Book Your Wedding with NOOR

Noor- Premium Event Space is a unique venue located in historic downtown Pasadena, California with a focus on providing couples not just with a lovely venue, but with a fresh and innovative dining experience as well. Noor features two main ballrooms with adjacent patios and foyers, meaning that couples can plan an intimate ceremony to a sprawling reception and still have an elegant and upscale experience.

The Sofia Ballroom is an art nouveau-inspired space that holds up to 330 guests for classy seated receptions. The lush furniture and chic decor make it a unique and sophisticated setting for a unique party.

The Sofia Foyer is another choice. Step through the doors of the Sofia Ballroom and find the intimate and sophisticated foyer. A massive hand-carved wooden bar and art-deco inspired lounge furniture transport you to a more historic time, and the foyer is an ideal setting for guests to rest their feet and sip custom cocktails.

The Sofia Balcony is a private balcony that opens onto views of the San Gabriel Mountains. The balcony features oversized couches and ample furniture for guests, as well as outdoor heaters for winter months.

The Ella Ballroom is a smaller ballroom that accommodates up to 134 guests. The Ella Ballroom is an ornate art-deco space that can be transformed to host memorable ceremonies or elegant receptions.

The Ella Foyer's main focal point is a lavish art-deco bar and crystal chandelier. The ornate room is dripping with charm and sophistication, making it a perfect nook for guests to retreat to when they’ve finished dancing in the Ella Ballroom.

The Ella Patio is a private and tranquil outdoor retreat that features a nearby fountain and sophisticated setup so guests can enjoy cocktails and appetizers while they take a break from wedding festivities.

Noor- Premium Event Space not only has a truly unique and lavish decor, it offers creative and upscale catering to couples who want a memorable wedding. Noor prides itself on sourcing fresh, local ingredients to put together sophisticated menus that enhance the vision of to-be-weds. Couples can choose from menu items including a mashed potato martini bar, sushi station or even fresh crepes prepared on-site by Noor’s acclaimed chefs.

Couples who choose to wed at Noor can do everything in-house. Wedding packages include the venue, all rentals, catering and bar service, and the on-site staff works with to-be-weds to customize the entire experience from food to decor. For couples choosing to hold their reception on Noor Terrace, the rental period is for a maximum of four hours. For outdoor ceremonies, rental includes the 360-degree terrace draping and 100 white chairs for your guests. The venue also offers a Bridal Suite, which can be rented for a period of eight hours on the day of the wedding. Other additional rental options include a Facebook photo booth, silver or gold Chiavari chairs and a white dance floor. Noor offers the convenience of planning a wedding at a major resort or hotel with the charm and personal touch of a smaller venue. The venue has been recognized by institutions including the Action On Film Festival, The Pasadena Bar Association, and UNICEF for the quality and class of the venue and service. Couples who wed at Noor can take advantage of the on-site bridal suite, fully-furnished lounge areas complete with hip furniture, and a bar that boasts premium liquor and signature drinks designed just for them.

In addition to the mouthwatering food and the incredible décor, both the Ella and Sofia Ballrooms also feature state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment that can be used for speeches, toasts and of course, music to keep your guests dancing the night away. Some of the highlights of these audio-visual packages include:

• High definition projectors (One in the Ella Ballroom and two in the Sofia Ballroom)
  • Podium and microphone
  • High quality overhead speakers
  • Three LCD video screens (Sofia Ballroom only)
  • Wireless HDMI connection to the in-house A/V system
  • LED accent lighting
  • Spotlight for Gobo plate
  • Access to custom music playlists

NOOR Events | Venue | Catering

NOOR is Pasadena's Premier event space. Readers of Pasadena Weekly have affirmed our dedication to producing consistently flawless events by voting NOOR “Best of Pasadena” 7 years in a row (2010-2017). To learn more, visit us online at to schedule your Site Tour and create a customized Proposal using our exclusive Cost Estimator. NOOR features two gorgeous indoor ballrooms along with a stunning outdoor space for ceremonies. The Sofia Ballroom, with an art nouveau inspired design, provides an exquisite space for up to 350 guests for seated banquets. The Ella Ballroom, with its art deco design, imparts an atmosphere of elegance for up to 140 guests. From intimate to extravagant, traditional to the unexpected, NOOR is committed to designing an event that is uniquely yours.

