Murray Hill Talent

Boston, Newport, Cape Cod, Maine and all of New England

Bands, DJs, ceremony and cocktail musicians

Our company specializes in an elite family of modern, fun & highly skilled DJs that don’t resort to over-talking, game playing or cheesy “cliche wedding DJs” antics. Murray Hill Talent carries $2,000,000 liability insurance and is fully licensed and bonded by the state of Massachusetts. We also represent a diverse roster of ceremony/cocktail musicians, live dance bands, uplighting and many specialty types of entertainment. Our reputation has earned us the honor of being the choice entertainment providers for some of the most discerning clientele, industry professionals and respected venues throughout the Northeast.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

Boston, Newport, Cape Cod, Maine and all of New England (800) 843-2263

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Molly H

My husband and I were blown away by the entire Murray Hill Talent team. They were extremely professional, quick to respond throughout the entire wedding process and made sure our wedding went off without a hitch. We chose Unity, and we sure were glad we did! The entire dance... Read More floor was rocking the entire evening and the band had such great energy. We are so glad we went with Unity even though we didn't get the chance to hear them before our wedding. We are still getting compliments week after the wedding about how good our band was!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Emily S

DJ Marc Anthony was the DJ for our wedding. To say he was absolutely amazing would be an understatement!! He seriously blew us away. Before the wedding we had a call with him, we made a few requests and it completely reiterated to me that we were in great hands. He put together... Read More a special 90's mix of music just for us that played about a min each of various popular songs. He also edited my father daughter song so that it wasn't too long. Then come wedding time, he played the perfect mix of music for the cocktail hour, and for the dance part of the night literally kept us on the dance floor all night long!! My husband and I and most of our guests never even left the dance floor until the night was over. Marc Anthony was incredible, went above and beyond for us, and completely exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend him for any wedding if you want your guests to have a great time!!

2017-01-09T09:03:19 Response from the vendor

Awesome !! So great to hear guys. Thank you again for using our company and Marc

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lorelei M

We selected Murray Hill Talent's band RedLine for our wedding. It was an amazing day and the band had a huge impact on that. They were super easy to coordinate and plan everything ahead of time. The set list they chose was perfect and got everyone out on the dance floor all... Read More night. I highly recommend this band!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kaitlyn K

Murray Hill was wonderful to work with during our planning process. They were responsive and professional and answered all questions that my husband and I threw their way. We had Tom Pendergast, on the acoustic guitar, play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He was amazing!... Read More Tom listened to all of our ideas and was able to play all of the songs that we wanted. DJ Marc Anthony was a pleasure to work with as well. We described our music preferences and specifically stated that we did not want the "usual wedding songs" played and he did a great job picking out music that guests of all ages would love.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Clare K

This band is the absolute best! They are great to work with leading up to the wedding, and made the entire night incredible! They kept everyone dancing, happy and accommodated a few of our random requests (friends singing, special songs, etc.). We were thrilled with everything... Read More and highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Jaclyn H

We hired Closing Time for our July 29th wedding at Sugarbush. Closing time is an amazing band! We got so many complements from our wedding about how great the band was. People didn't leave the dance floor all night. They were super easy to work with, and worked hard to make... Read More sure I was comfortable with the entire outline of the night, customizing it to fit myself and my husband. Two of our engaged friends have already reached out to this band for their own weddings. Selfishly, I hope they get hired as I'd love to see them again!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Lindsay D

We selected Murray Hill Talent for our wedding because of their professionalism and great reviews and it was a great decision. We had DJ Marc Anthony at our cocktail hour and reception and he did a fantastic job! He was so much fun! He had a great personality. We never met him... Read More in person until the wedding day but when we spoke on the phone before, we knew he would be a great addition to our wedding. Our friends and family loved him and his selection of music. Even though we weren’t around for cocktail hour, we were told the music was perfect. Once the reception got going, we all had a blast. Everyone was on the dance floor! Even DJ Marc. Any DJ who can do the ‘Bye Bye Bye’ dance gets two thumbs up for me and all other NSYNC/boy-band fans. We had a few songs and ideas we wanted for our wedding and he took our ideas and ran with it. We put our trust in him and it was well worth it. Everyone had a blast and he helped make that happen.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Jennifer A

Scott Arrington was the perfect DJ for our wedding! We loved when he said that "he's not a game show host" because we've attended some weddings with cheesy DJs and were looking for someone professional and serious about good dance music. Scott was the perfect choice! He took the... Read More time to ask us about our music taste and we completed a list of music we'd like to here and, maybe more importantly, a list of music we did NOT want to hear. Scott totally got our taste in music and we had a blast dancing the night away! Guests are still talking about how amazing our DJ was and we couldn't agree more! I highly recommend Scott for your big day!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Elizabeth C

