Cuisine

American, Italian, Latin American, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

2201 N HOWARD AVE, TAMPA, FL (813) 251-8225

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Tracy R

Not only was Olympia easy to work with, but they did everything 100%. I worked closely with Nancy Cotto to nail down my menu. We were given the royal treatment during the food tasting-- and I was delighted to learn they do late night snacks in addition to their extensive menu. I... Read More had a separate appointment with Debbie to discuss the cake. We were able to try our choices for a second time as we browsed cake designs. She listened to me word for word, as the cake turned into my vision completely! I would recommend Olympia to any future brides :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Jade L

Working with Nancy was such an immense pleasure. The tasting was fun and intimate (nothing like those giant group tastings you find some places). The food exceeded my expectations and on our wedding day all the guests commented on the delicious meal! The food was prompt for our... Read More guests and each course was hot and plated beautifully. Debbie, who we worked with for our cake, did a beautiful job! We brought a photo for inspiration and my expectations were exceeded again on our wedding day; the cake was so much better than the photo and it tasted great! Such a success and I would recommend Olympia to anyone!

2017-02-08T07:04:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled you enjoyed everything and wish you happiness in your new marriage!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Meagan A

Olympia Catering is simply the best! From our food tasting, to our cake tasting, to the wedding day, everything was fantastic! The food at our wedding was absolutely delicious and fresh! Our guests complemented the catering and how scrumptious everything was! Our cake was... Read More absolutely stunning and the flavors were awesome! Sherri and Debbie were such a pleasure to work with. They accommodated all of our needs and were so friendly and professional.

2017-02-08T07:06:20 Response from the vendor

Wonderful to hear! We're so glad you enjoyed everything. Thank you for having us, we wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Megan B

Olympia Catering did a phenomenal job on the food and cake at our wedding! Everyone commented on how amazing the food was which is such a relief to hear because it's a main part of the reception. I wish that my husband and I had more of an appetite the day of so we could... Read More actually try it all. I worked with Sherri to set up our menu and go through the tastings. She was extremely nice and helpful. My only complaint would be that most of our guests said that they did not even get a piece of the cake (which was delicious btw). They did not pass it out and simply set slices on the buffet table in the back of the room. I didn't even notice it was back there until the end of the night. I was disappointed that we paid for a cake the our guests didn't get to enjoy. Just a tip to make sure people get a piece because it really is one of the best cakes!

2017-02-08T07:13:43 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you enjoyed the food and thank you for taking the time to write a review! We take your feedback very seriously and checked with your dedicated event supervisor regarding the cake. When guests are out on the dance floor after cake... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Cristina S

Olympia Catering was the exclusive vendor for the MFA in St. Petersburg. Nancy was very nice in our first meeting and to my knowledge, was responsive with our wedding planner. The food tasting was amazing! My husband and I were blown away! The day of, the food was still awesome... Read More but nothing compares to that tasting! We also worked with Olympia for our wedding cake. Debbie was very nice and even though I didn't get to taste the cake, my husband raved about how delicious it was. They could not accommodate my request for a gluten free tier, but our guests said the cake was great! The cake was beautiful, and with some added flowers from our florist, it was just what I envisioned! Day of, the service was impeccable! The banquet servers were professional and kept everything in order! I would recommend them for sure!

2017-02-08T07:15:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled you had a wonderful wedding day and that you enjoyed our professional service. Thank you for celebrating with us at the MFA and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Ivana D

Where to even begin…my fiancé and I booked our wedding with the Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg where Olympia is the official catering partner. We booked the venue because we were in love with the setting. Little did we know that we would find one of the best catering... Read More companies in Tampa Bay by doing so! We worked closely with Nancy Cotto who was very helpful in giving us all of the information we needed and providing timely answers to our questions throughout the wedding planning process. She was so quick to respond each time we had an inquiry and this was absolutely invaluable. The food was absolutely delicious and our guests raved about everything from the appetizers to the late-night snack! We chose a set plated menu including steak and mahi-mahi for the dinner at our wedding. The meals came out on time and were very well prepared and presented. I wanted to specifically mention Olympia’s incredible team as a whole. The team that worked our event was beyond professional and accommodating and they worked together to make our event spectacular. We were more impressed by them than anything else. The banquet captain was Tata, whose hard work and leadership made our evening seamless. The Olympia bakery made our wedding cake, which was one of the best I’ve ever tasted. We met with Debbie, the cake specialist, to choose our flavors (they had quite the selection available) and design our cake. We went with a simple white three-layer cake which our florist decorated with fresh flowers, but I saw many options from this bakery and there doesn’t seem to be much they can’t do. We loved our cake! Overall, we had nothing but the best impressions during and after our event. A wedding is one of the biggest and most important days in a couple's life and Olympia clearly acknowledges that and treats your big day like it is the biggest event of theirs as well, making sure each detail is taken care of to perfection. This is what really stood out with this group and everyone at the Museum of Fine Arts for us!

