Murray Hill Talent

Boston, Newport, Cape Cod, Maine and all of New England

Bands, DJs, ceremony and cocktail musicians

Our company specializes in an elite family of modern, fun & highly skilled DJs that don’t resort to over-talking, game playing or cheesy “cliche wedding DJs” antics. Murray Hill Talent carries $2,000,000 liability insurance and is fully licensed and bonded by the state of Massachusetts. We also represent a diverse roster of ceremony/cocktail musicians, live dance bands, uplighting and many specialty types of entertainment. Our reputation has earned us the honor of being the choice entertainment providers for some of the most discerning clientele, industry professionals and respected venues throughout the Northeast.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment

Boston, Newport, Cape Cod, Maine and all of New England (800) 843-2263

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Molly H

My husband and I were blown away by the entire Murray Hill Talent team. They were extremely professional, quick to respond throughout the entire wedding process and made sure our wedding went off without a hitch. We chose Unity, and we sure were glad we did! The entire dance... Read More floor was rocking the entire evening and the band had such great energy. We are so glad we went with Unity even though we didn't get the chance to hear them before our wedding. We are still getting compliments week after the wedding about how good our band was!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Emily S

DJ Marc Anthony was the DJ for our wedding. To say he was absolutely amazing would be an understatement!! He seriously blew us away. Before the wedding we had a call with him, we made a few requests and it completely reiterated to me that we were in great hands. He put together... Read More a special 90's mix of music just for us that played about a min each of various popular songs. He also edited my father daughter song so that it wasn't too long. Then come wedding time, he played the perfect mix of music for the cocktail hour, and for the dance part of the night literally kept us on the dance floor all night long!! My husband and I and most of our guests never even left the dance floor until the night was over. Marc Anthony was incredible, went above and beyond for us, and completely exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend him for any wedding if you want your guests to have a great time!!

2017-01-09T09:03:19 Response from the vendor

Awesome !! So great to hear guys. Thank you again for using our company and Marc

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Kristin B

We were so pleased with DJ Scott Arrington’s work at our recent wedding. He was super easy to work with, both during planning and day-of. His announcements were perfectly timed and very professional. One thing we always hated at weddings was when the music was too loud. Scott... Read More did a great job at making sure the volume was perfect for each part of the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. My husband and I even talked about it at our sweetheart table how the music was just loud enough to be heard but you could still very easily talk with those around you. We’d highly recommend Scott and Murray Hill Talent!

2017-11-15T12:17:54 Response from the vendor

Kristin! Thanks so much for the kind words! You guys were so pleasant to spend the evening with! All the best to you both! -Scott

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Kara P

We got married a month ago at Chatham Bars Inn and had Dakeya as our DJ and he was AMAZING. Our friends are still talking about him! He listened to what we wanted and nailed it.....the dance floor was packed from start to finish. He was a pleasure to deal with before the... Read More wedding and the day of. Cannot say enough good things about him. Murray Hill was also very easy and responsive to deal with. Thank you Dakeya and Murray Hill! I would highly recommend.

2017-11-15T12:20:36 Response from the vendor

Hi Kara! Thanks so much for the kind words about Dakeya! He had the same stuff to say about you guys. He said the wedding was awesome! Many thanks for using us for your event and we wish you all the best. -Scott Arrington Account... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Matt D

My wife and I hired Flipside for our recent wedding in Maine. I think I speak for everyone who attended the reception that it was the best decision we could have made. We live in Washington D.C., so we were nervous about hiring a Boston based band without having an opportunity... Read More to hear them in person first. From the planning to the execution, we couldn't be happier with the entire process. I will recommend Murray Hill to anyone looking for a great band for ANY occasion. I cannot imagine a better group of people to help us celebrate our wedding. They are the best!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Alexis T

We were so very happy with the services from Murray Hill Talent. They respond quickly - even when we didn't - and they are very professional. We had Dakeya Christmas as our DJ at our wedding on 10/14 and he was AMAZING. Everyone told us how much they enjoyed the music and all... Read More of their interactions with Dakeya. My husband and I had particular requests for the ceremony and he got them 100% - making sure I walked down the aisle to the song of my dreams. Can't thank him enough for helping to make my day complete, right down to playing Britney Spears for my best friend and I to do our stupid personal dance to. Five stars all the way.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kaitlin Z

We worked with Murray Hill Talent for our wedding in September - and they are absolutely wonderful to work with. We originally started emailing with Cory Harding, who was extremely responsive and helpful. Scott Arrington was our DJ for the night, and he was GREAT! Scott took... Read More the time to meet with us, and was always very responsive when we had questions. We only gave him a little guidance on what we wanted and he completely understood what we were hoping for for the night. The music was exactly what we wanted, and he truly set a great tone for the night. We also had Tom Pendergast (guitarist) for the ceremony and he was amazing. Not only did he do a fantastic job, but he was so helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding. We cannot say enough good things about everyone we worked with at Murray Hill Talent - we are so glad they were a part of our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Mary S