Ballroom, City Hall

300 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA (626) 793-4518

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Jessica R

Gorgeous venue located in the heart of Pasadena near city hall with the best service! The moment we walked into Noor we fell in love with the style, location and space. Their prices are reasonable and have everything you need or can think of. They provide the food, beverages,... Read More bar & alcohol, security , bridal suite, photo booth, lighting, cigar station and an assortment of desserts the list goes on. That is honestly what sold us. We loved that they provided so much and we only had to worry about hiring a few other necessary vendors. It took so much stress out of the wedding planning. Noor's staff is exceptional Paige and Bridgette Anne are wonderful. Both sweet, helpful and were always available to answer any questions. The Wedding Day: My husband and I got so many compliments from our guests. They were so impressed with the venue and thought it was beautiful. For cocktail hour we had Mac & cheese bites, grilled cheese with tomato soup, coconut shrimp and Chinese spring rolls. We kept hearing all night about how good the hors d' oeuvre's were. Not to over shadow our dinner selections. People loved the food that many went back for seconds. Everything went so well that day and we owe it all to Noor and their staff. They truly go above and beyond for their clients. We understand now why they have been voted "Best in Pasadena " and deserve all the accolades. Choosing Noor was the best decision we could have ever made and we will forever rave to our friends and family about how wonderful Noor is.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 M M

We chose this venue for how beautiful the reception area is and for being able to build a stage on a fountain to get married on. In the end, I realize we got so much more than that. Before I give you this place a glowing review, I’ll highlight some of the great things up front:... Read More • Picturesque Reception Venue: With a built in-bar, high-end wood floor reception, media and lighting all part of the venue ambiance, this is a perfect venue that is already designed to host an upscale wedding • Beautiful, Enclosed Outdoor Ceremony: The venue is part of Paseo Colorado Mall but you would not guess it when you are inside the ceremony. They have beautiful white shades that cover the wedding ceremony but leave the top open to allow natural sunlight and blue sky to illuminate your wedding • Price: For the size of our party (300 people), Noor provided an excellent price that included 6 hours of premium bar, outside catering, 3 bartenders, 12+ hours of venue site rental, 4+ hours of set-up time, and a host of other accommodations for a price that was better than all its competitors. They even provided a Photo booth and champagne toast on top of everything else • Customer Service Above and Beyond Everything Else: From the sales coordinator, Bridget Ann Shillet, to their event manager, Paige Black, Noor provided excellent service. We didn’t have a wedding coordinator and I can’t tell you how much Paige and Bridget went above their roles and responsibilities to make our wedding happen. I owe a debt of gratitude to them. You will not find a team of people who will help you put on a magical wedding as Noor does. Noor is not a typical choice for an Indian wedding but my wife and I are not typical people. We wanted a venue that can host 300 people, which had a certain style of modernity and class, and be different than a hotel ballroom where we didn’t have to build ambiance with so much decor. My wife and I researched over 40 places and visited 15 of them. Noor was the best one by far. At first we were trepid as we were one of the first Indian weddings the site has hosted (they’ve done Sangeets, engagements, etc.) but not an end-to-end Indian wedding. Paige Black, event space manager, could not have been more accommodating. She helped us with the fire permits for both the wedding ceremony and caterer, saving us on permit costs. She helped coordinate to ensure that we can bring a horse over the bridge for a Baraat. She worked well with all the vendors and coordinate all the pre-wedding tasks. She was responsive, lovely to deal with and had an always positive, can do attitude. Our wedding would not have happened without her. My wedding was done on a budget but from the pictures, you’d think I spent double. That’s because Noor was that beautiful, that well designed and had a staff that ensured our wedding remained as beautiful as our dreams desired. I recommend to anyone who’s thinking about choosing a venue to seek Noor out. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Amanda M