We selected Closing Time as the band for our wedding and they were amazing! They showed up to set up early. And were more than accommodating to stay late when things started running behind schedule due to unforeseen circumstances. And they were INCREDIBLE! The music selection... Read More and their sound were perfect!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Mack S

Brian Delac was AMAZING. He listened to our requests, but kept our crowd on the dance floor the entire night. Would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Annie P

DJ Christmas played at our afterparty and kept the party going until 1 am! Everyone was dancing (even after hours of dancing at the reception) and he was AMAZING at reading the crowd and being flexible with requests and such. HIGHLY RECOMMEND and we are hugely thankful!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Debbie L

Hired Flipside for April 29th 2017. They were beyond amazing. Great music and vocalists. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night played beyond the time for which they were contracted. Best band I've heard in years!!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Kathryn A

Hands down, the best decision we made was to hire Flipside to perform at our daughter's wedding. If you and your guests love to dance, this is your band. They are top notch professionals, incredibly talented, versatile and high energy. Corin, the band leader, met with the... Read More bride and groom before the wedding to discuss their preferences in detail. He was so easy to work with and learned a new song for their first dance. Corin also played acoustic guitar during cocktail hour. These musicians are amazing! You can tell they love what they do as they put their heart and soul into the music. The reception dance floor was packed the whole night and although my feet ached from dancing, I didn't want the party to end. Two months later, we are still hearing feedback about the best wedding ever.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kristine R

My husband and I got married Friday November 11th, 2016 at Lakeview Pavilion in Foxboro, MA. Being a Norwich Alum, 2-tour Army Veteran and Police Officer, my husband had been suggesting we include the National Anthem somewhere in our Veteran’s Day union. “It’s only appropriate,”... Read More he would say, referring to the several Active Duty & Retired Service Members and Veterans, two of which were in our Wedding Party. I pretended to brush him off. Well, husband, I heard you loud and clear. I reached out to Murray Hill Talent February 2016 to see if, by chance, Rene Rancourt was available to surprise my Super Fan fiance. This was a long shot – obviously, Rene Rancourt is booked YEARS in advance for Veterans Day appearances, right? Well, I no sooner sent the email and I was contacted by Tom Pendergast of Murray Hill Talent – Rene was available! WHAT?!? Immediately, I signed the contract and sent in the deposit. I emailed Rene to let him know the approximate time of his performance & also provided him with contact information in the event he needed help sneaking into the venue’s Bridal Suite. Also in on the surprise were the Lakeview Pavilion Staff, Videographer, Photographer, DJ & a Groomsman with an accessible cell phone, just in case. We were ready to go! Fast forward to the week of our wedding, Rene called me personally to confirm the appearance and details. He arrived on time and in fashion with an American flag tuxedo vest and red shoes. Directly following dinner, my husband and I did our “Thank You” speech for our guests and, at the end, I introduced Rene Rancourt as my husband’s wedding gift. He was fantastic! Rene came out, greeted both my husband and myself and, after a brief introduction, sang the National Anthem as our 200 guests waved American Flags in the air. It was beautiful and the perfect tribute to our Veterans on a day that is also very much about them. Rene stayed and posed for as many pictures as it took to satisfy our guests & vendors, danced with my husband’s mother and grandmother and even sent a video tribute to my sister-in-law’s cousin currently serving overseas. Two months later, we are still hearing about how fantastic Rene was - he was clearly the highlight of the day. We both come from big hockey families and I’m so grateful this surprise worked out as well as it did! Thank you Tom for your help getting this surprise organized and booked. And a HUGE Thank You to Rene Rancourt. You are incredible.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Megan M

We were very disappointed with Murray Hill. Our wedding was this past November and our DJ was Scott. It has taken me this long to write something, because I was still so annoyed with our music for the wedding. We spent months researching for a wedding DJ, looking for a company... Read More that was professional and not gimmicky. We thought we found that with MH, but sadly they did not deliver. It was EXTREMELY difficult to meet with Scott one on one. We requested to have a meet up 1-1 before and after we booked him. (Once he confirmed he was too busy to meet with us before we booked, should have been our first red flag). We booked him for our wedding anyways, after a phone conversation, due to the great reviews we read online. Months went by and after we attempted to meet with before the wedding, we were refused every time. The Monday before our big day we had a phone conversation to go over the music. We explained how music and a fun party atmosphere was the main priority, and to minimize the cliche wedding music. We wanted NO instrumentals, played during dinner and ALL of these requests were NOT met. He played 95% oldies music, which we also requested to not happen. He played “LOVE SHACK”, I mean really?!!!! I asked him to switch up his playlists to get more modern things played, and his response to me was, “You didn’t give me much to work with here”. (We gave him a few do not play artists) He is a DJ and his job is to KNOW and PLAY music and he just fell short. He didn’t even say he was leaving at the end of the night. I was so hurt and disappointed and my guests still talk about how the music was just “OKAY”. If you book with them, my advice is to BE AS SPECIFIC as possible with your playlist. The Good: He was dressed professional, he was on time and did minimal talking during the event.