We hired Marc Anthony for our wedding DJ and I could not imagine having anyone else. He understood exactly what we wanted and what would get our friends and family on the dance floor. He was a pleasure to work with and would absolutely recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Tom R

We used DJ Josh Nachbar for our wedding and could not have been happier with our selection! He was very easy to work with and clearly had a deep knowledge of music and how to be a great wedding DJ. He was very open to collaborating with us about the music that we wanted to hear... Read More (and the music we didnt). On the day of, he was flexible with any last minute changes that we wanted to make and helped us pull off a few unique requests that made the day that much more special. He was great with our guests and knew which song requests to play and which to politely decline, both equally important. And most importantly, once dinner was over and the dance floor opened up, he got people out on the dance floor and kept them there all night!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lorelei M

We selected Murray Hill Talent's band RedLine for our wedding. It was an amazing day and the band had a huge impact on that. They were super easy to coordinate and plan everything ahead of time. The set list they chose was perfect and got everyone out on the dance floor all... Read More night. I highly recommend this band!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kaitlyn K

Murray Hill was wonderful to work with during our planning process. They were responsive and professional and answered all questions that my husband and I threw their way. We had Tom Pendergast, on the acoustic guitar, play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He was amazing!... Read More Tom listened to all of our ideas and was able to play all of the songs that we wanted. DJ Marc Anthony was a pleasure to work with as well. We described our music preferences and specifically stated that we did not want the "usual wedding songs" played and he did a great job picking out music that guests of all ages would love.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Clare K

This band is the absolute best! They are great to work with leading up to the wedding, and made the entire night incredible! They kept everyone dancing, happy and accommodated a few of our random requests (friends singing, special songs, etc.). We were thrilled with everything... Read More and highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Jaclyn H

We hired Closing Time for our July 29th wedding at Sugarbush. Closing time is an amazing band! We got so many complements from our wedding about how great the band was. People didn't leave the dance floor all night. They were super easy to work with, and worked hard to make... Read More sure I was comfortable with the entire outline of the night, customizing it to fit myself and my husband. Two of our engaged friends have already reached out to this band for their own weddings. Selfishly, I hope they get hired as I'd love to see them again!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Lindsay D

We selected Murray Hill Talent for our wedding because of their professionalism and great reviews and it was a great decision. We had DJ Marc Anthony at our cocktail hour and reception and he did a fantastic job! He was so much fun! He had a great personality. We never met him... Read More in person until the wedding day but when we spoke on the phone before, we knew he would be a great addition to our wedding. Our friends and family loved him and his selection of music. Even though we weren’t around for cocktail hour, we were told the music was perfect. Once the reception got going, we all had a blast. Everyone was on the dance floor! Even DJ Marc. Any DJ who can do the ‘Bye Bye Bye’ dance gets two thumbs up for me and all other NSYNC/boy-band fans. We had a few songs and ideas we wanted for our wedding and he took our ideas and ran with it. We put our trust in him and it was well worth it. Everyone had a blast and he helped make that happen.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Jennifer A

Scott Arrington was the perfect DJ for our wedding! We loved when he said that "he's not a game show host" because we've attended some weddings with cheesy DJs and were looking for someone professional and serious about good dance music. Scott was the perfect choice! He took the... Read More time to ask us about our music taste and we completed a list of music we'd like to here and, maybe more importantly, a list of music we did NOT want to hear. Scott totally got our taste in music and we had a blast dancing the night away! Guests are still talking about how amazing our DJ was and we couldn't agree more! I highly recommend Scott for your big day!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Elizabeth C

We selected Closing Time as the band for our wedding and they were amazing! They showed up to set up early. And were more than accommodating to stay late when things started running behind schedule due to unforeseen circumstances. And they were INCREDIBLE! The music selection... Read More and their sound were perfect!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Mack S

Brian Delac was AMAZING. He listened to our requests, but kept our crowd on the dance floor the entire night. Would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Annie P

DJ Christmas played at our afterparty and kept the party going until 1 am! Everyone was dancing (even after hours of dancing at the reception) and he was AMAZING at reading the crowd and being flexible with requests and such. HIGHLY RECOMMEND and we are hugely thankful!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Debbie L

Hired Flipside for April 29th 2017. They were beyond amazing. Great music and vocalists. They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night played beyond the time for which they were contracted. Best band I've heard in years!!!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Kathryn A

Hands down, the best decision we made was to hire Flipside to perform at our daughter's wedding. If you and your guests love to dance, this is your band. They are top notch professionals, incredibly talented, versatile and high energy. Corin, the band leader, met with the... Read More bride and groom before the wedding to discuss their preferences in detail. He was so easy to work with and learned a new song for their first dance. Corin also played acoustic guitar during cocktail hour. These musicians are amazing! You can tell they love what they do as they put their heart and soul into the music. The reception dance floor was packed the whole night and although my feet ached from dancing, I didn't want the party to end. Two months later, we are still hearing feedback about the best wedding ever.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kristine R