My wife and I had our wedding at Noor on June 10th and it was absolutely wonderful! We worked with Amin throughout the planning and setup and he was so courteous and friendly and easy to work with. We had a million changes as we worked out our budget and what we wanted and he... Read More handled each and every one promptly and patiently. And we had a million changes, because Noor offers so much! Their food is all delicious and they offer so many fun additions to make your event special. We went with a plated dinner: chicken and mushroom ravioli (the ravioli is SO GOOD) or filet mignon and miso salmon, a dessert bar (the little pastries were beautiful and yum!), a mashed potato bar (I didn't get to try because I was too full, but the guests loved it and it was fun!) and a full open bar with upgraded beers (we asked if we could add different beers and they helpfully just asked which ones and made it happen) and a specialty drink (just gave the recipe and again, they made it happen). Noor is the place to book with if you want stellar service and delicious food. They are amazing! Big big thanks again to Amin for being so great!

Reviewed on 2/25/2018 Natalia C

It’s been about a week since we had our wedding (ceremony, and reception) at Noor and we could not be happier with our entire experience. From the very beginning at our venue tour with Robert (owner), to the several days after our wedding with our amazing day of event... Read More coordinator/event manager, Amin. At the first visit with Robert, he was so easy going, upfront, and honest about the venue services and costs. We did not feel pressured to commit that day or add on every extra add-on or cost for our wedding. Later, for our first meeting with Noor we felt very impressed with Amin’s friendliness and professionalism. He answered all of questions at the meeting and responded to questions via email in a timely manner. During the final meeting Amin was very cordial to our videographer, who joined us to get a lay of the land. This meeting, Amin guided us through our wedding timeline and answered our videographer’s questions; his attention to detail with certain needs was perfect. He even asked us a few things about our timeline that we had not even thought about. This little paragraph is a shout out to the main man with the plan behind the scenes. We loved every second of our wedding at Noor. Amin absolutely slammed this thing out of the park, what more can you ask for out of this guy. Throughout the whole process he truly cared about our big day, and it was evident in all the detail. This would not have been possible without the support of an awesome, experienced, and caring day of coordinator. He even showed us the ballroom for approval of the setup before guests entered form the foyer after cocktail hour. That was unexpected to view our wedding reception prior and we were grateful for the considerate gesture. Also, poor Amin even gracefully handled answering demanding questions from one of our mothers before the wedding and dealt with a drunk headstrong godmother during the wedding. We received so many compliments about the delicious duet plate; miso salmon and filet mignon. Relatives who never ate fish, ate the salmon and my mother who hardly eats red meat devoured her filet mignon. So, hats off to the chefs for the amazingly delicious meal, and thank you. After the wedding, there was precious cargo left at Noor, and they were happy to safe guard our belongings until we were able to come pick them up 4 days later. This was so helpful because we did not have enough room the day of the wedding to pack everything into our car. In conclusion, if you have not figured out from this novel-sized review, we would 10/10 recommend Noor to anyone looking for a brilliantly assembled, memorable, enjoyable wedding! PS FYI we had 200 guests at our wedding and never did it feel crowded.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Josephine L

My husband and I just had our wedding reception at Noor, and it was everything we had wanted and more! The Sofia ballroom is absolutely beautiful, and the food was delicious. Even the pickiest eaters could not stop praising how delicious the food was. Our event manager was... Read More Amin, and he was amazing. He walked us through all of our questions and helped execute all of the details we wanted for our big day. Even though we had issues with some other vendors, Amin came through and helped us fix the issue and even lent us a cake topper, when our florist failed to deliver ours. The wait staff were all so nice and accommodating, and I loved that there was security to make sure our event was private. I highly recommend Noor for its beautiful venue, great food, and amazing service.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Dana L

What a gorgeous venue! We had both our ceremony and reception at NOOR and were absolutely stunned with how everything turned out! Needless to say, our guests were very pleased with the food and bar service they all received! Thank you to Amin for being such an awesome venue... Read More coordinator throughout the process; worked well with my coordinator and of course myself through all the changes! Highly recommend NOOR!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Jessica N

Noor was an amazing wedding venue for our mid-July wedding. They were more than accommodating in the planning process and the night of the event. Thank you Robert and Amin! Your staff and venue really made our wedding magical.