2017-01-18T13:16:59 Response from the vendor

Hi Megan, I'm sorry you were so unhappy with the music at the event. I felt like I did the best I could. After playing the event, I don't think all the face to face meetings in the world could have made a difference. You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Michael M

Murray Hill Talent was fantastic to work with. Our DJ, Brian Delac, played great music that kept everyone dancing the whole night. Great communication, highly recommended

2016-12-14T12:30:55 Response from the vendor

We're thrilled you had such a great night. We agree, Brian is the real deal!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 T K

We hired Murray Hill Talent as our wedding DJ after a recommendation from a friend who attended a few weddings where people "did not leave the dance floor." It was really important to us that our DJ play a variety of music genres within our preferences and sense the mood and... Read More energy of our guests. Paul was great from beginning to end; he is a consummate professional who reviewed details with us prior to the wedding and did a great job at the event. My 70 y.o. dad had a hard time leaving the dance floor! We highly recommend Murray Hill Talent to any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jamie C

We used Zeke Stern as our DJ, and we were very happy with him! He was punctual, professional, and easy to talk to. We set up a FaceTime chat with him to get to know him and didn't even feel the need to meet him in person before we booked him. He was appropriately dressed and... Read More minimally vocal at the wedding - perfect for us, since we were definitely not looking for someone loud and obnoxious! Great experience, would recommend to anyone looking for a low-key, chill DJ who knows what to play at the right moments.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 S R

We had some fairly unusual music requests for our wedding reception. We knew that some of the music we wanted to have would not be as popular with some of our guests (i.e., extended family and older relatives), so we tried to address the issue by providing our DJ (Nate) with a... Read More large playlist, including a mix of songs we actually wanted played, and some "compromise" songs we thought would be more popular. We gave detailed written instructions on how we wanted this handled. Unfortunately, it seems that we were not all quite on the same page. The cocktail hour and dinner went well. However, after dinner the DJ largely avoided the more personal/unique songs we wanted to hear, and instead largely stuck to our "compromise" songs. I made requests in the moment to try to change the balance of the mix, which the DJ would honor only to immediately revert back to playing mostly compromise material. In the end, we had several guests independently comment to us that they were surprised by the music choices at the reception, both because they are familiar with our tastes (and, in several cases, share them) and know how important music is us. One might chalk this up to miscommunication, which may well be the case. However, when I wanted to touch base with a phone call the week of the wedding, the DJ insisted that he had enough information (and it's true, we did send him detailed notes), and that he would call me "if he had time". In retrospect, I can't help but wonder whether making time for that phone call would have helped us reach a better understanding. One other, arguably minor issue: at the end of the night, the DJ made some comment along the lines of how the whole night was one of the "more interesting" weddings he had worked. At the time it came off to me as somewhat critical/judgmental rather than complimentary, but I decided to not dwell on. However, the next day the bride independently commented to me about the same remark, and in the following week two guests (also independently of one another) commented to me that they had heard the remark and thought it was somewhat inappropriate. We can't help but feel that the DJ was somewhat unhappy with being "stuck" with his assignment, just as we were somewhat unhappy with the results. In summary, it seems that we and the DJ were just not a good fit. My impression is that if you are either not a big "music person" or are a fan or more typical wedding reception music, then this company is a fine choice, and they will probably do a good job of getting people out on the dance floor. However, if you want something more unique or personal, guiding the DJ may be difficult, and you might do better to go elsewhere. Although Murray Hill seemed largely friendly and capable, based on our experience we would not recommend this company to friends or family.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kate M

FlipSide was INCREDIBLE. We have received so many compliments on them and several friends have asked for their contact information. The band absolutely made our wedding a party - every single person was out on the floor dancing all night long. They sounded amazing, were very... Read More easy to work with and played just the right mix of music - from more low key songs during dinner to get up and party songs after we ate. They also played during out cocktail hour. Everything about them was amazing. One thing we did notice was that some of the band members that were actually at our wedding weren't the ones in the videos on the Murray Hill/FlipSide websites. I'm not sure the background there, but we had been expecting an awesome band and we got one. If you want to dance and have fun at your wedding, BOOK THEM!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Jackie S