2017-02-08T07:17:10 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review us! We are so glad you enjoyed our food, cake, and service! Thank you for trusting us with your big day and best wishes to you!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Ashley A

Nancy was amazing! She answered all my questions and then some. The food was amazing and the staff was very nice and professional. Only thing I would state is that, you don't get your leftovers. We had some people not show up to the wedding, and we had ordered them meals, at the... Read More end of the night, they told my wedding planner that all the meals where served, which in fact was not true.

2017-02-08T07:23:10 Response from the vendor

We're so glad that your food and staff was amazing! We appreciate you trusting us for your big day! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. Due to Health Department Regulations, it is a part of our policy that we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Meredith B

They were wonderful. The food was amazing! We chose stations for our wedding and every option was delicious (beef, seafood pasta, fajitas, cold seafood). Everyone at our wedding said "this food is the best!" Highly recommend!

2017-02-08T07:27:14 Response from the vendor

Wonderful, we often hear "our food is the best" and it's so great to hear again! Thank you for celebrating with us on your big day. Much happiness to you and Corry!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Genine M

Working with Donna Aguis was an absolute pleasure! From the moment my husband and I arrived at the first tasting, I knew there was something special about Olympia Catering. The staff was friendly and Donna proved to be very knowledgable of the menu options. I think I bonded so... Read More well with Donna because she is very organized and detailed (like myself lol)! Once we tried the delicious food and learned that the wedding cake was included with the catering, we were sold! It was such a relief to have the cake included and to not worry about hiring another vendor. The cake designer, Debbie, was also wonderful to work with! She was prompt in responding to emails and very helpful in designing our beautiful cake. I showed Debbie pictures of cake designs and also requested a special icing flavor that was not offered on the menu. Our flavors were white chocolate icing with white cake and a chocolate raspberry filling. Debbie provided a sample mini cake with our flavors to ensure we liked the flavors before the wedding. Debbie and her team made the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake I have ever seen and tasted! For our food, we selected four passed hors d'oeuvres and the buffet option with two entrees. On the day of our wedding, our guest kept complimenting us on the food throughout the evening! To this day, I'm still receiving compliments about how awesome our food and cake tasted. I really appreciated Donna's efforts in staying within our budget and providing surprise gifts the day of our wedding! If you are looking for high quality food and work with amazing people, go with Olympia Catering. Donna, thanks again for making our day wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

Olympia Catering and Donna Aguis were an absolute dream to work with and made my wedding day perfect and stress free. From start to finish, Donna went above and beyond answering questions and getting me get to a price point I was comfortable with, and she was beyond patient... Read More guiding me on selecting the perfect menu for our guests. OUR GUESTS RAVED about the food and service. Olympia was extremely accommodating with our gluten free, dairy free and vegetarians too. Donna made the whole process easy, especially when I realized I would need linens at the 11th hour, she kept it stress free. She even helped me select certain parts of my centerpieces when I couldn't decide and helped me find options. By the time my wedding day came I had such confidence in her, I told her to use her judgement on what to do with certain decorations, sign in, and cake tables- and they looked perfect. The decor they provided on the coffee bar and buffet was stunning and was a complete delight/surprise. My cake was picture perfect and exactly like the photo I provided. The staff was so attentive for my groom and I with drinks and food, neither of us were ever taken away from each other or our guests. If you are looking for an amazing caterer who will take care of everything, HIGHLY recommend Olympia and Donna. Worth every single penny. I still have people talking about how great they were. The devil is in the details, I am so grateful while working full time and traveling non-stop while planning a wedding, I had someone who I could trust to not miss and guide me through every one of them. Thank you Donna and Olympia!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016

Olympia Catering provided exceptional service for our event. The event coordinator, Donna Aguis, was a pleasure to work with and organized a superior catering service. The on-site team was right on-point! They prepared very tasty hors d'oeuvre and set-up beautiful food and... Read More floral presentations. You couldn't tell the event was catered after their thorough clean-up.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016