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Ruth M

Bridget Ann and Paige are the girls you want to work with! From the initial meeting with them they provide excellent service, quickly respond to emails, and assist you throughout your entire planning experience. If your looking for outstanding service and someone that pays... Read More attention to detail these are your girls.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Annabel C

I recently had my wedding at Noor. Everything was beautiful! I absolutely recommend Noor to anyone who is looking for an elegant, trendy & classy wedding venue! All of the staff are so professional! They made us feel extra special making sure we had everything we needed. A... Read More special thank you to Bridget Ann and Paige, who made my planning stress free!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Anne M

My husband and I had our wedding at Noor on July 2nd, and from start to finish, they made sure our entire experience resulted in the most memorable day of our lives to date. Our Noor event coordinators was very helpful and worked well with our day-of coordinator to ensure the... Read More venue and our vendors had everything they needed to ensure the day ran smoothly. The customer service from the food tasting, to the walk-through, rehearsal and day-of is top notch- their staff was only a phone call away if we had any questions from anything from the floorplans to the uplighting, you name it, they had it covered. The thing we loved most about Noor is that you can have an elegant wedding in one room, our ceremony was converted into a lovely reception area and the food was a hit with guests. Our vendors already knew "NOOR" and were happy to come back to work there. Can't thank them enough for pouring their hearts into every detail. Highly recommend for those looking for a full-service venue for ANY event.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Mayra K

From the moment we talked into Noor I knew that was the place I wanted to have my reception in. The space is beautiful! a lot of natural light, great dancing area. Robert is the best, he explained everything to us in great detail, answered all of our questions. Our day of... Read More coordinator was Amid, he was a pleasure to work with! I did not worry about anything on my wedding day. He took care of everything! Noor pays attention to even the smallest details. Love how attentive they are. My husband and I absolutely loved our wedding day! Thanks Noor! Thank you for being by our side and helping us have the best day!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Leah A

My husband and I got married at Noor in May with almost 300 guests and there wasn't one bad review from one guest! Our family and friends are still talking about the amazing food and how beautiful the space was. We had our ceremony outside in the gazebo and the party in the... Read More Sofia Ballroom. The staff at Noor is also fabulous with a special shout out to Amin for all his hard work and attention to every detail! We are so so happy we chose Noor to host our celebration!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Parisa A

Paige the event manager, completely ruined the night for me and my family. One example is how she disrespected my mom and aunt when we were running behind schedule and it was getting close to the end time of the event. I don't know how any of that was their fault and why she... Read More needed to be rude about it. She approached me as it was getting close to 1am and asked if I wanted to extend the time to 130am and I gave her the okay. The credit card we put on file months before no longer worked because it was lost and we replaced it with another, and with a million things to do before the wedding I forgot to replace the one I had on file with the new card. So as soon as it declined she approached my mom and in front of our guests tells her that the credit card declined, and to get her new card right away. My mom was so embarrassed in front of our guests as anyone would be, but clearly the only thing on Paige's mind was making sure she got the extra $500 for the half hour at that very moment. My mom kindly asked her if she could give her the new card after the wedding was over because her purse was in the Noor bridal suite which is further away from the venue. It would have been inconvenient for her to leave the venue to get her credit card especially with a half hour left. But Paige threw a tantrum, and my coordinator who also thought she was extremely rude that night, had to calm her down and asked her to wait until the wedding was over. This would have been the sensible thing to do than to bother the brides mother. My poor mom was really shocked by how she was treated. If I could go back I would have chosen a different venue for my wedding. For what you end up paying, just pay a couple thousand more and have your wedding at the Hilton or somewhere nicer that actually values good customer service. It's really not worth it at all, especially with the disrespect you'll likely have to deal with like we did on our wedding night. If anyone wants more details on our experience before making a decision to book this venue just send me a message and I'll be happy to share.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Ashley G