My husband and I got married on October 8th, 2016 at the Granite Links in Quincy and we cannot say enough about how happy we are with DJ Marc Anthony!! He is the best. We started planning many months in advance and he listened to all of my ideas while providing honest... Read More feedback. He was able to energize the crowd without being cheesy or obnoxious, he has a great personality, knows a ton about music and knows how to make it all come together! As a young girl, I was a HUGE Madonna fan in the 80's. I asked him to put together a Madonna montage with some of her best dance hits from the 80's and he put together an awesome megamix! The dance floor was packed all night and the reviews are in that it was one of the best weddings my guests have been to! Marc Anthony was truly a pleasure to work with. To me, music is the most important part of a wedding to ensure a fun time and he definitely delivered! I booked Marc through Murray Hill Talent who are local to Boston and they were great to deal with as well. They are fair, flexible and attentive. Both Murray Hill Talent and DJ Marc Anthony have my recommendation!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Elyse W

I had such a great experience working with Murray Hill. From the start, we had a great night listening to the bands at the Murray Hill band showcase. It was a fun night, snacking, drinking cocktails and listening to great music. We picked our band, Unity, that night. Working... Read More with Murray Hill was flawless. They answered emails quickly. They are very easy going. The day of my wedding went so smoothly. The band was phenomenal! Everyone said how great they were!! We danced the whole night. We had guests contact us after the wedding to find out the bands info for their upcoming wedding! They made our night memorable! Thank you Murray Hill!!!

2016-11-03T09:34:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such positive words and for using our company !! That was a great wedding !!!! Lets do it again for the 50th anniversary !! http://unitybandboston.com

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Renee R

After reading countless reviews and emailing/talking with a number of vendors, we decided on Cory and Tom with Murray Hill Talent for our September 2016 wedding. I could not have been happier with that decision! Tom was our acoustic guitarist and in addition to being an amazing... Read More musician, he's also a super cool guy. He was so easy to work with and learned our song to play for the recessional. Cory was our DJ and he was amazing as well. I sent him a general outline of songs/genres for my very diverse crowd and he did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed all night! Do yourself a favor and hire Murray Hill Talent!

2016-11-18T07:48:14 Response from the vendor

You guys rule ! Have a great Thanksgiving together as a married couple. Thank you for using us for everything ! www.murrayhilltalent.com

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristen P

Without music, what fun is a wedding? We hired Murray Hilly Talent to DJ and provide uplighting for our wedding on May 20, 2016 at the Wequassett in Harwich and they brought the dance party. We worked with one of the co-founders of the company, Paul Natale. When we talked to... Read More Paul, we knew at once he was going to be the perfect fit for us. He was energetic, professional, understood the overall mood/tone we were going for, and assured us that he was the man for the job. My husband and I didn’t want a DJ with any gimmicks, cute anecdotes, or scripted entertainment. Paul completely understood – assured us that it wasn’t his style, nor was it the style of Murray Hill Talent overall – and worked to help meet all of our requests. We had a lot of questions along the way, and Paul always responded timely with helpful solutions! When we were debating on having uplighting for our reception, Murray Hill Talent provided us with their honest opinion on what we needed for the room, based on their previous experience at our venue. We were able to add uplighting and felt confident that we were never given a “sales pitch” but rather, an honest opinion on what would work for our space. Paul was patient with us when, a few days before the wedding, I was still undecided on the song choice for my Father-Daughter dance. He worked with us to make our intro music (a very specific lineup/mashup of songs) a reality. He even was okay with us having my uncle, a local sports announcer, announce the bridal party in his place. On the day of our wedding – he played an amazing mix of appropriate cocktail hour and dinner music (incorporating all of our favorite bands). When it came down to getting the dance party started – he did not disappoint. The beats flowed endlessly all night – and the dance floor was so packed that at first I was concerned there wasn’t enough room for everyone. It went all night! Paul even stayed for our after party to play an extra hour of music. In person, he was a delight to meet, and truly made our dance party a reality. I would recommend Murray Hill Talent to anyone looking for an absolute amazing time! The uplightling was perfect and illuminated our space just the way we had hoped. It wasn’t too overdone – and the lighting tones we used complimented our décor. THANK YOU, Murray Hill, especially Paul, for everything you did to make our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Heidi B

My husband and I were thrilled with Scott Arrington, who was the DJ at our wedding reception on Cape Cod last month! My husband is African, so we wanted to incorporate music from his country into the reception. Scott was enthusiastic about our request and did a seamless job of... Read More mixing African and Caribbean music with Indian and Latin rhythms and American hip-hop. Thanks to Scott, our dance party was a true representation of the international crowd at our wedding and everyone had a blast! Murray Hill Talent is a great choice and all of their staff were professional and a pleasure to work with. We would recommend them to everyone!