All Aspects of Floral Design

Combining nature with art is my theory on floral Design. Painted Rock Designs strives and focuses on creating the perfect backdrop for your most treasured day. It is our goal to accommodate every bride and groom's style, and budget. Let us capture the essence of your day with gorgeous floral design!

Centerpieces, Vases, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres

PO Box 47, Block Island, RI (631) 704-3221

100 Stars for Painted Rock Designs

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Danielle C

It's nearly impossible for me to fully articulate what a great experience I had working with Melissa. Melissa was so incredibly attentive to me throughout the whole planning process. She was so invested in helping me achieve my vision for my wedding, even before I fully knew... Read More what I wanted. Once I decided on a vision, she spent so much time and effort working on how to perfect it. Not only did Melissa create the most STUNNING flowers I could have ever imagined, but she actually helped me put together the whole design- from the flowers, to candles, to vintage bird cages, to the vintage cake stand. The whole look of my wedding took my breath away. When I first saw my bridesmaids and my bouquet the morning of the wedding, I burst into tears because they were so beautiful. I actually walked around with my bouquet for days after the wedding because I didn't want to part with it. Aside from the aesthetic perfection of the wedding, Melissa was incredible to work with. Such a genuinely sweet person who loves what she does. We got married on Block Island and live in California. The distance could make things challenging and working with Melissa was so simple. She's a great communicator and really budget conscious. She will let you know exactly how any of your ideas will affect your budget and she will really work with you to achieve your vision with flowers that are in-season and more local, which will really help your budget if that's a consideration for you. Overall, I couldn't recommend her highly enough. She really made my wedding planning so much fun and I will forever be grateful for her help, expertise, enthusiasm, and friendship throughout the process. -Danielle

Melissa is absolutely the best!

Reviewed on 1/22/2015 Ilene D

Melissa is absolutely the best! We started wedding planning with a desired "look-and-feel" but very little flower knowledge specifically. Melissa gave us lots of inspiration and lots of ideas to choose from. The end result was absolutely beautiful: the arch, the center... Read More pieces, the bouquets, even the flowers on our wedding cake (or rather wedding brownies - we are a little unconventional). As a recent bride herself, she knows how strenuous planning can be and makes the process incredibly easy. Out of everything we had to coordinate, flowers were never a point of stress, rather something fun that we looked forward to working on. We highly recommend Melissa for any of your upcoming events!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Katie Z

Melissa truly brought my vision to life! She was so easy to work with, reliable and extremely responsive. Her tips and advice were super helpful, and she was able to work within my budget. It's tough planning a wedding from afar especially when it comes to visuals, but she made... Read More it so easy. I truly felt like I had known her forever by the end. I would highly recommend Melissa and feel confident with your decision :))

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Joanna L

Melissa and her work are top notch! My fiance and I planned a quick elopement to Block Island and I had wanted a simple flower crown and small bouquet and Melissa was able to make 2 beautiful pieces even better than I expected. Additionally, I had bought some Hawaiian leis from... Read More a different vendor that came to us in horrible condition. I brought them to Melissa to try and salvage them and Melissa was able to recreate both our leis with her beautiful flowers on a day's notice. I am so grateful for her services. Both my husband and I were blown away with her work. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Melanie M

Melissa was great to work with! She followed my budget needs but still made the flowers for the girls , guys and tables perfect ! Just what I wanted ! I last minute added on an arch with flowers and she was very willing to get it done ! Thank you !!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Megan M

Melissa's flowers were amazing and she is an absolute pleasure to work with. Melissa definitely has a gift when it comes to making arrangements - from centerpieces, bouquets and arbors, each design is unique and completely customized to what you are looking for. In order to... Read More capture our vision (we did green,white and touches of blue, slightly whimsical), Melissa met with us and set up calls to go through types of flowers and different ways of decorating - she was extremely patient with us since we were unfamiliar with florals. She was so easy to work with and took on our challenges with patience and determination. During the process, we had to change our budget and Melissa completely re-vamped our entire design. She was able to keep the same 'look' by replacing flowers with similar styles, shapes and colors and we were able to stay within our new budget. Whenever we weren't sure what we wanted, Melissa was ready to present suggestions and ideas. Overall, it was an absolute pleasure working with Melissa- our flowers were stunning! If you are considering using her, book her quick, she is in high demand :).