Olympia Catering is wonderful and I highly recommend them! Sherri was very helpful as I worked to plan my daughters wedding. The service was excellent and the everyone talked about how great the food was. Though they were the contracted provided with the venue we chose, if... Read More I could do it all again - I would definitely choose them again. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Brittany C

Olympia was the caterer that was contracted with our venue, but if given the choice, I'd choose them a thousand times over. Our servers were so thoughtful-- a woman even brought my husband his own serving of seafood from the raw bar. The raw bar had been what he was most... Read More excited about, and they wanted to make sure he'd gotten enough. That is above and beyond. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious. The steak was the quality of a prime steakhouse, and the fish was also top-notch. And the cake was so good, my husband wants to order one for our anniversary.

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Kim F

Where to begin?! We knew from the beginning that we wanted our wedding venue to be the Museum of Fine Arts in Downtown St. Pete - we expected it to be good but never in a million years expected the insane level of service and love we received from MFA staff, Olympia Catering,... Read More Bar by Lundys, Everence Photography, Wonderland Floral Art, Style Hair and Makeup, Courtesy Valet and Graingertainment. We were especially lucky that we made the decision to hire Nancy Cotto, from Olympia Catering working exclusively for the museum, as our day of coordinator. She was absolutely amazing and went completely above and beyond our expectations. Nancy kept a constant open line of communication up until the day of the wedding and totally exceeded our expectations when it came to our wedding day - some items were even a special surprise that she arranged to make our day extra awesome! The food from Olympia was delicious! And not only was our cake the most gorgeous cake ever, we received many compliments as to how good it tasted. We couldn't be more blessed to have the most amazing vendors as a part of our day - thank you a million times over for everything!!!! -Kim and Rob Schultz

Catering

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Jillian T

Olympia Catering was excellent! For our wedding, we decided on having the dual entree plated dinner. We received so many compliments telling us it was the best wedding food everyone has ever tasted. The banquet manager was amazing. She was very attentive and always made sure... Read More the groom and I had everything we needed at all times. I would definitely recommend Olympia Catering for your wedding - they were great.

Olympia Catering is FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015

My daughter and I would highly recommend Olympia catering. Taryn was amazing to work with and was so helpful during this whole process! The food and desserts were delicious and everyone who attended agreed! Taryn ensured that the staff onsite took care of all my needs as well as... Read More all of our guests.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Chantelle J

​My husband, Andrew and I had our wedding at the Kapok Special Events on 10/18/2015 and we were VERY satisfied with Olympia Catering and their amazing cake maker Debbie Aaron . From the start Sheri was prompt to answer all of our questions throughout the whole process. She was... Read More extremely personable and easy to talk to. I was really impressed on how Debbie was able to reflect the EXACT vision I was wanting for my wedding cake and how quickly she would respond to reassure me that the cake was going to be perfect. DEBBIE WAS RIGHT!! Everything was GORGEOUS because of this talented woman!! The cake was even BETTER then I could have imagined. Debbie knows exactly what each of her Brides need and want on the most important day of their lives. The food selection and quality that Olympia has to offer was OUTSTANDING!! Not to mention, the catering service itself was fantastic as well. The team was on top of everything and right on schedule. That being said, Andrew and I HIGHLY recommend Olympia Catering & Events to any couple who is finding themselves sifting through all the Catering Companies out there offering their services......ESPECIALLY if you are looking for quality food and service. I PROMISE that you will be VERY pleased with Olympia Catering & Events and their cake maker Debbie Aaron, as your caterer and the beautiful cake that Debbie creates. As the Bride, I felt very grateful and blessed to have found this company because they are TRULY AMAZING!! :0)

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Laura C

Olympia Catering did an amazing job at our recent wedding with both the Wedding Cake and the Grooms Cake! I worked directly with Debbie and she has clearly been there for years and has invaluable experience with cakes, events, and weddings. We had a tasting that included my... Read More Mother and Grandmother, as well as several other meetings where we pored over Pinterest pictures and tweaked my ideas into a beautiful finished product. She was great about guiding us in design, color, and overall aesthetic of our cake and it came out wonderful! The flavors of the cake and filling were of great quality, the icing was delicious (as opposed to the fake sugar taste of fondant,) and the designs were exactly what I pictured. The cake design was elegant and we were also able to rent the perfect cake stand from Olympia. It was like one that I had seen in a magazine and couldn't find anywhere else. Because of such a great experience planning our Wedding Cake there, I decided to use them for the Grooms Cake as well. There were no additional delivery fees for the 2nd cake, the cost of the cake was nominal, and the cake came out amazing! It was in the shape of an Xbox One game controller with a nutella and chocolate filling. My husband was pleasantly surprised when he saw and tasted it. I would highly recommend Olympia for their wide range of knowledge and experience with Wedding Cakes. You can rest easy knowing that it will be of great quality and your guests will love it!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Sarah F