My husband and I got married Friday November 11th, 2016 at Lakeview Pavilion in Foxboro, MA. Being a Norwich Alum, 2-tour Army Veteran and Police Officer, my husband had been suggesting we include the National Anthem somewhere in our Veteran’s Day union. “It’s only appropriate,”... Read More he would say, referring to the several Active Duty & Retired Service Members and Veterans, two of which were in our Wedding Party. I pretended to brush him off. Well, husband, I heard you loud and clear. I reached out to Murray Hill Talent February 2016 to see if, by chance, Rene Rancourt was available to surprise my Super Fan fiance. This was a long shot – obviously, Rene Rancourt is booked YEARS in advance for Veterans Day appearances, right? Well, I no sooner sent the email and I was contacted by Tom Pendergast of Murray Hill Talent – Rene was available! WHAT?!? Immediately, I signed the contract and sent in the deposit. I emailed Rene to let him know the approximate time of his performance & also provided him with contact information in the event he needed help sneaking into the venue’s Bridal Suite. Also in on the surprise were the Lakeview Pavilion Staff, Videographer, Photographer, DJ & a Groomsman with an accessible cell phone, just in case. We were ready to go! Fast forward to the week of our wedding, Rene called me personally to confirm the appearance and details. He arrived on time and in fashion with an American flag tuxedo vest and red shoes. Directly following dinner, my husband and I did our “Thank You” speech for our guests and, at the end, I introduced Rene Rancourt as my husband’s wedding gift. He was fantastic! Rene came out, greeted both my husband and myself and, after a brief introduction, sang the National Anthem as our 200 guests waved American Flags in the air. It was beautiful and the perfect tribute to our Veterans on a day that is also very much about them. Rene stayed and posed for as many pictures as it took to satisfy our guests & vendors, danced with my husband’s mother and grandmother and even sent a video tribute to my sister-in-law’s cousin currently serving overseas. Two months later, we are still hearing about how fantastic Rene was - he was clearly the highlight of the day. We both come from big hockey families and I’m so grateful this surprise worked out as well as it did! Thank you Tom for your help getting this surprise organized and booked. And a HUGE Thank You to Rene Rancourt. You are incredible.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Megan M

We were very disappointed with Murray Hill. Our wedding was this past November and our DJ was Scott. It has taken me this long to write something, because I was still so annoyed with our music for the wedding. We spent months researching for a wedding DJ, looking for a company... Read More that was professional and not gimmicky. We thought we found that with MH, but sadly they did not deliver. It was EXTREMELY difficult to meet with Scott one on one. We requested to have a meet up 1-1 before and after we booked him. (Once he confirmed he was too busy to meet with us before we booked, should have been our first red flag). We booked him for our wedding anyways, after a phone conversation, due to the great reviews we read online. Months went by and after we attempted to meet with before the wedding, we were refused every time. The Monday before our big day we had a phone conversation to go over the music. We explained how music and a fun party atmosphere was the main priority, and to minimize the cliche wedding music. We wanted NO instrumentals, played during dinner and ALL of these requests were NOT met. He played 95% oldies music, which we also requested to not happen. He played “LOVE SHACK”, I mean really?!!!! I asked him to switch up his playlists to get more modern things played, and his response to me was, “You didn’t give me much to work with here”. (We gave him a few do not play artists) He is a DJ and his job is to KNOW and PLAY music and he just fell short. He didn’t even say he was leaving at the end of the night. I was so hurt and disappointed and my guests still talk about how the music was just “OKAY”. If you book with them, my advice is to BE AS SPECIFIC as possible with your playlist. The Good: He was dressed professional, he was on time and did minimal talking during the event.

2017-01-18T13:16:59 Response from the vendor

Hi Megan, I'm sorry you were so unhappy with the music at the event. I felt like I did the best I could. After playing the event, I don't think all the face to face meetings in the world could have made a difference. You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Michael M

Murray Hill Talent was fantastic to work with. Our DJ, Brian Delac, played great music that kept everyone dancing the whole night. Great communication, highly recommended

2016-12-14T12:30:55 Response from the vendor

We're thrilled you had such a great night. We agree, Brian is the real deal!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 T K

We hired Murray Hill Talent as our wedding DJ after a recommendation from a friend who attended a few weddings where people "did not leave the dance floor." It was really important to us that our DJ play a variety of music genres within our preferences and sense the mood and... Read More energy of our guests. Paul was great from beginning to end; he is a consummate professional who reviewed details with us prior to the wedding and did a great job at the event. My 70 y.o. dad had a hard time leaving the dance floor! We highly recommend Murray Hill Talent to any bride and groom.

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Jamie C

We used Zeke Stern as our DJ, and we were very happy with him! He was punctual, professional, and easy to talk to. We set up a FaceTime chat with him to get to know him and didn't even feel the need to meet him in person before we booked him. He was appropriately dressed and... Read More minimally vocal at the wedding - perfect for us, since we were definitely not looking for someone loud and obnoxious! Great experience, would recommend to anyone looking for a low-key, chill DJ who knows what to play at the right moments.