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 erin w

Working with Melissa was one of the best experiences I had with planning my wedding. She was so sweet and easy to talk to and on top of that professional. She was truly attentive to my vision for the wedding and put so much effort in giving me plenty of options in making it... Read More happen. She got back to me right away regarding any of my questions or changes that I had. The table décor came out beautiful as did my bouquet. Her style is just so amazing as it can be seen in her store she opened up on the island as well. She definitely made planning a wedding from afar a breeze. It was so evident that she truly cared about my wedding day exceeding my expectations. It was such a pleasure working with her. I give her my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Caren C

Melissa is so talented!! She surpassed my expectations, is down to earth, easy to work with, and just "gets it." She has excellent taste and her new shop on the island is a great showcase! Highly recommend—she will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Sharon T

Painted Rock Designs in one word - stellar! I think I was not the "normal" bride as the details and flowers weren't really important to me. I gave Melissa very little direction and she took the 2 colors and minimal flower budget we had and turned it into stunning bouquets and... Read More center pieces with very classical taste. The bridal bouquet was stunning and is the center of attention in all my pics! She was prompt, professional, and hand delivered everything to where it needed to be when it needed to be there. We are so lucky to have had the opportunity to have Painted Rock Designs be a part of our special day and turn something so insignificant to me into such a focal point of the day. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Caitlin M

Melissa from Painted Rock Designs made our Block Island wedding dreams come true! She understood what we were looking for right away and was in constant communication with us during the 18 months between securing her services and our wedding date. Whenever she worked on or saw... Read More something that she thought fell in line with our style, she would send us a picture or link to show us. She collaborated with us and created the most incredibly beautiful arrangements meeting our vision exactly. We became friends with her and her husband and they were guests at our wedding! She even surprised us by getting us and setting up a specific plant that was impossible to find. Using Painted Rock Designs was the easiest decision we made for our entire wedding at the Spring House on Block Island. Melissa is a class act.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Liz S

Melissa was FANTASTIC! I wasn't quite sure what I wanted and she took my ideas, asked questions, was so patient and the end product was just breathtaking. She worked within our budget and had the best suggestions - I couldn't have been happier with our final flowers! A dream... Read More come true. Thanks Melissa!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Alison S

I cannot say enough about Painted Rock Designs! Melissa was a true professional and I really enjoyed working with her. Her designs were beautiful and she took the time to understand my vision and make sure we were on the same page. She was attentive throughout the planning... Read More process and always responded to me in a timely fashion. I have to say that she was the vendor that i enjoyed working with the most and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding on Block Island. You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Ashley F

Working with Melissa was hands down amazing! I first met her at the Block Island wedding show. We connected right away - she is very personable and easy to talk and listens to what you want. Her ideas and execution were awesome. I had so many ideas of what I thought I wanted... Read More for my wedding and through some back and forth we were able to narrow it down and hone in on one vision... and the execution was breathtaking! She is so talented. I would recommend her for any event/wedding on Block Island and elsewhere. She will deliver! Getting to know her throughout the whole planning process, I know I will be in touch with her throughout my life... she's just that type of person who starts off as your florist and becomes a friend. I wouldn't have changed the flowers at my wedding one bit! I was blown away! I was one happy bride!! Go call her up, you'll thank me! :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Eileen S

Melissa was amazing! She was so quick to respond and totally understood what we were looking for! When she delivered the flowers I was speechless. They were even more beautiful than the pictures!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jennifer E

MELISSA WAS SO INCREDIABLE IN PICKING OUT MY FLOWERS AND THE CENTER PIECES I GOT MARRIED IN BLOCK ISLAND SHE WAS VERY HELPFULL. SHE IS GREAT IN STICKING WITHN YOUR BUDGET. SHE KEEPS YOU POSTED WITH EMAILES AND PHONECALLS. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND MELISSA IN DOING ANY EVENT. WHAT... Read More A GREAT PLEASURE MADE MY WEDDING DAY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michelle D

Melissa with Painted Rock Designs is the absolute best! She was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with! Melissa created the most beautiful flower displays for our perfect Block Island wedding. From the centerpieces to the bouquets, I could not have been happier with... Read More my decision to hire Painted Rock Designs!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Meghan L