Olympia Catering made my wedding cake and every single one of my guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was! Not only did it look exactly like what Debbie and I had discussed, but it was the best tasting wedding cake I've ever had. Strongly recommend the white cake... Read More with raspberry cheesecake filling--you will not be disappointed! Their other petite desserts are equally delicious and their prices are especially reasonable! Two thumbs up! Thanks Olympia!

Great Food & Service

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Amanda N

Olympia provided the food and cake for my wedding reception. The appetizers and meal were perfect and the carrot cake was to die for! (I really hope it tastes the same when we defrost it for out 1 year anniversary) We received so many compliments from our guests not just on the... Read More food but the set up of the venue as well. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were taken care of all night and we were so thankful for them boxing up the leftovers.

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Kaley P

We got married at the St. Pete Museum of Fine Arts and we had Olympia Catering for our food and cake. Everyone raved about the food and loved our late night snack :) Our cake was was absolutely gorgeous. I worked with Deb to design the cake and it was even more than I imagined.... Read More My contact at Olympia was Nancy and I could say a million great things about her. My husband and I had to plan this wedding from Atlanta and only made 2 trips down to St. Pete before the wedding. Nancy was amazing and so helpful. I didn't have to worry about a thing. I fully recommend Olympia Catering for any events. Our experience was more than 5 stars.

Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 4/30/2015

My husband and I are from out of town so planning the rehearsal dinner long distance was stressful; however, Amy of Olympia Catering did a superb job of meeting every request. She was easy to talk to, made great suggestions and accommodated us with last minute changes. We... Read More planned the dinner in a church fellowship hall for 60 guests, which provided a private setting and the opportunity to view lifelong memories of our son and new daughter through a video. Our main event lead was Tata, and she did a wonderful job with arranging the room and was very attentive to every detail. The food was served hot and delicious. Many guests complimented us on the meal. Our servers were Aiden, Jessica and Eddie, and they were very polite and well dressed. We highly recommend Olympia Catering service and were so appreciative to have Amy's confidence and help.

PERFECTION of Food and Service!

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Lisa D

We cannot thank Olympia enough for their incredible food and service for our wedding!!! Working with Sheri was as easy as pie (no pun intended!) and they truly made our wedding reception ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!! The bartenders and service staff was absolutely amazing, everyone had... Read More a drink in hand and never had to wait in a super long or slow line. They were friendly, fast, and accommodating, and especially helpful to our guests with challenges or special needs. They brought drinks and food to us and our wedding party while we were taking our photos during cocktail hour, and as soon as our dinner stations were opened, they delivered plates of everything to our sweetheart table so we could relax and eat our first dinner together. Our wedding food was DELICOUS!! All of our guests complimented us on how good the food and service was, over and over again!! And as a bride, that is one thing you need to have a successful event! From cocktails, to appetizers, our stations for our main course, and our kickass wedding Cake, it could not have been better!!! They took in any special requests that we had, and made sure we were completely satisfied with how everything turned out. We HIGHLY recommend Olympia for all of your catering needs!! Thanks again!! – Lisa & Paul Karrat, March 8,2015

DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Kathryn W

Olympia provided the catering for my reception food and cake. It was absolutely delicious. I cannot even believe how many compliments we got on the dinner we had served at our reception. The people at Olympia were more than willing to work around my schedule and my vision. They... Read More set everything up at my reception venue beautifully and made everything seem flawless and easy. I couldn't wait to eat our leftovers later that night!

Delicious and Professional!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015 Heather H

Our venue did not have a kitchen and we wanted to have a plated dinner. Olympia far exceeded our expectations!! Our guests were stunned that the cooks and catering staff were able to pull off such a delicious and elegant meal all from a kitchen on a truck. Highly, HIGHLY... Read More recommend!! After our wedding, one of my bridesmaids booked with them for her wedding.