo ideas for people who are less creative like myself. Even my fiancé who HATES taking photos actually enjoyed the engagement photo session. Although the weather was not great when we had... Read More our session, Mary worked her magic and the photos turned out so beautiful! We are always getting compliments on them like, "Wow! I love how your photographer was able to capture your personalities so well in these photos." We cannot wait for her to capture all the memories on our wedding day! :)

2016-08-22T13:04:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO MUCH!! You and your fiancé are such a cute couple with so much personality- it actually made my job pretty easy lol! Can't wait for your wedding! It's right around the corner now!!!! xx

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Staci J

Mary has been such a pleasure to work with. My fiancé and I are getting married in November and have just had our engagement session so far but it was amazing. Mary made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. And the pictures turned out amazing!! We can't wait for the... Read More wedding so we can work with Mary again.

2016-08-21T15:29:43 Response from the vendor

Yay!! Can't wait For the wedding! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for me! I had a great time on our shoot too and am really looking forward to the big day!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Letisha A

Mary is amazing. She is always in such a wonderful mood. She is quick in her responses to email or text to the stressed out bride. Most importantly her work is amazing. I loved my engagement photos I just knew I had to have her shoot my wedding. Very grateful I had her there to... Read More capture such precious moments.

2016-08-21T01:45:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for that wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this for me :) you had an amazing wedding and I was so happy to share in your special day!! xx

Amazing Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

It was a pleasure working with Mary! She was calm and patient with all my guests, and with me. Mary was with us for most of the day, taking pictures before the ceremony, during, and after, until almost the end of the reception. She captured all the family and friend shots... Read More we needed, and we were left with plenty of time for creative, artistic, and romantic shots as well. I didn't realize how lovely they would be until I saw them, Mary really has a great eye for a beautiful shot, and we will treasure the photos. Mary's patience, professionalism, skill, and artistic eye were all deeply appreciated. Everyone who has seen the photos loves them! Mary's photography is highly recommended and I would certainly hire her again.

A+

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Very professional and amazing pictures!!!!

The best there is!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Scott S

From the first time my fiancé and I spoke with Mary, we knew she was the perfect person to capture the moments of our special day. While we haven't quite made it to the big day, we did have an AMAZING experience as she captured our beautiful engagement photos. Mary was able to... Read More make the entire experience feel natural and fun. She took the time to travel with us to two different locations, while working her magic at each spot. The pictures that we got back exceeded our expectations and will be something we cherish forever. If you are in the market for the best there is, look no farther...Mary is the one for you!

2015-10-26T16:38:40 Response from the vendor

Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much for the amazingly kind words! I loved working with you on the engagement shoot and cannot WAIT for the wedding!! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this, I will be forever grateful! Thank you! xx

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 alexis

A friend of ours had Mary do their engagement photos and they were absolutely beautiful!! So as a wedding gift they hired Mary for our wedding, and we were blown away. We had a small wedding at the downtown courthouse.. she captured not only our family and friends but took a... Read More bunch of scenic photos. We met that day and had so much fun! We received our photos within a week, CRAZY right?!? Thanks again for capturing our day!

2015-10-26T16:41:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to write this review! It truly means the world to me! I wish you both love and happiness in your future together- it was such a joy to witness the love and fun you two... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Erika G

Mary and MKL Images are simply the best!! I cannot say enough great things about her. My wedding pictures were nothing short of amazing! I got so many compliments about the photos from not only guest but many people who weren't there but felt like were due to the pictures. The... Read More first time I met her I truly felt like I was meeting with a friend. I already knew I loved the her style from the pictures of her work but meeting with her at my venue sealed the deal. She understood the feel and style of pictures that I liked, we even became friends on Pinterest so that she could see my wedding photography board that I started so she could really understand my vision. I'm a "I know what I like and how I like"kind of girl, ok so maybe a little of a control freak I admit it BUT with Mary I had no problems letting her take the reigns and was so confident in anything and everything she did and asked for during shooting. I never doubted her vision for my wedding pictures and trusted her completely which was a HUGE deal for me. My husband takes very little pictures and I was a bit worried about him taking so many pictures the day of and not knowing what to do or looking too posed in the pictures but Mary did an amazing job of directing him and he looks so handsome and relaxed in all the pictures. We had a pretty rowdy wedding party when it came to paying attention for pictures but she handled them perfectly and you would never be able to tell by looking at the pictures. She was not only extremely professional but constantly checked in with me before and even after the wedding, I truly felt that I had worked with and gained a friend. She is the absolute best and you will not regret working with her that I can PROMISE you. Thank you again Mary for giving me pictures that I LOVE and will be able to look back on and show with pride for a lifetime.

2015-10-26T16:43:47 Response from the vendor

Seriously brought a tear to my eye! Working with you both was such a blast, and your wedding was magazine worthy!! Just so incredibly beautiful- and what a party! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for choosing me to document such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Mary was a wonderful photographer. She made the day easy and fun. We didn't have to worry about our moments being captured because she was right with us the whole day. Our photos were amazing, and will remind us of our special day- thank you so much Mary and MKL Images!

2015-10-26T16:44:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!! It means the world to me!!

Amazing Photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Mary takes beautiful pictures and I love looking through photographs she's taken of bridal shoots and weddings. She is personable, professional, and so much fun to work with. You can tell through all of the work that she puts into her business that wedding photography is one her... Read More passions and that she is dedicated to capturing the special moments of your wedding. I will definitely be using Mary as my photographer when I get married.

2015-10-26T16:44:50 Response from the vendor

Awwww thanks so much!!

Couldn't Be Happier with my Photos and Experience

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Where do I begin...because of my experience with MKL Images, I wouldn't choose any other photographer moving forward. Mary was my photographer for my engagement shoot and wedding. She is easy going yet professional, has a very clear vision, a contagious laugh and has a way of... Read More making you feel comfortable (which is nice for first timers in front of a camera), and makes every moment count. A couple of things I REALLY appreciated while working with Mary was the ideas/poses she had for both occasions and the fact that she welcomed my ideas as well! She is definitely no amateur, and it shows in her thought process and photo results. There's nothing better than being confident in the vendor you choose. I also really enjoyed her attitude. Nothing was impossible and she was willing to trek through a thorny field to get the right shot. I just recently got my photos back from my wedding, and I was so happy with them! There was not a moment she missed and the candid shots she got were some of my favorite! I can't wait to work with her again.

Mary Satterthwaite

Born and raised in sunny southern California, I live in south Oceanside right by the ocean with my wonderful and supportive husband David. I have a passion for working with people, travel, and of course WEDDINGS! I have always been a creative person and have immersed myself in art- whether it be painting/ dance/ jewelry making etc.I found my love of photography after my husband bought me my first DSLR for my birthday and I haven&#39;t put my camera down since :) I can safely say that all of my clients thus far have become great friends, and I wouldn&#39;t have it any other way. Much love xx