Melissa did an awesome job for our wedding. We had a tight budget and a pretty unique color scheme and her designs were just perfect. Reasonably priced, incredibly responsive, and unreal talent and creativity made her an absolutely perfect choice for our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Katie L

Melissa at Painted Rock was fantastic! We didn't know much about flowers, but knew that we wanted bold and bright colors, lots of whimsy and appropriate for our casual-but-classy Block Island setting. We had a large order, with over twenty centerpieces and and arbor, not to... Read More mention the bouquets, corsages, bouts, etc for the wedding party. Even with such a large number, Melissa kept everything under our budget, and was very easy to work and design with. She caught the vibe we wanted to have for the wedding, and was able to translate it into beautiful arrangements. Melissa really knocked it out of the park, and, weeks later, I'm still obsessed with the flowers!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

Melissa was SO incredible to myself and my family. She generously donated the most GORGEOUS flowers for a fundraiser I hosted this past weekend. She did not "skimp" on anything just because she was donating to us. I received compliments throughout the night about the beauty and... Read More quality of the flowers. I will absolutely be working with her in the future.

Reviewed on 1/03/2016 Eve E

I cannot say enough good things about Melissa and Painted Rock Designs. She was so helpful from our first design phone call and executed my vision exactly. The final product was gorgeous! She provided helpful suggestions and feedback throughout the process. She worked really... Read More well with all my other vendors and was a true professional. Five stars all the way! Thank you, Melissa!

Absolutely Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 allison g

It's actually hard to fully put into words what Melissa did for me and my wedding. She was the very first vendor I spoke to. She, having been a block island bride herself was so incredibility helpful and had tons of advice and a true understanding of a Block Island wedding.... Read More After our first conversation which lasted almost 2 hours I was sure that Melissa was going to help me make not only my flowers but my entire wedding perfect. I was a bride to be going in with not much interest in flowers. I knew it was something you need but was never high on my list of priorities. We sent each other mood boards, looked at inspiration, made all the decisions. The whole time I knew I had nothing to worry about and everything would be great but on the morning of my wedding I was completely blown away. I didn't even know I could love flowers this much. They were perfect! I am a convert! Every aspect of working with Painted Rock for me was Absolutely Perfect!!! She is amazingly talented and hard working but most of all she made it fun and easy which in the wedding planning process can often be forgotten. Without Melissa our day would have not been the same and I can never thank her enough.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Esther C

I ended up not getting my flowers with Melissa due to other circumstances but in the short amount of time that we spoke I have to recommend her wholeheartedly. She was so amazing and nice and we emailed several times a day regarding my vision and she would make suggestions that... Read More was always great. I so wish we had worked with her but if you have any doubts about her just shoot her an email and you will see why she is so great!

STUNNING!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Nicole B

There are NO words to explain how absolutely amazing it was to work with Melissa and Painted Rock Designs! Not only was she by far one of the sweetest women I have ever come across, her talent and professionalism was outstanding. I was going for an rustic/country/sparkly... Read More wedding theme. Not an easy task to say the least! She surpassed anything I could have ever imagined. I got and are still getting so many compliments on all my flowers. The quality of her products is top notch and lastest for days after my wedding. Melissa was not only the most wonderful florist but has become a dear friend.

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Grace E

Melissa was incredible. I cannot stress enough how great she was to work with. I had an idea of what it was I wanted and she took that vision and made it so much more! The flowers were perfect and really enhanced the feel and look of our wedding. She is really amazing. She... Read More was always so quick to answer my (many) questions and wouldn't just respond but was invested in the wedding as much as we were. Thank you Melissa for everything.

Gorgeous Floral Wedding Arch

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Melissa at Painted Rock Designs provided phenomenal service and an absolutely stunning design. I live out of state, so was only able to discuss plans by phone or email. Melissa knew exactly what I wanted and made me feel very comfortable even though I wasn't arriving until the... Read More day before my wedding and didn't have a chance to even see the arch or flowers until my wedding. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the arch was and we noticed that even people outside of our wedding took pictures in front of it. If you are thinking about using Painted Rock Designs, I'd highly recommend that you do. I was very impressed with Melissa,her design and service. Best of luck with your wedding!