Noor was absolutely fantastic. My husband and I planned our wedding with them in less than 5 months. Their ability to communicate (and in a timely manner) was impeccable. They absolutely went above and beyond any expectations I could have had. If I had it to do over I would... Read More have used them all over again. The food was absolutely incredible. I have honestly never had such amazing wedding food and received so many compliments from my guests. Our vendors also had fantastic things to say while they were dealing with the venue day of the wedding and even prior. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Zachary G

We held our wedding in the Ella ballroom on 11/4/16 and I can't say enough great things about this venue and their staff. This was the first venue my wife and I visited and from our first meeting with Robert, we were pretty well convinced this was the place. They were open about... Read More their prices (no hidden fees) and what all was included and they are amazingly organized and made setting up our day breeze. We got so many glowing reviews of how elegant and beautiful the venue was and I can't thank Robert, Amin, and their whole team enough.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Melanie S

We got married at Noor on Septmeber 30, 2016 and it was everything I could've asked for and more! The staff was wonderful and made the planning such a breeze. Bridget Ann and Paige were always so ready to assist me with any questions and helped me stay on track with information... Read More that I needed to provide for them. If you want a beautiful wedding with a blissful planning process Noor is the place to go.

Amazing service and beautiful space

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Bo C

So many positive things to say about Noor, where to start? First of all the entire staff is wonderful. We worked mostly with Bridget Ann throughout the process and she was extremely helpful and easy to work with. They are very detailed and specific about every associated cost so... Read More there are no surprises (something we didn't necessarily see at other venues), they are super responsive to any questions that come up along the way, they provide great suggestions for how to make the event even more special, and on the day-of they are there for you at the drop of a dime without being in the way. The space is absolutely beautiful, it hardly even needs decoration. I can't thank them enough for consistently being so easy to work with through all the crazy and scary planning months. They won't let you go wrong! Also the value is excellent, worth every penny and more.

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Sergio V

We just had our wedding at NOOR and it was great. Everything was perfect. The best thing about NOOR is that everything was included in one package: venue, rentals, catering and drinks. That made the organization super easy. The other great thing about NOOR is that everyone there... Read More is super friendly and responsive. Robert, the owner, who worked with us, is super nice and was extremely accommodating, helping us setting-up the wedding exactly how we wanted it (many places don't do that!) in terms of decor, food, organization and drinks from the first to the last day. He was always available even when we called him or emailed him at the craziest hours with the most weird requests... The day of the wedding everything looked immaculate. The organization and the service were impeccable. The food was great, of great quality, prepared well, and abundant (so were the drinks...). Everything went very smooth. Considering the service we received, we had a great value for our wedding. Everyone enjoyed the food, the venue and the party, including us! Thanks NOOR!

Overall great

Reviewed on 3/04/2015 Laressa B

As far as the wedding itself, I would hands down give NOOR 5 stars. The day of was perfect. The food was incredible, the service was great and the venue itself is very cute and has a nice bar area and outdoor balcony which overlooks Pasadena city hall. All my guests loved it and... Read More both my husband and I were very happy with how amazing our actual wedding was. The one star is deducted for service prior to the wedding. If you are considering this venue be aware that they are not always great communicators. That was consistently our biggest problem. Before you sign on for this venue, try to get all your questions answered, read your contract carefully and get everything in writing. Overall they put together a beautiful wedding.

beyond happy with my experience!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Veronica g

THE BEST! LAVISH, HIP, SLEEK VENUE! I recently had my wedding at the Noor, (June 16 2014). The business is owned by an Amazingly warm and down to earth couple. We had the pleasure of working with Robert, I loved him he was absolutely amazing and extremely helpful. He gave us... Read More the VIP treatment and made my family and myself feel like we were part of his family. As for the staff... Unbelievable!!! They went above and beyond and share the same love and passion for the job as the owners do! (Which is very rare) my guest were completely shocked how amazing and attentive they were. As for the food.. Sooo freakin delish!! We had a food tasting which let us customize our food choices. We had the seared chicken breast with citrus sauce veggies and mashed potatoes for dinner, Caesar salad. And of course appetizers. Everything hot and ready to serve, and beyond delish. Normally cooking for large groups of people can be favor less.. But not here! As for the location.. Best location ever!!! It's in the heart of old town Pasadena! Right on Colorado street, What more can you ask for! The ballrooms are elegant lavish sexy young hip stylish! I loved my venue! All together Noor was an amazing! I wouldn't change a single thing! Robert you and your staff are freakin awesome thank you a million times for making my day so special for me and my family!

The Best Place To Get Married

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Alexandra S

To brides and grooms; this venue is absolutely beautiful. There is a space outside that they cover with a huge white drape for privacy and you have your ceremony around a small fountain. The venue rooms where you have your reception are clean and sheek looking, with lighting... Read More on the walls to set the mood. But most important is that they take care of you. They have an enormous number of staff members that are there for your every need. There is nothing that they didn't help take care of. The have a beautiful foyer where the guest have drinks and chat. I would have any future events thrown here and will recommended to any bride to consider this place. Our venue coordinator was amazing. His name is Amin and he is extremely nice and patient. They throw weddings every weekend but he makes you feel like yours is the most important one he is organizing. Thank you Amin for your patience. Thank you Robert (owner) for your kindness. Thank you Noor for the memories.

Our wedding =)

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Anna M

There is not one word to describe Nora however, if it came down to choose one word it would have to be amazing. She manage to turn chaos into something beautiful and unforgettable. Thanks to Nora my special day was completely stress free. Not only did she stay for most of my... Read More wedding but she left me with an amazing crew and crew manager Garik and Hamid. Hands down Nora is number one for any of my future events. It was a pleasure working with her and her stunning banquet hall Noor Ella.

My Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/21/2012 Erika S

The staff was extremely attentive and handled our wedding flawlessly. The food was delicious and presented well. Our guests were very impressed with our venue and we were very happy with the overall presentation of everything.

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 Gerardo Z

We couldn't have been happier with our venue there. And, the people are so friendly and they have amazing service. Our guests could not stop raving about the food, the gorgeous ballroom, and the service they received at our event.

Pasadena Bride

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Jenny C

Noor Pasadena is an amazingly beautiful venue! I had both my wedding ceremony and reception here - the ceremony in the Noor Terrace and the reception in the Noor Sofia Ballroom. Both were stunning! We worked directly with one of the owners, Robert and received great service.... Read More Robert was incredibly prompt when responding to all e-mails and phone calls. He was very flexible and helped ensure every detail of my wedding vision was executed. My husband and I created a custom menu which turned out a million times better than we could have ever expected. Head chef, Anthony, was wonderful! Our guests raved about the food. A couple of downsides: the Noor Terrace is beautiful, but it is a public space. We had draping around the entire perimeter, but there was a lot of noise from the surrounding restaurants. We were double booked for our ceremony time and ended up having to change our time. The venue was as accommodating as possible, but this was very frustrating none the less. Be specific with contract details when signing.

Robert Shahnazarian

Chief Event Producer for NOOR, Mr. Shahnazarian has over 15 years of experience in the entertainment industry as well and 10 years in the hospitality industry. His career includes over 15 years of employment at Sony Music, where he worked with numerous Grammy Award wining artists including Taylor Swift, Train, John Legend and many others. He holds a B.A. in Communication from Pepperdine as well as an M.B.A from Pepperdine University | Graziadio School of Business and Management. Mr. Shahnazarian's events are imbued with a focus on food, entertainment, tradition and attention to detail.